PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson appointed referee for United game

Diclonius
30-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Thought this should have his own thread.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11527

Stick on for United then? :rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:38 PM

I'm sitting in the front row to hurl abuse at him, I want him to hear how much of a **** he is and how much I hate him

Cabbage East
30-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Is this a ****in joke?

What other motive can the SPL have for appointing him than to noise us up? Utterly ridiculous.

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm sitting in the front row to hurl abuse at him, I want him to hear how much of a **** he is and how much I hate him

He is bound to give us a decision then

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm honestly sticking £50 on us giving away a pen and also having someone sent off. He will give us **** all. I'll post the odds as I know a few of you will prob be thinking the same!!

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:47 PM
He is bound to give us a decision then

As if the rest of our fans won't be shouting at him anyway, the second he makes a wrong decision we will all be on his back right away, that is if we aren't already shouting dogs abuse at him.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 02:48 PM
At least it makes it slightly less likely he'll get the Derby.

Although knowing the football authorities in this country it wouldn't surprise me if he got that as well.

Kojock
30-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I watched the games Thomson reffed at te Euros and he never put a foot wrong. Yet how many howlers has he made AGAINST Hibs. The guys a cheat of that there is no doubt. :giruy:

andy1875
30-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Craig Thomson deserves a torrid time from the Hibs support this weekend. His decision to let Black of with the "tackle" on Sparky, the "penalty" to Hearts and the sending of for Kujabi was nothing short of cheating.

Hearts were far better than us on the day and I'm not making excuses as we were gash as we all know, BUT his poor decisons yet again DID have an influence on the course of the game.

For that reason I hope he gets it tight for 90mins at the weekend and every other game he refs with us in it until the day he stops refeering.

Craig Thomson = YAM........FACT.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2012, 02:58 PM
At least it makes it slightly less likely he'll get the Derby.

Although knowing the football authorities in this country it wouldn't surprise me if he got that as well.

You would bloomin hope so.

Gutted I can't go now. Would have LOVED to be there to give him verbals

Nothing less than that disgusting excuse for a man deserves:fuming::fuming::fuming:

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 02:58 PM
As if the rest of our fans won't be shouting at him anyway, the second he makes a wrong decision we will all be on his back right away, that is if we aren't already shouting dogs abuse at him.

simply saying you would be better expending your energy cheering on our boys than twisting yourself into a cardiac arrest of hate over someone who could not give a toss what you think of him

scoopyboy
30-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Craig Thomson deserves a torrid time from the Hibs support this weekend. His decision to let Black of with the "tackle" on Sparky, the "penalty" to Hearts and the sending of for Kujabi was nothing short of cheating.

Hearts were far better than us on the day and I'm not making excuses as we were gash as we all know, BUT his poor decisons yet again DID have an influence on the course of the game.

For that reason I hope he gets it tight for 90mins at the weekend and every other game he refs with us in it until the day he stops refeering.

Sending off of Kujabi was the correct decision, it was a second yellow offence IMO.

It would obviously have been a free kick outside the box as opposed to a pen however.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 03:05 PM
simply saying you would be better expending your energy cheering on our boys than twisting yourself into a cardiac arrest of hate over someone who could not give a toss what you think of him

I can do both, will you be at the game? If you are you can give me an electric shock dog collar and shock me any time I am not backing the team, also my first post was an exaggeration, just like I said I would rather deep fry my balls than allow Hearts fans to sit in the home support stands at ER

andy1875
30-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Sending off of Kujabi was the correct decision, it was a second yellow offence IMO.

It would obviously have been a free kick outside the box as opposed to a pen however.

Agreed scoopyboy, probably didn't make my post clear enough. My grump is in relation to the fact that Blacks "tackle" was within minutes of Kujabi's first challenge. Kujabi booked, Black no booking.

Obviously, no arguments about the second yellow. Clear as day booking, pity the referee didn't see it clear as day to notice it was outside the box.

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 03:09 PM

Agree he is a cheat but you can't complain about Kujabi being sent off ? Yellow card offence all day long, his consistency is the issue black (by the letter of the law should have been off) in my opinion should have gotten a yellow at least but to not do that is a disgrace. As I said just feel abusing him will achieve nothing and we would be better supporting the team. I know this is easier said than done he is cheat after all

andy1875
30-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Agree he is a cheat but you can't complain about Kujabi being sent off ? Yellow card offence all day long, his consistency is the issue black (by the letter of the law should have been off) in my opinion should have gotten a yellow at least but to not do that is a disgrace. As I said just feel abusing him will achieve nothing and we would be better supporting the team. I know this is easier said than done he is cheat after all

See my last post mate.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 03:12 PM

:agree: Cheating twat.

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 03:13 PM
See my last post mate.

Haha i was typing that out while you answered the same point by someone else :greengrin Im slower than most:agree:

Hainan Hibs
30-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Hope he gets ripped apart for the 90 minutes.

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 03:19 PM
I can do both, will you be at the game? If you are you can give me an electric shock dog collar and shock me any time I am not backing the team, also my first post was an exaggeration, just like I said I would rather deep fry my balls than allow Hearts fans to sit in the home support stands at ER

I may be at the game depending on shuffling some stuff (new improved kick off time causing issues) Sadly my electric dog collar is a mains only affair and is only ever used in the Cocopops dungeon :greengrin
NOTE: Always have a safe word while using electric torture devices Kids :guesswho:

Twa Cairpets
30-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Actually, and somewhat perversely, this might be a good appointment.

I know for a fact that he was absolutely carpeted by the referee supervisors on his performance in the cup final - he got an absolute reaming for his decisions.

Given that referees are human and that referees supervisors reports are important at this level for future match appointments (the Euros were already appointed, before anyone shouts, and he did very, very well in them), I think the great big guffy might actually go out of his way not to show bias against Hibs this weekend.

Just a thought. Could be wrong. Probably will be.

BEEJ
30-07-2012, 03:33 PM

Without Santana's blatant simulation, play would have continued and no yellow card would normally have been issued.

Shirt pulling goes on all the time in the modern game and referees seldom issue yellow cards for it. It is even more rare for them to issue yellow cards for it retrospectively after the completion of a passage of play.

The simulation, however, went unpunished. As did Santana's gesture at Thomson of waving a card in order to have his opponent booked. Post match, Vincent Lunny seemed not to want to look further into the dive either.

So I disagree. The sending off was the wrong decision.

HibbyAndy
30-07-2012, 03:35 PM
There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating.Craig Thomson IMO is 100% the latter.

Cheating Hearts Barsteward.

Northernhibee
30-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Punishment for being the first to stand up for sporting integrity by the Rangers loving SPL bosses, no doubt.

**** them.

Just Alf
30-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Agreed scoopyboy, probably didn't make my post clear enough. My grump is in relation to the fact that Blacks "tackle" was within minutes of Kujabi's first challenge. Kujabi booked, Black no booking.

Obviously, no arguments about the second yellow. Clear as day booking, pity the referee didn't see it clear as day to notice it was outside the box.

for me it was the picture in the EN that showed a Yam doing the exact same thing (big shirt tug) but didn't get booked or even pulled up for a foul :grr:

LeighLoyal
30-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I hope the cheating prick doesn't trip on a blade of grass and break his scrawny neck!

That would be a shame.

Sean1875
30-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I hope he knows what hes getting himself in for. Anytime that lanky insect is in earshot hes getting a torrent of abuse, cheating yam prick.

500miles
30-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Kujabi's second yellow was arguable - although soft. But his first? Laughable.

Andy74
30-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Very next game we play eh.

Hibs sent a detailed pack of stuff on him against us before the final and Hibs were due to meet the referee supervisor at Hampden prior to the ref being agreed. When Hibs were on the way to Hampden for that meeting the supervisor took the opportunity to name Thomson.

Kind of shows the type of thing we are up against.

LeighLoyal
30-07-2012, 04:15 PM

He cheated us, he knows it and so does everybody else with was a working set of eyes.

I wasn't going to go on Sunday but giving it tight to Thompson is worth the petrol!

Waxy
30-07-2012, 04:16 PM

I know for a fact that he was absolutely carpeted by the referee supervisors on his performance in the cup final - he got an absolute reaming for his decisions.

Given that referees are human and that referees supervisors reports are important at this level for future match appointments (the Euros were already appointed, before anyone shouts, and he did very, very well in them), I think the great big guffy might actually go out of his way not to show bias against Hibs this weekend.

Just a thought. Could be wrong. Probably will be.I dont care if he gives us a penalty in every match he ever refs us from now on.
The yam barsteward blatently cheated us in the most important derby in history and should get megapelters forever more from us.
Dont care if they where the better team.We where coming back at them.We might have won it.He made sure we didn't.
He's a yam F@&$

erin go bragh
30-07-2012, 04:16 PM
There is poor refereeing and there is downright cheating.Craig Thomson IMO is 100% the latter.

Cheating Hearts Barsteward.
This :agree:

ggtth

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2012, 04:19 PM
He deserves torrents of dogs abuse but that can never make up for what he's done to hurt us.

R'Albin
30-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I reckon this is a chance for them to 'prove' that Thompson doesn't have any sort of agenda against Hibs. The man obviously hates us but I could see the SFA maybe giving him this game and telling him to make sure he calls it down the middle.

In saying that, most likely we'll get shafted out the game by him again though.

JimBHibees
30-07-2012, 04:20 PM

Hibs sent a detailed pack of stuff on him against us before the final and Hibs were due to meet the referee supervisor at Hampden prior to the ref being agreed. When Hibs were on the way to Hampden for that meeting the supervisor took the opportunity to name Thomson.

Is that right? dear oh dear. Though to be honest with Thomson going to Euros he was always going to get the final in saying that dont think anyone could believe he would be as bad as he was. As you say shows how things are. I think we should have made more of his appointment as a club than we did others clubs wouldnt have been so shy to express their disappointment and put the pressure on.

Dinkydoo
30-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Losing THAT game by being the worst team on the day is bad enough but to be cheated out of any chance of a competitive second half still sickens me.

Kujabi's first booking, Black's forearm, calling for half time when we in the final third and the penalty decision gave away what a completely cheating ****er Thomson is.

**** him, **** the SFA.

I hope his bias shines through again so everybody can see it, and perhaps something will be done about it.....

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Is that right? dear oh dear. Though to be honest with Thomson going to Euros he was always going to get the final in saying that dont think anyone could believe he would be as bad as he was. As you say shows how things are. I think we should have made more of his appointment as a club than we did others clubs wouldnt have been so shy to express their disappointment and put the pressure on.

See the pre-match thread where a number of us were lambasted for suggesting Hibs should read the SFA the riot act and the predictions that he would do exactly what he did.
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235754-Ref-for-final-%28Craig-Thomson%29-merged

hibee62
30-07-2012, 04:28 PM

The first was an arguable yellow, it was a very careless tackle and a strict referee will give it every day of the week if there is contact or not. I'm also not convinced that Kujabi made contact in the first challenge.

Isolating the two yellow cards from the rest of the game and the location on the pitch, it could well be a red card. Unfortunately we can't do that. The Black elbow has been done to death but there was also a challenge from Skacel soon after the first booking on Stevenson which was halfway up the shin and studs up. That was a definite yellow regardless of referee and he never gave it.

Beefster
30-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Is this a ****in joke?

What other motive can the SPL have for appointing him than to noise us up? Utterly ridiculous.

It's the SFA that appoint referees.

If that's true, why couldn't Rodders, the SFA 2nd Vice President, have just had a chat with Regan during their countless meetings/conference calls/group emails this summer about it?

JimBHibees
30-07-2012, 04:41 PM
It's the SFA that appoint referees.

If that's true, why couldn't Rodders, the SFA 2nd Vice President, have just had a chat with Regan during their countless meetings/conference calls/group emails this summer about it?

He tried but every meeting it was put under AOB and they never got past the first agenda item of 'How can we save Rangers?' :greengrin

Franck Stanton
30-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Was going to go up to game but no point now, we don't have a snowballs chance of getting a result now.

JimBHibees
30-07-2012, 04:43 PM
See the pre-match thread where a number of us were lambasted for suggesting Hibs should read the SFA the riot act and the predictions that he would do exactly what he did.
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235754-Ref-for-final-%28Craig-Thomson%29-merged

Dont want to depress myself again. :greengrin With the derby being the next game after then this isnt the best appointment for Hibs but nothing we can do about it, need controlled aggression and no stupid cards for dissent etc.

Deek01
30-07-2012, 04:44 PM

Not really considering he was booked for his first foul of the match then Black was let away without a card for 3 worse fouls after.

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 04:50 PM
He cheated us, he knows it and so does everybody else with was a working set of eyes.

I wasn't going to go on Sunday but giving it tight to Thompson is worth the petrol!

Was going to go up to game but no point now, we don't have a snowballs chance of getting a result now.

2 Very different ways of looking at this :greengrin

Heisenberg
30-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Looks like their getting his hibs game out the way early, and of course its away from home. Utd are guaranteed to get the better of the decisions.

Northernhibee
30-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I know a steward who works at Tannadice - they're to chuck people out who are using offensive language.

So ensure that you're not swearing when giving it tight to that cheating Jambo ****bag.

Hibercelona
30-07-2012, 05:34 PM
I know a steward who works at Tannadice - they're to chuck people out who are using offensive language.

So ensure that you're not swearing when giving it tight to that cheating Jambo ****bag.

Good luck to them trying to chuck every single hibby out.

Wotherspiniesta
30-07-2012, 05:36 PM
8480 8481

8482 8483 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE

It's not a coincidence.

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Not really considering he was booked for his first foul of the match then Black was let away without a card for 3 worse fouls after.

Yup.. well said.

Kujabis 1st yellow was not a booking... 1st foul and nothing bad...and defo not when black got away with much more..

I doubt I will even watch the game now.. in fear of damaging my nice tv!

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2012, 05:37 PM
The SFA must be aware of our attitude to this guy. Why give him our first game of the season?

There is only one answer ... this is two fingers up to Hibs as a club and us as supporters especially.

If our refs consistency was of the same consistency as the stupidity at the SFA we would hardly ever complain about them.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2012, 05:43 PM
8480 8481

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyKGHNT7lE

It's not a coincidence.

First time I have seen that apart from at Hampden ...... half the refs in Britain would have sent him off for that, yet not even a booking.

Any chance we ever had of even getting a point at Tannadice has just gone.

joebakerforever
30-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Every cloud has a silver lining - get a bet on with Bookies that Thomson awards the Arabs a pen - easy money.

Sprouleflyer
30-07-2012, 06:12 PM
WTF!!!

The game before the derby, bet Thomson will be licking his lips at the thought of sending off a couple of Hibs players! What are the chances McPake and Griffiths are sent packing on Sunday and will miss the derby!

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 06:12 PM
I dislike the man as much as anyone (well, not quite as much as SOME people on here, TBH! :greengrin :wink:)

However, the fact is that Thomson's going to referee some of our games in the SPL this season, so whether it's this game or any other makes no difference IMO.

I don't have any problem with him being barracked from start to finish, however, as I think he fully deserves it.

degenerated
30-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I dislike the man as much as anyone (well, not quite as much as SOME people on here, TBH! :greengrin :wink:)

However, the fact is that Thomson's going to referee some of our games in the SPL this season, so whether it's this game or any other makes no difference IMO.

I don't have any problem with him being barracked from start to finish, however, as I think he fully deserves it.

Just from start to finish. He should be barracked from the minute he turns up. And when at Easter road the club should treat him as persona non grata.

RoxburghHibs
30-07-2012, 06:30 PM

Yeah fair point. I guess the SFA will be thinking it's a good idea, to show that they won't be swayed by fan or club pressure, as to the appointment of refs. I do tend to agree that they are right on that point. However that is exactly what has happened, by appointing him for the very first match after his shocker against us at Hampden, they are doing this due to fan/club pressure - no other reason.

All the SFA will succeed in doing is fueling the fire - I hope the Hibs support give him the disrespect he fully deserves.

I'd actually go early just to give him the abuse he deserves but I'm in Wales on a stag weekend!!

THOMSON THOMSON JAMBO CHEAT!
THOMSON
JAMBO CHEAT!!!

SunshineOnLeith
30-07-2012, 06:34 PM

Just a thought. Could be wrong. Probably will be.

So he got dragged over hot coals by the beaks, and these supervisors reports are so important to future appointments, that he's been appointed to an SPL match in the first gameweek of the new season?

suavegav
30-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I dont care if he gives us a penalty in every match he ever refs us from now on.
The yam barsteward blatently cheated us in the most important derby in history and should get megapelters forever more from us.
Dont care if they where the better team.We where coming back at them.We might have won it.He made sure we didn't.
He's a yam F@&$

Im gonna laugh at him all the way thru the match, as hes the most incompetent ref ever and he deserves to be laughed at. Cannae wait, LETS ALL LAUGH AT THOMSON, LETS ALL LAUGH AT THOMSON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

VickMackie
30-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Its obviously a ****ing joke. How else would they appoint him to our game after cheating us in the biggest game in Scottish football for decades?

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2012, 07:20 PM
8480 8481

It's not a coincidence.

And another...

HibbyAndy
30-07-2012, 07:21 PM
8480 8481

It's not a coincidence.

IIRC The Fletcher sending off was very very harsh, It really could have went either way and many still believe in actual fact it should have been Berra that saw red instead.

Wheat Hound
30-07-2012, 07:29 PM
We need this to reach the press before the game so that Thomson is under the spotlight, a la Celtc.

3pm
30-07-2012, 07:32 PM
We'll get the decisions!

goosefat
30-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Its obviously a ****ing joke. How else would they appoint him to our game after cheating us in the biggest game in Scottish football for decades?

We need to move on from this people. Bad decisions aside, it wouldn't have made any difference if Ray Charles had been the referee that day.

Incompetent? perhaps, at times - like most refs.

Bias and a cheat? No.

We can go over old ground and waste time giving each other links to YouTube clips showing how bad he is and bleating about how he's got his own personal agenda against us, etc., blah, blah, blah.

Really, we got much more important things to worry about than Craig Thomson.

Now...cue the conspiracy theorists....:tin hat:

LeighLoyal
30-07-2012, 08:00 PM
We need to move on from this people. Bad decisions aside, it wouldn't have made any difference if Ray Charles had been the referee that day.

Bias and a cheat? No.

We can go over old ground and waste time giving each other links to YouTube clips showing how bad he is and bleating about how he's got his own personal agenda against us, etc., blah, blah, blah.

You're a bit naive if you think this guy is not against our club. It's as obvious as the nose on the dick's face. Ask yourself this: at what point do "honest mistakes" and incompetence cross over into bias and cheating? Thompson crossed that line at Hampden in my book. A shameful, corrupt official and a disgrace to the badge he wears. And if he gives us a butter soft award at Tannadice I won't be fooled.

goosefat
30-07-2012, 08:09 PM
You're a bit naive if you think this guy is not against our club. It's as obvious as the nose on the dick's face. Ask yourself this: at what point do "honest mistakes" and incompetence cross over into bias and cheating? Thompson crossed that line at Hampden in my book. A shameful, corrupt official and a disgrace to the badge he wears. And if gives us a butter soft award at Tannadice I won't be fooled.

You're inventing a quote that wasn't in my original post at all.

Anyway, keep watching the X-Files. The truth is out there....:wink:

Dinkydoo
30-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Bias and a cheat? No.

Ltyf.

#FromTheCapital
30-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Bias and a cheat? No.

While I agree with your comment about us losing that day regardless, Craig Thomson is cheating ****.
Far too many dodgy decisions against us over a number of games. Seen him ref at the euros and he done well. Apparently Scotland's best ref (although that's not saying much) .
I remember on here in the weeks before the final someone predicted exactly how his performance would go on the day. ie. black given a license to kill, dodgy pen and man sent off. Just shows that it's not us being paranoid.
Hope he gets it tight on Sunday

Kato
30-07-2012, 08:30 PM
[SIZE=2][FONT=verdana]

Bias and a cheat? No.

Aye whatever. Saw Bobby Davidson, Brian McGinlay, Hugh Dallas and a few other SFA "choices" do the business on us in the past and this guy is cut from the same cloth.

The Ray Charles thing applies to anyone who can't see his leanings. (that includes you btw)

Kato
30-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Ltyf.

exactly, feeble

The Falcon
30-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I am certainly no conspiracy theorist but too many people predicted, some of them were uncannilly accurate, that Thomson would give decisions against us for it to be mere coincidence.

FWIW he may try and redress that particular shocking performance in a pretty meaningless game but dont be fooled, he is a cheat. Incompetence affects both sides, Thomson's performances in Hibs games only disadvantages one team.

Bias and a cheat? No.

scoopyboy
30-07-2012, 08:36 PM

I would agree with that but when you are on a yellow (deserved or not) you have to be careful.

goosefat
30-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Aye whatever. Saw Bobby Davidson, Brian McGinlay, Hugh Dallas and a few other SFA "choices" do the business on us in the past and this guy is cut from the same cloth.

The Ray Charles thing applies to anyone who can't see his leanings. (that includes you btw)

...and don't forget when watching Craig Thompson on Sunday that Hibs will be playing Dundee Utd.

Cabbage East
30-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I would suggest people email the Sfa to ask why on earth he's been appointed given what happened prior to, during and after the final.

scoopyboy
30-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I detest Craig Thomson as much as the next Hibs fan but the bottom line is we are going to have to accept he is going to be refereeing our games.

What has happened we can't change.

I'll probably give him pelters on Sunday but I know full well it aint gonna make the blindest bit of difference.

snooky
30-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I detest Craig Thomson as much as the next Hibs fan but the bottom line is we are going to have to accept he is going to be refereeing our games.

What has happened we can't change.

I'll probably give him pelters on Sunday but I know full well it aint gonna make the blindest bit of difference.

Burn the witch! :devil:

rcarter1
30-07-2012, 09:11 PM
On the general topic of Thomson,

Three (rhetorical) questions

1) I saw the Black challenge on Griffiths again on you tube. Can someone clarify objectively the rules regarding his challenge. I seem to remember a free kick was given. Caution, Booking or straight red? Was it even a foul?

2) Kujabi - lots of people say he was right to be sent off. Was this for, one bad challenge and one pulled shirt 'in the box'.

Reason being I don't really get bookings any more. Sometimes two late tackles and your off. Another day its three late challenges and you get a stern warning...:dunno:

3) does anyone actually have any statistics on games he's reefed against us to show that these bad decisions are specifically against us?

:rules:

Wotherspiniesta
30-07-2012, 09:23 PM
IIRC The Fletcher sending off was very very harsh, It really could have went either way and many still believe in actual fact it should have been Berra that saw red instead.

Capt Mainwaring
30-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Bias and a cheat? No.

Spot on. If only all our troubles last season and particularly in the final were actually down to poor refereeing. we need to look a lot closer to home.

Thomson bias - no, Incompetent - yes. In my opinion of course. Let most of this Forum continue the witch hunt.

matty_f
30-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Craig Thomson is a cheating c***.

30-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Lets just concentrate on putting in a great performance so this clowns ridiculas decisions are not an issue. Mind you, i'm sure that CHEAT would still find a way to **** us over!

Saorsa
30-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Spot on. If only all our troubles last season and particularly in the final were actually down to poor refereeing. we need to look a lot closer to home.

Thomson bias - no, Incompetent - yes. In my opinion of course. Let most of this Forum continue the witch hunt.Just a coincidence then that all his incompetently bad decisions were against us in that final and every other game we get him in, aye right then. :rolleyes:

baws

Dinkydoo
30-07-2012, 09:45 PM
If Capt Mainwaring and Goosefat weigh the same as a duck, can we burn them? :witch:

hfc rd
30-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Very angry with this. The guy is a joke. Cheating yam twat.

LeighLoyal
30-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I hope somebody launches the greasiest pie in the ground and lands it right on his coupon, the corrupt Yam cheater! :aok:

wearethehibs
30-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I mind in a game he had last season think it was against Killie. There was a foul on a Hibs player but we had a great advantage. Thomson saw we had an advantage but he blew the wistle for a foul.

I never believed he was a cheat until then.

Now looking through this thread I should have realised he was a cheat a lot sooner.

He's going to get so much abuse on Sunday. I predict the lower tier to sell out quick lol

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2012, 09:57 PM
FFS move on the guy is not a cheat nor is he biased against us he's just a referee that has made a few bad decisions in games he has refereed involving Hibs. His presence in this game will make no difference to the game what so ever get a grip and get yourself to the game and forget about the ref ya bunch of moaning gits.

:greengrin They were my thought before the cup final, now after his performance which was actually predicted to nearly every detail by some folk on here, I say we should do everything possible to hound this ****** *****bag lowlife cheating imposter out of football.

hfc rd
30-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Hope the fud gets a bucket load of abuse from the hibees in attendance this sun.

BEEJ
30-07-2012, 10:04 PM
...and don't forget when watching Craig Thompson on Sunday that Hibs will be playing Dundee Utd.
So?

Last season he wrongly awarded a penalty against us at Pittodrie which proved to be the winning goal for the Dons in that match.

Bias and a cheat? No.
If he's just incompetent then why doesn't he spread his appalling refereeing gaffes around a bit? He appears to reserve the bulk of them for Hibs matches.

It's precisely the fact that we have a mountain to climb this season anyway due to all manner of footballing circumstances that we can ill afford to have several of our SPL fixtures officiated by Thomson; someone who has a track record of being incapable of handling our fixtures in an even-handed way.

We'll probably manage to fritter away enough of our own SPL points this season without him contributing to the spectacle in his own particular style.

Argylehibby
30-07-2012, 10:20 PM
On the general topic of Thomson,

3) does anyone actually have any statistics on games he's reefed against us to show that these bad decisions are specifically against us?

:rules:

Games 39
Won 14
Lost 18
Drew 7
Yellow cards 66
Red Cards 5 (Colgan, Thomson, Fletcher, Miller, Kujabi)

First game in charge was 2001/2002

source

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=454&season_id=141

Killiehibbie
30-07-2012, 10:26 PM
I hope he falls and breaks a leg, was going to say neck, before Sunday and never takes charge of another game. Some of his decisions are baffling but quite a few are nothing but cheating.

Paisley Hibby
30-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Games 39
Won 14
Lost 18
Drew 7
Yellow cards 66
Red Cards 5 (Colgan, Thomson, Fletcher, Miller, Kujabi)

First game in charge was 2001/2002

source

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=454&season_id=141

Just to be devil's advocate like - those stats for our results when he has been referee look much better than our usual perfomance over the past couple of seasons :greengrin

lucky
30-07-2012, 10:50 PM
It adds s little spice to the occasion. Hopefully he gets dogs abuse through out the game.

SteveHFC
30-07-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.hibeesbou...223#post1445223 (http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?115080-Ref-for-Sunday&p=1445223#post1445223)

basehibby
30-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Unbe-f*****- lievable - someone at the SFA/SPL is totally taking the pish - just who is it that makes these decisions?!? :grr:

Fergus52
30-07-2012, 11:22 PM

Bias and a cheat? No.

clearly you weren't at the dunfermline scottish cup semi-final, or our home game against killie last season, or the mid-week game in one of the cups where fletch got sent off

Fergus52
30-07-2012, 11:27 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149.html

every game he's reffed us. Most games since 2010 a key player was booked within first 15 minutes.

2010 was when he quit his solicitors job, where his boss was one of our directors at the time, Amanda something.

Hibs90
31-07-2012, 02:36 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149.html

every game he's reffed us. Most games since 2010 a key player was booked within first 15 minutes.

2010 was when he quit his solicitors job, where his boss was one of our directors at the time, Amanda something.

Amanda Jones. Hmm the plot thickens. Either way Hibs need to come out and voice their opinion on this matter.

greenginger
31-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Amanda Jones. Hmm the plot thickens. Either way Hibs need to come out and voice their opinion on this matter.

I have E-mailed the SFA twice , once before and once after the cup final debacle, asking if the SFA were aware Craig Thomson had been an employee of Hibs Director Amanda Jones, whilst taking charge of Hibs matches, and whether this information was or, should have been given by Thomson.

I never received any reply.

Just Alf
31-07-2012, 07:29 AM
My worry is that he'll find a way to get a key player sent off, they'll then miss the bloody derby, he'll prob even balance it by giving us a penalty as proof he's no a cheat!

James70
31-07-2012, 07:45 AM
My worry is that he'll find a way to get a key player sent off, they'll then miss the bloody derby, he'll prob even balance it by giving us a penalty as proof he's no a cheat!

What a load of rubbish!

There is no way he will give us a penalty unless Utd are winning 3-0 with a minute left to play! :wink:

greenginger
31-07-2012, 07:57 AM
What a load of rubbish!

There is no way he will give us a penalty unless Utd are winning 3-0 with a minute left to play! :wink:

And Hibs already have the ball in the net so he calls play back to award the penalty for Hibs to miss. :greengrin

goosefat
31-07-2012, 08:00 AM
clearly you weren't at the dunfermline scottish cup semi-final, or our home game against killie last season, or the mid-week game in one of the cups where fletch got sent off

I was at all three of those matches.

:coffee:

BEEJ
31-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Just to be devil's advocate like - those stats for our results when he has been referee look much better than our usual perfomance over the past couple of seasons :greengrin
Presumably you've seen the stats for the 9 or 10 matches of ours that he was in charge of last season?

:wink:

Fergus52
31-07-2012, 10:40 AM

And you still think he is incompetent and not a cheat? Considering his relatively decent performances when he isn't reffing hibs (minus the schalke game)

Just Alf
31-07-2012, 10:45 AM

What a load of rubbish!

And Hibs already have the ball in the net so he calls play back to award the penalty for Hibs to miss. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

I had in mind something like 4-0 and injury time! LOL!

PJ IronHIbee
31-07-2012, 10:47 AM

So was I - I have mixed feelings on this one. Unfortunately I will miss Sundays game as I'm in Majorca. This is in my view fortunate for Craig Thomson. You can get very close to and access the park at tannadice. I'm not sure I could take any more blatant cheating from that moron.:confused:

Argylehibby
31-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Most of our wins came in his early career. In the season when he refereed the cup semi final v Dunfermline that replay was the only game we lost when he was in charge. It all went downhill from there and last seasons stats were well documented. Of course in the period the teams performances have been poorer so you would expect the number of wins ratio to be less.

What the stats dont show though is the number of "dodgy" decisions over all of the games and what percentage went in our favour and what went against us.

HibbyAndy
31-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Most of our wins came in his early career. In the season when he refereed the cup semi final v Dunfermline that replay was the only game we lost when he was in charge. It all went downhill from there and last seasons stats were well documented. Of course in the period the teams performances have been poorer so you would expect the number of wins ratio to be less.

What the stats dont show though is the number of "dodgy" decisions over all of the games and what percentage went in our favour and what went against us.

Ah so it was him then was it?..How ironic, Awarded them a penalty with a few minutes to go and denied us a BLATANT..Absolute STICK ON penalty when Shiels was tripped in the box.

SHAME ON YOU THOMPSON, YOU ABSOLUTE CHEATING HEARTS BARSTEWARD!.

Chuck Rhoades
31-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Lets make sure this pr*ck doesn't forget what he is on Sunday.

Purple & Green
31-07-2012, 12:10 PM

I think what people forget is that they compare Craig Thomsons stats reffing us against our season overall - this is flawed, as it skews our overall stats towards Craig Thomson's stats.

What is a better way is to compare Craig Thomson's stats against all our games last season minus Craig Thomson's games; the difference is staggering and frankly utterly implausible. Or to put it another way does anyone really believe we would have lost all seven games that Craig Thomson reffed if the ref had been any other person with the possible exception of Calum Murray.

Our results under Thomson are poor, but also, our disciplinary it out of sync with him - many more yellow cards against us on average, with less yellow cards for the opposition than the average. This is not paranoia, this is hard empirical evidence.

Now, there's many reasons why things could be like this but I would suggest the two obvious ones are either

a) he has a problem with us

or

b) we have a problem with him.

I think whilst it might have started as b) it's clearly a) now.

greenginger
31-07-2012, 12:10 PM

And hopefully a few banners too, but make sure the wording is OK to be shown on TV. We want as many people as possible to know our feelings towards this piece of vermin dressed as a referee. :agree:

goosefat
31-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I think what people forget is that they compare Craig Thomsons stats reffing us against our season overall - this is flawed, as it skews our overall stats towards Craig Thomson's stats.

What is a better way is to compare Craig Thomson's stats against all our games last season minus Craig Thomson's games; the difference is staggering and frankly utterly implausible. Or to put it another way does anyone really believe we would have lost all seven games that Craig Thomson reffed if the ref had been any other person with the possible exception of Calum Murray.

Our results under Thomson are poor, but also, our disciplinary it out of sync with him - many more yellow cards against us on average, with less yellow cards for the opposition than the average. This is not paranoia, this is hard empirical evidence.

Now, there's many reasons why things could be like this but I would suggest the two obvious ones are either

a) he has a problem with us

or

b) we have a problem with him.

I think whilst it might have started as b) it's clearly a) now.

This is true, but playing devils advocate, you'd probably need to look beyond the basic stats and decide by looking at each of the yellow cards given against us on an individual basis whether they were in fact justified. I'm certain you will find at least some of them were. You’d then need to look at all the yellow cards for the opposition and decide which of them were justified and which weren’t. After that you’d probably have a different set of stats and may reach a different conclusion, but that conclusion would only be based on your personal interpretation of each of the decisions you perceived as correct or incorrect.

:nerd:

31-07-2012, 01:04 PM

:agree:

EH6 Hibby
31-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know what his stats are when in charge of other teams matches? I'm thinking specifically about red and yellow cards issued to other teams. It would be interesting to see if there is a big difference to our figures. I'm almost certain there will be.

The Falcon
31-07-2012, 01:16 PM
For all the doubters;

Scottish Premier League 11/12 / Referee ReportReferee Report / Yellow CardsT = Total Yellow Cards H = Home Yellow Cards A = Away Yellow Cards F = First Half Yellow Cards S = Second Half Yellow Cards P = Penalties Y/M = Yellow Cards Per Match

Name
Matches
T
H
A
F
S
P
Y/M
RT
RH
RA
RF
RS
RP
RY/M

Hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=41&statType=referees_report)

Dundee United (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=38&statType=referees_report)

Heart of Midlothian (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=40&statType=referees_report)

Glasgow Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=43&statType=referees_report)

Glasgow Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=42&statType=referees_report)

Kilmarnock (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=44&statType=referees_report)

Motherwell (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=45&statType=referees_report)

Dunfermline Athletic (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=39&statType=referees_report)

St Johnstone (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=46&statType=referees_report)

Aberdeen (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=36&statType=referees_report)

Inverness Cali (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=1281&statType=referees_report)

St Mirren (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=47&statType=referees_report)

Total

Dr Jimmy
31-07-2012, 01:22 PM
And hopefully a few banners too, but make sure the wording is OK to be shown on TV. We want as many people as possible to know our feelings towards this piece of vermin dressed as a referee. :agree:

Simple banner.
Craig Thomson
"we knew you would"
"you know you did"

Purple & Green
31-07-2012, 02:45 PM
This is true, but playing devils advocate, you'd probably need to look beyond the basic stats and decide by looking at each of the yellow cards given against us on an individual basis whether they were in fact justified. I'm certain you will find at least some of them were. You’d then need to look at all the yellow cards for the opposition and decide which of them were justified and which weren’t. After that you’d probably have a different set of stats and may reach a different conclusion, but that conclusion would only be based on your personal interpretation of each of the decisions you perceived as correct or incorrect.

:nerd:

I think it goes past that - I think the vast majority of yellow cards can be justified, but only in isolation to the particular incident.

I think the cup final is a great example - you could just about say that Blacks wasn't a yellow, Kujabi's were both bookings.

Take it in the context of the whole game and it's entirely different: Blacks non-booking, then Santana's non-booking followed by Kujabi's booking was at best an unsatisfactorily inconsistent application of the laws. Kujabi's second may have been justified in isolation but given what had gone before and he was the only player to be booked for shirt pulling on the day and I think we can see a clear pattern emerging especially as we now know the penalty wasn't a penalty. Is it really plausible that the only two bookable fouls in the first 46 minutes were committed by Hibs left back? It's patent nonsense to me, and I'm sure you could go through game after game with Thomson in charge like that.

Lungo--Drom
31-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Yup :agree:

Much as I'm putting my heart and soul into...

:pfgwa

...for yet another season, if this closet Yam fud :monkey1: is the ref then he will do everything in his maroon tinted power to make sure that the Arabs win. They're not the Yams but we are the Hibs so no doubt he'll be getting his blinkers ready to miss any deliberate fouls from them and his red card polished ready to book our players for breathing the wrong way :brickwall

No point in not going to the bookies to take advantage of his bias though :hmmm:

Admins! Can we have a Craig Thomson yamicon please? :cb

Lungo--Drom
31-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the stats Falcon :aok:
I didn't ever doubt he was either pro-Yam or anti-Hibs but reading those figures I am now suffering from high blood pressure.
:yw:
Am I not correct in saying that several people on here wrote to the club about his overall performance against us and the club responded that they too were compiling a dossier?
Perhaps he will be being watched? Maybe even had a speaking to or is that me being overly naïve and hopeful?

CT ya barsteward!!! :grr:

For all the doubters;

Scottish Premier League 11/12 / Referee Report

Referee Report / Yellow Cards

T = Total Yellow Cards H = Home Yellow Cards A = Away Yellow Cards F = First Half Yellow Cards S = Second Half Yellow Cards P = Penalties Y/M = Yellow Cards Per Match

Name
Matches
T
H
A
F
S
P
Y/M
RT
RH
RA
RF
RS
RP
RY/M

Hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=41&statType=referees_report)

Dundee United (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=38&statType=referees_report)

Heart of Midlothian (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=40&statType=referees_report)

Glasgow Celtic (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=43&statType=referees_report)

Glasgow Rangers (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=42&statType=referees_report)

Kilmarnock (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=44&statType=referees_report)

Motherwell (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=45&statType=referees_report)

Dunfermline Athletic (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=39&statType=referees_report)

St Johnstone (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=46&statType=referees_report)

Aberdeen (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=36&statType=referees_report)

Inverness Cali (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=1281&statType=referees_report)

St Mirren (http://www.hibs.net/btb_team.php?CompID=369&TeamID=47&statType=referees_report)

Total

Andy74
31-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the stats Falcon :aok:
I didn't ever doubt he was either pro-Yam or anti-Hibs but reading those figures I am now suffering from high blood pressure.
:yw:
Am I not correct in saying that several people on here wrote to the club about his overall performance against us and the club responded that they too were compiling a dossier?
Perhaps he will be being watched? Maybe even had a speaking to or is that me being overly naïve and hopeful?

CT ya barsteward!!! :grr:

We had a dossier, with video evidence and all sorts including our players being booked for diving when they were fouled and opposition players actually diving clearly and not being booked.

The dossier was delivered to the SFA and following this, and minutes before a meeting due to discuss it, he was nmaed as ref for the final.

Hibs made very clear what they expected to happen should he be appointed for that match.

For that to have come true and for him to be handed Hibs next competitive match is just a piss take.

hibbybrian
31-07-2012, 03:53 PM
We had a dossier, with video evidence and all sorts including our players being booked for diving when they were fouled and opposition players actually diving clearly and not being booked.

The dossier was delivered to the SFA and following this, and minutes before a meeting due to discuss it, he was nmaed as ref for the final.

Hibs made very clear what they expected to happen should he be appointed for that match.

For that to have come true and for him to be handed Hibs next competitive match is just a piss take.

Surely not with such distinguished personnel in charge :confused:

Campbell Ogilvie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campbell Ogilvie is the President of the Scottish Football Association and the former managing director of Scottish Premier League football club Heart of Midlothian.

In 1978, Ogilvie was hired as general secretary at the Rangers F.C. and later became a director of that club, but relinquished his executive duties at Ibrox Stadium in September 2005, following a boardroom re-shuffle.[1]

Ogilvie joined Heart of Midlothian in November 2005 to undertake similar duties under the title "Operations Director". Ogilvie was later promoted to managing director on 14 March 2008.

Mr Oglivie held 3505 shares in Rangers FC while a senior manager at Hearts. [1]

In June 2003, Ogilvie became the treasurer, now second vice-president, of the Scottish Football Association (SFA).[2] On 1 June 2007, Ogilvie became first vice-president of the SFA, with Alan McRae taking his place as second vice-president.[3] On 8 June 2011 it was confirmed that Ogilvie would take up the presidency of the Scottish Football Association following the retirement of George Peat.

In March of 2012 Mr Ogilvie admitted to being aware and a member of the Employee Benefit Trust scheme run at Rangers when he was server as a Director of Rangers as well as the treasurer of the Scottish Football Association.[4]

Paisley Hibby
31-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Great Stats Falcon. However, if I understand them correctly, once you also take red cards and the number of matches into account, it looks like the Yams have even more reason to think he's biased against them than we do. Just shows you, lies, damned lies and...:greengrin

For all the doubters;

Scottish Premier League 11/12 / Referee ReportReferee Report / Yellow CardsT = Total Yellow Cards H = Home Yellow Cards A = Away Yellow Cards F = First Half Yellow Cards S = Second Half Yellow Cards P = Penalties Y/M = Yellow Cards Per Match

Name
Matches
T
H
A
F
S
P
Y/M
RT
RH
RA
RF
RS
RP
RY/M

Total

S4uzee
31-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Absolutely, something has to be arranged!

gbur123ukgb
31-07-2012, 05:52 PM
o well that will be 0 points on sunday then that prick Thompson will make sure of that he is an imposter of the highest order.
If he is one of scotlands best refs then i am a multi milloniare who owns 15 islands

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi The Falcon,

Great stuff to see some stats. Do you have the source? Im not sure I understand the table. Im taking R to be red cards, but if so, in 4 Games at Tynecastle, the away side picked up no bookings, with hearts picking up 7 bookings. At the same time he would appear to have sent off no hearts players, but 10 away players? Im also not sure where the RY/M is derived. If its the total of Reds and Yellows per match, then at Easter Road, 17 yellows + 8 reds gives 25. divided by the 6 games it comes to just over 4/match.

Im also not sure how this proves he is ant Hibs. In 6 matches at easter road, Hibs pick up 6 bookings (H), and the opposition pick up 11 (A). If RH and RA are home red cards and away red cards, then that is 4 for Hibs and 4 for the away team.

RP particularly confuses me, as P is penalties, and for the 6 Hibs games this is 0. What then is RP (apart from the Tache), as we score 2 for that?

Im confused!! :dunno:

#FromTheCapital
31-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi The Falcon,

Great stuff to see some stats. Do you have the source? Im not sure I understand the table. Im taking R to be red cards, but if so, in 4 Games at Tynecastle, the away side picked up no bookings, with hearts picking up 7 bookings. At the same time he would appear to have sent off no hearts players, but 10 away players? Im also not sure where the RY/M is derived. If its the total of Reds and Yellows per match, then at Easter Road, 17 yellows + 8 reds gives 25. divided by the 6 games it comes to just over 4/match.

Im also not sure how this proves he is ant Hibs. In 6 matches at easter road, Hibs pick up 6 bookings (H), and the opposition pick up 11 (A). If RH and RA are home red cards and away red cards, then that is 4 for Hibs and 4 for the away team.

RP particularly confuses me, as P is penalties, and for the 6 Hibs games this is 0. What then is RP (apart from the Tache), as we score 2 for that?

The stats don't include red cards, only yellows.

The way I understand it is that anything with an 'R' before it represents the opposing team

Very interesting stats nonetheless, shows that we were treated a lot more severely than other teams by that prick of a ref. Would like to compare this against other refs who officiated our matches last season

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 07:10 PM
The stats don't include red cards, only yellows.

The way I understand it is that anything with an 'R' before it represents the opposing team

Very interesting stats nonetheless, shows that we were treated a lot more severely than other teams by that prick of a ref. Would like to compare this against other refs who officiated our matches last season

Thanks! That makes it much more clear. I agree we would need to see other refs as a comparison. It could be that Hibs are just a dirty (or inept) side. I doubt that would be the case, and his handling of the Cup Final still goes down for me as one of the worst/inconsistent referring displays in recent times.

Hmm. I reckon a thorough fact-collecting mission is in order for the coming season. :nerd:

HibbyAndy
31-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Anyone remember when Ivan was pushed in the box at Pittodrie and Aberdeen somehow got a penalty?

Anyone remember Shiels being blatantly tripped in the box Dunfy replay at Hampden and Thommo frantically waving away the claims?..

Anyone remember Black smashing Griffiths in the puss at Hampden early doors and getting a TALKING TOO!!!! ?.

HE IS A CHEATING HEARTS BARSTEWARD AND ILL VENT MY FURY TO THE PRICK COME SUNDAY!!!!!.

#FromTheCapital
31-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks! That makes it much more clear. I agree we would need to see other refs as a comparison. It could be that Hibs are just a dirty (or inept) side. I doubt that would be the case, and his handling of the Cup Final still goes down for me as one of the worst/inconsistent referring displays in recent times.

Hmm. I reckon a thorough fact-collecting mission is in order for the coming season. :nerd:

No probs!

Also worth noting that that table doesn't include the cup final so would show even more bias if it did. For example the penalty he gave in the final means that 3 out of 4 penalties he awarded last season were against us (assuming he didn't award any more in other cup ties)
Also of the 62 yellows he dished out last season, 17 were against us. I'm no mathematician but that's not far off 30% in a league of 12 teams. Again not including the final.

The Falcon
31-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi The Falcon,

As am I a bit.

The yellow total is that Hibs being refereed by Thomson in 6 games accumulated 17 bookings. 6 while playing at home and 11 away from home. 4 in the first half and 13 in the 2nd. We got no penalties from Thomson.

I am not so sure that the red cards are right in that I dont think we had 8 players sent off last season, let alone all 8 by Thomson.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 07:58 PM
What follows is some stats taken from the same site as the ones for our beloved C. T. All of it for 2011/12.
Not sure if it proves much, but thought it worth putting here. Placing indicates how many yellows we got compared to other teams. 1st means we got more yellows per match than any other SPL side with that ref in charge. Ive missed out a couple refs that didn't ref more than a handful of matches or where the data was inconclusive. The refs are listed in the order they appeared on the website and so in no particular order.

Referee Matches involving Hibs Hibs yellow cards/match Placing
S. McLean 3 3.33 2nd/12
W. Collum 2 1.5 6th/12
C. Murray 4 2.00 4th/12
S. O'Reilly 2 2.6 2nd/12
C. Thomson 6 2.83 1st/12
A. Muir 2 3.00 joint 1st/12
E. Norris 3 1.33 10th/12
I. Brines 2 1.00 9th/10
S. Frinnie 2 3.00 2nd/7
B. Winter 1 2.00 5th/11
B. Madden 3 1.33 5th/10
G. Salmond 1 1.00 7th/11

So we come 1st twice.
2nd three times.
4th once.
5th twice.
6th once.
7th once
9th once.
10th once.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 08:00 PM
As am I a bit.

The yellow total is that Hibs being refereed by Thomson in 6 games accumulated 17 bookings. 6 while playing at home and 11 away from home. 4 in the first half and 13 in the 2nd. We got no penalties from Thomson.

I am not so sure that the red cards are right in that I dont think we had 8 players sent off last season, let alone all 8 by Thomson.

Been to the website where it all comes from

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=369&statType=ref_report

Its not made clear on the site, but the R does appear to be bookings for the opposition and not to do with red cards..

The Falcon
31-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Been to the website where it all comes from

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=369&statType=ref_report

Its not made clear on the site, but the R does appear to be bookings for the opposition and not to do with red cards..

All referees stats here

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichter/verein_903.html

You can see through the seasons how unbiased Thomson has been.

The Falcon
31-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Incidentally Thomson refereed Hearts 6 times last season and Hearts won 5 and drew 1 (a cup game against St. jonstone which ended 1-1) booked 8 yams and 16 opponents. Sent off 3 of Hearts opponents and 0 Yams. Yams got a penatly and the opponents didnt. It was a big penalty shout as well and he got it miles wrong, in Hearts favour.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 08:37 PM
All referees stats here

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichter/verein_903.html

You can see through the seasons how unbiased Thomson has been.

Do you mean biased?

Having said that, Hibs have either been fouling a lot (which happens when you are playing poorly) or a lot of refs have a tendency to punish us - and C. Thomson isn't the worst by a margin..

In defending order I have listed referees by the ratio of bookings given vs hibs/bookings given vs opposition. This is using the stats from the above link provided by The Falcon, and only includes League match data.

A ration over 1.0 means Hibs were given more bookings, less than 1.0 less bookings. The stats are compiled from a number of seasons and only includes refs that have reefed at least 10 matches.

S Conroy.......... 1.83 .............. 18 matches
C Murray......... 1.77 .............. 11 matches
S O'Reilly......... 1.71 .............. 14 matches
M McCurry........ 1.69 .............. 14 matches
C Thomson....... 1.38 .............. 20 matches
I Brines........... 1.27 ............. 22 matches
W Collum........ 1.21 .............. 13 matches
C Richmond..... 1.13 .............. 23 matches
D McDonald...... 0.91 ............. 10 matches
E Norris........ 0.88 .............. 10 matches
S Dougal....... 0.81 ............... 10 matches
K Clark........ 0.77 ............... 10 matches
B Winter....... 0.68 ............... 12 matches

The overall average ratio, weighted according to the number of matches for each ref
is 1.27, so in fairness, C Thomsons record is not too bad, although people mention that
its only in the last couple of years he has turned...

These refs account for 187 matches between them and I haven't included the minor refs,
so must stretch over 5 seasons +. The disparity is quite remarkable, although sample size
is not massive.

Who is S Conroy?:grr:

goosefat
31-07-2012, 08:41 PM
We did come bottom (or top, depending on which way you look at it) of the discipline table last season with 86 yellows. Even if, for arguments sake, you say that 11 out of the 17 yellows CT gave us were 100% totally unjust we would have still had more yellows than anyone else. Those stats show that we really weren't helping ourselves in this department. I'm aware that these stats just cover yellows and that a number of people on this thread have tried to dissect every aspect of CT's performances when in charge of our games but, just leaving CT aside for a moment (or any other ref that may or may not have an agenda against us) and taking into account our current limited squad and very young bench, we're really going to struggle with suspensions this season if we don't address this issue.

Pat Fenlon has already gone on record saying we need to have a bit more of a "nasty side". As I've said before, I hope he can communicate to the players the difference between ‘controlled aggression’ and ‘mindless aggression’. If not then we are in for a long, long season and Craig Thomson will be the least of our worries.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 08:56 PM
[/QUOTE] Pat Fenlon has already gone on record saying we need to have a bit more of a "nasty side". As I've said before, I hope he can communicate to the players the difference between ‘controlled aggression’ and ‘mindless aggression’. If not then we are in for a long, long season and Craig Thomson will be the least of our worries.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Im sure Hibs have created a lot of their own problems. When you are being out run and out played you tend to dive in/lose the head. I also agree that the managers first job is getting the players to compete with the opposition without needing to tug jerseys and dive in.

Why some refs have managed to book us almost twice as much as the opposition (S Conroy 1.83), and others have booked us less than the opposition (B. Winter 0.68) is a bit more intriguing.

What about a rule that lets each club a number of vitos of refs before the season starts... If a ref is vetoed by too many teams they get binned. :devil:

The Falcon
31-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Do you mean biased?

I was being facetious. Should have put one of those facey things there.

Having said that, Hibs have either been fouling a lot (which happens when you are playing poorly) or a lot of refs have a tendency to punish us - and C. Thomson isn't the worst by a margin..

It does but Dunfermline and ICT had a lot less players booked than we did. It would be interesting to see the fouls/booking ratio.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I was being facetious. Should have put one of those facey things there.

Sorry wasn't sure if you were pointing out that he's had some far less biased seasons than the last.

It does but Dunfermline and ICT had a lot less players booked than we did. It would be interesting to see the fouls/booking ratio.

It would be great to compile a statistically robust video archive of matches with which to assess ref performances. Im a great believer that refs have a nasty hard job and get it wrong because of that, but consistent bias against certain teams should not be tolerated.

R'Albin
31-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Anyone remember when Ivan was pushed in the box at Pittodrie and Aberdeen somehow got a penalty?

Anyone remember Shiels being blatantly tripped in the box Dunfy replay at Hampden and Thommo frantically waving away the claims?..

Anyone remember Black smashing Griffiths in the puss at Hampden early doors and getting a TALKING TOO!!!! ?.

HE IS A CHEATING HEARTS BARSTEWARD AND ILL VENT MY FURY TO THE PRICK COME SUNDAY!!!!!.

The funny thing is I got a text from a sheep fan after their player got correctly sent off, which had absolutely no bearing on the game, saying "10 men beat 12"

I almost ****ing exploded with rage.

frazeHFC
31-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Pretty gutted i won't be at the first game. The one reason i am gutted more than any is that i can't give my added support in the abuse of that fool.

rcarter1
31-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Taken from follow follow, but

approx fouls/bookings stats from 2011/12 (midway through season).

Celtic 10 fouls per booking
Aberdeen 7.5 fouls per booking
Pars/Dund utd 7 fouls per booking
Moth/StJ/Hearts/Rangers/ICT 6.5 fouls per booking
Killie 6 fouls per booking
Hibs 5.3 fouls per booking.

Could be we need to learn how to foul more carefully!

Geo_1875
01-08-2012, 06:15 AM
We did come bottom (or top, depending on which way you look at it) of the discipline table last season with 86 yellows. Even if, for arguments sake, you say that 11 out of the 17 yellows CT gave us were 100% totally unjust we would have still had more yellows than anyone else. Those stats show that we really weren't helping ourselves in this department. I'm aware that these stats just cover yellows and that a number of people on this thread have tried to dissect every aspect of CT's performances when in charge of our games but, just leaving CT aside for a moment (or any other ref that may or may not have an agenda against us) and taking into account our current limited squad and very young bench, we're really going to struggle with suspensions this season if we don't address this issue.

Pat Fenlon has already gone on record saying we need to have a bit more of a "nasty side". As I've said before, I hope he can communicate to the players the difference between ‘controlled aggression’ and ‘mindless aggression’. If not then we are in for a long, long season and Craig Thomson will be the least of our worries.

You've conveniently discounted the numerous yellow cards Hibs players started accumulating for simulation after the Garry O'Connor affair. In my opinion many of these were undeserved.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-08-2012, 06:18 AM
oh well, forget getting anything out of this game.

goosefat
01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
You've conveniently discounted the numerous yellow cards Hibs players started accumulating for simulation after the Garry O'Connor affair. In my opinion many of these were undeserved.

The simulation debate is another matter and, as you admit, based on "opinion" as to whether a certain number of cards were given undeservedly to Hibs players following a Garry O'Connor 'dive' in an earlier game. It also relies on the further assumption that referees were working on private agendas against all other Hibs players becuase of that 'dive'. That's lot of assumptions and opinions.

Our disciplinary record is horrible. I was simply laying out those stats as they finished at the end of the season. But what is it they say? - you can prove anything with facts...

:whistle:

Argylehibby
01-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Incidentally Thomson refereed Hearts 6 times last season and Hearts won 5 and drew 1 (a cup game against St. jonstone which ended 1-1) booked 8 yams and 16 opponents. Sent off 3 of Hearts opponents and 0 Yams. Yams got a penatly and the opponents didnt. It was a big penalty shout as well and he got it miles wrong, in Hearts favour.

In that drawn cup tie I have a feeling that St. Johnstone had a man sent off as well.

Largshibby
01-08-2012, 02:07 PM

I think this is just the start. Hibs have been one of the more vocal clubs against all things Sevco since it all kicked off. The scottish football regulators would have done anything to preserve Sevco's status in the top division despite them being caught cheating on an unprecedented scale and I don't think they will have taken kindly to clubs insisting that they actually enforce their own rules. I see appointing Thomson for the first game as part of their retaliation because they know he was responsible for us getting hammered rather than "just" beaten in the CF. In due course they will restructure the leagues to get Sevco back to the top division as soon as possible. Forget about 3 consecutive promotions through the divisions, I would be surprised if they need more than one. You can also expect Hibs to be drawn against them in a cup competition pronto and almost certainly at Hunbrox so that their thuggish support (including Charles Green) can dish it out to a club that has the temerity to operate within the rules and pay its bills.

Kato
01-08-2012, 02:23 PM

I see the angle on that idea but I doubt we will know either way until the game itself. All I want is a fair ref, one on "our side" would be pretty novel but I'm not sure I'd want hooky decisions coming in our favour from a weasel trying to even things up so he can say, "look, I'm not biased after all".

I don't believe that for a second.

Nothing made public and no contrition from anywhere, nothing from the SFA's Compliance Officer re Skacel gestures to Hibs fans, no pulling up Black for what should have been a red card, nothing done about Pinhead's simulation. In fact nothing done subsequent to the game other than, deservedly, punishing our manager.

If he was pulled in front of the Referee Supervisors I'd imagine it would be to pat him on the back, look over his "decisions" during the game with some tea, scones and giggling and to congratulate him on making sure the Union Jack was flown victorious on Cup Final day seeing as their (undoubted) favourites were already papped out by Dundee Utd.

The Falcon
01-08-2012, 02:45 PM
In that drawn cup tie I have a feeling that St. Johnstone had a man sent off as well.

:agree: Dave MacKay

Kaiser1962
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I have looked at Falcon's stats and find it intriquing that your highest chance of getting booked by Thomson (2.83) is playing for Hibs, with the second highest (2.50) is if you are playing AGAINST Hearts. Fascinating.

Bill Milne
02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Interesting that Willie Collum is the 4th official. Is he tere to keep Thomson in line?

Kato
02-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Interesting that Willie Collum is the 4th official. Is he tere to keep Thomson in line?

How would that work? It's not as though CT is a rabid monster out of control.

He does his cheating cold and calculated.

He's probably there, along with the Refs Supervisor to have a right old laugh at us.

The Green Goblin
02-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Agree with the previous poster who said a red card is a stick on, one week before the derby. My money is on the keeper...

Cabbage East
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
To recap.

Craig Thomson has a history of giving dodgy decisions against us.
Prior to the cup final, the club communicate their concerns to the SFA about him. The SFA then appoint him as the ref for the cup final.
The club again communicate their feeling regarding Thomson.
The SFA's response is to appoint him for our next game, the week before the derby?

Prett cut and dried as far as I'm concerned.

wearethehibs
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Looks like its not just us that hate him..... Just found this video. Posting from my phone so not sure if the link will work but its the 1st video if you type in "craig thomson referee". He is such a smug wee prick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvewlR39Mc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

bighairyfaeleith
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I sincerely hope this man falls is incapable of reproducing as no one deserves such a rodent as a father

Bill Milne
03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
How would that work? It's not as though CT is a rabid monster out of control.

He does his cheating cold and calculated.

He's probably there, along with the Refs Supervisor to have a right old laugh at us.

As a Grade 1 ref, Collum would be submitting his own report. This would, probably, highlight any nonsense from Thomson, which could be picked up by the referee supervisors. If it is true that he was pulled up over the cup final pish as claimed in other posts, this may be the intention.

Kato
03-08-2012, 08:17 AM
As a Grade 1 ref, Collum would be submitting his own report. This would, probably, highlight any nonsense from Thomson, which could be picked up by the referee supervisors. If it is true that he was pulled up over the cup final pish as claimed in other posts, this may be the intention.

OK I see the logic in that but only if I filter your explanation through the knowledge and experience I have of seeing cheating and corrupt Scottish referees over a number of years. The idea that he needs such a close watch put on him would speak volumes as to the guys integrity and shows what a petty little farce the game is in Scotland.

As I said earlier - I don't think the Refs Supervisors care enough about Hibs complaints or what occured in the final to have carpeted him. If they had why no retrospective punishments for Black, Pinhead etc?

It could be that Collum is there to watch the Hibs bench and their reactions more than look at how Thomson performs.

Saying that I don't think we will see anything controversial from him Sunday. He's obviously canny enough not to gild the lily.

Bill Milne
03-08-2012, 08:33 AM
OK I see the logic in that but only if I filter your explanation through the knowledge and experience I have of seeing cheating and corrupt Scottish referees over a number of years. The idea that he needs such a close watch put on him would speak volumes as to the guys integrity and shows what a petty little farce the game is in Scotland.

As I said earlier - I don't think the Refs Supervisors care enough about Hibs complaints or what occured in the final to have carpeted him. If they had why no retrospective punishments for Black, Pinhead etc?

It could be that Collum is there to watch the Hibs bench and their reactions more than look at how Thomson performs.

Saying that I don't think we will see anything controversial from him Sunday. He's obviously canny enough not to gild the lily.

You may be right. He may have to ca' canny to get more derby games. I have severe doubts over his integrity, however!!

Chuck Rhoades
03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Hope Thomson has the hardest 90minutes of his life on Sunday.

Kato
03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I have severe doubts over his integrity, however!!

Really?

We saw over the summer what integrity means to the SFA.

We saw in the Cup Final what integrity means to those who select Referees.

I have no doubts at all over his integrity, like his employers he has none.:wink:

paul_hfc3
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Looks like its not just us that hate him..... Just found this video. Posting from my phone so not sure if the link will work but its the 1st video if you type in "craig thomson referee". He is such a smug wee prick

What a find mate. :top marks

James70
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
In the weeks leading up to the cup final several posters reckoned that Thomson would have to behave himself in such a high profile game on live tv. They did not believe he could get away with his usual biased performance in a game which would be watched by millions.

His actions on that occasion lead me to believe that nothing will alter his future blatant decisions against us and the more that we as a club complain the less likely the SFA are to do anything about it.

If action taken by our club officials is going to be responded to in such a manner the only answer is for the supporters to highlight the situation in a peaceful manner, possibly by taking banners to our games that he is officiating proclaiming our feelings about him. That is only one suggestion but desparate situations call for desparate measures.

Geo_1875
03-08-2012, 01:44 PM
In the weeks leading up to the cup final several posters reckoned that Thomson would have to behave himself in such a high profile game on live tv. They did not believe he could get away with his usual biased performance in a game which would be watched by millions.

His actions on that occasion lead me to believe that nothing will alter his future blatant decisions against us and the more that we as a club complain the less likely the SFA are to do anything about it.

If action taken by our club officials is going to be responded to in such a manner the only answer is for the supporters to highlight the situation in a peaceful manner, possibly by taking banners to our games that he is officiating proclaiming our feelings about him. That is only one suggestion but desparate situations call for desparate measures.

I think 90 minutes of abuse hurled at him on live TV might just get our message across.

LeighLoyal
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Craig Thomson. We know he's a Yam. :agree:

Chuck Rhoades
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I think 90 minutes of abuse hurled at him on live TV might just get our message across.

Along with a freshly sprayed banner:aok:

HibbyAndy
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Craig Thomson. We know he's a Yam. :agree:

Who's the Jambo in the black.

matty_f
03-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I hope he's wearing the red red's outfit and someone takes a bull in with them. An angry bull. With a big f****** gun.

hibees 7062
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Agree with the previous poster who said a red card is a stick on, one week before the derby. My money is on the keeper...

Leigh Griffiths

carnoustiehibee
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM

that really is shocking eh!

whats worse is that he still went to the EURO's and is a top rated ref. makes me angry watching it and im not even bosnian.

the wee smug smile aswell when he pulls out a card. aaaaaaaaah!!:fuming:

Cabbage East
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I liked the idea of the banner -
You know you did
We knew you would

truehibernian
03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Leigh Griffiths

Not just Leigh but every player will have to be on best behaviour. If I was a betting man, which I ain't anymore, I would watch for any decisions against big James McPake - James was quite vocal after the final about CT - I'm sure this wouldn't have escaped CT's attention.

I'm usually not that cynical about ref appointments at games, given there is a lack of real quality refs in Scotland at present - for me it's a toss up between Euan Norris (who has actually played the game to a decent level) and Callum Murray (himself a Hearts fan but very fair and consistent) as to who is best - however this appointment does indeed disgust me.

His (Thomson's) performances in games that Hibs played all had controversial moments raised both at the game and in game reports. Add to that I have watched him in games not involving Hibs and he is nearly always intent on making himself the centre of attention - you can tell a lot about a human being who does that in my opinion.

I am hopeful that the SFA really promote and push Norris though - seems a very brave ref and not afraid to make tough calls. Stephen Finnie is not that far behind too.

I'm afraid Craig Thomson is an ego, not a referee.

hibees 7062
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Not just Leigh but every player will have to be on best behaviour. If I was a betting man, which I ain't anymore, I would watch for any decisions against big James McPake - James was quite vocal after the final about CT - I'm sure this wouldn't have escaped CT's attention.

I'm usually not that cynical about ref appointments at games, given there is a lack of real quality refs in Scotland at present - for me it's a toss up between Euan Norris (who has actually played the game to a decent level) and Callum Murray (himself a Hearts fan but very fair and consistent) as to who is best - however this appointment does indeed disgust me.

His (Thomson's) performances in games that Hibs played all had controversial moments raised both at the game and in game reports. Add to that I have watched him in games not involving Hibs and he is nearly always intent on making himself the centre of attention - you can tell a lot about a human being who does that in my opinion.

I am hopeful that the SFA really promote and push Norris though - seems a very brave ref and not afraid to make tough calls. Stephen Finnie is not that far behind too.

I'm afraid Craig Thomson is an ego, not a referee.

:agree::agree:

Cabbage East
05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
He'll be putting his maroon socks on now.

Craig_in_Prague
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Was starting to slightly look forward to the game... then realised this cheating fud is in charge.

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Just help unfurl the banner and make sure this ******** has 90minutes of torture!

lucky
05-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to giving him it tight

whiskyhibby
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
He is certainly getting plenty of abuse and has skulked off towards the United fans end

Dr Jimmy
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Just help unfurl the banner and make sure this ******** has 90minutes of torture!

What does the banner say?

H18sry
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Thomson has had a decent 1st half and has denied United 2 penalty claims

LeighLoyal
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
GTF Thomson, cheat.

HibsMax
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
GTF Thomson, cheat.

???? Care to explain? I thought he had a pretty OK game. I didn't see ALL of it though because of some streaming issues.

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
What does the banner say?

Craig Thomson = A Biased Cheat

Was hidden but after a full body search got found and is apperently a fire hazard, shame to as it was 30m in length and the prick wouldnt have missed it.

Stewards were minging today.

R'Albin
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
That was never a FK for the second IMO.

lucky
05-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Craig Thomson = A Biased Cheat

Was hidden but after a full body search got found and is apperently a fire hazard, shame to as it was 30m in length and the prick wouldnt have missed it.

Stewards were minging today.

Stewards were fine in the upper tier. Seem to be a wee bit bother in the lower tier with black steward looking for bother.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Stewards were fine in the upper tier. Seem to be a wee bit bother in the lower tier with black steward looking for bother.

The most thorough search I have ever had going into a ground. In front of me were a father and son. The son was about six years old and got a pat down and his jacket searched. Pathetic!

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
During the first half I saw two of the stewards pointing people out in the crowd, one of them went rushing up the stairs, had to barge past half a row of people in their seats and inconvenience them in order to apprehend the villains. Their crime - standing up when all there is behind them is a brick wall. Pathetic.

Thought CT was ****ing awful again today, should have been 2-3 bookings for United (diving and fouls) if that was worth a booking for Sparky. Also some perfectly clean challenges punished for us. Clancy and McPake looked pissed off at that cheating ******* a few times today with good reason.

JimBHibees
05-08-2012, 04:40 PM
During the first half I saw two of the stewards pointing people out in the crowd, one of them went rushing up the stairs, had to barge past half a row of people in their seats and inconvenience them in order to apprehend the villains. Their crime - standing up when all there is behind them is a brick wall. Pathetic.

Thought CT was ****ing awful again today, should have been 2-3 bookings for United (diving and fouls) if that was worth a booking for Sparky. Also some perfectly clean challenges punished for us. Clancy and McPake looked pissed off at that cheating ******* a few times today with good reason.

Should Hibs not have had a pen when Handling appeared to be brought down in the box?

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Should Hibs not have had a pen when Handling appeared to be brought down in the box?

Yep. Would have been a little soft but would have been given against us.

You can't spell **** without 'C' and 'T'. Oh, and in case Ian Black is reading this, 'U' as well.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Stone wall yellow card for Griffiths. Yet another needless booking for him.

Northernhibee
05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Stone wall yellow card for Griffiths. Yet another needless booking for him.

There was a challenge near the end of the game by a United player (cannae mind which one) that was every bit as bad. Either both are worth a booking or neither is.

Frazerbob
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
There was a challenge near the end of the game by a United player (cannae mind which one) that was every bit as bad. Either both are worth a booking or neither is.

I honestly can't remember any challanges by Utd that had me jumping out my seat shouting for a yellow. That's not to say there weren't any, I just can't remember them. Thought they were big, strong and hard all over the park. Something we could learn from.

marinello59
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM

I thought Thomson was doing his best not to book any player today. Sparky's challenge was so unbelievably stupid and needless he left him no choice.

Eyrie
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Couldn't see what cover there was on the TV, but my initial reaction was that Griffiths took one for the team to stop their breakaway.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2012, 05:15 PM
A cracker when Clancy won ball in a fair challenge, but got a word from CT, for being over zealous.....I though it was a mans game, but if we are going to pull up players for winning ball robustly then the game is dead......