PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Clubstore/2 For 1 Strip Offer

Future17
19-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Apologies for starting another thread about the strip vouchers, but was quite shocked at the lack of planning and organisation from Hibs on this front.

The Hibernian Clubstore no longer stocks Large or Extra Large away strips and will not be getting these back in stock.

I don't understand how this is possible before the season has even started in circumstances where we are trying to maximise Club income.

With regard to the 2 for 1 strip offer, it seems irresponsible to include this as party of the early bird season ticket deal and be unable to deliber on the promise. I accept that there is mention of the offer being "subject to availability", but no reasonable person could expect there to be no stock of Large or Extra Large away strips at this stage.

It's very disappointing, especially given that one of the early bird promised has already fallen (due to the absence of Rangers from the SPL) although I accept this is not the Club's fault. Seemingly adopting an attitude where promises made on season ticket offers become disposable once the Club has the money leaves a bad taste in the mouth and will no doubt be remembered by some when the Club are asking for our money up front next season.

Does anybody know who the best person to contact at the Club would be in this regard?

Kojock
19-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Apologies for starting another thread about the strip vouchers, but was quite shocked at the lack of planning and organisation from Hibs on this front.

The Hibernian Clubstore no longer stocks Large or Extra Large away strips and will not be getting these back in stock.

I don't understand how this is possible before the season has even started in circumstances where we are trying to maximise Club income.

With regard to the 2 for 1 strip offer, it seems irresponsible to include this as party of the early bird season ticket deal and be unable to deliber on the promise. I accept that there is mention of the offer being "subject to availability", but no reasonable person could expect there to be no stock of Large or Extra Large away strips at this stage.

It's very disappointing, especially given that one of the early bird promised has already fallen (due to the absence of Rangers from the SPL) although I accept this is not the Club's fault. Seemingly adopting an attitude where promises made on season ticket offers become disposable once the Club has the money leaves a bad taste in the mouth and will no doubt be remembered by some when the Club are asking for our money up front next season.

Does anybody know who the best person to contact at the Club would be in this regard?

Not doubting what you were told but my mate went to the shop today and he likewise found they had no XL or XXL tops however they said that they were expecting a delivery either late this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He walked out empty handed. What he should have done was purchase two tops using his voucher then returned them next week for the size he required. :aok:

edinburghhibee
19-07-2012, 04:42 PM
In fairness to Hibs the away top has been out for some time now, why has it taken you so long to collect it??:confused:

Hibby_Paul
19-07-2012, 05:03 PM
It does seem like bad planning. Surely every year they are the most popular sizes, especially as puma tops are a bit tighter than others so many need a size up.

I got my away top on first day (I'm normaly not such a keen bean!) but still annoyed with this.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 05:21 PM
It does seem like bad planning. Surely every year they are the most popular sizes, especially as puma tops are a bit tighter than others so many need a size up.

I got my away top on first day (I'm normaly not such a keen bean!) but still annoyed with this.

I guess it can be tricky to judge stock and can only go on previous sales. The last thing they need is to be buying stock they then can't sell causing us to lose more money.

You'd think we could get some more made though?

Future17
19-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Not doubting what you were told but my mate went to the shop today and he likewise found they had no XL or XXL tops however they said that they were expecting a delivery either late this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He walked out empty handed. What he should have done was purchase two tops using his voucher then returned them next week for the size he required. :aok:

I think the delivery was home strips only.

In fairness to Hibs the away top has been out for some time now, why has it taken you so long to collect it??:confused:

Couldn't really afford to until now.

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed about not getting the strip, but I'm more baffled by the lack of planning and the consequences. Surely we hope to sell strips to some extent throughout the season to people (tourists etc) visiting the stadium for games? That's what I do when abroad.

Given that we only sell direct through the Clubstore, surely a sizeable order should be placed at the start of the season - or at least the option to re-order more if the initial batch run out?

silverhibee
19-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Bad crack if you ask me.

allezsauzee
19-07-2012, 05:56 PM
The strip has sold out in this size and they stop selling and yet they always end up selling stuff at a fraction of the price to get rid. Seems to me like they should buy more of the stuff that sells well and less of the guff that people don't buy.......or is that just a ridiculous idea?

