PDA

View Full Version : Ross County sell their soul ?

rab1875
19-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Just hearing The Staggies have changed name of Victoria Park to Global Energy Stadium :confused: Can anyone confirm if true ?

VickMackie
19-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm sure I read it earlier.

Hardly selling their soul. I didn't know the name of their stadium before but I do now. They'll also get some extra cash which will help contribute towards the cash they might have received pre currants.

edwards
19-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Selling their soul I would call It thinking on their feet and there will be a few clubs following suit very soon Hibs included wouldn;t mind being called the 7up stadium if it meant the team could get a couple of million for it. Lets see who is prepared to sponsor the stadium by using there name. Survival is the name of the game big pat on the back to Inverness they haven't wasted any time since the rangers outcome and have moved quickly and may now be able to purchase the players we want. :rolleyes:
How much did they get.
Easter Road will always be know as ER no matter what they call it on tv

neilmartinrocks
19-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Selling their soul I would call It thinking on their feet and there will be a few clubs following suit very soon Hibs included wouldn;t mind being called the 7up stadium if it meant the team could get a couple of million for it. Lets see who is prepared to sponsor the stadium by using there name. Survival is the name of the game big pat on the back to Inverness they haven't wasted any time since the rangers outcome and have moved quickly and may now be able to purchase the players we want. :rolleyes:
How much did they get.
Easter Road will always be know as ER no matter what they call it on tv

dingwall

Beefster
19-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Good on Ross County. SPL clubs are going to have to come up with new revenue streams. I'd be quite happy for Hibs to sell the naming rights to the stadium/training centre, put more sponsorship on the strips and more.

The time for us to be snobby about certain ways of Hibs raising money is long gone.

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM
"7up stadium" has a nice tone to it. :wink:

I'm all for it.

Saorsa
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Good on Ross County. SPL clubs are going to have to come up with new revenue streams. I'd be quite happy for Hibs to sell the naming rights to the stadium/training centre, put more sponsorship on the strips and more.

The time for us to be snobby about certain ways of Hibs raising money is long gone.:agree: It'll always be Easter Road tae the people that matter, they can call it what they want for advertising purposes if it brings in the dosh.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't have been able to guess that the name of their ground was Victoria Park in the first place.

Jonnyboy
19-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Just hearing The Staggies have changed name of Victoria Park to Global Energy Stadium :confused: Can anyone confirm if true ?

Selling their soul would have meant them changing it to Little Ibrox :wink:

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Dinny care and canny blame them! Im sure Rod would sell advertising on his tash if it would bring in some extra cash! Im thinking "Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer with extra ginger and a twist of Lemon", this chould cover one side of the infamous tash!!!!!!!!

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 08:41 PM
7up is also a predominantly green coloured container which might help it fit in with our colours. Also my best mate says I look like Fido Dido.... :cb:

I'm all for it.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:43 PM

The time for us to be snobby about certain ways of Hibs raising money is long gone.

Well said

The Green Goblin
19-07-2012, 08:45 PM

I'm all for it.

What about the "7nil stadium"? ;-)

jdships
19-07-2012, 09:02 PM

:thumbsup:
No problems with that at all
Different if they had wanted to change the name of the club !!

Gatecrasher
19-07-2012, 09:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18900537

they just spent £1.4 million on it, i cant blame them for doing this.

sadtom
19-07-2012, 10:22 PM

I'm all for it.

Maybe get Sol lager involved too?
The 7up stadium with the Sol (Sunshine On Leith) stand.
:hmmm:

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 10:30 PM
If we're going to name the stadium based on past glories that we have no hope what so ever of repeating why not go the whole hog and call it the 1902 stadium, I'm sure we could find a sponsor with a link to that year!

Air Conditioning
Lie Detectors
Teddy Bears

DAVE1875
20-07-2012, 12:14 AM
If we're going to name the stadium based on past glories that we have no hope what so ever of repeating why not go the whole hog and call it the 1902 stadium, I'm sure we could find a sponsor with a link to that year!

Air Conditioning
Lie Detectors
Teddy Bears

At least we would get a second mascot :wink: