PDA

View Full Version : Message from Our Chairman

Pages : [1] 2

BEEJ
19-07-2012, 09:12 AM
On official site at 10.00am this morning.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/a-message-from-the-chairman_2262950_2853570

ScottB
19-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I think what he says is fair enough. An ambitious target certainly.

Perhaps they should look into reintroducing the monthly instalment plan? That would help sell tickets I'm sure!

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Been saying much the same myself for weeks - whilst I can understand why anyone wouldn't want to renew, the only way that we can demonstrate how big a club we are (or think that we are) is for people to buy into it with STs and coming to games.

2nd place is now available in the SPL for a team that hasn't spent beyond its means, a situation that seemed unthinkable before 14 February.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-07-2012, 09:22 AM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/a-message-from-the-chairman_2262950_2853570

Pretty clear, in Rod we trust... :greengrin

Peevemor

Perhaps they should look into reintroducing the monthly instalment plan? That would help sell tickets I'm sure!

:agree:

Keith_M
To be expected and I fully agree with everything in the statement. I really hope the fans get behind the club.

Not a criticism of the statement but it would be helpful if they re-opened the opportunity to buy Season Tickets over the internet. If they want another 3,000 sold, they have to make it as easy as possible to do so.

col02
19-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I think that is a very fair and concise statement in all honesty! We all want as strong a team as possible on the pitch and to get that the club needs every penny it can get to increase the strength of playing staff! Massive season of opportunity coming up for clubs this season in the SPL and Hibs will hopefully have the required tools to allow them to compete at the top end of the league.

Hibercelona
19-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Been saying much the same myself for weeks - whilst I can understand why anyone wouldn't want to renew, the only way that we can demonstrate how big a club we are (or think that we are) is for people to buy into it with STs and coming to games.

2nd place is now available in the SPL for a team that hasn't spent beyond its means, a situation that seemed unthinkable before 14 February.

We have spent beyond our means in the last few years though. Not overly, but to an extent.

They'll be a lot of hard cuts in the SPL over the next few years, I just hope we come out of it as one of the stronger clubs.

Part/Time Supporter

Half now, half by 31 October offered instead.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/pre-season-payment-plan_2262950_2853567

Steve20
Is there an email address that people can get in touch with the board?

Weir7
19-07-2012, 09:27 AM

I'm no fan of Rod but for once a plain english statement. Him saying sorry we got it wrong would not have gone a miss.

Also, the bit about big reduction in revenue 2 weeks before start of season...... SPL \ SFA to blame. Which you are a major player in both organisations.

A clear statement of strategy for next year is we will promote youths to first team squad augmented by senior pros. Fans would be clear where we are going and hopefully buy in and back the development of Caldwell, Stanton etc

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 09:29 AM

This was something I had hoped would happen at some point but IMO we are way off that and as much as I agree with some of RPs stuff I do lay a large about of the blame that we are starting at such a low point at his door. Hibs should be prime to be looking at 2nd but are not.

As much as he says to put the last 2 years behind us, a 2 years that he has IMO been awful in people will not easily do that when it comes to paying out hundreds of pounds. We have seen statements like this before and we have stepped up to a point only to be let down by decisions off the park.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Is there an email address that people can get in touch with the board?

Rpetrie@hibernianfc.co.uk

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2012, 09:32 AM
This was something I had hoped would happen at some point but IMO we are way off that and as much as I agree with some of RPs stuff I do lay a large about of the blame that we are starting at such a low point at his door. Hibs should be prime to be looking at 2nd but are not.

As much as he says to put the last 2 years behind us, a 2 years that he has IMO been awful in people will not easily do that when it comes to paying out hundreds of pounds. We have seen statements like this before and we have stepped up to a point only to be let down by decisions off the park.

Which decisions do you speak of?

Peevemor
19-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm no fan of Rod but for once a plain english statement. Him saying sorry we got it wrong would not have gone a miss.

He's already said that errors have been made in the past - do you want to him to flog himself publicly once a week?

Also, the bit about big reduction in revenue 2 weeks before start of season...... SPL \ SFA to blame. Which you are a major player in both organisations.

So it's Rod's fault? He's only one out of 12 SPL chairmen with loads of legal nonsense re. the hns going on at the same time.

A clear statement of strategy for next year is we will promote youths to first team squad augmented by senior pros. Fans would be clear where we are going and hopefully buy in and back the development of Caldwell, Stanton etc

I think it's onvious to everyone that the more STs that are sold, the better the standard of 'pro' that we can bring in.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 09:35 AM
We have spent beyond our means in the last few years though. Not overly, but to an extent.

They'll be a lot of hard cuts in the SPL over the next few years, I just hope we come out of it as one of the stronger clubs.

I am aware of that, but nowhere near as much as others.

This was something I had hoped would happen at some point but IMO we are way off that and as much as I agree with some of RPs stuff I do lay a large about of the blame that we are starting at such a low point at his door.

But it's up for grabs for the next 3 years at least. We have a strange balancing act at the moment - Rangers not being in the SPL has allowed us to raise the level of ambition that we can have in terms of a league finish, but the money missing from them not being there means that we cannot strengthen to the extent that we would like. Hopefully others will struggle more than us as we have taken some punishment to get where we are. When it levels out we may not have the great team that we all want but that doesn't mean that we cannot be competitive in an SPL without Rangers.

There are new opportunities available. If a team other than Celtic could finish second and win a trophy, the rewards would be pretty significant.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Which decisions do you speak of?

Manager choicies mainly in turn meaning sacking them and paying off the players signed. I never expect club to be right all time but there have been errors that have cost the club, status, time and above all money.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I am aware of that, but nowhere near as much as others.

But it's up for grabs for the next 3 years at least. We have a strange balancing act at the moment - Rangers not being in the SPL has allowed us to raise the level of ambition that we can have in terms of a league finish, but the money missing from them not being there means that we cannot strengthen to the extent that we would like. Hopefully others will struggle more than us as we have taken some punishment to get where we are. When it levels out we may not have the great team that we all want but that doesn't mean that we cannot be competitive in an SPL without Rangers.

There are new opportunities available. If a team other than Celtic could finish second and win a trophy, the rewards would be pretty significant.

Indeed and as long as we havent made another manager error then yes we can push for 2nd hopefully sooner rather than later but I have my doubts at the moment and hope PF removes them.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-07-2012, 09:38 AM

You mean you missed this one - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120404/clear-heads-and-calm-nerves_2262950_2722711

Dublin07
19-07-2012, 09:39 AM
This message from the board is 100% correct. Many people said they would buy a season ticket if newco were in Div 3 and have now changed the goalposts saying they will only buy if they improve the team, then it will be if we win our first derby match etc etc.
I think a major factor that is being missed is that the mainstream media still refuse to accept that rangers are in Div 3 and come up with story after story of how they will somehow be saved. The BBC still have the fixture list as Club 12 FFS. we have to ignore this and back the team we all love.
We got what we wanted and it is now time to acceot the league will be of lower quality but will be fairer and watched by real supporters. We have a chance of our highest ever SPL finish if we can sell 3000 more season tickets and support the team. The last 2 years have been hell but we need to leave it in the past. Hibs fans were always loyal and vocal when things were going wrong now we just shut up and walk away!!! GGTTH.

Pretty Boy
19-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Well said Rod.

A lot of people want to moan about who we should be signing or how much we should be spending. Well Rod has been pretty clear in that statement, if you can afford it put your money where your mouth is.

I've already got my season ticket for next season but I'll be going all out over the next few days to encourage the people in my group who didn't renew to do so.

It's pretty obvious that times are going to be tough for the next wee while. We all support Hibs and want what's best so we should all be willing to do our bit however we can. That's not being an uberfan I don't think. If you can afford a ST and its practical then buy one, if you can afford to make one game a month then go, if you can afford to buy a strip and make it to 3 games a season then do that. Everyone has a part to play.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Of course we should rally to the cause,theres no denying our club needs us,we have been asked on numerous occassions to rally to the call and we have answered that call, but our investment also comes at a price, we demand change to the game from the top down, we need and demand a bigger league, one governing body in our game, 3pm sat KO times,(summer fitba)?
I think fans may well rally to the call as is happening with Aberdeen, but DONT take us for mugs, theres only so much we will be prepared to take, change must come and it must come without delay.

The SFA has been pathetic in this whole Newco affair, Regan and Doncaster MUST GO infact the whole SFA needs dumped. I am chuffed tae bits Newco have been put in Div3, (wether they will be able to put a team or get permission on time is another matter) its just a pity the SFL had to make that decision, another reason why SFA has to go and the SPL should hang their heads in shame.

A new season calls and new chances and challenges are ahead, the fans without doubt are up to the challenge are the men who run our game up to the challenge

JHFC
19-07-2012, 09:44 AM
It is really now up to the fans where we finish in the league and how strong a team we have. This is why I am going to encourage every hibee I know to attend games or buy a season ticket if possible.

If you can't afford a season ticket then go along to every home game you can because it will still go towards making our club stronger!

matty_f
19-07-2012, 09:47 AM

That comes down in a large way to how many fans buy season tickets.

We want to be a big team, we need to be a big support.

SneakersO'Toole
19-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Before this thread turns into a 10 page 'bickering fest' over what the Rod Petrie has done wrong, what the club have done wrong etc and why they aren't getting my money maybe, just maybe everyone should just take a step back and actually think about what this statement is intended for.

Regardless of what has gone on in the past, the clubs needs us more than ever. That is a fact. The club have taken on board what the fans wanted regarding the Newco situation and have acted accordingly.

Maybe now is the time to put all the hurt, anger, disappointment, apathy and everything else that negetively impacts Hibs and galvanise together for one united cause which is Hibernian FC. Not everyone can buy a season ticket, but everyone can help in some way whether it be attending one home game a season or buying the new strip or whatever.

I'm no board apologist as anyone who reads my posts will know. I will admit that I still haven't renewed after having a season ticket for the last 15 years. But I recognise that now is the time, regardless of all the hurt I still feel, to try do my bit and put differences aside. Its like when your son or daughter lets you down massively. You may be angry and disappointed for a while but ultimately you would never abandon them.

Time to get behind the club, in whatever capacity you can muster, and do our part in our own individual way to drive this club forward. If you are doing that, then the board can ask no more of us.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 09:48 AM
It is really now up to the fans where we finish in the league and how strong a team we have. This is why I am going to encourage every hibee I know to attend games or buy a season ticket if possible.

If you can't afford a season ticket then go along to every home game you can because it will still go towards making our club stronger!

No it isnt, it is up to everybody, fans, manager, players and board.

Hibeesmad
19-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Let's get behind the club. They want 3000 season tickets, give it to them. They are promising us to be force if we can gain this, so let's see what happens. It's a gamble which the club will pay back. The club know what we want but to provide that we need to give them what they need. As Petrie said. TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Let's get behind the club. They want 3000 season tickets, give it to them. They are promising us to be force if we can gain this, so let's see what happens. It's a gamble which the club will pay back. The club know what we want but to provide that we need to give them what they need. As Petrie said. TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

It would be great to get that amount but cynical as it is the board have asked the fans this in the past and in the main the fans have responded only to be let down by the club, IMO that is putting off people.

Peevemor
19-07-2012, 09:53 AM

:agree: 3000 Sts = 3 or 4 decent, experienced players.

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Decent, to the point statement..

Still hard for the 3000 folk that don't have ST's to find "Footballing" reasons to get one..

If we'd signed maybe 1 or 2 more players, say Griffiths?.. BEFORE this was statement was made possibly more folk would be inclined to purchase ST's...

Steve20
19-07-2012, 09:57 AM
This message from the board is 100% correct. Many people said they would buy a season ticket if newco were in Div 3 and have now changed the goalposts saying they will only buy if they improve the team, then it will be if we win our first derby match etc etc.

It was never about Rangers situation for me. I have said since the end of last season that I would only renew if they improved the team. I think after the last few seasons and that cup final, they owe the supporters.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 10:01 AM
It was never about Rangers situation for me. I have said since the end of last season that I would only renew if they improved the team. I think after the last few seasons and that cup final, they owe the supporters.

I believe that is the reality of the situation the club finds itself in. The club would need to get in players as if we had got those 3000 Sts before actually selling them to attract the fans. Unfortunatly that is a very difficult situation for the board but one really of it's own making.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Decent, to the point statement..

Still hard for the 3000 folk that don't have ST's to find "Footballing" reasons to get one..

If we'd signed maybe 1 or 2 more players, say Griffiths?.. BEFORE this was statement was made possibly more folk would be inclined to purchase ST's...

Perhaps the renewal of 3000 season tickets will allow us to obtain Griffiths and a couple of others of quality.

It's chicken and egg all over again.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 10:04 AM

We have not spent beyond our means. The board have wasted millions in gross miss management of the business.

Once again Petrie comes to the fans to bail them out.

GloryGlory
19-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Of course we should rally to the cause,theres no denying our club needs us,we have been asked on numerous occassions to rally to the call and we have answered that call, but our investment also comes at a price, we demand change to the game from the top down, we need and demand a bigger league, one governing body in our game, 3pm sat KO times,(summer fitba)?
I think fans may well rally to the call as is happening with Aberdeen, but DONT take us for mugs, theres only so much we will be prepared to take, change must come and it must come without delay.

The SFA has been pathetic in this whole Newco affair, Regan and Doncaster MUST GO infact the whole SFA needs dumped. I am chuffed tae bits Newco have been put in Div3, (wether they will be able to put a team or get permission on time is another matter) its just a pity the SFL had to make that decision, another reason why SFA has to go and the SPL should hang their heads in shame.

A new season calls and new chances and challenges are ahead, the fans without doubt are up to the challenge are the men who run our game up to the challenge

Who else was supposed to make the decision? Only the SFL has the power to accept or reject applications to the SFL.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Have said on another thread that this time the request for fans to buy season tickets goes beyond the board, the manager, and the owner.

The very health of the club and the game in Scotland is at risk.

We have a huge support to call upon, now is the time for the support to step forward.

Pretty Boy
19-07-2012, 10:07 AM

It's a catch 22 though.

The club are basically saying that without increased ST sales there is very little money to improve the team. On the other hands fans are saying they won't renew until the team is improved.

I have no idea what the strategy for this summer would have been without the newco situation but it appears that the whole sorry mess has changed things significantly for every club.

The irony of the whole thing is that those cheating ***** will have a wee jolly in the lower leagues for 2 or 3 years and then stroll back into the SPL in better shape than clubs who have tried to live honestly.

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Perhaps the renewal of 3000 season tickets will allow us to obtain Griffiths and a couple of others of quality.

It's chicken and egg all over again.

Of course but at the moment we have lost 15 + players from last years squad with IO about to leave too..

Nothing much to entice folk into buying a ST just now is there, if LG is close/in the pipeline IMO it would've been best to wait UNTIL he's announced, or A N Other..

Especially a striker

Bob Box Fish
19-07-2012, 10:11 AM
No surprises in the statement but the only thing that will put bums on seats is improved results / performances on the pitch.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Have said on another thread that this time the request for fans to buy season tickets goes beyond the board, the manager, and the owner.

The very health of the club and the game in Scotland is at risk.

We have a huge support to call upon, now is the time for the support to step forward.

I think Matty that the fans who feel that way have all but renewed. I feel with just the things the way they are that just going to a match to support the club finacially as a pose to getting real enjoyment has all but gone. I think many whom have not renewed are looking for value for money and not almost like it feels a donation to club.

I think the club is in a very difficult situation but I unfortunatly do not see 1-3k plus buying STs until they believe they will see winning football.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 10:15 AM
You mean you missed this one - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120404/clear-heads-and-calm-nerves_2262950_2722711
No I did not. No harm in repeating it to give balance to his latest statement

Mikey
19-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Guys, you're putting up a valiant argument against your club, but did no-one ever tell you that if you don't have anything good to say then sometimes it's better just to say nothing :wink:

BEEJ
19-07-2012, 10:21 AM
It's pretty obvious that times are going to be tough for the next wee while. We all support Hibs and want what's best so we should all be willing to do our bit however we can. That's not being an uberfan I don't think. If you can afford a ST and its practical then buy one, if you can afford to make one game a month then go, if you can afford to buy a strip and make it to 3 games a season then do that. Everyone has a part to play.

Whilst I would agree with the comments highlighted, that is not the message that has been conveyed in recent weeks and which has been reinforced this morning.

Unfortunately we are now in an era where season tickets are everything, whereas walk-ups and merchandise sales are given much, much lower weighting.

hibbybrian
19-07-2012, 10:26 AM
The Kicks for Kids scheme has been re-launched

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853083,00.html

Hopefully Hibs.net can continue the good work of previous seasons when IIRC 16 season tickets were paid for :thumbsup:

RMQ1967
19-07-2012, 10:27 AM
We have not spent beyond our means. The board have wasted millions in gross miss management of the business.

Once again Petrie comes to the fans to bail them out.

The club only functions because of the fans so of course he's going to ask them to contribute if we want to see it improve.

We should consider Hibs like a charity (my opinion) - we put money in for a good cause & not for what we get back in return. I'm happy to buy a season to support the club financially even though I won't make many games as I currently working away.

However, having said that the Rods statement makes me furious. Having failed to purchase tickets through the utterly useless phone & internet systems 2 months ago I e-mailed the board (a long & rambling message:) to tell them if they wanted my cash for 2 tickets they could contact me instead.

Guess what - no contact - not even a one liner to say keep your cash, we're in the cup final.

I'm going to contact them one more time. If they care enough about getting money in they'll do the groundwork for a change instead of leaving people to spend hours trying to use the pathetic ticketing systems they have in place.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 10:28 AM
The Kicks for Kids scheme has been re-launched

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853083,00.html

Hopefully Hibs.net can continue the good work of previous seasons when IIRC 16 season tickets were paid for :thumbsup:

Excellent, I've just e-mailed the club about KFK. Hibs.net will be doing something about that very soon!

matty_f
19-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I think Matty that the fans who feel that way have all but renewed. I feel with just the things the way they are that just going to a match to support the club finacially as a pose to getting real enjoyment has all but gone. I think many whom have not renewed are looking for value for money and not almost like it feels a donation to club.

I think the club is in a very difficult situation but I unfortunatly do not see 1-3k plus buying STs until they believe they will see winning football.

Well, imho these folk need to get over it or they're going to see some very difficult times. This is a donation. We are giving the club the finance it needs to not only flourish, but to survive.
This situation is, again only imho, exactly what will sum up who the supporters are. It needs to be an emotional decision now. You need to get over the fact we have been s***e for two or three years and understand how essential your season ticket money is to the club.

3000 is the minimum we need, that's a huge number but we have shown in the past we can bring in large season tickwt numbers.
Support your club.

Tha Cabbage Kid
19-07-2012, 10:30 AM
well said rod!

i would buy a ST if i wasnt in another counrty! grrrrr

Andy74
19-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I believe that is the reality of the situation the club finds itself in. The club would need to get in players as if we had got those 3000 Sts before actually selling them to attract the fans. Unfortunatly that is a very difficult situation for the board but one really of it's own making.

Okay, but how many times are you going to keep saying it? Time to move on and help out if you can. If you can't maybe this isn't the place to keep saying it.

LeighLoyal
19-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Good statement. We do need to get behind the club and put two fingers up to Sevco, and I mean all of Scottish football.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-07-2012, 10:32 AM
No I did not. No harm in repeating it to give balance to his latest statement

Why does he need to repeat a statement already announced, don't you believe him.

Some fans are so fickle. :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Still recon the comments at the bottom of the statement re bigger league's a cert for the huns to be back in the top flight next year or the season after regardeless of their league position. Mark my words!

As for the statement I think its totally fair enough. I am thinking about going to buy a ST now even though I cant make games on a Saturday, looks like the club needs the cash pretty badly by the sounds of it.

Ray_
19-07-2012, 10:35 AM
With this great loss of income, has the TV companies already pulled out? Surely Hibs are big enough to survive the loss of two home games against Rangers, well, I'll put it another way, they should have been.

I'm sorry, I've seen those sort of statements from Rod Petrie since Alex McLeish was manager. The way to get people through the turnstiles is by giving them a product that's worth watching & no amount of emotional blackmail will alter that.

Hibs have a hard core of die hards and they will turn up, the rest need to be wooed by what's on offer on the park. The reason we are in the total mess we are, financial and otherwise, has nothing to do with Rangers, but very much to do with our own boardroom.

To me this is just another pathetic & doomed attempt to draw money from the fans, to hide the inadequacies of a board, who have failed miserably to attract revenue by conventional means. People would be far more likely of buying into this appeal, if it wasn't made by the same old inadequate's making the same old plea's, after making the same old failures.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 10:35 AM
The way to show that Hibs and Rod mean what they say, is for Hibs to put up an additional 50% of the cash raised from ST sales from now on, into the player budget, that would let us see that they are doing their bit as well.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 10:36 AM
No surprises in the statement but the only thing that will put bums on seats is improved results / performances on the pitch.

It shouldn't be though.

We all need to wake up quickly to the fact that without strong backing from the support, the money isn't there to sustain a football club the size of Hibernian.
Consecutive losses have left the club with little room to maneuvre, the Sevco situation has removed that room altogether.
Petrie isn't making a sales pitch here, he's bluntly saying we're rooked and we need the support to dig deep, come together, and bring us through it.
Football is changing, we will (imho) soon see the bigger league that we wanted but it comes at a cost.

It is vital that we show how big a club and support we are and back the club.

We have got probably the most potential of the SPL clubs to really establish ourselves at the top end of the league. If golk don't put money in then we could easily drop out the league altogether.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 10:38 AM
The way to show that Hibs and Rod mean what they say, is for Hibs to put up an additional 50% of the cash raised from ST sales from now on, into the player budget, that would let us see that they are doing their bit as well.

I don't get what you are saying. In previous years the player budget has been significantly more than the income from season ticket sales. How can they out any more of it into the budget??

ginger_rice
19-07-2012, 10:38 AM
well said rod!

I get to as many games as I can, other commitments mean I can't make every home game, this season I intend to make an extra special effort to attend as many as possible. As I can't make every home game I took out a club membership last season, I hope the club will open this scheme up again this year.

One thing I would like to see is a way of donating some cash to the club, so say for every home game I miss I can pay the club say half or a quarter of a ticket price.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't get what you are saying. In previous years the player budget has been significantly more than the income from season ticket sales. How can they out any more of it into the budget??

I think you're wasting your time. 2 years of losses do not seem to register with folk. There isn't any money there and we can't take more losses yet people think we can magic great signings out of thin air.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 10:44 AM
well said rod!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241243-*****Kicks-For-Kids-Season-Tickets-Fundraiser-13-Tickets-Bought*****

:wink:

Andy74
19-07-2012, 10:44 AM
With this great loss of income, has the TV companies already pulled out? Surely Hibs are big enough to survive the loss of two home games against Rangers, well, I'll put it another way, they should have been.

I'm sorry, I've seen those sort of statements from Rod Petrie since Alex McLeish was manager. The way to get people through the turnstiles is by giving them a product that's worth watching & no amount of emotional blackmail will alter that.

Hibs have a hard core of die hards and they will turn up, the rest need to be wooed by what's on offer on the park. The reason we are in the total mess we are, financial and otherwise, has nothing to do with Rangers, but very much to do with our own boardroom.

To me this is just another pathetic & doomed attempt to draw money from the fans, to hide the inadequacies of a board, who have failed miserably to attract revenue by conventional means. People would be far more likely of buying into this appeal, if it wasn't made by the same old inadequate's making the same old plea's, after making the same old failures.

Yeah, yeah, so what are you doing about it now? Or do you think harping on about failures at every possible juncture is going to help the matter?

It's very simple, there's an opportunity now to help or not, there's no room any more for complaining about what's been.

Ray_
19-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, yeah, so what are you doing about it now? Or do you think harping on about failures at every possible juncture is going to help the matter?

It's very simple, there's an opportunity now to help or not, there's no room any more for complaining about what's been.

So what do you expect that'll be achieved through this bi-annual begging ritual? The only one that ever worked was SUABC & that was because there was a team on the park that attracted the custom. What it shows, as a board they have the imagination of a fruit fly.

flash
19-07-2012, 10:54 AM
It has become clear that we have a number of "supporters" who will watch fitba in this country wither and die without them lifting a finger.

That's their prerogative but maybe it's time for them to take a break from all things Hibs and stop dragging the rest of us down with them.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 10:54 AM

That about sums it up for me too. Give us some more cash so we can buy some more diddy players, appoint more diddy managers etc. etc. oh and I'll be along same time, same place next year to fleece you all again.

Rod, just **** off and move on!

Beefster
19-07-2012, 10:56 AM
That comes down in a large way to how many fans buy season tickets.

We want to be a big team, we need to be a big support.

What made you change your mind, Matty? You've been 'demanding' investment in the playing squad to encourage ST sales in both January and early post-season IIRC.

I've renewed but IMHO the club have done little to encourage those supporters choosing not renew because the performances have been dismal for a few seasons (the Sevco decision was primarily to stop an catastrophic collapse in existing ST holder numbers as opposed to getting a lot more STs sold IMHO). While a lot of what Rodders said about the financial implications is evidently true (although I still think there is a ton of scaremongering going on), it might have had a bigger impact if "we're a family/we're in it together/we need you/etc etc" hadn't already been the default marketing idea for the last decade.

hibbybrian
19-07-2012, 11:01 AM
well said rod!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241243-*****Kicks-For-Kids-Season-Tickets-Fundraiser-13-Tickets-Bought*****

Mikey - I've posted a link to the thread on the new H.I.B.S. overseas forum so hopefully we can help with contributions http://hibs-world.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=10

I'll kick start it with 2 tickets :aok:

StevieC
19-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Many people said they would buy a season ticket if newco were in Div 3 and have now changed the goalposts saying they will only buy if they improve the team, then it will be if we win our first derby match etc etc.

Many possibly did, but many more were just for walking away altogether. Season tickets has been a small side issue (from the supporters perspective) in this whole sorry mess. A mess which is still a long long way from being resolved.

The season ticket issue is a very complex one. You charge as much as you can when you're on a high but have to be prepared to price accordingly when you're on a low. For Hibs to continue to lose season ticket holders year in year out (even on the back of a cup final deal for tickets) then the pricing and marketing (in conjunction with team performance) is simply wrong. Playing the loyalty/guilt card will work to a certain extent but you have to know your customers, and gauage the market, if you want them to return.

Dalkeith
19-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Many possibly did, but many more were just for walking away altogether. Season tickets has been a small side issue (from the supporters perspective) in this whole sorry mess. A mess which is still a long long way from being resolved.

The season ticket issue is a very complex one. You charge as much as you can when you're on a high but have to be prepared to price accordingly when you're on a low. For Hibs to continue to lose season ticket holders year in year out (even on the back of a cup final deal for tickets) then the pricing and marketing (in conjunction with team performance) is simply wrong. Playing the loyalty/guilt card will work to a certain extent but you have to know your customers, and gauage the market, if you want to them.

:top marks

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Okay, but how many times are you going to keep saying it? Time to move on and help out if you can. If you can't maybe this isn't the place to keep saying it.

This is most certainly the place to say it Andy.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, imho these folk need to get over it or they're going to see some very difficult times. This is a donation. We are giving the club the finance it needs to not only flourish, but to survive.
This situation is, again only imho, exactly what will sum up who the supporters are. It needs to be an emotional decision now. You need to get over the fact we have been s***e for two or three years and understand how essential your season ticket money is to the club.

3000 is the minimum we need, that's a huge number but we have shown in the past we can bring in large season tickwt numbers.
Support your club.

Well then Matty we are indeed in for more hard times as imo people will now not just give out money, I do not need to get over anything I havent said I will not go or pay money, these people do not need to get over anything they have every right to get ebery pennys worth of what they spend.

It is good to be able to just spend money on something and hope not everyone can do that or feel that is right.

Perhaps if a ST was £200 then maybe a lot more folk would buy one looking to help club along with getting value for money, maybe £400 is to much for many no matter the product. I am sure there is a point you would think it is not worth that amont for a ST, well maybe the folk who need to get over it are at that with £400+

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 11:25 AM

If true, then people have missed the point about the situation that faces us.

We, as fans, asked for Rangers to be forced to start again in the 3rd division. There are obvious financial implications of doing so.

This goes way beyond the quality of the current team or what was on display the last few years. This is way beyond the "I've backed the club before and they've let me down" argument.

This is the future of Hibs and Scottish Football we need to now protect.

Hibs Class
19-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll be renewing two at the weekend now that the huns have been reasonably dealt with (or as reasonably as we could expect - still think they have got off lightly).

On the site there's no mention of the offer to ST holders of free tickets for home OF matches - I never expected that offer to be all it was cracked up to be as I doubted the huns would be let back in, but is the extra ticket to celtc games still part of the package?

Part/Time Supporter
19-07-2012, 11:29 AM
If true, then peole have missed the point about the situation that faces us.

We, as fans, asked for Rangers to be forced to start again in the 3rd division. There are obvious financial implications of doing so.

This goes way beyond the quality of the current team or what was on display the last few years. This is way beyond the "I've backed the club before and they've let me down" argument.

If fans of other SPL teams don't show up in good numbers next season then frankly it will look as if the whole no to newco effort was based on people hating Rangers more than they care for their own team.

BarneyK
19-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you think there's still time to apologise and ask Rangers back into the fold? Well, if folk are holding back and waiting for the silky soccer to return, we might as well. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Not surprisingly, this has quickly descended into an utterly depressing thread.

BEEJ
19-07-2012, 11:31 AM
The club only functions because of the fans so of course he's going to ask them to contribute if we want to see it improve.

We should consider Hibs like a charity (my opinion) - we put money in for a good cause & not for what we get back in return. I'm happy to buy a season to support the club financially even though I won't make many games as I currently working away.

I completely understand the predicament that the club (and Scottish football) finds itself in - but this is really a step too far.

So within our personal budget which might well have an allowance for charitable giving, we are to weigh up whether to give that to:

a hospital for sick children;
bringing fresh water to a village in Central Africa;
food and supplies for the latest famine in East Africa; or
paying the salary of a Hibs footballer on £1,500 per week.

:Ummm:

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 11:32 AM

If fans of other SPL teams don't show up in good numbers next season then frankly it will look as if the whole no to newco effort was based on people hating Rangers more than they care for their own team.

Which is what odious little cretins like Jim Traynor have been saying all along. How depressing that there's even a chance that he may be right.

Gatecrasher

In a nutshell. The statement is spot on and i feel it reflects on how at least some of the fans throuout the SPL feel right now. Forget the chicken and egg crap now is the time to support our club and ensure they come out of this mess in a better place than most and if we do this glory isnt far around the corner imo.

Captain Trips
If true, then peole have missed the point about the situation that faces us.

It does go way beyond that but I think that people who feel that way or are in that position have basically renewed. I do not think anything other than signings to whet appetite will bring in anything like the 3000 the club is looking for. I am not saying it is right or wrong but we are not going to sell 3000 tickets on sentiment if not sold by now. Difficult situation to attract 3000 fans without the 3000 fans money.

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 11:39 AM
It does go way beyond that but I think that people who feel that way or are in that position have basically renewed. I do not think anything other than signings to whet appetite will bring in anything like the 3000 the club is looking for. I am not saying it is right or wrong but we are not going to sell 3000 tickets on sentiment if not sold by now. Difficult situation to attract 3000 fans without the 3000 fans money.

Perhaps they have, but I can't see anything wrong with Petrie laying it on the line as to what the current situation is. If it helps people to see the seriousness of the situation and even some then go out and support the club through buying a Season Ticket, then all the better.

I, for one, have previously stated that the Season Tickets I normally buy for two members of my family would only be purchased when it was absolutely definite that 'Rangers' would not be playing any higher than the 3rd division. I have stuck by my pledge and have now ordered the tickets. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Others have stated on this very thread that they are prepared to answer the call by buying Season Tickets. I'm sure there are others that, while not buying a ST, will attempt to get to as many games as they can. Surely that's no bad thing?

Andy74
19-07-2012, 11:43 AM
This is most certainly the place to say it Andy.

To achieve what? We've heard it all, it's now time to back the club or don't but actively working against what the club is trying to do by continuing to lay blame and complain about the past is not what's needed.

VickMackie
19-07-2012, 11:44 AM
The only thing I would say is that if there wasn't so much ****ing about by the SPL and SFA we wouldn't be in this position 2 weeks before the start of the season.

Between 14 feb and 19 May this was likely to be the case and if it wasn't their should have been work done on some of the main scenarios and provisions put in place to make decisions as soon as possible after the season.

It's been weeks since the decision to kb rangers admin offer so the decision should have been taken immediately after that.

Also, rangers haven't gone to the third division. They're gone with a new club in the same guise in the third.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Perhaps they have, but I can't see anything wrong with Petrie laying it on the line as to what the current situation is. If it helps people to see the seriousness of the situation and even some then go out and support the club through buying a Season Ticket, then all the better.

I, for one, have previously stated that the Season Tickets I normally buy for two members of my family would only be purchased when it was absolutely definite that 'Rangers' would not be playing any higher than the 3rd division. I have stuck by my pledge and have now ordered the tickets. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Others have stated on this very thread that they are prepared to answer the call by buying Season Tickets. I'm sure there are others that, while not buying a ST, will attempt to get to as many games as they can. Surely that's no bad thing?

I agree but I still think like all supports the vast majority of that 3000 are looking for footballing reasons to get on board and may well think it will all be ok anyways. Maybe the statement gets 500 Sts in and that gets the ball rolling to look at a signing to maybe get in more.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 11:49 AM
To achieve what? We've heard it all, it's now time to back the club or don't but actively working against what the club is trying to do by continuing to lay blame and complain about the past is not what's needed.

Andy it is a messageboard, you have made 100s of posts on things that cannot be changed but you had/have an opinion I have mine it will be put on here when I see fit exactly as you and 100s do. Never mentioned a player or manager after gone when nothing can be done? I think not.

It is very needed as I think the past is why we are looking for 3000+ ST holders.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Who else was supposed to make the decision? Only the SFL has the power to accept or reject applications to the SFL.
The SFA and SPL were bending over backwards to get newhun into Div1 and put a disgraceful amount of pressure on them to do it. The SFL gave the SPL and SFA the middle finger and told them where to go.They were not voted into Div 1 but told to start at Div3

Beefster
19-07-2012, 11:52 AM

If only you had had that attitude when you were still in the throes of your John Hughes man-crush.

Albion Hibs
19-07-2012, 11:52 AM

This is where i disagree with things. Individuals at a club will change, the board are irrelevant to me, I dont go to cheer or boo them, I go to follow the football club, something which is far bigger than any player, board member or owner will ever be...and i dont care if we sign messi with the 3000 ST, its still the same.

Hibernian FC in my opinion owes the fans nothing, it is never a case of what 'someone is due', its not a debt or a trade, you support the team you were brought up support. That support should be unconditional in my view.

If people can afford it they need to put there money where there mouth is. I find it hard to believe that some folk are happy to line the pockets of SKY rather than contribute to their own team. Justifying it with the fact they can watch some hibs games on TV, read about them on here, but watch the EPL, and spanish football to the detriment of Hibs. These leagues have a better standard largely as a result of TV money, but it all starts from a fan base. Unless we have that we cant as a club or a league build on things.

The board has made a big decision on the back of the fans view about rangers, supporting the view of the supporter, in turn i think they club should be supported to help take advantage of the position which has been created. I fear that the reality is hertz as always will sell a lot more ST than us, and use that to push for a second place finish, perhaps again proving why they say they are the Big Team.

I dont buy this 'chicken and egg' sh!$3, again it comes down to supporting your team, the glory hunter mentality was never installed in me as a child, and i see nothing in my time supporting hibs that should have changed that.

Well said Rod, I am sure there has been plenty of hard decision to make, you have made them in the interest of the club, and I hope we manage to get more the fans that came out for the cup final turning up during the more important week in week out games.

Dinkydoo
19-07-2012, 11:57 AM
If you can't afford a ST then donating anything you can to Kicks for Kids could help as well - I know I will be once pay day arrives! :flag:

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 11:59 AM
The message clearly is still not getting through to many, which is worrying - people obviously believe that they have very valid reasons for not trusting Petrie and the information that he is giving out, but I would hope that supporting OUR football club would mean more to some people than trying to get a message across to our chairman.

Rightly or wrongly, we are where we are - we cannot afford to have a sense of entitlement about the team on the park here, as we cannot have it both ways, sadly. Yes the board have made mistakes but the latest situation we find ourselves in is not of their doing - we have suffered from Rangers cheating for a number of years and that is not fair, but what is even more unfair is that we will suffer further without them in the SPL unless the supporters who can afford to buy a ST do just that.

The next month or so could define just how big a club we are for the next few years, it is that critical - unfortunately some people seem to care more about punishing a board of directors than they do about supporting Hibs, and everything we are.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 12:07 PM
The message clearly is still not getting through to many, which is worrying - people obviously believe that they have very valid reasons for not trusting Petrie and the information that he is giving out, but I would hope that supporting OUR football club would mean more to some people than trying to get a message across to our chairman.

Rightly or wrongly, we are where we are - we cannot afford to have a sense of entitlement about the team on the park here, as we cannot have it both ways, sadly. Yes the board have made mistakes but the latest situation we find ourselves in is not of their doing - we have suffered from Rangers cheating for a number of years and that is not fair, but what is even more unfair is that we will suffer further without them in the SPL unless the supporters who can afford to buy a ST do just that.

The next month or so could define just how big a club we are for the next few years, it is that critical - unfortunately some people seem to care more about punishing a board of directors than they do about supporting Hibs, and everything we are.

I think the message is getting through I think the people whom have STs are more supporters than I am 100% but there is a filter that goes from them to folk who have no intention of going no matter what. I believe that there are 1000s that think all will be ok anyways and will only go if team is good, that wether we like it or not is where the aim should be people will take the risk that all will be ok.

People swithering due to value will only kick themselves if the club went bust while the club is going 1000s will be in that position of waiting for a good team to watch. I naver said that is me it is my opinion.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 12:11 PM
What made you change your mind, Matty? You've been 'demanding' investment in the playing squad to encourage ST sales in both January and early post-season IIRC.

I've renewed but IMHO the club have done little to encourage those supporters choosing not renew because the performances have been dismal for a few seasons (the Sevco decision was primarily to stop an catastrophic collapse in existing ST holder numbers as opposed to getting a lot more STs sold IMHO). While a lot of what Rodders said about the financial implications is evidently true (although I still think there is a ton of scaremongering going on), it might have had a bigger impact if "we're a family/we're in it together/we need you/etc etc" hadn't already been the default marketing idea for the last decade.

I changed my mind when I saw up close how bad our financial position is, and also how that has been compounded with the Sevco situation.
I would say, though, that I have never changed my opinion that supporters should be helping the club out when times are bad.

JeMeSouviens
19-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Only if you conflate total numbers attending with the attenders' individual motivations.

Which I accept is something lazy journalists do frequently and leads to the sort of pish spouted about OF fans deserving of success. In fact, I would argue, the opposite is true. The fans of clubs who turn up year after year with f all chance of winning anything are the real deserving cases.

The no to newco effort is most likely to have been driven by a subset of previous regular attenders. So every no to newco supporter could turn up and overall crowds could still go down.

SneakersO'Toole
19-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Great post.

If Hibs fans everywhere cannot resonate with this then they never will understand the current predicament. The time for resentment and grudges is OVER - it achieves absolutely nothing except negetively impacting on the club. The board and the club in general have made mistakes, of that there is no doubt. But trust me when i say that sitting back and doing nothing when you have the power to do something will only multiple the problems we face.

Support the club in any way you can and help it move forward.

phantomscotsman
19-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Well said Rod.

A lot of people want to moan about who we should be signing or how much we should be spending. Well Rod has been pretty clear in that statement, if you can afford it put your money where your mouth is.

I've already got my season ticket for next season but I'll be going all out over the next few days to encourage the people in my group who didn't renew to do so.

totally agree:top marks

HibbyAndy
19-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I purchased 6 Season tickets barely an hour ago And im in talks with mates to renew

Seriously guys if you CAN get yourself a season ticket pronto then do it, Dont think about it just do it!

OUR club needs us now more than ever, Its OUR club so lets dig deep and do our club proud and buy as many ST as we can.

We are Hibernian f.c.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Great post.

If Hibs fans everywhere cannot resonate with this then they never will understand the current predicament. The time for resentment and grudges is OVER - it achieves absolutely nothing except negetively impacting on the club. The board and the club in general have made mistakes, of that there is no doubt. But trust me when i say that sitting back and doing nothing when you have the power to do something will only multiple the problems we face.

Support the club in any way you can and help it move forward.

I purchased 6 Season tickets barely an hour ago And im in talks with mates to renew

Seriously guys if you CAN get yourself a season ticket pronto then do it, Dont think about it just do it!

OUR club needs us now more than ever, Its OUR club so lets dig deep and do our club proud and buy as many ST as we can.

We are Hibernian f.c.

SmokieJoe
19-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Although its a fair and reasonably request by Rod and the board, imagine if they had appointed a manager of repute 4/5 years ago? would he be 'engaging' with the supporters now if he hadn't have been so willing to replace managers every 12 to 18 months, and let them replace squads in the same timeframe.

I do want to back the team finacially as much as is possible, but lets hope the board dont take a hissy fit in 6 months time if results are poor because of lack of player quality and sack another manager.

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 12:34 PM

We are Hibernian f.c.

If Rod was here he would probably mount you.

sarfoftheborder
19-07-2012, 12:35 PM
It's now crunch time for us all. And we all have to decide what if anything we do. Yes Rod has asked us to provide financial support on many occasions. Yes the last couple of years have been disastrous. Yes much (but not all) of the football played by Hibs has been pretty grim to watch (at least on tv). But we are Hibs supporters. That means we support our club, especially in times of need. And this is a time of need.

£400 approx for a season ticket. £8 a week to support your club. That's not much more than the price of a couple of drinks. I'm feeling the financial pinch as much as the next man but one of my pleasures and interests in life is Hibs and being a Hibs fan. Because I live in the south of England I don't get to ER very often, not least because it costs me around £250/300 to do so. Last time was the friendly against Sunderland. I did get to the final and that cost me a grand -flights, hotel, £200 tickets, etc. But all money well spent.

So what do I do to help Hibs now? I will watch all televised matches on ESPN, Sky, Alba and, although I have already paid my subscriptions for ESPN and Sky, I regard watching Hibs on tv as being ''for free''. I would love to live locally and to be able to go to all ER matches. But I don't. So for the cost of a season ticket I could go to one match at ER, and have a few quid left over.

It seems to me that what I should therefore do is to buy a season ticket, probably not go to ER this season, and watch Hibs on tv.

All Hibs fans who live within easy distance of ER should count themselves lucky. Stop moaning about ''is it value for money'', ''it's Rod doing his begging/guilt trip number again'', ''will PF's new team be worth paying money to watch'' etc, etc. Support your team and dig deep. No more free rides. And if people who consider themselves supporters are not prepared to support Hibs at this difficult but potentially exciting time then they should at the very least stop coming on here moaning and complaining.

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 12:41 PM
It's now crunch time for us all. And we all have to decide what if anything we do. Yes Rod has asked us to provide financial support on many occasions. Yes the last couple of years have been disastrous. Yes much (but not all) of the football played by Hibs has been pretty grim to watch (at least on tv). But we are Hibs supporters. That means we support our club, especially in times of need. And this is a time of need.

£400 approx for a season ticket. £8 a week to support your club. That's not much more than the price of a couple of drinks. I'm feeling the financial pinch as much as the next man but one of my pleasures and interests in life is Hibs and being a Hibs fan. Because I live in the south of England I don't get to ER very often, not least because it costs me around £250/300 to do so. Last time was the friendly against Sunderland. I did get to the final and that cost me a grand -flights, hotel, £200 tickets, etc. But all money well spent.

So what do I do to help Hibs now? I will watch all televised matches on ESPN, Sky, Alba and, although I have already paid my subscriptions for ESPN and Sky, I regard watching Hibs on tv as being ''for free''. I would love to live locally and to be able to go to all ER matches. But I don't. So for the cost of a season ticket I could go to one match at ER, and have a few quid left over.