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Having picked mines up on the saturday the home shirt was released i have not had call to wear them, XL is snug but as there is no XXL now im left with no option but to actually diet :grr: :greengrin

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 05:59 PM
The strip has sold out in this size and they stop selling and yet they always end up selling stuff at a fraction of the price to get rid. Seems to me like they should buy more of the stuff that sells well and less of the guff that people don't buy.......or is that just a ridiculous idea?

But how do they Know whats gonna sell well ? Dont get me wrong you would think someone having seen a sample of the home shirt would have said AYE CLASSIC ORDER MORE :agree:

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Bad crack if you ask me.

Season not even started, it's ****ing appalling. WTF is running that side of the business, or not as it would appear.

I used to have the numbers for strips home and away sold for the hibs from a few seasons ago. I think people would be amazed at the numbers ( big numbers, tens of thousands).

Rank amateurs!

allezsauzee
19-07-2012, 06:39 PM
But how do they Know whats gonna sell well ? Dont get me wrong you would think someone having seen a sample of the home shirt would have said AYE CLASSIC ORDER MORE :agree:

They know whats selling by the fact that there's none left on the hangers....then they order more!

silverhibee
19-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Season not even started, it's ****ing appalling. WTF is running that side of the business, or not as it would appear.

I used to have the numbers for strips home and away sold for the hibs from a few seasons ago. I think people would be amazed at the numbers ( big numbers, tens of thousands).

Rank amateurs!

I did plan to go and use my voucher today to get the home and away top but my front hedge seems to be more important to the missus, :rolleyes:, but by reading this i take it it will be a waste of time going to the shop tomorrow to get XL tops with the voucher, FFS running out of tops and the season hasn't even started yet, did someone not realise that they were selling out of certain sized tops and think, maybe we should get more stock in of that size, how bleeping hard is that, a bleeping joke.

And if true you will not be able to get the top ever again as they have no plans to get more stock in, bleeping have a word with yourself who ever deals with the club shop stuff, bleeping joke the boss asking the fans to dig deep and buy a ST but you can't get a strip if you want one from the club shop to buy for yourself after putting up £400+ to watch the team.

Very Poor Show From Hibs. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 06:51 PM

The original deadline of 9th July for the vouchers is long gone, maybe the real mistake is the club extending the deadline. Folk like me who bought early in relation to the first deadline date surely had no problems in size availibility.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:55 PM
The original deadline of 9th July for the vouchers is long gone, maybe the real mistake is the club extending the deadline. Folk like me who bought early in relation to the first deadline date surely had no problems in size availibility.

To be out of sizes prior to the season starts is poor planning. To say they won't be getting those sizes in is ****ing crazy. No business acumen in my book, not surprising really as this stems from the top!

tamsonsbairn
19-07-2012, 07:00 PM
I would be asking if they don't have your size and are unlikely to be getting any more in. What if you were to ask very nicely if you could have one of the new training tops instead. just my idea, but it might be a better alternative for the club rather than having to buy more tops. :hibees

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 07:01 PM
To be out of sizes prior to the season starts is poor planning. To say they won't be getting those sizes in is ****ing crazy. No business acumen in my book, not surprising really as this stems from the top!

Demand was based on the average home gate last season and not the cup final crowd. :greengrin

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 07:45 PM
They know whats selling by the fact that there's none left on the hangers....then they order more!

Do you really think they wont get more in ? i would imgine more have been ordered but as we dont deal with Puma it probably takes longer :agree:

Future17
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM

That would be the real mistake if the real problem was early bird season ticket holders not getting their money's worth. That's just a very disappointing side problem - albeit it reflects exceptionally poorly on the Club in my eyes.

The real problem is that we keep being told how desperate we are for income as a Club and the current effect of this ridiculous situation means we are losing out on cash which could have been going into the coffers.

I did plan to go and use my voucher today to get the home and away top but my front hedge seems to be more important to the missus, , but by reading this i take it it will be a waste of time going to the shop tomorrow to get XL tops with the voucher, FFS running out of tops and the season hasn't even started yet, did someone not realise that they were selling out of certain sized tops and think, maybe we should get more stock in of that size, how bleeping hard is that, a bleeping joke.

I just ended up buying the home top in large and getting a medium away strip. That way, if the situation changes in any way, I can take the medium back and swap it. Not holding out much hope, but better having it than not.

