PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Season Ticket counter on main website (SHC)

GreenCastle
25-07-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10284,00.html

Standing at 6215 currently

Thoughts?

CB_NO3
25-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Thoughts?
I think its a good idea. I see we are at 7k. Me, my brother and cousin have just decided to get ours sometime next week so we can add another 3 to the 7k ;)

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Lies

All Aberdeen Fans live in the central belt - FACT. Their attendance was even worse than ours last year.

Not a bad idea. Until your number is low and it's a bit embarrassing all round. Case and point - Aberdeen in 2 weeks time.

Not for me

:cb

Offside Trap
25-07-2012, 04:38 PM

Thoughts?

I think it is a clever tactic. By all accounts ST sales at Dons are down v last season. Looks like Aberdeen are advertising that fact and providing some "feedback" to their own fans that they would expect to see a bounce in sales given the actions taken by the club in response to Dons fans input on Newco.

If ST sales are publicly seen to be down it simply gives ammo to Huns fans that Dons supporters are more passionate about hating the Huns than they are about backing up their words with actions and supporting their own club....

superfurryhibby
25-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Lies

All Aberdeen Fans live in the central belt - FACT. Their attendance was even worse than ours last year.

Not a bad idea. Until your number is low and it's a bit embarrassing all round. Case and point - Aberdeen in 2 weeks time.

Not for me

:cb

No reason why not. Embarrassing? The info enters the public domain anyway? There is no escape from the fact that we have lost a hell of a lot of season ticket holders.

Aberdeen are a club with a big support, reagrdless of where they reside ( I have no idea but would guess that most come from and probably live in sheep**** city) and like us they have had a serious downturn in attendences. Like us, this is because their team has been rubbish for the past few seasons.

hibeedonald
25-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Would look good, get it up Hibs, would end all the speculation on here

VickMackie
25-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I think it is a clever tactic. By all accounts ST sales at Dons are down v last season. Looks like Aberdeen are advertising that fact and providing some "feedback" to their own fans that they would expect to see a bounce in sales given the actions taken by the club in response to Dons fans input on Newco.

If ST sales are publicly seen to be down it simply gives ammo to Huns fans that Dons supporters are more passionate about hating the Huns than they are about backing up their words with actions and supporting their own club....

I don't believe it gives them any ammo. STs are down almost everywhere, of not everywhere.

Some fans may no longer go because there's one less cat a game but I'd suspect they are few and far between.

VickMackie
25-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Would look good, get it up Hibs, would end all the speculation on here

I agree. More clubs should do this. It may encourage more fans to buy if they can see the number.

The board of clubs could set out what could be achieved with X thousand, y thousand, z thousand.

Fans would try and encourage more to hit the numbers they desire. Or maybe not but worth a try.

R'Albin
25-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Not the 9000 one was trying to tell me last week?:hilarious

calmac12000
25-07-2012, 09:34 PM
:top marksFrankly a really good idea.

JohnStephens91
26-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Not the 9000 one was trying to tell me last week?:hilarious

You may laugh at that but remember we were on here saying we had somewhere between 9000 and 10000 season tickets not too long ago. It's a shame that a big clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs are struggling to sell 10,000 or more season tickets, we both should be getting this on a regular basis.

Hibee_Dave
26-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Maybe if hibs do this they could put the names of the last five or so that have signed up by way of thanks. (you could opt out if you want or put a personal message) might be a wee extra selling point/point of interest/drum up a wee bit more exposure?!

MB62
26-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Maybe if hibs do this they could put the names of the last five or so that have signed up by way of thanks. (you could opt out if you want or put a personal message) might be a wee extra selling point/point of interest/drum up a wee bit more exposure?!

:agree: :top marks

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 08:28 AM

I think thats a good idea, from what I gather Aberdeen will have a very big travelling support to sellik aswell as almost a full house against Ross County.Aberdeen fans are rallying to the cause.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 08:43 AM
According to one of my Aberdeen supporting mates that number on their website includes a whole lot of free STs given away to under 12s. If that is the case they must be in a pretty perilous financial position considering their debt level was already huge and it was only Stewart Milnes presence that was keeping the wolf from the door.

VickMackie
26-07-2012, 08:46 AM
According to one of my Aberdeen supporting mates that number on their website includes a whole lot of free STs given away to under 12s. If that is the case they must be in a pretty perilous financial position considering their debt level was already huge and it was only Stewart Milnes presence that was keeping the wolf from the door.

They should break the number down as some fans might wait and see who they bring in based on 7k tickets

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 08:47 AM

We should also be looking to fill the stadium for every game, no reason not to give away free ST,s to underprivelaged kids or under 12,s which have to be accompanied by an adult, quite smart thinking if you ask me?

Pretty Boy
26-07-2012, 08:53 AM
We should also be looking to fill the stadium for every game, no reason not to give away free ST,s to underprivelaged kids or under 12,s which have to be accompanied by an adult, quite smart thinking if you ask me?

Don't disagree that's its a good idea in theory.

The problem Aberdeen have is that ST sales have still been terrible. Say even 750 of those tickets are under 12 that's just over 5000 ST sold. For a club like Aberdeen with massive debt and trying to finance a new stadium, I'd say the free youth ST plan is failing for them thus far.

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Don't disagree that's its a good idea in theory.

The problem Aberdeen have is that ST sales have still been terrible. Say even 750 of those tickets are under 12 that's just over 5000 ST sold. For a club like Aberdeen with massive debt and trying to finance a new stadium, I'd say the free youth ST plan is failing for them thus far.

How are they working the free youth ST, does an adult ST have to be sold first and you get a free kids ST or did they just give the ST,s away to kids?
If they gave away the tix then there wouldŽnt be any need to buy an adult ST, just PATG.

brog
26-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Good thought & there are many imaginative ways of promoting sales. I would hold a draw & refund 10 season ticket buyers from every 1000 we sell, or better still give them a free season ticket. That costs us nothing, adds to our crowd & is good publicity for season sales.
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

JHFC
26-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Good thought & there are many imaginative ways of promoting sales. I would hold a draw & refund 10 season ticket buyers from every 1000 we sell, or better still give them a free season ticket. That costs us nothing, adds to our crowd & is good publicity for season sales.
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

This is a good idea.

lucky
26-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Quality idea, hopefully one of the members of fans working group can raise this at their next meeting