PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dundee united. Team (merged)

Hibeesmad
29-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Who would you play next week?

Who I would go for:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Cairney
Stevenson

Sproule
Wotherspoon
Doyle

Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
O' hanlon
Kujabi
Claros
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

dmc1875
29-07-2012, 01:53 AM

Who I would go for:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Cairney
Stevenson

Sproule
Wotherspoon
Doyle

Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
O' hanlon
Kujabi
Claros
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

I think the team will be something like this:

Williams
Clancy-------McPake------Stephens-----Hanlon

Claros (kerr if signed) Stevenson

Sproule-----------Wotherspoon------------Cairney

Griffiths

Subs: Antell, Stanton, Caldwell, Handling, Maybury, Claros, Kujabi

...And we'll get pumped 3-0 :wink:

IWasThere2016
29-07-2012, 04:58 AM
I think we'll have new faces.

I'm thinking we won't sign anyone til after 31 July eg the new financial year; and the income/profit on Ozzy will go into the old year. We will have poor trading results and any new signings - eg new cost - will be deferred.

If these new faces are just Kerr and Maybury then I think we'll lose. We need more upfront and the midfield. I hear StJ's three trialist - including CF (Roland Vine, ex QPR) and LM (Ryan Donaldson, ex NUFC) were excellent. Why we are not looking at similar is beyond me .. Maybe we are but you'd hope they get a game as a trialist yesterday.

A sideways passing CM, and a FB wouldn't be my priorities - and I hope their not PF's in the next 7 days!

Hopefully the Arabs have heavy legs and a few injuries after their game v Dinamo Moscow on Thursday night.

MSK
29-07-2012, 07:17 AM

I'm thinking we won't sign anyone til after 31 July eg the new financial year; and the income/profit on Ozzy will go into the old year. We will have poor trading results and any new signings - eg new cost - will be deferred.

If these new faces are just Kerr and Maybury then I think we'll lose. We need more upfront and the midfield. I hear StJ's three trialist - including CF (Roland Vine, ex QPR) and LM (Ryan Donaldson, ex NUFC) were excellent. Why we are not looking at similar is beyond me .. Maybe we are but you'd hope they get a game as a trialist yesterday.

A sideways passing CM, and a FB wouldn't be my priorities - and I hope their not PF's in the next 7 days!

Hopefully the Arabs have heavy legs and a few injuries after their game v Dinamo Moscow on Thursday night.Rowan Vine ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine

Gala Foxes
29-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Yesterdays team with Cairney for Claros & Maybury for Stephens

erin go bragh
29-07-2012, 08:54 AM
------------------------------------Williams---------------------------------------

--------------Clancy----------------Mcpake----------Hanlon--------------------

--Sproule----------------------------------------------------------Kugabi/Booth-------

-----------------Claros---------Kerr/new s--------------Stevenson--------------------

---------------------------------------------Cairney-------------------------------

-------------------------------Griffiths---------------------------------------------

ggtth

hibsbollah
29-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Brave new world :agree:

Williams
Clancy McPake Stephens Smith
Stanton Cairney Claros Kujabi
Griffiths Caldwell

number9dream
29-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Selecting teams and formations is a bit of fun for budding fantasy managers but there is not going to be any great departure from the XI that started yesterday.
That was four centre-halves across the back, two water-carriers, three guys deemed not good enough for last season's appalling midfield and a guy who can't head the ball as a lone striker.
I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Maybury and partnered Clancy with McPake.
I reckon Hanlon should be central instead with Booth in the team but that aint going to happen any time soon...

My two cents worth- Juve-style back three could work a treat, not sure Sproule is wing-back material though and centre mid is pretty powder puff...

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon
Sproule Cairney Claros Wotherspoon Booth
Griffiths Caldwell

GreenOnions
29-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see Cairney start too as he looks like he could be our main creative player even at this early stage. However, if he does, I don't think it will be at the expense of one of our holding players. More likely to be for Wotherspoon or Doyle IMO.

Heisenberg
29-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Fenlon said there is only one or two positions hes unsure of for the game so id guess it'll be the same apart from Cairney in for Doyle and if signed Kerr/Maybury into their respective positions.

