View Full Version : What did you expect from Hibs.Net?

27-07-2012, 07:17 PM
On the back of the ... What do you expect from Hibs ... thread I was wondering what folk expected from H.Net when they joined it.

I joined this forum not long after the League Cup final in 2007 because it was the first time I had access to a computer.

I have to say I was expecting a place where folk who were committed to the Hibs cause would come together to express their opinions on all things Hibs and to encourage each other in their devotion to the club. I was not daft enough to expect that it would all be happy clapping and did realise that there would be quite a lot of sometimes severe criticism of not only the team on the pitch, but also the people who run the club and sometimes fellow fans.

But I have to admit that for me ( and obviously its only my personal opinion ) I was ( and continue to be ) surprised and disappointed at the number of posters who come onto H.Net not just to give everybody their reasons for stopping going to see Hibs, but to my mind almost try to make a case to other fans that following the club ( I mean by going to games ) is a futile excercise and that they are stupid or deluded suckers for continuing to do so.

If folk have decided to stop watching Hibs thats fine. Its a free country and all that ..... But I have to say that when I come onto H.Net I would like to feel that its a place where active Hibs supporting ( or people who would be active supporters but for circumstances ) fans come together to talk about the club and express their opinions, but with the ethos behind it that they wouldnt turn their backs on the club.

I really dont want, or need, to see lengthy diatribes about why supporting the club any more just aint worth it.

27-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Ltyf! ;)

27-07-2012, 07:36 PM
On the back of the ... What do you expect from Hibs ... thread I was wondering what folk expected from H.Net when they joined it.

I joined this forum not long after the League Cup final in 2007 because it was the first time I had access to a computer.

I have to say I was expecting a place where folk who were committed to the Hibs cause would come together to express their opinions on all things Hibs and to encourage each other in their devotion to the club. I was not daft enough to expect that it would all be happy clapping and did realise that there would be quite a lot of sometimes severe criticism of not only the team on the pitch, but also the people who run the club and sometimes fellow fans.

But I have to admit that for me ( and obviously its only my personal opinion ) I was ( and continue to be ) surprised and disappointed at the number of posters who come onto H.Net not just to give everybody their reasons for stopping going to see Hibs, but to my mind almost try to make a case to other fans that following the club ( I mean by going to games ) is a futile excercise and that they are stupid or deluded suckers for continuing to do so.

If folk have decided to stop watching Hibs thats fine. Its a free country and all that ..... But I have to say that when I come onto H.Net I would like to feel that its a place where active Hibs supporting ( or people who would be active supporters but for circumstances ) fans come together to talk about the club and express their opinions, but with the ethos behind it that they wouldnt turn their backs on the club.

I really dont want, or need, to see lengthy diatribes about why supporting the club any more just aint worth it.

:top marks:top marks:flag::flag:

27-07-2012, 07:42 PM

40 years watching Hibs can and does get to some of us.

27-07-2012, 07:44 PM

I really dont want, or need, to see lengthy diatribes about why supporting the club any more just aint worth it.dinnae read them then!

27-07-2012, 07:56 PM
This thread is pointless.

27-07-2012, 08:10 PM
It's the stress watching Hibs, knowing that we will most likely be even worse than last season, I'm away for a lie doon.

Hibsdeb
27-07-2012, 08:10 PM
:thumbsup:totally agree bovril half of hibs net are just moaning whingers who probably only go to cup finals anyway(plenty keyboard heroes too)if all they have to do is moan and be negative they might as well bugger off.

27-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I expected people tae be able tae post their opinions/thoughts without being lectured by others about what they post and without some people getting their frilly knickers in a twist. If it upsets you :boo hoo: that much dinnae read it!

27-07-2012, 09:00 PM
40 years watching Hibs can and does get to some of us.

I'm considering stopping supporting Hibs now; I'm scared that in 30 years time it's going to turn me into a yam. :greengrin:

28-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I expected people tae be able tae post their opinions/thoughts without being lectured by others about what they post and without some people getting their frilly knickers in a twist. If it upsets you :boo hoo: that much dinnae read it!

Aye .... well theres the rub DD isnt it ........ I can take any amount of lectures about how p1sh Hibs are, theres plenty of Yams out there just dying to give me the bad news.

What I want to know is if a person has decided Hibs aint worth it any more why they think I need to hear about it all the time from them on here. If they have given up ... then do it properly and leave the folk who want to stick by the club to get on with it.

This after all is a forum for Hibs supporters isnt it? If you aint one any more what the hell are you doing on here trying to put other folk off supporting the club.

Thats my opinion / thoughts on this matter ....... I look forward to your lecture.

29-07-2012, 11:07 AM
What do I expect form hibs.net? I use it to hear what the fans think about the games and the team. I don't live in Edinburgh so I only make it to a few games a year and don't get to chat about hibs much. There are some über-fans and some doom merchants but you can skip over those and most of the views are fairly balanced and honest.

There is a lot of moaning going on at the moment but that's because the team hasn't been playing well. When things pick up for the team, the amount of moaning will go down.

I know what you mean about folk coming on and saying they're not going back - its not always constructive but it's relevant to Hibs so I guess it has a place on this board and it's easily ignored if you don't want to read it. For me watching Hibs is a real privilege and I look forward to the few games a year I see. Although I remember having a season ticket under Blobby and I'm sure I did a fair amount of moaning back then. I can relate to the pain so don't mind reading it.

Reading hibs.net also beats Sunday morning tv and. I can't be arsed to go out and get a paper.