PDA

View Full Version : Hero to zero

TrinityHibs
30-07-2012, 10:44 AM
One of the great pictures I have is my younger son celebrating a 1-0 victory over Hearts. The year was 2003. Hibs had 10 men. Garry O'Connor scored. My son was 10.

Fast forward it to last Friday. My son has 2 summer jobs. He started work at 9 in the morning and finished his second shift at midnight. Making his way home he hailed a taxi and got in. Imagine his surprise when the door of the taxi opened and his childhood hero stuck his head in. Clearly pished he told him to "Get oot o the F***in taxi its mine" It wasnt what he was expecting to hear. GOC's 3 pals were in 2 minds as to what they wanted to do as our much appreciated ex striker told them to get in the taxi as he wanted to "get f***ed" which was countered by "naw Garry we can get F***ed in ............" a nearby pub. I get the feeling that Garry wasn't encouraging his mates to go to Scorpio Leisure.

Anyway Garry got his taxi, his pals went to experience Edinburgh night life with him and my son got another taxi.

I look back on Hearts game in 2003 as one of the best I have experienced at Easter Road with a young guy at the top of his game. I look on Garry O'Connor as a waste of talent who needs a good skelp/or help depending on how liberal you are. I would have fancied my sons chances if it was just the fat erse. Four on one is not good odds.

Hero to sub zero. Is it the person or the substance thats the problem?

Anyway he can F*** right off to Russia where I'm sure he'll find a stone to crawl under. Sad days indeed

MrSmith
30-07-2012, 10:47 AM
The most disappointing thing about heroes, is when you realise they are just humans and no better than anybody else. :rolleyes:

easty
30-07-2012, 10:49 AM
One of the great pictures I have is my younger son celebrating a 1-0 victory over Hearts. The year was 2003. Hibs had 10 men. Garry O'Connor scored. My son was 10.

Fast forward it to last Friday. My son has 2 summer jobs. He started work at 9 in the morning and finished his second shift at midnight. Making his way home he hailed a taxi and got in. Imagine his surprise when the door of the taxi opened and his childhood hero stuck his head in. Clearly pished he told him to "Get oot o the F***in taxi its mine" It wasnt what he was expecting to hear. GOC's 3 pals were in 2 minds as to what they wanted to do as our much appreciated ex striker told them to get in the taxi as he wanted to "get f***ed" which was countered by "naw Garry we can get F***ed in ............" a nearby pub. I get the feeling that Garry wasn't encouraging his mates to go to Scorpio Leisure.

Anyway Garry got his taxi, his pals went to experience Edinburgh night life with him and my son got another taxi.

I look back on Hearts game in 2003 as one of the best I have experienced at Easter Road with a young guy at the top of his game. I look on Garry O'Connor as a waste of talent who needs a good skelp/or help depending on how liberal you are. I would have fancied my sons chances if it was just the fat erse. Four on one is not good odds.

Anyway he can F*** right off to Russia where I'm sure he'll find a stone to crawl under. Sad days indeed

Bit of a shame for your laddie, they say you should never meet your heroes as it'll never live up to expectation.

That said, I met Postman Pat at Waverley Station when I was a bairn, great memories of that, Pat was as friendly as I expected.

Steve-O
30-07-2012, 10:51 AM

A jakey with a bit of money, end of story.

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Have a similar story. Was in the toilets at Berlin and heard an excited voice from a young lad say "Are you Derek Riordan??"

"Aye - what the fck are you going to do about it?" was the response.

Pathetic.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I saw Garry in Candy Bar last week and he was looking pretty slim and in.good shape. He was knocking back the bevvy though.

Shame to read a story like this. Think Garry needs professional help.

30-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Sad to hear that. Garry O'Conner was also my hero growing up but have defiantly seen a different side of him in recent times.

He has far too big an ego and thinks because he is a football player, it gives him the right to do what he likes and generally just thinks of himself as a big shot! He has no respect, as we saw in his post cup final antics and not a single brain cell in that thick head of his!

Could have had such a fantastic career for club and country. At top of his game, he is certainly one of the best strikers in the country, but stupidity and his inability to grow up has wasted it all. If he had cut out the drugs and partying and focused more on staying fit and raising his game then he would have been very successful I reckon.

Sad indeed.

VickMackie
30-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Should have told him to **** off but I can understand if he was own with 4 of them around.

To the point about them being normal people not all people are ***** who try and bully others out of taxis.

30-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Have a similar story. Was in the toilets at Berlin and heard an excited voice from a young lad say "Are you Derek Riordan??"

Pathetic.

Oh dear :bitchy:

VickMackie
30-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Pathetic.

A good few years ago when Deek was at Hibs he had an altercation with a certain jailed 'gangster' that didn't end well after Deeks was taking the piss because he never made it at Hibs when they were in the Hibs youths.

Anyone can be a dick, especially when pissed.

proud_and_green
30-07-2012, 11:08 AM
The most disappointing thing about heroes, is when you realise they are just humans and no better than anybody else. :rolleyes:

That is not a question of being better or even the same as everyone else. That is the behaviour of ****!

Daz1875
30-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I was in said Candy Bar friday night and he was walking about with sunglasses on looking like a right billy big shoes in the dark wtf!!

Altho we were there because of my step sons 21st he came. and posed for photos
Fast forward to later in the night and my stepson was walking home and he was barged into by Garry's pal and Garry was wanting to go boxing with the same person he wished happy birthday to a couple of hours earlier and had no recollection as he was out his face if it wasnt for the fact that the police were there it would have been a 2 on 1 situation

I saw Garry in Candy Bar last week and he was looking pretty slim and in.good shape. He was knocking back the bevvy though.

Shame to read a story like this. Think Garry needs professional help.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 11:09 AM
it's sad reading these things about players who played for us and who a lot hold in high regard. I loved John Collins and Mickey Weir growing up. I'd be raging if any of them had acted like that to me. It's a different culture I think these days were footballers can sometimes think they are untouchable and can do what they like. Not all though, as I know a few who really are genuine nice guys who don't go out and get wasted. Always seems to be the ones with the most talent end up the ones who don't really fill their true potential.