Macaroon
29-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Who I would go for:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Booth

Cairney
Stevenson

Sproule
Wotherspoon
Doyle

Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
O' hanlon
Kujabi
Claros
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

Cairney and Stevenson in holding midfield!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

hibeefan95
29-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd go for:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Stephens
Hanlon

Claros
Stevenson/Kerr

Sproule
Wotherspoon
Cairney

Griffiths

The_Horde
29-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Probably be

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Maybury

.........Stevenson Claros

Sproule......Cairney......Doyle/Wspoon

...............Griffiths

SMAXXA
29-07-2012, 12:16 PM
With yesterday being our last competitive match before the season I would imagine it won't be too dissimilar. Cairney for doyle and that would be it. Don't understand when people that recon booth in and hanlon in the middle. Only way I see hanlon back in their if mayburry comes in at lb.

Also am no keen on this 1 up front crap, go a solid 442 with doyle or caldwell with griff, sproule claros, stevenson and carney across the middle and same back 4 from yest.

That's until we bring in some better players.

erin go bragh
29-07-2012, 12:45 PM
;3307293']Probably be

...............Griffiths
Are we allowed to play anyman save :greengrin

ggtth

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-07-2012, 01:10 PM
So very worried about next Sunday.

By the looks of pre-season Paddy really likes Lewis in the middle. This really worries me as I don't know what he is going to give the team. Lewis and Claros will score no goals all year, and will be lucky if they have assists either. They will get destroyed by most/all midfields this year.

How Paddy has failed to see our staggering lack of width is also a problem, it was obvious when he arrived and was painful at hampden. Still not addressed.

We don't have any real attacking options like 'get the ball wide then put crosses in' or 'allow our big striker to hold it allowing midfield to get up'.

I am desperate for Fenlon to succeed. But how can these things not be looked at?? I don't understand.

I know exactly what is going to happen, Mackay Stevens, Flood and Russell will terrorise us out wide and big Daly will hold the ball up excellently allowing Rankin and Ryan to look like Xavi and Iniesta, and the new Polish keeper will never be tested.

This is as positive as I can be.

SteveHFC
29-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Hanlon

Sproule
Kerr
Stanton
Cairney

Caldwell
Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
O'Hanlon
Claros
Stevenson
Handling
Doyle
Wotherspoon

Northernhibee
29-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Williams
Clancy McPake Stephens Hanlon
Stevenson Kerr
Sproule W'spoon Cairney
Griffiths

Subs: Antell, Maybury, Booth, Claros, Stanton, Doyle, Caldwell

J-C
29-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Hate this 2 holding midfielders carry on, too negative for me.

Williams

Maybury Clancy McPake Hanlon

Claros

Sproule Kerr Cairney Kujabi/Booth

Griffiths

danhibees1875
29-07-2012, 01:29 PM
;3307293']Probably be

...............Griffiths

If he have Maybury then. :agree:

If not, I'd like to see Booth back in there(but I can't see it happening).

sixtwo
29-07-2012, 01:38 PM
This thread is making me feel very sad. The lack of quality in every area is depressing. This is the worst squad I can remember. Worse than last years and that was the poorest since 1998!
The board need to act fast a nd get a couple of decent signings in now. I fear we are in for another long hard season.

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Selecting teams and formations is a bit of fun for budding fantasy managers but there is not going to be any great departure from the XI that started yesterday.
That was four centre-halves across the back, two water-carriers, three guys deemed not good enough for last season's appalling midfield and a guy who can't head the ball as a lone striker.
I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Maybury and partnered Clancy with McPake.
I reckon Hanlon should be central instead with Booth at LB but that aint going to happen any time soon...

Exactly, weve played more or less the entire pre-season with a 4231 formation to get the players used to it, and we arent going to change it against one of the best teams in the league.

If Maybury and Kerr sign they may well come into the team, but otherwise I think it will be the same team that started against Huddersfield.

skipster7
29-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I honestly think if Stephens is seen as a starter then we are well and truly donald ducked.

----------------------------williams-------------------------------------

clancy------------mcpake---------hanlon--------maybury

-----spoony----------claros---cairney---stanton-----------

--------------------doyle-------griffiths----------------

subs: stevenson,caldwell,kujabi,booth,ohanlon

Northernhibee
29-07-2012, 02:08 PM

By the looks of pre-season Paddy really likes Lewis in the middle. This really worries me as I don't know what he is going to give the team. Lewis and Claros will score no goals all year, and will be lucky if they have assists either. They will get destroyed by most/all midfields this year.

How Paddy has failed to see our staggering lack of width is also a problem, it was obvious when he arrived and was painful at hampden. Still not addressed.

We don't have any real attacking options like 'get the ball wide then put crosses in' or 'allow our big striker to hold it allowing midfield to get up'.

I am desperate for Fenlon to succeed. But how can these things not be looked at?? I don't understand.

I know exactly what is going to happen, Mackay Stevens, Flood and Russell will terrorise us out wide and big Daly will hold the ball up excellently allowing Rankin and Ryan to look like Xavi and Iniesta, and the new Polish keeper will never be tested.

I tend to think that PF has addressed our main issue from the last two seasons, a total lack of responsibility and leadership. Our new goalie doesn't shut up and takes responsibility, McPake, Clancy and if we get him Maybury will take charge at the back and ensure we aren't going to give away weak goals and also help youngsters like Stephens, Hanlon etc. when they need support.

Cairney looks as if he can take a man on, and Kerr if we get him is also vocal and brings SPL experience.

Truth be told in terms of technical ability, there wasn't a massive deal of difference on 19th May. The reason we got thumped was every single Hearts player took responsibility and they had leaders in the team who would not accept mistakes or poor performance and wouldn't back down. 100% guaranteed that if one of their players had got grief from one of their fans they wouldn't have replied "To be honest I couldn't give a ****".

This coming season is about rebuilding a foundation.

IWasThere2016
29-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Don't go there please!!

yekimevol
29-07-2012, 02:51 PM
-------------------Williams

Clancy-------McPake------Stephens-----Hanlon

------------Cairney-------Stevenson

Griffiths-----------Wotherspoon------------Sproule

------------------Caldwell

FT 2-1 hibs

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-07-2012, 03:00 PM
I tend to think that PF has addressed our main issue from the last two seasons, a total lack of responsibility and leadership. Our new goalie doesn't shut up and takes responsibility, McPake, Clancy and if we get him Maybury will take charge at the back and ensure we aren't going to give away weak goals and also help youngsters like Stephens, Hanlon etc. when they need support.

Cairney looks as if he can take a man on, and Kerr if we get him is also vocal and brings SPL experience.

Truth be told in terms of technical ability, there wasn't a massive deal of difference on 19th May. The reason we got thumped was every single Hearts player took responsibility and they had leaders in the team who would not accept mistakes or poor performance and wouldn't back down. 100% guaranteed that if one of their players had got grief from one of their fans they wouldn't have replied "To be honest I couldn't give a ****".

This coming season is about rebuilding a foundation.

I suppose that was partly the reason.

From watching it, I thought the main reason was our strikers/midfielders couldn't hold the ball up and retain it, we had no width which Hearts exploited with aplomb. Both these things, Hearts had in abundance. Both those things we still have not looked at.
I agree, we have addressed leadership (hopefully) and have now rid ourselves of any poor attitudes.

Northernhibee
29-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I suppose that was partly the reason.

From watching it, I thought the main reason was our strikers/midfielders couldn't hold the ball up and retain it, we had no width which Hearts exploited with aplomb. Both these things, Hearts had in abundance. Both those things we still have not looked at.
I agree, we have addressed leadership (hopefully) and have now rid ourselves of any poor attitudes.

I think that the way we have played and our formation will help with retention, having three advanced midfielders and a couple of holding midfielders behind will give us enough options to pass the ball around the opposition half.

We do need another leader like Kerr and probably one other in the midfield for this to be effective though.

I don't think we'll be as bad as others fear on here, but we'll be lucky to beat Dundee United.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2012, 03:07 PM

That looks so accurate its depressing. I hope you are wrong.

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Claros
Stevenson
Cairney
Sproule
Wotherspoon

Griffiths

Subs ... Caldwell, Stephens, Stanton, Kijabi, Booth

FT .... 3 - 0

yeezus.
29-07-2012, 03:10 PM
------------------------------------Williams---------------------------------------

--------------Clancy----------------Mcpake----------Hanlon--------------------

--Sproule----------------------------------------------------------Kugabi/Booth-------

-----------------Claros---------Kerr/new s--------------Stevenson--------------------

---------------------------------------------Cairney-------------------------------

-------------------------------Griffiths---------------------------------------------

ggtth

Very good shout.

scoopyboy
29-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Brave new world :agree:

Williams
Clancy McPake Stephens Smith
Stanton Cairney Claros Kujabi
Griffiths Caldwell

Your choice of Smith at left back is strange.

