PDA

View Full Version : Programme

hibsfan
28-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I couldn't make the game today - early thoughts on the new programme design?

Makaveli
28-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I actually really liked it.

£2.50 for 30 pages with no internal ads (only Crabbies inside front and Puma inside back). Good to see.

The layout was refreshingly clean IMO, and with good content for a pre-season game: match reports from the tour, U20s tournament, Hibs ladies update, Hibs kids bit, opponents, Nick Colgan interview, Joe McBride tribute and a decent little section about old programmes.

Also three full page pictures with space for autographs - I used to love them when I was younger. It seems obvious that most people buying programmes are either going to be getting them for kids or are interested in the format; having the pictures for the kids to have signed and looking back at classic programmes caters to both. As a bairn I also used to like a wordsearch/crossword or whatever, surely it would take seconds to rattle one up on a computer.

I stopped buying programmes habitually a few seasons when I felt they became crap and littered with ads. Fair play to those involved... this was much better. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Do we sell many programmes these days, are there still collectors out there? I seem to remember a while back the programme was slimmed down to a few pages, and sold quite cheaply maybe a £1?

When growing up as a boy, a programme was a must, i used to read it front to back a dozen times before the game and at home.

Good to see it looks like a good one this season, might even get one myself?