PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Help..

mca
19-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Was speaking to a Lady friend at work today.. as you do..

.. she began to tell all about her disabled father - who had apparently loved going to watch football..

(when i say disabled i mean walking stick kinda elderly ) and how he would have a beer in the pub before the game and he sat in an old stand..

but - she added - they had recently knocked it down and built a new one.. !!

apparently he left after the first season in this big shiny new stand !!.. and the reason = Nobody around him ever singed songs !!!!!

I cant say i was shocked when she told me he was a hibs fan !!!

she also said that he still misses his fitba afternoons.. she had even offered to buy him a season ticket.. he said no until i can stand every now and again and bloody sing again.. - im nearly wiping a tear or something ahem away at this point.. well she was nice looking..

aye - ok - so i told her - i would look into it - but as usual cany find any information about it.. help.. please..

Im pretty sure there is a Disabled section in the East..

Does anyone know if a disabled season ticket holder can move to be near the signing section ??

or are they really stuck in one section of the east stand ??

Thanks in advance if anyone knows :aok:

hibeelin
19-07-2012, 08:56 PM
I've got a disabled season ticket in the East, near singing section. As far as I know disabled s/t's have to be no further than 6 rows from a exit for health and safety reasons. If the man has a walking stick he wouldnt be able to climb all those stairs right up to SS anyway. He and a carer would qualify for a cheap s/t if he is registered disabled. Hope this helps

ronaldo7
19-07-2012, 08:59 PM
As long as he's mobile enough for the stairs, he can sit wherever he wants. Ambulant disabled people sit all round the stadium.:aok:

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Even if he has a ST for a disabled area, they'll be plenty of free seats in the stand for him to pick from each game this season. :wink: