PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lee Miller

Hibeesmad
29-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I've heard we are interested in him as he wants a move back to scotland! anybody else heard about this?

:flag:

Tricla
29-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Nope.

I'd take him though.

Emerald
29-07-2012, 09:28 PM
I've heard we are interested in him as he wants a move back to scotland! anybody else heard about this?

:flag:

I thought he was busy with the Olympic diving team just now. :greengrin

blaikie
29-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Needs must, experienced enough to help bring on Ross Caldwell we could do worse!

IberianHibernian
29-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Remember him being reasonably effective ( if not good ) in SPL 4 or 5 years ago but has he done anything else since then to justify us signing him instead of giving chance to younger player already at Hibs or at other club ? Message seems to be that any player that tries their luck in England will always have the escape route back to Scotland if opportunities dry up in England or injury problems take their toll .

Tricla
29-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Remember him being reasonably effective ( if not good ) in SPL 4 or 5 years ago but has he done anything else since then to justify us signing him instead of giving chance to younger player already at Hibs or at other club ? Message seems to be that any player that tries their luck in England will always have the escape route back to Scotland if opportunities dry up in England or injury problems take their toll .

I thought he was playing in Oz?

Jonnyboy
29-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Think you might be confusing him with Liam Miller

Lee Miller is the ex Aberdeen striker who likes a dive :greengrin

Sir David Gray
29-07-2012, 09:42 PM

No, Carlisle.

He's been with them since the start of last season.

IberianHibernian
29-07-2012, 09:43 PM

You may be right but has he been there all the time since he left SPL ( Hearts , Aberdeen ? can`t remember last SPL team he was at ) ? Was he not at Bristol City and at least one other English club too ?

Vault Boy
29-07-2012, 09:44 PM
The rumours were posted on HibsRumours earlier and seem to be gaining some bulk. I think it's bull, but would be a very good signing IMO. That AgentScotland fella on Twitter has supposedly said we have opened talks.

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Lee Miller last i heard was at carlisle united,along with JP McGovern another scottish lad. With recent events perhaps he might be looking to move nearer to his family for support etc

Postman
29-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Could be a very good option for us, plenty experience

zlatan
:boo hoo:

Heisenberg
The only place ive seen this rumour was on the hibs rumours page. Often means its a load of made up tosh tbh.

Emerald
29-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Lee Miller last i heard was at carlisle united,along with JP McGovern another scottish lad. With recent events perhaps he might be looking to move nearer to his family for support etc

Didn't know he had just lost his young wife. I'll take back my sarcy comment about him and hope he does get a move if that helps him, very sad indeed.

hibeefan95
29-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I remember seeing on SSN that he had went on a decent scoring run. I'd take him. We could do worse! He scored 14 goals in 33 matches last season in npower League 1, that's not too shabby. :aok:

California-Hibs
29-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Would take him in a heart-beat! Could be a great signing for us

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2012, 10:09 PM
This would do for me, he is quite highly thought of down Carlisle way.

hibeemikey21
29-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Was a very handy player at Aberdeen. Can play the target man role very effectively, but is also a goalscorer.I would be very happy with our forwards if we added him.

Heisenberg
29-07-2012, 10:20 PM
We would also have to pay a decent fee for him wouldn't we? Can't see it happening unless we've got someone else lined up to sell.

keep the faith
29-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Would be a decent signing. did he not play and score for st mirren the other day?

Hibeesmad
29-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Would be a decent signing. did he not play and score for st mirren the other day?

Yeah, he scored in a 1-0 victory to Carlisle!

Onceinawhile
29-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Would be a good signing.

LancsHibs
29-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Roumers site says we are also looking at ex QPR striker Jason Vine as alternative to Lee Miller

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Roumers site says we are also looking at ex QPR striker Jason Vine as alternative to Lee Miller

Jason Vine has not done anything since 2005 season, if this was to be true then were really scraping the barrel to get players into our club.

Aldo
29-07-2012, 11:12 PM
His wife died unexpectedly a short while back and like someone mentioned, he has a young family and wants to be nearer his family.

Would be an excellent signing IMHO.

LancsHibs
29-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Jason Vine has not done anything since 2005 season, if this was to be true then were really scraping the barrel to get players into our club.

