PDA

View Full Version : Still planning to buy a season ticket?

Emerald
29-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Is there anyone who has not yet done so, still planning to buy a season ticket? It would be nice to know that we have a load more still to come but I fear that will not be the case.

Or if you are still undecided what would tempt you?

Allant1981
29-07-2012, 06:23 PM
I still dunno what im doing this year, i really cant get motivated to watch spl football this year, l much preferred away games last season so not sure

Cocaine&Caviar
29-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybury & Kerr certainly won't tempt me. Whereas the prospect of Stanton, Handling, Caldwell & Smith in the first team might.

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I'd like to but being in Aberdeen - won't get the value so I'm not sure ..... I wish there was a scheme where the Hibbie Dispora could buy season tickets for their use... but when we can't get to edinburgh they would be re-used for other hibbies maybe from charities or schools to get bums on seats .... this could help ? I did email the club with a suggestion about this..

We had people coming all over the world from Australia etc for the cup final - could we not get some kind of scheme where our remote fans could buy into a season ticket .. and we get reuse for local edinburgh people if needed .. Whether there is a rebate to the season ticket holder or points on re-use not sure ..

I could buy one, but would like to be able to ensure that it is used if I can't get down to Edinburgh .. I'll leave it for others to think if there is any merit in this kind of thing ?????

GGTTH :pfgwa

Mark79
29-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Im not renewing. Too many years of absolute drivel. Nothing pre season to inspire me either. Neither kerr or maybury are the answer.

Hibs need to be the ones spending to entice us and not asking us to spend first.

Just my opinion.

Col2
29-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Reversed my set in stone decision not to renew and we renewed on Friday (2 x adults). Nobody on the queue and got my seats when I thought they may have gone. Rollercoaster to come but club needs us big time.

Keith_M
29-07-2012, 06:50 PM
What's the difference between a club finishing in the top half of the table and enjoying it's greatest ever win against it's biggest rivals, winning the Cup in the progress....

and

.....a team just avoiding relegation and suffering it's worst ever defeat, in a Cup Final, against it's greatest rivals?

Apparently, it's 1,200 Season Tickets.

Latest figures for STs

Hearts 8,300
Hibs 7,100

I thought, considering the circumstances above and them being the Big Team, the difference would have been a lot more?

:dunno:

Hibs Class
29-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Reversed my set in stone decision not to renew and we renewed on Friday (2 x adults). Nobody on the queue and got my seats when I thought they may have gone. Rollercoaster to come but club needs us big time.

We renewed last weekend once it was confirmed that sevco were in D3. Our seat from last season were gone and looking at what was available (East centre) there were not that many seats left so looked like a decent take-up. We're still fairly central, and a little closer to the pitch - looking forward to a hun-free season now.

Andy74
29-07-2012, 07:19 PM
I see Kerr and Maybury have become the latest excuse then!

Steve20
29-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Im not renewing. Too many years of absolute drivel. Nothing pre season to inspire me either. Neither kerr or maybury are the answer.

Hibs need to be the ones spending to entice us and not asking us to spend first.

Just my opinion.

Spot on.

jws1875
29-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Can't renew even with the pay half now and pay half later i cannot afford to this season will be at as many games as i can though :hibees

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 07:38 PM
I see Kerr and Maybury have become the latest excuse then!

It is ridiculous that people are looking for any excuse to say no to buying a season ticket. Maybury is a solid versatile defender with experience, although I'm not sold on Kerr he could be a good squad player and also has bags of SPL experience. The team won't get better overnight and needs fans to buy season tickets to see the improvements made, making up excuses for not buying a season ticket does nothing to help our team.

Bobby's Cinema
29-07-2012, 08:04 PM
It is ridiculous that people are looking for any excuse to say no to buying a season ticket. Maybury is a solid versatile defender with experience, although I'm not sold on Kerr he could be a good squad player and also has bags of SPL experience. The team won't get better overnight and needs fans to buy season tickets to see the improvements made, making up excuses for not buying a season ticket does nothing to help our team.
It's not about excuses. And Hibernian supporters not renewing certainly don't need any

Makaveli
29-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Me +2, sorting funds this week.

Emerald
29-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Me +2, sorting funds this week.

Fantastic, now only another 2,897 to go. Anyone else?

Nevi1875
29-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Me + 2 on tuesday

GGTTH

Saorsa
29-07-2012, 08:11 PM
It is ridiculous that people are looking for any excuse to say no to buying a season ticket. Maybury is a solid versatile defender with experience, although I'm not sold on Kerr he could be a good squad player and also has bags of SPL experience. The team won't get better overnight and needs fans to buy season tickets to see the improvements made, making up excuses for not buying a season ticket does nothing to help our team.If only everybody could get they 170 quid tickets :wink:

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 08:16 PM
If only everybody could get they 170 quid tickets :wink:

Mine was £95 :wink:

To be fair there are more reasons to vote with your feet and not back the team by buying a season ticket, I've just seen people shift the goalposts on here regarding buying season tickets and it has kind of miffed me off. The ST should be cheaper than £405 anyway then we might be selling more.

down-the-slope
29-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Remember Friday is the deadline for the 50/50 renewal deal....

SunshineOnLeith
29-07-2012, 08:48 PM
I was going to buy one once Rangers were in Div 3, but ultimately £405 is far, far too expensive for SPL football, over £20 a game, if you make every game, which I wouldn't (no real interest in going to lunchtime kickoffs).

I'd never really looked into the pricing until the Rangers situation was resolved so it was a bit of a shock to discover how expensive it is!

marinello59
29-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I was going to buy one once Rangers were in Div 3, but ultimately £405 is far, far too expensive for SPL football, over £20 a game, if you make every game, which I wouldn't (no real interest in going to lunchtime kickoffs).

I'd never really looked into the pricing until the Rangers situation was resolved so it was a bit of a shock to discover how expensive it is!

There were plenty promising to buy season tickets if "sporting integrity " was upheld. I wonder how many of those shouting the loudest actually did.
( This is in no way a dig at yourself, we all have our own financial priorities. Fitba will rarely be at the top.)

hibs0666
29-07-2012, 09:11 PM
It's looking increasingly like Hibs might have made a big error in listening to the 'wishes' of supporters.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2012, 09:15 PM

Is the east stand not £380?

Postman
29-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Maybury & Kerr certainly won't tempt me. Whereas the prospect of Stanton, Handling, Caldwell & Smith in the first team might.

Just answer no then as using two potential signings as a reason not to is quite simply ridiculous! The youngsters may well feature plenty this year so how exactly could this tempt you? PF need to sit down with you before the first game and outline which games he will use them in??

Postman
29-07-2012, 09:22 PM

Adult season tickets start at £355 I believe

Postman
29-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Is the east stand not £380?

With a family ticket it is

Mikey
29-07-2012, 09:25 PM
It's looking increasingly like Hibs might have made a big error in listening to the 'wishes' of supporters.

It certainly makes it a lot less likely that "fan power" will stop any reconstruction that will propel Sevco up the leagues next summer.

Hiber-nation
29-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Sorry, that's laughable. Being fed up with watching utter pish and seeing journeymen on trial who are no better than what we already have is a very valid reason, not an excuse.

Jonnyboy
29-07-2012, 09:30 PM

There's every chance you'll get both

That enough to change your mind? :wink:

marinello59
29-07-2012, 09:32 PM

I hope not. There is no point in fans patting themselves on the back and celebrating the triumph of fan power if they don't make good on their promises to support a post Huns SPL financially. If we don't then Traynor and cos jibes about keyboard protestors will be proved correct.

Postman
29-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Sorry, that's laughable. Being fed up with watching utter pish and seeing journeymen on trial who are no better than what we already have is a very valid reason, not an excuse.

On a very tight budget who exactly are you expecting Hibs to afford? They are also only 'on trial' as you point out and if they're no better than what we have then they won't be kept on, is that not the way it works??

Fishtank
29-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Renewed after year off.

Hiber-nation
29-07-2012, 09:50 PM
On a very tight budget who exactly are you expecting Hibs to afford? They are also only 'on trial' as you point out and if they're no better than what we have then they won't be kept on, is that not the way it works??