Heisenberg
29-07-2012, 03:36 PM
If we sign Maybury + Kerr then I'd think we'll look something like this

Williams

Maybury
Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon

Kerr
Stevenson

Cairney
Wotherspoon
Sproule

Griffiths

3pm
29-07-2012, 05:39 PM
If Maybury signs I'd get him in either FB posotion so Clancy or Hanlon can play CB...therefore freeing Stephens to play Centre Forward.

I'd have Doyle on the right, Cairney on the left.

hibsbollah
29-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Your choice of Smith at left back is strange.

I want to see some new faces, basically:greengrin

If we're going to persevere with Kujabi id like to see him left midfield. I dont like Hanlon at left back, and the only time ive seen Smith he looked good, and seems to be getting plaudits, no? :dunno:

Speedway
29-07-2012, 06:08 PM

If we're going to persevere with Kujabi id like to see him left midfield. I dont like Hanlon at left back, and the only time ive seen Smith he looked good, and seems to be getting plaudits, no? :dunno:

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Naysmith

Claros
Kerr

Sproule
Cairney
Griffiths

Sheridan

scoopyboy
29-07-2012, 06:11 PM

I really rate Scott Smith but can't see him featuring on Sunday.

Came back from close season too heavy and for that reason wasn't taken on the pre season tour.

He got a one year contract and that wasn't the best way to start it.

I think the back four will be Clancy, McPake, Stephens, Hanlon but I would rather it was Clancy, McPake, Hanlon, A.N.Other.

Wheat Hound
29-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Naysmith

Claros
Kerr

Sproule
Cairney
Griffiths

Sheridan

I like the look of that team but is Naysmith not on the verge of signing for the sheep? Is Sheridan a free agent or is he still contracted to CSKA Sofia ?

erin go bragh
29-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Naysmith:cb

Claros
Kerr

Sproule
Cairney
Griffiths

Sheridan
Spill the beans Speedway :cb
Would take Naysmith and Sheridan .

ggtth

hibsbollah
29-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I really rate Scott Smith but can't see him featuring on Sunday.

Came back from close season too heavy and for that reason wasn't taken on the pre season tour.

He got a one year contract and that wasn't the best way to start it.

I think the back four will be Clancy, McPake, Stephens, Hanlon but I would rather it was Clancy, McPake, Hanlon, A.N.Other.

I never knew he'd been at the pies, cheers :aok:

Spoony tweeted about stuffing his face with chicken nuggets last season iirc. Collins would be having a fit.

muirhousehibby
29-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Hanlon

Sproule
Kerr
Stanton
Cairney

Caldwell
Griffiths

Subs:
Antell
O'Hanlon
Claros
Stevenson
Handling
Doyle
Wotherspoon

Williams

Maybury McPake Clancy Hanlon

Sproule Wotherspoon Stevenson Cairney

Caldwell Griffiths

Midfield for me is our biggest problem no matter who goes in there from the squad its never going to be as strong as i'd like it to be.

Clancy for me at right back for me is a no no!:agree: i'd like to see Hanlon in Centre Mid.

dmc1875
29-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Naysmith

Claros
Kerr

Sproule
Cairney
Griffiths

Sheridan

Know something we don't? :wink:

Judas Iscariot
29-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Booth

Claros
Kerr

Sproule
Wotherspoon
Cairney

Griffiths

Andy74
29-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Hopefully the Arabs have heavy legs and a few injuries after their game v Dinamo Moscow on Thursday night.

Wow. All of that was a surprise. You're scraping the bottom of things to criticise about when comparing trialists.

JohnStephens91
29-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Williams

Clancy - Stephens - McPake - Hanlon

Stevenson - Claros

Sproule - Cairney - Wotherspoon

Griffiths

Subs: Antell, Maybury, Handling, Stanton, Doyle, Caldwell, Kujabi

McPake6
31-07-2012, 12:20 AM
------------------------------Williams----------------------------------

Clancy-------------Mcpake----------------Stephens--------------Hanlon

Wotherspoon-------Claros--------------Craig Forsyth*------------Sproule

-----------------------------Caldwell----------------------------------
-----------------------------Griffiths----------------------------------
*If signed on loan from Watford
Subs
Antell
Maybury
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Cairney
Kujabi
Doyle

hibeefan95
31-07-2012, 12:27 AM
------------------------------Williams----------------------------------

Clancy-------------Mcpake----------------Stephens--------------Hanlon

Wotherspoon-------Claros--------------Craig Forsyth*------------Sproule

-----------------------------Caldwell----------------------------------
-----------------------------Griffiths----------------------------------
*If signed on loan from Watford
Subs
Antell
Maybury
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Cairney
Kujabi
Doyle

I'd like to see Cairney start the game.

GGTTH07
31-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Who's Craig?

McPake6
31-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Who's Craig?

Seen on Hibs rumous that he is coming on loan, i know they post s***e but they seemed quite certain bout this one

Diclonius
31-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Williams

Clancy McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Claros Stevenson Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

That is a grim team.

JohnStephens91
31-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Williams

Claros - Stevenson

Sproule - Cairney - Doyle

Griffiths

If we sign Maybury I'd have him at RB and move Clancy to partner McPake

AlbertK86
31-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I would rather go 442 but that ain't happening.

However my team with a 442 would be

Williams

Maybury
Clancy
McPake
Hanlon

Stanton
Cairney
Claros
Handling

Caldwell
Griffiths

Subs

Antell
Stephens
Booth
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
Sproule
Doyle

Very weak 18 so we need more in ASAP

Brightside
31-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Its a sin if Hanlon is going to be stuck at Left Back this season. Waste of a good cb.

1875 NO 1
31-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Its a sin if Hanlon is going to be stuck at Left Back this season. Waste of a good cb.

Hanlon has to prove hez a good CH. For me not aggressive, strong, nasty enough and can't read the game.

Brightside
31-07-2012, 07:12 AM
i wont get into this again. But he's 22 yo. Proved last year how effective he can be with McPake next to him, and he's a million miles better than Stephens. We must have another squad player that can be an attacking left back

AlbertK86
31-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Hanlon has to prove hez a good CH. For me not aggressive, strong, nasty enough and can't read the game.

100% correct

PeterboroHibee
31-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Williams

Claros - Stevenson

Sproule - Cairney - Doyle

Griffiths

If we sign Maybury I'd have him at RB and move Clancy to partner McPake

As things stand I imagine thats almost spot on. Any new signings might change things, but its going to be more or less the same team that was put out against Huddersfield. Cairney would be the only change from that team (in for Wotherspoon), and with Uniteds midfield likely to dominate most of the game, I imagine he would be a better fit that Spoony.

fit o' the walk
31-07-2012, 07:57 AM
EVERY one of the teams mentioned makes sad reading,can't believe we are days away from the new season and we only have three new faces from last terms DISGRACE !!

Piqué
31-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Williams

Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - Kujabi

Claros - Stevenson

Sproule - Wotherspoon - Cairney

Griffiths

Not too happy with Kujabi at left back but I would imagine Cairney will cut in a fair bit so we need someone to provide the width.

Wotherspoon could be hit or miss there behind the striker too but he needs a chance in his natural position.

Would have liked one of Caldwell or Doyle up top but I would rather pack the midfield with the current squad we have,

Northernhibee
31-07-2012, 09:03 AM
EVERY one of the teams mentioned makes sad reading,can't believe we are days away from the new season and we only have three new faces from last terms DISGRACE !!

When you post random words in capital letters, it makes your point at least four times more valid. :agree:

Franck Stanton
31-07-2012, 01:25 PM
--------------------------Williams-----------------

Maybury-----McPake--------Clancy---------Kujabi

------------------Kerr---------Hanlon------------

----Sproule-----------Wotherspoon-------Cairney

---------------------Griffiths----------------------

Thats if Fenlon sticks with a 4-2-3-1 formation

I would go with a 4-4-2 myself as we dont have the personell just now to play 1 up front on his own.

IWasThere2016
31-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow. All of that was a surprise. You're scraping the bottom of things to criticise about when comparing trialists.

:faf: nae mare than you spraffing pish. Have you not said yersel' Maybury's not a proirity. And I've stated that Kerr isn't good enough IMHO.

Andy74
31-07-2012, 04:00 PM
:faf: nae mare than you spraffing pish. Have you not said yersel' Maybury's not a proirity. And I've stated that Kerr isn't good enough IMHO.

