PDA

View Full Version : Olympic fitba / "Team GB" (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

grammyb111
28-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Micah Richards, Ryan Giggs and Craig Bellamy in as the over-age players.

HH81
28-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought Steven Fletcher might have got the nod.

grammyb111
28-06-2012, 11:08 AM
No Beckham either, I thought he was a shoe-in. I'm also surprised they didn't have a Scot in there, just to 'appease' us.

JohnStephens91
28-06-2012, 11:08 AM
If the women's squad is anything to go by, a lot of Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish players have no chance of getting in. It wouldn't surprise me if there is 3 Welsh players, 2 Scottish, 1 Northern Irish and the rest English.

Piqué
28-06-2012, 11:30 AM
No Beckham either, I thought he was a shoe-in. I'm also surprised they didn't have a Scot in there, just to 'appease' us.
Well there's still 20 spaces left, surely at least 1 Scot will make it. The under-21s captain perhaps? :wink:

Mr Green Genes
28-06-2012, 11:55 AM
If the women's squad is anything to go by, a lot of Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish players have no chance of getting in. It wouldn't surprise me if there is 3 Welsh players, 2 Scottish, 1 Northern Irish and the rest English.

16 English players. 2 Scots, 0 Welsh & 0 NI players - I believe!
First game in Cardiff, too............

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Scots in the Olympic football squad :confused: I hope not, we want to try and win not just turn up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Hee hee!

PatHead
28-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Scots in the Olympic football squad :confused: I hope not, we want to try and win not just turn up.

Just like you won the Euros and the World Cup before that.............................................. ....:wink:

Hope they keep the unbiased pundits and commentators for the tournament as well as they provide really useful insight.

Elephant Stone
28-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Hopefully we'll have plenty of those English triers then.:faf:

derekHFC
28-06-2012, 12:54 PM

:fishin: :tee hee:

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Seems like the whole of England is sobbing about no Beckham. He's way past it, why would you include someone because they were good?

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2012, 01:19 PM
:fishin: :tee hee:

Stop spoiling SH's fun! ;-)
Its good therapy for him!

LancashireHibby
28-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Seems like the whole of England is sobbing about no Beckham
I can assure you they're not!

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I can assure you they're not!

I amaybe exaggerated after reading a few twitter posts. :tee hee:

hibee92
28-06-2012, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DolO_Xe7Asg

hibee92
28-06-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH5F-C2em78

hibee92
28-06-2012, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_GM10Rz-vw

hibee92
28-06-2012, 02:25 PM
So... when are England turning up?

HH81
28-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I think the Olympics will attract a lot of cougars.

green glory
28-06-2012, 02:49 PM

If they're MILF cougars I might suddenly get interested in the Olympics? Lol

HH81
28-06-2012, 02:50 PM
If they're MILF cougars I might suddenly get interested in the Olympics? Lol

All types of cougars. Fraze was telling me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2012, 02:50 PM

I never could! Too late now!

Andy74
28-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Seems like the whole of England is sobbing about no Beckham. He's way past it, why would you include someone because they were good?

If England played in any sort of style that meant they could keep the ball for more than a few seconds Beckham could still be in there, sitting in front of the back four now and pinging the ball abut like Pirlo.

With the British style we get rid of these players who still have ability because they can't sprint around the place quite as much as they used to.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Should england use the olympics are a way of giving their young players a taste of tournament football. Honestly this is what they are debating.

LancashireHibby
28-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Surely they should be debating whether or not Team GB should be allowed entry to "Olympics 2" if they get knocked out early doors?

frazeHFC
28-06-2012, 10:19 PM
All types of cougars. Fraze was telling me.

It's true. :agree: Cougars everywhere!

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I would hope nae self respecting Scot would have anything tae dae with this pish. At this time though Scottish fitba is on a knife edge, if the wrong decision is made then I couldnae give a **** if the national team goes down the pan and the SFA with it. I've always backed the SFA on their anti-GB stance but if they make the wrong choice now then they can go and **** themselves.

Future17
29-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I think Barry Bannan is likely to be the only Scot in the squad.

--------
29-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I would hope nae self respecting Scot would have anything tae dae with this pish. At this time though Scottish fitba is on a knife edge, if the wrong decision is made then I couldnae give a **** if the national team goes down the pan and the SFA with it. I've always backed the SFA on their anti-GB stance but if they make the wrong choice now then they can go and **** themselves.

Yup. I would say that the Scottish fans are revolting, but actually it's the SPL, SFA, SFL, Newco Huns, Oldco Huns and all their fellow travellers who're revolting. I'm just totally disgusted, myself.

Going by Roy Hodgson's comments on Sunday night, and the coverage of the "David Beckham not picked for Olymic Squad" non-story, the purpose of the "Team GB" football adventure is:

1. To provide a fitting stage for Lord Davie Spice the former ENGLAND captain to bow out of international football - based on "all that he's done for BRITISH (sic) sport".

2. To provide a not-too-important tournament for the ENGLISH FA to look for new "talent" - using the word loosely - for the ENGLAND team in the future.

And 3. To provide the crackers and rednecks who follow the ENGLAND team with something to occupy their tiny minds until "The Greatest League In The World" starts up again at the end of August.

Do I sound bitter and totally brassed-off?

Thought so. :devil:

HH81
29-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I have just looked, 1000's tickets left for old Trafford when GB play there.

Fantastic chance for some to get in their 'first visit'.

I think I will give it a miss as I'll be with the cougars that day.

Haymaker
29-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Football tickets are apparently quite low selling, not much of a surprise when the leagues are kicking off around the same time!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Surprised the 'Gers fans haven't seized the opportunity to purchase Hampden tickets in an event to make their voices heard, it would be an interesting one for the authorities to deal with.

BoltonHibee
29-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Football tickets are apparently quite low selling, not much of a surprise when the leagues are kicking off around the same time!

Never an Olympic Sport, and who the **** would want to watch a football team GB??

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Never an Olympic Sport, and who the **** would want to watch a football team GB??

I will watch it on telly, the turnstiles are a lot bigger in my house. :wink:

Frazerbob
29-06-2012, 07:03 PM
No Scots or Northern Irish. At last some good news for Scottish football!

Sudds_1
29-06-2012, 07:33 PM

let me see............Sproule? :rolleyes:

Colr
29-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Yup. I would say that the Scottish fans are revolting, but actually it's the SPL, SFA, SFL, Newco Huns, Oldco Huns and all their fellow travellers who're revolting. I'm just totally disgusted, myself.

Going by Roy Hodgson's comments on Sunday night, and the coverage of the "David Beckham not picked for Olymic Squad" non-story, the purpose of the "Team GB" football adventure is:

1. To provide a fitting stage for Lord Davie Spice the former ENGLAND captain to bow out of international football - based on "all that he's done for BRITISH (sic) sport".

2. To provide a not-too-important tournament for the ENGLISH FA to look for new "talent" - using the word loosely - for the ENGLAND team in the future.

And 3. To provide the crackers and rednecks who follow the ENGLAND team with something to occupy their tiny minds until "The Greatest League In The World" starts up again at the end of August.

Maybe, but Scotland are really ***** these days...and its not just Potter's doing.

Dashing Bob S
29-06-2012, 10:16 PM

There's that old saying, "give em enough rope...".

This entire Team GB nonsense was set up as an opportunistic piece of social engineering to make all of us ingrates feel part of Dave C's inclusive Britain, and let us share in the great spectacle of the London Olympics. Now it looks a massive own goal, with the 'British is English and Scots are second-class citizens at best' message trickling out like toxic subtext into the body politic.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-06-2012, 11:10 PM
McCarthur (The defensive Scottish one).

Springbank
30-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Haha the guy's I'm laughing at are the OF idiots who prostituted themselves to the idea of Team GB - your Naismiths and Forrests.

"I'd love to play for Team GB, what an honour" etc etc.

Aye well, nae joy!

Hope Team GB pitch up at Hampden for a game, so I can cheer the other team (Anyone But Pearce's mob)

Plus, Wales proving they are nothing more than a region, and never a nation.

It's a political tinderbox and I am loving it, Saor Alba

The Green Goblin
30-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Maybe all the huns should start following team GB? They get to legitimately sing their favourite (non-sectarian) anthem at the start, they are wearing red, white and blue and they get to see them more often than they will shortly be seeing their own team: once every four years.

Eyrie
30-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't see why anyone would be bothered by the non-selection of Scottish (or Northern Irish) players, given the steadfast opposition of both SFA and the overwhelming majority of fans to Scots being involved. They should simply be pleased that none have been chosen.

Besides, who takes Olympic football seriously? It's on a par with synchronised swimming as a sporting event, especially falling as it does between the proper tournaments of the European Championships and the 2012-13 season.

One Day Soon
30-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Haha the guy's I'm laughing at are the OF idiots who prostituted themselves to the idea of Team GB - your Naismiths and Forrests.

"I'd love to play for Team GB, what an honour" etc etc.

Aye well, nae joy!

Hope Team GB pitch up at Hampden for a game, so I can cheer the other team (Anyone But Pearce's mob)

Plus, Wales proving they are nothing more than a region, and never a nation.

It's a political tinderbox and I am loving it, Saor Alba

:faf: You think this irrelevance is a political tinderbox?

Where do you buy your tartan paint?

Saorsa
30-06-2012, 12:14 PM
:faf: You think this irrelevance is a political tinderbox?

Where do you buy your tartan paint?The shop next door tae where you by your union jack boxers? :dunno:

One Day Soon
30-06-2012, 02:44 PM
The shop next door tae where you by your union jack boxers? :dunno:

Wait, you and the other guy are absolutely right. It is a 'political tinderbox'.

Angry mobs will take to the streets in a Salmond-led Nationalist Spring triggered by this gigantic football injustice.

I'm away to stock up on supplies of union jack branded food and water for my bunker so I can survive until the terrible social unrest is over.

Scouse Hibee
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM

Good to see Stuart Pearce is on the same wavelength and left the Jocks oot! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Live on BBC1 now, ko 7.45pm
Worth a look. Brazil include Hulk and Neymar

SGHIBEE
20-07-2012, 06:46 PM
That Brazil team looks ridiculous!

Pretty Boy
20-07-2012, 06:47 PM
3 or 4 goal victory for Brazil.

goosefat
20-07-2012, 06:48 PM
:yawn:

Magnifique
20-07-2012, 06:51 PM
:yawn:

Is this a friendly olympic football proper?

sbell1875
20-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm not supporting the Great Britain team at the Olympics but i wanted to comment and say im glad the kit isn't just a selection of red and white like I'd have expected.

Stuart Pearce is a t*at though!

--------
20-07-2012, 07:09 PM
TEAM NOT GB.

Wales/Engerluund Select.

Nothing to do with me - come on BRAZIL. :flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Classic from Bellamy during Nat Anthem, he wasn't in the least interested in the silly tune. Well done Craigee boy(o).

SouthMoroccoStu
20-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Did that wee girl Naymar ever apologise for calling the Scotland fans racist after the banana incident during the brazil game at the emirates?

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Pretty sure the commentator called them england, still ridiculous that there are no irish or scottish players in that squad

Pretty Boy
20-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure the commentator called them england, still ridiculous that there are no irish or scottish players in that squad

Why would there be Irish players in Team GB?

Realistically what Scottish players should have been in the squad? Remembering the majority of players have to be under 23, not many jump out at me.

Hiber-nation
20-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Jeezus, how bad is Garth Crooks...

Part/Time Supporter
20-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Realistically what Scottish players should have been in the squad? Remembering the majority of players have to be under 23, not many jump out at me.

Forrest, but I think Celtic put the kibosh in that with having CL qualifiers.

ballengeich
20-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Northern Ireland players are eligible.

No dispute with your second point.

Craig_in_Prague
20-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Rhodes?
Scored loads last season albeit league one..though also done well for scots u21 team.
disgrace not even one scot was picked. shocking really.

Hiber-nation
20-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Rhodes?
Scored loads last season albeit league one..though also done well for scots u21 team.

Oh well at least Ifeona Dieke (sp) was woman of the match in the ladies game....

SteveHFC
20-07-2012, 07:48 PM
The thread title should be changed to This so called Team GB vs Brazil :aok:

HibsNutter
20-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Hope Brazil score another 3/4..

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 08:09 PM

eh cause NI is part of britain, im not saying we have outstanding players but guys like fletcher and hanley are 2 imo who could have been in the squad, its supposed to be a british team
also was jordan rhodes not one of if not the top goalscorer in britain last season? Surely worth a call up

stokesmessiah
20-07-2012, 08:21 PM
eh cause NI is part of britain, im not saying we have outstanding players but guys like fletcher and hanley are 2 imo who could have been in the squad, its supposed to be a british team
also was jordan rhodes not one of if not the top goalscorer in britain last season? Surely worth a call up

Eh Ireland and NI are two different countries.

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Eh Ireland and NI are two different countries.

Where did i say there werent? I said i thought there should be irish and scottish players in the team, didnt feel the need to say northern irish players as i thought it would have been obvious what i was talking about

stokesmessiah
20-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Where did i say there werent? I said i thought there should be irish and scottish players in the team, didnt feel the need to say northern irish players as i thought it would have been obvious what i was talking about

He said why would there be Irish...oh never mind.

stokesmessiah
20-07-2012, 08:27 PM
BTW that is a really strong Brazil team.

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 08:30 PM
He said why would there be Irish...oh never mind.

I know exactly what ur getting at, just cant be bothered getting into a debate about ireland and northern ireland when im talking about a british football team

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I know exactly what ur getting at, just cant be bothered getting into a debate about ireland and northern ireland when im talking about a british football team

Being pedantic, it should be Team UK, since NI isn't part of GB. However, that's a soapbox I get on every 4 years....:greengrin

stokesmessiah
20-07-2012, 08:34 PM

Same here mate, sorry, i didnt mean to sound offensive. I might be getting slightly confused with one thing...is this the Brazilian olympic team or just Brazil?

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 08:37 PM
GB goalie is pulling off some great saves

Looks a great prospect

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 08:39 PM
GB goalie is pulling off some great saves

Looks a great prospect

Looks a really good keeper, i missed his age but he looks pretty young. A few good saves

stokesmessiah
20-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok, WTF is Savage's red trousers and slightly too tight shirt about?

RoxburghHibs
20-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Looks a really good keeper, i missed his age but he looks pretty young. A few good saves

:thumbsup: GB stuffed

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok, WTF is Savage's red trousers and slightly too tight shirt about?

Just finished saying the same. He is a complete prat

--------
20-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Being pedantic, it should be Team UK, since NI isn't part of GB. However, that's a soapbox I get on every 4 years....:greengrin

Well, if NI had any players in it.

Should do as cricket does - call it the EWFT - the England-Wales-Football-Team.

The little bits I saw in the Advert spaces of 'Mythbusters' and 'HIGONFY', They were absolutely awful.

Good. :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Well, if NI had any players in it.

Should do as cricket does - call it the EWFT - the England-Wales-Football-Team.

The little bits I saw in the Advert spaces of 'Mythbusters' and 'HIGONFY', They were absolutely awful.

Good. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but the whole Olympic team is called team GB. Does my nuts in.

And that will be my last word on the subject. Aye shining bright. :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
20-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Rhodes?

Being ironic? (He's English)...

clerriehibs
20-07-2012, 09:16 PM

Hmm ... so in the GB team for the rowing quad sculls, you think we should have an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Welshman and a Northern Irishman because it's a British team, rather than just picking the best 4 available, regardless of Home Nation nationality?

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Waaah, there shouldnt be a GB football team. Waaah, Scots should refuse to play in it. Waaah, there's a GB football team and they haven't picked any Scots for it. Waaah, the manager's not of exactly equal English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish ancestry. Waaah, the player the Scotland manager won't select and who won't play for Scotland should have been picked for the Team GB side that shouldn't be allowed to play as a team in the first place.

FFS. What a load of slavering pi5h.

I hope GB walk it in every event.

Hibercelona
20-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh, its Olympic time already?....... zzzzzzzzzzzz

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Waaah, there shouldnt be a GB football team. Waaah, Scots should refuse to play in it. Waaah, there's a GB football team and they haven't picked any Scots for it. Waaah, the manager's not of exactly equal English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish ancestry. Waaah, the player the Scotland manager won't select and who won't play for Scotland should have been picked for the Team GB side that shouldn't be allowed to play as a team in the first place.

...surely no the swimming or the cycling?

clerriehibs
20-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Fair do's ... but cropley has a point, not that he wants it mentioned again. Team GB ... when it's the "UK of GB & NI" ... so it should be Team UK.

It's as irritating as the English media talking about England when they mean Britain (or UK).

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Fair do's ... but cropley has a point, not that he wants it mentioned again. Team GB ... when it's the "UK of GB & NI" ... so it should be Team UK.

It's as irritating as the English media talking about England when they mean Britain (or UK).

That distinction is about as important as the distinction between a Marathon and a Snickers. Though to be fair I am VERY particular about calling it a Marathon.

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:40 PM
...surely no the swimming or the cycling?

Or the sprints...

Allant1981
20-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Hmm ... so in the GB team for the rowing quad sculls, you think we should have an Englishman, a Scotsman, a Welshman and a Northern Irishman because it's a British team, rather than just picking the best 4 available, regardless of Home Nation nationality?

When you put it like that then no obviously, but there is no way that some of these guys in that squad are miles better than the young scottish guys, its a token gesture putting this team in the olympics so imo they should have had guys from all home nations

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 09:42 PM
That distinction is about as important as the distinction between a Marathon and a Snickers. Though to be fair I am VERY particular about calling it a Marathon.

It's a bit dismissive of the few million that live in Northern Ireland though, is it not? It irritates me, but it must really hack them off.

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:44 PM
It's a bit dismissive of the few million that live in Northern Ireland though, is it not? It irritates me, but it must really hack them off.

I didn't realise that the Snickers marketing had worked so well in Northern Ireland.

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I didn't realise that the Snickers marketing had worked so well in Northern Ireland.

Don't you remember? "The future's bright, the future's brown and blue???"

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Don't you remember? "The future's bright, the future's brown and blue???"

I thought it "came up peanuts, bite after bite"?

clerriehibs
20-07-2012, 09:54 PM

Ah, you English crack me up ...

CropleyWasGod
20-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I thought it "came up peanuts, bite after bite"?

That's squirrel crap.

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Ah, you English crack me up ...

Well, you're a good looking bird but your brains are in the front...

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 09:58 PM
That's squirrel crap.

It's true I tell you

Wembley67
20-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh, its Olympic time already?....... zzzzzzzzzzzz

It's not my cup of tea but surely you have to appreciate athletes at the very very top of their game irrespective of the event?

One Day Soon
20-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Bed time for me.

However, I'm Scottish and British. I'm not Scottish and United Kingdomish. UK is an administrative label of convenience, GB and British is where the emotional attachment, for those of us Scots who have one that is, lies in terms of the United Islands. Both sides in Northern Ireland use the Brit label - both Brits Out and the No Surrender Brits.

So, come on Team GB.

monktonharp
20-07-2012, 10:49 PM
That distinction is about as important as the distinction between a Marathon and a Snickers. Though to be fair I am VERY particular about calling it a Marathon.marathon, what you talkin' about.....sucker!

Whos-the-poster
20-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh well at least Ifeona Dieke (sp) was woman of the match in the ladies game....

Aye she defended superbly i thought :saltireflag

Dinkydoo
20-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Now that marathon and snickers has been done; could anyone really argue that a Mars Bar is better than the good old Titan?

And yes, the latter does deserve capitalisation...

easty
25-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone watching the Cameroon v Brazil game on BBC3? Womens football is so so so so bad. You have to wonder why they bother.

Mikey
25-07-2012, 07:10 PM
6 pages, 2 bannings and 3 sex changes coming up :greengrin

easty
25-07-2012, 07:13 PM
6 pages, 2 bannings and 3 sex changes coming up :greengrin

:aok:

Most of the time it looks like they're just swinging thier leg randomly and hoping for the best. :wink:

DaveF
25-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Most of the time it looks like they're just swinging thier leg randomly and hoping for the best. :wink:

Sounds like my sunday 5's :greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-07-2012, 07:18 PM
It's the goalkeeping that gets me, its just terrible.

Watched the GB v New Zealand game earlier and a woman hit a shot with absolutely zero pace about 3 yards right of centre, it was quite high admittedly but the GB keeper made a total meal of it, big flick over the bar complete with swan dive. In the men's game even a Hibs keeper would have strolled over and plucked it from the air comfortably.

At least she actually saved it, most of the time they just looked scared of the ball.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I prefer the circus.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2012, 07:23 PM
The women's game at Hampden has been cracking so far :wink:

Calvin
25-07-2012, 07:26 PM
The women's game at Hampden has been cracking so far :wink:
Can't beat a flag debate!

fife hfc
25-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I just seen the flag problem on twitter, what a mistake to make:greengrin

Haymaker
25-07-2012, 07:27 PM
All about team USA and the lovely Alex Morgan.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Can't beat a flag debate!

:greengrin indeed :flag:

fife hfc
25-07-2012, 07:32 PM
just googled Alex Morgan:drool:

YehButNoBut
25-07-2012, 07:37 PM
North Korea Women v Colombia Women was meant to ko at 7:45pm at Hampden, however someone had placed a South Korean flag beside the names of the team from the North and they have taken the huff and walked off before the game started.

Think it will now ko at 8:50pm,wonder who did that. :greengrin

lyonhibs
25-07-2012, 07:39 PM
It's the goalkeeping that gets me, its just terrible.

Watched the GB v New Zealand game earlier and a woman hit a shot with absolutely zero pace about 3 yards right of centre, it was quite high admittedly but the GB keeper made a total meal of it, big flick over the bar complete with swan dive. In the men's game even a Hibs keeper would have strolled over and plucked it from the air comfortably.

At least she actually saved it, most of the time they just looked scared of the ball.

This :agree: It's like the Zaire keeper from the 1974 World Cup just went on a rampage and fathered a legion of girls to keep up his legacy.

It's good to see it growing and more power to their elbows but women's football is - by and large - eye watering, unrelenting guff.

J-C
25-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Watched GB v NZ earlier, managed 20 mins before I had to turn it off, ball was like a very potato, nobody wanted it more than 3 seconds each, technique was pretty poor, 1st time I've really watched womens footie and wasn't overly impressed.

Bring on the womens beach volleyball :greengrin:agree:

J-C
25-07-2012, 07:44 PM
North Korea Women v Colombia Women was meant to ko at 7:45pm at Hampden, however someone had placed a South Korean flag beside the names of the team from the North and they have taken the huff and walked off before the game started.

Anthems just starting, lets hope they get that right or a nuclear attack might be on it's way. :greengrin

Haymaker
25-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Oh aye. She scored today as well.

Mikey
25-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Oh aye. She scored today as well.

I'll bet she did.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Anthems just starting, lets hope they get that right or a nuclear attack might be on it's way. :greengrin

The games in Glasgow, would we even know if one landed?

J-C
25-07-2012, 07:48 PM
The games in Glasgow, would we even know if one landed?

haha :greengrin:greengrin

Mikey
25-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Are the lines(wo)men wearing head sets so they can be told when it's offside?

James.
25-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Get her signed Petrie and that's our extra 3000 season tickets sorted!

J-C
The game so quiet, must be the Rangers home support there tonight.

N Korean womens team are the dog's bollock's seemingly. :greengrin

bingo70
They should play on smaller pitches, with smaller goals and naked.

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Anyone else going to Hampden tomorrow?

Honduras (nae Claros) vs Morocco (nae Zooma or Benji), followed by Japan vs Spain.

De Gea, Mata and Alba all in the Spain squad. :cb

J-C
25-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Ahem, remember what happened to Andy Gray. :greengrin

VickMackie
25-07-2012, 07:56 PM

:faf:

SteveHFC
25-07-2012, 07:58 PM

:rotflmao:

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Me too :aok:

Here she is totally naked, but with bikini body paint on. Not my type of girl really but my type of girls are so offbeat and kooky that my conscious brain makes me forget who they are most of the time.... :paranoid:

http://theoriginalwinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/alex-morgan-body-paint.jpg

SteveHFC
25-07-2012, 07:59 PM

:top marks

Haymaker
25-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Reckon we would be full every week!

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Check out my previous post and follow the link :aok:

easty
25-07-2012, 08:02 PM

stop fighting north and south korea...you're both basically chinese :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKLF1Ftbp0&feature=related

Mark79
25-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Anyone watching the Cameroon v Brazil game on BBC3? Womens football is so so so so bad. You have to wonder why they bother.

Better than me at football. Im tom kite.

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Please get the names of the countries correct.
"North Korea", a misnomer created by the Western press and their paymasters is in fact
the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
"South Korea", as lauded by the corrupt Imperialist media dogs is in fact an illegally occupied part of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, with a US controlled puppet in charge of its false regime... :wink:

goosefat
25-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Hibs.net offer prize of free webcam link to changing rooms at full time for most inappropriate comment in this thread.

:tsk tsk:

fife hfc
25-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm going with my son and it should be a decent couple of matches. I was hoping Claros or Zouma may have been called up as overage players, it would have added a bit of interest. also got tickets for the Quarter final at St james' park and barring a disaster it should be Brazil.

SteveHFC
25-07-2012, 08:08 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8029_557612216385_2052807549_n.jpg

Geo_1875
25-07-2012, 08:10 PM
The game so quiet, must be the Rangers home support there tonight.

N Korean womens team are the dog's bollock's seemingly. :greengrin

Surely you mean they eat dogs and their bollocks.

Saorsa
25-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Hibs.net offer prize of free webcam link to changing rooms at full time for most inappropriate comment in this thread.

:tsk tsk:what about inappropriate smilies? http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/1024.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/boobies.gif

:duck: :offski:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 08:20 PM
what about inappropriate smilies? http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/1024.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/boobies.gif

:faf::faf:

SteveHFC
25-07-2012, 08:20 PM
what about inappropriate smilies? http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/1024.gif http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/boobies.gif

:faf:

DH1875
25-07-2012, 08:47 PM

Honduras (nae Claros) vs Morocco (nae Zooma or Benji), followed by Japan vs Spain.

Javi Martinez is also in the squad :thumbsup:.

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Okay here goes. Womens football might have its fair amount of t**s bouncing everywhere and mild fem-on-fem physical contact but my favourite is a good camogie match. It almost like having sex, the entire match you get to wonder whose thighs would look best on a hotel bed cover and who looks like they've got the best t**s but the money shot comes at the final whistle when they all rip their helmets off and it's like some kind of sport based advert for a sensual womens' shampoo. They do all that "shaking my hair free" head flicking and if its an important match there is usually quite a lot of girly cuddling going on between the members of the winning team. Do I win? :greengrin

:tsk tsk:

tony
25-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Just back from the US France match. For all the comments here I thought it would be worth pointing out that the game was a damn sight more fun than the last one I attended at Hampden. And the French number 10, although without the pace and strength etc etc had more of a football brain than our entire midfield. Two teams that didnt look out of place on that pitch, which is more than could be said for our lot. Saying all that the Colombia Korea game is murder and im glad i headed home!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Bring on the womens beach volleyball :greengrin:agree:

There was a Beach Volleyball tournie going on in the middle of Leuven on Saturday, most folk I spoke to seemed quite impressed by the standard of the lady players! :love ya!:

silverhibee
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I prefer the circus.

With coco the clown. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Reckon we would be full every week!

I think I'd be empty! :tee hee:

silverhibee
25-07-2012, 09:23 PM

My son and friends are going tomorrow.

heretoday
25-07-2012, 10:07 PM

And they kept the mystified crowd waiting for an hour. What a cock-up. When I heard about it I thought "Please don't let it be Hampden" but no, the gods weren't smiling.

"Aw naw wuh've went and put the wrong flag up...." Cue jokes tomorrow about big Scots puddins etc.

marinello59
25-07-2012, 10:14 PM
And they kept the mystified crowd waiting for an hour. What a cock-up. When I heard about it I thought "Please don't let it be Hampden" but no, the gods weren't smiling.

"Aw naw wuh've went and put the wrong flag up...." Cue jokes tomorrow about big Scots puddins etc.
My 10 year old laddy pointed the error out to me as soon as their flag appeared but I though nothing of it. I had to text Mrs M59 to find out why we were looking at an empty pitch half an hour after the game was supposed to start. It got worse, somebody started a Mexican wave to pass the time.

Lungo--Drom
25-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Classic!!! :faf:

I think I'd be empty! :tee hee:

Whos-the-poster
26-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Just back from the US France match. For all the comments here I thought it would be worth pointing out that the game was a damn sight more fun than the last one I attended at Hampden. And the French number 10, although without the pace and strength etc etc had more of a football brain than our entire midfield. Two teams that didnt look out of place on that pitch, which is more than could be said for our lot. Saying all that the Colombia Korea game is murder and im glad i headed home!

:agree: Really good game. Was at the match too supposadly doing youth work as we were given free tickets for the kids but instead just ended up slyly perving over alex morgan, hope solo etc..... and Oh my alex morgan has the sexiest running style ive ever seen.

fifehibby7-0
26-07-2012, 07:32 AM
no Scottish players
no N Irish players

not really a team GB

more like team welish (see what i did there welsh / english) ;)

hope they get PUMPED

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Here's the Scottish athletes at the Olympics -

Scottish Olympians by sport

• Athletics: Eilidh Child - 400m hurdles, Eilish McColgan - 3,000m steeplechase, Lee McConnell - 400m and 4x400m relay, Lynsey Sharp - 800m

• Badminton: Imogen Bankier - Mixed Doubles, Susan Egelstaff - Singles

• Basketball: Keiron Achara and Robert Archibald - Men's, Rose Anderson - Women's

• Boxing: Josh Taylor - Men's 60kg

• Canoeing: David Florence - Slalom C1 and C2, Tim Baillie - Slalom C2

• Cycling: Chris Hoy - Keirin, Team sprint, David Millar - Road Race

• Equestrian: Scott Brash - Showjumping

• Fencing: Richard Kruse - Men's Foil, Anna Bentley - Women's Foil

• Football: Ifeoma Dieke and Kim Little - Women's

• Gymnastics: Daniel Purvis - Men's Artistic Individual

• Handball: Nina Heglund, Lynn McCafferty, Nina Heglund - Women's, Daniel McMillan and Chris Mohr - Men's

• Hockey: Laura Bartlett and Emily McGuire - Women's

• Judo: Euan Burton - Under 81kg, Chris Sherrington - Over 100kg, Sarah Clark - Under 63kg, Sally Conway - Under 70kg

• Modern Pentathlon: Mhairi Spence

• Rowing: Katherine Grainger - Women's double scull, Lindsey Maguire - Women's eight, Heather Stanning - Women's pair

• Sailing: Luke Patience, 470 Class

• Swimming: Craig Benson - 100m Breaststroke, David Carry - 400m Freestyle and 4x200m relay, Michael Jamieson - 100m and 200m Breaststroke, Robbie Renwick - 200m and 400m Freestyle, Caitlin McClatchey - 200m Freestyle and 4x200m relay, Hannah Miley - 200m and 400m Individual Medley

• Target Shooting: Jon Hammond - Prone Rifle Men, Jen McIntosh - Air Rifle Women

• Tennis: Colin Fleming - Men's Doubles, Andy Murray - Men's Singles and Doubles, Jamie Murray - Men's Doubles, Elena Baltacha - Ladies Singles and Doubles

• Volleyball: Chris Lamont and Mark McGivern - Men's, Lynne Beattie and Joanne Morgan - Women's, Shauna Mullin - Women's Beach

• Weightlifting: Peter Kirkbride - 94kg

fifehibby7-0
26-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Team GB football (mens):rolleyes:

LancsHibs
26-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Nope, no interest. I will be supporting team GB during the Olympics but not in the football, sorry!

fifehibby7-0
26-07-2012, 07:48 AM
spot on mate , me too

goosefat
26-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Nope. I'm rewinding video tapes this evening, then sorting socks.

Saorsa
26-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Nae interest in team GB, fitba or otherwise. In fact I have nae interest in the olympics period.

heretoday
26-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Football (and tennis) shouldn't be in the Olympics. It's a joke. So I will definitely not be watching.

heretoday
26-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Apparently the flag error was a corporate one in that the info display programme originated in London and goes out to all the venues nationwide.

So some pie-faced Weegie was not to blame!

Of course, the North Koreans could have taken it in good part and laughed it off but they'd probably be looking at a stretch in a prison camp if they had.

lucky
26-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I will be watching but have as much interest as watching Scotland......not a lot. Much prefer club football

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Nae interest in team GB, fitba or otherwise. In fact I have nae interest in the olympics period.

This.

I'll watch the boxing, that's it.

The concept of people watching fencing, sailing, archery and a whole host of other sports they never bother about in the 4 years between Olympics baffles me.

wearethehibs
26-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Didn't Scotland not want any Scottish players to be included? So we got what we wanted.

Saying that I still want GB to get humped. Really don't like Pearce.

Hainan Hibs
26-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Have different feelings depending on the sport. I'll cheer on the UK athletes who live for the Olympics, but "Team GB" football can do one.

I'd be pissed off if I was an athlete with David Beckham prancing about the entire time as if the Olympics is what he has lived for.

JHFC
26-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I will be supporting Sir Chris Hoy and Andy Murray!

marinello59
26-07-2012, 09:10 AM
This.

I'll watch the boxing, that's it.

The concept of people watching fencing, sailing, archery and a whole host of other sports they never bother about in the 4 years between Olympics baffles me.

But isn't that the point though? People watch minority sports they may not have considered before and hopefully some take them up. I love fitba but worry that many kids will only play that one sport and not partcipate in alternatives. I don't buy in to the politicians view of a nation of couch spuds becoming fitness freaks because of the Olympics but some kids and adults may well be inspired by what they see.

As for team GB, if it's on and I am in the room I will watch, if it's a decent match I will stick with it, otherwise I will leave it to my wee lad to enjoy. Like a lot of his mates he is really excited about the whole London 2012 thing but then kids aren't as cynical as us when it comes to just relaxing and enjoying something.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 09:13 AM
**** team gb

brog
26-07-2012, 09:14 AM
The fact that they're called Team GB excludes NI by definition!! Crazy & a real insult to NI! I can't get over excited about the olympics, despite or maybe because of living in London but neither can I understand people wanting any of our competitors to lose, particularly regarding the footy when we ( SFA ) didn't want to play anyway!!

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 09:22 AM
But isn't that the point though? People watch minority sports they may not have considered before and hopefully some take them up. I love fitba but worry that many kids will only play that one sport and not partcipate in alternatives. I don't buy in to the politicians view of a nation of couch spuds becoming fitness freaks because of the Olympics but some kids and adults may well be inspired by what they see.

As for team GB, if it's on and I am in the room I will watch, if it's a decent match I will stick with it, otherwise I will leave it to my wee lad to enjoy. Like a lot of his mates he is really excited about the whole London 2012 thing but then kids aren't as cynical as us when it comes to just relaxing and enjoying something.

I absolutely get why kids are excited by the Olympics and want to watch different sports. If a few take them up even better.

What gets me though is adults who suddenly start pontificating about sports you have never seen them show the slightest interest in before.

At my age I know what sports I like, football, golf and boxing and the Olympics could be on 24/7 for the next 10 years and I wouldn't suddenly have an urge to start rowing or to take up dressage. Most of the minority sports at the Olympics can be viewed year round on Eurosport or Sky Sports but are largely ignored by the media and much of the public yet when the Olympics cone around a lot of people suddenly seem to.be experts.

goosefat
26-07-2012, 09:22 AM
I will be watching but have as much interest as watching Scotland......not a lot. Much prefer club football

Agree. International football is a nonsense anyway without the diluted spectacle of team GB. Lets get the next 2 weeks out of the way ASAP then get back to the real thing.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Looking forward to Spain v Japan this afternoon from Hampden, Spain should have a good side out.

Think it will likely be a Spain v Brazil final.

KO 2:45pm on BBC. :thumbsup:

H18sry
26-07-2012, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3to7MoGHBE :aok:

--------
26-07-2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18993023

No difference really.

:rolleyes:

McKenzie
26-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Apart from the fact they are probably the worst enemies in the world then no not much difference.

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I suppose if you are going to botch up flags then it might as well be the full monty - really annoy an unstable dictator of a heavily armed paranoid state by using the flag of the country that is focus of greatest ire....:rolleyes:

easty
26-07-2012, 09:58 AM
this was probably still worse though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119505/Kazakhstans-prostitutes-cleanest-region-Shocking-blunder-Borats-National-Anthem-played-medal-ceremony.html

marinello59
26-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I absolutely get why kids are excited by the Olympics and want to watch different sports. If a few take them up even better.

What gets me though is adults who suddenly start pontificating about sports you have never seen them show the slightest interest in before.

At my age I know what sports I like, football, golf and boxing and the Olympics could be on 24/7 for the next 10 years and I wouldn't suddenly have an urge to start rowing or to take up dressage. Most of the minority sports at the Olympics can be viewed year round on Eurosport or Sky Sports but are largely ignored by the media and much of the public yet when the Olympics cone around a lot of people suddenly seem to.be experts.

Go on, get yourself a pony and go for a few jumps. :thumbsup:

I get what you say about pontificating about sports you have never seen before and know nothing about. Sadly it hasn't ever stopped me from doing it. :greengrin
I don't think age ever bars you from taking a genuine interest in different sports. Basically I'll watch almost any sport and do as the long suffering Mrs M59 would tell you. Seeing excellence achieved in any field makes for compulsive viewing. And the learning curve you go on when trying to learn about a new sport in a bit more depth is as rewarding as any time spent on novels or movies.

MountcastleHibs
26-07-2012, 09:59 AM
The fact that they're called Team GB excludes NI by definition!! Crazy & a real insult to NI! I can't get over excited about the olympics, despite or maybe because of living in London but neither can I understand people wanting any of our competitors to lose, particularly regarding the footy when we ( SFA ) didn't want to play anyway!!

Actually no it isn't. Great Britain is historically Scotland, Wales and England. If they called the team United Kingdom, then it would include Northern Ireland.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Incidentally for those wanting to watch the Olympics Virgin have added all the Olympic Channels to their service.

There are 24 HD channels from Channel 550 to 573 and non HD from 574 to 597.

Not sure about Sky but think it is from channel 450 upwards. :hi:

marinello59
26-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I suppose if you are going to botch up flags then it might as well be the full monty - really annoy an unstable dictator of a heavily armed paranoid state by using the flag of the country that is focus of greatest ire....:rolleyes:

Somebody's Korea is over for this botch up. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
26-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Somebody's Korea is over for this botch up. :agree:

:top marks Not if they are employed by the SFA though!

Keith_M
26-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Team GB? Footballl?

What do you think we are, "Therangers" fans?

