PDA

View Full Version : Too many negative threads

JohnStephens91
23-07-2012, 11:35 AM
So I'll start a positive one considering I was one of the ones who started a negative one :wink:

We take it in turns to post what we love about our club, the history, the present, the future?, the stadium, the culture, roots and everything else you can think of and not focus on the negativity.

I'll start: I love the feeling of walking towards the stadium after I've seen the top of it from Leith Walk. It brings back so many great memories and creates a good sense of anticipation, even last season and the season before that strangely enough. Supporting Hibs makes me feel proud and I love sitting with thousands of others who feel the same.

Vault Boy
23-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I love being what I believe to be the only teenage Hibs fan in Essex. The look of confusion when I answer the question, 'what team do you support?' :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
23-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I love the fact that Hibs are part of the whole fabric of my history.

The place I was born and brought up.

I can't be classed as a glory hunter.

I consider myself a real football fan and not one of those who hop on a bus to watch success in a different city.

Ray_
23-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I love being what I believe to be the only teenage Hibs fan in Essex. The look of confusion when I answer the question, 'what team do you support?' :greengrin

Sorry to burst your bubble on that one, there are two in my household, the only [major] downside, I'm not one of them!

Big Frank
23-07-2012, 02:31 PM
One of the main things I love about Hibernian FC is you lot!

I think Hibernian has pretty much the best support in the land. Naebody is like us imho.

...for example, we before the start of the week we had circa 7k season ticket holders.... despite the continual guff served up to us in the last 5years, dismantling of the most exciting prospects since the 70s, continual psih derby record, worst result in our history dished out by our greatest rivals etc etc..... still 7k ST without adding walk ups.

Thats the romance of Hibernian FC

oh aye, **** hertz

whiskyhibby
23-07-2012, 05:20 PM
One of the main things I love about Hibernian FC is you lot!

I think Hibernian has pretty much the best support in the land. Naebody is like us imho.

...for example, we before the start of the week we had circa 7k season ticket holders.... despite the continual guff served up to us in the last 5years, dismantling of the most exciting prospects since the 70s, continual psih derby record, worst result in our history dished out by our greatest rivals etc etc..... still 7k ST without adding walk ups.

Thats the romance of Hibernian FC

oh aye, **** hertz

:-)))

Vault Boy
23-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble on that one, there are two in my household, the only [major] downside, I'm not one of them!

Bubble remains intact, you are not a teenager, and probably never have been. :na na:

Ozyhibby
23-07-2012, 05:30 PM
I love the fact that even when we are good I know it won't be long till we're rubbish again.

Oops, wrong thread.

basehibby
23-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Once bitten forever smitten.... I can remember someone saying to me that every Hibs fan they ever met was a fanatic - and it's true! There's just something about the Hibees that inspires total devotion even though Hibs are very very far from being an easy team to support.

I've sometimes thought it's like being stuck in an abusive relationship - Hibs is a very beautiful and exciting but totally unreliable sultry sexy babe who just keeps on letting you down again and again - but you just can't forget the times when it was oh-soo right and nothing will ever come close to equalling those moments so you just keep on coming back for more :drool:

So that's it - I reckon Hibs satisfy my hidden latent sado-masochistic tendencies better than a twelve hour dominatrix-boot-licking session in a gimp suit ever could - Machim Hibby you are not alone! :slipper:

Pretty Boy
23-07-2012, 06:31 PM
I love the fact that whenever Hibs get so bad you feel like you might've close to having had enough they always seem to pull something out the hat to bring you back.

In my lifetime we had the poor seasons under Miller during the Mercer saga then won the Skol Cup. We had relegation then pumped Hertz 0-3 at Tynecastle in our 1st season back up then followed that up the next season with 6-2, some brilliant football and a Scottish Cup final appearance. We had the Williamson era where I was seriously hacked off with Hibs before Mowbray came in and put a team on the park who played with a real swagger and arrogance and followed up by Collins who won us the League Cup again.

Here's hoping we can pull it off again.

Apart from that I can't really put my finger on what I love about Hibs, I just do.

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2012, 06:36 PM
For all of their faults I still really enjoy the whole package following Hibs ... the hour or so in the pub pre match and the game itsself.

But most of all its the daft stuff like taking two days off work to drive to Dingwall for a Scottish cup tie or going to Blackpool for a couple of days for a meaningless friendly.

I think a lot of stuff goes for fans of any club though and is not unique to us .... the friends you have made or will make following your club.

Its still brilliant and beats going to the pictures any old day of the bloody week.

And most importantly:

Knowing that I following the most infuriating, frustration inducing, hair tearing out causing, letting downest football club in the world.

But for all of that ...... knowing that its the best club in the world and that I love it !!!

:flag:

down-the-slope
23-07-2012, 09:43 PM
its the not being able to understand why.....but unable not to....