I don't think those particular players are priorities, just opportunities if they can be worked in, which is rather the point.

Anyway, if a non Tayside team, like Hibs, had those players St Johnstone had in for trial I'm fairly sure you would be the first to be calling it desperate and a failed transfer policy. Their backgrounds are not exactly glowing and yet you are wondering why we aren't looking at similar. Typical of seeing everything good in whatever anyone else does and only bad in what we do.

I also didn't think you were in favour of losing quality like they have this summer and replacing them with inferior players?

HibbyAndy
31-07-2012, 04:08 PM
How about 3-5-2 :dunno:

With Mcpake Hanlon and Clancy the back 3 and a midfield 5 off Cairney, Lewis,Claros, Ivan, Wotherspoon with (Insert new signing like Lee Miller) and Griffiths as the front 2 :dunno:

Wotherspoon and Ivan can work as wing backs to help out in defence?.

It worked under Mcleish having a back 3:greengrin

dmc1875
31-07-2012, 04:20 PM
How about 3-5-2 :dunno:

With Mcpake Hanlon and Clancy the back 3 and a midfield 5 off Cairney, Lewis,Claros, Ivan, Wotherspoon with (Insert new signing like Lee Miller) and Griffiths as the front 2 :dunno:

Wotherspoon and Ivan can work as wing backs to help out in defence?.

It worked under Mcleish having a back 3:greengrin

A back three of sauzee, laursen and fenwick though wasnt it??

With Matty Jack as defensive mid and latapy, lovell, o'niell et al in midfield...

God how I wish we still had a team with half that ability! :agree:

HibbyAndy
31-07-2012, 04:23 PM

With Matty Jack as defensive mid and latapy, lovell, o'niell et al in midfield...

Spot on mate. Started that 00/01 season in tremendous form and let hardly any goals in to begin with.

What a team we had in that era.

sesoim
31-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd play a 3-5-2. I think Wotherspoon and Booth would be most effective as wingbacks, and our central defence is so shaky that maybe a sweeper system is worth a try (so there is always a bit of cover for slip-ups). I've put Hanlon in midfield because he looks decent on the ball but he isn't strong enough or reliable enough to play in defence. I've left a few spaces for new signings because I simply can't believe we will start the new season with such a lack of decent options (we had a better team in the First Division), but we'll see.

---------------------------Willlams----------------
-------------Clancy--------McPake----------N/S
Wotherspoon---Cairney---Hanlon--------N/S------Booth
----------------------Griffith---N/S--------------

And Sproule should only, EVER, be a sub. That's what he was when he scored a hat trick at Rangers and turned round numerous games for us in 2005-07. His pace is only useful against tired legs.

andrew70
31-07-2012, 09:25 PM
With a few signings(imminent I hope)

I'd go with:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Claros
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Forsyth
Griffiths

Sandaza

sahib
31-07-2012, 09:37 PM
With a few signings(imminent I hope)

I'd go with:

Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Claros
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Forsyth
Griffiths

Sandaza

Every post on here wants signings - I don't care they are usually as bad or worse than we had previously. Let's see what the "grim" boys can do.

skipster7
31-07-2012, 10:10 PM

gary smith with laursen left wing back and lovell rwb:agree:

IWasThere2016
31-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't think those particular players are priorities, just opportunities if they can be worked in, which is rather the point.

Anyway, if a non Tayside team, like Hibs, had those players St Johnstone had in for trial I'm fairly sure you would be the first to be calling it desperate and a failed transfer policy. Their backgrounds are not exactly glowing and yet you are wondering why we aren't looking at similar. Typical of seeing everything good in whatever anyone else does and only bad in what we do.

I also didn't think you were in favour of losing quality like they have this summer and replacing them with inferior players?

Oh dear. The three trialists were RM, LM and a CF - IMHO priority positions for us.

Borderhibbie76
31-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Dont know why people keep selecting booth, he has hardly featured for god knows how long and clearly wont be starting on Sunday!! And selecting sandaza...never gonna happen unfortunately.

McKenzie
31-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Dont know why people keep selecting booth, he has hardly featured for god knows how long and clearly wont be starting on Sunday!! And selecting sandaza...never gonna happen unfortunately.

Wishful thinking I suppose. People trying to block out the image of Kubaji wearing a Hibs shirt ever again