PDA

View Full Version : Half-Time Cartoon: Royally Rogered

HNA4
26-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Malcolm, hibs.net's resident cartoonist, presents his latest work.

You can see it here... Royally Rogered (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?290-Half-Time-Cartoon-Royally-Rogered)

Saorsa
26-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Malcolm, hibs.net's resident cartoonist, presents his latest work.

You can see it here... Royally Rogered (http://www.hibs.net/content.php?290-Half-Time-Cartoon-Royally-Rogered):hilarious :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 08:35 AM
sorry, think the pun about his legs is a bit low, not funny. Have we now stooped as low as hun fans themselves. Maybe I´m just being a bit over sensitive?

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2012, 08:40 AM
What legs?

Phil D. Rolls
26-07-2012, 08:51 AM
sorry, think the pun about his legs is a bit low, not funny. Have we now stooped as low as hun fans themselves. Maybe I´m just being a bit over sensitive?

I thought it was really good apart from that line. It could lose that bit and still be just as good a cartoon.

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2012, 08:51 AM
What legs?

:devil:

Pedantic_Hibee
26-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I just appreciated the irony that it's David Murray who has left Rangers without a leg to stand on.

JohnStephens91
26-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Haha, that's ace :thumbsup:

NOLA
26-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I just appreciated the irony that it's David Murray who has left Rangers without a leg to stand on.
:cb

Keith_M
26-07-2012, 04:09 PM

On reflection, I have to agree.

I expect somebody wil be along any time now with "PC gone mad" or "you should stick to cricket" or other Pash but it would have been funny without the need to bring his disability into it.

malcolm
26-07-2012, 06:06 PM
On reflection, I have to agree.

I expect somebody wil be along any time now with "PC gone mad" or "you should stick to cricket" or other Pash but it would have been funny without the need to bring his disability into it.

all I will say is real equality should mean disability is simply a fact same as being bald, fat or maybe even ginger:greengrin and if it's not the target ( it was clearly not intended to make fun of his lack of legs) then arguably it's acceptable in cartoon humour which can and should go beyond prim and proper. ..and it is relevant to the old style penalty of being 'hung, drawn and quartered' which obviously was not an option hence second best of chop chop and the swipe at the perceived upstanding citizen that he was always painted as...

Jonnyboy
26-07-2012, 10:26 PM
all I will say is real equality should mean disability is simply a fact same as being bald, fat or maybe even ginger:greengrin and if it's not the target ( it was clearly not intended to make fun of his lack of legs) then arguably it's acceptable in cartoon humour which can and should go beyond prim and proper. ..and it is relevant to the old style penalty of being 'hung, drawn and quartered' which obviously was not an option hence second best of chop chop and the swipe at the perceived upstanding citizen that he was always painted as...

Agree with all of that (except the ginger bit :greengrin)

jgl07
27-07-2012, 02:16 PM

It is a bit 'below the belt'.

It is most likely aimed at G4S who famously put an electronic tag on a paroled offended's false leg.

Phil D. Rolls
28-07-2012, 06:21 AM

The man lost his legs in a car crash. I don't think you would have made a pun on that would you. Queen - "This is a complete car crash", Murray - "Tell me about it".

Or have I just set you up for the sequel? :greengrin

Hibercelona
28-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Don't mind the nae sayers.

You're cartoons are leg-end-ary mate. :wink: