PDA

View Full Version : Could this idea work in the future?

R'Albin
20-07-2012, 10:58 AM
From Jeff Stelling's book(worth a read by the way) a scheme that Hartlepool did to get more ST holders.

" For a while we were the worst supported team in the division until Ken and our chief executive Russ Green came up with a scheme to flog season tickets for a cut price. There was a clause to the arrangement, however: Basically 4000 season tickets needed to be bought by 1 July if the tickets were to be sold at a price of £100 (The figure would've risen to £150 per ticket had 4000 been sold by 15 July; £180 had it taken until 1 Aigust to sell them). The local press then ran a campaign, and everyone who bought a season ticket then encouraged their mates to buy tickets because they wanted to make sure the price stayed at £100. It was a great plan that seemed to work overnight. Suddenly the attendance figures rocketed from 2,000 to 6,800, and Victoria Park was (nearly) busy for every fixture."

Could this work for Hibs? Obviously this season it wouldn't have worked because of the uncertainty of the Huns situation, but now it could possibly work?

If we were to have it at say: £300, and it would remain at that if 7.5/8k people were to buy a season ticket before a set date t would remain at that.

Obviously this would have the potential to go horribly wrong if we were to sell less than the target number... but would it maybe be worthwhile giving this a go?

VickMackie
20-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I think livi or Falkirk did this this season. It was based on the number sold though.

Speedway
20-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Ultimately I think that, if we can sell the level of season tickets that the Chairman has indicated he wants to sell, we'll be within spitting distance of reaching reached the target set by the Chairman regarding season tickets sold.

R'Albin
20-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I think livi or Falkirk did this this season. It was based on the number sold though.

Any idea if it worked for them?

Ultimately I think that, if we can sell the level of season tickets that the Chairman has indicated he wants to sell, we'll be within spitting distance of reaching reached the target set by the Chairman regarding season tickets sold.

:agree:

HH81
20-07-2012, 11:24 AM
From Jeff Stelling's book(worth a read by the way) a scheme that Hartlepool did to get more ST holders.

" For a while we were the worst supported team in the division until Ken and our chief executive Russ Green came up with a scheme to flog season tickets for a cut price. There was a clause to the arrangement, however: Basically 4000 season tickets needed to be bought by 1 July if the tickets were to be sold at a price of £100 (The figure would've risen to £150 per ticket had 4000 been sold by 15 July; £180 had it taken until 1 Aigust to sell them). The local press then ran a campaign, and everyone who bought a season ticket then encouraged their mates to buy tickets because they wanted to make sure the price stayed at £100. It was a great plan that seemed to work overnight. Suddenly the attendance figures rocketed from 2,000 to 6,800, and Victoria Park was (nearly) busy for every fixture."

Could this work for Hibs? Obviously this season it wouldn't have worked because of the uncertainty of the Huns situation, but now it could possibly work?

If we were to have it at say: £300, and it would remain at that if 7.5/8k people were to buy a season ticket before a set date t would remain at that.

Obviously this would have the potential to go horribly wrong if we were to sell less than the target number... but would it maybe be worthwhile giving this a go?

I posted this few years ago. Didn't get many responses at the time.

R'Albin
20-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I posted this few years ago. Didn't get many responses at the time.

Well I better keep bumping this thread until someone responds :wink:

VickMackie
20-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Any idea if it worked for them?

No, I meant to ask the same but couldn't be bothered editing my post!

VickMackie
20-07-2012, 11:34 AM
I just had a look at their site and it seems they're all paying 250.

I think the lowest it could have went was 125 which was the deposit.

I can't find the grid they had though but I think they're all still paying the top amount, or near top amount. If that's the case it may not have been that successful.

R'Albin
20-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I just had a look at their site and it seems they're all paying 250.

I think the lowest it could have went was 125 which was the deposit.

I can't find the grid they had though but I think they're all still paying the top amount, or near top amount. If that's the case it may not have been that successful.

:aok:

Obviously it's a really risky one, it seems it can either go really successfully or terribly.

yeezus.
20-07-2012, 11:19 PM

My mate is a Rochdale fan, he says that as a result of this scheme, away fans pay nearly £30...

leggeto
20-07-2012, 11:46 PM

good idea but not fair on the fans who have allready paid up:flag::flag:

sahib
21-07-2012, 09:26 AM
good idea but not fair on the fans who have allready paid up:flag::flag:

You would need this scheme in place from the off, before a single ticket was sold. What I would suggest is Rod lets his hair grow gets some designer stubble and some smelly denims. He then appears on Hibs tv in front of a poster bearing the legend: "Bland Aid - give us yer ****in money".