PDA

View Full Version : Letter From Hibs Today

Mikey
25-07-2012, 11:53 AM
For those who haven't seen it..........

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2012, 11:58 AM
For those who haven't seen it..........

Fair letter, but I think a few more dealings in the transfer market will convince people.

But where will the money come from - catch 22?

Sightly impressed we've got 7000 + season tickets already (considering what has happened)

Come on those that are holding out - you know you want to!!

In Pat We Trust :flag:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 12:01 PM
:top marks Now if STF would match every one of these extra 3 thousand tickets. :wink:

CraigHibee
25-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Fair letter, but I think a few more dealings in the transfer market will convince people.

But where will the money come from - catch 22?

Sightly impressed we've got 7000 + season tickets already (considering what has happened)

Come on those that are holding out - you know you want to!!
In Pat We Trust :flag:

i definitely want to, just not got the funds to do it right now grrrr i'll be there every home game i can though :agree:

patlowe
25-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Personally I'm waiting until this month's pay day to get an ST after a year off last season, along with a friend of mine. I'm not sure if that's something to consider but I wouldn't be surprised if we've got a decent figure by the start of the season. It was the introduction of a new payment plan that swung it for me, I wonder if more could be done to advertise it?

Dalianwanda
25-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Would have been good if there was an international season..Bit like I was a member at the Royal Muss & when I moved over to Dublin I got a country membership for a cheaper cost..Meant I could keep my handicap & when I come back I'll not have to pay a joining fee (I know this wouldnt be the case now as they are skint)..Anyway not sure how practical it would be to administer but maybe you could be allocated 4 games per season & there was some way to book well in advance, games you would like to attend? I'd like to get some sort of season but getting a full one would work out at around €100 a game..Id be happy enough to pay a couple of hundred..

lyonhibs
25-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Almost 3,000 extra ST to be sold in the next couple of weeks aye? :rolleyes:

Good letter apart from that. They've made a rod for their own back with that target though. Wait for the threads as the season kicks-off:

"Did we meet the stated ST numbers target" etc etc

If we don't, and I'd be stunned if we do, then a whole new juicy round of "well why didn't we meet them: not enough investment, I've not receovered from the SC Final" and so on and so forth begins.

lucky
25-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Good letter and good target. Only Hibs fans make it happen. Come on join the Hibs 7000. I reckon though that makes us the 3rd biggest in the SPL. So hopefully at least a top 6 place this year

Kyle A
25-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Not getting a ST due to work constraints. But will be making an extra effort to get along to the games. Starting wi the derby.

On another note I think U16's should get in for a fiver. Affordable. Helps hibs wi the cash. Will fill a few o' those empty seats.

down-the-slope
25-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Personally I'm waiting until this month's pay day to get an ST after a year off last season, along with a friend of mine. I'm not sure if that's something to consider but I wouldn't be surprised if we've got a decent figure by the start of the season. It was the introduction of a new payment plan that swung it for me, I wonder if more could be done to advertise it?
:thumbsup: that is a very heartning post....thats why we pushed for such a new offering - you are also correct that it needs to be advertised more widely

sesoim
25-07-2012, 08:12 PM
If we have already sold 7000 tickets (and that figure, frankly, amazes me), then why have we still got a team that Inverness (who only have about 1000 season ticket holders) could comfortably compete with?

Pretty Boy
25-07-2012, 08:17 PM
My Grandad has decided he's going to get a ST after receiving the letter despite deciding last year was his last.

It wasn't really anything to do with on field performance but more the number of games he was missing due to his poor health.

His words of 'even if I don't go to any games, I'd rather Hibs had the money' says a lot about the loyalty of a lot of Hibs fans imo.

bingo70
25-07-2012, 08:22 PM
If we have already sold 7000 tickets (and that figure, frankly, amazes me), then why have we still got a team that Inverness (who only have about 1000 season ticket holders) could comfortably compete with?

Over to the manager....

If we have a decent first half to the season we'll sell half season tickets and then more season tickets next summer and his job will start to become easier but this season is a case of stopping the slide and prove he's the manto take us forward, until we see some progress on the park the 10000 target is a bit optimistic imo

DH1875
25-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Can someone explain to me the value in a ST :confused:. 18 home games at £22 a pop works out at £396. If we play celtic at home twice it's cheaper to PATG every week than buy a ST.

And before anyone has a pop, mines is bought and paid for even though I won't be using every home game and never received my voucher for the free jersey.

sesoim
25-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Good letter and good target. Only Hibs fans make it happen. Come on join the Hibs 7000. I reckon though that makes us the 3rd biggest in the SPL. So hopefully at least a top 6 place this year

3rd biggest support in the SPL - yet we have one of the worst teams. Something doesn't add up somewhere.

Petrie might be good with numbers, but he has shown over and over again that he hasn't got a clue how to solve that problem.

bingo70
25-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Can someone explain to me the value in a ST :confused:. 18 home games at £22 a pop works out at £396. If we play celtic at home twice it's cheaper to PATG every week than buy a ST.

And before anyone has a pop, mines is bought and paid for even though I won't be using every home game and never received my voucher for the free jersey.

Add to that the fact most people will likely miss a game or two in a season from a financial point of view I think you'll definately be worse off by getting a season ticket.

However, the only reason now I think maybe o should have renewed is its going to be a hassle getting a seat beside my mates for the games which is one of the reasons I go to the football so there are benefits, all be it not financial ones.

Capt Mainwaring
25-07-2012, 08:52 PM

I don't buy a Season for monetary value so much as it's convenient, no queuing on match day, sit with your mates in same area, gives my certain privileges like away tickets priority AND more than anything is my very willing contribution to give the Club up front funds each season to invest in the playing squad.

Think not what Hibs can do for you but what you can do for Hibs - to misquote a famous President :aok:

007 Mickey Weir
25-07-2012, 09:10 PM
10000 is a huge amount. We had what 7500 last year and ended up 2nd bottom and then the most humiliating result nightmares are made off to end the season.

I am a st holder and paid for. But I really questioned why.

We have slashed budgets and still way behind or rivals and teams that have less than half our st levels. Utd, Motherwell etc.

10000 is a very large number in my eyes. I really hope people invest if they can and allow us to get another 3 strong signings on board.

FifeHibernian
25-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Got two season tickets today! Although admitedly student ones. Really glad they've gone for a target of 10000, this is a club that should be aiming high. Think it'll take a couple of seasons to build a top 6 worthy squad although paddy fenlon's letter was promising!

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2012, 10:20 PM

It's 19 home games and your basing the £22 on last seasons prices, surely there will be an increase on PATG prices. The value is in knowing your a ST holder and have pledged the dosh to club just as you have done :greengrin

steakbake
25-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I don't buy a Season for monetary value so much as it's convenient, no queuing on match day, sit with your mates in same area, gives my certain privileges like away tickets priority AND more than anything is my very willing contribution to give the Club up front funds each season to invest in the playing squad.

Think not what Hibs can do for you but what you can do for Hibs - to misquote a famous President :aok:

Some clubs down south call it club membership as opposed to a season ticket. You become a member of the club, with a seat in the stadium and access to a range of other benefits, including highlights packages, monthly news updates, preferential rates for kit and advanced/reserved ticket allocations for additional matches (cup, european) etc amongst many other things.

If this is about buying into the club, they need to get a better PR person to explain that message better.

...and no, I've still not renewed. 405 is too steep for me just now. unjustifiable. I'll pay as and when I go.

marinello59
25-07-2012, 10:27 PM

Knowing my cup final ticket was guaranteed last season was priceless. I admit it seemed less of a bargain afterwards but you know what I mean.:greengrin

ackeygraham
25-07-2012, 10:30 PM
is really time to stand up and be counted and everyone who can, get along and get a ST to help get the team on the park we're all craving.

Also - we've got what we wanted, no der hun's in the league but knew there would be a shortfall....lets fill that hole.

Hibs i think have bent over backwards to help all types of scenario's to get people to invest.....now looking forward to the new season.

GGTTH

steakbake
25-07-2012, 10:41 PM
This is a genuine question for those who have renewed despite initially being skeptical: what indication did you see is there that Hibs are going to have a change in fortunes next year after a series of dismal seasons culminating in our hammering by Hearts in May? What changed your mind?

Is there a limit to the number of times you can 'stand up and be counted' before you might reasonably expect something in return?

Or is this an entirely emotional purchase, not based on any expectations of value for money or return on your investment?

jacomo
25-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Without the Cup Final, we'd have been a lot lower.

Auckland Hibs
25-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Without the Cup Final, we'd have been a lot lower.

After recent seasons combined with the cherry on-top cup final nightmare I'm shocked that we have more than 700 ST holders this year - 7,000 is a fantastic achievement already and hats off to all those who have bought one.

Col2
25-07-2012, 11:55 PM
This is a genuine question for those who have renewed despite initially being skeptical: what indication did you see is there that Hibs are going to have a change in fortunes next year after a series of dismal seasons culminating in our hammering by Hearts in May? What changed your mind?

Is there a limit to the number of times you can 'stand up and be counted' before you might reasonably expect something in return?

Or is this an entirely emotional purchase, not based on any expectations of value for money or return on your investment?

It's a really good question and very relevant to me.

It's definitely the emotional/stand up and be counted factor more than anything else. I think we are miles away from a top 4 or top 6 team but the club needs us more then ever and with some decent young players and a bit of patience we might get a smile back on our faces. Hope more than expectation.

The_Horde
26-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I have bought a season ticket for this season which i bought at the time because it guaranteed me a cup final ticket.

However, i would have still done the same after the final anyway.

Why?

Because I will never stand down to those cheating vermin over the road, the club that are near enough £30 million in debt yet have still been able to offer players more than double what we have for the past say 6 seasons. Heart of Midlothian haven't achieved anything, they're 'success' and apparent dominance over us in the last few years is complete bull****. Given to them, not earned. While we've been living within our means, being the good guys they've been running up debts they can't manage and living for today but this will catch up on them and soon it will all come crashing down and we'll be the dominant force for many years. I'd still rather give them a spanking fair and square though.

£30m of debt gets you 2 scottish final wins, one against one of the worst hibs teams of all time (and probably on at least half the wages) and the other against Gretna. European football a few times and a 2nd place finish? If Hibs had £30m to spend I'd like to think we'd have a fair bit more to show for it than that.

We absolutely cannot let that final be the end of us. Sure it still hurts, but now really is time to stand up and be counted. Time to show those yam f**** that we won't take it lying down and we have to come out fighting: players, fans, board members.. everyone.

F*** THE HEARTS.

GGTTH. :flag:

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2012, 05:13 AM
This is a genuine question for those who have renewed despite initially being skeptical: what indication did you see is there that Hibs are going to have a change in fortunes next year after a series of dismal seasons culminating in our hammering by Hearts in May? A question back at you. Would you rather we had been beaten by the sheep in the semi?

What changed your mind? I decided to buy a season to help Hibs after they did what I thought was the right thing and voted der hun out of the SPL

Is there a limit to the number of times you can 'stand up and be counted' before you might reasonably expect something in return? Nope

Or is this an entirely emotional purchase, not based on any expectations of value for money or return on your investment?Yep

dangermouse
26-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Category A games (Celtic, Them, Sevco - if they were in the SPL) are dearer. £28 I think.

If Hibs, Hearts and Celtic make top six we will have 19 home games four of which will be category A brining total outlay for a walk up to £442 provided prices stay the same.

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 08:57 AM

For me its having got involved in 'Lets Work Together' - and seeing how much individuals within the club (manager / staff and yes even board members) are working to change things. Having the opportunity to ask awkward and searching questions that convinved me there is a desire to drag the club from where it is. Added to seeing just how thin the staff numbers are and how tight the finances are and that there is both an opportunity and a threat in the current circumstances within the game.

So its is both emotional - that I don't want further harm done to the club, but also a recogition that the supporters (ME) are the club and without us there is no club / no finance / no opportunity of sporting success

I think your question of number of times you can 'stand up and be counted' is very valid. For me I either decided I was no longer interested and a supporter and detached myself from any concequences and spent my time and money on other things...or decided that I could be part of a solution and future that was better.

On balance I thought about the times that have been fantastic supporting the club and knew that I wanted there to be more of these..

I can understand however that others may through choice or circumstances come to the alternative view.

happiehibbie
26-07-2012, 10:14 AM
There is lots of ways to sell ST

1, grade them so Grade A games are not included ie celtic hearts Etc

2, let people buy there ST in advance for example 3 year ST paid by a credit agreement over 18mths etc

3, buy 3 get one half price.

4/ reduce the price of the tickets to show a decent saving on walk up prices

Other idea
walk up prices make it like easy jet book well in advance get a saving the closer you get to the game the tickets are more expensive.

I do belive that Mr farmer needs to invest some money the product on the field is shocking (i hope this season is diffrent)I do belive Mr farmer is supporting other areas with in hibs but I and the supoorters want to see investment on the field.

No other team outside celtic will not get a better chance to finish second in the leauge and a champions leauge spot. its all about who has the vision and I feel Hibs have a blind fold on at this time.

DH1875
26-07-2012, 12:07 PM
It's 19 home games and your basing the £22 on last seasons prices, surely there will be an increase on PATG prices. The value is in knowing your a ST holder and have pledged the dosh to club just as you have done :greengrin

Going by the Hearts game the prices look to be the same. They'd have to be of their head to charge any more. As for the 19 games, that's never a guarantee.

Category A games (Celtic, Them, Sevco - if they were in the SPL) are dearer. £28 I think.

If Hibs, Hearts and Celtic make top six we will have 19 home games four of which will be category A brining total outlay for a walk up to £442 provided prices stay the same.

That's 3 big ifs there :greengrin.

Your not guaranteed 19 home games, even if you finish top 6 your not guaranteed two home games against anyone and lastly, do you honestly see us finishing top 6 :confused:.

patlowe
26-07-2012, 12:09 PM
No other team outside celtic will not get a better chance to finish second in the leauge and a champions leauge spot. its all about who has the vision and I feel Hibs have a blind fold on at this time.

While I'm not advocating the "speculate to accumulate" theory, if you take what's happened at hibs in comparison to the rest of the SPL over the past 5-10 years into consideration we SHOULD be in the strongest position to challenge/finish 2nd this season. It's incredibly frustrating for me that we appear to have squandered (for whatever reason) the huge head start we had made on other teams in recent times.

Andy74
26-07-2012, 03:16 PM
3rd biggest support in the SPL - yet we have one of the worst teams. Something doesn't add up somewhere.

Petrie might be good with numbers, but he has shown over and over again that he hasn't got a clue how to solve that problem.

Petrie doesn't pick the players and the team though, does he?

lyonhibs
26-07-2012, 03:23 PM

Eh???? He DOESN'T??

When did this happen?

CabbageBoy
26-07-2012, 03:29 PM

It was Petrie's strategy to cash in on the League Cup winners and pay for the White Elephant Stand/Player Leisure Development rather than invest in replacements for Brown/Thomson/Whittaker etc.

And the strategy to survive rather than entertain has to come from somewhere.

marinello59
26-07-2012, 03:34 PM
It was Petrie's strategy to cash in on the League Cup winners and pay for the White Elephant Stand/Player Leisure Development rather than invest in replacements for Brown/Thomson/Whittaker etc.

Why don't you add that Petrie strangles kittens for kicks, there is not nearly enough negative spin in your post.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Why don't you add that Petrie strangles kittens for kicks, there is not nearly enough negative spin in your post.

:faf:

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 06:17 PM

I think you will find they don't have any Hibs winners Medals...only Brown...so we won without 2 of the 3 you mention

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I think you will find they don't have any Hibs winners Medals...only Brown...so we won without 2 of the 3 you mention

Whittaker played, was subbed around 85 minutes for Kevin McCann. :wink:

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Whittaker played, was subbed around 85 minutes for Kevin McCann. :wink:

Bummer was just about to alter my error before you helpfully pointed it out :greengrin

connerg
26-07-2012, 06:33 PM
;3304807']I have bought a season ticket for this season which i bought at the time because it guaranteed me a cup final ticket.