Hope we get Miller then:greengrin

HoboHarry
29-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Jason Vine doesn't even appear to have a Wiki page.... he must be really *******.... :)

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Hope we get Miller then:greengrin

:thumbsup:me too:na na:

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Jason Vine doesn't even appear to have a Wiki page.... he must be really *******.... :)

Should be Rowan Vine ex Qpr striker m8....

HoboHarry
29-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Should be Rowan Vine ex Qpr striker m8....

Fair enough, never heard of him and I copied the name from other posts...

Spike Mandela
29-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Maybury, Kerr and Miller:confused: Really starting to look as though Fenlon has few original ideas, vision or indeed contacts. Perhaps BB left his target's list lying around.

Tired old names on the football merry go round.:rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
29-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Maybury, Kerr and Miller:confused: Really starting to look as though Fenlon has few original ideas, vision or indeed contacts. Perhaps BB left his target's list lying around.

I think PF is looking to change the culture of the club by first building a team of experienced professionals, before injecting new hungry (maybe inexperienced) players into the side who can flourish within the right environment. The problem is that we just don't have the money (or time) to do all this before the season starts.

Some people have forgotten the size of this rebuild and are instantly expecting a strong winning team on the park that tick all the right boxes it seems (not particularly aimed at you, btw).

QMU-1875
29-07-2012, 11:34 PM

Completely disagree. These are the kind of players which hibs have very rarely signed in the past 3-4 seasons. We have went for players with little experience in the SPL and look how that has turned out. These are the kind of players who know how to play in the SPL and at the moment these are the kind of players we need. Signing players like Claros just isnt going to work this season, players with an idea of how to play in Scotland could potentially change results in the league for the better!

Also forgot to say I'm getting a season ticket tomorrow, if the derby gets changed to an early kick off yous can fire round my flat in leith for a bevvy before the derby?

LeighLoyal
29-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Seems to have done pretty well at Carlisle.

monktonharp
30-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Seems to have done pretty well at Carlisle.hope he keeps on doing well for them

Don Giovanni
30-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Lee Miller would be a good signing IMO.

Strong, good in the air and would certainly be good enough to lead the line in the SPL. I think he would fit Fenlons preferred formation 4-2-3-1 (based on how we've lined up pre-season). Much more mobile than O'Connor ended up last season.

Again, as with Mark Kerr and Alan Maybury, Miller might not be everyone's cup of tea but he would be a better option than what we currently have in the squad - and that's what's important right now.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Would be very happy with him.

He can big a big dominant nasty piece of work that will get in people's faces.

Exactly what we need :agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 06:46 AM
He's the TYPE of player we desperately need. Not seen him play in a long time, so no idea how fit or good he still is, but we need someone to lead the line, someone for Griffiths to play off.

Jones28
30-07-2012, 06:57 AM
He played for Hearts mind...:duck:

Tricla
30-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Think you might be confusing him with Liam Miller

Lee Miller is the ex Aberdeen striker who likes a dive :greengrin

So I have.

No ta then.

Spike Mandela
30-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Completely disagree. These are the kind of players which hibs have very rarely signed in the past 3-4 seasons. We have went for players with little experience in the SPL and look how that has turned out. These are the kind of players who know how to play in the SPL and at the moment these are the kind of players we need. Signing players like Claros just isnt going to work this season, players with an idea of how to play in Scotland could potentially change results in the league for the better!

Also forgot to say I'm getting a season ticket tomorrow, if the derby gets changed to an early kick off yous can fire round my flat in leith for a bevvy before the derby?

Hmmmmm, Micheal Hart, Brian Kerr, Kevin McBride and Darryl Duffy type signings spring to mind but we shall see who we end up with.

Might take you up on that bevvy even if it's a 3pm KO which is looking likely at moment.

brog
30-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Lee Miller, never really thought much of him throughout his career & particularly at one club but he's probably what we need right now. A big hold up ( or fall down ) striker who can bring others, Sparky in particular, into play. I think he also won Carlisle's POTY.
Rowan Vine - was an excellent player & very natural goalscorer ( I saw him a fair bit for Luton ) until he broke a leg ( at QPR ) I think. He's great at creating space in the box but - - - go to the Deek thread & you could pretty much run the same for/against argument re RV. He'd be worth a pay/play contract but wouldn't see PF going beyond that.

DC_Hibs
30-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Miller unlike Maybury and Kerr (why the comparisons?) would be a great signing for Hibs. Unlikely though as I cant see Carlisle letting him go for nowt after the season he just had despite family circumstances.

He is a decent age, on the back of a good season and would give us a presence up front that we have not had for some time and the option to play different formations. As a lone striker he could hold the ball up for Cairney to support. With Griffiths or Doyle partnering he could win his fair share for them to run onto. He also offers more of a goal threat and mobility than Mixu or Brewster who both did well for us.

Rowan Vine is seriously overrated as his goals record shows. One good spell at Luton got him a decent move and he's done nowt since. There's a lot more to Lee Miller's game than goals at least but not sure what Vine brings if he's not going to bang in his fair share. Thankfully we all know the "Rumours" site - sorry about correct spelling - is an absolute joke.

jae
30-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Miller unlike Maybury and Kerr (why the comparisons?) would be a great signing for Hibs. Unlikely though as I cant see Carlisle letting him go for nowt after the season he just had despite family circumstances.

He is a decent age, on the back of a good season and would give us a presence up front that we have not had for some time and the option to play different formations. As a lone striker he could hold the ball up for Cairney to support. With Griffiths or Doyle partnering he could win his fair share for them to run onto. He also offers more of a goal threat and mobility than Mixu or Brewster who both did well for us.

Rowan Vine is seriously overrated as his goals record shows. One good spell at Luton got him a decent move and he's done nowt since. There's a lot more to Lee Miller's game than goals at least but not sure what Vine brings if he's not going to bang in his fair share. Thankfully we all know the "Rumours" site - sorry about correct spelling - is an absolute joke.

Did Rowan Vine not score a couple of goals for St. Johnstone on Saturday playing as a trialist?
If it was him the guys at the game summarising for BBC open all mikes reckoned he would score a barrow-load in the SPL.

California-Hibs
30-07-2012, 08:43 AM
I really really hope there is something in this because the more i think about it the more i'm convinced he'd be a fantastic signing for us! Also, check out his goal scoring record - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Miller_(footballer) Not bad atall! C'mon Hibs :pray:

jae
30-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Vine's two goals here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aIoJzHbbw&feature=plcp

Andy74
30-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Did Rowan Vine not score a couple of goals for St. Johnstone on Saturday playing as a trialist?
If it was him the guys at the game summarising for BBC open all mikes reckoned he would score a barrow-load in the SPL.

A point I was making on another thread. He is mentioned linked to us and he is a huddy who has done nothing for years. St Johnstone have a look at him and a couple of others and they are all supposed to be quality!

J-C
30-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I really really hope there is something in this because the more i think about it the more i'm convinced he'd be a fantastic signing for us! Also, check out his goal scoring record - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Miller_(footballer) Not bad atall! C'mon Hibs :pray:

Yep, 14 goals in 33 games last season, not bad at all, take him in a heart beat, add a bit of balls to the attack.

Aldo
30-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Yep, 14 goals in 33 games last season, not bad at all, take him in a heart beat, add a bit of balls to the attack.

Wouldnae mind his strike partner as well, the boy Zoko I think.

Miller would do a good job for us IMHO.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Miller would be a decent pro to have about the place.

Could see him linking well with Griffiths. 14 goals in 33 isn't a bad return and he's proven in the SPL.

Thecat23
30-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Miller would be a decent pro to have about the place.

Could see him linking well with Griffiths. 14 goals in 33 isn't a bad return and he's proven in the SPL.

Fully agree with this.. I think he's someone who would do well up here again. Someone Leigh can play off.

QMU-1875
30-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Hmmmmm, Micheal Hart, Brian Kerr, Kevin McBride and Darryl Duffy type signings spring to mind but we shall see who we end up with.

Might take you up on that bevvy even if it's a 3pm KO which is looking likely at moment.
Was literally ten minutes after i posted that message that i remembered yogi signing these muppets, still i feel maybury, kerr and miller are of a better standard than these guys with the exception of Hart who i think everyone had high hopes for (turned out to be the worst of the lot though!)

Yea fire round, were on london road you can see easter road from the window literally a five minute walk, will text you on the day, my dads looking at coming aswell will there be any space on the bus for him?

Kaff
30-07-2012, 11:48 AM
A point I was making on another thread. He is mentioned linked to us and he is a huddy who has done nothing for years. St Johnstone have a look at him and a couple of others and they are all supposed to be quality!

As brog said he was good at Luton and got a move to QPR on big wages (circa £20,000 week i think) but broke his leg badly very early on. I think he had 'experimental' work done while recovering, which involved not supporting the broken bone, this seemingly was further damaging and set him back months poss year or two.
Trouble is of course you have a relatively unknown player on a long contract and £20,000 a week no one wants to take him off your hands. He went out on loan several times but never got/was able to get himself fit and ended up a squad player at best at lower league clubs. I think the final part of his contract has been paid up thus being a free agent atm.
My tuppence worth, if we were in St Johnstne's pos ition of relative stability and had a good squad of professionals in place he would be worth a punt but given our recent history of players thinking they are doing us a favour by signing for us then i would rather pass tbh. Lee Miller would do me fine though.

Gatecrasher
30-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Could be a fairly solid signing if it happens.

S4uzee
30-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Vine's two goals here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aIoJzHbbw&feature=plcp
looks very good from those highlights

Speedway
30-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Vine has been offered around every SPL club, by his agent, including us.

Nish has also been offered.

California-Hibs
30-07-2012, 12:47 PM

Do you know if theres anything in the Lee Miller rumour Speedway?

Speedway
30-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Do you know if theres anything in the Lee Miller rumour Speedway?

No, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Pat wants four in this week. Kerr and Maybury are stick ons but I believe that number seven in the squad numbers has been left free on purpose. No idea who for though.

Diclonius
30-07-2012, 12:52 PM

Pat wants four in this week. Kerr and Maybury are stick ons but I believe that number seven in the squad numbers has been left free on purpose. No idea who for though.

Kerr? He was wearing it in training.

scoopyboy
30-07-2012, 12:54 PM

Agreed

Aldo
30-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Agreed

Mon spill the beans. You guys will ken who it's fur or at least have an idea??

HibbyKeith
30-07-2012, 01:01 PM

Oooooooh... ?

MrSmith
30-07-2012, 01:10 PM

I would imagine, given that the SKY/ESPN deal will be confirmed on Friday, that we will find out then who is coming.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2012, 01:24 PM

That's encouraging

Hope he gets who HE wants.

I would welcome Miller though. He would work well with Leigh

Aldo
30-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I would imagine, given that the SKY/ESPN deal will be confirmed on Friday, that we will find out then who is coming.

:-)

hibees 7062
30-07-2012, 02:27 PM
hope he keeps on doing well for them

Surely better than what we have

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Why are people turning their noses up at Miller? A good solid SPL level striker is what we need now until we can bring Caldwell and Doyle on a bit more, what other alternatives are there within our budget is what I would like to know from the people believing he is not good enough for us.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Why are people turning their noses up at Miller? A good solid SPL level striker is what we need now until we can bring Caldwell and Doyle on a bit more, what other alternatives are there within our budget is what I would like to know from the people believing he is not good enough for us.

I dont know the answer to that, i dont even know what our budget is, do you? :confused:

HibbyAndy
30-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Would be delighted if we landed LM, Physical presence, Strong, Excellent in the air and scores goals. Can i see it happening?. No chance IMO.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I dont know the answer to that, i dont even know what our budget is, do you? :confused:

Most likely a player who is on a free transfer or a very small transfer fee and commanding a salary similar to one already in our wage structure?

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Most likely a player who is on a free transfer or a very small transfer fee and commanding a salary similar to one already in our wage structure?

Are there no better players than Miller available in our wage structure?

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Name a few who are available for free or a potential transfer fee for no more than £100k? I am struggling to think of any myself

J-C
30-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Decent enough pro G, we're not gonna be signing world beaters, good solid pro's is what we want, fed up waiting for "loads of potential" type players or very much over the hill ones, or ones with loads of baggage. Lee still has a decent scoring record ( 14 in 33 appearances ) last year aint bad.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Name a few who are available for free or a potential transfer fee for no more than £100k? I am struggling to think of any myself

Its the managers job to bring players in, there will be hundreds of players in our wage bracket being released now. Its the managers job to sort the wheat from the chaff, thats what he's paid to do. Why would i know who's available or not?

J-C
30-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Its the managers job to bring players in, there will be hundreds of players in our wage bracket being released now. Its the managers job to sort the wheat from the chaff, thats what he's paid to do. Why would i know who's available or not?

They may be in our wage bracket but doesn't mean they're any good though.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 03:13 PM

Just the way you asked your last question seemed to suggest you maybe had names in your head is all. Do you personally feel Lee Miller would be a good signing for us in terms of goalscoring ability and professionalism?

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 03:14 PM
They may be in our wage bracket but doesn't mean they're any good though.

Thats why he's paid as well as he is, its part of his job description.

J-C
30-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Thats why he's paid as well as he is, its part of his job description.

Not questioning Fenlon, but with a wage of around £1.5k a week, we're looking at dredging the lower English div 1 and 2 for players that aint good enough for them leagues, it's unfortunately where Scottish football is at G.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Just the way you asked your last question seemed to suggest you maybe had names in your head is all. Do you personally feel Lee Miller would be a good signing for us in terms of goalscoring ability and professionalism?

I have no idea, i'm not paid to look out for players or scout the next Pat Stanton, none of us are? We pay a manager to do this, and just because you or i cant think of many names we could afford, does not mean there are not good enough players out there we can.

Other clubs have been doing it much better than we have recently, and i'd bet you had never heard of half the players they brought in, or if they were within our wage structure?

Andy74
30-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I have no idea, i'm not paid to look out for players or scout the next Pat Stanton, none of us are? We pay a manager to do this, and just because you or i cant think of many names we could afford, does not mean there are not good enough players out there we can.

Other clubs have been doing it much better than we have recently, and i'd bet you had never heard of half the players they brought in, or if they were within our wage structure?

We also don't have a wage structure. We have an overall budget to use as the manager wants.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 03:22 PM
We also don't have a wage structure. We have an overall budget to use as the manager wants.

:agree: yip my mistake.

reversep
30-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Sandaza :wink:

coco mc
30-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Oooooooh... ?
Zeemamma ?

erin go bragh
30-07-2012, 05:09 PM

Nish :cb a big target man, who can hold the ball up :cb

Imagine the Meltdown on here :greengrin

ggtth:greengrin

500miles
30-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Nish :cb a big target man, who can hold the ball up :cb

Imagine the Meltdown on here :greengrin

ggtth:greengrin

BRING THE LADDIE HOME!
COLIN NISH..... ONE OF OUR OWN! :agree:

Steven_Hibs
30-07-2012, 05:31 PM
BRING THE LADDIE HOME!

He's got glue on his studs, glue on his stuuuudddsssss :greengrin:cb

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hope this doesn't happen as Lee Miller is gash!

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2012, 05:46 PM
BRING THE LADDIE HOME!

The only guy in world professional football who gets smaller when he jumps :greengrin

California-Hibs
30-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Hope this doesn't happen as Lee Miller is gash!

Aye, good one. His goal scoring record make's your comment look very silly indeed. Seem him many a time at Easter Road giving our defense a hard time aswel. Good player and a good pro with alot of SPL experience. Bring him in Fenlon!! :agree:

ruthven_raiders
30-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Zeemamma ?

Zemmama and Sandaza would be just what we need creativity in midfield and a proven goalscorer

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Aye, good one. His goal scoring record make's your comment look very silly indeed. Seem him many a time at Easter Road giving our defense a hard time aswel. Good player and a good pro with alot of SPL experience. Bring him in Fenlon!! :agree:

I've seen worse players than Miller giving the Hibs defence the runaround, not really a sound point or argument. Miller avarages about 10 goals per season, half of those are penalties. We hounded out guys like Riordan and GOC for scoring more goals than that. He's still a shocking football player IMO.

Aldo
30-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I've seen worse players than Miller giving the Hibs defence the runaround, not really a sound point or argument. Miller avarages about 10 goals per season, half of those are penalties. We hounded out guys like Riordan and GOC for scoring more goals than that. He's still a shocking football player IMO.

Question..... How did we hound out GOC and Riordan. Sorry but GOC was a bad influence with this drugs stuff and Riordan who has undoubted talent and scored some brilliant goals just didn't work hard enough for the team ENDOF.

I think if Riordan was at his best he wouldn't need a trial let alone a second trial with MK Dons.... Sorry but how the mighty gave fallen

shagpile
30-07-2012, 06:18 PM

A shocking footballer still playing at a reasonable level one might say.
Unlike Riordan. 28years of age & basically on the scrap heap. I also fail to see how O'Connor was 'hounded out'? Riordan either for that matter.

marinello59
30-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Rubbish. We were much more forgiving with those two as some considered them ''one of our own.''

Billychaotic182
30-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Tbh I think this is a load o bull! Just like the McFadden thread! Just like the Stephen McManus thread and just like the Kevin Thomson one last year! We don't sign names like Them.

andrew70
30-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Craig Forsyth on loan from Watford. 😉 A player we were linked with before his move down south from Dundee IIRC.
Also Sandaza, Maybury and a foreign midfielder are names I am being told by a youth player. Not sure as to how he'd know anything but just passing on the info

Heisenberg
30-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Craig Forsyth on loan from Watford. 😉 A player we were linked with before his move down south from Dundee IIRC.
Also Sandaza, Maybury and a foreign midfielder are names I am being told by a youth player. Not sure as to how he'd know anything but just passing on the info

If we signed these guys I would be most pleased. Can't see it happening on our budget though.

SteveHFC
30-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Craig Forsyth on loan from Watford.  A player we were linked with before his move down south from Dundee IIRC.

I would be happy with that. http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/th_5khma8.png

rcarter1
30-07-2012, 08:55 PM
If we signed these guys I would be most pleased. Can't see it happening on our budget though.

Funny though about the budget, cause there are teams around us (and way better) with half or less the season tickets we have sold already..

Heisenberg
30-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Funny though about the budget, cause there are teams around us (and way better) with half or less the season tickets we have sold already..

But they haven't spent the past few seasons raking up the debts on diddy managers and players...

marinello59
30-07-2012, 09:02 PM

Aye, because our previous managers didn't spend wisely. That doesn't alter the fact that we have a tight budget to adhere to now. If Pat Fenlon buys well we will overhaul those other teams. Looking at what our rivals have brought in a top six finish is realistic.

andrew70
30-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Sandaza can't have been on much at St J. At least in terms of what we can offer. Maybury is without a club and I doubt he'll be hard to deal with. Forsyth, is by all accounts a good player but unwanted by Zola at Watford and I know nothing of the foreign midfielder although I read elsewhere we have a couple of Nigerians on trial so that may be a link.

truehibernian
30-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Craig Forsyth on loan from Watford.  A player we were linked with before his move down south from Dundee IIRC.

Can't see that one happening......CF has had a very good first season down there. They've had a change of manager but Forsyth is a very talented player and would fit in nicely with Zola's footballing style. Hibs really should have acted fast when he came on the scene - I remember highlighting him on here after I saw him play for Dundee and was impressed by just how confident a midfielder he was and how strong.

I'd like Hibs to keep their eyes on a young Falkirk player called Craig Sibbald - very young but huge talent. Had a bad injury however if he progresses as quickly as I think he will, what a great player someone will have on their hands. And I rate our own Alex Harris - a little bit older but similarly talented.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-07-2012, 09:16 PM

Hmmmm interesting not got too much background on Craig Forsyth but the others would be very welcomed

andrew70
30-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Can't see that one happening......CF has had a very good first season down there. They've had a change of manager but Forsyth is a very talented player and would fit in nicely with Zola's footballing style. Hibs really should have acted fast when he came on the scene - I remember highlighting him on here after I saw him play for Dundee and was impressed by just how confident a midfielder he was and how strong.

I'd like Hibs to keep their eyes on a young Falkirk player called Craig Sibbald - very young but huge talent. Had a bad injury however if he progresses as quickly as I think he will, what a great player someone will have on their hands. And I rate our own Alex Harris - a little bit older but similarly talented.

In the case of Forsyth, I was surprised to hear his name mentioned but then you only have to look at the players Watford are signing or attempting to sign to understand why he may be forced out.

'Boozy' is and will be a class player for Hibs. I do think we'll play alot more youngsters this season especially if we get off to a good start. Pat Fenlon is impressed with our academy and had our situation been different at the end of last season I believe he would've played them then but I think he was trying to protect their confidence.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm interesting not got too much background on Craig Forsyth but the others would be very welcomed

Not another player saga?

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 10:28 PM

:agree: Especially a foreign midfielder, :wink::greengrin

Heisenberg
30-07-2012, 10:31 PM
:agree: Especially a foreign midfielder, :wink::greengrin

Heard he's got great potential...

Aldo
30-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Heard he's got great potential...

?????

Heisenberg
30-07-2012, 10:46 PM
?????

Apologies, seems I've mislead you. Meant as a joke, dont actually have any inside knowledge unfortunately!