PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 2 v 2 Huddersfield

Pages : [1] 2

Golden Bear
27-07-2012, 10:52 AM
A wee reminder that tomorrow's game kicks off at 2pm.

I would have been heading in for a 3pm kick off if I hadn't noticed the time on the official site.

kaimendhibs
27-07-2012, 11:32 AM
A wee reminder that tomorrow's game kicks off at 2pm.

I would have been heading in for a 3pm kick off if I hadn't noticed the time on the official site.

Cheers mate. So was I till saw your post!

Zondervan
27-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Same here. Wonder why not 3pm?

green&left
27-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Also assumed it was 3pm. Good shout GB

Littlest Hobo
27-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Friendly games where something to look forward at one time. Not anymore!

I shan't be attending.

green&left
27-07-2012, 01:11 PM

I shan't be attending.

It's a friendly. Game will no doubt be rather boring/pesh, they usually are. Chance to meet up with folk and catch a few pints more than anything for me though...

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Cannae find any odds for the game, anybody got any?

green&left
27-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Cannae find any odds for the game, anybody got any?

http://www.scotbet.com/betting/?gi=3&sID=1067.1

SteveHFC
27-07-2012, 01:23 PM
I'am only going to see the new signings and some of the youngsters :cb

LeighLoyal
27-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I might go to check out young Caldwell and Handling, high hopes there! Only a tenner too.

Judas Iscariot
27-07-2012, 01:37 PM

I shan't be attending.

Smell is getting worse...

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.scotbet.com/betting/?gi=3&sID=1067.1

EVS the away side, might be worth a dabble.

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2012, 03:22 PM
EVS the away side, might be worth a dabble.

11/10 with bet365.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Value!

Gala Foxes
27-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Hibs website are really plugging this game - not even a mention on the latest news page

Not exactly a major PR push that is going to boost the crowd

Rossco1875
27-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Also assumed it was a 3 kick off :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
27-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Smell is getting worse...

No sure what ye mean mate? Ye wanna spell out for us thicko's.

Saorsa
27-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Also assumed it was a 3 kick off :greengrinIf you'd asked me I would have telt you it was 2pm :wink:

Rossco1875
27-07-2012, 05:54 PM
If I didnt come on hear today I probaly would have turned up at half time :agree:

NOLA
27-07-2012, 06:06 PM

I shan't be attending.
i used to look forward to the last freindly at ER b4 the season starts but i'd only go now if it was free entry. strange that its a 2 oclock KO though, bet it catches people out.

sbell1875
27-07-2012, 06:43 PM
The last few years we've played host to at least one English Premier League club so to see us playing Huddersfield Town is a bit underwhelming.

However, I will still be going. I also have to return a faulty home shirt with a Crabbie's logo which is squint and pick up my season ticket.

GGTTH.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2012, 06:47 PM

I shan't be attending.

At least now that Golden Bear has reminded everybody what time kick off is you will know what time not to turn up.

Why do people come onto here to tell folk they wont be going to a match and why that is.

Actually you have given me an idea for a new thread .... cheers LH.

Littlest Hobo
27-07-2012, 06:54 PM
At least now that Golden Bear has reminded everybody what time kick off is you will know what time not to turn up.

Why do people come onto here to tell folk they wont be going to a match and why that is.

Actually you have given me an idea for a new thread .... cheers LH.

Eh because this is about opinions and respecting other peoples.

No problem regards the idea though.

HH81
28-07-2012, 06:41 AM
I really fancy coming to game today, no idea why :confused:

Pre-season games are usually awful too.

WellingtonHibby
28-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Is it on Hibs TV?

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I really fancy coming to game today, no idea why :confused:

Pre-season games are usually awful too.better get motoring then, it's a long drive is that lad :greengrin

HH81
28-07-2012, 08:06 AM
better get motoring then, it's a long drive is that lad :greengrin

I text stu and gez and said right I'm up for going, I'll drive. Chip in petrol money, no replies.

Oh well.

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I text stu and gez and said right I'm up for going, I'll drive. Chip in petrol money, no replies.

Oh well.how much is the gas?

HH81
28-07-2012, 08:18 AM
how much is the gas?

About £60 ish i reckon :greengrin Too much for a drive on my own for pre season game.

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:22 AM
About £60 ish i reckon :greengrin Too much for a drive on my own for pre season game.bring your nephew and he can talk tae you about Man U on the way up the road, and you can bore him at the Hibs game :greengrin

I'll chuck in 20 quid for your gas and pay the laddie in tae the game....

.... and dinnae you ever accuse me of being tight again ya Yorkshire git :greengrin

HH81
28-07-2012, 08:24 AM
bring your nephew and he can talk tae you about Man U on the way up the road, and you can bore him at the Hibs game :greengrin

I'll chuck in 20 quid for your gas and pay the laddie in tae the game....

.... and dinnae you ever accuse me of being tight again ya Yorkshire git :greengrin

Cheers for the offer mate, too late now though :thumbsup:

Think I will save the cash for the derby now :agree:

Brooster
28-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Get a room lads.

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Get a room lads.away 'n' bile yer heid

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Cheers for the offer mate, too late now though :thumbsup:

Think I will save the cash for the derby now :agree:nae probs mate :aok:

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2012, 08:34 AM
nae probs mate :aok:

Any chance of paying my petrol and paying me and my laddie into the game :greengrin

PS would need Pies and Bovril at HT

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Any chance of paying my petrol and paying me and my laddie into the game :greengrin

PS would need Pies and Bovril at HTI'm afraid the pies and bovril have tipped it over the edge, GDNP :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm afraid the pies and bovril have tipped it over the edge, GDNP :greengrin

FFS I knew I should have just asked for a chippy! :greengrin

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 08:44 AM
FFS I knew I should have just asked for a chippy! :greengrin:agree:

you'd get a good fish supper too for less than the price of two cardboard pies and two cups of over diluted bovril.

semaj64
28-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Is behind the goals open today, as others have said not much info on website

Brooster
28-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Is behind the goals open today, as others have said not much info on website

Behind the Goals is open from Midday.......according to the official website.

semaj64
28-07-2012, 09:47 AM

Cheers got get back in to the routine!

big-mo
28-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I believe that there will be only two stands open today, also 2pm kick off is to allow Huddersfield to get back home earlier tonight.

hfc rd
28-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I believe that there will be only two stands open today, also 2pm kick off is to allow Huddersfield to get back home earlier tonight.

Which two stands is it that is going to be open?

Kris1875
28-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Which two stands is it that is going to be open?

East & west mate.

Saorsa
28-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Which two stands is it that is going to be open?east and west

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Pre Season Friendly
Hibernian FC V Huddersfield Town FC
Saturday 28th July 2012
Kick Off 2pm
Easter Road Stadium

Cash gates only will be in operation. East & West Stands only will be available for home supporters.

Cash gates will be in operation for Away supporters in the South Stand Lower

Prices:

Adult: £10
Concession: £5 (Under 18/Over 65/Full-time Students with a valid matriculation card/Ambulant)

Any wheelchair user wishing to attend the match please pre purchase your ticket from the Ticket Desk in the Club Store prior to the match.

Big90inOz
28-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Hard to believe that I would have paid my money and been getting far far to excited about a pre season game only a year ago.....

Never mind at least we now have the new improved Hibs TV :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2012, 10:41 AM
11/10 with bet365.

Game is now on Betfair, 13/8 Huddersfield!

PeeJay
28-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Hard to believe that I would have paid my money and been getting far far to excited about a pre season game only a year ago.....

Never mind at least we now have the new improved Hibs TV :rolleyes:

Now - this is probably a silly question - but is the new "improved" Hibs TV actually showing the Hibs game to overseas fans - the first game of the new season at home?

Big90inOz
28-07-2012, 10:53 AM
The new improved service only shows games being broadcast by one of the TV companies, makes sense as these games are available widely for free. The over sea supporters will be lining up to pay Hibs for something which is free ......................

Cocaine&Caviar
28-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Im looking to get my Derby ticket today, would it be best before or after the game? Still in the club shop?

Emerald
28-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Where on the official site does it say that, I can't find it? Talk about advertising a facility :rolleyes:

Brooster
28-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Where on the official site does it say that, I can't find it? Talk about advertising a facility :rolleyes:

In the page entitled 'ticket policy explained'.