Why?

Because I will never stand down to those cheating vermin over the road, the club that are near enough £30 million in debt yet have still been able to offer players more than double what we have for the past say 6 seasons. Heart of Midlothian haven't achieved anything, they're 'success' and apparent dominance over us in the last few years is complete bull****. Given to them, not earned. While we've been living within our means, being the good guys they've been running up debts they can't manage and living for today but this will catch up on them and soon it will all come crashing down and we'll be the dominant force for many years. I'd still rather give them a spanking fair and square though.

£30m of debt gets you 2 scottish final wins, one against one of the worst hibs teams of all time (and probably on at least half the wages) and the other against Gretna. European football a few times and a 2nd place finish? If Hibs had £30m to spend I'd like to think we'd have a fair bit more to show for it than that.

We absolutely cannot let that final be the end of us. Sure it still hurts, but now really is time to stand up and be counted. Time to show those yam f**** that we won't take it lying down and we have to come out fighting: players, fans, board members.. everyone.

F*** THE HEARTS.

:top marksThe most enjoyable post I've read in a long time!!!

Saorsa
26-07-2012, 06:38 PM
;3304807']F*** THE HEARTS.

GGTTH. :flag:I'll drink tae that lad :cheers:

Nando™
26-07-2012, 08:54 PM
;3304807']I have bought a season ticket for this season which i bought at the time because it guaranteed me a cup final ticket.

Why?

F*** THE HEARTS.

And dinnae let the ***** forget it.

They don't like it when you ram home the cold, hard truth to them. They get mightily defensive as it begins to dawn on them, that Hearts have earned diddly squat since Romanov took over, that they are nothing but a charity case club on life-support. PHREEEE MUNNYYYY. They are a morally-defunct circus, a laughing-stock of a club, willing to part it's cheeks merrily in the name of a filthy potential pound. The paedo Thomson debacle proves this.

But nah nah nah it's alright, we're just bitter hobos looking for any excuse to feel better about last season.

They know it deep down inside, they are nothing, and the only thing that enables them to feel this way is members of the Hibernian support letting them continue their ignorance.

Lungo--Drom
26-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I bought a Season Ticket for 2012/13, ages back in the excitement of us winning the Cup semi. It was £405. The way I look at it is this:
I support Hibs and I want them to succeed and survive. I consider the £405 a "donation with benefits". If my work schedule means I can go to a match at ER then I can walk up and walk in and enjoy. If work means I can't attend then Hibs still have the money regardless of whether I turn up or not so even if I cant attend I am still helping. £405 for the ST is a lot of money to most people but spread over a whole year it is only £7.79 a week. How much do you love Hibs?
:flag:

The_Horde
27-07-2012, 02:21 AM
I'll drink tae that lad :cheers:
You'll drink to anything J. :wink: :flag:

:top marksThe most enjoyable post I've read in a long time!!!
Thank god for that, was beginning to think I'd wasted 10 minutes of my life typing it out. :thumbsup:

And dinnae let the ***** forget it.

They don't like it when you ram home the cold, hard truth to them. They get mightily defensive as it begins to dawn on them, that Hearts have earned diddly squat since Romanov took over, that they are nothing but a charity case club on life-support. PHREEEE MUNNYYYY. They are a morally-defunct circus, a laughing-stock of a club, willing to part it's cheeks merrily in the name of a filthy potential pound. The paedo Thomson debacle proves this.

But nah nah nah it's alright, we're just bitter hobos looking for any excuse to feel better about last season.

They know it deep down inside, they are nothing, and the only thing that enables them to feel this way is members of the Hibernian support letting them continue their ignorance.

Spot on Nandage.

We are Hibernian FC. :flag:

Pete
27-07-2012, 05:03 AM

Why?

F*** THE HEARTS.

Loving the attitude and way of thinking as it's identical to mine.

If the final has affected you so much then **** off....pussies and big blouses are not required on our terraces, especially now. They never have been since I can remember and you wont be missed!

**** the hearts!:aok:

Saorsa
27-07-2012, 08:12 AM
;3305425']You'll drink to anything J. :wink: :flag::wink: