PDA

View Full Version : Clancy

Mango Man
28-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Not seen any of the pre season games, does he look a player?

:flag:

BigBamba
28-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Only managed to see him today, looked good and composed. Had a nice bit of skill near the end of the game.

Capt Mainwaring
28-07-2012, 03:48 PM

Thought he played well at Right Back today. Solid, no nonsense and he got himself forward a few times. No worries that he will be a good signing for us

lucky
28-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Seen him at East Fide and he was better at CH. Today was poorish in the first half but fairly decent second half. Think he will add to the team.

Golden Bear
28-07-2012, 05:09 PM
First time I've seen the guy but after today's performance the jury is still out.

East Coast Hibe
28-07-2012, 05:23 PM
First time I've seen the guy but after today's performance the jury is still out.
Agree
I think he was posted missing at the 2nd goal ?

Golden Bear
28-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Agree
I think he was posted missing at the 2nd goal ?

:agree:

He was trotting back after we lost possession in the Huddersfield half.

Early days though.

hibeefan95
28-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I thought he was ok today. He flicked the ball on well for Sproule a couple of times.

Zemamma10
28-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Solid if unspectacular, should be a decent enough signing, great skill on the byeline towards the end.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I like him, looks solid at the back, is good going forward, can deliver decent crosses and can take free-kicks, as we saw at East Fife.

Hamish
28-07-2012, 07:12 PM
:agree:

He was trotting back after we lost possession in the Huddersfield half.

Early days though.

Certainly the skipper thought so, told him in no uncertain terms. Stephens didn't cover himself in glory at the goal either though.

pedroorange1875
28-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Certainly the skipper thought so, told him in no uncertain terms. Stephens didn't cover himself in glory at the goal either though.

Bit harsh as Scannell will destroy far better players than Stephens, i think we forget he is inexperienced and young, Mcpake and Clancy may well bring him on. Clancy was more at fault anyway

Don Giovanni
29-07-2012, 12:27 PM
TBH I thought Clancy was terrible in the first half yesterday. The Huddersfield left winger (Scannell?) was giving him a roasting in the first half with his quick feet and he was caught out of position a couple of times as well. He did improve in the second half (no coincidence that Scannell was subbed) but not impressed with him and Stephens on the right side of defence. The two goals in particular were a shambles.

We'll need to do better in that area next Sunday or the pace and movement of MacKay-Stevens and Jonny Russell will hurt us.