PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Murray Davidson

Tonez
27-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Watched the Saints last night as my cousin plays for them. I thought Murray Davidson had a good game against a more technical gifted team. Ran his heart out battled for Everthing and talked to his team mates throughout the game. Not sure what kind of contract he's on but would be well worth a look if it where possible. The saints battled well last night and should have had a couple of more goals.

Thoughts?

muzzhfc
27-07-2012, 11:52 PM
hes up there as a player we should sign. but wheres the money going to come from? i think we wont be making any more signings until we know more about the devil tv deal. and they wont be players we pay money for. will be out of contract players. not saying thats a bad thing

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Watched the Saints last night as my cousin plays for them. I thought Murray Davidson had a good game against a more technical gifted team. Ran his heart out battled for Everthing and talked to his team mates throughout the game. Not sure what kind of contract he's on but would be well worth a look if it where possible. The saints battled well last night and should have had a couple of more goals.

Thoughts?

Who is your cousin :wink:

.Sean.
28-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Is his cousin not a footballer aswell.

Jim44
28-07-2012, 12:14 AM
According to a SJ fan I know, MD's ambitions lie far beyond Easter Road. This ties in with what I've heard in this area (where he comes from). I don't think he'd give us the time of day. Good player 'tho.

hibee92
28-07-2012, 01:55 AM
He is a very good player, I've seen him a good few times and he's been linked with some clubs higher up than us in terms of wages etc. But he is still at St.Js. He is definitely worth a bid and if we lose out because of a championship club or someone around that level then fair enough, at least we see the calibre we need.

Summary: Bid please.

bigwheel
28-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Er.....Murray Davidson is developing into one the best midfielders in the League....he is way out of our price range now.....definitely a good player though, but no chance of him signing for us when he leaves St J,,,,perhaps in a few years when he heads back north....

Part/Time Supporter
28-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Thoughts? Hibs missed the bus when he was at Livingston. Typical of their mostly crap transfer dealings since John Park went to Celtic.

brydekirk
28-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Thoughts? Hibs missed the bus when he was at Livingston. Typical of their mostly crap transfer dealings since John Park went to Celtic.

100% correct.

Tonez
28-07-2012, 11:27 AM

Murray & my cousin were team mates at Livi. I didn't think he was all that great back then but he has certainly become a cracking player now in my opinion.

East Coast Hibe
28-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Murray & my cousin were team mates at Livi. I didn't think he was all that great back then but he has certainly become a cracking player now in my opinion.
I watched Murray come through at Livingston and thought he always had potential. He would have joined Hibs in a heartbeat back then.

I take it your cousin joined SJ at the same time then ?

Tonez
28-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Er.....Murray Davidson is developing into one the best midfielders in the League....he is way out of our price range now.....definitely a good player though, but no chance of him signing for us when he leaves St J,,,,perhaps in a few years when he heads back north....

Did we not get any money for Ozzy going back down south?

Tonez
28-07-2012, 12:42 PM
I watched Murray come through at Livingston and thought he always had potential. He would have joined Hibs in a heartbeat back then.

I take it your cousin joined SJ at the same time then ?

No he just signed.

basehibby
28-07-2012, 07:38 PM

:agree: An apparent reluctance to pay out any sort of transfer fees has seen Hibs miss out on a lot of talent from the lower leagues.

Crainey is an example of the sort of hungry up and coming player we should be signing more of. Of course Crainey was signed on a free which is fine from Hibs' POV. But if Hibs are not willing to occasionally splash out a bit of speculatory cash from time to time on these kind of players then most of them will end up elsewhere.

Part/Time Supporter
28-07-2012, 08:04 PM
:agree: An apparent reluctance to pay out any sort of transfer fees has seen Hibs miss out on a lot of talent from the lower leagues.

Crainey is an example of the sort of hungry up and coming player we should be signing more of. Of course Crainey was signed on a free which is fine from Hibs' POV. But if Hibs are not willing to occasionally splash out a bit of speculatory cash from time to time on these kind of players then most of them will end up elsewhere.

Well, apart from Jimmy Scott (?). A similar fee 18 months earlier would have got Davidson.

18/03/07
28-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Iheard that Gary Mackay was his agent at the time he was at Livi,and he was recommended by him to Hibs,he may still be his agent:dunno:

Wheat Hound
28-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Iheard that Gary Mackay was his agent at the time he was at Livi,and he was recommended by him to Hibs,he may still be his agent:dunno:

Gary MacKay was at ER today........does he have any current Hibs players on his books?

scoopyboy
28-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Gary MacKay was at ER today........does he have any current Hibs players on his books?

MD was offered to Hibs for £50,000 when Mixu was in charge, he wasn't interested.

GM has Callum Booth, Paul Hanlon and some young lads on his books.

Tonez
28-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Just been told today the Derek McInnes who took MD to Saints wants to take him down to Bristol City (is that who he now manages) Not a hope in hell he would give us a second thought. Shame as he's going to be a decent player as he matures.

The Saints right back is no a bad player though... :agree:

bigwheel
28-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Did we not get any money for Ozzy going back down south?

Yes, but not enough for Murray Davidson signing on fee, let alone to buy him and find his wages ....

Tonez
28-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Yes, but not enough for Murray Davidson signing on fee, let alone to buy him and find his wages ....

I've a spare £10. We could all chip in and buy him a new pair of boots no.........!?!? :na na:

StevesFamau5
29-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I have asked his brother ross to pursuade him.
When i say ask i mean demand.
When i say persuade i mean threaten.
When i drink i see flying zebras.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2