PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams

johncrobertson@
28-07-2012, 04:08 PM
After all the challenges we have had with keepers - what were people's thoughts on Williams today?

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 04:14 PM
After all the challenges we have had with keepers - what were people's thoughts on Williams today?

Looks solid enough. Got MOTM today, although not sure why?? I did miss the first 10 minutes but he was fairly untroubled :confused:

lucky
28-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Had 2/3 saves early on but for me looks solid

Matt92
28-07-2012, 04:31 PM
He was very, very vocal and kept the defence on their toes.

He honestly didn't shut up for more than 5 seconds at a time barking orders at all the back 4, had good communication for passbacks etc and gave I think Clancy a total bollocking for the 2nd goal.
He did well with the saves in that they were absolutely thumped at him so no danger he would catch.

All in all a decent performance but MOTM? :confused::confused:

Billy Whizz
28-07-2012, 04:33 PM
He was very, very vocal and kept the defence on their toes.

He honestly didn't shut up for more than 5 seconds at a time barking orders at all the back 4, had good communication for passbacks etc and gave I think Clancy a total bollocking for the 2nd goal.
He did well with the saves in that they were absolutely thumped at him so no danger he would catch.

All in all a decent performance but MOTM? :confused::confused:

I think he probably got it for his good 2/3 saves in the 1st half

sbell1875
28-07-2012, 04:37 PM
I have to say I am happy with Williams in between the sticks. The first goal was the defence sleeping allowing a high ball to come over and the second goal was a very nice finish by Scannell who was by a mile the best player on show. He looks solid enough and I fear he will have to be with young Antell in reserve.

My mate at work is an East Stirlingshire fan who speaks very highly of Antell. He has said that without him last year they could have quite easily have conceded double the number of goals they did.

Andy74
28-07-2012, 04:41 PM
One good thing - he clapped the fans at the end. Griffiths and Fenlon did too. The rest largely did their usual disappearing act.

silverhibee
28-07-2012, 04:58 PM
One good thing - he clapped the fans at the end. Griffiths and Fenlon did too. The rest largely did their usual disappearing act.

See we are still clapping opposition players of the park, i just don't get this, if the manager say's we need to get rid of the soft touch at the club, then clapping other teams players of the park will have too stop.

SRHibs
28-07-2012, 05:02 PM
See we are still clapping opposition players of the park, i just don't get this, if the manager say's we need to get rid of the soft touch at the club, then clapping other teams players of the park will have too stop.

There's nothing wrong with being sporting. I wouldn't class that as 'soft'.

marinello59
28-07-2012, 05:11 PM

Are you being serious? Showing a bit of class is far from being soft. Are we only supposed to behave like lowlife louts at the fitba? :devil:

hibeefan95
28-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm impressed with what I've seen of him so far. He made a couple of decent saves early on.

Gala Foxes
28-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Vocal, comes off his line, 2 good parries early on, looks confident - good start

Emerald
28-07-2012, 05:42 PM
The thing I liked most about him was his use of the ball. I hope the days are gone when a Hibs keeper lumps it up the park at every opportunity and 95% of the time loses us possession. He created a platform for attack very quickly nearly every time he had the ball. Much much better than what we had, although its early days.

Badabing
28-07-2012, 05:44 PM

I clapped the boy Scannell off the pitch today. It was a friendly and he came as close to entertainment as we get at ER these days.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I have been impressed with all his performances to date, good talker, good shot stopper and good distribution....He will do for me.