PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Stack to the huns

sixtwo
27-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Reports today that stack and Kevin Kyle are keen to move to the third division. Thoughts?

Beefster
27-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Reports today that stack and Kevin Kyle are keen to move to the third division. Thoughts?

Oh oh, this is going to be a right kick in the stanes to those Hibees with Stack man-crushes.....

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Link?

sixtwo
27-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Link?
I think it will be on stv website. I got it on twitter

hibeesjoe
27-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Seen this tweeted by Graham Spiers earlier

Eduardo Hurtado – ‘The Tank’ – apparently happy to come out of retirement and play for Rangers. Just turned 42, still got some mileage…

MrSmith
27-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Wouldn't let it worry you, every agent and their dug will be using the publicity bus to promote their clients ... sad, sad and even sadder than a sad thing that is sad!

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Now officially THE busiest transfer embargo in the world.....EVER. :rolleyes:

SFA laughing stock.

Cocaine&Caviar
27-07-2012, 02:03 PM
One of the most open and proud Catholic players in Scotland?

Northernhibee
27-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Good to see that they've learned their lesson about the whole overspending thing.

I hope that their season ticket sales are disasterous and they end up in admin, like the old club were too.

The fact that Regan and Doncaster are still motoring on is a disgrace. This could not have been handled worse.

grunt
27-07-2012, 02:07 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112719-kevin-kyle-holds-talks-with-rangers-as-club-awaits-scottish-fa-decision/
Kevin Kyle has held talks with Rangers over a possible free transfer move.

The former Hearts striker, who has been training with St Johnstone, expressed an interest in joining the prospective Third Division side earlier this week. STV understands the Scotland international met with club officials on Friday, as he looks to continue his career. Kyle, 31, has struggled with a chronic hip injury which sidelined him for more than a year. His former Hearts team-mates Ian Black and Craig Beattie have been training with Rangers, with the former having already agreed a deal with the club.

It is understood former Hibernian keeper Graham Stack is also keen on moving to Ibrox, having left Easter Road in the summer.

Speaking earlier this week, Kyle said he was keen to sign for Rangers, if they are given Scottish FA membership.
“The physio I am working with knows a few people in football and I asked him if he could get an agent pal to speak to Rangers for me," he said. I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting. "I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division. “I’ve heard nothing back but it’s something I might pursue if nothing happens at St Johnstone.” Kyle started his career with Sunderland, spending time on loan with Huddersfield Town, Rochdale and Darlington before moving to Coventry City in 2006. After five goals in 47 appearances with the Sky Blues, he spent time on loan with Wolves and Hartlepool United before signing for Kilmarnock in 2009. He played 48 times for the Rugby Park side, scoring 18, before a two-year spell with Hearts, in which he netted ten times in 22 appearances.

HibbyAndy
27-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Not our player any more, I really couldn't care, What i do care about is the lack of influx in players heading down Easter rd way.

Sylar
27-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Now officially THE busiest transfer embargo in the world.....EVER. :rolleyes:

SFA laughing stock.

It doesn't kick in until September.

easty
27-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I thought we didnt offer him a new deal? If Rangers want to offer him a wage, then thats fine by me. He has to make a living somewhere.

As for the Huns overspending - at least they're reigning it in a little. Davis, Naismith, Bocanegra, Goain, etc. out and replaced with players on a 10th of the wage like Kyle and Stack.

horseflesh
27-07-2012, 02:15 PM

My thoughts are that they will struggle to get out of Div 3 with that tit in goals

easty
27-07-2012, 02:19 PM
My thoughts are that they will struggle to get out of Div 3 with that tit in goals

You on smack? :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
27-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Yes, i was being ironic.

When is a transfer embargo not a transfer embargo.

The SFA join the SPL in using the most ineffectual punishments in history.

Big Frank
27-07-2012, 02:24 PM
One of the most open and proud Catholic players in Scotland?

nae offense pal,but you should rotate back to the 1980s

givescotlandfreedom
27-07-2012, 02:28 PM
nae offense pal,but you should rotate back to the 1980s

I'm not a catholic or even intrested in that kind of thing but does Stack not cross himself and I'm sure I've heard him refer to his beliefs in interviews which would no dount be an issue for the bigoted new Huns.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-07-2012, 02:31 PM
No complaints if they sign Stack, if that means that they are only recruiting players that they can afford. That is the whole point of how they got where they are now. No doubt that in my mind that they will win the third, the second and the first division in sucessive seasons, but at the end of each season their accounts should be checked and double checked to see that they are not cheating again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm not a catholic or even intrested in that kind of thing but does Stack not cross himself and I'm sure I've heard him refer to his beliefs in interviews which would no dount be an issue for the bigoted new Huns.

Stack and crosses don't go, according to Hibs.net posters:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BarneyK
27-07-2012, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=grunt;3305706]http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/112719-kevin-kyle-holds-talks-with-rangers-as-club-awaits-scottish-fa-decision/
...Speaking earlier this week, Kyle said he was keen to sign for Rangers, if they are given Scottish FA membership.
“The physio I am working with knows a few people in football and I asked him if he could get an agent pal to speak to Rangers for me," he said. I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting. "I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division. “QUOTE]

What a bizarre statement...so your body possibly can't hack a season in the SPL then Kevin? Good luck with that Saint Johnstone trial then...

FitbaFolkKen
27-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Not our player any more, I really couldn't care, What i do care about is the lack of influx in players heading down Easter rd way.

Agree with this, it's not like he will be back to haunt us any time soon. In fact probably the best thing to happen is for Rangers to sign a load of players at inflated wages and the realise "the peepul" have lost interest after a couple of weeks in the third because they are either hammering everyone and it is boring.....or that they are rubbish and aren't actually hammering everyone.

I think the hardest times for rangers are ahead.... I hope :greengrin

heretoday
27-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Stack to Rangers? A marriage made in heaven. Unpleasant sod.

ginger_rice
27-07-2012, 03:05 PM

He could of course be Church of England I've seen quite a few high church members do that down south, at the end of the day there's only one place in Scotland that appears to be a problem...and it's not Easter Road

marinello59
27-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Plenty of non-Catholics do the crossing themselves thing anyway.....they rarely get it right but they try. :greengrin
To be honest though I would leave any talk about his religion to them. Nobody else cares in the slightest.

Caversham Green
27-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Plenty of non-Catholics do the crossing themselves thing anyway.....they rarely get it right but they try. :greengrin
To be honest though I would leave any talk about his religion to them. Nobody else cares in the slightest.

He will be the first ROI international ever to sign for them though. :devil:

neilmartinrocks
27-07-2012, 03:34 PM
He could of course be Church of England I've seen quite a few high church members do that down south, at the end of the day there's only one place in Scotland that appears to be a problem...and it's not Easter Road

Der hun dont have a problem signing kaffliks as such, its just the home grown variety they have a problem with.

ginger_rice
27-07-2012, 03:42 PM
He will be the first ROI international ever to sign for them though. :devil:

I reckon it's just his agent trying to drum up interest, happens all the time, make out that a players is willing to go to certain club in order to make clubs who are interested, but not 100% sure, think that if they don't make a move they'll lose out.

Offside Trap
27-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Personally I find it quite gratifying that someone no longer deemed good enough for Hibs is now being suggested in the media as a key signing for the Huns. Oh how the mighty have fallen....:smug:

woody47
27-07-2012, 06:52 PM

None :)

Really don't care where ex players end up and TBH to go down to a third division team is really screaming desparation.

As an aside, wonder if we will loan any of our under 17's down ipox way :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
27-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Lets hope we don't get Rangers in the cup this year if there signings get approved they'll have a better team than us. SFA need to hold strong and the sale off assets need to be looked at £5.5Mil nowhere near enough money paid IMO

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2012, 06:58 PM
He will have found his level

Heisenberg
27-07-2012, 06:59 PM
I think some of these guys are just taking advantage of the situation and are looking to get themselves back into the public eye and noticed within the footballing world again. No danger will Stack be playing for Rangers next season IMO.

IWasThere2016
27-07-2012, 07:12 PM

I'm hearing ya Andy :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Think we will see lots of huddies who are left on the scrapheap wanting to join newco.....

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Heard from my nephew - lives in Preston but a convert (getting the new Hibs top with his first ever wage) - that Stack was training with North End a couple of weeks ago. Dunno what came of it.

Barney McGrew
27-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Heard from my nephew - lives in Preston but a convert (getting the new Hibs top with his first ever wage) - that Stack was training with North End a couple of weeks ago. Dunno what came of it.

Nothing as yet. He's back in Edinburgh doing a preseason by himself now.

zlatan
27-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Not that it bothers me in the slightest but their goalies next season will be Alexander and then a couple of youngsters in reserve.

DH1875
27-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Seen this tweeted by Graham Spiers earlier

Eduardo Hurtado – ‘The Tank’ – apparently happy to come out of retirement and play for Rangers. Just turned 42, still got some mileage…

Some mileage left? He didn't even have any when he was with us. If their that desperate for players then I'll play for them for £5k a week. Not like I would be much worse than the tank would it :faf:.

Which raises the question, what's the point :confused::confused:.

Not that it bothers me in the slightest but their goalies next season will be Alexander and then a couple of youngsters in reserve.

Spot on. Why would they sign Stack when they've got Alexander, especially for 3rd and 2nd division football. That's just down right stupid :confused:.

jamieross
27-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Its comments like Kyles and Savages etc that are totally disrepectful to teams/players in the 3rd. Aye, theyre no great teams but itll no be a walk in the park. Hope they struggle to get promotion :agree:

Lungo--Drom
28-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Yep :agree: so might as well help it along...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bLFO4ZV0i4

Oh oh, this is going to be a right kick in the stanes to those Hibees with Stack man-crushes.....

Bostonhibby
28-07-2012, 07:17 AM

:agree: Jeez, maybe Stack is just scared of vampires? They don't come out for crosses either.

ManBearPig
30-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Any news on what's to become of Stack? My ten year old step son worshipped him as only player to give him some time chat and sign an autograph or two. Always seemed a gent and I thought a decent keeper if not perfect.

Aldo
30-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Any news on what's to become of Stack? My ten year old step son worshipped him as only player to give him some time chat and sign an autograph or two. Always seemed a gent and I thought a decent keeper if not perfect.

Currently on trial at Watford.

ManBearPig
30-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Jesus this thread must've bypassed me my laddie will be annoyed considering his alligences many moons ago were with the great unwashed.

SMAXXA
30-07-2012, 04:05 PM

I spoke to him on friday and he said there wasnt anything in the Huns chat, he did say it would interest him though as he weants to stay up here as his kids are at school and settled etc