Cammy
19-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Do you really think they wont get more in ? i would imgine more have been ordered but as we dont deal with Puma it probably takes longer :agree:

I was told on 3 seperate occassions (not that I didn't believe them first time :wink: ) by people in the club shop that they will not be getting any more stock of the away tops from Puma. However, it seems that they will continue to get more of the home tops in. I ended up with an XL in home top :thumbsup: but had to get a L in away :boo hoo: (need to work on the moobs :rolleyes: ).

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I just ended up buying the home top in large and getting a medium away strip. That way, if the situation changes in any way, I can take the medium back and swap it. Not holding out much hope, but better having it than not.

That was what I did - there were no XL away strips (not for me BTW :wink:) so the lassie in the shop said just take an XXL and exchange it when they get some in. When the lassie told me this morning that it was very unlikely they would be getting more XLs made I asked if I could get a refund - she said yes. So Hibs would lose out £40 since I got the strip with the free voucher. Absolutely crazy. But so typical Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 08:17 PM
That was what I did - there were no XL away strips (not for me BTW :wink:) so the lassie in the shop said just take an XXL and exchange it when they get some in. When the lassie told me this morning that it was very unlikely they would be getting more XLs made I asked if I could get a refund - she said yes. So Hibs would lose out £40 since I got the strip with the free voucher. Absolutely crazy. But so typical Hibs.

You wont get £40 back for a top bought with a voucher, it says voucher used on your receipt to prevent this happening. Or at least it does on mine.

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:29 PM
[/B]
You wont get £40 back for a top bought with a voucher, it says voucher used on your receipt to prevent this happening. Or at least it does on mine.

When she said I would get a refund I assumed it was as a gesture to compensate for Hibs' ineptitude. But I'm not going to try, thought I'd ask as I was understandably a bit annoyed and surprised.

3pm
19-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I have a 3XL and a medium!!!

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I was told on 3 seperate occassions (not that I didn't believe them first time :wink: ) by people in the club shop that they will not be getting any more stock of the away tops from Puma. However, it seems that they will continue to get more of the home tops in. I ended up with an XL in home top :thumbsup: but had to get a L in away :boo hoo: (need to work on the moobs :rolleyes: ).

My Moobs are now beyond help lol i can i guess understand the away shirt not being restocked (but if its crazy popular why wouldnt they)as they will soon do the 3rd shirt :wink:

greenlad
19-07-2012, 09:02 PM

I had this issue on Saturday and emailed Russell Smith, Commercial Manager - rsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Good Evening Russell

It is with some regret that I make my first ever complaint to Hibernian FC, where I have held a season-ticket since 1994, making this coming season my 19th consecutive as a season-ticket holder. I always renew my season ticket as an "Early-Bird" whether we have Scottish Cup Finals to look forward to or otherwise. Although the main attraction in renewing early each year is to guarantee the same seat, I also take satisfaction is paying up-front, contributing to the manager's player budget. However any extra "offers" such as the "Buy an away shirt and get a home shirt free" offer are also appreciated.

On Saturday 14th July I travelled to the Hibernian Clubstore at Easter Road fully intending to redeem my voucher and pick up both the home and away shirts. Trying on the shirts I decided that the XL shirt was just a touch tight but the XXXL shirt was way too wide! Therefore it became clear that I would need to buy both shirts in size XXL. However there were none of these on the racks.

I approached the counter and made my request only to be told there were no XXL short-sleeved shirts in stock. "No problem", I said "I accept you've been busy - I will happily redeem my voucher now to take advantage of the offer, pay the sum outstanding and patiently wait on the more stock arriving, no problem if it's a few weeks" (I did likewise in a previous year - maybe 2006? - when the store ran out of my size early on, so I know this has been possible) - I would have thought this to be a fair & reasonable request in any customer service environment.

Imagine my disappointment when I was curtly advised that no orders could be taken, I would not be able to redeem the vouchers as NO MORE XXL SHORT-SLEEVED SHIRTS WILL BE ORDERED BY HIBERNIAN FC WHATSOEVER - I could understand if this was after Christmas and there was a lack of interest but the facts are as follows:

1) The strips have only been on sale for a matter of weeks (the home kit little over 2 weeks!)
2) The new season does not start for another 3 weeks
3) The "offer" for "Early Bird" season ticket holders was heavily advertised and possibly swayed me into renewing my season ticket quite so early
4) The new home kit in particular is still being heavily marketed on the Club Website
5) Hibernian FC kits are only available from the Hibernian FC Club Store

I find this stock policy decision unsatisfactory, inexplicable and extremely short-sighted. The very fact that the XXL shirts sold out so quickly would indicate that there is a large market for these and that a further run would be just as much in demand. Additionally what would the Club do if they sign a player who requires this size of kit?