:greengrin

hibsbollah
26-07-2012, 11:13 AM

:agree: my thoughts exactly. I'm looking forward to it, particularly the athletics, but the beauty of the olympics is you can get into a sport you didnt know much about beforehand. My kids are mad fir it, probably helped by two months of walltowall propaganda on Blue Peter that Kim Il Sung would have been proud of.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Totally uninterested in the Olympics full stop

:wink:

hibsbollah
26-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Actually no it isn't. Great Britain is historically Scotland, Wales and England. If they called the team United Kingdom, then it would include Northern Ireland.

Thats exactly the point brog's making i think :dunno:

PeterboroHibee
26-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Ive no interest in the Olympics overall, but Ill watch the football. Wont be supporting the GB team however, the idea of it being made up mainly of the England U21 side Pearce managed with a few token Welsh players is ridiculous. The backlash after he left out Beckham has been enjoyable though :greengrin.

MountcastleHibs
26-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Thats exactly the point brog's making i think :dunno:

Indeed it is. I should really read things properly before posting!!

Just as an aside, are there any Northern Irish sportsmen in team GB then?

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Indeed it is. I should really read things properly before posting!!

Just as an aside, are there any Northern Irish sportsmen in team GB then?

I think the actual name of Team GB is actually GB and Northern Ireland but its usually just shortened to GB.

No idea if there's anything Northern Irish athletes in Team GB but with Northern Irish people being entitled to dual UK/Irish citizenship I suspect a few of them may be representing Ireland.

DH1875
26-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Apparently the flag error was a corporate one in that the info display programme originated in London and goes out to all the venues nationwide.

So some pie-faced Weegie was not to blame!

Of course, the North Koreans could have taken it in good part and laughed it off but they'd probably be looking at a stretch in a prison camp if they had.

Would we be laughing if it were the world cup and they had an England flag up against our names? Lets not forget we are talking about two countries who hate each other. One of them who'd gladly wipe the other out if they'd get away with it.

Gatecrasher
26-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I watched USA v France last night and really enjoyed it. The womans game lacks the physical side to the game that the mans one has but I'm sure that USA team could teach a few SPL teams a Lesson.

Hibercelona
26-07-2012, 11:54 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119505/Kazakhstans-prostitutes-cleanest-region-Shocking-blunder-Borats-National-Anthem-played-medal-ceremony.html

:hilarious

Brilliant!

DH1875
26-07-2012, 11:54 AM

They are good though :greengrin.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 11:57 AM
As long as nobody had a tricolour.

Now that's offensive!

Part/Time Supporter
26-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Joe Allen listed as English in the official programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18997930

Squealing pig
26-07-2012, 01:40 PM
9/2 for Senegal tonight looks a gd bet and brazil -2 17/10 that's my double.

Future17
26-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Can get 5/1 on Senegal. Definitely having a speculative punt on that.

easty
26-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Can get 5/1 on Senegal. Definitely having a speculative punt on that.

Good price, but I wouldnt back them. Mind you, I wouldnt have backed Japan and they're 1-0 up on Spain just now.

easty
26-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Red card for Spain. Maybe a little harsh, just maybe though. Ref stopped the Japanese from taking a quick free kick or it'd be 2-0.

Sylar
26-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Just me that has a shocking picture for the Spain vs Japan game???

easty
26-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Just me that has a shocking picture for the Spain vs Japan game???

I'm watching on BBC website, pictures fine.

Should have been 2-0 there.

easty
26-07-2012, 03:01 PM

And again....just past the post from Japan.

Sylar
26-07-2012, 03:23 PM

It was one of the BBC Olympic Channels - didn't realise the game was also on BBC 2.

Future17
26-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Thought Japan were excellent - bar their finishing. With a decent striker, they would have buried Spain in that 2nd half.

Spain turned into a bunch of dirty, cheating, poor losers towards the end.

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 03:55 PM
UAE v Uruguay just starting on Olympic 1, Suarez & Cavani starting up front for Uruguay, some strike force that.

whiskyhibby
26-07-2012, 04:35 PM
UAE look really impressive

Offside Trap
26-07-2012, 04:53 PM
UAE look really impressive

:agree: Absolutely - been a great game so far and UAE playing very well. The two guys they have in centre mid (nos 5 and 15 I think) are excellent. How I wish we had one (or even better both) of them playing for Hibs!!!

Mon Dieu4
26-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Haha Jimmy Boco and Hibs mentioned already!!!

CraigK
26-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Hibs just got a wee mention on the commentary via Jimmy Boco :flag:

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Brazil have been miles better than any other team so far, very impressive. :agree:

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Did I just hear Bellamy getting booed when he had the ball?

Pretty poor if so.

Frazerbob
26-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Did I just hear Bellamy getting booed when he had the ball?

Pretty poor if so.

He was but to be fair, if anyone deseves to get booed it's Craig Bellend but not because of his Man City & Liverpool connections.

iwasthere1972
26-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Was it Lawro who called them England?

SMAXXA
26-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Was it Lawro who called them England?

yup

And what the **** is that noise that keeps playing Duna da da da da or sumit, listen out for it, its doing my heed in.

Or is it just ma telly :greengrin

Gatecrasher
26-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Senegal are a bunch of hacking *******s! also whats with the noise every time the olypics logo appears on the screen?

iwasthere1972
26-07-2012, 07:38 PM
This is worse than watching Hibs.

BoltonHibee
26-07-2012, 07:39 PM

It is bloody awful, what a joke of a game

SteveHFC
26-07-2012, 07:40 PM
What's the score and have they been called England yet?

BoltonHibee
26-07-2012, 07:44 PM

1 nil to England/ Wales select

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 07:45 PM

1-0 GB, Bellamy scoring.

Senegal should have equalised after a mistake.by the GB keeper.

Yes, by Lawrenson.

iwasthere1972
26-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Yes Lawro called them England.

SteveHFC
26-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Not surprised :rolleyes:

Jim44
26-07-2012, 07:52 PM

No but Hansen called Pearce Stuart Beale. Right enough he's the spitting image of the Eastenders guy.:greengrin

R'Albin
26-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Just me that got the 10/1 Brazil win/Neymar top scorer? Injuries aside that's a steal!

Jim44
26-07-2012, 08:02 PM
No but Hansen called Pearce Stuart Beale. Right enough he's the spitting image of the Eastenders guy.:greengrin

I'm sure I just heard him refer to team GBH . Freudian slips?

HibbyDave
26-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Went to the weedge today watched Japan run Spain into the ground. Very good crowd 37,000 and actually had a great day out at Hampdump for a change.
Then went for food in Merchant City. There is a "Celtic Festival" in the streets, live music etc...That's Celtic with a "K". Overall a great day out.

Barney McGrew
26-07-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm just in from today's "session" at Hampden. Good atmosphere, and two cracking games. I thought Honduras were unlucky in the first one and we could be asking Claros if a couple of his mates fancy hanging around once they're out to play a bit of SPL and keep him company :greengrin

Japan were great and fully deserved their win. Their fans were good fun and the team managed to turn the stadium from being predominantly looking for a Spanish win at kick off to being delighted Japan held on by full time. They played some really good stuff.

I know some people might be cynical about the tournament but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm just in from today's "session" at Hampden. Good atmosphere, and two cracking games. I thought Honduras were unlucky in the first one and we could be asking Claros if a couple of his mates fancy hanging around once they're out to play a bit of SPL and keep him company :greengrin

Japan were great and fully deserved their win. Their fans were good fun and the team managed to turn the stadium from being predominantly looking for a Spanish win at kick off to being delighted Japan held on by full time. They played some really good stuff.

I know some people might be cynical about the tournament but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really liked the Morocco No.9. Thought he would be an excellent SPL centre-forward..... until I found out he plays for Galatasaray, :greengrin

marinello59
26-07-2012, 08:12 PM

Thank goodness for that. I can now send my emails expressing my outrage. I wrote them several days ago and really didn't want them to go to waste. :greengrin

Barney McGrew
26-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I really liked the Morocco No.9. Thought he would be an excellent SPL centre-forward..... until I found out he plays for Galatasaray, :greengrin

:agree:

He ran himself into the ground. It was quite funny seeing him lose it with his team mates quite few times when he'd done the donkey work and they were all still 50 yards away from him :tee hee:

hibbymark
26-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Come on Pearce this is murder.... get Johnathon Wilkes and Robbie Williams on now!!:greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-07-2012, 08:30 PM
How did the referee not give a penalty for GB there for that tackle on Bellamy?

Absolute stonewaller!

Argylehibby
26-07-2012, 08:36 PM

:agree: I thought he was excellent and was already looking forward to him signing for the Hibs until I read your post! The Japanese no. 11 looked pretty decent too and he plays for Nagoya Grampus Eight, is he more in our reach? Probably not!

Sir David Gray
26-07-2012, 08:38 PM
GB 1-1 Senegal

8 minutes left.

JeMeSouviens
26-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Just been watching Brazil Egypt on red button (great game) turn over and see Senegal slot the equaliser! Happy days. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 08:39 PM
:agree: I thought he was excellent and was already looking forward to him signing for the Hibs until I read your post! The Japanese no. 11 looked pretty decent too and he plays for Nagoya Grampus Eight, is he more in our reach? Probably not!

The Japanese number 5 was my man of the second match. He outmuscled and outjumped every Spaniard. He's playing for...um...a Dutch team.

iwasthere1972
Thank goodness for that. I can now send my emails expressing my outrage. I wrote them several days ago and really didn't want them to go to waste. :greengrin

He's called them Team GB twice in thirty seconds. Mind you that was just after Senegal equalised.

BoltonHibee
Ha ha, a corner kick straight off the training ground leads to goal for the opposition.

Pearce, GIRFU!

Lungo--Drom
26-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry, I don't believe that can be possible.... :faf:

JHFC
26-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hibs just got a wee mention on the commentary via Jimmy Boco :flag:

what was said :flag:

Lungo--Drom
26-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I read a couple of weeks ago that there were only English and Welsh players in the GB team. You would think that there would be a rule somewhere that you have to have at least player from each constituent country making up the team. Interestingly, and sorry to be so pedantic this late in the evening but everyone and everything has been referring to 'Team GB' which I am assuming stands for 'Team Great Britain'. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain, it is however part of the United Kingdom. So either the team name is wrong or Northern Ireland sportsmen and women should not be competing, or is the official team name actually 'United Kingdom'? It must be nice to come from a wee country like Andorra with just the one country making up its own team. Totally confused now, but have I uncovered a sinister plot, is Team GB really Team UK? :rolleyes: :greengrin

fife hfc
26-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Also went to hampden today and really enjoyed both games. a good atmosphere created by the Moroccans in the first game and as somebody said earlier the pro Spanish crowd at the start cheered japan onto a totally deserved win in the end. 37,000 makes it an excellent crowd considering all the negativity surronding the olympic football tournament in Scotland.

I have tickets for the Quarter finals at St James' park and it looks like it could be Brazil v spain :flag:

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I read a couple of weeks ago that there were only English and Welsh players in the GB team. You would think that there would be a rule somewhere that you have to have at least player from each constituent country making up the team. Interestingly, and sorry to be so pedantic this late in the evening but everyone and everything has been referring to 'Team GB' which I am assuming stands for 'Team Great Britain'. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain, it is however part of the United Kingdom. So either the team name is wrong or Northern Ireland sportsmen and women should not be competing, or is the official team name actually 'United Kingdom'? It must be nice to come from a wee country like Andorra with just the one country making up its own team. Totally confused now, but have I uncovered a sinister plot, is Team GB really Team UK? :rolleyes: :greengrin

I said this earlier, the full team name is Team Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Team GB is just the commonly used name.

People from Northern Ireland have the option of dual citizenship with the Republic so their athletes have the choice who they wish to compete for if they hold said dual citizenship.

Posh Swanny
26-07-2012, 09:23 PM

Should that rule be in place for all the other events too? Maybe the curling team should have one of each in the Winter Olympics? ;-)

The team is officially called Great Britain and Northern Ireland but has been "branded" as Team GB for marketing purposes. I'm not sure why it has become an issue all of a sudden because I struggle to remember the British athletics team being referred to as anything other than Britain, Great Britain or GBR over the years, simply because the official name is a bit of a mouth full.

jdships
26-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Switched between GB/Senegal and Brazil/ Egypt - a tale of two games as it turned out !!.
GB game - not quite sure how to describe it
If this is the "cream" of England under 23 talent they are going to have problems in the next few years.:rolleyes:
Senegal - much as we expected and very physical .
As for Brazil was impressed with the number of confident two footed players in the squad.:thumbsup:
Egypt never gave up and helped to make it an entertaining match

YehButNoBut
26-07-2012, 09:28 PM

SFA did not want any Scottish players in team GB, they could not stop them but stated they were against it.

"The Scottish Football Association, along with their Northern Irish and Welsh counterparts, have taken no direct involvement with Team GB and have made it clear they do not want their players involved for fear of risking their countries' separate identities in world football. But they cannot block players from participating."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18653453

ackeygraham
26-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Haha that team GB are gash....hope they get a good humping fi Brazil.