Cabbage East
30-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Saw him on Friday afternoon in Candy too, shades on, seemed ok but that was early. He is looking in shape at least. Stack was there with him and a few others.

givescotlandfreedom
Pond life who happens to be a decent footballer.

zlatan
Barry Lavety tried to eat me :(

VickMackie
30-07-2012, 11:15 AM

:faf:

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2012, 11:16 AM

Graeme Love stole my pen.

Killiehibbie
30-07-2012, 11:20 AM

A sad way of finding for sure that someone who he thought was great is in fact a total prick. No need to get into a fight with him just challenge him to a 300m race and once he beat the 'superstar' at that go double or quits on a wee spelling game for the right to take the taxi.

ShanksSaidNo
30-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Apko Sodje stole my willy.

easty
30-07-2012, 11:25 AM

Dave Beaumont farted in my presence.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2012, 11:30 AM
David Fellinger touched me.

.Sean.
30-07-2012, 11:31 AM
********. Hibs are well rid.

silverhibee
30-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Pathetic.

When did this happen.

lyonhibs
30-07-2012, 11:41 AM
When did this happen.

Given the info in the post, one suspects during the Union Berlin friendly game no?

:confused:

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-07-2012, 11:45 AM
When did this happen.

About 7 or 8 years ago.

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Given the info in the post, one suspects during the Union Berlin friendly game no?

Berlin bar in Edinburgh, it was.

.Sean.
30-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Berlin nightclub.

lyonhibs
30-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Berlin nightclub.

Ahhhhhh, can you tell I literally never go out clubbing in Edinburgh?? :greengrin

Barman Stanton
30-07-2012, 11:57 AM

I think he must have meant the Berlin nightclub. I used to run a night in there and Deeks was in most nights.

What I found was that his character was different depending on who he was hanging around with. Some of his mates were right Fanny's, swanning around growling at people.

Leishy1995
30-07-2012, 12:01 PM
What a fat fake tanned ****.

Treadstone
30-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Never been the starstruck kind , tend to let players have their lives , I know i wouldn't like getting bothered when I am trying to wind down especially eating a meal somewhere .
However one time i was in the toilets at Madogs and Mixu was standing beside me , shook his hand and told him he gave me one of the best days of my life . The big man was great it was night before a derby cant remember which one and he said "Get right in to these f****** tomorrow!" I hasten to add he wasn't a player at this time and was the manager of Cowdenbeath .

Craig_in_Prague
30-07-2012, 12:29 PM
it's sad reading these things about players who played for us and who a lot hold in high regard. I loved John Collins and Mickey Weir growing up. I'd be raging if any of them had acted like that to me. It's a different culture I think these days were footballers can sometimes think they are untouchable and can do what they like. Not all though, as I know a few who really are genuine nice guys who don't go out and get wasted. Always seems to be the ones with the most talent end up the ones who don't really fill their true potential.

You'll be fine with these two, both nice real football guys and dont bevvy..

Mickey is a top guy. Had the pleasure of a decent chat with him night of the final. Cares so much about the hibees and nice to everyone.

After reading about GOC.. Im glad he's away from ER.

hibby rae
30-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Bit of a shame for your laddie, they say you should never meet your heroes as it'll never live up to expectation.

That said, I met Postman Pat at Waverley Station when I was a bairn, great memories of that, Pat was as friendly as I expected.

Love it!

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 12:36 PM

Mickey is a top guy. Had the pleasure of a decent chat with him night of the final. Cares so much about the hibees and nice to everyone.

Yeah i've met Mickey a couple of times and both times spoke fondly about Hibs. Nice when you see former players still having an interest in your club.

hibby rae
30-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Love it!

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Never been the starstruck kind , tend to let players have their lives , I know i wouldn't like getting bothered when I am trying to wind down especially eating a meal somewhere .
However one time i was in the toilets at Madogs and Mixu was standing beside me , shook his hand and told him he gave me one of the best days of my life . The big man was great it was night before a derby cant remember which one and he said "Get right in to these f****** tomorrow!" I hasten to add he wasn't a player at this time and was the manager of Cowdenbeath .

Funny you should mention that. When I used to go out for a meal with kenny Miller he often got asked for his autograph, which he didn't mind giving out btw. But once we were in the middle of the meal and a waiter come over and planted a bit paper down and said "sign this as my mate supports Hibs" Kenny did sign it but thought it was a bit rude as he was eating and he could have waited. Then 10 mins later same waiter comes back and asks for another one and he brought another waiter with him. I ended up telling the guy to leave us alone at least until we had the meal. Waiter wasn't happy but we heard his Boss went mad at him for it.

lobster
30-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Funny you should mention that. When I used to go out for a meal with kenny Miller he often got asked for his autograph, which he didn't mind giving out btw. But once we were in the middle of the meal and a waiter come over and planted a bit paper down and said "sign this as my mate supports Hibs" Kenny did sign it but thought it was a bit rude as he was eating and he could have waited. Then 10 mins later same waiter comes back and asks for another one and he brought another waiter with him. I ended up telling the guy to leave us alone at least until we had the meal. Waiter wasn't happy but we heard his Boss went mad at him for it.

Crossed paths with Kenny Millar at Gatwick couple of years back and was very impressed. A true gentleman. Very impressed because one gets the impression these days that the vast majority of footballers are Grade A twits/Neds wi' money. The real neds wi money almost always seem to make a complete arse of it in the end.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Crossed paths with Kenny Millar at Gatwick couple of years back and was very impressed. A true gentleman. Very impressed because one gets the impression these days that the vast majority of footballers are Grade A twits/Neds wi' money. The real neds wi money almost always seem to make a complete arse of it in the end.

It's funny because a lot of folk who see him on tv think he's sour faced, (which he can be) lol, but off the park he's a good lad and a nice guy. yeah exactly, those players blow it long before their time is due IMO.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 01:13 PM
It's funny because a lot of folk who see him on tv think he's sour faced, (which he can be) lol, but off the park he's a good lad and a nice guy. yeah exactly, those players blow it long before their time is due IMO.

Kenny is friends with a doorman my dad knows and he was really friendly when I met him when I was a lot younger. He promised me one of his match worn Hibs shirts and the next month I had a match worn Kenny Miller shirt which he signed for me :not worth

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Pathetic.

My dad seen him on Lothian Road a few years back at about 11 at night. One of my dads friends shouted 'Riordan **** the Hearts!' and Derek wasn't too impressed and wanted to go boxing with my dad and his 3 friends and called them all 'c***s' and walked off with his mates. Seemed like a right tool.

leithsansiro
30-07-2012, 01:22 PM
The boys who think they are big-time Charlies because they can play a bit of football, such as Riordan and O'Connor, clearly are *****. That said, it's the people that hang around with them, perpetuating their nonsense that I can't stand.

Stevo1875
30-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Youngsters at our club need much better role models than this. At 16 & 17 young lads are influenced by the lifestyles and attitudes the senior pros have. If the likes of Kerr and Maybury are going to join our club and be the right kind of role model for our current crop of youngsters, we might not finish in the top 6 but we will be more likely to get the best out of youngsters coming through which hasn't happened for some time. We then might have the makings of a decent team a few years down the line. Sauzee & Co were senior pro's when O'Connor, Riordan, Brown, Thomson, etc were at this stage. With the right role models they all worked hard and got the big money deals. We can still develop young players and to be the best they can they need to live appropriate lifestyles.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Kenny is friends with a doorman my dad knows and he was really friendly when I met him when I was a lot younger. He promised me one of his match worn Hibs shirts and the next month I had a match worn Kenny Miller shirt which he signed for me :not worth

Does this guy work for Opal mate?

HibbyAndy
30-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Gareth Evan's Stole my cat once.

HibeeSince82
30-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Jimmy Boco stole my hair!

1875er
30-07-2012, 02:00 PM

It was definitely his hand yeah? :wink:

Peevemor
30-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Stephen Dobbie stole Oprah Winfrey's arse.

Hibs On Tour
30-07-2012, 02:12 PM

Been out with Kenny a few times [mate of a mate] and has always struck me as being sound. Definitely not a billy big boots, just a normal guy trying to lead a normal life. Happy to deal with autographs etc as think he accepts it comes with the territory.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Does this guy work for Opal mate?

He worked at the Liquorice Club and Kenny was a frequent visitor there and became friendly with the doorman, who now works somewhere in the pubic triangle. Not too sure if he works at any nightclubs though.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:26 PM
He worked at the Liquorice Club and Kenny was a frequent visitor there and became friendly with the doorman, who now works somewhere in the pubic triangle. Not too sure if he works at any nightclubs though.

Big Vince or Andy? I know both well mate if it's one of those.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Been out with Kenny a few times [mate of a mate] and has always struck me as being sound. Definitely not a billy big boots, just a normal guy trying to lead a normal life. Happy to deal with autographs etc as think he accepts it comes with the territory.

I've prob been out with you myself then mate if it's Edinburgh you have been out with him.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Big Vince or Andy? I know both well mate if it's one of those.

It's Andy :aok: I remember he let me borrow GTA III when I was about 12 years old, top man

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:38 PM
It's Andy :aok: I remember he let me borrow GTA III when I was about 12 years old, top man

Think he's now at Hooters mate. Really sound guy, got a lot of time for Andy.

bruno
30-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Slightly embarrassing confession i remember signing some unpleasant songstowards mickey weir in my younger years. Fast forward a number of years met him at a charity game and a nicer guy you couldn't have met Despite differing allegiances he chatted to me for some time talking football and i felt quite humble after i mumbled an apology and he said don't be daft we all do things stupid when we younger. Top guy. Maybe not starstruck but i'm def a fan.

J-C
30-07-2012, 02:48 PM

I picked up 2 doormen from Tigerlily's on saturday morning around 3.30 am, I jokingly said that their takings would be down a fair bit due to Fenlon's new hard line attitude to the George St footballers, they told me GOC hadn't changed and was still up to his old sniffing tricks, just a week or so ago.

So it looks like these guys never learn and will ruin their career without a thought for themselves, a sad state of affairs indeed.

They also mentioned Stack, they said he was never any bother, like a few pints but always knew when to stop and go home, no trouble at all from him.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I once met Gary Mackay in the old Red Hot. Everyone was telling me he's a plum and a right weapon. I said it's prob cos we're hibs fans we think that. turns out he's a plum and a right weapon. Was my nephews agent as well and i've never met such a fan dan in my life. :agree:

J-C
30-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Defo Andy, known him for years, a gentle giant you don't want to cross, do anything for you, been doing doors for umpteen years.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Defo Andy, known him for years, a gentle giant you don't want to cross, do anything for you, been doing doors for umpteen years.

defo wouldn't mess with him that's for sure. His hands are like shovels. I once challenged him to an arm wrestle. I've not been able to tug my tinkle right since!!!

J-C
30-07-2012, 03:00 PM
defo wouldn't mess with him that's for sure. His hands are like shovels. I once challenged him to an arm wrestle. I've not been able to tug my tinkle right since!!!

Before he did his back in, he trained at the David Lloyd, used to warm up with 46kg dumbbells for chest press, heaviest we have there is 50kg :greengrin
strong as an ox he is.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-07-2012, 03:02 PM
He's a lovely big chap Andy. Let's me into Hooters for nowt as well. Hero!

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 03:04 PM
He's a lovely big chap Andy. Let's me into Hooters for nowt as well. Hero!

Perv :greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Before he did his back in, he trained at the David Lloyd, used to warm up with 46kg dumbbells for chest press, heaviest we have there is 50kg :greengrin
strong as an ox he is.

Jesus.. I'm surprised he never snapped my arm off thinking back if he can lift that.

Just Alf
30-07-2012, 03:07 PM
It was definitely his hand yeah? :wink:

too much info in this thread!!!! :shocked:

J-C
30-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Jesus.. I'm surprised he never snapped my arm off thinking back if he can lift that.

I use the 48kg as my heaviest set of around 4-6 reps, he used to do them for 10-12 reps, beast.:greengrin

SlickShoes
30-07-2012, 03:14 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens to this generation of footballers when there careers are over. They will be used to a certain lifestyle that will be unsustainable on any sort of normal wage, it will hit them like a truck and if they are still living the same life when they are 40 they will be very lucky.

Northernhibee
30-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Met Roughie once. Top guy, good laugh.

The Harp
30-07-2012, 03:59 PM
One of the great pictures I have is my younger son celebrating a 1-0 victory over Hearts. The year was 2003. Hibs had 10 men. Garry O'Connor scored. My son was 10 ...

Not at all nice to hear TH. That game is a fond memory for me as well. I was there with my son too. He was heading off to Oz to seek his fortune and this was the last Hibs game he would see for a while. The following day, to give him a good send off, we visited several pubs which he had never been in - these included the Diggers and the Tynecastle Arms. In both these hostelries, particularly the latter, the regulars were clearly still in a depressed state. This was made all the worse for them by the pair of us playing U2's Beautiful Day over and over on the juke box. They must've known we were Hibees by the size of the smiles on our faces - I still have a wee chuckle to myself whenever I think of it.
To get back to Garry O though - what kind of role model is he to any up and coming young, impressionable player at ER or elsewhere?
Hope the incident hasn't put your son off following the Hibees.

J-C
30-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Not at all nice to hear TH. That game is a fond memory for me as well. I was there with my son too. He was heading off to Oz to seek his fortune and this was the last Hibs game he would see for a while. The following day, to give him a good send off, we visited several pubs which he had never been in - these included the Diggers and the Tynecastle Arms. In both these hostelries, particularly the latter, the regulars were clearly still in a depressed state. This was made all the worse for them by the pair of us playing U2's Beautiful Day over and over on the juke box. They must've known we were Hibees by the size of the smiles on our faces - I still have a wee chuckle to myself whenever I think of it.
To get back to Garry O though - what kind of role model is he to any up and coming young, impressionable player at ER or elsewhere?
Hope the incident hasn't put your son off following the Hibees.

I think this is the why PF is trying to get the more professional style player at ER, getting away from the George St brigade.

essexhibee
30-07-2012, 08:15 PM
What a fat junkie tosser. Why when your a well known face would you act like that. He's obviously thick as ****. Glad he's away from us.

rab1875
30-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Sir Tom Farmer stole Ma wallet!

snooky
31-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Sir Tom Farmer stole Ma wallet!

Davie Dodds stole my face for a transplant.

jacomo
31-07-2012, 09:06 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens to this generation of footballers when there careers are over. They will be used to a certain lifestyle that will be unsustainable on any sort of normal wage, it will hit them like a truck and if they are still living the same life when they are 40 they will be very lucky.

Aye, and they'll find out who their mates are then when all the money's gone.

For my mind, Kenny Miller had less natural talent than either O'Connor or Riordan. But I'm sure his career earnings will be far superior.

marinello59
31-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Davie Dodds stole my face for a transplant.

He gave me his old one.:boo hoo:

Northumberland Hibee
31-07-2012, 09:32 PM
My son had a picture with Garry (and Gary Smith) that appeared in a match programme.....Garry was one of the young guns while Gary was an old hand who had been part of a fantastic hibs team. When he went on to score against Arsenal and had a shot at the EPL I thought he could have been a top Scottish striker...
We got another picture with Garry at the start of last season and had high hopes that he would rediscover his mojo, form and kudos. It's sad that someone with such potential has been unable to fulfil the opportunity that most of us would kill for....there were glimpses last year (a few critical goals and the set up in the semi) but you can't be at the top unless you nurture and cherish the opportunity you've got.....none of us really know what's the real cause of his demise but it's clear that he's got few chances left.....but he's not an icon or role model for my kids....

surreyhibbie
31-07-2012, 09:37 PM

I met Mickey in the four in hand, night of the final, too. Seemed a very nice guy and was happy to autograph my programme. My son was star struck, highlight of the day for him!

erin-go-bragh87
31-07-2012, 09:39 PM

Mickeys weir was great when the hibs team came to Germany to play against my dads army side in pre-season in the late 80s early 90s and my first memory of being a hibee was him talking to me at the side of the park. I was completely starstruck at the time as I had only supported hibs from afar and couldnt believe they were at our camp in Germany talking to me!

greenlex
31-07-2012, 09:42 PM
He's one of our own dontcha know?

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I wonder how many of our fans behave in the same manner every weekend!

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 09:49 PM
He's one of our own dontcha know?

Yep, Rod will be in tears that he is no longer one of our own, that touching moment at the AGM. :wink: :greengrin

That's if you are talking about GOC. :greengrin

There is that many players being slated on this thread it's hard to tell. :greengrin

erin-go-bragh87
31-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Yep, Rod will be in tears that he is no longer one of our own, that touching moment at the AGM. :wink: :greengrin

That's if you are talking about GOC. :greengrin

There is that many players being slated on this thread it's hard to tell. :greengrin

What was said at the agm mate. Missed that.

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 09:54 PM
I once seen Deek hit a punch bag machine, totally unprovoked attack on the punch bag.

True story by the way.

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Aye, and they'll find out who their mates are then when all the money's gone.

For my mind, Kenny Miller had less natural talent than either O'Connor or Riordan. But I'm sure his career earnings will be far superior.

Just maybe they invested some of it for when they retire. :aok:

muirhousehibby
31-07-2012, 10:01 PM
i've seen micky weir pissed-true story btw

Also still have his number and keep in contact too,he is a great guy as someone has said as is Mark his Bro..:agree::greengrin

sadtom
31-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Real shame to hear stories like those.
My two lads 1st hearoes were Deek/Deano & G O'C/Ivan they have met them all a few times and the players have been great with them.
Though i'd hope so as my kids were still in primary.

As others have said its not always for the best to meet yer heroes. I also dont like pestering folk when they are out and about, though i've been very fortunate to have met a number of my childhood heroes, O'Rourke, Stanton, Jackie Mac snr & Joe Strummer and everyone of them have been fantastic towards me. Friendly, polite and seemed happy to say hi. All went up in my estimations.
Maybe the lads today get too much too soon and through the youth system they've had too many folk blowing smoke up their erchies from a young age. Though clearly it doesnt apply to them all or all of the time.

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I wonder how many of our fans behave in the same manner every weekend!

:no way::take that

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:17 PM
i've seen micky weir pissed-true story btw

Also still have his number and keep in contact too,he is a great guy as someone has said as is Mark his Bro..:agree::greengrin

Tubbs.

Hibercelona
31-07-2012, 10:28 PM
It's hardly a shock. O'Connors an ****hole. :rolleyes:

Lets move on.

muirhousehibby
31-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Tubbs.

aye tubby is a funny lad m8 eh...ripped him about wearing the old black bin bags when micky was training old pilton sporting club lol

shhh don't tell anyone. Then 5 mins later his laddie ask for new under armour :thumbsup:

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Real shame to hear stories like those.
My two lads 1st hearoes were Deek/Deano & G O'C/Ivan they have met them all a few times and the players have been great with them.
Though i'd hope so as my kids were still in primary.

As others have said its not always for the best to meet yer heroes. I also dont like pestering folk when they are out and about, though i've been very fortunate to have met a number of my childhood heroes, O'Rourke, Stanton, Jackie Mac snr & Joe Strummer and everyone of them have been fantastic towards me. Friendly, polite and seemed happy to say hi. All went up in my estimations.
Maybe the lads today get too much too soon and through the youth system they've had too many folk blowing smoke up their erchies from a young age. Though clearly it doesnt apply to them all or all of the time.

If they are true.

In the times i have been out with Deek i have never seen him say no to a photo or autograph with anyone that asks, infact he was quite happy to pose for photos and give out autographs before he went in to the game on Saturday.

True Story.

But as you say it's not right to pester someone when they are out in there free time, having a quiet time with there friends/partners/wife. :agree:

easty
31-07-2012, 10:39 PM

:agree:

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:40 PM
aye tubby is a funny lad m8 eh...ripped him about wearing the old black bin bags when micky was training old pilton sporting club lol

shhh don't tell anyone. Then 5 mins later his laddie ask for new under armour :thumbsup:

Is that a true story MH. :wink:

easty
31-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I once seen Deek hit a punch bag machine, totally unprovoked attack on the punch bag.

True story by the way.

:rolleyes:
You're obviously leaving out some of the details silver. Did he get the money for his go on the machine by robbing a wee laddie or an old women? Then obviously he celebrated his punch by spitting in the face of an innocent passer by.

muirhousehibby
31-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Is that a true story MH. :wink:

Yes 100% true :wink::agree:

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Someone PMd me to ask me to pass on there thanks to Deek for sponsoring there daughter not so long ago.

Another true story.

muirhousehibby
31-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Someone PMd me to ask me to pass on there thanks to Deek for sponsoring there daughter not so long ago.

Another true story.

Yeah funny how folk seem to pick on the negative things they read in the Rags but never ask or talk about the good stuff!

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 10:58 PM
:rolleyes:
You're obviously leaving out some of the details silver. Did he get the money for his go on the machine by robbing a wee laddie or an old women? Then obviously he celebrated his punch by spitting in the face of an innocent passer by.

Nah he just abused them for no reason and told them they were cants.

The we laddie is traumatised by this and the old lady no longer goes to George Street.

silverhibee
31-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah funny how folk seem to pick on the negative things they read in the Rags but never ask or talk about the good stuff!

Strange eh.

He even donated to this good cause.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241316-Huge-Thanks

True Story.

J-C
01-08-2012, 04:11 AM
I think generally the majority of players are willing to have pics taken or sign autographs, the thread is about how certain ones have started to let themselves by their behaviour, specially towards the Joe public. Never heard of Deek ever being like this towards fans, which makes what GOC did even more disappointing, personally I tend not to bother them when in a social position, they too need some time out.

SlickShoes
01-08-2012, 10:32 AM

It's the same with everything though, If I go to the cinema and have a great time and enjoy the movie then the manager of the cinema will never hear a word from me, if I happen to have someone spit in my popcorn and **** on my seat then you'll be more inclined to broadcast what a terrible time you have had.

I have met loads of people I admire in bands and what not and when it's a good experience you enjoy it and nothing more happens but if that person you are eager to meet is a dick to you then you are going to tell people, with the way the internet is, those bad stories spread and get repeated and changed, its like chinese whispers, before you know it this one person as been a dick to 20 different folk that hear it from a mate when it's actually only one guys story.

--------
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM

"No better than anybody else"?

He's a thug and a bully and the sooner he decamps to Siberia the better. Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep if he never comes back.

Hibs are very well rid of him, and his pal Stack.

Frogga
01-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I've had nothing but good experiences with footballers... I met Stack in george st just after he signed and he was great - was really patient too as my camera was playing up. Met stokes that night who wasn't chatty, but wouldn't say he was a bad guy. Also met Lee McCulloch who was probably the nicest of the lot.

Did have an infamous moment with McGeady in malia... Had just been doing some rather strong local shots and came out of the bar to see the man himself standing on the other side of the strip. This was around the peak of the ireland v scotland controversy and without thinking i screamed "BOOOOOOO!!!" from only a few metres away. For some reason i thought he would find this funny. He didn't. His mates went to hold him back and everything. To be fair i did go back later to apologise and he was really cool in the end. He must get quite a lot of pish, especially from rangers fans.

Kaiser_Sauzee
01-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Strange eh.

He even donated to this good cause.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241316-Huge-Thanks

True Story.

The Deek PR machine is in full flow. :flag:

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
The Deek PR machine is in full flow. :flag:

I didn't know, is this thread only for negative stuff about folk, shall i start a positive thread to even things out.

In fact i will just keep the positive stuff on this thread if that's okay with you.

Your we come back of 7 to 8 years ago did make me laugh mind you. :aok:

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I think generally the majority of players are willing to have pics taken or sign autographs, the thread is about how certain ones have started to let themselves by their behaviour, specially towards the Joe public. Never heard of Deek ever being like this towards fans, which makes what GOC did even more disappointing, personally I tend not to bother them when in a social position, they too need some time out.

I have read the OP again and what i don't understand is if the lads son was in the taxi why would he give it up to GOC, and as you have said you are a taxi driver, what does the driver do when something like that happens, do they not get involved or tell GOC the taxi is taken, or do they call for back up if they think there could be trouble brewing in your taxi, what would you have done if you were the driver on the night, because if i had hailed a taxi and got in it and GOC opened the door and told me to get out, well i wouldn't be getting out the taxi that's for sure.

Squealing pig
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Mind meeting the hibs players 1994 last game of season v Patrick all were brand new except jim Leighton total nob face like thunder and not very chatty lol.

VickMackie
01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
I have read the OP again and what i don't understand is if the lads son was in the taxi why would he give it up to GOC, and as you have said you are a taxi driver, what does the driver do when something like that happens, do they not get involved or tell GOC the taxi is taken, or do they call for back up if they think there could be trouble brewing in your taxi, what would you have done if you were the driver on the night, because if i had hailed a taxi and got in it and GOC opened the door and told me to get out, well i wouldn't be getting out the taxi that's for sure.

Probably because he'd just finished work and couldn't be arsed getting in a fight with one, probably 4, jumped up pricks out their nut.

IMO, taxi drivers look for the path of least resistance for either fear of their safety or taxi. They'd normally let it pan out without getting involved.

1875er
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I went to a friend of a friends 40th party in the Poppinjay Hotel in the Clyde Valley and found myself sat next to hotel owner and ex Hun Barry Ferguson.... surprised to say you could not have met a nicer guy and was a top bloke.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I went to a friend of a friends 40th party in the Poppinjay Hotel in the Clyde Valley and found myself sat next to hotel owner and ex Hun Barry Ferguson.... surprised to say you could not have met a nicer guy and was a top bloke.

Was crab on the menu!

1875er
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Was crab on the menu!

ha ha ha very good!! .... I knew he was going to be there so went with the thought he would be a bit of a nob but like I say he was a really nice down to earth fella... he was playing for Blackburn at the time.

snooky
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Was crab on the menu!

Naw, but I hear he had his nipper with him? :wink:

Billy Whizz
01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
ha ha ha very good!! .... I knew he was going to be there so went with the thought he would be a bit of a nob but like I say he was a really nice down to earth fella... he was playing for Blackburn at the time.

He part owns it with a good friend of mine!!!

J-C
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM

My apologies first of all for the thread on PM board, hope we can put it behind us as a misunderstanding. :thumbsup:

It all depends on the circumstances and if you think how much trouble is going to kick off and what you think the punters may be like ( carrying blades etc ).
I'd be telling GOC to sod off and say to the young lad to stay put, to me he's hailed me and I'm his taxi for whatever the journey is, it's a legal contract that's been entered into. If GOC or anyone else tried to get rid of the fare already in the cab, then we have an emergency button on our computer console, which will alert all cabs in the vicinity that I need help, also a quick 999 call and police are there asap.

HH81
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I blame silver. :-)

muirhousehibby
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I was on holiday in Gran Canaries in 1994 and meet Ugo Ehiogu and a guy something Little, took all our towels off the sunbed to hand them to everyone in our apartment who were in having a kip and Ugo Ehiogu accuse me off stealing them we had a big argument and Mr Little apologised to me later that night.

Ugo Ehiogu was annoyed as i put him out the pool competition twice in 2 weeks. Guy was a first class idiot:agree:

cocopops1875
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Mind meeting the hibs players 1994 last game of season v Patrick all were brand new except jim Leighton total nob face like thunder and not very chatty lol.

Hero of mine hope i never meet him :greengrin

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
My apologies first of all for the thread on PM board, hope we can put it behind us as a misunderstanding. :thumbsup:

It all depends on the circumstances and if you think how much trouble is going to kick off and what you think the punters may be like ( carrying blades etc ).
I'd be telling GOC to sod off and say to the young lad to stay put, to me he's hailed me and I'm his taxi for whatever the journey is, it's a legal contract that's been entered into. If GOC or anyone else tried to get rid of the fare already in the cab, then we have an emergency button on our computer console, which will alert all cabs in the vicinity that I need help, also a quick 999 call and police are there asap.

:aok:

I thought that about taxis having some kind of panic button.

What happened to the OP anyway, has he been back on...

TrinityHibs
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
:aok:

I thought that about taxis having some kind of panic button.

What happened to the OP anyway, has he been back on...

On all the time. The point of your question is what exactly?

I've posted a true story about O'Connor because he pissed me off. My immediate reaction was you should have told him to F*** off but as he quite rightly pointed out "you weren't there". He certainly wasn't going o rely on the taxi driver to back him up in an enclosed space if it all kicked off as he should have told O'Connor to stroll on. He and my son, unlike yourself clearly didnt think it was a good idea to take on a group of guys who were tanked up. He probably liked his taxi the way it was and my son probably wasnt looking to get his face re-modelled.

I note you wouldnt have got out of the taxi. I would be happy to debate whether or not that was the sensible option. Having thought about it I think it was the smart move. You on the other hand have had some time to thnk about it and decided taking on 4 guys was the way forward. I'm glad my son acted the way he did.

Oh and maybe you could tell me why you wre so interested in whether I had been back on,,,,,,,,sounds like the kind of question you would get from Fat Swally.

Funnily enough the thought of relying on somebody maybe pressing a panic button that they may or may not have had and relying on a swarm of taxi drivers appearing over the hill to help scrape him off the pavement just wasn't in the forefront of his mind at the time.

frazeHFC
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Silver has every right to want to take on 4 guys. I once saw him take on and ****in demolish 8 Swedes and a Dane, all on his own.

True story. :agree:

silverhibee
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
On all the time. The point of your question is what exactly?

I've posted a true story about O'Connor because he pissed me off. My immediate reaction was you should have told him to F*** off but as he quite rightly pointed out "you weren't there". He certainly wasn't going o rely on the taxi driver to back him up in an enclosed space if it all kicked off as he should have told O'Connor to stroll on. He and my son, unlike yourself clearly didnt think it was a good idea to take on a group of guys who were tanked up. He probably liked his taxi the way it was and my son probably wasnt looking to get his face re-modelled.

I note you wouldnt have got out of the taxi. I would be happy to debate whether or not that was the sensible option. Having thought about it I think it was the smart move. You on the other hand have had some time to thnk about it and decided taking on 4 guys was the way forward. I'm glad my son acted the way he did.

Oh and maybe you could tell me why you wre so interested in whether I had been back on,,,,,,,,sounds like the kind of question you would get from Fat Swally.

Funnily enough the thought of relying on somebody maybe pressing a panic button that they may or may not have had and relying on a swarm of taxi drivers appearing over the hill
just wasn't in the forefront of his mind at the time.

I really think you are taking that too far, the big guy may be silly in other things but never been known for being violent and i doubt he would start a fight in a taxi where there would have been witness's that would have seen it, your son should have stuck to his guns and told him it was his taxi and told the driver to drive away.

And yes you are right, i wouldn't have got out the taxi, that would have been the sensible option for me after a hard days shift, if i hailed it and was in it i wouldn't have given it up.

Your on now so no problem.

I am sure on the forefront of his mind was to get home in his taxi he hailed or ordered.

Pete
01-08-2012, 11:17 PM
If you're on you're own and get into an argument with four other guys over a taxi you back down because the chances are you will get a kick in.

...unless you are Bruce Lee.

easty
01-08-2012, 11:20 PM

2 lads tried to nick my taxi at Lothian Road taxi rank on my 21st birthday (many years back), I dragged one of them out by his hair......then their 2 other mates from over the road ran over and I got battered by the 4 of them. Still though, it's a matter of principle, I'd do the same again.:greengrin

andrew_dundee
02-08-2012, 12:02 AM
The first time I realised Garry is an arse was when I was 17 and I was working at a cinema. Garry used to come in regularly, I remember him once scrawling HIBS ARE ***** on a napkin while one of my colleagues got him popcorn and I remember him telling a Hibee collague of mine to "**** off you prick" when he told him that he hoped he got well soon (he was injured at the time). He used to come in blootered a fair bit and was generally lous and obnoxious. He did once come in for some promo morning Hibs were doing when him and another player (can't remember who) signed autographs for a while, Garry stopped after 15 mins and left while the other player did pics etc.

In total contrast was big Mixu, who also came in regularly and was corteous, friendly, decent, posed for photos and chatted lots to staff and fans.

frazeHFC
02-08-2012, 12:24 AM
As much as these stories are horrible, i am always going to remember him for the games where he scored goals, won us games, and was generally one of the succesfull 'golden generation' players we produced, which he was, before recent years.

cocopops1875
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM
I really think you are taking that too far, the big guy may be silly in other things but never been known for being violent and i doubt he would start a fight in a taxi where there would have been witness's that would have seen it, your son should have stuck to his guns and told him it was his taxi and told the driver to drive away.

And yes you are right, i wouldn't have got out the taxi, that would have been the sensible option for me after a hard days shift, if i hailed it and was in it i wouldn't have given it up.

I am sure on the forefront of his mind was to get home in his taxi he hailed or ordered.
Did Garry no get in bother for battering Elvis or something :-)

Pete
02-08-2012, 05:32 AM
2 lads tried to nick my taxi at Lothian Road taxi rank on my 21st birthday (many years back), I dragged one of them out by his hair......then their 2 other mates from over the road ran over and I got battered by the 4 of them. Still though, it's a matter of principle, I'd do the same again.:greengrin

I bet you wouldn't. You probably never realized there was four of them until it was too late
!:greengrin

unless you're bruce lee...or bradley Wiggins!

TrinityHibs
02-08-2012, 06:28 AM

And yes you are right, i wouldn't have got out the taxi, that would have been the sensible option for me after a hard days shift, if I hailed it and was in it i wouldn't have given it up.

Ach you might be right but then again there's always the first time that somebody will roll a motor, fiddle their insurance, take cocaine in the back of a motor in the middle of the town in front of witnesses or try and run away from the police. I'm sure you also know that friends of footballers sometimes get involved when maybe the player himself actually might not have done anything.

I'm delighted that there is no problem now that I am on. I'll have to remember to give you a wee nudge from time to time just in case you worry that I might have gone missing.

Oh and by the way Garry O'Connor is a tosser

TrickyNicky
02-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Ach you might be right but then again there's always the first time that somebody will roll a motor, fiddle their insurance, take cocaine in the back of a motor in the middle of the town in front of witnesses or try and run away from the police. I'm sure you also know that friends of footballers sometimes get involved when maybe the player himself actually might not have done anything.

I'm delighted that there is no problem now that I am on. I'll have to remember to give you a wee nudge from time to time just in case you worry that I might have gone missing.

You forgot to add that he gave a different name to the officer after being caught and then declared, through the medium of hand written under garments, that " only God can judge him "!:wink:

cocopops1875
02-08-2012, 06:51 AM
You forgot to add that he gave a different name to the officer after being caught and then declared, through the medium of hand written under garments, that " only God can judge him "!:wink:

To be fair the hand written under garment had correct spelling, the false name did not :-)

NAE NOOKIE
02-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Have to agree that most professional footballers are self centered and right up themselves.

I agreed to meet 11 of them in Glasgow a couple of months ago ... we had agreed a time and place and everything, but in the end only one of them turned up

The Harp
02-08-2012, 09:04 AM

I'd say your laddie did the sensible thing TH. I know if my son at that age had taken on 4 guys (that's assuming he was able to come home and tell me about it and hadn't been hospitalised) - I'd have been bloody furious with him for being so stupid. Life's too precious.

02-08-2012, 09:08 AM
We met big Mixu years ago, lovely guy and more than happy to pose for photos and sign autographs for all the kids. Also have met Harry Redknapp and again, really nice guy and was really patient getting photos with us and signing autographs!

Steve-O
02-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Correct.

silverhibee - can understand your defending of Riordan since he's clearly family to you, but you don't have to try and defend that eejit O'Connor as well. Nobody is saying he is an erse 100% of the time, and I am sure he's done some good things in his time, however in general, he seems to be a bit of a radge.

Hibs90
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Seen Deek in McDonalds once after a night out and he was really friendly, happy to pose for a photo and listened to my drunken chat for a while. The folk he was with didn't seem so friendly but Deek was a nice guy.

The Green Goblin
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Have to agree that most professional footballers are self centered and right up themselves.

I agreed to meet 11 of them in Glasgow a couple of months ago ... we had agreed a time and place and everything, but in the end only one of them turned up

. :-)

cocopops1875
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Seen Deek in McDonalds once after a night out and he was really friendly, happy to pose for a photo and listened to my drunken chat for a while. The folk he was with didn't seem so friendly but Deek was a nice guy.

Had a similar meeting with deek in town and he was perfectly well behaved (quiet and shy would be my exact description) however one of my mates was at the bar at the same time said alright and offered deek a drink which he politely declined and went back to his group, then one of the group came over I assume under his own free will and gave my mate a bit of "what you saying? Dinnie speak to him right" mate said I just offered him a drink I'm a hibbie to which the reply came get me a drink then came. Now I assume his mates look out for him as I assume bad situations happen rather quickly and after years they just put the message out early to stop yams giving him the friendly chat then turning on him. I'm sure silver will have a take on this and it could well be im bang on, but as i said Deek was utterly pleasent but pretty quiet and shy

The Modfather
02-08-2012, 11:33 AM

Probably a telling insight into why he is unemployed and not fit enough for a trial.

silverhibee
02-08-2012, 11:44 AM

I am sure the charges were dropped.

Kaiser_Sauzee
02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I didn't know, is this thread only for negative stuff about folk, shall i start a positive thread to even things out.

In fact i will just keep the positive stuff on this thread if that's okay with you.

Your we come back of 7 to 8 years ago did make me laugh mind you. :aok:

No objections to a positive slant on Deek whatsoever. He is one of Hibs' best ever on the pitch. But in the town, with his mates, he is a menace. Doesn't matter if the incident was 10 years ago or last week.

VickMackie
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Because someone hasnt been charged doesn't mean it didn't happen or they're not violent. It just means there's not enough to prove anything.

On the flip side, I was involved in an incident where I was hit by someone, for no reason, who was with 3 friends and when two of them got hit back the police arrive and they blamed it on me and I got charged because they said I hit them! No CCTV, no witnesses other than those that seen me with some of their blood on my t shirt.

The law isn't always right!

silverhibee
02-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Correct.

silverhibee - can understand your defending of Riordan since he's clearly family to you, but you don't have to try and defend that eejit O'Connor as well. Nobody is saying he is an erse 100% of the time, and I am sure he's done some good things in his time, however in general, he seems to be a bit of a radge.

Wrong.

The charges were dropped against Garry.

Steve-O
03-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Wrong.

Oh well, it never happened then.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Was he not caught in a trap?

Anyway guys enough already we just can't go on together with suspicious minds ;)

Mon Dieu4
03-08-2012, 08:30 AM

Correct, besides the guy had smacked Garry's dad had he not? if someone hit my old boy id had done the same, so i must be a coke fueled no good jake bassa too!!

TrinityHibs
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Correct, besides the guy had smacked Garry's dad had he not? if someone hit my old boy id had done the same, so i must be a coke fueled no good jake bassa too!!

As far as I am aware my son didn't smack O'Tossers father. Nor did he take his taxi.

I cant comment on yourself MD but you're partially right about O'Connor. You just missed fake baked, lazy, wage thief, tosser..........

Mon Dieu4
03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
As far as I am aware my son didn't smack O'Tossers father. Nor did he take his taxi.

I cant comment on yourself MD but you're partially right about O'Connor. You just missed fake baked, lazy, wage thief, tosser..........

Apologies i was referring to the Elvis part, what happened to your son is bang out of order and one of the reasons i seldom go up town these days, too many erkies about, footballers and average joes

Baldy Foghorn
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM

Not sure if there was a fight, altercation or whatever, just know Elvis was "all shook up"................

silverhibee
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Because someone hasnt been charged doesn't mean it didn't happen or they're not violent. It just means there's not enough to prove anything.

On the flip side, I was involved in an incident where I was hit by someone, for no reason, who was with 3 friends and when two of them got hit back the police arrive and they blamed it on me and I got charged because they said I hit them! No CCTV, no witnesses other than those that seen me with some of their blood on my t shirt.

The law isn't always right!

The big man was charged but it never made it to the courts, if i remember correctly i am sure it was the Elvis impersonator that didn't turn up for the court case, maybe he was making things up and left the country because there may have been the possibility that Elvis was telling porkies, perjury is a serious charge.

You need to get a better lawyer. :greengrin

patch1875
03-08-2012, 11:11 AM
To many suspicious minds on here

Steve-O
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
The big man was charged but it never made it to the courts, if i remember correctly i am sure it was the Elvis impersonator that didn't turn up for the court case, maybe he was making things up and left the country because there may have been the possibility that Elvis was telling porkies, perjury is a serious charge.

Perhaps he had just left the building?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Wrong.

Was Maka in charge of the case?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Not sure if there was a fight, altercation or whatever, just know Elvis was "all shook up"................

Somebody told me Mr O'C stepped on his blue suede shoes.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM

He's certainly gone way down in my estimations.

VickMackie
03-08-2012, 11:57 AM

You need to get a better lawyer. :greengrin

The lawyer couldn't have done nothing. Once I'd ran to get away from them i took refuge in a shop thinking i'd be safe. Then they locked me in the shop!

I had just been chilling out in joggers and an old tshirt with one of those cringey big logos on the front so when I ran into the shop to get away from them I'm standing there like some ned, white tshirt, covered in some guys blood whilst he's outside shouting it was all me.

I wouldn't have believed me either!

silverhibee
03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
The lawyer couldn't have done nothing. Once I'd ran to get away from them i took refuge in a shop thinking i'd be safe. Then they locked me in the shop!

I had just been chilling out in joggers and an old tshirt with one of those cringey big logos on the front so when I ran into the shop to get away from them I'm standing there like some ned, white tshirt, covered in some guys blood whilst he's outside shouting it was all me.

I wouldn't have believed me either!

http://mixiflus.info/img.php?fl=94x5r4k43314p294r524n554l414r4s4y584a4f 5h474y5a4h5s4s234l4m4t2g4w5n4a4z5b416i3j424k5c4n4s 2d5y2q264p244o2p2l5e464c4s2w274z213d5p4q5v2g4g4d4

:greengrin

Chibs
04-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok this is what I think could have happened.I don't have have Garry's money but when I'm out on the town I never go to a taxi rank or try and hail a taxi. It's far easier to either phone one with your mobi
e or get the staff to get oe for you. If someone got into my taxi that I orderded trust me they would be told where to go. Hero to Zero naw Garry and Deeks always here's to me

The Harp
04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Einstein?!? :hmmm: Not too sure about that one.

J-C
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Einstein?!? :hmmm: Not too sure about that one.

Yep in name only me thinks lol