Baba O'riley
28-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Im looking to get my Derby ticket today, would it be best before or after the game? Still in the club shop?

Derby tickets are available from the normal ticket office. It usually stays open for a bit after the game, so guess it depends on the queues before the match when is best to get them? Email from Hibs had this on it.....

Hibernian look forward to welcoming back all of our supporters back to Easter Road tomorrow for the friendly fixture against Huddersfield Town (28 July, kick off 2pm).

Ahead of the match, supporters are politely instructed about the following changes to the club’s ticket purchasing process, purchase of Season Ticket memberships, purchase of Heart of Midlothian tickets and Scotland (versus Australia) tickets plus there is a change to Season Ticket membership collection.

The ticket desk located in the Clubstore (open from 10am) is only accessible for purchasing 12/13 Season Ticket memberships, Hibs Kids memberships plus Kicks for Kids.

The concourse in the Famous Five Stand (open from 10am to 2pm) is for supporters wishing to collect their 12/13 Season Ticket memberships (accessible from East End).

The Ticket Office (brick building situated on Albion Road) is accessible only for supporters wishing to purchase Heart of Midlothian tickets or Scotland v Australia tickets.

Please note that Behind The Goals is open from midday onwards and the Clubstore reopens after the match until 5pm.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Derby tickets are available from the normal ticket office. It usually stays open for a bit after the game, so guess it depends on the queues before the match when is best to get them? Email from Hibs had this on it.....

Hibernian look forward to welcoming back all of our supporters back to Easter Road tomorrow for the friendly fixture against Huddersfield Town (28 July, kick off 2pm).

Ahead of the match, supporters are politely instructed about the following changes to the club’s ticket purchasing process, purchase of Season Ticket memberships, purchase of Heart of Midlothian tickets and Scotland (versus Australia) tickets plus there is a change to Season Ticket membership collection.

The ticket desk located in the Clubstore (open from 10am) is only accessible for purchasing 12/13 Season Ticket memberships, Hibs Kids memberships plus Kicks for Kids.

The concourse in the Famous Five Stand (open from 10am to 2pm) is for supporters wishing to collect their 12/13 Season Ticket memberships (accessible from East End).

The Ticket Office (brick building situated on Albion Road) is accessible only for supporters wishing to purchase Heart of Midlothian tickets or Scotland v Australia tickets.

Please note that Behind The Goals is open from midday onwards and the Clubstore reopens after the match until 5pm.

Cheers mate!

Nevi1875
28-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Any team news ?

PeterboroHibee
28-07-2012, 12:20 PM
TEAM: (4-2-3-1) Williams, Clancy, Stephens, McPake, Hanlon, Claros, Stevenson, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Doyle, Griffiths

SUBS: Antell, Trialist, Booth, O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Handling, Trialist, Stanton, Cairney, Caldwell, Smith

I assume Maybury is one of the trialists, I wonder who the other is?

Macaroon
28-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Two "Trialists" on the bench for Hibs tonight *scratches chin*

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub)
SUBS: Antell, Trialist, Booth, O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Handling, Trialist, Stanton, Cairney, Caldwell, Smith #wearehibernianfc (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23wearehibernianfc)

DAVE1875
28-07-2012, 12:23 PM

SUBS: Antell, Trialist, Booth, O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Handling, Trialist, Stanton, Cairney, Caldwell, Smith #wearehibernianfc (https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23wearehibernianfc)

One of them Maybury? Or has he left?

BarneyK
28-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Mark Kerr?

Tully

Mark kerr is the other trialist

Billy Whizz
Walking upto the ground just now, not many people around

JHFC
28-07-2012, 12:25 PM
hmm, I wonder who the other trialist is.

JHFC
28-07-2012, 12:26 PM
"@HibernianFCClub: The trialists included in today's squad are defender Alan Maybury and midfielder Mark Kerr #wearehibernianfc"

Onceinawhile
28-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I kind of hoped we had stopped looking at mark Kerr. Backwards step from ozzy, which is brutal.

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Mark Kerr in the squad just smells of desperation for me. Come on Hibs if this is the kind of player we are looking at its sad times and will be a long season. Really hope we don't sign him and try scouting for other players.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 12:36 PM
"@HibernianFCClub: The trialists included in today's squad are defender Alan Maybury and midfielder Mark Kerr #wearehibernianfc"

Mark Kerr? Hibs must be serious about this guy. Very worrying if this is the best they can come up with on trial a week before season starts.

Andy74
28-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Mark Kerr? Hibs must be serious about this guy. Very worrying if this is the best they can come up with on trial a week before season starts.

I don't think we are currently better than this. This is the kind of signing other SPL clubs make every year and manage to build more effective teams. Let's just see eh?

hibIBZ
28-07-2012, 12:42 PM
not keen on mark kerr but he is prob better than what we have. was hoping for a more exciting signing in the midfield but if its all we can get then i suppose he is better than nothing

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Andy my best mate played with him last season and said hes shocked he even got a trial with Hibs. I do agree we should be trying to sign players who have played in the SPL. But Mark Kerr is finished in my opinion and I know more than a few folk who think the same. Be delighted if I was proved wrong and will back him if he signs. But it's a poor signing if you ask me if they do get him on board.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I don't think we are currently better than this. This is the kind of signing other SPL clubs make every year and manage to build more effective teams. Let's just see eh?

Normally I agree Andy, don't diss players till you have seen them playing but come on everybody has witnessed what Mark Kerr has offered in the SPL over the last few years. What on earth does he offer us at this moment in time that we need in Hibs midfield? Goals, vision, creativity, drive, energy.....what:confused: Desperate stuff.

HH81
What's the crowd looking like?

Many from Yorkshire?

SteveHFC
Mark Kerr in the squad just smells of desperation for me. Come on Hibs if this is the kind of player we are looking at its sad times and will be a long season. Really hope we don't sign him and try scouting for other players.

Completly agree. Why are we giving him a trial. If we sign him and Maybury. I will be dissapointed. Another ***** season coming.

Craig_in_Prague
28-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Mark kerr is the other trialist

oh dear.

those that thought last season was horrific... better be prepared for more suffering.

Billy Whizz
28-07-2012, 12:50 PM
What's the crowd looking like?

Many from Yorkshire?

About 50 from Huddersfield in a deserted Easter Rd so far

Pretty Boy
28-07-2012, 12:54 PM
So can I assume Mark Kerr is the odds on favourite to be next seasons boo boy should he sign.

Guys not even kicked a ball for us yet and is already getting slaughtered.

I ****ing despair with Hibs fans sometimes.

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Some Pars fans I asked when he was on trial the first time said he was their best player in the second half of the season and weren't at all surprised to see him on trial at an SPL team.

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 12:58 PM
So can I assume Mark Kerr is the odds on favourite to be next seasons boo boy should he sign.

Who said anything about booing him? I certainly won't. But I know what he's like as a player and it's not a good one. Defo one Hibs shouldn't be anywhere near looking at. Just don't moan about him half way through the season when everyone else pretty much knew how rubbish he is.

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2012, 01:03 PM
What a horrible team.

Stevenson, Stephens, Sproule......

Cant wait for the new relegation battle to start.

HH81
28-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I had a quick look at the Huddersfield message board, not even a match thread. Pre-season games seem pointless.

Are Hibs looking sharp though :greengrin

BarneyK
28-07-2012, 01:08 PM
oh my god!

I see now

I genuinely thought we would at least be fielding 11 players
This isn't good and I suspect we will be in for a long hard season that could well end up with us being in a relegation dog fight.

I know the season hasn't started but this news makes me think Fenlon isn't up to the job, more suited to a three a side type sport.

Petrie should walk :agree:

Vault Boy
28-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Some Pars fans I asked when he was on trial the first time said he was their best player in the second half of the season and weren't at all surprised to see him on trial at an SPL team.

I've watched the 4-0 Pars game a few times, he did well against us despite the scoreline. I'm happy enough to see what he is like and trust Paddy to make the right decision. From what Fenlon said in his latest interview on Hibernian TV, we aren't done looking for attacking players, so hopefully the team will have a better shape come the match against Dundee Utd, or at least the Hearts game.

PeeJay
28-07-2012, 01:13 PM
1-0 for Huddersfield - Novak...

SteveHFC
28-07-2012, 01:13 PM
1-0 huddersfield

Beefster
28-07-2012, 01:14 PM
What's the crowd?

PeeJay
28-07-2012, 01:18 PM
2-0 Huddersfield .. Scannel (?)

SteveHFC
28-07-2012, 01:18 PM
2-0 Huddersfield

Stephens fault

Aldo
28-07-2012, 01:19 PM
2-0 Huddersfield

Stephens fault

O dear!!

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 01:19 PM
This has gone well. Not looking good at all.

Benny Brazil
28-07-2012, 01:20 PM
What's the crowd?

They are normally called supporters - They are the ones who usually stand / sit and cheer on the team they support - but in Hibs case its stand / sit and criticise their team :wink:

Oh wait you meant the crowd size...........

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't take much notice of pre season scores to be honest. But I honestly think the warning signs from last season are still there for all to see.

California-Hibs
28-07-2012, 01:22 PM
2-0 Huddersfield

Stephens fault

Because the guy is never a footballer in a million years, yet you have deluded folk on here that not only believe hes a player, they believe he should be coveted into a striker!

Hibs90
28-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Midfield are very very poor. If that's our midfield for the season we will be lucky to stay up again IMO.

SteveHFC
28-07-2012, 01:24 PM
O dear!!

Grow Up!

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Sitting here 2-0 down should be 3... We look humpty

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2012, 01:26 PM
oh my god!

I see now

This isn't good and I suspect we will be in for a long hard season that could well end up with us being in a relegation dog fight.

I know the season hasn't started but this news makes me think Fenlon isn't up to the job, more suited to a three a side type sport.

Highlighted the iceberg tip of our problems.
Well warranted by the looks of the score!

Bobo
Very poor performance so far, no creation, no threat up front and just as slow and soft at the back as last season!

Playing one up front at home in any game is a disgrace let alone a friendly, it's going to be another long season.

hibbyhabit
I don't take much notice of pre season scores to be honest. But I honestly think the warning signs from last season are still there for all to see.

I'm not sure you are allowed to say that here, remember its just a friendly and the season is weeks away.:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
28-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Because the guy is never a footballer in a million years, yet you have deluded folk on here that not only believe hes a player, they believe he should be coveted into a striker!

Actually he is a football player, a professional one at that. maybe not good enough for Hibs but the fact is what it is.
Thou shalt not covet they neighbour's ass.

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I really can't see Sparky being able to play up top on his own this season. If that's going to be our only option with the same poor midfield behind him I can only see a relegation battle once again.

SteveHFC
28-07-2012, 01:28 PM
2-1 Leigh

Vault Boy
28-07-2012, 01:29 PM
'Mon Sparky!

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 01:30 PM
I really can't see Sparky being able to play up top on his own this season. If that's going to be our only option with the same poor midfield behind him I can only see a relegation battle once again.

Just as I post this he scores! 2-1.

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure you are allowed to say that here, remember its just a friendly and the season is weeks away.:rolleyes:

I'll prob get shot down soon ;)

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2012, 01:33 PM
In saying all this, Huddersfield are a better team than Hibs.

Hibercelona
oh my god!

I see now

Fenlon needs to stay, Petrie would need to do the walking this time.

We can't just keep sacking manager after manager after manager after manager...

There needs to come a point where we say enough is enough and that the problem clearly lays elsewhere.

Elephant Stone
Keep criticising him

He wasn't criticising him.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Fenlon needs to stay, Petrie would need to do the walking this time.

We can't just keep sacking manager after manager after manager after manager...

There needs to come a point where we say enough is enough and that the problem clearly lays elsewhere.

There's a fair chance he wasn't being serious.

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 01:35 PM
He wasn't criticising him.

Yeah wasn't criticising, just don't think it suits him to play up there by himself.

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Good goal by sparky, playing a bit better now but nothing up front to hit with crosses in the box. Poor defending from g
Clancy huddersfield hit the bar

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Ht 2-1 . Full backs getting forward but real lack of width

lucky
28-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Poor first 25 mins but improved towards half time.
Doyle, Spoony and Hanlon linking well done the left

NorthNorfolkHFC
28-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Ht 2-1 . Full backs getting forward but real lack of width

worrying as this was our MAIN problem last year, why has it not been addressed.

Aberdeen sorted their lack of width

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 01:58 PM
What's the crowd?

About 5500 I would guess

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 01:59 PM
worrying as this was our MAIN problem last year, why has it not been addressed.

Aberdeen sorted their lack of width

I guess we could sign Bob Malcolm..... :-))

Andy74
28-07-2012, 02:03 PM
We played some great stuff after their second to half time. We are trying to pass it anyway.

Still very dodgy when people run at us though.

Kerr on now.

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 02:05 PM
We played some great stuff after their second to half time. We are trying to pass it anyway.

Still very dodgy when people run at us though.

Kerr on now.

Thank god, panic over now.:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
28-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Thank god, panic over now.:rolleyes:

Did anyone ever tell you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit?

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Games a bit flat, Leigh has no chance with the high balls up to him. Huddersfield tidy with the ball

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Yes, it was also the same person who told me if you play pish players, the team play pish.

snooky
28-07-2012, 02:13 PM

:agree: Help available here .....
http://www.snotr.com/video/5743/Sarcasmaholic

(update:subtitles removed)

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 02:19 PM
2-2 good ball to Ivan great cut inside and smashed left foot into top corner!

Col2
28-07-2012, 02:19 PM
2-2. Sproule too corner.

Onceinawhile
28-07-2012, 02:20 PM
We're doomed.

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-07-2012, 02:25 PM
We're doomed.

Indeed, and it'll cost a fortune on ground staff to pick up all the scarves and season ticket books!

M'on Hibs, find a winner :pfgwa

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 02:30 PM
2-2 Sproule cracker

Wotherspiniesta
28-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Yes, it was also the same person who told me if you play pish players, the team play pish.

Nice one.

Seem to be playing a bit better since the break. Must be that pish Mark Kerr to blame.

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Handling on?

matty_f
28-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Handling on?

:agree: for sproule.

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Caldwell for Sparky

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Nice one.

Seem to be playing a bit better since the break. Must be that pish Mark Kerr to blame.

Great, sign him up. We need more players like him and Maybury, lets get the tank back too, maybe a cheeky wee bid for Clayton Donaldson as well?

We get rid of loads every season and replace them with much the same, is this year any different? Would you say this is quality over quantity?

IWasThere2016
28-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Is Maybury on? If so, how's he doin'?

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Nearly a goal
For huddersfield from a corner. We still look poor aerially. Balls in the box from corners always won by them

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Maybury playing quite well. Kerr looks "safe"

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Ft 2-2. Huddersfield are clearly a better team. Same old problems remain with balls in the box, width and a by striker needed. Cairney looked good has a bit of dig. 2 good goals got us the draw. Better in 2nd half. Williams got man of the match no idea why didn't have many saves to make!

We will struggle next week but some positives.

marinello59
28-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Great, sign him up. We need more players like him and Maybury, lets get the tank back too, maybe a cheeky wee bid for Clayton Donaldson as well?

We get rid of loads every season and replace them with much the same, is this year any different? Would you say this is quality over quantity?

How is Kerr playing today?

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 02:54 PM
How is Kerr playing today?

Come on, you and i have seen enough of Kerr over the years to know he's not in a million years quality. I dont need to see 45 minutes of him in a Hibs top to know what we are getting in this player.

Would you say this is quality over quantity that Pat has talked about?

Benny Brazil
28-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Come on, you and i have seen enough of Kerr over the years to know he's not in a million years quality. I dont need to see 45 minutes of him in a Hibs top to know what we are getting in this player.

yawn - anything positive to say?

dmc1875
Think we should sign Maybury. Kerr was a bit rusty but in with the budget we have we could do worse..

Need a big striker for the balls into the box. In the Kyle mould dare I say!

Keith_M

Were you in the West or the East today? Just wanted an update from someone that was actually at the game as to Fenlon's 'Stadium Changes'

steviemanly
28-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Can someone please put up the starting lineups as stuck in afghanistan with 3 huddersfield supporters and we want to know if huddersfield put a good squad out cheers ggtth

marinello59
28-07-2012, 02:58 PM

I saw a good solid SPL standard player. Nothing exciting but our rivals have been signing that type of player for years and doing better than us. A good team is always greater than the sum of its parts isn't it? If Pat Fenlon thinks he can do a job for us under the system he wishes to employ than I'll get behind him rather than indulging in predicatable knee-jerk reactions.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Game is now on Betfair, 13/8 Huddersfield!

Ouch! sair yin! :boo hoo:

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 03:01 PM
yawn - anything positive to say?

Is this a dig at someone who can see we have not improved? Its not rocket science when you see just what we have lost, and see who we have brought in, and just how poor we were?

The talk has been about replacing quantity with quality, yet here we are looking at blokes like Kerr and Maybury.

This is clearly not the case, next you will be saying lets wait until we see how they look in league games before we judge them, ok lets waste more bloody time?

This is shaping up to be more of the same, if that's not positive i'm sorry but i dont want more of the same?

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I saw a good solid SPL standard player. Nothing exciting but our rivals have been signing that type of player for years and doing better than us. A good team is always greater than the sum of its parts isn't it? If Pat Fenlon thinks he can do a job for us under the system he wishes to employ than I'll get behind him rather than indulging in predicatable knee-jerk reactions.

Unfortunately in recent years the kneejerk reactions have tended to be correct on players.

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 03:04 PM

:top marksover 200 spl games for teams better than us , no brainer

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately in recent years the kneejerk reactions have tended to be correct on players.

:agree:

We need hard nutz. Not just players who are physically strong, but can stand up to the challange mentally as well.

We just never seem to sign any players like this.

We need to sign players that other clubs will hate.

Heisenberg
28-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Not a bad result at all considering we were two down. Seems the defending is still and issue though.

Lucius Apuleius
Is this a dig at someone who can see we have not improved? Its not rocket science when you see just what we have lost, and see who we have brought in, and just how poor we were?

The talk has been about replacing quantity with quality, yet here we are looking at blokes like Kerr and Maybury.

This is clearly not the case, next you will be saying lets wait until we see how they look in league games before we judge them, ok lets waste more bloody time?

This is shaping up to be more of the same, if that's not positive i'm sorry but i dont want more of the same?

Bloody hope so.

hibbyhabit

I can agree with this, and hope if we do sign them you are correct. I have serious doubts though, that this is more mediocrity to go with whats gone before?

And i dont agree my opinion on them is knee jerk, when i have seen quite a lot of both players.

Kyle A
28-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Pessimism. The sign of a true Hibby.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 03:09 PM
:top marksover 200 spl games for teams better than us , no brainer

Would suggest you go on Aberdeen and Utd forums and solicit some opinions. Aberdeen fans in particular consider him one of the worst players they ever had and they've had some belters recently.:greengrin

Hiber-nation
28-07-2012, 03:10 PM

We need hard nutz. Not just players who are physically strong, but can stand up to the challange mentally as well.

We just never seem to sign any players like this.

We need to sign players that other clubs will hate.

Never mind hard nuts, we desperately need a midfielder with a first touch who can pass a ball, a creative player. Either that or a wide player with skill and pace, someone to get the crowd on their feet. I don't think we've a player with any of these attributes since Zemmama.

JHFC
28-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Can someone please put up the starting lineups as stuck in afghanistan with 3 huddersfield supporters and we want to know if huddersfield put a good squad out cheers ggtth

"@htafcdotcom: #htafc's team (4-3-3): Smithies; Dixon, Lynch, Clarke (c), Hunt; Clayton, Gobern, Atkinson; Scannell, Rhodes, Novak #preseason"

Booked4Being-Ugly

This is shaping up to be more of the same, if that's not positive i'm sorry but i dont want more of the same?You weren't even at the game so stop boring us Yam boy.

Leishy1995
A draw with Huddersfield? We Must be pish. I'd still look at Joe cardle..

Benny Brazil
28-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Bloody hope so.

:wink:

HibsMax
28-07-2012, 03:16 PM

What's wrong with waiting to see how the team comes together?

Let me ask you this. If we won all our preseason games convincingly, would you say we're going to win the league? If not, why is the reverse true?

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Would suggest you go on Aberdeen and Utd forums and solicit some opinions. Aberdeen fans in particular consider him one of the worst players they ever had and they've had some belters recently.:greengrin

How many Aberdeen fans think that , How many Hibs players get ripped apart on here ? According to some on here Rankin and Vaz Te were terrible . Kerr wouldnt have stood back and watched that little prick run the show in the final . If its all we can afford then i would take him , who else we gonna get for nowt?

hibbyhabit
28-07-2012, 03:22 PM
You weren't even at the game so stop boring us Yam boy.

I wondered how long it would take, i travel up with quite a few from Blackpool and lancashire, Gary (blackpoolhibs) being one of them.

As usual we have to be all positive just because last seasons over, and the new ones not started, nevermind we have sold or released 15 or 16 players and brought in Clancy and Cairney from the final team. Add on the two trialists, and i cant quite see the progress you seem to see?

Nevermind, i suppose you can knock one out thinking you have outed a yam, who just happens to have a season ticket, well two actually. East stand AA 80 and 81.:rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
A draw with Huddersfield? We Must be pish.

That was said in jest, right? Just looking to confirm, assume it was :agree:

Spike Mandela
What's wrong with waiting to see how the team comes together?

Let me ask you this. If we won all our preseason games convincingly, would you say we're going to win the league? If not, why is the reverse true?

Comes together? It hasn't really changed that much has it?:confused: Different goalie and a couple of personnel changes But same formation. surely we will be seeing more of the same at best.

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Never mind hard nuts, we desperately need a midfielder with a first touch who can pass a ball, a creative player. Either that or a wide player with skill and pace, someone to get the crowd on their feet. I don't think we've a player with any of these attributes since Zemmama.

It takes far more than just passing the ball around to win games.

You need players who can take the initiative.

We can have 11 "creative" players on the pitch, who pass the ball around nicely. But what good is that when they don't actually go anywhere with it?

You need tough guys in there who can take charge and lead the way forward.

We need players who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck.... something we haven't had since the Scott Brown days.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 03:27 PM
It takes far more than just passing the ball around to win games.

You need players who can take the initiative.

We can have 11 "creative" players on the pitch, who pass the ball around nicely. But what good is that when they don't actually go anywhere with it?

You need tough guys in there who can take charge and lead the way forward.

One would be nice though eh, wee hibee:wink:

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Let's get one thing clear here! 99.9% of Hibs fans thought last season was a near disaster yeah? We all pretty much thought the team wasn't good enough and all wanted players binned and replaced. Most were binned, but we haven't exactly replaced them with better have we? Not if we are going to sign guys like Kerr. I don't need to ask anyone what he's like, I've ******g seen him play and never rated him. Dons fans ripped him and Utd fans didn't like him that much. You come on here to voice a conceren and your a doom and gloomer. Sorry but I love this club and it's horrible seeing how ****ing bad we are. All you guys happily plodding along thinking we will be fine and let's just keep the ones moaning mouths shut need to realise we're moaning for the sake of this club we love. We ARE relagation material with this squad.

Love how others say "it's fine other teams were weakend too" yes they are but they had a better team to start with WE never. Now we're down to bare bones and injuries and suspensions will cripple us. Mark my words this season Hibs will struggle with that team.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 03:30 PM
How many Aberdeen fans think that ,How many Hibs players get ripped apart on here ? According to some on here Rankin and Vaz Te were terrible . Kerr wouldnt have stood back and watched that little prick run the show in the final . If its all we can afford then i would take him , who else we gonna get for nowt?

I don't think anyone said Vaz Te was terrible, if anyone did they'd have been in the minority for sure. Rankin got a bit of a hard time but I don't think he's really proven his critics wrong, I certainly wouldn't want to re-sign him if we could. I think fans of previous teams should be listened to. I remember when Calderwood signed his entourage of **** from the English lower leagues and people were quoting their fans' forums down there to point out that they might not be too excellent- they were spot on. We've got a tight budget and we are absolutely desperate for midfielders, we need to be as sure as we can be that the budget isn't being wasted on more of the same.

Lucius Apuleius
28-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I wondered how long it would take, i travel up with quite a few from Blackpool and lancashire, Gary (blackpoolhibs) being one of them.

As usual we have to be all positive just because last seasons over, and the new ones not started, nevermind we have sold or released 15 or 16 players and brought in Clancy and Cairney from the final team. Add on the two trialists, and i cant quite see the progress you seem to see?

Nevermind, i suppose you can knock one out thinking you have outed a yam, who just happens to have a season ticket, well two actually. East stand AA 80 and 81.:rolleyes:

In that case it has all become crystal clear. Must be something in the Lancashire air.

Spike Mandela
How many Aberdeen fans think that , How many Hibs players get ripped apart on here ? According to some on here Rankin and Vaz Te were terrible . Kerr wouldnt have stood back and watched that little prick run the show in the final . If its all we can afford then i would take him , who else we gonna get for nowt?

I take it you forgot Kerr's performance in this final..... Around 2 minutes and watch through your fingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lhPK5UVzY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hiber-nation
One would be nice though eh, wee hibee:wink:

Haven't seen Cairney yet but hopefully he can tick a few boxes.

Sadly it looks like we'll never get a "bums on seats" player until we get bums on seats to fund one. Which is very worrying.

steviemanly
28-07-2012, 03:36 PM
"@htafcdotcom: #htafc's team (4-3-3): Smithies; Dixon, Lynch, Clarke (c), Hunt; Clayton, Gobern, Atkinson; Scannell, Rhodes, Novak #preseason"

Thanks JHFC

goosefat
28-07-2012, 03:37 PM
It’s a disgrace.

Coming from 2 down to snatch a draw against a Championship side. I assume there was a deluge of season tickets & scarfs thrown onto the park at full time?

Fenlon OUT, Petrie OUT, The girl who served me the pie at half time OUT, Etc.

:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Haven't seen Cairney yet but hopefully he can tick a few boxes.

Sadly it looks like we'll never get a "bums on seats" player until we get bums on seats to fund one. Which is very worrying.

Then lets sign tough players who can get results, even if it is ugly so we can get more people back into the ground.

Then we can focus on signing creative players that are good to watch. :aok:

Or is that too sensible for us?

sahib
Let's get one thing clear here! 99.9% of Hibs fans thought last season was a near disaster yeah? We all pretty much thought the team wasn't good enough and all wanted players binned and replaced. Most were binned, but we haven't exactly replaced them with better have we? Not if we are going to sign guys like Kerr. I don't need to ask anyone what he's like, I've ******g seen him play and never rated him. Dons fans ripped him and Utd fans didn't like him that much. You come on here to voice a conceren and your a doom and gloomer. Sorry but I love this club and it's horrible seeing how ****ing bad we are. All you guys happily plodding along thinking we will be fine and let's just keep the ones moaning mouths shut need to realise we're moaning for the sake of this club we love. We ARE relagation material with this squad.

Love how others say "it's fine other teams were weakend too" yes they are but they had a better team to start with WE never. Now we're down to bare bones and injuries and suspensions will cripple us. Mark my words this season Hibs will struggle with that team.

I seem to remember Kerr was quite good against us, anytime I saw him. His age is the problem for me.

Emerald
Were you in the West or the East today? Just wanted an update from someone that was actually at the game as to Fenlon's 'Stadium Changes'

He seems to have brought in another 500 seagulls. :greengrin

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't think anyone said Vaz Te was terrible, if anyone did they'd have been in the minority for sure. Rankin got a bit of a hard time but I don't think he's really proven his critics wrong, I certainly wouldn't want to re-sign him if we could. I think fans of previous teams should be listened to. I remember when Calderwood signed his entourage of **** from the English lower leagues and people were quoting their fans' forums down there to point out that they might not be too excellent- they were spot on. We've got a tight budget and we are absolutely desperate for midfielders, we need to be as sure as we can be that the budget isn't being wasted on more of the same.

I think, having watched the game today we are in for more of the same this season, probably because we dont have the funds to bring many more players in (see PF's article in the EN today)

We looked second best until we scored and then had a wee purple patch, then same again in the second half. We have spells of neat play but we lack prescence in the centre of midfield and a big guy up front. Our team is so small.

Claros and Stevenson are too lightweight- I thought Kerr improved us so for that reason is probably worth a deal, who else are we going to get in?

Up front we NEED someone, pronto. Doyle, while neat and intelligent doesnt offer enough and Leigh needs a big solid striker beside him. We aren't going to get the likes of Sandaza so someone in the mould of Kyle would be ideal. Some of the balls Hanlon put in in the first half would be meat and drink for Kyle, but there was no-one there.

Pluses today- Ivans goal, Cairney played well and has dig about him. I was quite impressed with Maybury when he came on & Clancy looked quite good going forward.

Negatives- Stephens in the first half although he did improve, Claros pussied out of challenges, lack of width and any arial threat & defending at set pieces.

Overall a good run out- we will really struggle at Utd & Huddersfield looked a better outfit than us but thats probably to be expected.

It might be same old same old, with just an added bit of dig.

Beefster
28-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Using your logic, we shouldn't have an opinion about any player before he signs for Hibs. Some of us have probably seen Kerr play about 30-40 SPL games so I'm not sure how not rating him counts as 'knee-jerk' either.

As for Fenlon thinking he can do a job, we need better than 'doing a job'. If anyone thinks Kerr was on Fenlon's primary list, they're nuts. He's being considered because he's cheap and hasn't had an offer elsewhere.

Thecat23
28-07-2012, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=goosefat;3306678]It’s a disgrace.

Coming from 2 down to snatch a draw against a Championship side. I assume there was a deluge of season tickets & scarfs thrown onto the park at full time?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Dear god, I give up!! Your completely missing the point. Result means nothing at all win, lose, or draw. It's what are team is like.

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 03:42 PM
I take it you forgot Kerr's performance in this final..... Around 2 minutes and watch through your fingers.

He also was having a stormer before that.... Terrible mistake but a bit harsh it happens to the likes of Steven Gerrard as well :rolleyes:

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Nevermind, i suppose you can knock one out thinking you have outed a yam, who just happens to have a season ticket, well two actually. East stand AA 80 and 81.:rolleyes:Fair play to you then, i take that back.

Leishy1995
28-07-2012, 03:48 PM
That was said in jest, right? Just looking to confirm, assume it was :agree:

I actually say it was a great result for such a 'relegation threatened' team. Joe cardle though, he seemed a good winger.

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 03:49 PM

I know what your saying mate but their isnt a line of better with more spl experience on our budget waiting for us eh . As for his mistake in that final i think their will be a few videos of mistakes from us in our final eh , which one of our midfielders is so much better ? Im affraid the lack of money wont allow us to sign better at the moment

lucky
28-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Decent game. Two good goals. Thought Kerr and Marbury would improve the team. Big plus is Williams in goal. Overall decent work out

goosefat
28-07-2012, 03:53 PM
It’s a disgrace.

:rolleyes:

Dear god, I give up!! Your completely missing the point. Result means nothing at all win, lose, or draw. It's what are team is like.

:fishin:

R'Albin
28-07-2012, 03:54 PM

To be fair the Sheep always had a pretty irrational hatred for him - not saying he's anything special but nowhere near as bad as that lot make him out to be.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 03:54 PM
I know what your saying mate but their isnt a line of better with more spl experience on our budget waiting for us eh . As for his mistake in that final i think their will be a few videos of mistakes from us in our final eh , which one of our midfielders is so much better ? Im affraid the lack of money wont allow us to sign better at the moment

I don't remember ever having seen Kerr play so I've got no idea if he'll be good for us or not, I just think that if the predominant opinion on another SPL team's forum is that he's not good enough I think we should be listening to it. As for our budget, Dean Shiels is available for nothing and he won't be the only one. I think we should have made more of an effort to offload our current midfield, if they'd been told to find new clubs we could have had more to spend on wages. Alas, this hasn't happened but we need to make sure what we do have is spent in the best way possible.

Northernhibee
28-07-2012, 03:55 PM

:top marks

Mark Kerr was one of Dunfy's few saving graces last season. We need players who know what battling in the SPL is about.

Not spectacular, not the sort of player who'll have his name on the back of all the club shop shirts - but along with Maybury brings experience of playing in the SPL which is just what we need. Going for spectacular marquee signings would be a bad idea IMO - let's get in three or so 'safe' options.

Leishy1995
28-07-2012, 03:55 PM

6 year contract.

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I think, having watched the game today we are in for more of the same this season, probably because we dont have the funds to bring many more players in (see PF's article in the EN today)

We looked second best until we scored and then had a wee purple patch, then same again in the second half. We have spells of neat play but we lack prescence in the centre of midfield and a big guy up front. Our team is so small.

Claros and Stevenson are too lightweight- I thought Kerr improved us so for that reason is probably worth a deal, who else are we going to get in?

Up front we NEED someone, pronto. Doyle, while neat and intelligent doesnt offer enough and Leigh needs a big solid striker beside him. We aren't going to get the likes of Sandaza so someone in the mould of Kyle would be ideal. Some of the balls Hanlon put in in the first half would be meat and drink for Kyle, but there was no-one there.

Pluses today- Ivans goal, Cairney played well and has dig about him. I was quite impressed with Maybury when he came on & Clancy looked quite good going forward.

Negatives- Stephens in the first half although he did improve, Claros pussied out of challenges, lack of width and any arial threat & defending at set pieces.

Overall a good run out- we will really struggle at Utd & Huddersfield looked a better outfit than us but thats probably to be expected.

ancient hibee
28-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't remember ever having seen Kerr play so I've got no idea if he'll be good for us or not, I just think that if the predominant opinion on another SPL team's forum is that he's not good enough I think we should be listening to it. As for our budget, Dean Shiels is available for nothing and he won't be the only one. I think we should have made more of an effort to offload our current midfield, if they'd been told to find new clubs we could have had more to spend on wages. Alas, this hasn't happened but we need to make sure what we do have is spent in the best way possible.

Shiels is way beyond what we'll pay.How do you get rid of players that won't go?

hibsfan
28-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Didn't make it to the game today as I am currently on the other side of the world holidaying in NZ - a quick flick through this post though makes very depressing reading...

... Haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else but any thoughts on the new programme that was being talked about on the official site? I was quite impressed with the design / look of the cover anyway! Anyone actually pick
one up?

Northernhibee
28-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Rumour is that he won't entertain playing in the same team as Sparky.

Jaz
28-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure Kerr played as a trialist for St Mirren v Carlisle last night.

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Shiels is way beyond what we'll pay.How do you get rid of players that won't go?

Shiels currently has no club and the season starts next weekend. What we'll pay is better than nothing.

If the players were told that they weren't in the future plans and that they'd be best finding a new team I reckon most would have, there isn't a great deal happening here at the moment which would make them want to stay anyway.

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 04:04 PM

Mark Kerr was one of Dunfy's few saving graces last season. We need players who know what battling in the SPL is about.

Not spectacular, not the sort of player who'll have his name on the back of all the club shop shirts - but along with Maybury brings experience of playing in the SPL which is just what we need. Going for spectacular marquee signings would be a bad idea IMO - let's get in three or so 'safe' options.

exactly rite

Andy74
28-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm assuming most comments on this thread were from people not at the game. Plenty positives after we settled down into it. Lots of passing and some great moves around be box.

A winger and a striker would make a big difference to turn it into something.

Two cracking goals and some good performances from the new guys. I did wonder after 20 minutes but it was a good game.

Wotherspoon looked a lot better just off the front. Surprised at a couple of the comments on Claros - I thought he played pretty well today.

Clancy's bit of skill at the end was class.

Who gave man of the match to Williams though? Hardly done anything! Would probably have given it to Stevenson myself.

hibees 7062
28-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Shiels currently has no club and the season starts next weekend. What we'll pay is better than nothing.

If the players were told that they weren't in the future plans and that they'd be best finding a new team I reckon most would have, there isn't a great deal happening here at the moment which would make them want to stay anyway.

Shiels is in talks with Rangers

S4uzee
28-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Rumour is that he won't entertain playing in the same team as Sparky.

Want to elaborate?

Gala Foxes
28-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Cairney looked the part, cool, calm and hard in the tackle

S4uzee
28-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm assuming most comments on this thread were from people not at the game. Plenty positives after we settled down into it. Lots of passing and some great moves around be box.

Two cracking goals and some good performances from the new guys. I did wonder after 20 minutes but it was a good game.

Wotherspoon looked a lot better just off the front. Surprised at a couple of the comments on Claros - I thought he played pretty well today.

Who gave man of the match to Williams though? Hardly done anything! Would probably have given it to Stevenson myself.
Yeah thought he played quite well aswell, with a good few interceptions and tackles although passing might have been better at times

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 04:10 PM

No no no no no no no no no, we need better than that, its having journeymen battlers thats got us into this mess. We get rid of any real quality we ever have, and replace them with dross battlers, who cant pass/create or add the slightest bit of quality.

As Billy has said, we are no better off now, and i'd say we are worse than last season. I suppose we wont have t worry about the drunks and druggies, so there is some positives?

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Want to elaborate?

It could be true. I posted a while back that I spoke to his dad after we won 3-1 last year and he said the two of them really dont get on.

ancient hibee
28-07-2012, 04:13 PM

So Shiels will sign for us because he'll be desperate for the money and a new club while a number of less talented players will leave us and a wage behind so that they can be without a club or a wage.Not exactly a logical viewpoint is it.

silverhibee
28-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Pretty sure Kerr played as a trialist for St Mirren v Carlisle last night.

He did.

--------
28-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Decent game. Two good goals. Thought Kerr and Marbury would improve the team. Big plus is Williams in goal. Overall decent work out

Were you at the same game as the others, mate? :wink:

Shiels is way beyond what we'll pay. How do you get rid of players that won't go?

You CAN'T, ancient - contracts work both ways. the player can't walk away and we can't just tell him to push off and stop paying him.

The most PF can do with a player under contract is to say to him that he should be looking for another club, but I know that in that situation I would take my time about it - especially if I had a wife and family and we'd only just moved north last year.

Some of us seem to have a problem understanding this. :rolleyes:

Andy74
28-07-2012, 04:17 PM

He did.

Did he not play for Carlisle, where he has been training?

Edit: match report says no sign of Carlisle trialist Mark Kerr.

You'd presume we must have asked him back before then.

whiskyhibby
28-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Disagree about Claros, he looked the only one putting in challenges and had a good 45

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 04:21 PM
So Shiels will sign for us because he'll be desperate for the money and a new club

I didn't say he's desperate for anything. The person I quoted said Shiels' wages are "well above" anything we can pay. I said that the season starts in a week and he doesn't have a team. What Hibs can offer is better than no wages and no club. Not exactly logical, how?

while a number of less talented players will leave us and a wage behind so that they can be without a club or a wage.Not exactly a logical viewpoint is it.

I wouldn't expect anyone to leave without having secured a new club. If you read my post it says that if they were told early on that they weren't in the plans and that it would be in their interests to find a new club, many of them would do that- as happens all the time. Again, not logical how?

dmc1875
28-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Disagree about Claros, he looked the only one putting in challenges and had a good 45

I think he looks tidy I'm just unsure about him..

Elephant Stone
28-07-2012, 04:23 PM
You CAN'T, ancient - contracts work both ways. the player can't walk away and we can't just tell him to push off and stop paying him.

The most PF can do with a player under contract is to say to him that he should be looking for another club, but I know that in that situation I would take my time about it - especially if I had a wife and family and we'd only just moved north last year.

Some of us seem to have a problem understanding this. :rolleyes:

No one's saying we can just get rid of players. If the club and the player agree then the contract can be cancelled. Not rocket science.

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Take it you're a bit of a fat git:wink::greengrin

Northernhibee
28-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Want to elaborate?

Read it from someone who has been right on stuff before either on here or on the Bounce.

Looks like he's Sevco bound anyway.

Matt92
28-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Sproule was utter ***** today but took his goal really, really well.
Wotherspoon was terrible, as was Doyle.
Griffiths and McPake were the usual for both: quality players and solid enough games.

Really, really like the look of Cairney: he reminds me of a more solid Andrew Driver: the boys got pace, skill and likes to take players on.
Maybury seemed solid, sign Kerr.
Clancy looks like a footballer and all.

The rest: meh.

Edit: Lewis was good today, he's still got a fair bit of potential that will come with experience.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Take it you're a bit of a fat git:wink::greengrin

He is. :greengrin

AldoHFC
28-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I think I'm the only person that thinks we played quite well after they scored their second? Griffiths looked good, Wotherspoon looked better and the rest were alright, but thought we played relatively well.

Offside Trap
28-07-2012, 04:43 PM

For anyone not at the game looking for a fair view of the match, I'd say this is the most accurate summary. We were poor for first 20 mins and they looked like they would score five or six. But we grew into the game.

Wotherspoon showed some intelligent movement and creativity. Claros put in a decent shift - particularly tracking back and getting a foot/sliding challenge in.

But we do need a couple more players - some pace and a "go-to" type in midfield needed.

Big Ed
28-07-2012, 04:44 PM

At 0-2 it looked like it might be a cricket score. Our 4-2-3-1 formation had Claros and Stevenson playing in front of the back four. Scannell and their No.9 (Novak, I think) were dropping into the space in between and no one appeared to know who to pick up: it was pretty scary to watch. I thought that Claros was particularly guilty of chasing the ball rather than picking up runners.
As for Wotherspoon: I felt that he did alright, but the central midfielder behind the striker should be in a position to influence the game far more than David did.
Doyle and Sproule are not really switched on when the other team have the ball and there were a couple of times when Huddersfield could have taken advantage of that.
On a more positive note: the Keeper looks very confident and I felt that the work ethic looked to have improved.
Both Kerr and Maybury looked decent and I wouldn't be too unhappy to see them signed, so long as they weren't on big wages.

silverhibee
28-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Good turn out by the seagulls today, possibly 500 in the ground, F***ing diehards so they are.

At one point they were even out singing the singing section today, were S43 on holiday. :wink: :greengrin

Emerald
28-07-2012, 04:51 PM
At 0-2 it looked like it might be a cricket score. Our 4-2-3-1 formation had Claros and Stevenson playing in front of the back four. Scannell and their No.9 (Novak, I think) were dropping into the space in between and no one appeared to know who to pick up: it was pretty scary to watch. I thought that Claros was particularly guilty of chasing the ball rather than picking up runners.
As for Wotherspoon: I felt that he did alright, but the central midfielder behind the striker should be in a position to influence the game far more than David did.
Doyle and Sproule are not really switched on when the other team have the ball and there were a couple of times when Huddersfield could have taken advantage of that.
On a more positive note: the Keeper looks very confident and I felt that the work ethic looked to have improved.
Both Kerr and Maybury looked decent and I wouldn't be too unhappy to see them signed, so long as they weren't on big wages.

Kerr was also giving instructions and really shouting and telling the others what to do. He looks as if he could run the game from that position. No one was doing that last season.

Jaz
28-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Cairney looked the part, cool, calm and hard in the tackle

Anyone else think Cairney was carrying a fair bit of weight??

Looked a good few pounds overweight. Had a beam end on him GOC would have been proud of!!

archiebald
28-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Why do you people bother going to support Hibs - if you says players are pish :hibees

Spike Mandela
28-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Why do you people bother going to support Hibs - if you says players are pish :hibees

Trouble is they aren't. Fans are disappearing in droves archie.

Gatecrasher
28-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Glad to be back after a long summer off, today eased a few nerves about the coming season. One or 2 players still needed but looked better :thumbsup:

Big Ed
28-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Kerr was also giving instructions and really shouting and telling the others what to do. He looks as if he could run the game from that position. No one was doing that last season.

Agreed.

I don't think any of our new signings or the trialists looked like world beaters, but they all gave the impression that they looked like they knew what they were doing.

Golden Bear
28-07-2012, 05:05 PM

He did ok but we've too many players who specialise in the sideways "leave it to you type of pass".

The plus side for me today was the performance of Paul Cairney who looks as though he had the ability to take the ball round opponents - a skill which has been sadly lacking at ER for a few seasons now. I'm mystified why he was not included in the starting line up and once again, why the hell are we playing with only one guy up front?

Emerald
28-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I really don't know if it makes any difference but Hibs half time warm up of subs is just a kick about. Huddersfield had two coaches out there putting players through a structured passing mini game. I always remember watching Barca at Murrayfield giving their subs a real hard time on the sidelines, keeping the players working at all times. When Kerr came on right after half time no one from the Hibs management team seemed to have given him any warning and he was doing stretches when they were about to kick off. I'm no expert in this but it did look a bit unprofessional.:dunno:

Andy74
28-07-2012, 05:10 PM
He did ok but we've too many players who specialise in the sideways "leave it to you type of pass".

The plus side for me today was the performance of Paul Cairney who looks as though he had the ability to take the ball round opponents - a skill which has been sadly lacking at ER for a few seasons now. I'm mystified why he was not included in the starting line up and once again, why the hell are we playing with only one guy up front?

We should really have 3 up when attacking and if done properly gives us width up the park. Something we are getting used to still though.

Are you're really getting mystified about a friendly starting line up?

hibeefan95
28-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I think I'm the only person that thinks we played quite well after they scored their second? Griffiths looked good, Wotherspoon looked better and the rest were alright, but thought we played relatively well.

I agree. After they scored their second there was definitley improvement. We had a couple of decent passing moves although one was cut short by a poor back-heel attempt from Jorge Claros. Wotherspoon played much better than usual IMO and overall, I thought we were pretty decent.

marinello59
28-07-2012, 05:14 PM
We should really have 3 up when attacking and if done properly gives us width up the park. Something we are getting used to still though.

At this late stage I would expect the starting line up to be pretty close to the one that will take to the park against the Arabs.

Golden Bear
28-07-2012, 05:17 PM

On the strength of his second half performance when compared with the obvious weaknesses of others, then yes I am.

It was also the only home pre season friendly and I would have thought that it would have been an ideal opportunity to show the home supporters what he could do and of course a place in the starting line up would have added to his self confidence.

Northernhibee
28-07-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not bothered about one up front. We have Sproule, Doyle, Spoony and Cairney who can all attack from midfield. Gives us that extra body in midfield when needed but if Doyle and Sproule push up it as good as becomes a 4-3-3.

Spain just won the Euros and more often than not played without a striker - it's as much how you play as anything else.

Greenblood70
28-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Very slow start to the game by us today but we came into it in the last 20 mins of the first half.

I thought there were some decent perfomances today and agree with the general consensus about Cairney..he offered something a bit different, got it and gave it quite simply, decent strength, good touch and showed some urgency..breath of fresh air in a fairly pedestrian midfield. Not a fan of Claros, he looks like he's running in treacle and gives the ball away too often for me. I dont think Doyle is the answer on the left of the front 3 either..he's too lightweight for me and is easily bullied out of the game. Stephens can't be our first choice centre half for the season surely, doesn't seem to have developed as we'd hoped.

To finish on a positive, Spoony was decent, great finish and some dangerous balls into the box from Sparky, great goal from Ivan, Clancy looked ok second half after a shaky start. Hard to judge the keeper on one performance but looked assured enough to me. I'm realistic about our squad this season..unless we get off to a flyer and build some confidence I think we'll be finishing around 8th or 9th. Our squad is threadbare, but then so is everyones outwith Celtic.. still think we're 2-3 decent players short of a top 6 finish.

Concerned about the general apathy in the attendance and around the club just now tho...it s arguably understandable but ultimately self-defeating.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed.

I don't think any of our new signings or the trialists looked like world beaters, but they all gave the impression that they looked like they knew what they were doing.

Quick lets get Ross Chisholm back, he LOOKED like he knew what he was doing with all that pointing he did.

Here we are going into the last week before the season starts, and we are a million miles away from being a a top 6 side, and in my opinion another struggle is on the cards. That in itself will do nothing to bring back the crowds, and then less money for Pat to spend now and in the January window.

We will then have folk saying its us the fans who are to blame, as we have not supported the club enough, while clubs above us again manage it on crowds much less than we have.

Get your finger out STF, put some money up now to help the team, not when we are struggling at xmas.

Emerald
28-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Quick lets get Ross Chisholm back, he LOOKED like he knew what he was doing with all that pointing he did.

Here we are going into the last week before the season starts, and we are a million miles away from being a a top 6 side, and in my opinion another struggle is on the cards. That in itself will do nothing to bring back the crowds, and then less money for Pat to spend now and in the January window.

We will then have folk saying its us the fans who are to blame, as we have not supported the club enough, while clubs above us again manage it on crowds much less than we have.

Get your finger out STF, put some money up now to help the team, not when we are struggling at xmas.

Ross Chisholm NEVER looked like he knew what he was doing, pointed at things for the sake of it. Whereas Kerr was giving instruction and taking no prisoners with his orders. While I agree we are thread bare and are desperate for quality entertaining midfielders we aren't going to get them. Our midfield is and has been very poor but a steadying hand that knows the SPL 'MAY' bring the likes of Wotherspoon Claros and Stevenson on. He looks like an improvement but again that isn't difficult.

muirhousehibby
28-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Spot on m8. Mark Kerr has been on trial with 2 other clubs since he was in with us and now he's back again as no deal was offered in england. We are being out bidded(other spl teams are paying more than us) for our targets.

If we end up with 10,000 ST holders this season and the likes of Kerr and Maybury i'd be very dissappointed as we have youngsters there that are just as good.:agree:

ronaldo7
28-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone else think Cairney was carrying a fair bit of weight??

Looked a good few pounds overweight. Had a beam end on him GOC would have been proud of!!

He was just wearing BIG SHORTS:greengrin

Emerald
28-07-2012, 05:56 PM
He was just wearing BIG SHORTS:greengrin

And he managed to fill every inch of them :agree:

Looks ok though.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Ross Chisholm NEVER looked like he knew what he was doing, pointed at things for the sake of it. Whereas Kerr was giving instruction and taking no prisoners with his orders. While I agree we are thread bare and are desperate for quality entertaining midfielders we aren't going to get them. Our midfield is and has been very poor but a steadying hand that knows the SPL 'MAY' bring the likes of Wotherspoon Claros and Stevenson on. He looks like an improvement but again that isn't difficult.

Well i think we need to all cross our fingers and toes, as that seems to be what we will be relying on now?

BEEJ
28-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Spain just won the Euros and more often than not played without a striker - it's as much how you play as anything else.
Indeed. And Scotland played 4-6-0 against the Czech Republic.

:Ummm:

ronaldo7
28-07-2012, 05:58 PM
And he managed to fill every inch of them :agree:

Looks ok though.

Andy74
28-07-2012, 05:59 PM
At this late stage I would expect the starting line up to be pretty close to the one that will take to the park against the Arabs.

It was pretty close.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 05:59 PM

Come on Andy, positivity is not allowed on this site, you must be fishing, we are crap, Fenlon's a huddy, we are relegation material, we are doomed I tell thee:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Come on Andy, positivity is not allowed on this site, you must be fishing, we are crap, Fenlon's a huddy, we are relegation material, we are doomed I tell thee:greengrin

What do you think Brockie, a better team, progress or more of the same?

Billy Whizz
28-07-2012, 06:01 PM

The only change that I can see is perhaps Cairney in for Doyle The way we are set up, would realty suit Deano in the role Spoony played today

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2012, 06:07 PM
For the first 20 minutes we were so poor it was hard to watch and it really looked like Huddersfield were going to give us a severe doing.

Stephens needs a good solid kick up the rear end for their 2nd goal, he just fell asleep and let their guy stroll past him.

Williams looked reasonably solid though and had no chance with either goal and I have to disagree with what folk said about Claros, he made more tackles than anybody in the midfield ... but that was the problem though, our so called creative player was on his bum most of the time putting in challenges.

Our never ending ability to do nothing going through the midfield was to the fore though .. we really need to get this sorted.

Anyway ,,, after their second goal we finally woke up and did a few decent things ... Sparkey took his goal really well and we pushed forward a lot better putting some decent ball into the box, but with no hight in there we got nowhere near a header on goal.

The second half was a lot better from Hibs and Kerr did OK though he gave the ball away with slack passing a couple of times. Ivan, who had done nothing up to that point took his goal brilliantly.

For me though the one bright spot was Cairney who in spite of looking a bit overweight isnt afraid to put in a tackle and actually looks like he can beat his man, he was also calm on the ball .... could turn into a bit of a fans favourite if he can get a regular place in the team.

Overall though I would have to say that playing the way we did today it will be a miracle if we can get 6 points from our first 2 games.

killie-hibby
28-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Shiels is in talks with Rangers

Daily Mail reports him as talking to Bundesliga 2 club Regensberg. They have offered him more than £7k a week.

jacomo
28-07-2012, 06:10 PM

Presumably, because PF thinks it's the best way for Hibs to get more of the ball and try to impose ourselves a bit more. Makes complete sense to me to put another body in midfield, at least in the short term, to give those guys more support and hopefully more confidence.

It sounds like we are acquiring a little bit of shape and balance - long overdue. Why not let the manager manage, eh?

jacomo
28-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Daily Mail reports him as talking to Bundesliga 2 club Regensberg. They have offered him more than £7k a week.

Fair play to him if he can get himself a pay day like that.

fife hfc
28-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Allan manus
gary Miller
frazer Wright
david McCracken
callum davidson
Chris Miller
Murray davidson
Patrick Cregg
liam craig
Gregory tade
Nigel hasselbaink

The above was the starting line up for St Johnstone on Thursday night and I was thinking that it is a common consensus on here that they are better than us. However I bet if we tried to sign any of these players, with the exception of Murray Davidson, the majority on here would claim they are not " Hibs class" and so on. I just do not get some people on here as to what they want and their expectations. Other clubs sign players like maybury and kerr and they play well in good teams, but to some arrogant hibbys they are not good enough for us. These are the types of players we have been sadly missing for a number of years imho. lately we have signed inexperienced players, Osbourne, plasson, etc, who have potential but no first team experience and finally we are targetting the right types of players who have a know how the SPL operates and if we can add experience and bring on the young players then I believe the club will move forward.

As for today as Andy74 says I felt positive after the first 20 minutes and felt we played some nice football. yes we need more signings but you have to remember that we have a tight budget and fenlon might feel he will get better players towards the end of the transfer window than what are available at the moment.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 06:15 PM
What do you think Brockie, a better team, progress or more of the same?

Hard to tell at this stage. We will get a better idea when we have played a round of competitve fixtures.....We look better at the back, but I would hope we create more than we have been doing....Happy enough with PF's signings

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Hard to tell at this stage. We will get a better idea when we have played a round of competitve fixtures.....We look better at the back, but I would hope we create more than we have been doing....Happy enough with PF's signings

I remember folk saying that last season, even though it was clear we were pish from the season before and that pre season.

Maybe its just me, but i am worried about the coming season, with a 10th then an 11th place finish, and in my mind no strengthening of the team, i'm worried about whats coming our way.

We have a difficult start with a threadbare squad, even 1 injury anywhere on the park seriously weakens us even more, imagine McPake gets injured too, jesus we'd have a combination of Stephens O'Hanlon or Hanlon, with Kujabi then coming in?

We are desperate in my opinion for players to come in, players who would walk straight into the team, not squad fillers like Maybury and Kerr.

Last season at the end, i was talking to my mate who travels up with us, and we were on about players like Stevenson Sproule and Claros, and how they need to be the back up players, they need to be those who come in for injuries and suspensions.

Well thats not happened, and it looks like Kerr is maybe the competition they will have? I think we really need to put to bed we are after quality over quantity. :rolleyes:

--------
28-07-2012, 06:30 PM
No one's saying we can just get rid of players. If the club and the player agree then the contract can be cancelled. Not rocket science.

I know that, but more than a few are acting and posting as if we can - punt the dross, free up the wages, and sign the replacements. It doesn't work that way.

I doubt whether the club have a clear enough idea of the budget available to them right now for Pat to be able to finalise further deals until the actual start of the season. But I DO expect more players to be brought in. Whether they'll meet our exacting standards, of course, is another matter.

Allan manus
gary Miller
frazer Wright
david McCracken
callum davidson
Chris Miller
Murray davidson
Patrick Cregg
liam craig
Gregory tade
Nigel hasselbaink

The above was the starting line up for St Johnstone on Thursday night and I was thinking that it is a common consensus on here that they are better than us. However I bet if we tried to sign any of these players, with the exception of Murray Davidson, the majority on here would claim they are not " Hibs class" and so on. I just do not get some people on here as to what they want and their expectations. Other clubs sign players like maybury and kerr and they play well in good teams, but to some arrogant hibbys they are not good enough for us. These are the types of players we have been sadly missing for a number of years imho. lately we have signed inexperienced players, Osbourne, plasson, etc, who have potential but no first team experience and finally we are targetting the right types of players who have a know how the SPL operates and if we can add experience and bring on the young players then I believe the club will move forward.

As for today as Andy74 says I felt positive after the first 20 minutes and felt we played some nice football. yes we need more signings but you have to remember that we have a tight budget and fenlon might feel he will get better players towards the end of the transfer window than what are available at the moment.