PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths moans about hotel, Weegie media makes a big deal about it

Paisley Hibby
24-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Can't find a link but just heard on Radio Scotland that Leigh has been slagging off the club's hotel in Berlin. Apparently described it on twitter as a prison camp :rolleyes: Can't imagine the tache will be too happy with that?

Aldo
24-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Can't find a link but just heard on Radio Scotland that Leigh has been slagging off the club's hotel in Berlin. Apparently described it on twitter as a prison camp :rolleyes: Can't imagine the tache will be too happy with that?

Here we go already.... The ****ing BBC picking on the laddie already. ****ing west coast media can get tae ****. Their having a dig already. Who cares if he thinks it like a prison camp... The guy has an opinion has he not.

Their stirring it bunch of ****ers.

I apologies if this out burst offends anyone and realize that the bits will be starred out.

Jim44
24-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I hope he didn't mention the war.

phantomscotsman
24-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Nah he's not said anything on twitter that mentions the hotel.. Just checked and can't see any mention of it.. Usual idiots slagging him off but mostly talking about games and trying to get match fit..

H18sry
24-07-2012, 08:00 AM
If he didn't tweet it or put it out into the open there would be no story, I thought he may have screwed the heed before coming back, realizing that journo's are waiting to pick up on anything you say and make a big deal of it. :rolleyes:

lucky
24-07-2012, 08:02 AM
He is hardly causing trouble, all he said hotel was like a prison camp and he can't wait to get home. Total non story.

Steve-O
24-07-2012, 08:05 AM
What is his actual Twitter name?

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Here we go already.... The ****ing BBC picking on the laddie already. ****ing west coast media can get tae ****. Their having a dig already. Who cares if he thinks it like a prison camp... The guy has an opinion has he not.

Their stirring it bunch of ****ers.

I apologies if this out burst offends anyone and realize that the bits will be starred out.absolutely nae doubt he'll be one of the main targets for the season for they pricks.

Jack
24-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Nah he's not said anything on twitter that mentions the hotel.. Just checked and can't see any mention of it.. Usual idiots slagging him off but mostly talking about games and trying to get match fit..

According to that bastion of honesty and integrity, the sun, the tweet was later removed ... probably after the waiter pissed in his cornflakes :greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-07-2012, 08:10 AM
No way I'll be back at ER until all players have their tongues cut out.

Aldo
24-07-2012, 08:13 AM
absolutely nae doubt he'll be one of the main targets for the season for they pricks.

Got it in one J.

Pretty Boy
24-07-2012, 08:15 AM
The hotel would have been better if Rangers had been in the SPL.

Players really should be a bit careful about what they post on Twitter given the vultures employed by the tabaloids in this country are desperate for any negativity coming from SPL clubs this season. Total non story though.

Chuck Rhoades
24-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Admins close this thread. It's the last thing we need right now.

BBC twisting things as usual.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Christ i hope the pitch is in good enough condition, or he could be on a train back to Wolverhampton very soon? :greengrin

Non story, even if the hotel is crap, he's allowed an opinion.

Aubenas
24-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Following Hibs on the tour. Good atmosphere amongst players. The Skipper sitting next to Sparky on the flight yesterday! The training seems to be v professional and hard - so if the hotel is 'like a prison camp' GOOD! Wouldn't really want the squad released into Berlin the night before a game!!!

hibsbollah
24-07-2012, 08:17 AM
As major crimes go, its hardly up there with Anders Breivik, is it? :rolleyes:

any chance of some kind of warning next to threads from the Record or The Sun? something like 'Warning- this story is likely to be fabricated, vacuous and peurile'

SMAXXA
24-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Total non story IMO.

I do think that the club should request that players refrain from tweeting anything about Hibs, seems no real good comes of it and its a distraction we don't need. If I was tweeting about my job and what the banks doing etc I'd get shot.

I appreciate there will be fans who like these tweets but I could do without them.

SlickShoes
24-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Christ i hope the pitch is in good enough condition, or he could be on a train back to Wolverhampton very soon? :greengrin

Exactly this, it's the year 2012 people we don't agree with and are different from also use the internet, sometimes they post things you wouldn't, that's life. If this was 1991 maybe keith wright didn't like the pre season hotel so he'd only have been able to tell the other players and maybe his wife or whatever but it's 2012 people post things on twitter.

Also his twitter is locked to anyone he doesn't accept as a friend.

I couldn't care less if the hibs team are camping in a field, if it gets them ready for the coming season that's all that matters.

greenginger
24-07-2012, 08:20 AM
absolutely nae doubt he'll be one of the main targets for the season for they pricks.

Well we should pick on the " pricks ". The power of social media is obvious, if any hacks get outrageous with unwarranted guff re Griffiths we should run threads on pricks themselves and post them to other club sites or to Twitter accounts etc.

The lying hacks will never have all their own way again ! :agree:

lucky
24-07-2012, 08:26 AM
What is his actual Twitter name?

@LeighG28

VickMackie
24-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Spooky was moaning about the food on twitter as well. What a prick!

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 08:30 AM

He should be very scared now.

hibsbollah
24-07-2012, 08:37 AM

It was probably ghost written :agree:

wearethehibs
24-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Kinda of topic but see on twitter Leigh comes across as an idoit. I unfollwed him ages ago. All he did was retweet the abuse he got (I dont want to see what jambos have to say) and he would always bite as well. I really dont think he should have twitter, he's going to go to far 1 day.

SMAXXA
24-07-2012, 08:44 AM
It was probably ghost written :agree:

Na I heared it was brockwurst and sauerkraut

marinello59
24-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Has the Daily Rercord called for Hibs to start the season with a points deduction because of this yet?

#FromTheCapital
24-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Seen this tweet from Leigh yesterday he must of deleted it.

To be honest who really cares if he thinks a hotel is a prison camp?:rolleyes:

Agreeing with an earlier post, Leigh really shouldn't have a twitter. People know that he bites to pretty much everything and constantly wind him up.

SlickShoes
24-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Kinda of topic but see on twitter Leigh comes across as an idoit. I unfollwed him ages ago. All he did was retweet the abuse he got (I dont want to see what jambos have to say) and he would always bite as well. I really dont think he should have twitter, he's going to go to far 1 day.

The majority of footballers I have read on twitter are the same, it's all txt speak and bad spelling in general, there are a few that seem to have completed high school at least, they are worth following.

goosefat
24-07-2012, 09:29 AM
The majority of footballers I have read on twitter are the same, it's all txt speak and bad spelling in general, there are a few that seem to have completed high school at least, they are worth following.

Indeed. It's like verbal Rubik's Cube played by angry 10 year old boys.

NOLA
24-07-2012, 09:32 AM
footballers have too much time on their hands thesedays, they should be banned from twitter and stick to the bookies :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
24-07-2012, 09:40 AM
More on the comments here, if true then he really is not the brightest lad, but then again we already knew this.

time to grow up Leigh.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4446548/Leighs-bit-of-twit-again.html

Thecat23
24-07-2012, 09:42 AM

:casper: :giruy:

allezsauzee
24-07-2012, 10:42 AM
A fresh twitter storm? The sun really are struggling to make a story out of this aren't they. I hope Leigh keeps up this so called bad behaviour, we need some people in life who do and think differently from the crowd.

Gatecrasher
24-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Not a huge deal but a bit unprofessional from Leigh, maybe he should think twice before posting things like this.

Stevie Reid
24-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not bothered about Leigh's comments but I am amazed at any manager that allows any player to use Twitter - nothing good ever comes from it, lots of negativity has come from it, and it just gives lazy hacks an even easier job than they had in the first place.

silverhibee
24-07-2012, 10:58 AM

Yes he is allowed an opinion BH, but as you know, say anything like that and the club will hammer you with a fine for giving an opinion. :wink:

VickMackie
24-07-2012, 11:01 AM
:faf:

Stupid auto correct.

silverhibee
24-07-2012, 11:02 AM

FFS, that could get his two week fine for slating the prison camp doubled, the club come down heavy on this kind of stuff.

Treadstone
24-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Daily Record will put the spin on it , that this because of financial armageddon caused by putting Sevco to Div 3 .

Paisley Hibby
24-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Agree with those who said this is not much of a story - but even so, the Sun and BBC Scotland thought it was worth reporting. Leigh SHOULD know better than to give the lazy hacks an excuse to kick him (and indirectly kick Hibs). However, I don't get the impression he is bright enough to get why this is a problem. Not doubting his football ability but he must be an absolute nightmare to have around in the dressing room. I wonder if it is his immature/inadequate personality rather than cash that has stopped Hibs signing him permanently?

--------
24-07-2012, 11:28 AM

Sounds as if finally we have a manager who knows what discipline means.

Even now young Leigh is in the cooler, stotting a football off the walls and counting the hours till he's released. :greengrin

The usual line was "Vee haff vays of making you talk..."

In Leigh's case Pat has to find a "vay" to make him shut up.

allezsauzee
24-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Hotel's a bit rubbish, Leigh tweets that it's a bit rubbish, not a big deal. Now if he was out getting blotto when he was meant to be in his room , doing coke, not training properly then that's a problem. As far as i'm aware he's not doing any of that.

Dinkydoo
24-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I didn't see the Tweet but if he said that the hotel is like a "Prison Camp" could that not mean that training is hard, early night, healthy food, early rise....... Doesn't neccessarily mean that it is crap.

and even if it is crap, so what, you're allowed to say that - without going OTT.

--------
24-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Do we know exactly what Leigh meant when he tweeted this?

Did Leigh know what he meant?

They're not in the Radisson or the Hilton, I guess. The way the money is right now, they're lucky they're not in a Youth Hostel.

Or worse - 'Arbeit Macht Frei', don't you know?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope he didn't mention the war.

He mentioned it once, but I think he got away with it.

Jim44
24-07-2012, 12:04 PM
The reference to prison camp might actually refer to the restrictions laid down by Fenlon and not a criticism of the hotel itself. If so, good on PF.

--------
24-07-2012, 12:05 PM
More on the comments here, if true then he really is not the brightest lad, but then again we already knew this.

time to grow up Leigh.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4446548/Leighs-bit-of-twit-again.html

"The Scotland Under-21 cap only returned to Hibs last week after being axed by new Wolves boss Stale Solbakken.

On the day pre-season training started at Molineux, he tweeted: “Officially start today #cantbebothered #bed.”

Later that day, a photo of Griffiths was posted on team-mate Steven Fletcher’s twitter account.

It appeared to show him asleep on a bench in the dressing room dressed in his Wolves training gear.

Solbakken was not impressed by Griffiths’ conduct and allowed the player to return to Hibs on loan until January."

It seems we should be glad he posts this stuff. It's the reason Solbakken 'axed' him and let him come back to us.

Now if he'd only 'axed' Fletcher and sent him back as well ...

patlowe
24-07-2012, 12:07 PM
It's not exactly big news and I'm not in any way outraged but comments like #getmehomeasap do nothing to help the general impression of Hibs players lacking professionalism and class. Players should appreciate the privileged opportunity to travel and experience new cultures at the expense of the club (and the fans for that matter).

--------
24-07-2012, 12:09 PM
The reference to prison camp might actually refer to the restrictions laid down by Fenlon and not a criticism of the hotel itself. If so, good on PF.

Weren't there complaints from certain prima donnas in John Collins' time - he took them to Portugal to train in the warm climate, and shock-horror, expected them to train in the warm climate?

Hainan Hibs
24-07-2012, 12:15 PM
What a lot of crap. He's made a comment about the hotel, that is all. Slow news day.

DMR1875
24-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Spoilt little ****. He should be grateful that he is doing a job he loves and getting paid for it. Twitter Twat!

--------
24-07-2012, 12:25 PM
It's not exactly big news and I'm not in any way outraged but comments like #getmehomeasap do nothing to help the general impression of Hibs players lacking professionalism and class. Players should appreciate the privileged opportunity to travel and experience new cultures at the expense of the club (and the fans for that matter).

Aye, but a six-ton Army truck instead of a team bus, armed guards yelling "Appel! Raus! Raus!" at five in the morning, being fed from Red Cross parcels and vaulting a stupid wooden horse for two hours every afternoon, and lights-out and lockdown at seven every evening?

http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/images/large/9939_Wooden-Horse-01.JPG

Don't think much of the new training gear, either.

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Another bloody thing, why oh why if were skint and need to sell 3,000 more ST,s are the team travelling all over Holland,Belgium and Germany. This must have cost the club thousands just for accomodation and flights, never mind transport food and whatever more I could add in.

Oh aye and Griffiths needs tae shut the **** up, if these guys were doing enough training and playing in the first place they would be too bloody nackered tae be complaining.

whiskyhibby
24-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Or it might have been PF hijacking Leighs Twitter account..................

whiskyhibby
24-07-2012, 12:30 PM
What a lot of crap. He's made a comment about the hotel, that is all. Slow news day.

Well said!!

Teo10
24-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Another bloody thing, why oh why if were skint and need to sell 3,000 more ST,s are the team travelling all over Holland,Belgium and Germany. This must have cost the club thousands just for accomodation and flights, never mind transport food and whatever more I could add in.

Oh aye and Griffiths needs tae shut the **** up, if these guys were doing enough training and playing in the first place they would be too bloody nackered tae be complaining.

The players were getting asked to put spare footballs, kit etc in their bags to cut down on luggage costs...

It will have been good for them to get out of this place and get some proper focus

NOLA
24-07-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.eagleeyesactionstation.co.uk/ekmps/shops/eagleeyes/images/action-man-escape-from-colditz-set-40th-mib-160-p.jpg

Jack
24-07-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.eagleeyesactionstation.co.uk/ekmps/shops/eagleeyes/images/action-man-escape-from-colditz-set-40th-mib-160-p.jpg

Part of Colditz is now a youth hostel.

I'm sure, as suggested previously, the record and co will suggest this is cost cutting by Hibs reflecting our position on the cusp of bankruptcy.

Wotherspiniesta
24-07-2012, 01:15 PM
I like Sparky.

He speaks his mind. It'll get him in trouble at times. I'm sure the club and Fenlon will deal with it appropriately but as long as he's banging them in for the cabbage I couldn't care less.

sahib
24-07-2012, 02:29 PM

time to grow up Leigh.

You should read his hotel review on tripadvisor!
He has got to go. :wink:

Littlest Hobo
24-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Griffiths in outburst storm....non story.

Get yer heid doon son, work like a dog and score plenty goals.

That's how ye stick it right back up the weeg mejia.

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Wait until the newco players realise no more five star hotels for them on away trips! Could never understand why they spent so much on hotels for away games in Edinburgh!

Stantons Angel
24-07-2012, 04:14 PM
This laddie has to learn that all and everybody in the Scottish media is just waiting on the least wee thing he does wrong (in their minds) and they will jump on him in a flash!

Once again Hibs have came to his rescue and offered him the chance to play himself into the limelight and get a decent club, if he wants one. Even though there may be no story in this he should have learned from other players gaffes with Twitter and Facebook and think before he posts.

The training camp may seem like a "prison camp" compared to previous pre season tours but that is the point. They have had it too easy and we have all been bemoaning the results throughout the season.

From what i seen of their hotel it was fine but they were not allowed out or any alcohol, surely he should just get the head down work hard and come home fitter and raring to go for the new season. After all they are not over there on Holiday!!!

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I think we should club together and buy Leigh a motor bike. At the very least a baseball and a catcher's mitt should be supplied to help him pass the time. Petrie has to respect the Geneva Convention.

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2012, 05:12 PM
As the Hibs players are being forced to stay in a prison camp on their pre season tour. I thought us fans could lift their spirits by sending them some reminders of home.

In my parcel, I have enclosed a DVD of this year's Scottish Cup Final, and a prescription for Methadone.

