PDA

View Full Version : Taking a 1 year old to game today.

Ritchie
28-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking of taking my 18 month old boy to his first game today.

How much will his ticket be?

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 09:32 AM

From experience, you won't last the 90 minutes.:wink:

TamHibs
28-07-2012, 09:37 AM
It'll be £5 but yeah you probably won't get to see the full 90

Andy74
28-07-2012, 09:48 AM

I didn't get charged until my daughter was old enough to walk through the turnstile. Just carry in and tell the kid will be on your knee.

Take plenty to do and eat and you'll be fine.

Ritchie
28-07-2012, 09:51 AM
From experience, you won't last the 90 minutes.:wink:

That might not be a bad thing..... :greengrin

Kris1875
28-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I took my 3 year old girl to east fife and she lasted til halftime before getting fidgety I'll be taking her today too just to see how she does at ER , as long as you don't mind not seeing too much of the game you'll be fine .

Bob Box Fish
28-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Poor thing

Cocaine&Caviar
28-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Seriously, whats the point?

Cabbage East
28-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Why would you take a one year old to the football?

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 11:00 AM

He'll never forgive you.

You do realize this? :wink:

Andy74
28-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Getting to go to the game when you'd otherwise be landed with kid duties elsewhere.

I doubt its to entertain the kid!

Judas Iscariot
28-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Why are you so offended by this?

Andy74
28-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Why are you so offended by this?

Aye. Let's put people off that need to bring a child with them or they cant come. That'll help our gates!

I can only imagine these folk don't have kids or have wives that don't care about being landed with them every weekend!

Cauld Bovril
28-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I started taking my boy when he was 3 and he always got restless about half time. He`d play games on my phone for the second half. He`s a season ticket holder now. Get them in young before the glory hunting pals have an influence on them, does no harm at all.

andy1875
28-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Take the bairn along mate and see how it goes. I waited until my daughter was 4 and she enjoyed it. Cost me a fortune mind when you add in a strip/programme (must have as a momento as first game) and pizza/juice.

Well worth getting them hooked early on. Hibs kids deal also great value at £10 and will be getting form today whilst at the game.

Hope you have a great day.

Cheers

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Well, how did it go? I bet you are home early.:greengrin

Wilson
28-07-2012, 03:09 PM

Bet he got fidgety and restless and wanted to leave by half time.

Doubt the kid had much fun either.

leggeto
28-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Bet he got fidgety and restless and wanted to leave by half time.

Doubt the kid had much fun either.

its a 1 year old he is not going to look up and say dad this is murder take me home,thats what dummies are for:flag:

Calasandro
28-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Ritchie, I bet he behaved better than you did!!! :na na:

Ritchie
30-07-2012, 09:16 AM

spending time with my son doing something that will no doubt be a big part of his life like it is mine..... aye, you're right... what is the point! :dunno:

take it you don't have any children?

it didnt, he went for a nap and woke up grumpy so thought i better postpone his first visit to the theatre of disappointment! :greengrin

Ritchie, I bet he behaved better than you did!!! :na na:

i do not have a clue what you are talking about wee man!

fatbloke
30-07-2012, 04:24 PM
]I'm thinking of taking my 18 month old boy [/B]to his first game today.

Should this be a Child Protection matter? :greengrin

Jim44
30-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Some folk will do anything to get a bairn to sleep.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 06:36 PM
spending time with my son doing something that will no doubt be a big part of his life like it is mine..... aye, you're right... what is the point! :dunno:

take it you don't have any children?

Why are you in no doubt it'll be a big part of his life, when he's still only 1? Perhaps it's up to him to decide if he's interested in football and, if so, who he wants to support, when he's old enough to do so.

marinello59
30-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Why are you in no doubt it'll be a big part of his life, when he's still only 1? Perhaps it's up to him to decide if he's interested in football and, if so, who he wants to support, when he's old enough to do so.

Geezus. Proud Dad takes pleasure in spending time with his son and gets sniped at. I despair.

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Geezus. Proud Dad takes pleasure in spending time with his son and gets sniped at. I despair.

If I ever have a child I'd spend time with him/her at the football, how else do you get interested in it as well. Eventually it will become like taking your child to the park and I think it's nice to see a thread about taking an 18 month old child to a game. These kids are the future and for anyone sniping at the dad you should hopefully realise the mistake, just because you wouldn't take a bairn to the football doesn't mean everyone won't.

EH6 Hibby
30-07-2012, 06:53 PM

I agree. What a terrible parent. :rolleyes:

sleeping giant
30-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I first took my son to Easter road on his 4th birthday but ended up leaving at half time as he was greeting that it was his birthday and he wanted to play with his toys.

I took my daughter to a Derby at Easter road when she was 5 and she fell asleep across my legs.

Took her back last season and 65BD stopped and told her the last time he seen her she was snoring.
Mortified is an understatement :-)

sleeping giant
30-07-2012, 06:55 PM

You are at the wind up eh

Pretty Boy
30-07-2012, 07:38 PM

I agree.

I started going to the football when I was about 3. ER with my mum and grandad when Hibs were at home and to watch my Dad in the EOS league when Hibs were away. When my old man hung up his boots then I went to away games as well.

Never forgiven my parents for getting me hooked on Hibs. Shocking parenting akin to child abuse.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 09:40 PM

I'm not sniping at anyone: I'm just saying we can't decide for our children what they will or won't be interested in, even if we'd like to. We love them for who they are, not whether they like the same things as we do or not, and I'm sure that's also true of the op.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree. What a terrible parent. :rolleyes:

See my post #30.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 09:49 PM
You are at the wind up eh

Why must I be on the wind up to suggest that you can't assume a child will do exactly what a parent would like them to do? My son did turn out to be interested in football and to support Hibs, but I didn't know that when he was one year old, nor assume that would be the case.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree.

I started going to the football when I was about 3. ER with my mum and grandad when Hibs were at home and to watch my Dad in the EOS league when Hibs were away. When my old man hung up his boots then I went to away games as well.
Never forgiven my parents for getting me hooked on Hibs. Shocking parenting akin to child abuse.

That's fine but I'm sure they would still have loved you if it had turned out that you weren't interested in football (and, surprise, surprise, not every child is). And, before anyone starts, NO, I'm NOT suggesting the op doesn't love his son, of course he does.

It's great doing things you enjoy with your children, but parents have to be prepared for the fact that their child may have different interests to them, as they grow up.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Because its a fathers duty to take his children to watch Hibs, and make sure they suffer like we do.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Because its a fathers duty to take his children to watch Hibs, and make sure they suffer like we do.

:greengrin

The sins of the father and all that.

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 10:37 PM
:greengrin

The sins of the father and all that.

That was the answer i got from my dad, when i asked him why i was a Hibs fan. :greengrin

snooky
31-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I didn't get charged until my daughter was old enough to walk through the turnstile. Just carry in and tell the kid will be on your knee.

Take plenty to do and eat and you'll be fine.

But what about the kid?

:stirrer: