PDA

View Full Version : SPL television contract

TamHibs
20-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Do we not usually have the first batch of live games announced by now? Just thinking with just over 2 weeks until the new season starts it's strange nothing has been said yet.

DC_Hibs
20-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Do we not usually have the first batch of live games announced by now? Just thinking with just over 2 weeks until the new season starts it's strange nothing has been said yet.

SPL replied to my (scathing) email yday and said "very soon".

jodjam
20-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Hopefully the derby stays on the Saturday as I canny make the sunday

Piqué
20-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes would be handy to have this very soon. Needing to book boat, travel etc for the hearts game ASAP and I would rather not leave it til the last minute.

DAVE1875
20-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Anyone heard anything about the fixtures possibly being altered since a few of Dundee & Dundee United's fixtures have both of them playing at home?

Gee7062
20-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Sky Sports live football page says there will be an SPL match on Saturday August 11 at 12.30 so would imagine thde Derby will be on the Saturday with an early kick off.

LancsHibs
20-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Sky Sports live football page says there will be an SPL match on Saturday August 11 at 12.30 so would imagine thde Derby will be on the Saturday with an early kick off.

Boo means getting up early!!

BoltonHibee
20-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Boo means getting up early!!

Means missing it :(

Taz_hibee
20-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Notice that the SPL web site still shows club 12 on the fixture list, bunch of amateurs

TheEastTerrace
20-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Hang on, I thought we weren't getting a TV schedule now the mighty Newco have been bombed into Div 3? :cb

bod
20-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Hopefully the derby stays on the Saturday as I canny make the sunday

i hope its changed to the sunday as i cant make it if it stays the saturday

ancient hibee
20-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Presumably contract negotiations with SKY are taking place.

Macaroon
20-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Need the derby to be the Sunday. For years my team's games have been on sundays so only missed the odd game. Now they are 2 o'clock on a Saturday so Celtic/Yams matches seems to be the only ones I will be able to make this season :boo hoo:

Still bought ma season ticket though :cb

Greendub
20-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Advert in the sun, saying you can watch spl games on sky this season.

ano hibby
23-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry if elsewhere but when will it be confirmed the timing of the derby..?

Part/Time Supporter
23-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Presumably contract negotiations with SKY are taking place.

Doncaster and Celtic CEO Lawwell were on the same flight to London this morning.

Saorsa
23-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Doncaster and Celtic CEO Lawwell were on the same flight to London this morning.hopefully his was a ****in' one way ticket

Taz_hibee
24-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Doncaster and Celtic CEO Lawwell were on the same flight to London this morning.

According to papers they are both doing the negotiating with Sky for new deal

CallumLaidlaw
24-07-2012, 08:10 AM

What a joke that is.
Crazy that we still don't know if there will be a change in fixtures for 2.5 weeks time

Jim44
24-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Is there a legitimate reason why these two characters are jetting back and forward to London discussing deals with Sky?

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Negotiating a new contract??? how can they be doing that wasnt Doncaster one of the er5es who was belittling Scottish Fitba and telling all and sundry Scottish fitba is worth jack now that the buns are gone???
Another thing is now that the buns are gone HOW WILL REVENUE BE SPLIT AMONGST THE REST OF THE SPL CLUBS.Who has decided on who gets what?

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 08:20 AM

If thats true, why is Lawwell in the negotiations? :confused:

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:25 AM
If thats true, why is Lawwell in the negotiations? :confused:He'll be negotiating smeltics extra share :rolleyes: Why is doncaster mair tae the point efter the way he ran down Scottish fitba? he should be out the door by now anyway, ****in' prick.

When will the rest of the SPL be standing up tae the smellies and removing the ridiculous voting system that exists.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Is there a legitimate reason why these two characters are jetting back and forward to London discussing deals with Sky?

Thats what i thought, any tv deal is for us all. Surely the SPL are employed by the clubs to negotiate on everyones behalf? :confused: Seems to me its all out in the open, the other bigot is not even trying to hide it now, its clear the tail is wagging the dog here. :rolleyes:

lucky
24-07-2012, 08:29 AM
@agentscotland claiming on twitter that Sky money remains the same for this year and they will look again at the end of the season depending on league reconstruction

Steve-O
24-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I thought this Lawwell carry on was just Hun paranoia - is this actually true then??

Aldo
24-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Can i ask a question....
Does the derby in a few weeks KO at 1500 or is it or has it been changed.

I thought unread somewhere that it was a 1230 KO??

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:33 AM
@agentscotland claiming on twitter that Sky money remains the same for this year and they will look again at the end of the season depending on league reconstructionAs far as I'm concerned when/if this happens any reconstruction must be based on how and where teams finish up this season. Any attempt tae try tae put that team in above their natural position at the expense of another and I'll be back tae where I was before they were put in the 3rd division this season.

Sprouleflyer
24-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Thats what i thought, any tv deal is for us all. Surely the SPL are employed by the clubs to negotiate on everyones behalf? :confused: Seems to me its all out in the open, the other bigot is not even trying to hide it now, its clear the tail is wagging the dog here. :rolleyes:

Maybe just maybe Doncaster is doing what he should have done from the start by trying to sell the SPL to Sky as something different / fresh / more competitive (in terms of a 2nd place finish) now one of the OF are no more. Lawwell maybe along for some leverage?

Or the 2 of them will look after themselves and ensure that to broker a deal they will find a way of having Sevco back in the SPL in as short a time as possible?

Jim44
24-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I think Lawwell's involvement is an error of judgement. Secondly should it not be Sky jetting to Glasgow to seek a deal with the SPL?

Andy74
24-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Presumably now though the SPL clubs can take any sort of vote it wants to ensure all money whether that be gates or TV money can be split any way us diddy clubs want it?

And perhaps Lawell is just helping to represent the SPL on its behalf? Sending 12 or 13 down might have been overkill.

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Presumably now though the SPL clubs can take any sort of vote it wants to ensure all money whether that be gates or TV money can be split any way us diddy clubs want it?

And perhaps Lawell is just helping to represent the SPL on its behalf? Sending 12 or 13 down might have been overkill.Why him and no somebody else? That club have never represented anything or anybody but themselves.

Brooster
24-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Lawwell is there to ensure that all Celtic home games are on a Saturday at 3pm no doubt. Some things never change.

Ozyhibby
24-07-2012, 08:56 AM

And perhaps Lawell is just helping to represent the SPL on its behalf? Sending 12 or 13 down might have been overkill.

Exactly. Lighten up everyone.

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Lawwell is there to ensure that all Celtic home games are on a Saturday at 3pm no doubt. Some things never change.Well it's time the rest got involved and done something about it instead of letting things continue as is.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Why him and no somebody else? That club have never represented anything or anybody but themselves.

Aye, in the real world they are a member of the SPL same as the others and he is just as qualified to represent the SPL as anyone. If that's what he has been delegated to do.

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Aye, in the real world they are a member of the SPL same as the others and he is just as qualified to represent the SPL as anyone. If that's what he has been delegated to do.And you believe that in spite all the underhand dealings recently tae try protect the OF. Just a coincidence was it, that out of the 12 clubs it is him that is going tae negotiate on something that has always favoured them? :rolleyes:

ballengeich
24-07-2012, 09:04 AM
As I wouldn't send Doncaster out on his own to buy a pint of milk I'm relieved that there's someone accompanying him. Whether Lawwell is the correct individual is a separate matter, but I would assume that the SPL collectively has agreed to it.

It might have been sensible to include an SFL rep as well to try to present a combined front for Scottish football, but I suspect that the SPL's past actions have annoyed the SFL so much that it'll take a long time to mend the relationship.

Hibernian Verse
24-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Lawwell has done very well with his business model at Celtic, so maybe it's not such a bad thing that he's going down with the SPL.

Beefster
24-07-2012, 09:35 AM
There are some right paranoid folk on here sometimes.

Part/Time Supporter
24-07-2012, 09:47 AM
It makes perfect sense for Lawwell to be there. From the perspective of the TV companies, they have lost 1 of their 2 main sources of interest. They will want reassurance from Celtic that a) they won't bugger off to another league and b) they won't go tits up like the other lot.

Saorsa
24-07-2012, 09:56 AM
There are some right paranoid folk on here sometimes.And you trust these people, particularly dungcaster after the scheming and lies of the newco fiasco? I wouldnae believe/trust any of these ***** if they telt me it was Tuesday today.

hibs0666
24-07-2012, 10:06 AM
And you trust these people, particularly dungcaster after the scheming and lies of the newco fiasco? I wouldnae believe/trust any of these ***** if they telt me it was Tuesday today.

What are you not trusting him to do?

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 10:21 AM
What are you not trusting him to do?

You have been paying attention to the sevco fiasco this summer? Everything those two bigoted clubs do, is for their own gain, the rest come a very long way back 2nd.

I dont trust them either, although saying that, Lawwell just might have changed, and is really only there as the SPL clubs representative, and looking after the diddy teams first?

Andy74
24-07-2012, 10:24 AM
You have been paying attention to the sevco fiasco this summer? Everything those two bigoted clubs do, is for their own gain, the rest come a very long way back 2nd.

I dont trust them either, although saying that, Lawwell just might have changed, and is really only there as the SPL clubs representative, and looking after the diddy teams first?

Sky will hardly care about how this is split.

If Celtic as the SPL rep here get a good result then the next stage is how we split it. That's for the SPL clubs to vote on.

Or are you suggesting a Celtic rep is there with an SPL official to discuss a contract for themesleves? Which I don't think is within SPL rules to be allowed.

goosefat
24-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Need the derby to be the Sunday. For years my team's games have been on sundays so only missed the odd game. Now they are 2 o'clock on a Saturday so Celtic/Yams matches seems to be the only ones I will be able to make this season :boo hoo:

Still bought ma season ticket though :cb
A Sunday afternoon is depressing enough without having to watch another derby disappointment. Lets keep it to the Saturday.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Sky will hardly care about how this is split.

If Celtic as the SPL rep here get a good result then the next stage is how we split it. That's for the SPL clubs to vote on.

Or are you suggesting a Celtic rep is there with an SPL official to discuss a contract for themesleves? Which I don't think is within SPL rules to be allowed.

And when did that matter? I'd like someone else from another club to have been at this meeting, or at least to have been there as well.

I have no idea just what will be going on at this meeting, but after this summers shennanigans, i do not trust anyone at the helm of our game.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 10:32 AM
And when did that matter? I'd like someone else from another club to have been at this meeting, or at least to have been there as well.

I have no idea just what will be going on at this meeting, but after this summers shennanigans, i do not trust anyone at the helm of our game.

Those rules wouldn't be circumvented at this meeting though so don't see the problem with the SPL trying to get the best deal they can from Sky under the present cirumstances.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Those rules wouldn't be circumvented at this meeting though so don't see the problem with the SPL trying to get the best deal they can from Sky under the present cirumstances.

I see no problem either, i dont trust these two to do it though.

Jim44
24-07-2012, 11:07 AM
There are some right paranoid folk on here sometimes.

For paranoia, read healthy suspicion.

hibs0666
24-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Paying attention? I'm a stick-on to get a ****in A at exam time. :wink:

Two SPL representatives are going to discuss a TV deal as representatives of SPL member clubs - big wows. What do you think these guys will do at the meeting - negotiate a deliberately low price? take a bung?

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Paying attention? I'm a stick-on to get a ****in A at exam time. :wink:

Two SPL representatives are going to discuss a TV deal as representatives of SPL member clubs - big wows. What do you think these guys will do at the meeting - negotiate a deliberately low price? take a bung?

I'd put nothing past them, this club and that man Doncaster have between them and sevco, done everything in their power to sheite on every non old firm club for years. I wouldnt put anything past these two, even taking a bung. I'm surprised Charles Green is not in there too.

lapsedhibee
24-07-2012, 11:40 AM

I'd say at the very least there's an apparent conflict of interest for The Donkey. For what seems like forever he's been loudly, publicly preaching that the Sky will fall in if the Huns are out of the top tier of Scotch fitba. These views will be vindicated, and so his public reputation enhanced, if he comes away with an extremely pishy deal for the new Hunless SPL. On the other hand he will probably get commission on whatever deal results. Negotiators shouldn't be conflicted in this way.

hibs0666
24-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I'd say at the very least there's an apparent conflict of interest for The Donkey. For what seems like forever he's been loudly, publicly preaching that the Sky will fall in if the Huns are out of the top tier of Scotch fitba. These views will be vindicated, and so his public reputation enhanced, if he comes away with an extremely pishy deal for the new Hunless SPL. On the other hand he will probably get commission on whatever deal results. Negotiators shouldn't be conflicted in this way.

Except Celtic are at the table too. I can't see Celtic colluding with Doncaster to accept a pishy deal can you?

hibs0666
24-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd put nothing past them, this club and that man Doncaster have between them and sevco, done everything in their power to sheite on every non old firm club for years. I wouldnt put anything past these two, even taking a bung. I'm surprised Charles Green is not in there too.

This now has got nothing to do with Rangers and I don't see any need to keep going on about them, and the old firm stranglehold on the decision-making process is history. It's time to move on.

lapsedhibee
24-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Except Celtic are at the table too. I can't see Celtic colluding with Doncaster to accept a pishy deal can you?

Who knows how Celtc's medium/long term ambitions are best served. The Donkey shouldn't be in that position after all that's been.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 11:50 AM
This now has got nothing to do with Rangers and I don't see any need to keep going on about them, and the old firm stranglehold on the decision-making process is history. It's time to move on.

Both clubs have connived to put us diddy club in our place, ones gone for the moment, the other will still be wanting to screw us. Its time to keep our eye on EVERYTHING thats going on, today is no different.

Mikey
24-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I could probably get more out of Sky than Doncaster will. A few sentences should do the trick......

"Scottish football is poor because YOU hardly give us any money compared to the English leagues. Give us more loot and there will be a product that people will watch. YOU artificially inflate English football, do it with Scotland too"

Job done :greengrin

offshorehibby
24-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Doncaster i don't trust as far as i could throw him and said last week in a thread i would have liked somebody down there with. I don't know if i'm comfortable with Lawwell being that man.
You've got to think he'll be trying to secure the bet deal possible for the SPL and worry about how it's diveyed up later.

I would feel a lot better if there was a third party from the SPL. Petrie would have been ideal.

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2012, 12:48 PM

Agree 100 ****in %

Part/Time Supporter
24-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Doncaster i don't trust as far as i could throw him and said last week in a thread i would have liked somebody down there with. I don't know if i'm comfortable with Lawwell being that man.
You've got to think he'll be trying to secure the bet deal possible for the SPL and worry about how it's diveyed up later.

I would feel a lot better if there was a third party from the SPL. Petrie would have been ideal.

Crikey, that would have got the conspiracy theorists really excited.

:greengrin

hibs0666
24-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I could probably get more out of Sky than Doncaster will. A few sentences should do the trick......

"Scottish football is poor because YOU hardly give us any money compared to the English leagues. Give us more loot and there will be a product that people will watch. YOU artificially inflate English football, do it with Scotland too"

Job done :greengrin

It might be more effective if you were to show Sky a strong return on their investment rather than being a big bully. :wink:

offshorehibby
24-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Crikey, that would have got the conspiracy theorists really excited.

:greengrin

Would still trust RP to get the best deal for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Would still trust RP to get the best deal for Hibs.

To be fair, thats not what we should be wanting. We should be getting the best deal for everyone in the SPL.

Beefster
24-07-2012, 01:43 PM
And you trust these people, particularly dungcaster after the scheming and lies of the newco fiasco? I wouldnae believe/trust any of these ***** if they telt me it was Tuesday today.

I don't trust any of the SPL execs or chairmen. It makes no difference whether it was Lawwell, Petrie or the ICT chairman going down to negotiate with Sky.

Golden Bear
24-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Nothing confirmed on the ESPN site as yet.

Like it or not, the extent of the TV income will have a major influence on the Budgets that are made available for the signing of new Players.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't trust any of the SPL execs or chairmen. It makes no difference whether it was Lawwell, Petrie or the ICT chairman going down to negotiate with Sky.

So we should just walk away and not try and negotiate with Sky? Just let the deal run out from next year?

Beefster
24-07-2012, 01:56 PM
So we should just walk away and not try and negotiate with Sky? Just let the deal run out from next year?

That's not even close to what I said. It doesn't even bear any relation to the point I was making.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 02:01 PM
That's not even close to what I said. It doesn't even bear any relation to the point I was making.

You said you don't trust any of the current SPL to negotiate with Sky. The extension of that is that if no-one can be trusted with it then you can't do it.

Or were you suggesting that they are all to be trusted equally and therefore you aren't fussed who does it?

Beefster
24-07-2012, 02:05 PM
You said you don't trust any of the current SPL to negotiate with Sky. The extension of that is that if no-one can be trusted with it then you can't do it.

Or were you suggesting that they are all to be trusted equally and therefore you aren't fussed who does it?

No, I didn't.

Yup.

Andy74
24-07-2012, 02:07 PM
No, I didn't.

Yup.

Well, you said you don't trust any of the SPL execs or Chairmen.

offshorehibby
24-07-2012, 02:16 PM
To be fair, thats not what we should be wanting. We should be getting the best deal for everyone in the SPL.

Best deal for Hibs = Best deal for SPL once we've battered celtic into a corner.

Lucius Apuleius
24-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Best deal for Hibs = Best deal for SPL once we've battered celtic into a corner.

Surely the best deal for Hibs, if we believe what we are told on here, is the parachute payment for the relegated team. :cb

Beefster
24-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, you said you don't trust any of the SPL execs or Chairmen.

Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten.

gbur123ukgb
25-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi guys
just spoke on the phone to sky re the situation with the tv deal.
Adviser told me they have been advised from top bosses offical line is sky will continue to support the spl no mention if deal is same or reduced however.
The guy said to me sky have been seeking views of all fans and realise if they pull out of spl they would loose millions in payements from non sevco fans who would cancel all sky products if they pulled from spl.

SON OF PADDY
25-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi guys
Adviser told me they have been advised from top bosses offical line is sky will continue to support the spl no mention if deal is same or reduced however.
The guy said to me sky have been seeking views of all fans and realise if they pull out of spl they would loose millions in payements from non sevco fans who would cancel all sky products if they pulled from spl.

To F##king true !
Just waiting to pull the plug if they pish all over us.:(

Jonnyboy
25-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi guys

News to me.

gbur123ukgb
25-07-2012, 09:58 PM
News to me.

Right from horses mouths i was phoning re another problem with sky got told sky have no plans to withdraw at this time further to this will continue to support the spl they said they have been acessing social media outlets and also that of phone calls they have had over last few weeks.
They being sky would be crazy not to do some research on fans views wouldnt they

Jonnyboy
25-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Right from horses mouths i was phoning re another problem with sky got told sky have no plans to withdraw at this time further to this will continue to support the spl they said they have been acessing social media outlets and also that of phone calls they have had over last few weeks.
They being sky would be crazy not to do some research on fans views wouldnt they

Sorry, I wasn't doubting your word. Was really trying to say I've not heard of any meaningful effort by Sky to interact with its SPL interested customers. It cannae be that hard for them to use their records to establish the identity of such users and ask them all directly for their views.

As an aside, IF Sky do indeed leave the contract as is for this season, does that mean the dire financial straights are not really dire until next season at worst? Anyone? :greengrin

MrSmith
25-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry, I wasn't doubting your word. Was really trying to say I've not heard of any meaningful effort by Sky to interact with its SPL interested customers. It cannae be that hard for them to use their records to establish the identity of such users and ask them all directly for their views.

As an aside, IF Sky do indeed leave the contract as is for this season, does that mean the dire financial straights are not really dire until next season at worst? Anyone? :greengrin

That is exactly how I would view it!

gbur123ukgb
25-07-2012, 10:08 PM

We will have to wait and see mate as they may well be spinning a yarn

007 Mickey Weir
25-07-2012, 10:11 PM

Surely we Would have more money available than last with no Rangers. Also with the 10000season tickets we would have a much better budget. So why are we not investing???

Jonnyboy
25-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Surely we Would have more money available than last with no Rangers. Also with the 10000season tickets we would have a much better budget. So why are we not investing???

I'm assuming the lack of any concrete info on the TV deal is making clubs hold back. Just why the SPL is not hounding Sky for a definitive answer is beyond me

gbur123ukgb
25-07-2012, 10:18 PM
thought we had only sold 7k season tickets but yes we were worst we have been in the last 20 years last season and we have signed 4 players i turely think if we dont get it right this time then petrie and board have to go
Mcpake yes id sign him
cairney will do well i think
clancy decent enough player
leigh not got 20 goals in him

we need 4/5 top spl players must admit a bit embarrasiing newco signing players we could do with and we prob couldnt afford.

jacomo
26-07-2012, 08:33 AM
hopefully his was a ****in' one way ticket

Can't believe Doncaster is still in a job. I'd have no confidence in him negotiating a busy street, let alone the SPL tv contract.

jacomo
26-07-2012, 08:42 AM

There is still a month to go in the transfer window. Not ideal, but Hibs might be holding out for players who are evaluating their options before they commit.

At least good progress was made with reducing the size of the squad, which gives me hope that PF has room to manoeuvre. He may also want to assess the young players fully before making any decisions.

lord bunberry
26-07-2012, 08:50 AM
There is still a month to go in the transfer window. Not ideal, but Hibs might be holding out for players who are evaluating their options before they commit.

At least good progress was made with reducing the size of the squad, which gives me hope that PF has room to manoeuvre. He may also want to assess the young players fully before making any decisions.

It could also be that we are only offering one year contracts until we know what sky are doing for the season after next which wouldn't suit some players

scoopyboy
28-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Been away on hols and just back so well out of touch.

Has Sky / ESPN picked their games to be televised yet?

If so are any of our first two fixtures included?

Buses to confirm etc.

Wee Scottie Dug
28-07-2012, 09:32 PM

Buses to confirm etc.

Nothing official yet ...... Looking at sky listings there is an entry for an SPL game next Saturday at 12 noon ...... Rumour is the derby will be 12.30 ko the following Saturday :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Buses to confirm etc.

Jock, sure I read opening game was on ESPN, but I know it was Sunday anyway as Utd playing on Thursday.

Tickets being sold for Derby with 3pm kick off on the Saturday, but it may well change at the last minute....Hope not....When was our last Saturday 3pm derby?

Jonnyboy
28-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Jock, sure I read opening game was on ESPN, but I know it was Sunday anyway as Utd playing on Thursday.

Tickets being sold for Derby with 3pm kick off on the Saturday, but it may well change at the last minute....Hope not....When was our last Saturday 3pm derby?

Sorry to veer off topic but I thought this wee story was worth sharing. As I approached the ticket office today to purchase a ticket for my nephew for the Hearts game, I was stopped by a steward who asked me if I was looking to but a ticket for the Huddersfield match. I said no, for the Derby and she said "oh they're only selling tickets for the Australia and Hearts games" to which I replied "aye Hearts, the Derby." Her response "oh I thought you meant Hibs were playing Derby" :greengrin

Wee training need there I reckon :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Was it this one?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4381670.stm

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry to veer off topic but I thought this wee story was worth sharing. As I approached the ticket office today to purchase a ticket for my nephew for the Hearts game, I was stopped by a steward who asked me if I was looking to but a ticket for the Huddersfield match. I said no, for the Derby and she said "oh they're only selling tickets for the Australia and Hearts games" to which I replied "aye Hearts, the Derby." Her response "oh I thought you meant Hibs were playing Derby" :greengrin

Wee training need there I reckon :wink:

Haha magic, love when people have not got a scooby:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Was it this one?

Jeez, 2005:rolleyes:..... Cheers Callum

Mikey
28-07-2012, 09:54 PM
There was an article in the Herald the other day which suggested that the TV game on the 11th would be Peterhead v Sevco, assuming they get their license.

Not confirmed yet.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2012, 09:55 PM
There was an article in the Herald the other day which suggested that the TV game on the 11th would be Peterhead v Sevco, assuming they get their license.

Not confirmed yet.

Sky are wanting to show all Derhun's away fixtures:rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
28-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Wish they'd get something sorted sooner or later. Want to get my train tickets booked for the St Mirren game (can't make the derby because of work) but don't want to run the risk of it being shifted for TV.

Steve-O
28-07-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm afraid to say it was as recently as May this year...:greengrin

TamHibs
29-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Was it this one?

What a day that was! Had my 18th in the function room in the FF aswel that night!

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2012, 08:31 AM
What a day that was! Had my 18th in the function room in the FF aswel that night!

I left the match and went through to Glasgow to a kaiser chiefs concert. Great day

Steve-O
29-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I left the match and went through to Glasgow to a kaiser chiefs concert. Great day

Snap :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm afraid to say it was as recently as May this year...:greengrin

I have no recollection of that game.......:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Looks like our game next week will be on ESPN, and the derby will stay at 3pm on the Saturday -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a395777/sky-espn-expected-to-agree-revamped-spl-deals.html

lord bunberry
29-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Looks like our game next week will be on ESPN, and the derby will stay at 3pm on the Saturday -

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a395777/sky-espn-expected-to-agree-revamped-spl-deals.html

So is that going to mean a change in kick off time then for next week

DC_Hibs
29-07-2012, 07:40 PM

The link you give mentions the Herald article as being the source of their information but then fails to mention that the Herald article said the derby was also likely to be broadcast live.

With the Peterhead/Newco game planned for the Saturday, its likely the derby would be on the Sunday.

SetonClapper
30-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Has anything been published yet regarding the live fixtures?

greenginger
31-07-2012, 07:41 AM
The SPL in melt down alright without the Huns. Clubs will be going into administration all over the place because the Gers were excluded.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4463718/Our-TV-deals-in-the-bag.html

Now all that needs doing is a fairer split of the " pot " and the majority of clubs should be better off.

I wonder if any of the media lamb munching a*rs-lickers will even mention their previous dire predictions ?

KeithTheHibby
31-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I know this has probably been covered but deserves a thread of it's own.

Here we are with 5 days till the big kick off yet are none the wiser about games being changed for tv.

If the link in the Sun is to be believed then it shall be Friday before any deal on the table is rubber stamped.

2 games this weekend have been changed, Celtic V Aberdeen to 1245pm and Dundee United V Hibs to 1pm the following day.
The silence is deafening as to why this is the case but I am willing to stick my mortgage on it being for tv.

The inconvenience this must be causing fans is outrageous. How many fans shall not attend this weekend due to the late change?!

As for games going forward the following weekend is the Edinburgh derby. Speculation as to whether it's a Saturday 3pm, Saturday 1230pm, Sunday 1pm etc. I know the official site lists it as 3pm Saturday but we all know this could change any time.

How the **** are fans meant to be encouraged to attend if they don't know when the game is going to be played?
Personally I can attend if the game is a Saturday but not if it's a Sunday. There must be a good few in the same boat.

In times when clubs and the game itself needs fans attending more than ever this situation is hardly encouraging people to part with hard earned cash.
so who do we blame? Difficult one. The tv companies have said pretty much nothing since Rangers went bust. It is hard to blame the clubs in this as they have been dictated by what has progressed with Rangers demise.
Perhaps it is the fault of the SPL and SFA for not getting their ***** in gear quicker when deciding to have meetings etc?

Either way it is really farcical and another embarrassment for the scottish game to deal with.

jacomo
31-07-2012, 12:15 PM
This disruption now has a price, apparently:

• SPL chiefs are on the brink of agreeing a £60 million deal with Sky and ESPN to continue to screen top-flight Scottish footbal. Neil Doncaster and Peter Lawwell attended talks in London yesterday to agree a five-year deal with a three-year option.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/the-rumour-mill-tuesday-s-football-transfer-news-and-gossip-1-2441859

If this includes the £2m "solidarity" payment to the SFL (which is what the SPL implied by threatening withdrawal of this payment unless they could get a new TV deal), that's £10m a season. Between 13 clubs (SPL + Rangers).

Is it really worth it?

RoscoHibby
31-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Always take any red-top with a pinch of salt, but this is pretty interesting;

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4463718/Our-TV-deals-in-the-bag.html

Essentially we'll be the same financially as we were when we had the misfortune of Sevco's company....

Spike Mandela
31-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Always take any red-top with a pinch of salt, but this is pretty interesting;

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4463718/Our-TV-deals-in-the-bag.html

Essentially we'll be the same financially as we were when we had the misfortune of Sevco's company....

Might be better off if we can get SPL voting system changed and financial settlement restructured. Prepare for Mr Lawell doing his best to preserve Celtic's advantaged position through a media campaign. No doubt they will be solely responsible for all the SPL financial riches

CallumLaidlaw
31-07-2012, 03:33 PM
SSN breaking news. Sky will continue to follow Scottish football for at least the next 5 years. Celtic v Aberdeen this week, Peterhead v rangers on 11th

Billy Whizz
31-07-2012, 03:40 PM
SSN breaking news. Sky will continue to follow Scottish football for at least the next 5 years. Celtic v Aberdeen this week, Peterhead v rangers on 11th

What time is the Peterhead game on the 11th?
Do you think the Derby will now move to the 12th now?

SteveHFC
31-07-2012, 03:42 PM
What time is the Peterhead game on the 11th?
Do you think the Derby will now move to the 12th now?

It ****ing better no be moved :aok:

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 03:43 PM

What, no armageddon?????????????????? No social unrest?????????????? Surely they were not lying to us????????? :confused:

CallumLaidlaw
31-07-2012, 03:44 PM
What, no armageddon?????????????????? No social unrest?????????????? Surely they were not lying to us????????? :confused:

Can't have been lying. They wouldn't do that to us. Must've just made an error of judgement

The Modfather
31-07-2012, 03:59 PM

So does that mean the only real financial implication for this season is one guaranteed home fixture against Rangers? Which will, hopefully, be offset with "club 12 day".

If that is the case, and season ticket sales are around the 7000+ mark, which is higher than the majority of the SPL, Petrie et all have no where to hide if we are not competing for a top 6 place, far less another relegation battle.

Building a squad from scratch was apparently the boards master plan under Yogi. So any comparisons with Dundee Utd building over time and supplementing (while I personally agree with this, but we went with a complete squad overhaul) won't wash with me. Time for the board to actualy deliver for once!

Billy Whizz
31-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Peterhead v The Rangers is on Saturday 11th 12.45pm ko. Derby is either 3pm that day or moved to the Sunday!!!!

Ozyhibby
31-07-2012, 04:41 PM
The deal look like a continuation of the existing deal.
Without Rangers taking £2m out the pot and a redistribution of the money meaning all clubs get the same then only Celtic will be worse of.
So much for armeggedon.
With season ticket sales up on last year there is no excuse for the board not to invest in the midfield in time for the start of the season.

gbur123ukgb
31-07-2012, 04:47 PM
The deal look like a continuation of the existing deal.
Without Rangers taking £2m out the pot and a redistribution of the money meaning all clubs get the same then only Celtic will be worse of.
So much for armeggedon.
With season ticket sales up on last year there is no excuse for the board not to invest in the midfield in time for the start of the season.
Petrie will now be ****ing himself as he will realise now there is no aramgeddon like the media had been going on about he will have to spend a few quid now can we see it happening not so sure.
Give pat every penny of st to build a decent squad we have no centre midfield and only leigh as a recognised striker yes young guys but they cant be expected to perform for full season.
COME ON SCROOGE GET CHEQUEBOOK OUT JUST A WEE BIT

GreenCastle
31-07-2012, 04:47 PM
So we are still going to get every Rangers away game on t.v this season :confused:

Would the same have happened if Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen been sent to Div 3 ?

hibs0666
31-07-2012, 04:52 PM
So we are still going to get every Rangers away game on t.v this season :confused:

Why care if they're on the telly or not? :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
31-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Petrie will now be ****ing himself as he will realise now there is no aramgeddon like the media had been going on about he will have to spend a few quid now can we see it happening not so sure.
Give pat every penny of st to build a decent squad we have no centre midfield and only leigh as a recognised striker yes young guys but they cant be expected to perform for full season.

Why no just **** off? You are becoming more repetitive after every post if that is possible.

Pretty Boy
31-07-2012, 05:08 PM

I'm sure far from '****ting himself' Rod will actually be quite pleased at this news as he isn't faced with the prospect of trying to balance a massive loss of income.

Still why let facts get in the way of a good story and all that eh?

zlatan
31-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm sure far from '****ting himself' Rod will actually be quite pleased at this news as he isn't faced with the prospect of trying to balance a massive loss of income.

He has a point regarding signings tbf. We now know that we aren't losing TV money and no sponsors have pulled out, so with the increased season ticket sales we were told was all going towards the budget for Paddy that means we can hopefully push the boat out a bit further than Mark Kerr and Alan Maybury.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Im sure everyone connected with Hibs will be delighted that the TV deal has been re-negotiated. We need that revenue....Surprise surprise though that SKY looking at showing at least 15 of Derhun's away matches.....I hope that the SFL Clubs see more money in their coffers as a result.

Kyle A
31-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Sky and ESPN don't do walking away.

gbur123ukgb
31-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Why no just **** off? You are becoming more repetitive after every post if that is possible.
I may be repetitive however i for one now think we should be looking at better than maybury and kerr tbh but i fear either Mr Petrie or the manager wont look elsewhere now.
Whta is more repetitive is the crap which has been turned out by our club for the past few years continued over period to sign players who have no desire to play for hibs farless be professional i agree with paddy on that one.
I see the need to sign a big strong no nonsense centre midfielder and at least another striker however im being honest i dont think they will be of the correct quality and attitude.
To be a success in premier league you dont need the best ability in the world you need to be strong fast, athletic be able to pass the ball to a teammate and have a desire to improve and above all an attiude of a winner no one is telling me there is any real top players in the spl.
I look at st jonstone how did they manage to get Sandazza or jody Morris to play for them.
However do we need to spend that much i dont think so i watched the new young Falkirk striker last week against boro . movement was great scored three great goals against team better than most of spl.
Also Dundee United have had some great success from lower leagues in terms of players over last few years another avenue we could look at

Maybe it is not petries fault maybe it could be our scouting network which also like good players has been posted missing for last few years.
:pfgwa

:hibees

The_Todd
31-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Pretty Boy
31-07-2012, 06:09 PM
He has a point regarding signings tbf. We now know that we aren't losing TV money and no sponsors have pulled out, so with the increased season ticket sales we were told was all going towards the budget for Paddy that means we can hopefully push the boat out a bit further than Mark Kerr and Alan Maybury.

Indeed.

Now that the uncertainty is cleared up I would expect signings in the week ahead.

Equally I would hope people would be able to realise that much of the delay in getting players signed has been due to said uncertainty.

With the whole sorry episode slowly starting to look like being resolved hopefully It's onward and upwards for Hibs and Scottish fitba in general (except Hearts and the OF).

jane_says
31-07-2012, 06:10 PM

No, because there's no doubting Rangers have a huge following meaning the highest viewers. Makes sense for Sky and if that means we will still get a decent tv deal i'm fine with it.

I'll still watch just as many Rangers games as last season - 0

Finbar
31-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Sky tv is not really the answer to scottish football's problems is it. Sure the money means clubs like Hibs can go and sign one or two more players but it's a sticking plaster.

We've got a league that's too predictable, we're uncompetitive in Europe and we're not producing any decent players. Until these kind of things are sorted out then tv contracts don't matter, it's just a number.

Onion
31-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Can't find the answer anywhere. How much is the new 5 year deal worth to the SPL and how does that compare with the previous £80m five-year deal ?

007 Mickey Weir
31-07-2012, 06:26 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19070877

30 SPl games and 5(!!) Rangers SFL3 games. So is that only 35 games in total.

We might actually get our wish for more Saturday 3pm kick offs. Or is that just the Sky quota with ESPN on top of that?

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Is effing derby game going to move or not?? How the **** are we shift workers meant to organise time off. SFA putting tv and money before the supporters, now there's a shock. Bunch of amateurs.

bingo70
31-07-2012, 06:29 PM
When will we find out for definate if the derby is going to be moved for tele?

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Me and you both asking the same question pal. It's a joke that nobody official from sky or SFA can confirm this. Looking after the supporters interest my erchie.

Part/Time Supporter
31-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Not until they make an agreement with ESPN (if any).

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Me and you both asking the same question pal. It's a joke that nobody official from sky or SFA can confirm this. Looking after the supporters interest my erchie.

Me too, i'm not the only person down here wanting to book train tickets, yet none of us can. The fans are the last people considered here, the very folk who put the majority of the money into the game. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Me too, i'm not the only person down here wanting to book train tickets, yet none of us can. The fans are the last people considered here, the very folk who put the majority of the money into the game. :rolleyes:

Same old SFA even without rangers they are still shafting other clubs.

