PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket incentives

Bob Box Fish
19-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Lets be honest after the dross of the last few seasons / cup final the majority of season ticket renewals will have already taken place.

Three thousand renewals won't appear out of fresh air so what about suggestions from fans regarding the season ticket scheme to give more incentive to get more fans on board. Again, if the board are serious about getting more renewals / new members they need to work with the fans.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Partial season tickets- you can pay up front now for a proportion of games ie minimum 10.

Shared season ticket- split the cost between two people ideal for those who can't attend every week through work / personal commitments.

Half season ticket- from now to December so if Rod has dropped another bollock on the recruitment front then you only have to put up with it again until December!

Any useful ideas could then be out forward to the club from a fans perspective.

I personally would pay for a partial season ticket even though I know I wouldn't make the ten games more like 5.

Thoughts?

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 10:46 AM
If the club showed they mean what they say, then they should commit 50% on top of what is raised by ST sales from now on till the season starts, towards the players budget, maybe then we will get a team on the pitch that is not an embarassment. Hibs have to show some commitment too.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 10:49 AM
If the club showed they mean what they say, then they should commit 50% on top of what is raised by ST sales from now on till the season starts, towards the players budget, maybe then we will get a team on the pitch that is not an embarassment. Hibs have to show some commitment too.

I'm equally baffled on this thread on this one.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Maybe didn't get it across clearly, basically if Hibs said for every ST sold between now and the season starting they would put all that money plus an additional 50% direct from Hibs ( even if it was a bank loan) towards the playing squad. it would show they are being as commited as the supporters and may encourage mote ST sales.
hope that helps.

Peevemor
19-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Maybe didn't get it across clearly, basically if Hibs said for every ST sold between now and the season starting they would put all that money plus an additional 50% direct from Hibs ( even if it was a bank loan) towards the playing squad. it would show they are being as commited as the supporters and may encourage mote ST sales.
hope that helps.

I'm glad you're not my boss. I'd be on the dole in no time.

LeighLoyal
19-07-2012, 11:09 AM
It would help the cause if they got in a few more faces before kick off. We've lost a good player in Osbourne, we're also down GOC, Griffiths and other loan guys that were decent players.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm glad you're not my boss. I'd be on the dole in no time.

I can't see them getting 3000 ST sold in any other way.

They have to show that supporters are not the only ones coughing up. It would probably only amount to an additional £500,000 loan which I am sure they would get back in walk up supports if the team were doing well.

2000 walk up evey home game = approx £40,000 x 18 home games = £720,000
So loan is paid back within a season.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 11:55 AM
hope that helps.

Word last week is that we have £1.3 m in from STs with usual staff costs at about £4 m per annum.

Hibs are putting quite a bit of other sources of money into the budget.

We don't have what we don't have though and loans cost money that cuts further into future budgets.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 12:04 PM
£1.3m is roughly 3500 st sales, thought we had sold 6500 ???
Still not enough,but can you see where I am coming from, people are past the stage of buying on blind faith.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Still not enough,but can you see where I am coming from, people are past the stage of buying on blind faith.

Can I see the working out of this sum please ?

PatHead
19-07-2012, 12:17 PM
An additional category, equivalent of a country golf membership whereby people can get a reduced season allowing them, say 8 or 10 games, if they live more than 50 miles away.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 12:19 PM

An average season ticket nets Hibs about £200.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Was going on £400 per season ticket as that is where most people sit, East and West stand. Even taking that to £300 average means 4500 STs sold.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 12:24 PM

Ah I see what he has done, the old everyone with a season book is aged between 19 and 64 in full time employment equation

Lofarl
19-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Has anyone actually got their season ticket yet?

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Was going on £400 per season ticket as that is where most people sit, East and West stand. Even taking that to £300 average means 4500 STs sold.

Oh dear I will make this easy, kids, students, seniors and disabled tickets are not 400quid

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 12:48 PM

The average ticket IS £200.. Full stop.

The club have announced that. It is not open to interpretation any more

Lucius Apuleius
19-07-2012, 12:52 PM
An additional category, equivalent of a country golf membership whereby people can get a reduced season allowing them, say 8 or 10 games, if they live more than 50 miles away.

I actually suggested that by email but never received an answer so I just bought a full one even though I will be lucky to get 5 games.

Future17
19-07-2012, 12:54 PM

That's actually 2 full stops. :wink:

On the general subject of re-igniting interest in buying a season ticket, if Hibs re-opened applications for paying in instalments (even over a shorter period) I would buy one.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 12:56 PM

It's a great idea my only concern is that people could abuse the system

Andy74
19-07-2012, 12:57 PM

On the general subject of re-igniting interest in buying a season ticket, if Hibs re-opened applications for paying in instalments (even over a shorter period) I would buy one.

They'd be crazy not to look at a way of doing that now.

Mind you - credit card and pay what you would have done to Hibs? Mayve swap right away to a card with a zero deal?

1875Sean
19-07-2012, 01:01 PM
They need to look at extending the monthly dd payment plan, no way we will get the 3000 extra season tickets wanted but numbers would increase if you can pay it up rather than finding an extra £400 plus in the next few weeks

Sergio sledge
19-07-2012, 01:03 PM

On you go..... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/pre-season-payment-plan_2262950_2853567)

ALF TUPPER
19-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Good work Hibs.

Many netters being asking for a payment plan to be reintroduced. Step up folks and get your Season Tickets.

See you all at Easter Road

:flag:

Beefster
19-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Luckily for you, they've just announced today that you can pay for your ST in two interest-free instalments.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 01:10 PM
The number is 200 ;-) also you didn't come up with an idea you simply suggested the club take on debt to prove to you they mean business

Future17
19-07-2012, 01:11 PM

I think an avearge season ticket is about £200. I may be wrong though.

On you go..... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/pre-season-payment-plan_2262950_2853567)

In the right direction, but it's still £200 odd quid now before approximately 4 months to put aside £50 each. The latter part is fine, but with holiday costs etc. at this time of year, the £200 could be a problem for some.

Having thought about it more, I think I might just buy an average season ticket...I think they're about £200.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 01:14 PM

In the right direction, but it's still £200 odd quid now before approximately 4 months to put aside £50 each. The latter part is fine, but with holiday costs etc. at this time of year, the £200 could be a problem for some.

Having thought about it more, I think I might just buy an average season ticket...I think they're about £200.

Yeah I would spend £200 for an average ST to watch an average football team.

But surprise surprise that is not realistic.

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Your posts are boring everyone. Defo a lightweight Hibee.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 01:48 PM

Haha name calling now, Were you not moning about getting Abuse ? you are doing well with this :thumbsup:

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Haha name calling now, Were you not moning about getting Abuse ? you are doing well with this :thumbsup:

See you live up to your name, on school holidays are we, time you went back toEnglish class,... moning ha, ha.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 02:10 PM
See you live up to your name, on school holidays are we, time you went back to English class,... moning ha, ha. haha 1 spelling mistake compaired to the you have come out with :wink: i can take that :agree:

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 02:13 PM
hope that helps.

PS "mote ST sales" YER GID KEN:greengrin

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Good job you are not a fish son, you wouldn't get past the minnow stage.

Monts
19-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Now now ladies :greengrin

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Good job you are not a fish son, you wouldn't get past the minnow stage.
To be fair im hardly caught, Its you thats getting all humpty turning into the spelling police calling folk ******s and tits, i remain calm enjoying a day off (from work:wink:) watching the golf and reading your amazing half million bank loan theory :greengrin

MSK
19-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Good job you are not a fish son, you wouldn't get past the minnow stage.Give it a rest please guy's ..

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 03:00 PM
BACK ON TOPIC.....

We have to remember that every incentive that Hibs offers the fans comes with a price attached to it. No such thing as a free lunch.

One idea to promote more season ticket sales could be to lock in the current season ticket price for the next two years for everyone who buys a season ticket this year.

While I agree that the payment plan is helpful for Hibees, it doesn't really help the club at this point in time. However, it will mean they can budget for that money for January.

An idea for the fans. If you think there's even the remotest chance that you will be buying a season ticket for next year, start saving, then you don't need to worry about where the money is coming from next year. If you decide not to renew then you will have a couple of hundred quid to spend.

I have no idea if this is even a starter but maybe Hibs could create an account for Hibees to save for future season ticket sales. Interest earned would go to the club. What incentive is there for the fans to do that if Hibs get all the interest? Why not save the money in your own account and earn interest yourself? Well, the point of the exercise is to (a) help you budget for next season, and (b) support Hibs financially. You wouldn't be losing money, you simply wouldn't be making any. Perhaps the club could throw fans a club shop voucher or something - but not something of great monetary value as it defeats the purpose i.e., providing the club with more money.

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 03:18 PM
BACK ON TOPIC.....

We have to remember that every incentive that Hibs offers the fans comes with a price attached to it. No such thing as a free lunch.

One idea to promote more season ticket sales could be to lock in the current season ticket price for the next two years for everyone who buys a season ticket this year.

While I agree that the payment plan is helpful for Hibees, it doesn't really help the club at this point in time. However, it will mean they can budget for that money for January.

An idea for the fans. If you think there's even the remotest chance that you will be buying a season ticket for next year, start saving, then you don't need to worry about where the money is coming from next year. If you decide not to renew then you will have a couple of hundred quid to spend.

I have no idea if this is even a starter but maybe Hibs could create an account for Hibees to save for future season ticket sales. Interest earned would go to the club. What incentive is there for the fans to do that if Hibs get all the interest? Why not save the money in your own account and earn interest yourself? Well, the point of the exercise is to (a) help you budget for next season, and (b) support Hibs financially. You wouldn't be losing money, you simply wouldn't be making any. Perhaps the club could throw fans a club shop voucher or something - but not something of great monetary value as it defeats the purpose i.e., providing the club with more money.

I think and i could be wrong that as zebra do the payment plan hibs get all the cash upfront from them so the club does not have to wait for the cash:thumbsup: I bought mine while there was still a chance we would not be playing SPL football so got all the perks, I would have no issue however with the club offering the same deal as we got if it helps the club earlybird or not we should all be in this together. The bank idea is a good one we went to the Allianz Arena for an 1860 game and you get a payment card that you load with cash to buy Beer,Food,shirts etc and tickets, good idea if you could load it up and have something towards your ST too

Monts
19-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I think and i could be wrong that as zebra do the payment plan hibs get all the cash upfront from them so the club does not have to wait for the cash:thumbsup: I bought mine while there was still a chance we would not be playing SPL football so got all the perks, I would have no issue however with the club offering the same deal as we got if it helps the club earlybird or not we should all be in this together. The bank idea is a good one we went to the Allianz Arena for an 1860 game and you get a payment card that you load with cash to buy Beer,Food,shirts etc and tickets, good idea if you could load it up and have something towards your ST too

Thats what I was imagining when reading Max's post. If you you could get a 'hibs card' which can be used for anything hibernian i think it could be a goer. Not like a gift card, where money is loaded on, but more like a hibs debit card that can only be used on hibs things. Tickets, merchandise, food/drink etc. Then any interest goes to the club.

That would mean it could be used as a saving scheme for season tickets, or just as a way to help the club. Most likely though the startup costs of a scheme like this would be prohibitive.

hibsdaft70
19-07-2012, 03:31 PM

I agree. I would think that cost is the main barrier to having a season ticket. I know I would not be able to afford one without the payment plan. With the finance being with Zebra Finance surely the club could come to some agreement with them. the club get paid in full and the repayments are made to Zebra.

greenwell glory
19-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm one of the 2000, after 15 years with a ST I never renewed for every one of the reasons the chairman mentioned, then I read his statement, nearly choke with guilt and this lunchtime head to the ticket office in the hope of getting a parent and (free) child ticket for the FF, only 250 available but, it costs way more than I am willing to pay but the tache has almost got me.

They are sold out, no surprise. The cheapest for me and the boy is £465 and there's no compromise as the computer says no. So I walk out of the ticket office with the £350 still in my pooch with the feeling that my suggestions fell on pretty deaf ears, its a lot of dosh in this climate but I would actually feel like I had got a deal.

So as an incentive can we not increase the parent and child numbers above 250, fill the usually empty side parts of the stadium so those who have paid for thier kids have had the benefit of choosing their seat. It would get my dosh, otherwise its pick and choose my games.

GGTTH

cocopops1875
19-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm one of the 2000, after 15 years with a ST I never renewed for every one of the reasons the chairman mentioned, then I read his statement, nearly choke with guilt and this lunchtime head to the ticket office in the hope of getting a parent and (free) child ticket for the FF, only 250 available but, it costs way more than I am willing to pay but the tache has almost got me.

They are sold out, no surprise. The cheapest for me and the boy is £465 and there's no compromise as the computer says no. So I walk out of the ticket office with the £350 still in my pooch with the feeling that my suggestions fell on pretty deaf ears, its a lot of dosh in this climate but I would actually feel like I had got a deal.

So as an incentive can we not increase the parent and child numbers above 250, fill the usually empty side parts of the stadium so those who have paid for thier kids have had the benefit of choosing their seat. It would get my dosh, otherwise its pick and choose my games.

