PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Edinburgh Derby tickets On Sale Now

RSS Bot
25-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Ticket Details Confirmed

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120725/edinburgh-derby-on-sale-now_2262950_2860379)

Sprouleflyer
25-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Ticket Details Confirmed

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120725/edinburgh-derby-on-sale-now_2262950_2860379)

Saturday 3pm.............:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I have to book train tickets for this game, is this 100% guaranteed to be a 3pm kick off, or could it still be changed for tv?

Mikey
25-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Saturday 3pm.............:thumbsup:

I hope it stays that way. There will be a lot of unhappy campers if it gets shifted now.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I have to book train tickets for this game, is this 100% guaranteed to be a 3pm kick off, or could it still be changed for tv?

Definitely the latter.

California-Hibs
25-07-2012, 12:03 PM
If this does go ahead on the Saturday at 3pm when was the last time we had a derby at this time?? Would LOVE it to ahead on this day/time!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Surely they can't advertise '3pm Saturday' on the tickets and then change it?!

Mikey
25-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Definitely the latter.

I tend to agree.

3pm
25-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Can they change it at two weeks notice?!!?:rolleyes:

Thecat23
25-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Sadly BH this can be subject to chance. Soon as SKY pick their games and if we are the ones to be picked I can see this being either Sat 12 noon or Sunday.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Sadly BH this can be subject to chance. Soon as SKY pick their games and if we are the ones to be picked I can see this being either Sat 12 noon or Sunday.

We should be told by now though, its the fans who are last to be considered as usual. I cant be the only one who needs to book transport?

Cabbage East
25-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Would be the business if this was a 3PM kick off, like the old days. Would guarantee a bigger crowd. It's a shame then that it'll always definitely get shifted to satisfy SKY.

**** off SKY

jgl07
25-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Sky can change the kick off times under the terms of the deal. I suspect they are still negotiating if there will be any live matches. If this happens wait for the Hibs match to be moved to 12:30.

Buying rail tickets now would be tempting fortune.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Saturday 3pm would be absolutely brilliant.

If its moved to the 12 noon kick off on the Saturday that wouldn't be too bad but being moved to the Sunday would just be a total pain in the erse.

easty
25-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I'll have a game on the Saturday, so I hope its moved to Sunday.

Billy Whizz
25-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I think this has been announced as Hibs and Hearts need to get on with selling the tickets regardless of when it's played. Paying customers short changed as usual

Phil MaGlass
25-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Could just be Hibs saying, "listen were not waiting for you anymore and if you want the game moved you should have given us more notice" "insert two fingers".
WouldŽnt it be great if the clubs started to bring the game back to the fans???

Thecat23
25-07-2012, 12:43 PM
We should be told by now though, its the fans who are last to be considered as usual. I cant be the only one who needs to book transport?

Fully agree with you, if there is any chance the game could be moved Hibs should state this on the website soon as. It's not fair on guys like yourself who can't book anything just in case.

EH6 Hibby
25-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Surely it would say somewhere in the article that the game may be moved for TV, I think the fact that it doesn't say that means it's confirmed for Saturday at 3pm.

Thecat23
25-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Just out of interest I wonder if anyone from both sets of Hibs and Hearts fans would put together a plan and push for these games to be played at 3pm from now on. Then get it signed by the folk on fans forums etc? Just something to show that the fans want the game back from the business men who are clearly ruining it.

superfurryhibby
25-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Just out of interest I wonder if anyone from both sets of Hibs and Hearts fans would put together a plan and push for these games to be played at 3pm from now on. Then get it signed by the folk on fans forums etc? Just something to show that the fans want the game back from the business men who are clearly ruining it.

Totally agree with the sentiment but I'm afraid that we take their cash and as a result the game sells it's soul. Don't think fan power has any sway in terms of scheduling!

Thecat23
25-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Totally agree with the sentiment but I'm afraid that we take their cash and as a result the game sells it's soul. Don't think fan power has any sway in terms of scheduling!

That's what I'm worried about. No matter what we think money will always prevail. If this game is not on SKY then I would urge everyone who wouldn't normally go to re think and get as many of your mates to go as well. Let's pack it out and show that we do care enough to get off our erse and come when we can't watch it on TV.

zlatan
25-07-2012, 01:00 PM
If this does go ahead on the Saturday at 3pm when was the last time we had a derby at this time?? Would LOVE it to ahead on this day/time!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Surely they can't advertise '3pm Saturday' on the tickets and then change it?!

2-0 win over the 'unbeatables' was the last I think.

hibs0666
25-07-2012, 01:01 PM

Televising a TV game live is a significant project. I'm not sure that Sky to pull it all together (including amending its schedule)at such short notice.

Lucius Apuleius
25-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Televising a TV game live is a significant project. I'm not sure that Sky to pull it all together (including amending its schedule)at such short notice.

Don't think it is that difficult that it cannot be achieved in 3 weeks?

hibs0666
25-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't think it is that difficult that it cannot be achieved in 3 weeks?

Given that the Olympics are on I'm not sure it would be that easy to get the necessary people/equipment at short notice.

Lucius Apuleius
25-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Given that the Olympics are on I'm not sure it would be that easy to get the necessary people/equipment at short notice.

Got to disagree mate. I personally do not see three weeks as short notice.

jgl07
25-07-2012, 01:14 PM

But Sky are not televising the Olympics.

West Upper
25-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Hope it gets moved to the Sunday so i don't miss it!

easty
25-07-2012, 01:18 PM

It might rule Claire Balding out of being the co-commentator, but I'm sure Sky could cope. They're a pretty big company nowadays.

superfurryhibby
25-07-2012, 01:30 PM
That's what I'm worried about. No matter what we think money will always prevail. If this game is not on SKY then I would urge everyone who wouldn't normally go to re think and get as many of your mates to go as well. Let's pack it out and show that we do care enough to get off our erse and come when we can't watch it on TV.

Totally agree. I pray that it's not on TV, we may have our first sell out on our hands. Seems like a big momentum being generated and I reckon we will have our biggest crowd at ER for many a year.

CB_NO3
25-07-2012, 01:47 PM
But Sky are not televising the Olympics.
They are showing some stuff at the Olympics. Seen it advertised the other day there. Is this is also the same week the Premiership starts? If so maybe they would rather show 2 Premiership games since its the opening day rather than an SPL game. Heres hoping, its stays a 3pm KO.

greenginger
25-07-2012, 01:50 PM
There is a minimum notice the Police require for rescheduling games and with a number of officers down at the Olympics, the festival events and the Derby being a Cat A fixture, I don't see change of K.O. happening now.

LancashireHibby
25-07-2012, 02:20 PM
No doubt at all in my mind that this game will get moved. Sky were obviously waiting on the Zombie Huns situation before picking their televised games so I'd assume/hope they will release the new kick off times pretty soon.

lucky
25-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Look we all want the tv deal remain the same so its a very likely that the biggest league game in Scotland will be on tv. 1230 Saturday is when it will be

jgl07
25-07-2012, 02:29 PM
They are showing some stuff at the Olympics. Seen it advertised the other day there. Is this is also the same week the Premiership starts? If so maybe they would rather show 2 Premiership games since its the opening day rather than an SPL game. Heres hoping, its stays a 3pm KO.

Sky can't just opt to televise another EPL match. This is all negotiated well in advance.

BBC and Eurosport have the contract to televise the Olympics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2012_Summer_Olympics_broadcasters

HH81
25-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Still can't see it been on Sat at 3. Think I will end up driving up.

Ireallywasthere
25-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Look we all want the tv deal remain the same so its a very likely that the biggest league game in Scotland will be on tv. 1230 Saturday is when it will be

Sunday 12:30 is the likeliest - its not going to be played on Saturday

Eyrie
25-07-2012, 07:10 PM

The Premiership doesn't start until the following weekend, and Sky are showing Wigan/Chelsea followed by Man City/Southampton on Sunday with Everton/Man Utd on Monday 20th. ESPN have Newcastle/Spurs on Saturday evening.

So I'd say we're a certainty to be shown on the 11th.

DH1875
25-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Given that it's now the biggest fixture on the calender I'd be very surprised if it wasn't moved for TV. How much notice did they give before moving the Inverness game at the end of last season? I remember it caused a few others a problem with the trains.

rcarter1
25-07-2012, 09:10 PM
10,308 home seats taken already according to the official website. I like how you can choose the individual seat, and see what has already been taken. Only 5474 seats remain....

:flag::flag::flag:

SouthamptonHibs
25-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Buying my tickets this week managed to persuade a few mates to go. On a sad note another day without a signing we'll get beat again fi them wi our current squad! 2012/13 not excited yet but will be attending

Steve-O
26-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Can they change it at two weeks notice?!!?:rolleyes:

It has happened to me before...had a weekend booked in Aberdeen - game was changed to the Monday night at less than 2 weeks notice! Nae refunds so we all still went up anyway :greengrin

Hibby_Paul
26-07-2012, 03:55 PM
It has happened to me before...had a weekend booked in Aberdeen - game was changed to the Monday night at less than 2 weeks notice! Nae refunds so we all still went up anyway :greengrin

Top night out was still had too I remember!

Steve-O
27-07-2012, 06:39 AM

Followed by a brutal drive back the next day though...:greengrin

Newhaven
27-07-2012, 06:55 AM

Followed by a brutal drive back the next day though...:greengrin

Slumped in a chinese ordering sweet and sour soup at 2am :faf:

Mikey
27-07-2012, 02:08 PM
By the look of today's article in the Herald it'll either be the derby or Peterhead v Sevco on TV that day. If the Sevco license gets sorted out it'll be them.

yeezus.
27-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Just ordered my ticket, has anyone else ordered a student ticket? It says collection only - I haven't noticed that before ... ?

LancashireHibby
27-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Just ordered my ticket, has anyone else ordered a student ticket? It says collection only - I haven't noticed that before ... ?
Think it's so that you have to show your student card when you collect your ticket.

yeezus.
27-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Think it's so that you have to show your student card when you collect your ticket.

Aye, I thought that but I've never been asked before ... and could do with getting the ticket before the day.

Zondervan
27-07-2012, 04:29 PM

Quite right as well, too many folk abuse the system in this respect.

Baba O'riley
27-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Aye, I thought that but I've never been asked before ... and could do with getting the ticket before the day.

you should still be able to pick it up before the day? (although looking at your username, I'm guessing you might not be in Edinburgh before the game?!) It's annoying; I got the same when I was at uni, and every time I got told on the phone I had to collect tickets and take mines and my cousin's student cards along, yet not once did I get asked to show the student ID when I actually picked up the tickets!
I can understand why they do it, but they could at least have some consistency....

DH1875
27-07-2012, 10:23 PM

How does that work though :confused:. College and Uni don't go back till end of Aug/Sept so how can you show student I'd as you won't have it till then.

stewpot
28-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I gave the club a call to see if they have any updated info on the hearts game and the if its likely to be changed. I was advised that at the moment it is still sat but things might change but she didnt know. I asked if i could speak with anyone else as its a bit difficult to arrange transport for this game and its a bit short notice to change. She advised me i could write in and promptly hung up on me

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2012, 04:13 PM
I gave the club a call to see if they have any updated info on the hearts game and the if its likely to be changed. I was advised that at the moment it is still sat but things might change but she didnt know. I asked if i could speak with anyone else as its a bit difficult to arrange transport for this game and its a bit short notice to change. She advised me i could write in and promptly hung up on me

If this is true, :faf: I know i shouldnt have, but :faf:

yeezus.
29-07-2012, 03:05 PM
you should still be able to pick it up before the day? (although looking at your username, I'm guessing you might not be in Edinburgh before the game?!) It's annoying; I got the same when I was at uni, and every time I got told on the phone I had to collect tickets and take mines and my cousin's student cards along, yet not once did I get asked to show the student ID when I actually picked up the tickets!
I can understand why they do it, but they could at least have some consistency....

Aye, I might just order a full price adult ticket and get it posted, not worth getting the bus from Stranraer to Edinburgh just to get the student ticket

madabouthibs
30-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Is there not a chance it could still be televised at 3 on the Saturday, especially seeing as there's no EPL that weekend?

TamHibs
30-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Is there not a chance it could still be televised at 3 on the Saturday, especially seeing as there's no EPL that weekend?

I'm sure there is a rule that games cannot be shown Live at 3pm other than cup finals.

DC_Hibs
30-07-2012, 09:50 AM

Thats the way customer service should be for a call like yours.

Hibs have no control at all over the kick off day or time so you might as well have phoned Rupert Murdoch's hoose.
Until agreement is reached on the new TV deal between the SPL and ESPN/Sky we have to wait ....which I agree is a complete joke this close to the first game.

Money dictates as you may have noticed in Scottish fitba this close season

JHFC
30-07-2012, 10:04 AM
any news on how many tickets we have sold so far?

DH1875
30-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Will love it if it's 3 o'clock on a Saturday but does no one else find it ridiculous that they are seriously thinking of showing the newco game instead of the derby :tsk tsk:.

marinello59
30-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Will love it if it's 3 o'clock on a Saturday but does no one else find it ridiculous that they are seriously thinking of showing the newco game instead of the derby :tsk tsk:.

I find it sad rather than ridiculous. For a large number of people in Scotland and the majority throughout the UK who even bother to look at Scottish football Newco's adventures will have massive curiousity value. For a wee while anyway.

Ireallywasthere
01-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Sunday 12:30 is the likeliest - its not going to be played on Saturday

Now confirmed as being on Sunday 12th

HH81
01-08-2012, 06:37 AM

Confirmed where?

3pm
01-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Confirmed where?

It's not on the Hibs or SPL website...yet.

ano hibby
01-08-2012, 07:03 AM

Source please?

Pam
01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Nonsense

http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/scottishpremier/fixtures-results

Billy Whizz
01-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Nonsense

http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/scottishpremier/fixtures-results

Tv games not yet announced, so this will change unfortunately

Hiber-nation
01-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Tv games not yet announced, so this will change unfortunately

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

They've confirmed Celtc v Aberdeen this Saturday so you never know - and ESPN have yet to announce their schedule.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

They've confirmed Celtc v Aberdeen this Saturday so you never know - and ESPN have yet to announce their schedule.

Please let the derby be Sunday

Pam
01-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Please let the derby be Sunday

Ditto....my birthday and back from hols on 11th! Doubt it though.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Ditto....my birthday and back from hols on 11th! Doubt it though.

I want the Sunday because I'm toiling to get the Saturday off! So I'm being selfish.....;)

Off the bar
01-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I want the Sunday because I'm toiling to get the Saturday off! So I'm being selfish.....;)

should'nt that be 'I'm being shell fish' Hermit crab? ah ha ha ok I'll get my coat

Billy Whizz
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Now on SPL Website. Confirmed as Sunday 12th August 12.30pm KO

Hamish
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
:agree:http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Fixtures