They're not exactly the type of players we need when we're crying out for creativity.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2012, 09:52 PM
If you support Hibs and can afford a season ticket then get one, if you can't afford one but still want to support the team then PATG whenever you can it's as simple as that. If you only support them when they're doing well, sign players that you like or because you think withdrawing your support proves a point then stay at home you won't be missed.

Postman
29-07-2012, 10:00 PM
They're not exactly the type of players we need when we're crying out for creativity.

I agree we need creativity but within our budget who do you suggest? I do however feel that we also need these areas replaced but having been away and not seen the game at the weekend have no idea how these two look

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 10:01 PM

Wotherspoon, Cairney, Sproule, Kujabi not creative enough? :confused:

The days of Sauzee and Latapy etc are long gone and we need to live within the means of a budget, which is ultimately determined by how many STs we sell. Kerr and Maybury are within the budget and will hopefully solidify the team in the soft-shelled defensive midfield area where Kerr plays and Maybury will give us cover across the back with his experience. All we really need is a striker with experience on top of a defensive midfielder which might be Kerr and hopefully Maybury.

Young boys are coming through as well, so to claim we don't have creative players is ludicrous.

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I agree we need creativity but within our budget who do you suggest? I do however feel that we also need these areas replaced but having been away and not seen the game at the weekend have no idea how these two look

Maybury looks good and physical, will be an important player, might not play every game if he is signed but will do a good job.

Kerr looked suspect when going forward, it might be a lack of games and training though, I'm sure his experience will help us in the short term as he has been a good SPL standard player for his career.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2012, 10:07 PM

How do you work that out? Crowds are down because we have been pish, crowds would have dropped even more had sevco been allowed to stay in the SPL, who has not renewed who said they would if justice was done?

marinello59
29-07-2012, 10:14 PM
How do you work that out? Crowds are down because we have been pish, crowds would have dropped even more had sevco been allowed to stay in the SPL, who has not renewed who said they would if justice was done?

It wasn't just people saying they would renew BH. It was people saying that they would attend more games home and away. Sporting integrity was the over riding factor . Full marks for fan power victory but it is no victory if we don't keep our side of the bargain. It's easy to say what we won't do if we don't get our way. Surely we aren't going to be exposed as spineless after all by reneging on our side of the deal?

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Wotherspoon, Cairney, Sproule, Kujabi not creative enough? :confused:

The days of Sauzee and Latapy etc are long gone and we need to live within the means of a budget, which is ultimately determined by how many STs we sell. Kerr and Maybury are within the budget and will hopefully solidify the team in the soft-shelled defensive midfield area where Kerr plays and Maybury will give us cover across the back with his experience. All we really need is a striker with experience on top of a defensive midfielder which might be Kerr and hopefully Maybury.

Young boys are coming through as well, so to claim we don't have creative players is ludicrous.

We do have younger players that are just as good but lack experience,Maybury and Kerr are no better than what we have coming through 1 year deal would be our best option.

We signed some rubbish over last few years Thicot,Thornhill,Scott i'd rather we signed some older pro's who have been their and done it. Its about PF taking his time and making sure theyre right for Hibs and that he gets the right mix of youth and journeymen.

hibs0666
29-07-2012, 10:19 PM

I haven't seen a mad rush to buy season tickets.

joe breezy
29-07-2012, 10:23 PM
There were plenty promising to buy season tickets if "sporting integrity " was upheld. I wonder how many of those shouting the loudest actually did.
( This is in no way a dig at yourself, we all have our own financial priorities. Fitba will rarely be at the top.)

I joined the Hibernians as there is no sense in me buying a season ticket

I might also buy 2 kicks for kids season tickets

It would be good if people can maybe try and do a bit more than usual to support the club but everyone's finances are unique to them

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2012, 10:26 PM
It wasn't just people saying they would renew BH. It was people saying that they would attend more games home and away. Sporting integrity was the over riding factor . Full marks for fan power victory but it is no victory if we don't keep our side of the bargain. It's easy to say what we won't do if we don't get our way. Surely we aren't going to be exposed as spineless after all by reneging on our side of the deal?

I have no idea how many said this, have you two? I dont for one minute think our crowds will rise this season, i expect them to fall again. I have no way of knowing how many said they'd attend more games, will it be enough to make up for the shortfall in folk who have given up? :dunno:

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 10:26 PM

If all the games were back on a sat again i'd be right out to get a season ticket once again but there's no point with the amount of games played on sundays for tv. I can't go sundays as i have other commitments. Paying for tickets or at the gate suits me better.:agree:

marinello59
29-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I have no idea how many said this, have you two? I dont for one minute think our crowds will rise this season, i expect them to fall again. I have no way of knowing how many said they'd attend more games, will it be enough to make up for the shortfall in folk who have given up? :dunno:
I have no idea.:greengrin
What I do know is the number of people saying they won't renew because the Fitba is pish, is on the wrong day, is too expensive etc on here far outnumbers the few who have said they will renew now that Sevco are in SFL3 .

ChooseLife
29-07-2012, 10:42 PM

Just get someone to go through the whole Rangers administration thread and find the posts of those claiming to buy STs, then we can start the finger pointing :greengrin

archiebald
29-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Got mine Friday :flag::flag::cb

Saorsa
29-07-2012, 10:52 PM
( This is in no way a dig at yourself, we all have our own financial priorities. Fitba will rarely be at the top.):wink:

hibeedonald
29-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Still undecided, had one when i was 12-16 when i went with my dad, now i'm 18 and about to go university, pretty skint as it is, none of my friends are getting one so ill be going myself, could probably just afford it though

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Still undecided, had one when i was 12-16 when i went with my dad, now i'm 18 and about to go university, pretty skint as it is, none of my friends are getting one so ill be going myself, could probably just afford it though

FF Lower is £95, absolute bargain, I go to games myself now and it's not a problem :aok:

QMU-1875
29-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Getting mine tomorrow! First season ticket for about 4 years so just looking forward to knowing il be at easter road for all the home games again!

:flag:

Lucius Apuleius
30-07-2012, 05:32 AM
What does jump out at me is the number of folk saying they will not even be going to games because we are pish. That is fine, it is their prerogative. Only thing I would then ask is they **** off away from Hibs net when games are on so as we can actually get some updates without all the negative pish. Just IMO of course.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 06:20 AM
I have no idea.:greengrin
What I do know is the number of people saying they won't renew because the Fitba is pish, is on the wrong day, is too expensive etc on here far outnumbers the few who have said they will renew now that Sevco are in SFL3 .

It should be easy enough to do, i keep reading its only a small amount of the same people who are hijacking every thread, to spout their negativity. A quick count up on the rangers in administration thread should give the amount you are looking for. :wink:

marinello59
30-07-2012, 06:33 AM
It should be easy enough to do, i keep reading its only a small amount of the same people who are hijacking every thread, to spout their negativity. A quick count up on the rangers in administration thread should give the amount you are looking for. :wink:

So it was the hibs.net Rangers in Administration thread wot done it? :greengrin. This place is more powerful than I thought.:wink:

Just Alf
30-07-2012, 06:38 AM

No sure the words "quick count" and "rangers administration thread" can go together in the same sentence! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 06:44 AM
No sure the words "quick count" and "rangers administration thread" can go together in the same sentence! :greengrin

I put you forward as the official counter for the, I wont be back unless ( give reason ) I await your results, have them ready by 5pm please. :wink:

Just Alf
30-07-2012, 06:48 AM
I put you forward as the official counter for the, I wont be back unless ( give reason ) I await your results, have them ready by 5pm please. :wink:

Aaaaargh! :-(

Hiber-nation
30-07-2012, 07:57 AM

I've seen other SPL clubs who pay lower wages than us (supposedly) signing some good creative players over the past few seasons (Hayes, McGowan, Shiels, Law, Humphrey). PF must obviously be well aware of this and I thought even with our budget he'd manage to unearth a diamond from somewhere although I haven't seen Cairney yet so here's hoping...