PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining tickets

Waxy
25-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I have'nt gone to a match for years now but i was going to attend some matches this year.What with us needing more fans through the gate i'd like to do my bit(i went to every div1 match after we went down).
So whats the deal with paying to see matches these days? It's gone a bit spaceage.

Can i not just go to the Hibs shop and buy a ticket for the derby anymore?
Apparently i need to be on the database......................but i'm not,and i cant get on the database unless i've been to a a match? catch 22
So does that rule me out of getting a ticket then? Thats no way to get fans back.

In fact it makes it impossible.

Anyone tell me how this works please?
Seems i have to go through a drama just to see a match now.

Mikey
25-07-2012, 07:28 PM
You'll get some info here........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241060-Ticket-Info-For-Hibs-Games

DH1875
25-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Don't know if their selling tickets for it but if they are, you will get on the database if you buy a ticket for the Huddersfield game or If you know anyone who's on it they can buy you a ticket and give your details so that your on it.

Waxy
25-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Cheers.And how do i get a ticket for the Huddersfield game? Cant anyone just go and pay at the gate anymore?
No wonder gates are down.

Jonnyboy
25-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Cheers.And how do i get a ticket for the Huddersfield game? Cant anyone just go and pay at the gate anymore?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Maybe gates are down because people cannae be ersed looking for ticket sales info on the club site :wink:

down-the-slope
25-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Its a yes / No answer...there are booths to buy tickets at both the East and North (FF) stands...this is to avoid queues as people turn up last minute..

It does not solve your 'not being on the database' problem. You need to get a friend who is on database to buy you a ticket and at that point register your details... then you are on in your own right

DH1875
25-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Phone the ticket office in the morning and ask if you can pre book a ticket for the Huddersfield game. Reading between the lines I doubt you can but you never know. If they say aye then get them to put you on the data base.

Waxy
25-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Flippin eck.Get me a delorean.
I wanna go back to 1985.
You gave the guy at the turnstile a pound and got to sing and bounce under the east terrace shed.

Not now.you need a miracle to get on the database and if you somehow manage it you have to pay nearly £30 to watch a Hibs team that rarely scores and rarely keeps a clean sheet.

Still i do love the Hibees.

How did anyone ever get on the database?

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Flippin eck.Get me a delorean.
I wanna go back to 1985.
You gave the guy at the turnstile a pound and got to sing and bounce under the east terrace shed.

Not now.you need a miracle to get on the database and if you somehow manage it you have to pay nearly £30 to watch a Hibs team that rarely scores and rarely keeps a clean sheet.

Still i do love the Hibees.

How did anyone ever get on the database?

Why has it been so long since you were at ER?

Nazz
26-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Its a yes / No answer...there are booths to buy tickets at both the East and North (FF) stands...this is to avoid queues as people turn up last minute..

It does not solve your 'not being on the database' problem. You need to get a friend who is on database to buy you a ticket and at that point register your details... then you are on in your own right

So, you can't get on the database unless you have a friend on the database. What kind of club is this? A Private Members Club? You have to be proposed else your not coming in. No wonder people can't be bothered. Why do they have to make it so difficult? Obviously they have too many customers, they can turn them away.

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2012, 04:55 AM
So, you can't get on the database unless you have a friend on the database. What kind of club is this? A Private Members Club? You have to be proposed else your not coming in. No wonder people can't be bothered. Why do they have to make it so difficult? Obviously they have too many customers, they can turn them away.

No, that is not what is said. You get on the database if you buy a ticket for a Cat B game, OR someone puts you on for a Cat A ticket. It really is not difficult. In fact reading and writing Mandarin is a lot more difficult I would imagine.

