PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a clip of this.....

Glory Lurker
22-07-2012, 09:08 PM
The "favourite goal" thread brought to mind my favourite goal celebration that I have been there to see - Paul Dalglish and Chris Killen. Does anyone else remember this/have a clip of it - I would have thought it'd be ripe for youtube but I can't find it? Can't remember who we were playing, but was at ER. They ran off to the corner flag at the west/north, one of them got down on all fours and starting crawling along (pretending to be a cow or bull, I think), the other "stabbed" the "bull" with the corner flag, and the "bull" fell over. Not quite as good as the Icelandic guys on youtube, but awfy funny at the time.

Jonnyboy
22-07-2012, 09:11 PM
The "favourite goal" thread brought to mind my favourite goal celebration that I have been there to see - Paul Dalglish and Chris Killen. Does anyone else remember this/have a clip of it - I would have thought it'd be ripe for youtube but I can't find it? Can't remember who we were playing, but was at ER. They ran off to the corner flag at the west/north, one of them got down on all fours and starting crawling along (pretending to be a cow or bull, I think), the other "stabbed" the "bull" with the corner flag, and the "bull" fell over. Not quite as good as the Icelandic guys on youtube, but awfy funny at the time.

Think it was the 7-0 at home to Livi. Highlights on Hibs TV if you're a member

Glory Lurker
22-07-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanks - will track it down!

Just_Jimmy
22-07-2012, 09:48 PM

Imagine winning 7-0 at home. Them were the days! Aberdeen beat the now defunct rangers that night as well.

Saorsa
22-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Think it was the 7-0 at home to Livi. Highlights on Hibs TV if you're a member3-1 v Dundee UTD, 3rd goal :agree:

I have the clip

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwGZEHvmK4

KWJ
23-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Great goal from Killen.

MSK
23-07-2012, 04:52 AM
3-1 v Dundee UTD, 3rd goal :agree:

I have the clip

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwGZEHvmK4The celebration ...:faf:

Fenriz
23-07-2012, 06:54 AM

Think those 2 games were within a few weeks of each other, remember the ref watching that celebration with concern and then having difficulty getting the corner flag back in :greengrin.
A funny moment from that 7-0 game was Konte attempting an overhead kick in the last minute to make it 8- the entire crowd were willing him on so much!

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2012, 07:05 AM
What a crowd in the FF!!!!!!! Lots of STs then I guess.

The Sea-gull
23-07-2012, 08:05 AM
What a crowd in the FF!!!!!!! Lots of STs then I guess.

Crowds in general were decent at that time. IIRC 11-12k was the norm for a lowish crowd and 13-14k was often reached, with big games v OF and Hearts selling out.

Of course, we were probably playing our best football since the mid 70s (perhaps jointly with the late 90s/early 2000s team), scoring lots of goals and winning lots of games.

Different economic times then too.

I am kind of in two minds, had the board invested a bit more in the team at that time would we still be getting better crowds today or would we have shot ourselves in the foot financially by making said investment? I'm tempted to play devil's advocate and say perhaps a bit both applys but I think had the board shown a wee bit more ambition we might have kept more fans and been a bit better football wise and finance wise than we are now.

We still would have lost some fans for economic reasons but would have at least saved some of those who desserted because the product on offer has not been worth paying money to go and watch. We now face a difficult task to get these people back.

Posh Swanny
23-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Pretty sure the Dundee United game was a voucher game for "that" Cup Semi final. Hence the big crowd.

Steve-O
23-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Some goal!

I can only just really vaguely remember that goal / game for some reason. Who else scored? :confused:

Pretty Boy
23-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Pretty sure the Dundee United game was a voucher game for "that" Cup Semi final. Hence the big crowd.

It was.

There was a pretty big Hibs crowd in the Dunbar end as well that day.

Think it was about 15k.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Crowds in general were decent at that time. IIRC 11-12k was the norm for a lowish crowd and 13-14k was often reached, with big games v OF and Hearts selling out.

Of course, we were probably playing our best football since the mid 70s (perhaps jointly with the late 90s/early 2000s team), scoring lots of goals and winning lots of games.

Different economic times then too.

I am kind of in two minds, had the board invested a bit more in the team at that time would we still be getting better crowds today or would we have shot ourselves in the foot financially by making said investment? I'm tempted to play devil's advocate and say perhaps a bit both applys but I think had the board shown a wee bit more ambition we might have kept more fans and been a bit better football wise and finance wise than we are now.

We still would have lost some fans for economic reasons but would have at least saved some of those who desserted because the product on offer has not been worth paying money to go and watch. We now face a difficult task to get these people back.

I do remember it well Sea Gull. This was pure sarcasm. Guess it missed the mark :greengrin

Posh Swanny
23-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Some goal!

I can only just really vaguely remember that goal / game for some reason. Who else scored? :confused:

Riordan got one and I think the other was an og. It was 3-0 at half time.

A 12 year old Goodwillie scored a consolation for them in injury time.

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Riordan got one and I think the other was an og. It was 3-0 at half time.

A 12 year old Goodwillie scored a consolation for them in injury time.:agree: the og was a header in tae the top corner from a Riordan cross/shot in tae the box

Edit:

goal 1 Riordan (http://youtu.be/79cZ7YFEy5s)

goal 2 og (http://youtu.be/kUpM4JyR2ZI)

neilmartinrocks
23-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I do remember it well Sea Gull. This was pure sarcasm. Guess it missed the mark :greengrin

we really do need a sarcasm icon on this forum .... anybody??

The Sea-gull
23-07-2012, 10:10 AM

Sorry, missed the sarcastic under tones of the post. Too busy thinking about the good times of racing into 3-0 half time leads v the Dundee Uniteds of this world and being a SPL team 7-0 at home!

JohnStephens91
23-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Think those 2 games were within a few weeks of each other, remember the ref watching that celebration with concern and then having difficulty getting the corner flag back in :greengrin.
A funny moment from that 7-0 game was Konte attempting an overhead kick in the last minute to make it 8- the entire crowd were willing him on so much!

I remember that one so well! He almost butchered the Livi player with his gangy legs flailing all over the place, I actually started crying with laughter, most people around me did as well.

GGTTH07
23-07-2012, 07:08 PM
anyone got highlights of the 7-0 v livi? cant get it on youtube! :confused:

Hibercelona
23-07-2012, 07:16 PM
3-1 v Dundee UTD, 3rd goal :agree:

I have the clip

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwGZEHvmK4

I remember that game.

I had 3-0 down on my slip and had the 1st goal scorer as well (Riordan I think it was)

But then Goodwillie had to ruin it in the dying seconds of the match! :grr:

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 07:17 PM
anyone got highlights of the 7-0 v livi? cant get it on youtube! :confused:shortly :wink:

GGTTH07
23-07-2012, 07:24 PM
shortly :wink:
brilliant mate :aok:

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 07:34 PM
brilliant mate :aok:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpkEPy9rbco

GGTTH07
23-07-2012, 07:42 PM
where you getting all this old footage? :top marks any cnace you could dig out the 3-3 against rangers.. mccan scored a peach that day :agree:

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 07:46 PM
where you getting all this old footage? :top marks any cnace you could dig out the 3-3 against rangers.. mccan scored a peach that day :agree:from my archives :wink:

GGTTH07
23-07-2012, 07:47 PM
from my archives :wink:
any chance you could get that 3-3 up mate ? :aok:

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 07:50 PM
any chance you could get that 3-3 up mate ? :aok:aye but that'll be the last yin for tonight :wink:

SaulGoodman
23-07-2012, 07:52 PM
aye but that'll be the last yin for tonight :wink:

You should start charging, make a wee business out of this :wink:

Wheat Hound
23-07-2012, 08:15 PM
where you getting all this old footage? :top marks any cnace you could dig out the 3-3 against rangers.. mccan scored a peach that day :agree:
yep. great game. boozy excelled at sweeper then was sent off for legitimately tackling fatty Boyd.

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 08:19 PM
any chance you could get that 3-3 up mate ? :aok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS7aq6cuZ1o

Hiber-nation
23-07-2012, 08:26 PM
aye but that'll be the last yin for tonight :wink:

If only Konte's backheel had gone in.....:greengrin

jabis
23-07-2012, 08:31 PM
we really do need a sarcasm icon on this forum .... anybody??

I want a"mocking irony" one.....anybody??..... :mocking irony:

Hiber-nation
23-07-2012, 08:33 PM

What a game, what a goal by Kevin McCann....and the usual pitiful refereeing decision. Even Archie couldn't believe Boozy got sent off.

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 08:42 PM
What a game, what a goal by Kevin McCann....and the usual pitiful refereeing decision. Even Archie couldn't believe Boozy got sent off.That's something that's never changed unfortunately.

jabis
23-07-2012, 08:47 PM

thank you for that,and the others :thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
23-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Terrific work, Dan. :agree:

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 08:51 PM
thank you for that,and the others :thumbsup::aok:

Terrific work, Dan. :agree::aok:

Dinkydoo
23-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Cheers DD, you've cheered me up on this wet winter...*cough*.....summer night after reading through tonight's comments on the 'Our Transfer Dealings' thread. :aok:

Hank Schrader
23-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I would absolutely love to see Hibs beating St Johnstone at McDairmid in Sept/Oct 2000. Finished 3-0, Sauzee scored a free kick after Jim Weir was sent off. I think Zitelli scored his first goal for Hibs that day but the third from Latapy was utterly sublime, he skinned Dasovic before curling a low shot into the net with the outside of his left foot.

Any chance you could upload that DD? :greengrin

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 10:31 PM
I would absolutely love to see Hibs beating St Johnstone at McDairmid in Sept/Oct 2000. Finished 3-0, Sauzee scored a free kick after Jim Weir was sent off. I think Zitelli scored his first goal for Hibs that day but the third from Latapy was utterly sublime, he skinned Dasovic before curling a low shot into the net with the outside of his left foot.

Any chance you could upload that DD? :greengrinI'll have a look mate tae see if I have it, no the night though :wink:

edit: I decided tae dae it for you the night, hope you've no gone tae yer kip :greengrin this was back in the day when I still recorded on video tape :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCKsjLVuciA

wazoo1875
23-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the vids DD !! To think how far we have fallen in just a few years :-(

The St J's game was braw and a great support up there that day too.

EdinMike
24-07-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm sitting in a darken room, on my own. Watching these and reminiscing about all these games. I don't know if they are making me feel happy or depressed. One thing that is cheering me up though...

That 3-3 game against Rangers ?! Well that will be a 3-0 Hibs win soon :wink:

JohnStephens91
24-07-2012, 12:44 AM
How far does your collection go back Dan? Might require some footage for something I'm doing :aok:

Hank Schrader
24-07-2012, 05:55 AM
I'll have a look mate tae see if I have it, no the night though :wink:

edit: I decided tae dae it for you the night, hope you've no gone tae yer kip :greengrin this was back in the day when I still recorded on video tape :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCKsjLVuciA

Brilliant, thank you so much!!!

Lucius Apuleius
24-07-2012, 06:07 AM

Some absolutely shocking finishing there. Just as well we were cruising otherwise it could have been another embarrassment. :wink:

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Brilliant, thank you so much!!!:aok:

How far does your collection go back Dan? Might require some footage for something I'm doing :aok:It goes back tae about 85/86 but unfortunately a lot of it is still on video cassettes yet tae be converted as it takes quite a lot of time and I've nae idea what the quality of some of the older videos is like by now.

Steve-O
24-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Good stuff getting that Rangers 3-3 game up...I've always banged on about that game but don't think I have EVER seen the highlights until now! Cracking atmosphere that day and some classic banter involving Charlie Adam's dentistry and chanting "SEBO, SEBO" at Kris Boyd who missed chances all day long :faf:

Andy McNeill though - dear oh dear.

EdinMike
24-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Good stuff getting that Rangers 3-3 game up...I've always banged on about that game but don't think I have EVER seen the highlights until now! Cracking atmosphere that day and some classic banter involving Charlie Adam's dentistry and chanting "SEBO, SEBO" at Kris Boyd who missed chances all day long :faf:

Andy McNeill though - dear oh dear.

"Oh Dear" were the two words I would have used to describe Andy. Nice enough guy spoke with him a few times but he is the same height as me, short arse... We both belong in the 5 -A-Side keeper division !