PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Dundee Utd v Hibs Now 1pm KO

FranckSuzy
30-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Here (http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11526)

PatHead
30-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Heard a rumour of Celtic/Aberdeen game on Sky, Dundee Utd/Hibs game on ESPN. Is that the case?

IFONLY
30-07-2012, 11:08 AM
According to S.P.L website kick off on Sunday is 1-00pm!!!!!!!

mglancy23
30-07-2012, 11:20 AM
:grr::brickwall :grr:

That means less :cheers:

.Sean.
30-07-2012, 11:24 AM
**** sake. TV I take it? I'm sick of these awful kick-off times.

Bollocks to the tele deal.

marinello59
30-07-2012, 11:31 AM
If it ain't on a Saturday I actually prefer the earlier kick off times. It means I can get home at a decent time on a Sunday night. Selfish I know.:greengrin

Billy Whizz
30-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Out of order at this late stage. I have to work part of the time on Sunday's and I have already done my rota for this week to get in time for a 3pm ko!!!!!

MB62
30-07-2012, 11:47 AM
official site still saying 3.00pm

Dundee United official site now confirming time has been changed to 1.00pm

Keith_M
30-07-2012, 11:49 AM
How are people supposed to arrange to go to games if the day/time of that game can be changed only 6 days before the match?

Also, one of the changes I'd make to the arrangements of the TV deal would be that every home club gets an amount per game to make up for the loss of paying customers. Being on TV defo affects the attendance.

I'd like to see it where the clubs could charge less for PATG and be compensated for the difference by TV money. I'm itthat would encourage more people to actually go to the game if it's on TV but cost £15 instead of £25, as at Tannadice this weekend.

Tollhouse Hibee
30-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I think its absolutely bang out of order swapping games for TV less than a week to go to the game.

I hope they do not switch the hearts game, as some of us have already booked trains etc for the game.

Clubs or TV should be made to refund supporters travel arrangements for such last minute changes.

I for one will not be attending the derby if they decide to change it for TV.

Supporters will not come back to the game, with attitudes like this from the SPL, where TV rules!!!!!

LioNeilMessi
30-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Also, one of the changes I'd make to the arrangements of the TV deal would be that every home club gets an amount per game to make up for the loss of paying customers. Being on TV defo affects the attendance.

Agree, we got shafted last season finishing 11th and having a fair number of home games broadcast live.

scoopyboy
30-07-2012, 12:11 PM
F****** brilliant.

Bus sorted, now having to be changed.

Far too short notice.

Derby next to change I would imagine.

YehButNoBut
30-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Sure I read somewhere that the Hearts game may be moved to 12:30 for TV, it's scandalous that they have not yet announced details for the upcoming games on TV. :furious:

Ritchie
30-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Craig Thomson is ref too! :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
30-07-2012, 12:29 PM
And so it begins, the great **** the fans aboot schedule.

hibs0666
30-07-2012, 12:29 PM
No sign of game yet on ESPN/Sky Sports schedules. Farce.

S4uzee
30-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Yer havin a laugh?

Phil MaGlass
30-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Its pretty shocking, let fans think the KO is at 3pm, shift more tickets than a televised 12.30 advertised KO, then let the fans know a few days in advance the game has been changed, **** them, and they wonder why fans have stopped buying ST,s????????
Fans are being taken for mugs, nothing changes.
Ah tell yi we have Sellout saturday just around the corner, how long until we have a national BOYCOTT SATURDAY.

DC_Hibs
30-07-2012, 12:34 PM
It is a joke the length of time it has taken for TV dates to be given but anyone booking flights or trains for the derby is taking a risk as its been more than likely it would be moved. There's plenty of people who have held off for that very reason.

The Herald article within last week confirmed it would be screened if TV deal agreed and Peterhead/Newco is being shown then it might be the Sunday for the derby.

Ritchie
30-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Yer havin a laugh?

afraid not!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPL/SPL/Round%201%20(4-5%20AUG).pdf

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm convinced those who run the game won't be satisfied until everyone watches football on tv and games are played in empty stadiums.

Nice new SPL advertising caption:

Travelling from Edinburgh or elsewhere to Dundee on a Sunday? need to make plans? booked early for cheap fares? well here's a change to kick off time 6 days before the game to contend with, hope you don't bother!

S4uzee
30-07-2012, 12:42 PM
afraid not!

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPL/SPL/Round%201%20(4-5%20AUG).pdf

That is unbelievable! We need to have something in place for this fanny

HibbyKeith
30-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Looking on the bright side atleast his chances of trying to ref the derby will have reduced. (hopefully).

MB62
30-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Absolute stupidity and insensitive to the highest degree from these Morons at the SFA

IanM
30-07-2012, 01:09 PM
is this game even on TV? I know its sunday as DU play Eurpoe on thursday - odd choice to move the time without being on tv but nothing on ESPN/SKY/BBC (haha)

YehButNoBut
30-07-2012, 01:12 PM
is this game even on TV? I know its sunday as DU play Eurpoe on thursday - odd choice to move the time without being on tv but nothing on ESPN/SKY/BBC (haha)

Had in the Herald on Friday that if the TV deal was agreed that Utd v Hibs was likely to be the first game of 35 live games for ESPN.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/tv-contract-awaits-sfa-membership-approval.18258382

easty
30-07-2012, 01:13 PM

That is ****in' ridiculous! :confused:

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2012, 01:19 PM

PMSL

Laugh or cry.......one or the other........

EdinMike
30-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Well seeing as I work Sat nights, and it was already going to be a struggle to go...

It's a definite no-no now... Sad really.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 01:23 PM

I was going to sit in the upper tier, not now, lower tier of Tannadice so he can hear every bit of abuse I am shouting at him. The SFA are ****ing nuggets.

Ritchie
30-07-2012, 01:23 PM
PMSL

Laugh or cry.......one or the other........

I know what he'll be doing..... :rolleyes:

MB62
30-07-2012, 01:50 PM

We were all thinking of going up for this, just to show support for the Hibees, but I can't bring myself to contemplate this now, early kick off and HIM being the ref has put paid to that.
I'm 53, have a heart condition and trying not be as radge as I was in my younger days, but I couldn't trust myself not to over react to this person, meaning I could end up in trouble with the law and all the consequences that go with that.
I don't blame Thomson 100% for our totally inept performance that day, but I do blame him for giving us absolutely NO CHANCE with some of the blantantly biased decisions he made.
I also blame the SFA for putting him in charge of such a hugely historic fixture. Appointing him is like asking Pat Stanton or Jimmy O'Rourke to ref the game, we would have won regardless of how poorly we played.

Broken Gnome
30-07-2012, 02:04 PM
We were all thinking of going up for this, just to show support for the Hibees, but I can't bring myself to contemplate this now, early kick off and HIM being the ref has put paid to that.
I'm 53, have a heart condition and trying not be as radge as I was in my younger days, but I couldn't trust myself not to over react to this person, meaning I could end up in trouble with the law and all the consequences that go with that.
I don't blame Thomson 100% for our totally inept performance that day, but I do blame him for giving us absolutely NO CHANCE with some of the blantantly biased decisions he made.
I also blame the SFA for putting him in charge of such a hugely historic fixture. Appointing him is like asking Pat Stanton or Jimmy O'Rourke to ref the game, we would have won regardless of how poorly we played.

Aside from the obvious nonsense that his appointment is, surely it shouldn't even be allowed? He's reffed Hibs last two competitive games in that case, and sent the manager to the stand during the previous? I'd have thought him being there, given what happened at Hampden, would possibly influence the game more than it should.

Can't actually believe that. Like a bad joke.

IWasThere2016
30-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Effing nonsense!!! :grr:

MB62
30-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Aside from the obvious nonsense that his appointment is, surely it shouldn't even be allowed? He's reffed Hibs last two competitive games in that case, and sent the manager to the stand during the previous? I'd have thought him being there, given what happened at Hampden, would possibly influence the game more than it should.

Can't actually believe that. Like a bad joke.

To take away even the remotest possibility of one of us losing the plot at him, I think it would be sensible if he called of sick or something, for everybody's sake.
I genuinely fear the worst for him if he makes another dodgy decision that costs us a goal or sends somebody off. This may not be the politcally correct thing to say and referees should be beyond such things, but what happened in May will NEVER be forgotten by those of us in green. Even if he did make the decisions he made, in all honesty as far as he was concerned, they were wrong and contributed hugely to the result of THE most important cup final in over 100 years of Scottish football and simply should no be given another Hibs game to ref again.

Moulin Yarns
30-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I propose we all call PENALTY every time a Utd player goes down outside the penalty box

James70
30-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Looks like a good bet for a home win then!

Who will he send off this time?

Craig Thomson is a :clown:

Hermit Crab
30-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Referees are supposed to be fair. He quite frankly isn't and neither is his fourth official for Sunday willie collum.

.Sean.
30-07-2012, 03:01 PM
F****** brilliant.

Bus sorted, now having to be changed.

Far too short notice.

Derby next to change I would imagine.

Just wonderful mate, eh? Hopefully it doesn't dent the bus numbers too much, but I know my old man for a start won't be making this kick-off.

Absolute joke decision, but it's to be expected when the lunatics take charge of the asylum. **** the SPL and **** the tele deal, it's ***** anyway.

Stantons Angel
30-07-2012, 03:07 PM
here we go again! not even a ball kicked and we are being dictated too by the tv already!

Id always thought it would be a 12.30pm KO but now its 1.00pm then we get that idiot of a man Thomson as referee too.

Is someone trying to wynd us up already?

The issues over the summer months have shown the silly men who run or ruin the SFA as being spineless and here again against all team's fans wishes the Sunday game time row erupts again.

I realise there is going to be less money available for the clubs this season but to start mucking us around even before the season starts is really PATHETIC!. This has always been a tight fixture for Hibs at Tannadice and they will be wanting to put on a better show than that last competative game we attended.

Whatever chances we had of getting a result up there have taken a dramatic dip with the announcement of the referee allocated to the game. lets hope the SFA Referee's Supervisor Dept are watching this man on Sunday!!!

sbell1875
30-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Excellent news...NAAT.

Me and the girlfriend have booked a hotel for the Saturday on the premise I go to the game and she goes shopping. Not too sure what she is gonna say when I tell her the kick off time has been changed!

3pm
30-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Nowt advertised for SKY or ESPN....why has it been moved?!

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 05:14 PM
1st sunday of the month is the Monthly medal at our (and im sure quite a few golf clubs) this was ok for a 3pm kick off but now with the move i am struggling. This really gets up my nose as 1st game of the season is one away trip i try to attend( if its away ) of course :-)

cocopops1875
30-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Excellent news...NAAT.

Me and the girlfriend have booked a hotel for the Saturday on the premise I go to the game and she goes shopping. Not too sure what she is gonna say when I tell her the kick off time has been changed!

Why does 2 hours effect this ?

sbell1875
30-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Why does 2 hours effect this ?

Less time for her to shop obviously!

marinello59
30-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Less time for her to shop obviously!

Not really, you just get to keep her company for the last two hours. :greengrin

HH81
30-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Worst possible time for me. Nightmare. Decisions decisions.

Bristolhibby
30-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Had in the Herald on Friday that if the TV deal was agreed that Utd v Hibs was likely to be the first game of 35 live games for ESPN.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/tv-contract-awaits-sfa-membership-approval.18258382

Not on the ESPN scheduler yet. Going on holiday, so I want to Sky+ it.

J

franks
30-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Just back from holiday to find an e-mail from our bus convener to say we won't now be running a bus to Tannadice due to change of KO time. Checked the official site for conformation but it is advertised as 3pm still. Came on here to see the bad news so at least 1 less Hibs bus making the trip.

Mind you after hearing who is to ref the game I'm much less upset I won't be there.

Welcome to the new season.:grr:

Jonnyboy
30-07-2012, 10:15 PM

:greengrin