The_Exile
26-07-2012, 09:03 AM
He's got a point though, why do you need to be on the database? It's pointless these days considering our capacity, I know it was brought in when we filled the stadium and Huns/Sellick/Yams were found in our end, but there's no need for it now, you should just be able to rock up on matchday and get in. So Hibs need evey fan through the turnstyles? Prove it, make it easy for someone like the OP to just turn up at 2:45pm on a derby matchday and get in.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 09:10 AM
He's got a point though, why do you need to be on the database? It's pointless these days considering our capacity, I know it was brought in when we filled the stadium and Huns/Sellick/Yams were found in our end, but there's no need for it now, you should just be able to rock up on matchday and get in. So Hibs need evey fan through the turnstyles? Prove it, make it easy for someone like the OP to just turn up at 2:45pm on a derby matchday and get in.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and with the festival round the corner even if 1 or 2 visitors wanted to make a Cat A game they cannae, seems Hibs dont want walk up fans money, if the stadium was sold out every week I could understand it, the club is cutting its own throat.
Even against hertz we cannae sell out, if you want more through the door stop putting obstacles in peoples way FFS.

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Jings this thread is hard work..

You DONT need to be on database for Cat B matches

You DO for Cat A (this is due to problems in the past when fans from other clubs bought home end tickets - club gets hammered if security problems due to this)

read this then ask any more questions...

The_Exile
26-07-2012, 09:44 AM

You DO for Cat A (this is due to problems in the past when fans from other clubs bought home end tickets - club gets hammered if security problems due to this)

There's no need for it anymore, you won't get any away fans in the home end at Cat A games now, when was the last time the away end was sold out? I can't see it being sold out against Celtic or Yams any time soon, the only thing this is doing is stopping lapsed punters returning and visitors to the city taking in a derby.

If Hibs are happy for those games to have these obstacles in return for a security benefit then fair enough, IMO though, it's a load of crap and should be scrapped.

hibs0666
26-07-2012, 09:46 AM

The club policy is not in line with its desperate need to generate cash. It is mental that the town will be jumping with visitors on the 11th and they will not be able to buy one of the thousands of available empty seats.

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 09:52 AM
There's no need for it anymore, you won't get any away fans in the home end at Cat A games now, when was the last time the away end was sold out? I can't see it being sold out against Celtic or Yams any time soon, the only thing this is doing is stopping lapsed punters returning and visitors to the city taking in a derby.

If Hibs are happy for those games to have these obstacles in return for a security benefit then fair enough, IMO though, it's a load of crap and should be scrapped.

6 times last season...and do you not think our first home game will sell out in away end with more happy to sit in home end ....

Its about safety and police direction not cash

Chuck Rhoades
26-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Anyone struggling for tickets send me a PM and I will buy them online - as long as cash is transferred before hand.

Although it's not as difficult to purchase as made out, it's still a pain in the erse, so we should be looking to help our fellow supporters purchase tickets!

Heedersnvolleys
26-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Definately need it as our last home game against Celtic there was Celtic fans in the east at the FF end. Got a bit ugly and there is usually a lot of families in that area.

Whether it works is a different matter.

marinello59
26-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Definately need it as our last home game against Celtic there was Celtic fans in the east at the FF end. Got a bit ugly and there is usually a lot of families in that area.

I wish we didn't have the need for segregation at all. Football fans will always be tribal but the long years of enforced seperation at games has certainly served to increase the levels of hatred some fans carry around with them. Aberdeen had a mixed family section for a couple of years where fans of both teams playing sat. That's something I would like to see done at ER.

Andy74
26-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Shouldn't be hassle for most people wanting to see Hibs to get a ticket for another game and get on the database.

How many people with no Hibs mates on the databse or not on it themselves suddenly want to go to Cat A games?

I'd say not enough to risk the security thing.

In terms of visitors Hibs have sadi a few times in the forum meetings that they would sort something out when they are genuine visitors to the city. I've done the same sort of thing myself bypassing some of the strict rules in the Netherlands on needing id cards to get tickets. Talking to the club often helps!

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Dont know why the club couldnt have given sellik extra tickets and another part of the ground, we didnt sell enough of our own.
Which if the club are trying to generate more cash should be more seriously looked into.
Infact we could have shifted our whole location to hertz fans for the derby no bother:greengrin

hibs0666
26-07-2012, 10:37 AM
In terms of visitors Hibs have sadi a few times in the forum meetings that they would sort something out when they are genuine visitors to the city. I've done the same sort of thing myself bypassing some of the strict rules in the Netherlands on needing id cards to get tickets. Talking to the club often helps!

Hows about this scenario: A stag night of 20 boys from Romford wake up at half 11 on Saturday morning after a serious session in the Three Sisters the night before. Some random had told them that the Edinburgh derby was the following day and there would be plenty empty seats. Being football daft, 16 of them are up for a bit of derby action.

Question: How do Hibs make it easy for these boys to get along to the game?

marinello59
26-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Hows about this scenario: A stag night of 20 boys from Romford wake up at half 11 on Saturday morning after a serious session in the Three Sisters the night before. Some random had told them that the Edinburgh derby was the following day and there would be plenty empty seats. Being football daft, 16 of them are up for a bit of derby action.

The simple answer is that you remove all Cat A restrictions. If supporters buy tickets for the 'wrong'area or Hibs fans can't handle their anger when faced with a rival fan next to them let the Police and Stewards deal with it inside the ground.

Andy74
26-07-2012, 10:42 AM

How easy do you think it would be anywhere in the world for a ticket game in that scenario?

What Hibs might lose by not having a route in at that notice I'd say is pretty negligible overall. I don't really think there are queues of people waiting to get in being denied
tickets.

Having said that though, what I've seen happen in that sort of scenario is some Hibby in the queue putting them through in their name.

hibsmad
26-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Not sure if it would work but could we maybe have a section of the West Stand (South End) that was available to fans not on the database? It could still be clear that it was for home support only but at least if any away fans did get tickets then they would be easily spotted and we wouldn't have to worry about them popping up all over the stadium.

Positive side - People not on the data base (fans who have not been for a while/tourists/stag parties etc) could get along and see the game.

Negative side - More policing/stewarding to be on hand as the potential for any trouble would be increased.

This idea is just of the top of my head (and I'm sure there will be better ones out there) but the bottom line is that with so many empty seats at every game we need to do something.

Steve-O
26-07-2012, 11:02 AM
How easy do you think it would be anywhere in the world for a ticket game in that scenario?

What Hibs might lose by not having a route in at that notice I'd say is pretty negligible overall. I don't really think there are queues of people waiting to get in being denied
tickets.

Having said that though, what I've seen happen in that sort of scenario is some Hibby in the queue putting them through in their name.

I'd say it's probably a whole lot easier than Hibs make it, particularly if there are going to be plenty seats available.

When I go on a holiday, I'd be keen to go see the local team. I've even ended up supporting the local team here - my first game? Me and a couple of others decided on the day to go as we hadn't even heard there was a game before that. The rest is history.

The risk of trouble is even MORE negligible so it's just a ridiculous system IMO.

Steve-O
26-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Erm, but the policy was in place so you're providing an example it doesn't even work anyway?

Might've got a "bit ugly" but what did that consist of? A 2 minute slagging match before the Celtic fans were chucked out? Hardly a full scale riot.

hibs0666
26-07-2012, 11:34 AM

tickets.

The fact that other clubs might be equally bad at fillling thousands of empty seats is not a good reason for Hibs to do the same.

Every penny is a prisoner now. In my scenario the club loses £450 income - excluding shop and pie takings - that it will never get back. Again in my scenario the guys are highly unlikely to get anywhere near Easter Road after the first phone calls tells them that their business is not wanted. It's lunacy.

Heedersnvolleys
26-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Erm, but the policy was in place so you're providing an example it doesn't even work anyway?

Might've got a "bit ugly" but what did that consist of? A 2 minute slagging match before the Celtic fans were chucked out? Hardly a full scale riot.

What are you saying? Do you want to get to the riot situation before we do anything about? What I am highlighting if the measures were not in place on there "jelly & ice cream" day I am sure there would have been a lot more that day. Yes it was just a bit of a slanging match but our stewards reacted quickly to usher them out before it escalated,

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 12:09 PM
How easy do you think it would be anywhere in the world for a ticket game in that scenario? What Hibs might lose by not having a route in at that notice I'd say is pretty negligible overall. I don't really think there are queues of people waiting to get in being denied
tickets.

Alot of clubs especially in Holland sell tickets on match day from booths around the stadiums.
May I also add that ADO Den Haag also ask for passport/driving licence ID before selling tickets, so if there is trouble fans can be traced.

DH1875
26-07-2012, 12:18 PM

You don't need it for Cat B games but it's the easiest way of getting on it for the Cat A's.

It is daft but not exactly a new thing. Even pre database the 20 boys from Romford wouldn't get in as you couldn't buy tickets for Cat A games after a certain date/time.

hibs0666
26-07-2012, 12:25 PM
It is daft but not exactly a new thing. Even pre database the 20 boys from Romford wouldn't get in as you couldn't buy tickets for Cat A games after a certain date/time.

I agree totally it's not new. However we need every penny in income we can possible get - even Rod said so.

There's three ways to put bums on seats - sell tickets to committed Hibbys, sell tickets to lapsed Hibbys and sell tickets to football fans. The third category is by far the biggest group and they are pretty much banned from attending the games most likely to interest them. That must change if we are ever to sell out Easter Road.

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Welcome back anayway.
:thumbsup:
Why not get yourself a cheeky wee season ticket and then you dont need to worry about tickets for individal games. You'll be guaranteed a seat anytime you want!
simples :greengrin

Andy74
26-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree totally it's not new. However we need every penny in income we can possible get - even Rod said so.

There's three ways to put bums on seats - sell tickets to committed Hibbys, sell tickets to lapsed Hibbys and sell tickets to football fans. The third category is by far the biggest group and they are pretty much banned from attending the games most likely to interest them. That must change if we are ever to sell out Easter Road.

I don't think there are that many visitors or general football fans that want to come to ER for these games.

There are far more Hibs fans on the databse that aren't buying match tickets or STs than there are in that group. The focus should be on getting Hibs fans into Hibs games.

JohnStephens91
26-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think there are that many visitors or general football fans that want to come to ER for these games.

There are far more Hibs fans on the databse that aren't buying match tickets or STs than there are in that group. The focus should be on getting Hibs fans into Hibs games.

Exactly what I was going to say. We have the supporters to fill the stadium but they choose not to come, the database must have a large amount of names on it, well over 18,000 as a rough guess and they choose to vote with their feet and not attend. Get them back first before trying to entice tourists and neutrals in first.

hibs0666
26-07-2012, 01:22 PM

We know from years of experience that we will get 9-12,000 average attendances if we focus on Hibs fans on the database. Other general football supports don't come to Easter Road because the proposition we offer them is unappealing. There is nothing that would prevent that proposition being changed, like allowing such people to attend big games.

hibsmad
26-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. We have the supporters to fill the stadium but they choose not to come, the database must have a large amount of names on it, well over 18,000 as a rough guess and they choose to vote with their feet and not attend. Get them back first before trying to entice tourists and neutrals in first.

No one said we should be enticing tourists and neutrals first.

Enticing back supporters already on the database is an ongoing process that will never stop. We will never have attendances that equal or are greater to the amount of fans on the database because there will always be reasons for some fans not to go. Hibs should always be trying to get more people attending matches - if we somehow managed to achieve average attendances of 18k in a few years time (barring some kind of miracle this isn't going to happen but I'm just using the figure you quoted as being on the database) then we should then be looking at getting average attendances of 20k. Every business should be looking at as many means as possible to attract more business and Hibs are the same. That includes tourists, stag parties, as well as Hibs fans not on the database.

The only real way to get these fans on the database attending regularly is by putting a good enough side on the pitch to entertain them. I don't think anyone on this thread is suggesting that Rod get's the rest of the board together and says "Right, **** all this getting the right team on the park nonsense. How are we going to get a couple of hundred tourists through the gate this August!?"

Waxy
26-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Why has it been so long since you were at ER?I got fed up with Scottish football.
Any time any team even threatened to have a half decent team,either Celtic or Rangers would snatch the key players in that team.
No other side has any chance because money has ruined it.
This is how they have bought sucsess.
They have'nt gone out to spend more on better players elsewhere.
Cheaper and easier for them to simply weaken any opposition,and i couldnt even blame the players for taking the cash.

Ruined,and the SPL was set up for them two to continue this forevermore.The dice has been loaded.

Still if i want to make the derby my return match i cant.

Why cant i just get a ticket from the shop and give them my details to put on the database whilst there? Seems simple to me.
I could show them driver license,leccy bills,birth certificate etc

Since90+2
26-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I got fed up with Scottish football.
Any time any team even threatened to have a half decent team,either Celtic or Rangers would snatch the key players in that team.
Cheaper and easier for them to simply weaken any opposition,and i couldnt even blame the players for taking the cash.

Ruined,and the SPL was set up for them two to continue this forevermore.The dice has been loaded.

Why cant i just get a ticket from the shop and give them my details to put on the database whilst there? Seems simple to me.

Emm yes you can. Do you not know ANYONE at all who is on the database?

Bouncer Ross has also offered to get you a ticket if need be. If you want to go to the match you can , simples.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2012, 08:07 PM
I got fed up with Scottish football.

Having read all of your posts again, for some reason you seem to be making a big drama out of not being able to get a ticket for games when it has been pointed out by various people that it's not actually that hard to get a ticket to attend ER! You have an offer from someone to get you a ticket for the derby and have been told that Cat B will pose no problem to you yet you still say you can't attend :confused:

Waxy
26-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Having read all of your posts again, for some reason you seem to be making a big drama out of not being able to get a ticket for games when it has been pointed out by various people that it's not actually that hard to get a ticket to attend ER! You have an offer from someone to get you a ticket for the derby and have been told that Cat B will pose no problem to you yet you still say you can't attend :confused:Yes i can get a ticket.My brother in law is on the database.
I'm just surprised that i cant get a ticket for this myself(yes i know i can get a ticket).There must be alot of people who come to live in Edinburgh and dont know anyone.for work reasons probably mainly.Or visitors/tourists etc.these people cant go to the derby.
It just dont sit right with me the way Hibs sell tickets now.

Just Alf
26-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Having read all of your posts again, for some reason you seem to be making a big drama out of not being able to get a ticket for games when it has been pointed out by various people that it's not actually that hard to get a ticket to attend ER! You have an offer from someone to get you a ticket for the derby and have been told that Cat B will pose no problem to you yet you still say you can't attend :confused:

I know where you're coming from, but I think he's raising a valid point in general, yeah he can get a ticket fairly easily via a work around but why do we need that? For me it makes sense to let someone buy a cat a ticket and if it's your 1st time then supply various details, address, bank details etc all of which would make it difficult for a ned to escape justice if they decided to be a muppet :-)

The idea of a section set aside for non database peeps makes sense.

I guess the problem is that the 1st home game is a Cat A and as the Huddersfield game is a walk up and pay only, there's no way for a returning supporter to get onto the database. This at a time when the rangers situation and the "stand up and be counted" view after the final is possibly going to bring supporters back to the fold (I know of a few in this last position).

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes i can get a ticket.My brother in law is on the database.
I'm just surprised that i cant get a ticket for this myself(yes i know i can get a ticket).There must be alot of people who come to live in Edinburgh and dont know anyone.for work reasons probably mainly.Or visitors/tourists etc.these people cant go to the derby.
It just dont sit right with me the way Hibs sell tickets now.

So after saying you wanted to make the derby your return match but "you can't" in your previous post it turns out you have always been able to get a ticket through your brother in law!

Waxy
26-07-2012, 08:42 PM
So after saying you wanted to make the derby your return match but "you can't" in your previous post it turns out you have always been able to get a ticket through your brother in law!I think your taking my post too literally.I'm making a point.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I think your taking my post too literally.I'm making a point.

Mate I'm not taking your post too literally at all, you stated that you wanted to attend the derby but couldn't due to the Cat A ticket restrictions, another poster even offered to get the tickets for you! The jist of your posts were that you wanted to come back but couldn't hence the offers of help and advice on here so don't now try and tell me I'm taking you too literally when you've proven that you were posting nonsense!

Anyway get yersel back to ER and enjoy.

Waxy
26-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Mate I'm not taking your post too literally at all, you stated that you wanted to attend the derby but couldn't due to the Cat A ticket restrictions, another poster even offered to get the tickets for you! The jist of your posts were that you wanted to come back but couldn't hence the offers of help and advice on here so don't now try and tell me I'm taking you too literally when you've proven that you were posting nonsense!

Anyway get yersel back to ER and enjoy.Well i suppose thats the problem with posting on websites.Sometimes people dont always get the jist.Anyway thanks to everyone for the help and offers of getting a ticket.
Lookin forward to gettin back to a game.

Scouse Hibee
26-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Well i suppose thats the problem with posting on websites.Sometimes people dont always get the jist.Anyway thanks to everyone for the help and offers of getting a ticket.
Lookin forward to gettin back to a game.

:faf: Give it up FFS :greengrin

IberianHibernian
26-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Do other SPL clubs have same limitation on ticket sales ? Can`t remember reading complaints from other clubs . Chairman`s begging fans to renew season tickets while we`re making it difficult for people to buy tickets in a stadium that will not be filled this season even if we win league . Loads of empty seats mean rotten atmosphere and terrible image on TV but provide perfect opportunity for club`s marketing department to increase crowds in short and long term . Section of ground for home and away fans , starting with adults with kids unfortunately since we`ve got at least one generation now who think that segregation is necessary and desirable - at least one part of south stand could be used for this at cat B games . Without Rangers , great opportunity to encourage mixed areas and offers for away fans - 10 quid for St Mirren fans and the same for us at their ground . Any of our fans who can`t watch Hibs near away fans maybe need to look for a new hobby ( I say that having suffered visits to Ibrox , Tynecastle etc in non - segregation days ) or consider temper management courses ( ironically a lot of fans who support segregation would be quite happy to ignore rules if they couldn`t get a ticket in our section at any game ) . And is it really preferable to have only 4000 Hearts or Celtic fans at ER instead of giving them more seats in south end of east and/or west ? Can we afford to turn away so much cash ?

SouthamptonHibs
26-07-2012, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=IberianHibernian;3305381]Do other SPL clubs have same limitation on ticket sales ? Can`t remember reading complaints from other clubs . Chairman`s begging fans to renew season tickets while we`re making it difficult for people to buy tickets in a stadium that will not be filled this season even if we win league . Loads of empty seats mean rotten atmosphere and terrible image on TV but provide perfect opportunity for club`s marketing department to increase crowds in short and long term . Section of ground for home and away fans , starting with adults with kids unfortunately since we`ve got at least one generation now who think that segregation is necessary and desirable - at least one part of south stand could be used for this at cat B games . Without Rangers , great opportunity to encourage mixed areas and offers for away fans - 10 quid for St Mirren fans and the same for us at their ground . Any of our fans who can`t watch Hibs near away fans maybe need to look for a new hobby ( I say that having suffered visits to Ibrox , Tynecastle etc in non - segregation days ) or consider temper management courses ( ironically a lot of fans who support segregation would be quite happy to ignore rules if they couldn`t get a ticket in our section at any game ) . And is it really preferable to have only 4000 Hearts or Celtic fans at ER instead of giving them more seats in south end of east and/or west ? Can we afford to turn away so much cash ?[/QUOTE

Hearts fans only sell out Easter Road when they think they'll beat us. They never sell out when they think they'll draw with us or get beat. (sadly they beat us there all the time these dayz)

ackeygraham
26-07-2012, 09:57 PM
So seems a bit strange to me, first home game is a CAT A game...so how can you get on the database then in order to get a ticket if no CAT B game prior to this?

Hibs really need to address this and start selling tickets on match days to a point, and also make it easier for non databased Hibby's to get a ticket...

Has anyone even spoke with hibs on this fact, without some one sending a link from the website?

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2012, 10:00 PM
So seems a bit strange to me, first home game is a CAT A game...so how can you get on the database then in order to get a ticket if no CAT B game prior to this?

?

Go to the Huddersfield game? :confused:

JohnStephens91
26-07-2012, 11:14 PM

Hibs really need to address this and start selling tickets on match days to a point, and also make it easier for non databased Hibby's to get a ticket...

Has anyone even spoke with hibs on this fact, without some one sending a link from the website?

There were many Cat B games last season, the season before that and the one before that...

Steve-O
27-07-2012, 06:35 AM
What are you saying? Do you want to get to the riot situation before we do anything about? What I am highlighting if the measures were not in place on there "jelly & ice cream" day I am sure there would have been a lot more that day. Yes it was just a bit of a slanging match but our stewards reacted quickly to usher them out before it escalated,

I'm saying there's unlikely to be any 'riot' and what the stewards did is what they, and the Police, are paid for!

IF there's a big game such as the opposing team can win the league or something, then maybe it is justified, however I don't think the blanket policy we apply is necessary.

mcvie7
27-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Buy a season ticket that will get you on the database :-)

Just Alf
27-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Go to the Huddersfield game? :confused:

I thought that as well but turns out its pay at the gate only, no option to get onto the database. :-(

patch1875
27-07-2012, 08:59 AM
I went to a few games last season probably paid at the gate for most but 1 game (killie cup tie) I bought a ticket in the shop sure I gave my details but am I on the database...nope

DH1875
27-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I went to a few games last season probably paid at the gate for most but 1 game (killie cup tie) I bought a ticket in the shop sure I gave my details but am I on the database...nope

If you gave your details you will be. Check it out online, your on it for something like 5 years without buying a ticket. All you need is your email address :wink:.

patch1875
28-07-2012, 07:51 AM
If you gave your details you will be. Check it out online, your on it for something like 5 years without buying a ticket. All you need is your email address :wink:.

tried that not coming up

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2012, 08:19 AM

How can you check the database online? Wanted to have a look for someone else who was wandering if they're still on it.

Waxy
28-07-2012, 12:23 PM
How can you check the database online? Wanted to have a look for someone else who was wandering if they're still on it.I doubt you'd be able to check every name on the database.Probably it'll just let you know your own status.
I could be wrong though

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 07:28 PM
How can you check the database online? Wanted to have a look for someone else who was wandering if they're still on it.

The database will be private, showing the user's details only...Anything else would break data protection rules

DH1875
28-07-2012, 08:01 PM

There is a link on the official site. If you've got there details you can try and log in. If you can, their still on it.

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2012, 10:38 PM
The database will be private, showing the user's details only...Anything else would break data protection rules

Of course I didn't think I would be able to log on and see everyone's details, I was asking for the link or address so I can check my mate with his own details which I have!

Scouse Hibee
28-07-2012, 10:40 PM
There is a link on the official site. If you've got there details you can try and log in. If you can, their still on it.

I couldn't see the link anywhere, that's what I was really asking, where is it?

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Of course I didn't think I would be able to log on and see everyone's details, I was asking for the link or address so I can check my mate with his own details which I have!

Oops, my apologies Mr Scouse:greengrin