GGTTH
that's a shame greenwell, agree that we should be finding ways to fill the ground, kids are the future and also likely to be the reason that many adults renew next year and for years to come. Just out of interest the 250 tickets when did they sell out ? I mean did some early birds not get this deal either ? I suppose it starts to eat into cash but every adult paying 400+ should be entitled to a free kids ticket

iainm1875
19-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I emailed Easter Rd earlier suggesting offering discount vouchers to existing ST holders do that they could entice family and friends back to the club. I also mentioned Buy 1 get 1 free offers for kids. I need 1 adult & 2 kids but £645 for the east stand is just too much.

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Aye, like a 'carnet' ticket book you sometimes get for buses, trains or ferries. It's a bundle of tickets in a booklet made to be detachable. So you could get a book of say 10 tickets valid for that season and there would be a price saving to the fan but also still some of the benefits to the club of getting money up front.

Lets be honest after the dross of the last few seasons / cup final the majority of season ticket renewals will have already taken place.

Three thousand renewals won't appear out of fresh air so what about suggestions from fans regarding the season ticket scheme to give more incentive to get more fans on board. Again, if the board are serious about getting more renewals / new members they need to work with the fans.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

Partial season tickets- you can pay up front now for a proportion of games ie minimum 10.

Shared season ticket- split the cost between two people ideal for those who can't attend every week through work / personal commitments.

Half season ticket- from now to December so if Rod has dropped another bollock on the recruitment front then you only have to put up with it again until December!

Any useful ideas could then be out forward to the club from a fans perspective.

I personally would pay for a partial season ticket even though I know I wouldn't make the ten games more like 5.

Thoughts?

ronaldo7
19-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Get yer cash oot ya tight wad.:cb

Andy74
19-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Aye, like a 'carnet' ticket book you sometimes get for buses, trains or ferries. It's a bundle of tickets in a booklet made to be detachable. So you could get a book of say 10 tickets valid for that season and there would be a price saving to the fan but also still some of the benefits to the club of getting money up front.

The membership was open for long enough and that would have allowed games to be added on an ad hoc basis whenever.

silverhibee
19-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Has anyone actually got their season ticket yet?

Nope.

Not to sure i want it either. :greengrin

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Thats what I was imagining when reading Max's post. If you you could get a 'hibs card' which can be used for anything hibernian i think it could be a goer. Not like a gift card, where money is loaded on, but more like a hibs debit card that can only be used on hibs things. Tickets, merchandise, food/drink etc. Then any interest goes to the club.

That would mean it could be used as a saving scheme for season tickets, or just as a way to help the club. Most likely though the startup costs of a scheme like this would be prohibitive.

I suggested something similar to this many years ago. I'm not claiming to be the brainchild behind it, just that I made that suggestion. The card would be your season ticket and everything else you listed. I know this might not seem like a big deal but imagine going to the game on a Saturday without needing to take any cash with you? I'm obviously excluding pre-game libations, etc. You go to the club shop and buy whatever you want / need on your card. You pick up tickets with your card. You buy concessions with your card. All of this builds up points that can be redeemed on future purchases. Maybe if you spend more than X pounds on it you qualify for a larger ticket allocation for bigger games e.g., two tickets instead of one. There really are a large number of ways this could be used. You can track fans' spending trends and give them deals that will appeal to them. Expand it further and include local businesses. And so on.

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 07:23 PM

GGTTH

Hold on! You're saying that the special rate for parent and child is limited to 250!!!!! That's absurd. How often do we fill ER? Exactly. We should be putting bums in seats. That number HAS to be raised. Not enough physical seats? Open it up to other areas of the ground.

greenwell glory
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Hold on! You're saying that the special rate for parent and child is limited to 250!!!!! That's absurd. How often do we fill ER? Exactly. We should be putting bums in seats. That number HAS to be raised. Not enough physical seats? Open it up to other areas of the ground.

Yup, only 250 adults with a free hibs kid, 500 bums on seats at £355 a pop, £91250 in the taches tail including £10 for the hibs kid membership but all sold as you would hope. My £355 is still in my pooch, no one at the ticket office would take it today because the computer said no.

Those who have since paid for thier kid would be a bit peeved if the offer came back, so why not offer up 1000 packages in the sections that are always empty, like the ends of the FF and East. You dont get to pick your section softening the blow to those who have paid.

Sell 1000 of these packages, puts an extra 2000 on the gate including the new blood, £365000 to the tache, thats your hun dosh back.

GGTTH

hibee
19-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Limit was 250 adults, 250 kids and you had to move to the FF lower. I was an early bird renewal and wanted to get the kids their first season tickets for free but wasn't prepared to move away from my mates so this will have put off many I would imagine, I paid for them to sit beside me but I can't see why all kids can't be free or at least a nominal fee, either do that or lose them forever!

PatHead
19-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Just woken up and had a manificent dream which means I've now got a cunning, foolproof plan to raise money. Why don't Hibs sell our season tickets to a third party up front for the next 3 years. Rod can guarantee it personally. We won't give them it back either way. In addition we won't bother paying our taxes to reduce our outgoings. We can give the press a lamb dinner and they won't say anything............despite this everyone will love us and want us to win the league.

StokePogesHibs
20-07-2012, 04:35 AM

GGTTH

Pm me. I have an idea for you.

HibsMax
20-07-2012, 01:48 PM
More free tickets for kids would, I think, make money for Hibs even though there is someone sitting in an unpaid seat. How? Because (a) the seat would be empty anyway, and (b) empty seats don't buy programs or concessions. I hope Hibs look into this. Not only could it generate more money, it should help generate a better atmosphere as the stadium will be more full. AND, we're attracting the next generation of Hibs fans, something that the current team on the park is doing little to do.

SMAXXA
20-07-2012, 03:09 PM
My post from yesterday on another thread -

Here's a thought, we always seem to incentivise buying a season ticket when we get to a cup final to guarantee your ticket, why not be proactive instead and offer for each season ticket purchased you will get a free cup semi & fiinal ticket should we get there!!!!! Mind with this squad it would be a safe bet we wouldnt get to another one of these :greengrin

Here's another, as part of the Incentives to buy a season ticket you get Hibs TV and you also get exclusive access to a Live webchat service with The Manager and selected players each week where you can interact and ask any questions direct to the source for information. "Why did you sub Ivan on Saturday Pat", "What positions are you looking for players" " Why are we gash and what you doing about it :wink:" etc, you get the jist! All ideas to increase the interaction with the supporters and give more incentives to be a registered season ticket holder.

Heres more -

x% Discount to hire out the Famous Five Suite for functions
Access to X open training sessions each season
Free Pie & Bovril X times a season (Not sure thats a benefit mind :greengrin)
Have a fan of the week draw where a season ticket holder drawn at random gets a profile on the website and or to meet the playing staff
Free stadium tours
Bring a friend for free voucher to X game(s)
For each recommended family / friend you get to take out a ST you get % of next years ST
Loyalty rewards - If you have heald a ST for X consecutive years you get a complimentary hospitality match day experience or meal in the FFS restaurant at a time of your choice
Some of the above may already exist I am purley giving some examples of ways to incentivise and convince more people to get ST's. Infact give me Hibs email address lol im going all the way to the source!!!!

Frogga
20-07-2012, 07:32 PM
How about if Hibs sell another 3,000 Sts then the ST holders get to mutually decide a 'dare' for Rod to do... Nothing too serious, maybe streaking at Tynecastle or doing some karaoke at Easter Road before a game of our choice :greengrin

kennyh
20-07-2012, 11:09 PM
I haven't had a ST for many years for various reasons and had no intention of getting one this season till I read Rods statement. I immediately put a form in the post with my £355 hoping the ST with free HK ST was still available. I knew it was a limited offer and expected none to be available but hoped common sense would prevail and they would release more at that price bracket as £355 to hibs from me now is better than the probable £250 they will get from me a walk up fan.
I did add a short letter outlining that it simply wasn't attractive to me to have to pay full whack for a ST for me and my lad as we can't make many games but to help the club I would commit to the original offer if still available.

I suggest any families out there call or send forms in and show that demand is there.

SouthamptonHibs
21-07-2012, 12:06 AM
No incentives required
price is decent to watch football around £22 per game and kids are cheap as chips. Hopefully we get the 3000 required ST's to free up cash to strenghten our squad hail hail

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2012, 05:12 AM
No incentives required
price is decent to watch football around £22 per game and kids are cheap as chips. Hopefully we get the 3000 required ST's to free up cash to strenghten our squad hail hail

DRUG TEST!!!!!!!!

:greengrin

Optimistic post from SH.

steviehibsleith
21-07-2012, 07:33 AM
No incentives required
When did you get out the rehab. £22 is a reasonable price to watch a football match but we finished 2nd bottom last season and football I watched last season reflected this. IMO £15should be average price

Just Alf
21-07-2012, 09:53 PM
When did you get out the rehab. £22 is a reasonable price to watch a football match but we finished 2nd bottom last season and football I watched last season reflected this. IMO £15should be average price

Very fair point....... although i think the real question is more along the lines of....... "if you can afford a season ticket how much are you prepared to give Pat towards buying players for your team next season, and as a thankyou you'll get to go along and see the team you've helped build"

Summat like that anyway :-)

IberianHibernian
21-07-2012, 10:17 PM
The membership was open for long enough and that would have allowed games to be added on an ad hoc basis whenever.

