PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon

GGTTH07
21-07-2012, 12:28 PM
In his first season with the first team he played more at RB. IMO I feel he performed alot better there than in MID. I'd like to see spoony RB McPake CB Clancy CB Hanlon LB

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 12:31 PM
He played just behind the front man on wednesday, and did ok. He certainly looked fitter, and even a little quicker.

Vault Boy
21-07-2012, 12:33 PM
In his first season with the first team he played more at RB. IMO I feel he performed alot better there than in MID. I'd like to see spoony RB McPake CB Clancy CB Hanlon LB

Hmm, not for me. It's not that I think Wotherspoon would do a poor job there, it's just that I feel that Hanlon is better at CB and Clancy seems to be the most competent RB we've had in a while. I do think however that 'Spoony has something to give in an advance midfield role this season.

Twiglet
21-07-2012, 12:43 PM
He played just behind the front man on wednesday, and did ok. He certainly looked fitter, and even a little quicker.

Agree. He played there last Saturday against East Fife and thought he played well then too.
His first season in the team when he was at rb he showed he's not afraid to get forward and take on defenders, hopefully he'll do the same this season in a more advanced position.

Hibstrooper
21-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I think the chopping and changing of where we are playing him has really hindered his progress. His preferred position is as an attacking midfielder, lets play him there and give him time to grow into the role. He's said it himself in the press this week he doesn't want to be seen as a utility player anymore.

PISTOL1875
21-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the chopping and changing of where we are playing him has really hindered his progress. His preferred position is as an attacking midfielder, lets play him there and give him time to grow into the role. He's said it himself in the press this week he doesn't want to be seen as a utility player anymore.

We can all blame John HUghes for that one.. The blame falls at his door...

Franck Stanton
21-07-2012, 12:51 PM

Agree completly, the boy certainly has skill so lets get him in a position he likes playing, get him settled and then we will see the best of him - can only benifit the player and the team. Atting central midfield sounds good to me. Think he will surprise a few folk this season. Onwards and upwards.

SMAXXA
21-07-2012, 12:55 PM

He will need to improve drastically if he wants to be seen as anything more than a bit part player. I think this season is pivotal in his career with hibs, if he doesn't step up to the plate he should be moved on, livi for example would possibly be a good stage for him.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 01:08 PM
We can all blame John HUghes for that one.. The blame falls at his door...

:faf::faf:

Steven_Hibs
21-07-2012, 03:13 PM
it's just that I feel that Hanlon is better at CB.

:duck::rolleyes: :greengrin

JohnStephens91
21-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Does he not get played in a more advanced role for the Scotland u-21s?

Barney McGrew
21-07-2012, 03:27 PM

:agree:

Where coincidentally he seems to get very good reviews.

J-C
21-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Let's hope all players are played in their proper positions this year and used sparingly as cover when needed elsewhere.

Hibercelona
21-07-2012, 03:50 PM
We must start playing players in their natural positions.

Thats something i've never understood about us in recent times. We play players out of position all of the time, other clubs in the league don't do this, so I don't understand why we do it.

If its because we don't have enough coverage in a certain position, then signing players who can fill these roles as their natural position should be the clubs top priority.

Lets have 11 players on the pitch this season who are playing in their own positions.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Let's hope all players are played in their proper positions this year and used sparingly as cover when needed elsewhere.

Well that should mean a few of that lot are on the bench, thats the only place in this squad they deserve.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
21-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Yes, usually just behind Jordan Rhodes. Spoony is very effective there indeed.

Macaroon
21-07-2012, 06:04 PM

He looked slow, out of place and awkward at RB. He plays CF for Scotland, just behind the Strikers. That's where he plays best.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 06:14 PM
He looked slow, out of place and awkward at RB. He plays CF for Scotland, just behind the Strikers. That's where he plays best.

He's had many better games at right back than any other position he's played. In FACT he was part of a back 4 that was up there as the best record in Britain at one stage?

I suppose that was John Hughes fault too?

J-C
21-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Well that should mean a few of that lot are on the bench, thats the only place in this squad they deserve.

:greengrin