PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon's Stadium Changes

GreenArmy1875
19-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Fenlon has said previously that he wants to make changes to the stadium. What changes do you think he will make?

Also who is it that does the music at ER? Do you think the music choice makes a difference to the players/our fans before a game?

Mikey
19-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Switching the dug outs was mentioned on the PM board.

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Extend the tiers about 10 metres upwards. Fill in both FF Corners. Standing area in lower FF. Trench style dug-outs because they are awesome, and Green and white bulbs around the outside a la Allianz.

:pray:

c31
19-07-2012, 04:41 PM
My first thoughts

Move all away fans up the top tier and as far from the pitch as is possible, when possible.

Drown out their signing with tangy announcements in their end only when they try and get songs started, strict stewarding in the away end like at other grounds regarding standing (Tanadice, Parkhead).

Compact the Hibs fans better, close the top and bottom 5 rows of each stand.

have a Kids free area

Better and cheap food

Sell drink - be proactive with this through the Scottish parliament now we don't have the Huns to worry about spoiling it or home end only

Refuse to play games Sunday 12noon etc.

Etc. etc.

hibsbollah
19-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Cold showers in away changing room in winter, single strip of mdf instead of a bench in away dugout. Ketamine slipped into away managers pre-match tea.

Craig_in_Prague
19-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Flip the stands 180°

Monts
19-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Did yogi not switch the dugouts when he arrived?

Is that when it all started going wrong? :greengrin

marinello59
19-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Aye, Yogi switched them then Calderwood switched them back. So we can't blame the dugout position.:greengrin

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 05:04 PM
:faf:

Mikeystewart
19-07-2012, 05:08 PM

I always had a feeling this was going to be our downfall :agree:

NOLA
Irish Tricolours flying from every stand, Leprechaun mascot and stirring melodys from traditional irish groups?

Monts
Aye, Yogi switched them then Calderwood switched them back. So we can't blame the dugout position.:greengrin

Dammit! :greengrin

Mikeystewart
19-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Irish Tricolours flying from every stand, Leprechaun mascot and stirring melodys from traditional irish groups?

If you joking :faf::faf:

If your seriois :bitchy::no way:

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Im of the opinion we should close of say the back 10 rows of each stand and cover them with stand lenght Hibs banner or Green cover and push all the fans as near to the front as possible to creat more atmosphere. And then when we have bigger games and we know how many tickets we have sold we draw back / remove these covers as appropriate!

Sortedddd!!!!!

francobaresi
19-07-2012, 05:56 PM
He should concentrate on what's on the pitch before trying to change anything off the pitch...

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Heard that the intends to fill it for every home game.

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Rotate each stand 180 degrees.

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Flip the stands 180°

Rotate each stand 180 degrees.

2 votes for that, most popular option so far :greengrin

Wilson
19-07-2012, 06:12 PM
He should concentrate on what's on the pitch before trying to change anything off the pitch...

Home team winning.

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 06:25 PM
2 votes for that, most popular option so far :greengrin

:hilarious

Never even noticed the other comment.

silverhibee
19-07-2012, 06:26 PM

Again :greengrin

Northernhibee
19-07-2012, 06:38 PM
It all falls back to what our downfall has been - stop being so nice.

Stick opposition fans in the upper tier of the South. Get fans sitting more compactly. Make the away dugout and changing rooms less pleasant. Get the sprinklers on just before the other team warm up.

We need to be utter *******s really.

allezsauzee
19-07-2012, 06:42 PM
My first thoughts

Move all away fans up the top tier and as far from the pitch as is possible, when possible.

Drown out their signing with tangy announcements in their end only when they try and get songs started, strict stewarding in the away end like at other grounds regarding standing (Tanadice, Parkhead).

have a Kids free area

Better and cheap food

Sell drink - be proactive with this through the Scottish parliament now we don't have the Huns to worry about spoiling it or home end only

Etc. etc.

Not the bottom 5 rows, I like to be close to the pitch, so i know the linesman can hear the advice i'm shouting to him

goosefat
19-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Agree with that.

I know that a few stadium changes are no substitute for getting it right on the park but I've always felt that getting the away fans as far away from proceedings as possible might give a slight psychological edge. Celtic and Hearts games aside, bunch the away fans in the top right tier of the stand. It can’t do any harm.

Haymaker
19-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I am sure Barcelona put away fans up high for some games, I remember Chelsea scoring v them once and the fans were at the top in a corner!

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Stick opposition fans in the upper tier of the South. Get fans sitting more compactly. Make the away dugout and changing rooms less pleasant. Get the sprinklers on just before the other team warm up.

:agree:

We seem to treat the opposition better than we treat our own. We must be the most enjoyable ground for every other club.

StevesFamau5
19-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Not the bottom 5 rows, I like to be close to the pitch, so i know the linesman can hear the advice i'm shouting to him

Haha this made me lol... It is important that we give said official some "friendly" pointers. Its a hard job walking up and down a line raising your flag and picking your nose :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

goosefat
19-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I am sure Barcelona put away fans up high for some games, I remember Chelsea scoring v them once and the fans were at the top in a corner!

Well, in that case, forget the whole idea...:rolleyes:

CB_NO3
19-07-2012, 07:16 PM
We should make the away changing room as comfortable and luxury as possible. This then gets the away players minds in chill out and relax mode. I know Valencia and Barca do this. Get the away fans stuck in the top tier away from the pitch. We should also get an inspiring club anthem, summit traditional like Milan and Barca. These anthems make the hairs stand on the neck and is better than some cheesy pop tune that we play.

TrinityHibs
19-07-2012, 07:25 PM
My first thoughts

Compact the Hibs fans better, close the top and bottom 5 rows of each stand.have a Kids free area

Better and cheap food

Etc. etc.

Thats a No from me but I can think of a few seats that would benefit from being empty in the Lower West

Billy Whizz
19-07-2012, 07:26 PM

We did that so we could get near to the linesman on that side. Previously the away team were in his face

Billy Whizz
19-07-2012, 07:28 PM
My first thoughts

have a Kids free area

Better and cheap food

Etc. etc.

Morherwell quite often put us in the upper tier, particularly if it's been wet. They claim it's for crowd safety. I hate it up there as its miles away from the play. We want to encourage away supporters to ER, particularly in the current financial climate.

GreenArmy1875
19-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I agree with that CB fed up of the same old rubbish on before the game and the pop songs. I would like a more of an anthem before the game and even when we score. Dont agree with the changing room thing you mentioned though just personally i hated changing in a dark small changing room and would of loved some luxury. Anyone ever been in the hearts away dressing room? its Sh***hole. The fans should be shafted up to the top of the stand.

jgl07
19-07-2012, 07:36 PM

That would not do much for atmosphere if the away fans were in the upper tier and the lower tier was empty. You could hardly put home fans below the visiting support.

Manchester United attempted to relocate visiting supporters to the upper tier for the coming season. The police objected on the grounds that in the event of trouble it would be harder to get police and stewards up into the gods to sort it out.

There were also objections regarding goal celebrations by away support. For example the Manchester City fans Poznan routine. Large number of supporters jumping up and down in unision could cause structural problems in the upper tier. This is particularly the case if it happens six times!

sahib
19-07-2012, 07:44 PM
:agree:

We seem to treat the opposition better than we treat our own. We must be the most enjoyable ground for every other club.

Their pound is as good as yours mate. Treat them well, be the best away venue in the league. Just don't guarantee them points as we have done last couple of years.

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Their pound is as good as yours mate. Treat them well, be the best away venue in the league. Just don't guarantee them points as we have done last couple of years.

I'd much rather we made it complete hell for them. :devil:

goosefat
19-07-2012, 08:05 PM
How about the 'Barney The Dinosaur' song pumped on a loop to the away dressing room, Guantánamo Bay style?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlL5RcJWNPE

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Morherwell quite often put us in the upper tier, particularly if it's been wet. They claim it's for crowd safety. I hate it up there as its miles away from the play. We want to encourage away supporters to ER, particularly in the current financial climate.

Exactly. To me all this stuff about making life uncomfortable for the opposition is embarrassing. PF should be concentrating on what's happening on the park.

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 08:44 PM
You obviously didn't see Rodders outfit that he wore to the SPL NewHunCo vote then? :agree: :faf:

If you joking :faf::faf:

If your seriois :bitchy::no way:

CorrieHibs
19-07-2012, 08:47 PM
A new stadium announcer would be nice.

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 08:49 PM

OK then, itching powder in their talc and sand in their vaseline :greengrin

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Exactly. To me all this stuff about making life uncomfortable for the opposition is embarrassing.

You think so?

PF should be concentrating on what's happening on the park.

I agree.

He should be focusing on making life as uncomfortable for the opposition as possible. :wink:

DAVE1875
20-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Install a massive stage curtain to the roof of the South Stand so if the opposition are winning we simply drop the curtain :wink:

Along with the whole fill in the corners etc. Would also like to see us install big versions of the club badge on each of the stands except the South Stand (Just so away fans don't keep attempting to break it by throwing things at it.)

McIntosh
20-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Reduce the width of the pitch.

Macaroon
20-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Reduce the width of the pitch.

This would actually benefit us this season.

Pete
20-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Exactly. To me all this stuff about making life uncomfortable for the opposition is embarrassing. PF should be concentrating on what's happening on the park.

Bigger and better clubs than us think it's important to make things uncomfortable for the opposition players and fans.

One of the first things Martin O'Neill did at Villa was insist that the away fans were moved from behind the goal to an area at the side of the pitch.

The away changing room at Stamford bridge has lockers for personal possessions that are deliberately positioned at ground level, underneath the benches they sit on. Players have to crouch down to get to them. Crouching into a ball like that is a submissive body position and subconsciously you are sending messages of defeat and submission to your brain.

I think it's a fascinating subject and if it gives us any sort of edge on the pitch then why not?

sevenzero
20-07-2012, 06:37 AM
When I done the tour of anfield they had a highly polished tiled floor in the away dressing room . :) :)

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2012, 08:02 AM
The trapdoor under the away dugout gets my vote ;)

Hiber-nation
20-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Bigger and better clubs than us think it's important to make things uncomfortable for the opposition players and fans.

One of the first things Martin O'Neill did at Villa was insist that the away fans were moved from behind the goal to an area at the side of the pitch.

The away changing room at Stamford bridge has lockers for personal possessions that are deliberately positioned at ground level, underneath the benches they sit on. Players have to crouch down to get to them. Crouching into a ball like that is a submissive body position and subconsciously you are sending messages of defeat and submission to your brain.

I think it's a fascinating subject and if it gives us any sort of edge on the pitch then why not?

Fair enough, to me its just desperation. I'd have thought any player worth his salt would use stuff like this to spur himself on to a better performance.

ginger_rice
20-07-2012, 09:02 AM
He's already made changes in the dressing room where there are two large photo montages showing Hibs history, the reasoning behind this is that he feels that there is a disconnect between the players and ER when they do most of their work at EM.

He also opened up the Home dressing room to make it one big room, to avoid little cliques building up.

--------
20-07-2012, 09:14 AM

When I done the tour of anfield they had a highly polished tiled floor in the away dressing room . :) :)

I like your thinking, gentlemen!

It's stuff like this that I thought of when Pat brought the subject up. A subtle re-arrangement of the layout of the away dressing room to make the opposition manager's job a bit less easy and to unsettle the away team without giving them anything they can complain about.

I mean, how can anyone complain about a shiny, clean floor? And if anyone slips and does his knee, it's his own stupid clumsy fault ... :devil:

(Though I'd still make the Jambos shower in raw sewage - mind you, that MIGHT just make them feel completely at home ...)

J-C
20-07-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that at Old Trafford, the away changing room was as basic as can be, no luxuries whatsoever, heating off on game days etc, all to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the visiting team.

McIntosh
20-07-2012, 10:00 AM
This would actually benefit us this season.

By all accounts this is being discussed - this is the proposed change, joking apart.

Keith_M
20-07-2012, 10:10 AM
How about a pitch that slopes from South to North and we always play towards the North in the 2nd half?

How come nobody's ever thought of that before?

:dunno:

neilmartinrocks
20-07-2012, 10:33 AM
He's already made changes in the dressing room where there are two large photo montages showing Hibs history, the reasoning behind this is that he feels that there is a disconnect between the players and ER when they do most of their work at EM.

He also opened up the Home dressing room to make it one big room, to avoid little cliques building up.

believe me mate he is not the only one.

--------
20-07-2012, 10:36 AM
By all accounts this is being discussed - this is the proposed change, joking apart.

Good.

If we happen to be lacking wide players, there's no reason to let the other lot take advantage.

Bad Martini
20-07-2012, 11:38 AM
I like your thinking, gentlemen!

It's stuff like this that I thought of when Pat brought the subject up. A subtle re-arrangement of the layout of the away dressing room to make the opposition manager's job a bit less easy and to unsettle the away team without giving them anything they can complain about.

I mean, how can anyone complain about a shiny, clean floor? And if anyone slips and does his knee, it's his own stupid clumsy fault ... :devil:

(Though I'd still make the Jambos shower in raw sewage - mind you, that MIGHT just make them feel completely at home ...)

The Anfield Tour is great and shows once again what a genius Bill Shankly was. Though he did nothing for any other reason than attempt to give his team an edge.

He had the now famous "This Is Anfield" sign made and said of it: "It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against!". I see we have the badge above the tunnel entrance, though no slogan or original thought.

The changing rooms at Anfield also got the Shankly treatment. The door heights were altered to make the home team door a little bit smaller, so the players had to duck to get out...the plan being to convince the opposition they were playing a team far bigger than they were.

Actually, this talk about making the away team changing room basic/plain and uncomfortable. It's not a bad idea. Consider however, whilst we're on about the dressing room at Anfield, the HOME dressing room is NOT plush, fancy or full of padded seats. Another Shanklyisim. Its as it was in 1963 pretty much. Wooden benches and little else, maybe the treatment table and not much more as I recall. The reason being Shankly wanted his players to know this was their place of work...they were there to do a job for Liverpool. Plush seats nowhere to be seen.

I dunno where we aquire these ideas. It takes a manager to have his OWN ideas and implement what he believes in. The ideas need to mean something to him and consequentally, the players. If there's to be traditions, they can start at any time by anyone but corny **** wont last. Lets not steal other traditions and lets not have some corny song. The most popular songs were adopted and stuck by the fans...never manufactured by some marketing excercise. West ham with theier frickin bubbles, Liverpool with YNWA etc etc...fans adopt the songs and thats what makes them stick.

This chat about changing ER. All Pat has to do is sort some wins and the rest will take care of itself. The way to start that is getting the players mindsets sorted...they play for the shirt and the club first and foremost. They do that, and everything else WILL fall into place, shiny floors, signs, anthems and turds in boots :greengrin aside :cb

GGTTH.

GloryGlory
20-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Ahem, cough, cough - bigger maybe, but certainly not better! :flag:

superfurryhibby
20-07-2012, 12:20 PM
With regard to moving opposition fans, there are so few of them out with Hearts, Celtic and Rangers (Aberdeen, maybe) that it makes no difference. Don't think players really take much notice of a few hundred Inverness fans etc.

Same with the pitch size. Seems a bit defeatist to start restricting the pitch width. Do the East Mains training pitches not match up to ER in length, width etc? Also, do we not have to play on wide pitches elsewhere, like Hampden, Parkheid, Ibrox (lol).

I do like the idea of introducing standing areas in some part of the ground, maybe the West Lower? Hibs could offer a cheaper season ticket for this, maybe?

Dressing rooms, one poster mentioned Fenlon asking for a wall of fame in the corridor outside them and having seen it, seems like a good reminder of who the payers are supposed to be playing for.

I could do with less music immediately before kick off, less sunshine on leith (except when we actually win a game against them).

A succesful team would do wonders for improving the atmosphere. The last Dunfermline game shows that it doesn't take a sell out to generate this. A winning, passionate, performance did wonders for the support that night.