PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Under 20s vs East Fife Youths

Offside Trap
25-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition was a bit average.

Hat trick for Alex Harris (No 10) and two for Jay Doyle (No 9). Harris took his goals really well and certainly has an eye for goal. A bit lightweight still and obviously has some growing to do - but good prospect.

The two lads that really caught my eye were:

- Euan Smith (No 7) playing attacking mid. Skill, pace and presence (i.e. not a midfield midget!);

- Ryan Baptie (No 3) playing left back. Man of the match for me - excelled going forward and also at the back. Plus scored direct from a corner!!

:flag:

Golden Bear
25-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition were a bit average.

Hat trick for Alex Harris (No 10) and two for Jay Doyle (No 9). Harris took his goals really well and certainly has an eye for goal. A bit lightweight still and obviously has some growing to do - but good prospect.

- Euan Smith (No 7) playing attacking mid. Skill, pace and presence (i.e. not a midfield midget!);

- Ryan Baptie (No 3) playing left back. Man of the match for me - excelled going forward and also at the back. Plus scored direct from a corner!!

:flag:

Good news!

And just think of it - these guys might be good enough to gain a regular place in the first team by the time they're 25!

These days that seems to be about the age when "youngsters" are considered strong enough and mature enough to play in the SPL.

MSK
25-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition were a bit average.

:flag:Great stuff ..thanks for the update ...:hibees

Sean1875
25-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Baptie is/was in my sisters year at school and has always been considered quite a bright talent. Don't think he's even turned 18 yet so definitely one for the future :aok:

Jonnyboy
25-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Good news!

And just think of it - these guys might be good enough to gain a regular place in the first team by the time they're 25!

These days that seems to be about the age when "youngsters" are considered strong enough and mature enough to play in the SPL.

And ready to face the barrage of abuse that goes with the territory :wink:

sahib
25-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Good news!

It depresses me, the low ratio of youngsters that make it.