Think it was introduced in late December 2011 when crowds were desperately low and presumably money was needed to pay compensation for CC and to get new manager and give him some cash . It was withdrawn soon after (before end of February I think once possibility of reaching cup final came up I suppose ) .

Hibs Class
22-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Renewed ours yesterday. Disappointed the cup top-up wasn't part of the package and I could have used the free OF tickets. I get that these were part of the early bird offer so I renewed regardless, but I think Hibs should have recognised that these last few months have been unprecedented and should have pulled out all the stops, including the cup top-up for all STs no matter when bought.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Renewed ours yesterday. Disappointed the cup top-up wasn't part of the package and I could have used the free OF tickets. I get that these were part of the early bird offer so I renewed regardless, but I think Hibs should have recognised that these last few months have been unprecedented and should have pulled out all the stops, including the cup top-up for all STs no matter when bought.

I don't!

I renewed early despite the unprecedented events and qualified for the early bird benefits, I would be pretty pissed to see my loyalty devalued at this stage by giving latecomers the same benefits.

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't!

I renewed early despite the unprecedented events and qualified for the early bird benefits, I would be pretty pissed to see my loyalty devalued at this stage by giving latecomers the same benefits.

I renewed early, and wouldn't give a toss if they gave free tickets away now to every under 10. Another selfish post, well done sir scouse. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I renewed early, and wouldn't give a toss if they gave free tickets away now to every under 10. Another selfish post, well done sir scouse. :rolleyes:

:yawn:
:zzzzz!:

Hibs Class
22-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't!

You are right, I am a disloyal latecomer. Please forgive the impudence of my earlier post, I hope I didn't upset you too much with my comment. Perhaps what Rod should do is increase the price of a ST by a couple of quid each day, so that people who come even later than me have their relative disloyalty appropriately "rewarded"?

cocopops1875
22-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Have to say i am disappointed in your view scouse, I like you renewed early (while it could be a 1st div ticket) and got all the benefits, now since then much has changed and the clubs financial Outlook has been laid bare and if we can attract more season ticket holders by offering the same/similar deals then we should. I don't care at this stage its what's in our best interests and may well improve the team you and I watch.

cocopops1875
22-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Forgot to say though you newcomers cannie huv strips (in XL or XXL) coz the early birds got them :greengrin

Eyrie
22-07-2012, 06:58 PM
The problem with re-introducing the early bird benefits at this stage is that in future years, no-one will feel the need to renew early because the incentives will still be available at the last minute.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2012, 07:02 PM
You are right, I am a disloyal latecomer. Please forgive the impudence of my earlier post, I hope I didn't upset you too much with my comment. Perhaps what Rod should do is increase the price of a ST by a couple of quid each day, so that people who come even later than me have their relative disloyalty appropriately "rewarded"?

:agree: That's a great idea.

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Have to say i am disappointed in your view scouse, I like you renewed early (while it could be a 1st div ticket) and got all the benefits, now since then much has changed and the clubs financial Outlook has been laid bare and if we can attract more season ticket holders by offering the same/similar deals then we should. I don't care at this stage its what's in our best interests and may well improve the team you and I watch.

Entitled to your opinion mate, I'm equally disappointed in the folk that didn't give PF their backing early and thus provide a bigger pot to buy players with and who now feel they should benefit because circumstances have dictated our financial position being a good deal worse than it might have been.

marinello59
22-07-2012, 07:32 PM
I renewed early, and wouldn't give a toss if they gave free tickets away now to every under 10.

Couldn't agree more. Anything to sell more tickets. I renewed early but the incentives were no deal breaker..............goals and glory were enough for me. :greengrin

BoltonHibee
22-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't!

Me me me me me,

Scouse Hibee
22-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Me me me me me,

:giruy: :faf: :na na: Brilliant.

Emerald
22-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I thought going along to Easter Road on a freezing cold day paying £400 for a ST was bad entertainment? I then went to see Madonna, Easter Road now looks a better place. :agree:

kennyh
27-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Yup, only 250 adults with a free hibs kid, 500 bums on seats at £355 a pop, £91250 in the taches tail including £10 for the hibs kid membership but all sold as you would hope. My £355 is still in my pooch, no one at the ticket office would take it today because the computer said no.

Those who have since paid for thier kid would be a bit peeved if the offer came back, so why not offer up 1000 packages in the sections that are always empty, like the ends of the FF and East. You dont get to pick your section softening the blow to those who have paid.

Sell 1000 of these packages, puts an extra 2000 on the gate including the new blood, £365000 to the tache, thats your hun dosh back.

GGTTH

Folks, I think common sence prevailed as £355 for the "computer says no deal" was taken off my credit card last Saturday so I suggest you try again as Hibs have presumably taken away the limit on this offer.

1875Sean
27-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Had a few mates who supports teams down south in the Championship

Season Tickets prices down there are around £220 - £240

Albsoute shocked how low there are compare to the the spl, much better standard of player too

grunt
27-07-2012, 03:08 PM
The problem with re-introducing the early bird benefits at this stage is that in future years, no-one will feel the need to renew early because the incentives will still be available at the last minute.That's a very good point. (What's it doing on this thread??)

sixtwo
27-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Next year we should do away with concessionary tickets. No child prices, oap, or disabled tickets. Everyone pays 250 quid. It seems to me our pricing policy is attractive to the ones that get a discount but not to others. 400 for a standard ticket is steep. The club could try this as a one off. If we sell the same amount of tickets as this year we would raise the average price by 50 sheets. There would also be a significant saving on walk up prices therefore providing the much needed incentive

marinello59
27-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Next year we should do away with concessionary tickets. No child prices, oap, or disabled tickets. Everyone pays 250 quid. It seems to me our pricing policy is attractive to the ones that get a discount but not to others. 400 for a standard ticket is steep. The club could try this as a one off. If we sell the same amount of tickets as this year we would raise the average price by 50 sheets. There would also be a significant saving on walk up prices therefore providing the much needed incentive

No, I would keep them. Student discounts on the other hand..................:devil:

Lucius Apuleius
27-07-2012, 03:37 PM
No, I would keep them. Student discounts on the other hand..................:devil:

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

brog
27-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Had a few mates who supports teams down south in the Championship

Season Tickets prices down there are around £220 - £240

Albsoute shocked how low there are compare to the the spl, much better standard of player too

I'm not sure what teams they are but Crystal Palace are much more expensive than that. Concessions are around £200 - £230 but full prices are over £300, Brighton are similar. Like all leagues there's some good teams/bad teams, good players/bad players but I've seen some really dreadful games & some really poor players in the Championship.

brog
27-07-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure what teams they are but Crystal Palace are much more expensive than that. Concessions are around £200 - £230 but full prices are over £300, Brighton are similar. Like all leagues there's some good teams/bad teams, good players/bad players but I've seen some really dreadful games & some really poor players in the Championship.

Let me change this - I'm told by a Brighton season ticketholder their charges are from £425-£625, even Senior concessions are over £300. I think this is a good thread with some fine suggestions but reducing our basic price is difficult. If we reduce 8,000 seasons ( at £200!! ) by only £20 we need to sell nearly an extra 900 seasons to break even. Unfortunately that won't happen!

weecounty hibby
27-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Im currently on hols in south of france and was talking to a schalke 04 fan who told me they have well over 100,000 " members". Never got what that meant but as their stadium doesnt hold that many i guess they have some sort of scheme where you can be a member with certain benefits without actually having an ST. We need to keep our members scheme open all year round as a way of making money but also to keep fans interested when they cant afford a ST or just cant get along each week. Our board really need to stop looking to the English model and start looking towards the continent for ideas

1875Sean
29-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Cardiff and Blackburn Rover both nearly half price an both will spend ten times more on there squad than what we will

JohnStephens91
30-07-2012, 02:42 AM

To be fair I make hardly any money, I work part-time in a minimum wage job to be able to do things like go to the football and take driving lessons as well as funding for university books and travel to my campus. Because of this I barely had enough to scrape together for a £95 season ticket (have to admit that is way too cheap) back when STs went on sale. I would not have a problem with spending £355-£405 on a ST if I had the money, a lot of students will be in the same financial situation as I am too. I'd also like to point out that I don't go out drinking every third night of the week :wink:

Student tickets should remain but should be priced a bit higher than a regular concession ticket ie children and OAPs get theirs for £170 in the East but students pay £210. Adult tickets should be reduced down to £355 for the East and West too and the increases in sales will cancel out the debt made from the price increases and reductions.

But yeah, student prices should remain :cb

Lucius Apuleius
30-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Cardiff and Blackburn Rover both nearly half price an both will spend ten times more on there squad than what we will

Something sticks in my mind, but I am not 100% sure, that they get a wee bit more TV money than we do. Maybe that helps them keep prices down. Probably why they can afford more expensive players as well:confused:

blackpoolhibs
30-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Something sticks in my mind, but I am not 100% sure, that they get a wee bit more TV money than we do. Maybe that helps them keep prices down. Probably why they can afford more expensive players as well:confused:

:agree: I have heard this too, maybe someone could clarify this? :greengrin

Barney McGrew
30-07-2012, 06:45 AM
:agree: I have heard this too, maybe someone could clarify this? :greengrin

Oh go on then :greengrin

Their current TV deal is worth £264m over three years, plus another £24m from nPower for the naming rights. It's the sixth richest league in Europe and richest second tier league in the world.

Lucius Apuleius
30-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Oh go on then :greengrin

Their current TV deal is worth £264m over three years, plus another £24m from nPower for the naming rights. It's the sixth richest league in Europe and richest second tier league in the world.

Ah, see, that is good to know. That could maybe explain why they can have a smaller price on their STs?

1875Sean
30-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Ah, see, that is good to know. That could maybe explain why they can have a smaller price on their STs?

It’s obvious they get more TV revenue than the spl, just like saying the English premier league do as well, was just stating the difference in price is pretty big, can get it for a couple of hundred pound cheaper which is massive when you look at the quality of player on show

PatHead
30-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Guy at work has told me Hearts are now selling tickets in a block for first 3 home games of the season. Can't bring myself to see if they are getting a discount by looking at their website and he doesn't know. It would appear as though they have given up on season tickets if this is the case and are trying to raise cash up front this way.

Phil MaGlass
30-07-2012, 02:09 PM
How about this for an incentive, how aboot no changing kickoff times 6 days before a game is about to be ****ing played,:grr: and play the ****ing games at 3pm when games are supposed to be ****ing played ya ****ing clowns.:grr:
"We listened to the fans now they have to back us" aye the fans have backed you and now yi **** thum aboot with the kickoff times, ****ing *******s.:grr:

green&left
30-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Guy at work has told me Hearts are now selling tickets in a block for first 3 home games of the season. Can't bring myself to see if they are getting a discount by looking at their website and he doesn't know. It would appear as though they have given up on season tickets if this is the case and are trying to raise cash up front this way.

Don't think its cheaper for that 'offer', but they are offering a £1 discount per ticket if you purchase your ticket before midnight of the day of the game...

Lucius Apuleius
30-07-2012, 03:20 PM
It’s obvious they get more TV revenue than the spl, just like saying the English premier league do as well, was just stating the difference in price is pretty big, can get it for a couple of hundred pound cheaper which is massive when you look at the quality of player on show

Sure is.

Just Alf
30-07-2012, 04:12 PM
How about this for an incentive, how aboot no changing kickoff times 6 days before a game is about to be ****ing played,:grr: and play the ****ing games at 3pm when games are supposed to be ****ing played ya ****ing clowns.:grr:
"We listened to the fans now they have to back us" aye the fans have backed you and now yi **** thum aboot with the kickoff times, ****ing *******s.:grr:

may just be me... however I must say... I can't help but think something has irked you somewhat?

JohnStephens91
31-07-2012, 12:58 AM
may just be me... however I must say... I can't help but think something has irked you somewhat?

Nah just you

Just Alf
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Knew it!

:greengrin:

matty_f
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Would anyone buy a season ticket that was cheap but didn't include televised games?

Pete
02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Would anyone buy a season ticket that was cheap but didn't include televised games?

I'm sure plenty would but how would you know how many games would be televised? Would it be set in stone at the start of the season?

Pete
02-08-2012, 04:13 AM
This is my night off and I'm pretty leathered but I normally go to bed at around 7am anyway. Buying a season ticket would make no sense to me as I've explained in another thread but I'd looked at the accounts and realised that money can be released without her noticing until its too late! Sense goes out the window when you've had stella and you just want to back your team!

....yet I have to ****ing download two forms, fill the in forms and post them!

The £355 opportunity has gone!

I want to spend money but I'm getting so pissed off

matty_f
02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm sure plenty would but how would you know how many games would be televised? Would it be set in stone at the start of the season?

Suppose you'd base it on last season and take your chances...

You could have the option to add the tv games that you could make as and when you wanted.