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Can't find the answer anywhere. How much is the new 5 year deal worth to the SPL and how does that compare with the previous £80m five-year deal ?

Where Regan and Lawell not down South yesterday negotiating new deal, might not have agreed the deal yet

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19070877

30 SPl games and 5(!!) Rangers SFL3 games. So is that only 35 games in total.

We might actually get our wish for more Saturday 3pm kick offs. Or is that just the Sky quota with ESPN on top of that?

I read somewhere at weekend that the number of hun matches to be shown was 15:confused:

TamHibs
31-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I read somewhere at weekend that the number of hun matches to be shown was 15:confused:

You're right, 5 on Sky & 10 on ESPN

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 07:11 PM
You're right, 5 on Sky & 10 on ESPN

At least the Division 3 Clubs, will get a financial windfall then

Part/Time Supporter
31-07-2012, 07:20 PM
At least the Division 3 Clubs, will get a financial windfall then

The SFL dosh will be split fairly evenly between all SFL clubs. SFL1 and SFL2 clubs will get at least as much cash as SFL3, even though they won't be on TV. In fact, SFL1 and SFL2 will get slightly more due to higher position in the league ladder.

Gordon Quinn
31-07-2012, 07:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if ESPN are in the mix when the current seal ends at the end of the season. I think BT outbid them for part of the Premiership package starting summer 2013. Hopefully this makes them keep to pick up some SPL games...

Baldy Foghorn
31-07-2012, 07:43 PM
The SFL dosh will be split fairly evenly between all SFL clubs. SFL1 and SFL2 clubs will get at least as much cash as SFL3, even though they won't be on TV. In fact, SFL1 and SFL2 will get slightly more due to higher position in the league ladder.

Thanks PTS.

The good thing (if no reconstruction occurs), is that if derhun gets promoted through the 3 leagues and TV gives them similar airtime, then all SFL clubs will benefit financially.

Albion Hibs
31-07-2012, 08:03 PM

I know that sky have said they will continue to show games, but have the confirmed the finances behind this? On the bbc website it said no financial details had been published in relation to the up and coming contract valued at 80m.

zlatan
31-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I know that sky have said they will continue to show games, but have the confirmed the finances behind this? On the bbc website it said no financial details had been published in relation to the up and coming contract valued at 80m.

It's reportedly around the same amount as the current deal, possibly more for other clubs once they sort out the voting structure and redistribution of tv money.

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Beat me to it but this is the crux...all we know is there will be a deal...but not whether that has maintained the income we would have previously budgeted for or not...still plenty to come out..

Albion Hibs
31-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Beat me to it but this is the crux...all we know is there will be a deal...but not whether that has maintained the income we would have previously budgeted for or not...still plenty to come out..

As you say that is the important part. I dont think anyone ever doubted there would be a deal, lets be honest if we get any less we will practically be paying them to screen it. As i said on other posts, if they try the reduction in price my subscription will be getting cancelled. They have riped the piss and the life out of this league for long enough, if they only want to show it for rangers and celtic then thats fine, they can do a deal with the two of them in three years time to show OF games, and leave the rest of the league be. I find it hard to believe we could be much worse off as a club without them.

brydekirk
31-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I think Lawwell's involvement is an error of judgement. Secondly should it not be Sky jetting to Glasgow to seek a deal with the SPL?

Correct

Col2
31-07-2012, 08:34 PM
A lot of the media are suggesting it's £65m which is consistent with CURRENT deal but £15m less than the deal Doncaster negotiated but not signed prior to the Newco debacle.

The £15m difference over 5 years equates to about £3m a year, let's say £250k per club on average. You need to add in income to SFL which makes gap a little bigger but then offset the likely fairer distribution model which you assume is on SPL agenda for next meeting.

In summary not likely to be worse off when compared with current deal and say anything up to £300k worse case when compared with unsigned deal.

Not what anyone with half a brain could even come close to calling armageddon!

brydekirk
31-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Rangers are getting 15 games on TV this season,as part of the deal, im not sure its ef all to do with them !!

Beefster
31-07-2012, 08:41 PM

It was always scaremongering pish. Regan, Doncaster and the SPL chairmen took everyone for absolute idiots in trying to pretend that all TV money would disappear.

brydekirk
31-07-2012, 08:42 PM

Easy imo, 1 million to Sfl and £1 m to every club in the Spl.

zlatan
31-07-2012, 10:05 PM
It was always scaremongering pish. Regan, Doncaster and the SPL chairmen took everyone for absolute idiots in trying to pretend that all TV money would disappear.

And that scaremongering cost us any chance of getting extra revenue of sky with the new deal. Position should be even more untenable now.

down-the-slope
31-07-2012, 10:15 PM
And that scaremongering cost us any chance of getting extra revenue of sky with the new deal. Position should be even more untenable now.

:confused: so you think that...We don't have one of your biggest viewer draws anymore....give us more money...was a great sales pitch :rolleyes:

zlatan
31-07-2012, 10:25 PM
:confused: so you think that...We don't have one of your biggest viewer draws anymore....give us more money...was a great sales pitch :rolleyes:

I said any chance. Any hopes of getting even a smidgen extra went with the "we're doomed without Rangers" nonsense we heard for weeks that came to absolutely no fruition whatsoever.

With the right attitude to show Sky there's more to the SPL than Rangers and Celtic, Sky and ESPN may, just may, have offered slightly more seeds in the chicken feed they pay. Completely belittling the product Doncaster is in charge of was absolutely disgraceful.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Lining up for united. Craig Thomson..........................

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Yip they tried their hardest to blackmail everyone with their lies, even tonight in my club i had a sevco fan telling me the game was ****ed, and sky was pulling out completely? He didnt believe me, even when i showed him the evidence on my phone. :faf:

They are the only clowns that believed him and doncaster on the armageddon we were about to suffer. :rolleyes:

soda70
31-07-2012, 10:49 PM
is the game on tv this weekend?

SteveHFC
31-07-2012, 11:07 PM
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz50/frogsplash46/ip48Z.gif

Lucius Apuleius
01-08-2012, 05:05 AM
I may be repetitive however i for one now think we should be looking at better than maybury and kerr tbh but i fear either Mr Petrie or the manager wont look elsewhere now.
Whta is more repetitive is the crap which has been turned out by our club for the past few years continued over period to sign players who have no desire to play for hibs farless be professional i agree with paddy on that one.
I see the need to sign a big strong no nonsense centre midfielder and at least another striker however im being honest i dont think they will be of the correct quality and attitude.
To be a success in premier league you dont need the best ability in the world you need to be strong fast, athletic be able to pass the ball to a teammate and have a desire to improve and above all an attiude of a winner no one is telling me there is any real top players in the spl.
I look at st jonstone how did they manage to get Sandazza or jody Morris to play for them.
However do we need to spend that much i dont think so i watched the new young Falkirk striker last week against boro . movement was great scored three great goals against team better than most of spl.
Also Dundee United have had some great success from lower leagues in terms of players over last few years another avenue we could look at

Maybe it is not petries fault maybe it could be our scouting network which also like good players has been posted missing for last few years.

:hibees

No one is disputing we need more and better players. Your comment however that Petrie would be ******** himself is a pile of crap. He has backed EVERY manager we have had.

Steve20
01-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Doesn't look like it. Can't see it listed anywhere.

NAE NOOKIE
01-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Dont be too hard on the SPL on this one .... SKY could have pulled the plug, the clubs couldnt plan on a presumption that they wouldnt.

Still ... if ( and when ) a fair distribution of the money is worked out we shouldnt be much worse off, even if it is 65 and not 80 million.

It should be interesting to see what league reconstruction ideas the SFL / SPL come up with during the season. If its for next season chances are nothing will come out until the last couple of weeks of this season. If folk know theres no relegation it will affect crowds for the bottom few clubs I suppose.

Biggest losers in this ..... Celtic :greengrin

YehButNoBut
01-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Supposed to be on ESPN but nothing confirmed yet. :confused:

down-the-slope
01-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I said any chance. Any hopes of getting even a smidgen extra went with the "we're doomed without Rangers" nonsense we heard for weeks that came to absolutely no fruition whatsoever.

With the right attitude to show Sky there's more to the SPL than Rangers and Celtic, Sky and ESPN may, just may, have offered slightly more seeds in the chicken feed they pay. Completely belittling the product Doncaster is in charge of was absolutely disgraceful.

Im sorry to burst your bubble - but in pure advertising terms there is not. less viewers = less advertising cash for TV company = less willing to pay for programme (whether that football or any other programming)

None of us like the reality of this - thats why we the supporters are the still by far the main source of income for our club.

The international rights for SPL were binned (£2.7 million pa.) as soon as there was no Rangers in SPL

bingo70
01-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Why is it on the Sunday if its not on the tele?

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Why is it on the Sunday if its not on the tele?

Because utd play in Europe tomorrow night ;)

.Sean.
01-08-2012, 08:12 AM
If it ain't on the TV and they've moved it to a 1PM start for the sake of it, I'll be fuming.

Assume it will be, though.

J-C
01-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Are united not in Europe till next week?

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 08:22 AM

No they play dynamo Moscow tomorrow night at tannadice. 2/8/12

scoopyboy
01-08-2012, 08:23 AM

They are at home to Moscow Dynamo tomorrow night.

Game has to be on ESPN or else no point moving ko time to 1pm.

I'm wondering if ESPN are going to take the derby as well, I'd hate to think they were going to shift it to Sunday at silly o'clock at this stage.

Craig_in_Prague
01-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Glad if it's not on.

Watching Hibs these days is not a very nice experience and with C. Thomson being the Ref, I think it's safer for my health (and my TV), that I didn't see this game.

Might also encourage more fans to attend; however what a farce the whole summer and start of the campaign has been.

Jack
01-08-2012, 08:37 AM
As Chicken-Doncaster was going one day to Hampden, whack! an acorn fell from a tree on to his head.

"Gracious goodness me!" said Chicken-Doncaster, "the Sky must have fallen; I must go and tell the Regan King."

So Chicken-Doncaster turned back, and met Duffy-Duffer. "Well, Duffy-Duffer, where are you going?" said he. "I'm going to Hampden," said he.

"Oh, Duffy-Duffer, don't go!" said he, "for as I was going the Sky fell on to my head, and I'm going to tell the Regan King."

So Duffy-Duffer turned back with Chicken-Doncaster, and met Cocky-Coisty.

"I'm going to Hampden," said he.

Then Duffy-Duffer said: "Oh Cocky-Coisty, don't go, for I was going, and I met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at Hampden, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King."

So Cocky-Coisty turned back, and they met *****ey-Whitey."

Well, *****ey-Whitey, where are you going?"

And *****ey-Whitey said: "I'm going to Hampden."

Then Cocky-Coisty said: "Oh! *****ey-Whitey, don't go, for I was going, and I met Duffy-Duffer, and Duffy-Duffer met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at Hampden, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King." So *****ey-Whitey turned back, and met Witty-Watty.

"Well, Witty-Watty, where are you going?"
And Witty-Watty said: "I'm going to Hampden."

Then *****ey-Whitey said: "Oh! Witty-Watty, don't go, for I was going, and I met Cocky-Coisty, and Cocky-Coisty met Duffy-Duffer, and Duffy-Duffer met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at Hampden, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and, we are going to tell
the Regan King."

So Witty-Watty turned back, and met Goosy-Green. "Well, Goosy-Green, where are you going?" And Goosy-Green said: "I'm going to Hampden."

Then Witty-Watty said: "Oh, Goosy-Green, don't go, for I was going, and I met *****ey-Whitey, and *****ey-Whitey met Cocky-Coisty, and Cocky-Coisty met Duffy-Duffer, and Duffy-Duffer met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at Hampden, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King." So Goosy-Green turned back, and met Stainer-Traynor.

"Well, Stainer-Traynor, where are you going ?"

And Stainer-Traynor said: "I'm going to Hampden."

Then Goosy-Green said: "Oh! Stainer-Traynor, don't go, for I was going, and I met Witty-Watty, and Witty-Watty met *****ey-Whitey, and *****ey-Whitey met Cocky-Coisty, and Cocky-Coisty met Duffy-Duffer, and Duffy-Duffer met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at the
wood, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King."

So Stainer-Traynor turned back, and met Soaker-Sandy.

"Well, Soaker-Sandy, where are you going?"
And Soaker-Sandy said: "I'm going to Hampden."

Then Stainer-Traynor said: "Oh! Soaker-Sandy, don't go, for I was going, and I met Goosy-Green, and Goosy-Green met Witty-Watty, and Witty-Watty met *****ey-Whitey, and *****ey-Whitey met Cocky-Coisty, and Cocky-Coisty met Duffy-Duffer, and Duffy-Duffer met Chicken-Doncaster, and Chicken-Doncaster had been at Hampden, and the Sky had fallen on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King."

So Soaker-Sandy turned back, and walked with Stainer-Traynor, Goosy-Green, Witty-Watty, *****ey-Whitey, Cocky-Coisty, Duffy-Duffer, and Chicken-Doncaster. And as they were going along, they met Foxy-Murdoch . And Foxy-Murdoch said:

"Where are you going?"

And they said: "Chicken-Doncaster went to Hampden, and the Sky fell on to his head, and we are going to tell the Regan King."

And Foxy-Murdoch said: "Come along with me, and I will show you the way." But Foxy-Murdoch took them into the wee foxy studio, and he and his company soon ate up poor Chicken-Doncaster, Duffy-Duffer, Cocky-Coisty, *****ey-Whitey, Witty-Watty, Goosy-Green, Stainer-Traynor, and Soaker-Sandy; and they never saw the Regan King to tell him that the Sky had fallen.

hibs0666
01-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Rangers are getting 15 games on TV this season,as part of the deal, im not sure its ef all to do with them !!

The SFL are getting £1 million TV money for the privilege. We need to get over the hun hating for a few years and move on.

ahibby
01-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Most SPL clubs could still be better off if not have around the same money from tv if the SPL agree to an equal share for each club. Only Celtic would be really worse off. When does the vote take place on that and how many members must vote in favour. They also need to make sure that the decision (if taken) can't be reversed when Rangers make it back to the SPL.

YehButNoBut
01-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Seemingly SPL clubs still waiting on money due from league from last season.

Expected to be paid this week, anyone know how much we are due?

mcfly
01-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh dear- these pages get worse.

I take it you had some spare time this morning.

IWasThere2016
01-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Yip they tried their hardest to blackmail everyone with their lies, even tonight in my club i had a sevco fan telling me the game was ****ed, and sky was pulling out completely? He didnt believe me, even when i showed him the evidence on my phone. :faf:

They are the only clowns that believed him and doncaster on the armageddon we were about to suffer. :rolleyes:

Sadly, some of our own were taken in also. Silly (being kind) to believe anything SPL/SFA had to say on this. There was never any evidence.

Might we sign the 3 or 4 players we need now???

Part/Time Supporter
01-08-2012, 08:58 AM

It's since been reported that Lawwell, Doncaster and directors of Aberdeen and Inverness were appointed to a committee dealing with the TV contract.

Beefster
01-08-2012, 09:07 AM

They spent over a month talking down the Scottish game and claiming that it would implode without Sevco. Anyone that thinks that that is part of an effective strategy for maximising income knows **** all about maximising income.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 09:08 AM
They spent over a month talking down the Scottish game and claiming that it would implode without Sevco. Anyone that thinks that that is part of an effective strategy for maximising income knows **** all about maximising income.

They should walk for that alone.

IWasThere2016
01-08-2012, 09:11 AM

:agree: Dumb and Dumber - and supported by a number of the media and some SPL chairmen! Clowns.

Golden Bear
01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Interesting that the TV scheduling was announced today as I was under the impression that the SPL Clubs are due to meet on Friday to ratify/discuss the TV deal.

Fait accompli it would seem.

Gus Fring
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Interesting that the TV scheduling was announced today as I was under the impression that the SPL Clubs are due to meet on Friday to ratify/discuss the TV deal.

I don't think the new TV deal starts until the 2013/14 season

Billy Whizz
01-08-2012, 10:26 AM

They haven't announced any TV games yet, conveniently moved fixture dates and times so will probably announce on Friday!

WhileTheChief..
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Jim Spence reporting that the new TV deal is only 10% less than the one that was on the table. Goes on to say that once redistribution has been voted on then clubs will be no worse off than they were previously.

I would imagine though that Celtic will take a hit so this can only be good for the rest of the league.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Jim Spence reporting that the new TV deal is only 10% less than the one that was on the table. Goes on to say that once redistribution has been voted on then clubs will be no worse off than they were previously.

I would imagine though that Celtic will take a hit so this can only be good for the rest of the league.

Micheal Johnston Killie chairman praising Neil Doncaster for his work in securing the deal. **** me imagine what we could have got if he actually talked up the product.

NAE NOOKIE
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Micheal Johnston Killie chairman praising Neil Doncaster for his work in securing the deal. **** me imagine what we could have got if he actually talked up the product.

According to one internet source I had a look at Blackpool's total broadcasting revenue in the 10 /11 season. A season in which they were relegated, was £39,000,000 as far as I know that does not include a parachute payment into the Championship.

I think that puts our upcoming 5 year deal into perspective.

VickMackie
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
The sevco fans on their sevco site are GUTTED because they thought it was going to be a lot less and plunge us all into admin.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

LeighLoyal
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
The sevco fans on their sevco site are GUTTED because they thought it was going to be a lot less and plunge us all into admin.

No level of pain and misery is enough for those cheating inbred lowlifes. Lots more to come I hope!!!! :agree:

J-C
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM

I had a good dig at a Rangers mate of mine, when all this came about, needless to say he wasn't overly happy and wished me and all the rest of the SPL supporters a happy admin when it eventually comes around, still beggars belief that they still don't realize the severity of what their club did and the punishment was just. :confused:

VickMackie
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I had a good dig at a Rangers mate of mine, when all this came about, needless to say he wasn't overly happy and wished me and all the rest of the SPL supporters a happy admin when it eventually comes around, still beggars belief that they still don't realize the severity of what their club did and the punishment was just. :confused:

:agree:

As long as you make it clear to them startin in the 3rd wasn't a punishment, it was a generous offer by the SFL.

Just Alf
01-08-2012, 07:18 PM

I wonder what it would have been if Doncaster had opened the "closed shop"?

BT Vision have already taken 2 of the better EPL packages from Sky/ESPN and are actively trying to expand their sports coverage.... I wonder what a bit of competition would have given us?

TamHibs
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Confirmed as live on ESPN

3pm
02-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Nice!

Onceinawhile
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Where has it been confirmed? Checked on ESPN.co.uk earlier and it wasn't on their schedules.

TamHibs
02-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Where has it been confirmed? Checked on ESPN.co.uk earlier and it wasn't on their schedules.

On my tv planner & ESPN ran an advert for it earlier today. 12pm start

Steve20
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Confirmed as live on ESPN

Not on their schedule, it's not.

TamHibs
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM

Well considering I just set my sky+ to record it I think you'll find it is.

Steve20
02-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Well considering I just checked my box, I have have found it's not on my ESPN schedule yet.

Billy Whizz
02-08-2012, 07:59 PM

Going to the game anyway on Sunday, however checked ESPN for Sunday on my SKY planner and it's on from 12noon. We really need a big support on Sunday to get behind the team, so forget the telly and get along to the match!

TamHibs
02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Well considering I just checked my box, I have have found it's not on my ESPN schedule yet.

Well dunno why it's not showing on your box but like I said ESPN ran an advert earlier on this afternoon promoting it.

I'm_cabbaged
02-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Well considering I just set my sky+ to record it I think you'll find it is.

Not on virgin it's not.

TamHibs
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Not on virgin it's not.

Aye but virgin are pish ;-)

If it makes anyone feel better I can post a screenshot of my ESPN schedule lol

CallumLaidlaw
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Sky planner definitely showing Dundee Utd vs hibs.

3pm
02-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Aye but virgin are pish ;-)

If it makes anyone feel better I can post a screenshot of my ESPN schedule lol

On my SKY planner!

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Sky and ESPN have channels to fill with sport and they know that most punters are mainly interested in football. This is reason why they were never going to 'walk away' from Scottish football regardless who was in the league. If either/both Celtc and The Rangers go to a Euro league there will still be a tv contract, albeit a reduced one, to be had.

gbur123ukgb
02-08-2012, 10:10 PM
No one is disputing we need more and better players. Your comment however that Petrie would be ******** himself is a pile of crap. He has backed EVERY manager we have had.

Maybe he has backed them in past albeit most of his appointments have been shocking im not sure he is backing fenlon at the moment mate as anyone with half a football brain would realise unless we get a midfield and another centre half were ****ed.
The players should be in prior to season starting getting to know the club getting to know the players and manager.
However we seem to leave it to as late as possible every year by which time we are playing catch up.
Petrie goes on about the fans need to play there part maybe if we signed a couple of real quality proven spl players then more fams would by season tickets.
We have been going backwards since 2007 when we should have invested in playing side.
We now have one of best stadiums and training grounds in the country thank you Mr Petrie for that however i would swap a ramshackle stadium and training on ploughed fields if it meant we would have success on the pitch.
We are very well run financially aswell i suppose that is a good thing but i just get frustrated as i want my club to be where we should be on the pitch.
Keep the faith Support the club.
:pfgwa:pfgwa

Titch
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Its defiantly on http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/home-mobile/tv-schedule/?date=2012-08-05

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Maybe he has backed them in past albeit most of his appointments have been shocking im not sure he is backing fenlon at the moment mate as anyone with half a football brain would realise unless we get a midfield and another centre half were ****ed.
The players should be in prior to season starting getting to know the club getting to know the players and manager.
However we seem to leave it to as late as possible every year by which time we are playing catch up.
Petrie goes on about the fans need to play there part maybe if we signed a couple of real quality proven spl players then more fams would by season tickets.
We have been going backwards since 2007 when we should have invested in playing side.
We now have one of best stadiums and training grounds in the country thank you Mr Petrie for that however i would swap a ramshackle stadium and training on ploughed fields if it meant we would have success on the pitch.
We are very well run financially aswell i suppose that is a good thing but i just get frustrated as i want my club to be where we should be on the pitch.
Keep the faith Support the club.
:pfgwa:pfgwa

Opinions eh? I think he is backing Fenlon as well. We have signed or re-signed as many if not more than every other SPL team as has been pointed out frequently. I do not see one player that has signed for another team that anybody on here can reliably tell us was offered terms by Hibs but decided to go elsewhere because the money being offered was better. Do also remember we got Clancy as we outpaid Motherwell. Petrie spends money when he needs to and I am still confident there will be more players in before the window slams shut. Players still have options. Like it or not Hibs are not a great option for most players at the minute.

Its defiantly on http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/home-mobile/tv-schedule/?date=2012-08-05

Love a bit of defiance. :greengrin

gbur123ukgb
03-08-2012, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=Lucius Apuleius;3311653]Opinions eh? I think he is backing Fenlon as well. We have signed or re-signed as many if not more than every other SPL team as has been pointed out frequently. I do not see one player that has signed for another team that anybody on here can reliably tell us was offered terms by Hibs but decided to go elsewhere because the money being offered was better. Do also remember we got Clancy as we outpaid Motherwell. Petrie spends money when he needs to and I am still confident there will be more players in before the window slams shut. Players still have options. Like it or not Hibs are not a great option for most players at the minute.

Yes clancy i think will be a good player for us done v well for motherwell and i actually think the lad cairney will be good seen him last season for partick against falkirk loos part btw.
The problem is however unlike most other clubs we have lost an entire team not that many of them will be missed however and we have still not adressed the midfield area which teams have been running over the top for the past 3-4 years.
However we need more players in key areas not at the end of the window but now.
On a side the lad caldwell is one i think will do very well over next few years for hibs he is a good player when he matures he will be fantastic for the club the forward area also needs attention as we cant rely on a young laddie all the time and that really leaves Doyle and Griffiths so we are lightwieght in that area.
All i am saying i would have thought we should have had these players in before start of season so we are not playing catch up.

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Yes clancy i think will be a good player for us done v well for motherwell and i actually think the lad cairney will be good seen him last season for partick against falkirk loos part btw.
The problem is however unlike most other clubs we have lost an entire team not that many of them will be missed however and we have still not adressed the midfield area which teams have been running over the top for the past 3-4 years.
However we need more players in key areas not at the end of the window but now.
On a side the lad caldwell is one i think will do very well over next few years for hibs he is a good player when he matures he will be fantastic for the club the forward area also needs attention as we cant rely on a young laddie all the time and that really leaves Doyle and Griffiths so we are lightwieght in that area.
All i am saying i would have thought we should have had these players in before start of season so we are not playing catch up.

Contradictions mate. Yes we have lost a lot of guff players. They have been replaced, so far, by some who look as though they will do the biz. More are to come, of that I am sure. Catch up? Everybody will be playing catch up but we have signed more than most. Glass half full sort of guy and that is not going to change.

gbur123ukgb
03-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Contradictions mate. Yes we have lost a lot of guff players. They have been replaced, so far, by some who look as though they will do the biz. More are to come, of that I am sure. Catch up? Everybody will be playing catch up but we have signed more than most. Glass half full sort of guy and that is not going to change.

I would say we will be playing catch up as our midfield is a joke at the mo.
Yes we have signed more than most that is only because we have lost so many players i hope your right mate if we get another couple in im sure we can have a good season.

Lucius Apuleius
03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I would say we will be playing catch up as our midfield is a joke at the mo.
Yes we have signed more than most that is only because we have lost so many players i hope your right mate if we get another couple in im sure we can have a good season.

Me too so lets be positive and stop all this negativity crap. Think negatives and negatives will happen. Positive Mental Attitude at all time. :agree:

matty_f
03-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Sadly, some of our own were taken in also. Silly (being kind) to believe anything SPL/SFA had to say on this. There was never any evidence.

Might we sign the 3 or 4 players we need now???

Sadly some of our own don't understand the words 'potentially' or 'could'.

Beefster
03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Sadly some of our own don't understand the words 'potentially' or 'could'.

Sorry Matty but that argument is a cop-out. Cheryl Cole could potentially turn up at my front door and declare her undying love for me but it's highly unlikely so I'd be a tit to announce to Mrs Beefster that it was about to happen.

The SPL/SFA/Chairmen painted the bleakest scenario they could think up in an attempt to blackmail their way to the perfect scenario for them. Anyone that thinks that's defensible really much like being taken for a mug.

matty_f
03-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Sorry Matty but that argument is a cop-out. Cheryl Cole could potentially turn up at my front door and declare her undying love for me but it's highly unlikely so I'd be a tit to announce to Mrs Beefster that it was about to happen.

The SPL/SFA/Chairmen painted the bleakest scenario they could think up in an attempt to blackmail their way to the perfect scenario for them. Anyone that thinks that's defensible really much like being taken for a mug.
I think you need to understand the concept of context before dismissing something as a cop out.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2012, 11:40 AM

I will send her round once i have finished with her.

matty_f
03-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I will send her round once i have finished with her.

:tee hee:

LeighLoyal
03-08-2012, 12:40 PM
The best thing about this TV deal is we don't need or want any reconstruction that allows Sevco to skip leagues into some SPL2 abomination. No to Sevco!

marinello59
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
The best thing about this TV deal is we don't need or want any reconstruction that allows Sevco to skip leagues into some SPL2 abomination. No to Sevco!

We needed league reconstruction years ago. Now is the best chance we have of pushing things forward. Are you really saying we shouldn't bother if Sevco (along with the rest of Scottish football) were to benefit from expanding the divisions and bring the game under one ruling body?

LeighLoyal
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM
We needed league reconstruction years ago. Now is the best chance we have of pushing things forward. Are you really saying we shouldn't bother if Sevco (along with the rest of Scottish football) were to benefit from expanding the divisions and bring the game under one ruling body?

Not if it means Sevco get a year closer to the SPL. We can have changes without benefitting cheats.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2012, 01:20 PM

I was against sevco getting any special treatment, and i'd like reconstruction if its done properly. The authorities need to think about this carefully, and get the best set up organised for all.

A pyramid system, size of leagues, play offs how many go up and down, the lot. Its not a 5 minute job this, and along with a new fairer voting system, if this brings sevco a step closer the top league, a season earlier, then i can live with that.

What would have been wrong, was rushing one through this season just to help one club, when Regan and Doncaster have wanted progress for all 42 clubs.

Its taken sevco to go bust just so we can get what in reality we have all wanted, now is the time to do it, now is the time Scottish football as a whole wins.

YehButNoBut
03-08-2012, 01:20 PM
ESPN deal confirmed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19113843?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

SPL coverage on ESPN starts on Sunday, when Dundee United host Hibernian.

ESPN announced: "The Clydesdale Bank Premier League, Irn Bru Scottish Football League and ESPN have reached a multi-year deal for rights to Scottish football from next season through 2017.

"The agreement means ESPN's channels in the UK and Ireland will next season screen 40 live and exclusive matches from both leagues - more than ever before and 10 more than in previous seasons on ESPN.

"Under the deal, 30 Clydesdale Bank Premier League games will be shown on ESPN over the season alongside 10 Rangers games from the Irn Bru Scottish Football League, including three home Rangers fixtures."

marinello59
03-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I was against sevco getting any special treatment, and i'd like reconstruction if its done properly. The authorities need to think about this carefully, and get the best set up organised for all.

A pyramid system, size of leagues, play offs how many go up and down, the lot. Its not a 5 minute job this, and along with a new fairer voting system, if this brings sevco a step closer the top league, a season earlier, then i can live with that.

What would have been wrong, was rushing one through this season just to help one club, when Regan and Doncaster have wanted progress for all 42 clubs.

Its taken sevco to go bust just so we can get what in reality we have all wanted, now is the time to do it, now is the time Scottish football as a whole wins.

I agree with all of that. Especially your last sentence. It would be criminal to let this chance pass.

matty_f
03-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I agree with all of that. Especially your last sentence. It would be criminal to let this chance pass.

:agree:

down-the-slope
04-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Having been in conversation with the Chairman about TV & sponsorship I have to say that the fact a deal has been struck keeping 2 out the 3 broadcasters is a really good outcome in all the circumstances.
While it may not be a popular view (or even believed by some)that the clauses allowing walking away & renegotiation were real and ND in his role had to make clear that this was possible - it might be east to sat it was scaremongering with hindsight, but thats only because they have negotiated a deal. Can you imagine what it would be like on here if ESPN hald walked and SKY offerd half :rolleyes:

However we are in a position that with supporters doing just that - supporting - then things might just work out OK...

For me the best bit to come out of new deal is this ...

'The broadcasters have made no stipulations about any particular club and where they might be within the league structure'

That is major progress given previous clauses, and gives a clean sheet for consideration of league reconstruction without that as somthing to skew any planning.

Now its time to get 11v1 back on the table for changing now that Dundee have 12th share...then we need proper supporter consultation about options for leagues - with the biggest challenge being just how many full time clubs a structure / revenue generation can support to give the size of leagues most have previously indicated they want.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Not if it means Sevco get a year closer to the SPL. We can have changes without benefitting cheats.

We have been on about league reconstruction for years now. If reconstruction at the end of this seasons gets Sevco back to the top league quicker then thats their good luck.

The chances are that two bigger top leagues next year may well speed up the Zombie Huns re entry to the top league, but if thats the case so be it .... I cant believe anybody would be against the reconstruction we badly need, and which hopefully will lead to a better and more interesting league, just to keep Sevco down ...... Regard to the bigger picture required here methinks

Just Alf
05-08-2012, 09:03 AM
We have been on about league reconstruction for years now. If reconstruction at the end of this seasons gets Sevco back to the top league quicker then thats their good luck.

The chances are that two bigger top leagues next year may well speed up the Zombie Huns re entry to the top league, but if thats the case so be it .... I cant believe anybody would be against the reconstruction we badly need, and which hopefully will lead to a better and more interesting league, just to keep Sevco down ...... Regard to the bigger picture required here methinks

This 100% :thumbup:

YehButNoBut
07-08-2012, 01:12 PM
SPL have agreed a deal to show all highlights on youtube, unfortunately for overseas fans still only for UK.

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/tv-and-radio/youtube-to-show-spl-highlights-after-three-year-deal-struck-1-2454368

HIGHLIGHTS of SPL matches are to be shown on YouTube after a deal was agreed with the online video service for the next three seasons. Key moments from each match will be shown on the SPL’s official YouTube channel ‘splofficial (http://www.youtube.com/splofficial)’ with “exclusive content’ also promised under the deal.

The service, which is now live, will be available to UK supporters only with clips made live from from 6pm on Sundays.

The deal is the first of its kind to be struck in the UK for professional football.

The channel will also cover pre- and post-match reaction from players and managers, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes features.

Stuart MacPhee, SPL Commercial Manager, said: “Making Clydesdale Bank Premier League content available on YouTube will allow fans to access all the best action, on and off the pitch, whenever they want and wherever they are, be it at home on the laptop or on their smartphone on the bus to work.”

H18sry
07-08-2012, 01:25 PM
The deal is a first for league football in the UK and will see the SPL’s official YouTube channel, ‘splofficial’ screen highlights from every Clydesdale Bank Premier League match. From season 2012-13 ‘splofficial’ will be the place to catch all the goals, skills, best saves and top tackles from the top tier of Scottish football, while being a platform for supporters to share their own videos and experiences as they follow their club throughout the season.

The ‘splofficial’ channel will also cover pre and post match reaction from players and managers, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes features, representing an exciting new means through which fans can engage with their club.

The ‘splofficial’ channel can be accessed via the following URL: http://www.youtube.com/splofficial. Match highlights will be available for supporters in the UK to view from 6pm on Sundays.

Stuart MacPhee, SPL Commercial Manager, said: “Launching the ‘splofficial’ channel represents a new chapter in online fan engagement for our league. Making Clydesdale Bank Premier League content available on YouTube will allow fans to access all the best action, on and off the pitch, whenever they want and wherever they are, be it at home on the laptop or on their smartphone on the bus to work.”

Stephen Nuttall, Senior Director, Sports for YouTube Europe, Middle East and Africa, said: “Football fans worldwide naturally go to YouTube to catch up on goals and highlights. Our partnership with The Scottish Premier League will give the global YouTube audience access to all aspects of Scottish football from the best on-field action to exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.”

Onceinawhile
07-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Fantastic idea, well done SPL. Subscribed.

Spike Mandela
07-08-2012, 01:51 PM
SPL have agreed a deal to show all highlights on youtube, unfortunately for overseas fans still only for UK.

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/tv-and-radio/youtube-to-show-spl-highlights-after-three-year-deal-struck-1-2454368

HIGHLIGHTS of SPL matches are to be shown on YouTube after a deal was agreed with the online video service for the next three seasons. Key moments from each match will be shown on the SPL’s official YouTube channel ‘splofficial (http://www.youtube.com/splofficial)’ with “exclusive content’ also promised under the deal.

The service, which is now live, will be available to UK supporters only with clips made live from from 6pm on Sundays.

The deal is the first of its kind to be struck in the UK for professional football.

The channel will also cover pre- and post-match reaction from players and managers, as well as exclusive behind-the-scenes features.

Stuart MacPhee, SPL Commercial Manager, said: “Making Clydesdale Bank Premier League content available on YouTube will allow fans to access all the best action, on and off the pitch, whenever they want and wherever they are, be it at home on the laptop or on their smartphone on the bus to work.”

I'm certain Mr Doncaster never mentioned this when predicting that the 'end was nigh'!!

DC_Hibs
07-08-2012, 02:07 PM

The Scotprem announcement said overseas fans can watch highlights the same night.

Happy days, will save me from needing to download sportscene and it will also hopefully result in lower viewing figures for those jokers at the BBC who probably pay Alan Hansen more per year than they do for their SPL coverage.

Should lead to more money in the SPL coffers in addition to the recently renewed TV deals.

Hibeesforever
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
ESPN deal confirmed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19113843?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

SPL coverage on ESPN starts on Sunday, when Dundee United host Hibernian.

ESPN announced: "The Clydesdale Bank Premier League, Irn Bru Scottish Football League and ESPN have reached a multi-year deal for rights to Scottish football from next season through 2017.

"The agreement means ESPN's channels in the UK and Ireland will next season screen 40 live and exclusive matches from both leagues - more than ever before and 10 more than in previous seasons on ESPN.

"Under the deal, 30 Clydesdale Bank Premier League games will be shown on ESPN over the season alongside 10 Rangers games from the Irn Bru Scottish Football League, including three home Rangers fixtures."

Mr Doncaster should resign for two reasons: regardless of the financial value of the deal, negotiating a 5 year deal means Scotland can not increase the value of the rights until 2017 and secondly, showing more live games is completely against what most fans know is in the long term interests of the game.

Aside from this it precludes individual clubs from developing and improving their own TV channels.