Anyone got suggestions?

johnbc70
24-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Wizard of Oz DVD

sahib
24-07-2012, 05:57 PM
This laddie has to learn that all and everybody in the Scottish media is just waiting on the least wee thing he does wrong (in their minds) and they will jump on him in a flash!

Once again Hibs have came to his rescue and offered him the chance to play himself into the limelight and get a decent club, if he wants one. Even though there may be no story in this he should have learned from other players gaffes with Twitter and Facebook and think before he posts.

The training camp may seem like a "prison camp" compared to previous pre season tours but that is the point. They have had it too easy and we have all been bemoaning the results throughout the season.

From what i seen of their hotel it was fine but they were not allowed out or any alcohol, surely he should just get the head down work hard and come home fitter and raring to go for the new season. After all they are not over there on Holiday!!!

What hotel was it? Not the posh one that Jacko dangled his bairn out of, I assume.

bod
24-07-2012, 06:17 PM
rather its a prison camp & not a holliday camp.
pre season should be hell to let them know what this coming seasons all about

Part/Time Supporter
24-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Interesting story in this context...

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong charged over tweet (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18974073)

Bostonhibby
24-07-2012, 06:41 PM
WTF? He should see some of the places around Europe I and a few of my fellow Hibby's have paid our own money to sleep in for the privilege, yes privilege of just following Hibs.

Am a fan of Leigh on the pitch, wanted him back, but we need to be a bit more media savvy here - the bassas who earn their living pretending to be journalists feed of stuff like this as the easy alternative to doing any actual journalism.

Eyrie
24-07-2012, 07:34 PM
As the Hibs players are being forced to stay in a prison camp on their pre season tour. I thought us fans could lift their spirits by sending them some reminders of home.

In my parcel, I have enclosed a DVD of this year's Scottish Cup Final, and a prescription for Methadone.

Anyone got suggestions?

A DVD of the Sean Connery film "The Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill_(film))"

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2012, 11:33 PM
LG comes across as two sandwiches short of a picnic. Given we are in Berlin, with famous concentration camps nearby, his comment's are stupid and ignorant IMO

NOLA
25-07-2012, 12:04 AM
A DVD of the Sean Connery film "The Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill_(film))"

great film by the way :thumbsup:

Leishy1995
25-07-2012, 01:56 AM
I actually saw the tweet. But in all honesty, he was just stating his thoughts. I tweet all sorts on twitter and don't see many getting offended. I wouldn't change if I was famous or a footballer.

ALF TUPPER
25-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Pat Fenlon defending Sparky this morning. He is raging at the media !

Nice one Pat. Disciplines the players when required and equally supports them publicly if needed.

lapsedhibee
25-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I think we should club together and buy Leigh a motor bike.

What's happened to his jetpack likes? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Pat Fenlon defending Sparky this morning. He is raging at the media !

Nice one Pat. Disciplines the players when required and equally supports them publicly if needed.

So he should be, this is a load of bollox. He's made a statement that most people are taking as if he actually means it. FFS how many of us have said the stewards at easter road act like the gestapo? Do we actually mean they remove folk for standing up, and take them outside and shoot them?

Piqué
25-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Deleted his twitter account now surely!

monktonharp
25-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Admins close this thread. It's the last thing we need right now.

BBC twisting things as usual.did you get my PM ? yay or nay?

Lucius Apuleius
25-07-2012, 04:37 PM
So he should be, this is a load of bollox. He's made a statement that most people are taking as if he actually means it. FFS how many of us have said the stewards at easter road act like the gestapo? Do we actually mean they remove folk for standing up, and take them outside and shoot them?

:agree: I really don't see how this is being classed as indelicate and a connection with the war. The war finished 67 bloody years ago. I would not imagine Leigh knows much about it. Total non bloody story.

leither17
26-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Good interview today in the metro from Leigh says he has something to prove and has closed his social media sites

Squealing pig
26-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Damn I liked Leigh on twitter.

ALF TUPPER
26-07-2012, 05:57 PM

Totally Agree