PDA

View Full Version : St Johns Chippy ( Corstorphine)

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2012, 06:20 PM
After operating as a chip shop for 32 years, the St Johns is changing its take away food offering to take away sandwiches, pastries, pasta's, salads and stone baked pizzas along with drinks and coffee etc! Really surprised at this and wonder is the chip shop business so much in decline that they have decided to move in another direction.
The queues at the BarBQue along the road are still as big as ever so they don't appear to be suffering.

easty
29-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Thats probably the closest chippy to my house. The BBQ is a better chippy, that said though I rarely have a chippy these days. Can't remember the last time actually.

aazza91
29-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Used to deliver for the St Johns and still fairly pally with the owner. Pizza's and Pasta's where always the main business for them including the restaurant, much more popular than the fried food. Also personally think he just wanted a change as he had the same routine all the time.

One bonus is it now sells Luca's ice cream!

WeAreHibs
30-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Thats probably the closest chippy to my house. The BBQ is a better chippy, that said though I rarely have a chippy these days. Can't remember the last time actually.

I drive past the BBQ to go to the St Johns. Different strokes....................

jodjam
31-07-2012, 05:37 AM
i ken Anwar the owner thru our daughters. Spoke to him couple weeks back and , like everywhere, times are hard. Good to see he's trying something else. Hope it works out.

aazza91
31-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Spoke to him yesterday and lunch time was very busy he was saying. New menu's will be out soon.