For the first time in my life, I have been unable to purchase the latest Hibs kit. For this to be the case in the middle of July is quite simply unheard of. By turning away my custom in refusing to redeem my voucher (which I tried to do well within the advertised period) Hibernian FC have denied me the one of the heavily-advertised "perks" of renewing my season-ticket early & up-front, through no fault of my own.

I look forward to your advices as to how you intend to redress this issue.

Kind Regards

To Hibs' credit I got a quick and politely worded response from Russell:

Thank you for your email. Firstly thank you for renewing your season ticket, your commitment is very much appreciated by everyone at Hibernian Football Club.

The demand for both of this seasons kits has been phenomenal which has resulted in certain sizes of shirts selling out very quickly. I appreciate that this will be frustrating however we base our purchasing decisions on sales of the previous season. Sales forecasts were made on the basis and fact that as recently as March 2012 we were sitting on extremely high levels of XL, XXL and XXXL stock. Clearly this season's kit has proven to be far more popular and has sold out within weeks of it arriving with us. I’m sure you will appreciate that educated decisions had to be made at the time of order and the demand has resulted in your size now not being available.

With regards to your voucher, the terms and conditions clearly state that the offer is subject to availability. Again I appreciate that this will be frustrating however a high percentage of the vouchers were redeemed as soon as the home kit was available three weeks ago hence the reason for sizes now no longer being available.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Russell

However I feel that the response given hides behind "availability" clauses and basically skirts the main issue, ie the total lack of any contingency plan to get the most popular sizes in back in stock AT ALL. The point Russell makes about others redeeming their vouchers straight away (ie before me) is valid but the very fact that the "offer" was extended would suggest that stock was not seen as being a problem. I could have redeemed earlier but decided not to as I knew the offer was extended. As I said I've being getting Hibs shirts since about 1985 (when I wasn't an XXL!) and have never been aware of any issue with certain sizes going out of stock early, other than the instance I quoted a few years back where the staff were only too happy to accept my payment and put me on the priority list for the new batch when they arrived. Certainly not in MID JULY 3 weeks before the start of season. If this years stock order was an educated decision I would hate to see an uneducated one. :confused:

Although I can live without my 2 kits its more indicative of the general malaise and half-hearted approach to serving their customers that seems to be spreading throughout the club. The impression given is that of a sinking ship with no-one willing to take ownership, hold their hands up and GET THINGS SORTED rather than hiding behind voucher T&Cs. Its as though they are doing us the favour rather than the other way around.

New kits being launched once a year are one of the few times that any football club (certainly unfashionable clubs like Hibs) has a captive market, very keen, if not desperate to throw money at it to buy one of its products almost regardless of quality. In mid-July Hibs should be screaming from the rooftops to all & sundry about the new kits, which should be backed up by stocking the clubstore from Floor to ceiling in the shop. Instead of the rather sorry display that greeted me on Saturday.

3pm
19-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Did the season ticket literature state that the 2 for 1 offer was 'subject to availability'?

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Did the season ticket literature state that the 2 for 1 offer was 'subject to availability'?

Yes stated on the voucher.

Ah wait, you asked about the literature not the voucher! I'm not sure .

3pm
19-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes stated on the voucher.

Season ticket purchased before you got your hands on the voucher fella.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Season ticket purchased before you got your hands on the voucher fella.

Too quick for my correction :greengrin

Yes it did say in the literature I have just checked.

HibeeBigFly
19-07-2012, 09:27 PM
If you wanted could you get 2 home strips instead with the voucher?

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 09:29 PM
If you wanted could you get 2 home strips instead with the voucher?

No

3pm
19-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Too quick for my correction :greengrin

Yes it did say in the literature I have just checked.

It said the shirt offer was subject to availability in the renewal pack?

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 09:31 PM
It said the shirt offer was subject to availability in the renewal pack?

Yes

3pm
19-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes

Still bollocks! :o)

DH1875
19-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm still waiting on my voucher :faf:. It's totally ridiculous IF the club have selt out in any size of jersey and have no plans to order more.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Still bollocks! :o)

:greengrin