PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Fiasco

ArmadaleHibs
27-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a season ticket for me and my two boys and normally there's no problem until I used pay monthly scheme through Zebra finance. My first payment was due on the 20 something of May as I renewed early as I always do. This is when the fun began!!

In the middle of May I received a call from Zebra saying I missed my first payment of nearly 60 pounds. I said I don't think I've got my first payment until end of month but they were adamant. I was fined 25 quid for missing a payment and I payed straight away. Within a week of this another payment for the same Amount came out as a direct debit and I started to think they were just getting back on track.

I kept an eye on the situation and low and behold another two payments came out my account in June. But unfortunately I wasn't in the country so couldn't deal with it straight away. When another payment came out in the middle of July I got straight on to Zebra finance to find out what the hell was going on. I was told that nothing was wrong and I was contracted for two separate finance deals totalling nearly £1000.00 for my season ticket.

Now I'm a good supporter of the team I love but to pay double the amount for a ST is a bit crazy I said.

It turns out that my application was put through to finance company by Hibs not once but twice which I suppose is a mistake that could happen when dealing with thousands of applications.

It's taken me nearly two weeks to resolve this problem by going between hibs and zebra finance with each of them blaming each other with unfortunately for me just one loser, ME!!!! Although one of the accounts is now I'm assured , Cancelled!! Zebra finance cannot stop the payments straight away but will do soon and they won't return my overpayments back through my bank but will eventually send me a check in the near future.

Oh and just as I thought they're keeping the £25 fine for a missed payment that didn't exist.

Just thought I'd vent my feelings today and I wondered if any one else had been put through a similar experience.

GGTTH

Purple & Green
27-07-2012, 10:58 AM
That sounds unacceptable, and I don't think you should accept being out of pocket by £25.

Beefster
27-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Until Zebra agree to reimburse the £25, I'd be like a dog with a bone with this one and hassle Zebra and Hibs abut it. I'd probably start hassling for something for all the time, calls and stress sorting it out too but that sounds like it should be solely down to Hibs that do something for that.

Chuck Rhoades
27-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I had a smaller problem with Zebra with the fact I missed the first payment to and charged £25. Phoned up and complained as they had no reason not to take it. Turns out they put an extra digit in my account number - the fee was waived thankfully but only after a couple of phone calls.

ArmadaleHibs
27-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Until Zebra agree to reimburse the £25, I'd be like a dog with a bone with this one and hassle Zebra and Hibs abut it. I'd probably start hassling for something for all the time, calls and stress sorting it out too but that sounds like it should be solely down to Hibs that do something for that.

Agreed! I'm going to keep at them for the fee to be added to my mystery check that will arrive at Some time in the near future. Lol probably after I've payed for two adult and four kids tickets lol

Golden Bear
27-07-2012, 11:14 AM
That sounds unacceptable, and I don't think you should accept being out of pocket by £25.

:agree:

In fact a wee bit financial compensation for all the hassle should not be out of the question.

If push comes to shove then the OP should refer the circumstances to his local Trading Standards Office.

ArmadaleHibs
27-07-2012, 11:20 AM
To be honest I cannot fault the girl at hibs who's been dealing with my problem. She has been great. Intfact she was that good that I nearly just let it go and asked for the three extra season tickets but that would mean I'd have to take the mrs to the games and probably have to adopt two kids.

It's a definite no no to the mrs!! Probably easier puting her up for adoption though. And bringing in a couple of kids to take to the games!!!

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2012, 11:25 AM
To be honest I cannot fault the girl at hibs who's been dealing with my problem. She has been great. Intfact she was that good that I nearly just let it go and asked for the three extra season tickets but that would mean I'd have to take the mrs to the games and probably have to adopt two kids.

It's a definite no no to the mrs!! Probably easier puting her up for adoption though. And bringing in a couple of kids to take to the games!!!

I would be taking it further until I had a refund of the charge, in relation to their cock-up, and would expect a full written apology into the bargain. Why should you be charged for their incompetence?