It seems to me that what I should therefore do is to buy a season ticket, probably not go to ER this season, and watch Hibs on tv.

All Hibs fans who live within easy distance of ER should count themselves lucky. Stop moaning about ''is it value for money'', ''it's Rod doing his begging/guilt trip number again'', ''will PF's new team be worth paying money to watch'' etc, etc. Support your team and dig deep. No more free rides. And if people who consider themselves supporters are not prepared to support Hibs at this difficult but potentially exciting time then they should at the very least stop coming on here moaning and complaining.

If Hibs had more fans like you then we wouldn't be in this situation.

If you can afford a ST, and it is practical for you to buy one, then buy it. We can't keep going on like this and we need to come together as a fanbase and support our club like we should be.

lucky
19-07-2012, 12:49 PM
It's time for everyone to contribute and help save Scottish football. Hibs need support like no other time in the last 20 years. If the 20000 plus fans who went to Hampden started going to ER more regularly our club would grow.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 12:55 PM

We are Hibernian f.c.

In talks. Like it.

ScottB
19-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm definitely going to come back through for games more often this season. I actually happened to apply for a job back in Edinburgh yesterday, so should that come off I think I will buy an ST, assuming it's possible!

At the least, more walk up games and a shiny new home strip next time I visit the homeland!

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Hampden will have put a lot of people off watching Hibs again.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 01:07 PM

I am stating my thoughts of the situation as a whole Stevie and I do not disagee however you have got to remember everyone is different, the person that renews simply to help the club is fantastic but IMO there are more people who will want something more for that money, I am not saying that is me or is right or wrong it is my opinion on the many whom are out there.

I think a lot of people will think club will go on and would only act in that manner if club was to go out of business tomorrow. I think people do buy Sts on what they have seen no matter what.

I agree with your sentiments 100% but for me this will not get 3000 STs, people are not prepared to move on they may not trust the club to move on in the right manner there will be a whole host of things but IMO i do not know what but will need to do something else to get in 3000 or even 2000 more STs.

Once again I agree and hope people will renew to help club but I do not see it happening close to that scale but everyone sold on back of statement helps. People are not daft they know the situation financially but have not renewed or have not bought one at all simply due to the product or other football matters.

I will take issue with the part in bold that I think is a factor in the figures. Yes it is not clubs fault that we may lose money due to Rangers but it is clubs fault we are starting from such a low point, how serious now are all those wasted transfers and manager payoffs now? Not taking CC money and maybe having PF in from start last season may have been the decision to far for board. I can see why people are unsure and that is a reality I think.

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2012, 01:16 PM

How fickle. As pointed out, this is a huge opportunity. Time to put the past aside and look to the future. If your son fails his exams but looks to you for support to push on and help next year do you tell him no?

Hibs are a big family, show it.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 01:19 PM
I am stating my thoughts of the situation as a whole Stevie and I do not disagee however you have got to remember everyone is different, the person that renews simply to help the club is fantastic but IMO there are more people who will want something more for that money, I am not saying that is me or is right or wrong it is my opinion on the many whom are out there.

I think a lot of people will think club will go on and would only act in that manner if club was to go out of business tomorrow. I think people do buy Sts on what they have seen no matter what.

I agree with your sentiments 100% but for me this will not get 3000 STs, people are not prepared to move on they may not trust the club to move on in the right manner there will be a whole host of things but IMO i do not know what but will need to do something else to get in 3000 or even 2000 more STs.

Once again I agree and hope people will renew to help club but I do not see it happening close to that scale but everyone sold on back of statement helps. People are not daft they know the situation financially but have not renewed or have not bought one at all simply due to the product or other football matters.

I will take issue with the part in bold that I think is a factor in the figures. Yes it is not clubs fault that we may lose money due to Rangers but it is clubs fault we are starting from such a low point, how serious now are all those wasted transfers and manager payoffs now? Not taking CC money and maybe having PF in from start last season may have been the decision to far for board. I can see why people are unsure and that is a reality I think.

Yeah, I was actually going to put in a bit about how I am aware that we could have been in a stronger position had it not been for the mistakes of the last 5 years, but that said, although they have got a lot wrong, I don't doubt for one second that all decisions have been made with the best interests of the club at heart.

Overall I don't really disagree with much - if any - of what you are saying - I just wish it were different.

dunfyhibby
Just bought an Adult and Hibs Futures ST!

Only 2998 to go!

:flag:

Hibercelona

Those "lot" of people you mention, will be people that don't attend games regularly anyway.

If Hibs get into another SC final this season, you can be sure that those "lot" will be back.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm definitely going to come back through for games more often this season. I actually happened to apply for a job back in Edinburgh yesterday, so should that come off I think I will buy an ST, assuming it's possible!

At the least, more walk up games and a shiny new home strip next time I visit the homeland!

Good luck with the job mate.

I'm going to buy my strips tomorrow, looking forward to having colours to wear to ER again, it's been a long time.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was actually going to put in a bit about how I am aware that we could have been in a stronger position had it not been for the mistakes of the last 5 years, but that said, although they have got a lot wrong, I don't doubt for one second that all decisions have been made with the best interests of the club at heart.

Overall I don't really disagree with much, if any, of what you are saying - I just wish it were different.

I agree Stevie the club is in a pretty poor situation, even if they tonight they spent that 3000 extra ST money without getting it in on 3 good players there is no guarantee it would generate the interest to pay it back.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Just bought an Adult and Hibs Futures ST!

Only 2998 to go!

:flag:

What's a Hibs futures?

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone know why you can't buy STs online? Would seem an easy option for those who are still undecided.

Thecat23
19-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I also hope some fans who can afford it do go and purchase a season ticket. I've always said i would and although as stated before I do sometimes regret it I know it's the right thing to do regarding giving the club money. I have also bought my boy both home and away kits so my part is done. I'm not going to start going into what I think about the statement as for me it's the usual stuff expected to be put out. Petrie reminds me of a politician, I just get the sense when his lips move he's not really telling the truth. Either way I'll still back Hibs.

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 01:36 PM
What's a Hibs futures?

The new name for Hibs Kids I think. Either that or it's the stage above Hibs Kids and it's for 14-18s.

One or the other I think

dunfyhibby
19-07-2012, 01:37 PM
What's a Hibs futures?
12-18 year old or a student!

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 01:38 PM
12-18 year old or a student!

I was close :devil:

Saorsa
19-07-2012, 01:38 PM
A Season Ticket Membership for those aged 12- 18 years and full-time students.
What's a Hibs futures?

dunfyhibby
19-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Cost 500 for both! Pretty good deal IMO!

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Those "lot" of people you mention, will be people that don't attend games regularly anyway.

If Hibs get into another SC final this season, you can be sure that those "lot" will be back.

That may be true, but I do think it will have had a negativd effrct on ST sales

dunfyhibby
19-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I was close :devil:
You were!!!:agree:

Offside Trap
19-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Alternatively, perhaps being part of the occasion of the final itself will have enthused people? Being part of that 22,000 army of green....the excitement of the bus journey through...singing the songs.....a sea of green flags.....the SOL display....family and togetherness. Yes it went horribly wrong in the game itself...but football isn't an entitlement based product. Football is an emotional investment with no right of return. There are plenty of aspects that should be taken from the final (and also the Dunf game at ER) that would persuade people to be part of watching Hibs again. They show the art of the possible IMHO.

Move on from the final. Bygones.

Famous5forever
19-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Petrie is going to blame the fans when it all goes wrong again its his way of shifting the blame and it gives him an excuse to not invest in the Squad yet again it will be another long season.

Hibs7
19-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Alternatively, perhaps being part of the occasion of the final itself will have enthused people? Being part of that 22,000 army of green....the excitement of the bus journey through...singing the songs.....a sea of green flags.....the SOL display....family and togetherness. Yes it went horribly wrong in the game itself...but football isn't an entitlement based product. Football is an emotional investment with no right of return. There are plenty of aspects that should be taken from the final (and also the Dunf game at ER) that would persuade people to be part of watching Hibs again. They show the art of the possible IMHO.

Move on from the final. Bygones.

I was at both games, but it will be interesting to see how many turn up for the first home game against the cheats.

Col2
19-07-2012, 01:47 PM
I am one of the non renewers. Have consistently been ST holder for last 15 years with no gaps but stopped getting any real enjoyment or entertainment from it over past 2 years+. After cup final me and my mate decided that was that and would take a year out and pick and choose games. It was never an affordability thing for me - it was my silen protest for 2-3 years of shocking football, sub standard players and managers and a board that struggles to engage with its fans.

But now, I am likely to renew next week when back from hols even if it is me on my own and this is about putting aside the negatives and supporting the club through a difficult time.

Just Alf
19-07-2012, 01:47 PM

This is probably worth looking at then :aok:

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 02:44 PM
If true, then people have missed the point about the situation that faces us.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

The season approaching us is NOT a typical season. Finances this year will not simply be affected by how well Hibs perform, we've got to factor in the loss of revenue caused by the Huns demotion.

I am really quite shocked at the number of season tickets required. I was under the impression from the Cup Final ticket sales that season ticket sales this year would be through the roof. I obviously got that totally wrong.

I'll be contributing through KFK. Hopefully other overseas Hibees will be too. And the membership scheme as well.

Some people will see this as throwing away money. Some people will want results before they're prepared to dig deep (again). Some people feel like they've been let down too many times. I won't argue with any of that but I will just say again, 2012/13 is a very different season to anything we've faced before (at least in recent memory - can't speak for the last 100+ years).

If we're honest without ourselves, Scottish Football is a joke. It's far removed from my childhood memories of the game. It sends a shiver down my spine to think that this could be the beginning of the end. I think we have to do whatever we can to save it. What's the saying....lead, follow or get out the way. If you care about the game then you will appreciate that this is not the time for inaction and complaining.

down-the-slope
19-07-2012, 02:51 PM
What are thoughts on the new renewal deal?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120719/pre-season-payment-plan_2262950_2853567

Lets Work Together group lobbied the club for some form of renewal scheme to be actioned once the 'Fat Lady had Sung' regarding NewCo..as many had held off (understandably) but then the thought of £400 in one go was too much.

We also strongly made the point that the interest on payment plan went down badly (not the clubs fault but still unwelcome)

Very difficult to get something that makes it easier / without fees / and that does not pee off those who renewed months ago.

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Andy it is a messageboard, you have made 100s of posts on things that cannot be changed but you had/have an opinion I have mine it will be put on here when I see fit exactly as you and 100s do. Never mentioned a player or manager after gone when nothing can be done? I think not.

It is very needed as I think the past is why we are looking for 3000+ ST holders.

I have to side with Andy here. I think Hibs fan would have had to been buried in sand for the last 10 years to not see what has been going on here. Everyone is well aware of the facts. Let's back the club. I don't see what has to be gained by bringing up the past.

If some fans are waiting for marquee signings before renewing then they're clearly not thinking straight. It's a risk / reward situation. Let me give an example that I think is quite fitting. Say you buy a lottery ticket. You lose. Does that mean you never buy another lottery ticket ever again? Maybe, maybe not but there are lots of people out there who "invest" money in risky ventures and very rarely see any gain. Supporting most football teams is like buying a lottery ticket - you never quite know what you're going to get. The difference is that you have a vested interest in Hibs. You love them. You want them to do as well as they can. The upside? Days like May 19th which even though was a friggin' disaster in terms of results was still one of the best days I've had (taking into account all the people I met up with, etc).

Waiting for Hibs to buy great players or start performing on the park is like only buying lottery tickets that you know are winners.

You might buy a few losers but when you get that winner, it's all worthwhile.

:tin hat:

alexedwards
19-07-2012, 03:16 PM

nah! that was from another total mess - probably about 6 apologies ago.
Fans want a 16-team league btw so get on it rodo and try not to make another mess of it.

marinello59
19-07-2012, 03:21 PM
You may not like the messenger and many of us may believe that he should no longer be at the club but that doesn't really matter. What he says is spot on. The fans got what we demanded regarding where Rangers start the season. However we will have achieved the square root of **** all if we don't deliver on our part of the bargain by supporting the club by investing in season tickets if we can or going along to as many matches as we can when our club needs us. It's easy threaten not to do things on here when demanding change but the true test of supporter power will by what we actually do to help our club survive the financial uncertainty it faces. We can't have it both ways by arguing that we don't need Rangers to survive then walking away from our own club. If we do then the likes of Traynor and co in the Weegie press will have been proved correct and we really will be exposed as a bunch of keyboard warriors with no real concept of reality. We are better than that surely? Let's back our team.
GGTTH

Weir7
19-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Guys, you're putting up a valiant argument against your club, but did no-one ever tell you that if you don't have anything good to say then sometimes it's better just to say nothing :wink:

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell us what we are allowed to say

Offside Trap
19-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I have to side with Andy here. I think Hibs fan would have had to been buried in sand for the last 10 years to not see what has been going on here. Everyone is well aware of the facts. Let's back the club. I don't see what has to be gained by bringing up the past.

If some fans are waiting for marquee signings before renewing then they're clearly not thinking straight. It's a risk / reward situation. Let me give an example that I think is quite fitting. Say you buy a lottery ticket. You lose. Does that mean you never buy another lottery ticket ever again? Maybe, maybe not but there are lots of people out there who "invest" money in risky ventures and very rarely see any gain. Supporting most football teams is like buying a lottery ticket - you never quite know what you're going to get. The difference is that you have a vested interest in Hibs. You love them. You want them to do as well as they can. The upside? Days like May 19th which even though was a friggin' disaster in terms of results was still one of the best days I've had (taking into account all the people I met up with, etc).

Waiting for Hibs to buy great players or start performing on the park is like only buying lottery tickets that you know are winners.

:agree: Exactly right.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 03:25 PM

I wondered how long it would take :greengrin

Saorsa
19-07-2012, 03:25 PM
You may not like the messenger and many of us may believe that he should no longer be at the club but that doesn't really matter. What he says is spot on. The fans got what we demanded regarding where Rangers start the season. However we will have achieved the square root of **** all if we don't deliver on our part of the bargain by supporting the club by investing in season tickets if we can or going along to as many matches as we can when our club needs us. It's easy threaten not to do things on here when demanding change but the true test of supporter power will by what we actually do to help our club survive the financial uncertainty it faces. We can't have it both ways by arguing that we don't need Rangers to survive then walking away from our own club. If we do then the likes of Traynor and co in the Weegie press will have been proved correct and we really will be exposed as a bunch of keyboard warriors with no real concept of reality. We are better than that surely? Let's back our team.
GGTTHDae you remember I cracked a joke on another thread about agreeing with you :wink: :greengrin

Weir7
19-07-2012, 03:28 PM
GGTTH

Does farmer put petrie forward with the begging bowl with all his other companies when they need investment? NO he don't.

Pair of them are the Lionel Messi of the business world - based on what you read here - let them come up with inovative ideas to raise capital.

Even the basics they can't get right eg behind the goals. Piss up in a brewrey springs to mind.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Does farmer put petrie forward with the begging bowl with all his other companies when they need investment? NO he don't.

Pair of them are the Lionel Messi of the business world - based on what you read here - let them come up with inovative ideas to raise capital.

Even the basics they can't get right eg behind the goals. Piss up in a brewrey springs to mind.

You can help boost the fighting fund here...........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?241243-*****Kicks-For-Kids-Season-Tickets-Fundraiser-19-Tickets-Bought*****

:aok:

marinello59
19-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Dae you remember I cracked a joke on another thread about agreeing with you :wink: :greengrin

Aye. :greengrin

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 03:31 PM

That is fine when you talk about 3 or 4 people not 1000s, IMO regardless lots of people do not see the sitauation as serious as others and will only buy once they believe they will get value for money. The past is why there is a shortfall. I am not bringing up past I am suggesting reasons why we are short on ST holders.

Why are we short on STs? why do we have fans not interested in going back just now? They are not doing it to make sure Hibs go out of business they are motivated by more than RPs statement. Yes that will rally some but the club needs to look at the product and I think that is the biggest % of why the club needs fans.

Continually telling fans we need them IMO has reached its ceiling almost.

FWIW I think the club is addressing the product issues on the park with players on proper contracts this has to continue. RPs statement hits home to the hardcore lifeblood of club the people that will hit home to have probably all but renewed. I do not believe we have 3000+ folk out there that the posts on here are aimed at in support your club these people will have renewed already. IMO the people hanging off or are umsure in the main are looking at product and value therefore we enter the circle.

JustSimplyHibs
19-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Pretty simples really, SUPPORT YOUR CLUB!!! otherwise we go down the tubes.

I'm starting to believe what some Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans are saying about our club, 'Hibs died in the late 90s as we are too busy arguing amongst each other that we forget what is important, and that is backing our heritage and blood'. Going through Hibs.net the Bounce and listening to fellow Hibby's i am begining to agree with them!!!!

If Hibs get to any semi's or finals this season and from now on our board should only ask for tickets to accomidate season ticket holders plus 20% (to cover PATG and overseas supporters)

Anyway guys its upto you.

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

marinello59
19-07-2012, 03:36 PM

Who cares? I don't have an emotional investment in any of his other business interests. The soul of the club belongs to the fans, it seems fair enough to appeal to us as the people most likely to help out. But to be honest you haven't answered my post in any way whatsoever, read my opening lines.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Before the Final, I decided if newhun were not kicked out and were allowed into Div1 I would stop going to the fitba and this I meant, after the final I was really on my last legs with Hibs, no passion,no fight from the players, we were let down badly as we had been for the couple of seasons previous, I said to my mates on the bus back that day, thats ****in it, Im not giving my cash ever again to watch that pish(although it was just anger on my part), the buns really would have been the last straw.The clubs have voted them down and saved the day.
Now we have seen Scottish Fitba FANS unite as one, the clubs are screaming for us to back them, Scottish fitba is on its knees, the least we can do as fans is give it one last throw of the dice, get behind the teams and dare I say it, every other club in Scotland (including the yams) and show them we can live without oldco thankyou very much.
I´d buy a ST if I lived in Scotland, but I cant although I will definitely be back and looking forward tae buying ma new top from the Hibs shop .
One last thing we need to turn up in numbers when hertz come to town, take our medicine and get on with it, its part and parcel of fitba, "new beginnings n´ aw that"
Hail Hail the huns are not here.

Fat Stu
19-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Just to add my 2 cents here, I never voted on any online polls regarding rangers and their status in the SPL nor did I make any bold statements saying that I would buy a season ticket if Newco were omitted from the SPL. I do however agree that the punishment was correct although if anything light.

My reason for not having a season ticket for the third year is down to 2 things 1, the product on the park and 2, Rod Petrie, who in my opinion is responsible for the product on the park being so poor.

I guess this all goes back to when John Collins was in charge and he failed to back him over the players revolt.

Rod has sold every bit of quality we had and in fairness got good prices for them all, in turn he has built east mains which we have yet to reap any benefits from and a new stand we were never going to fill.

Another reason I probably didn’t buy a season ticket is that cold, boring sterile stand and in truth I miss the old east terrace and the people that were in it.

The product on the park has been largely ignored and whilst he can quote increased spending we have spent nothing of the sort of money we have received and everything has been replaced with substandard journeymen no-one else wanted. Every time we are in competition for a player we lose out, FFS we couldn’t even beat St Johnstone for Sheridan last season.

The Cup final was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I will not be buying a season ticket again until, Rod Petrie’s out and the product which I pay to watch improves. Save Scottish Football, Scottish football needs to start saving itself, too many organisations 4 stale leagues, the possibility of playing 1 club 7 times a season!!!! Junior teams attract more fans than division 2 teams! The whole thing from top to bottom requires fixing and all the while us gullible fans pay over the odds and are asked to do so time and time again with different reasons. Stand up and be counted, save Scottish football or whatever rod calls it next time. I’m no longer fooled.

P.S. what Rods long term plan here, beg us to buy season tickets every season no matter how bad we are on the park?

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Pretty simples really, SUPPORT YOUR CLUB!!! otherwise we go down the tubes.

I'm starting to believe what some Celtic, Rangers and Hearts fans are saying about our club, 'Hibs died in the late 90s as we are too busy arguing amongst each other that we forget what is important, and that is backing our heritage and blood'. Going through Hibs.net the Bounce and listening to fellow Hibby's i am begining to agree with them!!!!

If Hibs get to any semi's or finals this season and from now on our board should only ask for tickets to accomidate season ticket holders plus 20% (to cover PATG and overseas supporters)

Anyway guys its upto you.

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

A strange post in the terms of you are asking people to support club but if they choose not to, to your level you think an idea would be to reduce any further income by restricting tickets for big matches?

Barman Stanton
19-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Due to finances I won't be renewing, having had a ST for a few years. But to be honest the final has completely knocked the stuffing out of me anyway. Almost the final straw. Although no doubt I will make most of the games.

Annoying thing is that a little bit of investment from our extremely rich owner would go a huge way in this league. Never going to happen though.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Who cares? I don't have an emotional investment in any of his other business interests. The soul of the club belongs to the fans, it seems fair enough to appeal to us as the people most likely to help out. But to be honest you haven't answered my post in any way whatsoever, read my opening lines.
Petrie hasn't been interested in the fans in the many years he's run Hibs. Accept when he needs us to bail him out for hisups

GreenCastle
19-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Have they improved the match day experience yet ?

Over priced - terrible food being the main one away from the football? :confused:

Least if the team is pish we can look forward to something decent on match day :greengrin

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Petrie hasn't been interested in the fans in the many years he's run Hibs. Accept when he needs us to bail him out for hisups

Wouldnt say thats the case at all, not really much anyone could have done to forsee this scenario we are in. We are not bailing out Petrie or anyone else at the club, we are bailing out Us the fans as we are Hibernaian Football Club, without us there isnt a HFC. We cant let it get to a point where our security is in danger, thats why we have to do what we can as supporters to contribute to success.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Wouldnt say thats the case at all, not really much anyone could have done to forsee this scenario we are in. We are not bailing out Petrie or anyone else at the club, we are bailing out Us the fans as we are Hibernaian Football Club, without us there isnt a HFC. We cant let it get to a point where our security is in danger, thats why we have to do what we can as supporters to contribute to success.

I honestly think the people prepared to fork out £400 accepting the product may not be great are all but used up, people do not all think the same of the club, if everybody had the same desire as a lot in this thread then we would be doing well, we are a normal set of fans like any other.

The club will not appeal to the mass of 3000+ with these same old statements they have to be more dynamic than that, I do not though have that answer at this juncture. If RP is back to this again then I really fear about his direction he is taking club as it has been led very much astray already.

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Here's a thought, we always seem to incentivise buying a season ticket when we get to a cup final to guarantee your ticket, why not be proactive instead and offer for each season ticket purchased you will get a free cup semi & fiinal ticket should we get there!!!!! Mind with this squad it would be a safe bet we wouldnt get to another one of these :greengrin

Here's another, as part of the Incentives to buy a season ticket you get Hibs TV and you also get exclusive access to a Live webchat service with The Manager and selected players each week where you can interact and ask any questions direct to the source for information. "Why did you sub Ivan on Saturday Pat", "What positions are you looking for players" " Why are we gash and what you doing about it :wink:" etc, you get the jist! All ideas to increase the interaction with the supporters and give more incentives to be a registered season ticket holder.

Heres more -

x% Discount to hire out the Famous Five Suite for functions
Access to X open training sessions each season
Free Pie & Bovril X times a season (Not sure thats a benefit mind :greengrin)
Have a fan of the week draw where a season ticket holder drawn at random gets a profile on the website and or to meet the playing staff
Free stadium tours
Bring a friend for free voucher to X game(s)
For each recommended family / friend you get to take out a ST you get % of next years ST
Loyalty rewards - If you have heald a ST for X consecutive years you get a complimentary hospitality match day experience or meal in the FFS restaurant at a time of your choice
Some of the above may already exist I am purley giving some examples of ways to incentivise and convince more people to get ST's. Infact give me Hibs email address lol im going all the way to the source!!!!

Righ back to work ive got some processes to improve at work :wink:

marinello59
19-07-2012, 04:48 PM

It's not about Petrie. I think he has outlived his sell by date at Hibs but that doesn't mean he is not telling it like it is right now. Your choice, if your dislike of Petrie is stronger then your love of Hibs then walk away. It won't help us through the financial shortfall we face right now though will it?

Offside Trap
19-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Irrespective of whether your statement is accurate or not, it's not Petrie we support as fans. It's Hibs. I'm not really sure what the point of your repeated negative posts is. All they serve to do is to put-off from investing any waverers who happen to read them. Great. :rolleyes:

Ray_
19-07-2012, 05:13 PM
It's not about Petrie. I think he has outlived his sell by date at Hibs but that doesn't mean he is not telling it like it is right now. Your choice, if your dislike of Petrie is stronger then your love of Hibs then walk away. It won't help us through the financial shortfall we face right now though will it?

The problem is that fans have been paying through the nose for years and we are in the position where we are because Petrie did not not spend the money wisely. This is where it all falls down, the view of many is that as with most of his stewardship, we are wasting a fortune on mismanagement, while the product has been dreadful.

It's a bit like asking a gambling addict to put the last bet on, because one of the times he is going to hit lucky & we all know that is not the way things should be!

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Brilliant post :agree: Nothing more I can add :aok:

Spike Mandela
19-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Quite possibly the dearest season ticket.in the SPL, one of the poorest Hibs teams ever on the back of a humiliating cup final defeat and the matchday experience of a white elephant stand half full with absolutely zero atmosphere. Doesn't leave a lot for RP to use as marketing.

The club has been mismanaged for years now at board level imo and the team has been neglected in favour of infrastructure that a club our size in the SPL doesn't need although it may be a nice to have. Well now Rod's plan of Rangers in the first division has failed he only really can beg Hibs supporters to bail them out as that mismanagement comes home to roost.

I have my season ticket, an early bird one at that but other than emotional reasons I see no reason why this plea won't fall on deaf ears as most undecideds can just pick and choose their games on a walk up basis.

Hopefully though some of the passion exhibited on the Rangers thread can be translated into people supporting the club combined with a few incentives to buy tickets we might yet be able to tell Rangers we don't need you but I fear Hibs may be sailing in to troubled waters.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Well now Rod's plan of Rangers in the first division has failed ..........

Is this the latest hibs.net FACT?

Spike Mandela
19-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Is this the latest hibs.net FACT?

It's my opinion, are you telling me with your inside knowledge he wanted Rangers in Div3. He clearly tells us in HIS statement it's what the SUPPORTERS wanted. Couldn't quite bring himself to say it was what he wanted eh Mikey.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Why doesnt Petrie sell his 10% share and **** off?

The fans need someone dynamic, enthusiastic and with a business brain he doesn't have those qualities.

More so the fans need someone to believe on that can deliver. He has proven beyond doubt that he cannot.

Petrie calling for fans to invest in the team and ultimately his board will fall on deaf ears.

He has ****ed up far too often.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm lost. 4 season ticks bought when they went on sale. Also home and away strips bought.

Mikey
19-07-2012, 06:16 PM
It's my opinion, are you telling me with your inside knowledge he wanted Rangers in Div3. He clearly tells us in HIS statement it's what the SUPPORTERS wanted. Couldn't quite bring himself to say it was what he wanted eh Mikey.

I don't know what he wanted. I won't be making stuff up though.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Why doesnt Petrie sell his 10% share and **** off?

The fans need someone dynamic, enthusiastic and with a business brain he doesn't have those qualities.

More so the fans need someone to believe on that can deliver. He has proven beyond doubt that he cannot.

Petrie calling for fans to invest in the team and ultimately his board will fall on deaf ears.

He has ****ed up far too often.

Probably one of the major factors in non renewal or lack of interest, the we need to forget about the past and all get behind the club stuff is not going to work for those whom have not renewed no matter how much it may be required.

Tough as it is not everyone that goes to games or some games feel as strongly as others about the club, some just do not have the money and some are only interested in finals, like it or not if we want bigger crowds and need money RP needs to appeal to them. It is quite clear lots of people are prepared to gamble the future of the club for more value for money.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Probably one of the major factors in non renewal or lack of interest, the we need to forget about the past and all get behind the club stuff is not going to work for those whom have not renewed no matter how much it may be required.

Exactly Carlsberg, his time is up.... It was up long ago.

The only way we are going to rally the masses is for him to go. I think that will be key to drive this club forward.

Not many business me will want a minority stake however, and perhaps our owner and Petries biggest fan should name his price.

If Rangers were worth £5.5M, it might not be out the reach of some :)

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Exactly Carlsberg, his time is up.... It was up long ago.

The only way we are going to rally the masses is for him to go. I think that will be key to drive this club forward.

Not many business me will want a minority stake however, and perhaps our owner and Petries biggest fan should name his price.

If Rangers were worth £5.5M, it might not be out the reach of some :)

Perhaps all these folk that are waiting in the wings desperate to buy the club could now step forward, think of the mass support they would get!

Ray_
19-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Tough as it is not everyone that goes to games or some games feel as strongly as others about the club, some just do not have the money and some are only interested in finals, like it or not if we want bigger crowds and need money RP needs to appeal to them. It is quite clear lots of people are prepared to gamble the future of the club for more value for money.

And some reckon that giving Petrie money is a gamble & that's the crux of the matter for me, I've no problem giving it to Hibs, but having him decide what happens to it, no thanks. OK, he owned up to the Calderwood fiasco, but he couldn't really say otherwise, when everybody else saw it months before & that was only the latest of a catalogue of costly disasters.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Perhaps all these folk that are waiting in the wings desperate to buy the club could now step forward, think of the mass support they would get!

Who is desperate to buy the club? What I am saying is we need change. I am also saying the price, if they are willing vendors should be communicated.

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 06:52 PM

You are allowed to say whatever you like. Your post wasn't moderated or deleted. The point being that it's time to stand up and be counted. Yes. Again. As fans we can't just stand up once and hope that will last forever.

I know fans have dug deep before, that's not even up for debate but THIS season is totally unprecedented. It's not just Hibs fans that need to get behind our club, other fans have to support their clubs every bit as much.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 06:57 PM
And some reckon that giving Petrie money is a gamble & that's the crux of the matter for me, I've no problem giving it to Hibs, but having him decide what happens to it, no thanks. OK, he owned up to the Calderwood fiasco, but he couldn't really say otherwise, when everybody else saw it months before & that was only the latest of a catalogue of costly disasters.

It's like giving money to a drunk, to piss against a wall

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Who is desperate to buy the club? What I am saying is we need change. I am also saying the price, if they are willing vendors should be communicated.

We know how much the club is worth. Its in the accounts.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:00 PM

Except we're not really giving it to Petrie, who has very little to do eith the football side of things at Hibs now. We're giving it to Pat Fenlon.

Andy74
19-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Id get banned if I was to make a suggestion in the manner I'd like but to be polite should one or two maybe consider another interest if this one isn't for them?

Weir7
19-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Except we're not really giving it to Petrie, who has very little to do eith the football side of things at Hibs now. We're giving it to Pat Fenlon.

Hahahahahahaha

Nonsense. Total nonsense, no player is bought without petries ok. He is exec chairman. He is Mr Hibs.

HibsMax
That is fine when you talk about 3 or 4 people not 1000s, IMO regardless lots of people do not see the sitauation as serious as others and will only buy once they believe they will get value for money. The past is why there is a shortfall. I am not bringing up past I am suggesting reasons why we are short on ST holders.

Why are we short on STs? why do we have fans not interested in going back just now? They are not doing it to make sure Hibs go out of business they are motivated by more than RPs statement. Yes that will rally some but the club needs to look at the product and I think that is the biggest % of why the club needs fans.

FWIW I think the club is addressing the product issues on the park with players on proper contracts this has to continue. RPs statement hits home to the hardcore lifeblood of club the people that will hit home to have probably all but renewed. I do not believe we have 3000+ folk out there that the posts on here are aimed at in support your club these people will have renewed already. IMO the people hanging off or are umsure in the main are looking at product and value therefore we enter the circle.

Bit in bold. Disagree 100%. The Club will ALWAYS need the fans. That will never change. Even if we were more successful than we are now, Hibs still need the continued support of the fans. Always.

If fans are waiting on the product before they invest then they are not helping the cause. Hibs need money and they need it now. If fans only want to invest in a currently-winning Hibs side then I would suggest that's a backwards approach.

Here's another analogy. You own a racecar and you need money to invest to make it more competitive. Thing is, your sponsors say they won't give you more money until you show improvement. How are you going to improve with the same ****ty car and no funds? Of what benefit to you will it be when your sponsors give you $$$ AFTER you've gained success? Of course the additional money will come in handy but it would have been much more beneficial to provide the $$$ BEFOREHAND.

That's the message that the missing season ticket holders need to grasp.

I appreciate that many people are fed up forking out money for poor displays on the pitch. I have nothing bud respect for these people for digging deep time and time again. I don't even blame people for finding more worthwhile things to do with their money. I'm just saying that investement NOW is much better then investment LATER.

IMO of course. ;)

BoltonHibee

I forgot, you rolled over and had your tummy tickled

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 07:05 PM

So what do we do?? Do nothing and hope we survive? I know where your coming from about his previous managerial appointments but do we cut off our nose to spite our face?

I think this is different, we have a manager that needs backed to see what he delivers, if we don't he delivers pish probably, we moan like **** to get him out and here we go again same ***** just a different season.

We have a real chance to do something,just sad for one reason or an other we probs won't take that next step.

Us fans will be here long after petrie so I couldn't give a toss who I give my money too as long as its Hibs.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Id get banned if I was to make a suggestion in the manner I'd like but to be polite should one or two maybe consider another interest if this one isn't for them?

C'mon Andy spit it out, it's not like you to be backward in coming forward.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Nonsense. Total nonsense, no player is bought without petries ok. He is exec chairman. He is Mr Hibs.

Genius.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:06 PM

WTF are you on about?

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:07 PM
We know how much the club is worth. Its in the accounts.

Is it?

Humour me, what does it say in the accounts.... How much is the club worth?

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Bit in bold. Disagree 100%. The Club will ALWAYS need the fans. That will never change. Even if we were more successful than we are now, Hibs still need the continued support of the fans. Always.

If fans are waiting on the product before they invest then they are not helping the cause. Hibs need money and they need it now. If fans only want to invest in a currently-winning Hibs side then I would suggest that's a backwards approach.

Here's another analogy. You own a racecar and you need money to invest to make it more competitive. Thing is, your sponsors say they won't give you more money until you show improvement. How are you going to improve with the same ****ty car and no funds? Of what benefit to you will it be when your sponsors give you $$$ AFTER you've gained success? Of course the additional money will come in handy but it would have been much more beneficial to provide the $$$ BEFOREHAND.

That's the message that the missing season ticket holders need to grasp.

I appreciate that many people are fed up forking out money for poor displays on the pitch. I have nothing bud respect for these people for digging deep time and time again. I don't even blame people for finding more worthwhile things to do with their money. I'm just saying that investement NOW is much better then investment LATER.

IMO of course. ;)
Where did I say they do noy need fans, not all fans feel as strongly as you but still love club, I am of opinion that the ones who will pay out money regardless of product is about there, something needs done to lure the support a level down, do you think that people do not realise the situation? The facts are in the numbers a lot of people are looking for more than simply just giving the club money.

Like it or not right or wrong people are waiting on investment you see it in Semi/finals people are waiting on things going well to turn up, to another extent this is same on league campaigns. IMO the hardcore support is slowly going down that is clear for one reason or another. I am not agreeing with them it is how I see it.

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 07:08 PM

:rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:09 PM
WTF are you on about?

You're now an official board apologist aren't you?

Apologies if I've got that wrong

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:10 PM
You're now an official board apologist aren't you?

Apologies if I've got that wrong

Apology accepted.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 07:13 PM
You are allowed to say whatever you like. Your post wasn't moderated or deleted. The point being that it's time to stand up and be counted. Yes. Again. As fans we can't just stand up once and hope that will last forever.

I know fans have dug deep before, that's not even up for debate but THIS season is totally unprecedented. It's not just Hibs fans that need to get behind our club, other fans have to support their clubs every bit as much.

Nobody knows if SKY will walk next season. Petrie and others are talking things down. Sky will find it hard to walk out of their contract. The bad PR would be huge. The severe public pressure has to be put on them now

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:13 PM

Utter garbage, realise that we all have different things in life that are important. Hibs are more important to me than to lots of others and I am sure theat Hibs are more important to lots more people than me also.

Hibs need fairweather fans every week every fan is needed, what is being suggested is the club need to remember and maybe you do that not everyone has Hibs at top priority there are 1000s of fans probably in that ilk and they are the ones needed through the door, the rally call will not be the thong to do it, and Frankly Andy if you have Hibs at heart why even suggest maybe Hibs isnt for them? Even somebody going to one game counts.

Face the facts some folk seem to not care as much as you but still care and you seem to think maybe they shouldnt bother? Nonsense.

jdships
19-07-2012, 07:14 PM

Thank you for your sensible posts on this thread :thumbsup:.
Can't get my head round the negativity a la WEIR 7 !
I have met STF and RP on a number of occasions away from ER and have no doubt whatsoever re their commitment to the cause that is
Hibs :flag:
The situation we are faced with as of July 2012 is one no one has ever experienced before and surely for all of the 42 clubs it is going to be a learning curve .
Some will be better equipped to cope than others , that is obvious, and their will be casualties along the way
I genuinely believe Hibs have the base to move " onward and upward"

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Where did I say they do noy need fans, not all fans feel as strongly as you but still love club, I am of opinion that the ones who will pay out money regardless of product is about there, something needs done to lure the support a level down, do you think that people do not realise the situation? The facts are in the numbers a lot of people are looking for more than simply just giving the club money.

You didn't but you said this :

My point is that the club could tell us every single year that the need us, and they would be right. No ceiling reached IMO.

I don't expect people to just give the club money with no payback. But I do expect Hibs to suffer without their backing.

Iggy Pope
19-07-2012, 07:17 PM
The lack of unity on this thread has me believing that the Chairman's plea has fallen on some deaf ears.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Apology accepted.

No problem :)

What are you then, if you were to have a category?

Col2
19-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Utter garbage, realise that we all have different things in life that are important. Hibs are more important to me than to lots of others and I am sure theat Hibs are more important to lots more people than me also.

Hibs need fairweather fans every week every fan is needed, what is being suggested is the club need to remember and maybe you do that not everyone has Hibs at top priority there are 1000s of fans probably in that ilk and they are the ones needed through the door, the rally call will not be the thong to do it, and Frankly Andy if you have Hibs at heart why even suggest maybe Hibs isnt for them? Even somebody going to one game counts.

Face the facts some folk seem to not care as much as you but still care and you seem to think maybe they shouldnt bother? Nonsense.

This is me perfectly summed up and I guess it is for many others at varying levels. I will renew next week after promising I wouldn't but I am lucky that the cost is not a factor for me and my expectations are starting from very low but hope just hope we can get some spirit back to the club. Hibs are not my top priority and I value a lot of the semi critical views on here
by Hibs net posters basically because they are similar to how I feel.

Should I go away and do something else as well? Or does my £400 let me back in? :)

The Modfather
19-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Here's a view from one of the 3000 non renewals who wont be renewing. it is unlikely to be popular, but it is simply an honest account of how I feel -

I had a season ticket for 8 years, up until 3 years ago. The money is not the problem, it is the time, or rather wasting it, that is why I drifted away. I used to be one of the die hards that went almost every week. Now it feels a real chore to go watch Hibs, which is a sad state of affairs.

I wont be returning to the season ticket fold. I have a good job and can afford to go, however I am now of the mindset that I will only pay what I feel the football is worth, about £15 for a Scottish game IMO - hence why the majority of the handful of games I've been to the last year or two were in that price bracket - Dundee United away on Christmas eve, Killie at home in the cup etc. I no longer feel the same blind loyalty I once did. If Hibs give me something (a fit, competative team) I will reciprocate (attend matches etc), if they don't give me anything (the garbage of the last few years) I'll act likewise. In my mind, I have paid my dues (SUABC campaign etc) and simply my heart has hardened towards Hibs.

Other factors have increased my lack of a connection with Hibs and the current board. Such as, after a well constructed, intelligent email I sent to the board addressing lots of points (of which I kept high level and specifically not about individuals or specific games etc) i had a call with Fyfe Hyland. I spoke to him intelligently and openly, only to be met with contempt. His responses were about specific games etc which didn't actual address any of my points. He treated me like an iritant, and after taking the time to try and connect with the club and to not even be asked what would get me back (I had stressed that winning football games was not the quick fix as my apathy was deeper rooted than that) I felt undervalued, taken for granted and that it was a total waste of my time.

I appreciate this season there are many extenuating circumstances, but I'm sorry, I don't feel I am letting the club down by not renewing or attending regularly, despite being able to. Here is a couple of points I've not seen covered:
1. What are the confirmed financial implications of Rangers in the 3rd division, other than one guaranteed (depending on fixtures) away sell out? I've not seen anything about specific sponsors or sky pulling out.
2. As above, if nothing is confirmed so far other than one guaranteed away sell out, I would be very keen to attend the games against Dundee and spend money in the clubstore etc to make up this offset, and hopefully get a full house.
3. We have sold around 7000 season tickets (probably more to date) This is more than the likes of Inverness, Motherwell, St Mirren etc etc, who face the same financial ramifications and shortfalls as we do. I see no reason, why we shouldn't be competitive with those teams. I'm not asking for 2nd or 3rd etc, but that we punch the weight of our season ticket sales e.g. around mid-table.
4. For those that say it is not easy to build a new squad from scratch and the likes of Dundee Utd have built a spine over time and supplemented it each season. That is a valid point, however this mass cull and complete new squad was actually the boards masterplan under Yogi, and to lesser extents Calderwood and Fenlon. So, why can't we afford a squad to compete mid-table based on what we have sold thus far, which is still a bigger budget than most teams this season?

Unless I have missed the stories around sponsors pulling out and tv deals being re-negotiated at a lesser value. I see this as the fans once again bailing us out of this mess. Not the board stepping up, showing some leadership and direction, and actually leading from the front. I feel I have stepped up when required one time too many for little return, so while the ramifications and timing of the Rangers saga are unfortunate, I want the club to put up first this time and sort the mess they got us into, and when they do, or there are signs that they are, I will begin to invest my money, and more importantly time, again.

As a side note, I was speaking to my friend at the East Fife game on Saturday. He told me that his Morton supporting colleague commented on his pessimistic outlook on Hibs, as has a Partick Thistle colleague of mine commented about me. We both agreed that we never used to be like that. I used to be very optimistic, and when we lost a derby or to clubs I have mates that support, I'd take the banter and always proclaim we'll get them next time. Is it a Hibs thing that they eventually grind you down, or am I just getting old and crabby :greengrin

Mikey
19-07-2012, 07:20 PM
The lack of unity on this thread has me believing that the Chairman's plea has fallen on some deaf ears.

It's actually just a few people making as much noise as they can.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:21 PM

Why would I need a category? Suppose if I was to pick one it would be 'supporter' . Bit of a banal question though.

What were the choices?

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Is it?

Humour me, what does it say in the accounts.... How much is the club worth?

It was maybe inaccurate to say the value was in the accounts but it will be determined from the figures in the accounts by those that know about such things.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:22 PM
You didn't but you said this :

My point is that the club could tell us every single year that the need us, and they would be right. No ceiling reached IMO.

I don't expect people to just give the club money with no payback. But I do expect Hibs to suffer without their backing.

We can disagree then, the clubs hardcore support keep the club running and like it or not and IMO that hardcore is declining. So I think yes statements like that have reached there ceiling in enticing fans, yeah it will always get some but if the figures are 3000 then I think other things are required.

There are 1000s looking for value now and will not renew or go to many games until that improves the facts seem to be clearly in our figures, some people think well we dont need them types of fans (not you btw) well they make up a large % of the support so we do need everyone of them.

Iggy Pope
19-07-2012, 07:23 PM
It's actually just a few people making as much noise as they can.

Plenty time for noise making in the coming weeks.

Weir7
19-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you for your sensible posts on this thread :thumbsup:.
Can't get my head round the negativity a la WEIR 7 !
I have met STF and RP on a number of occasions away from ER and have no doubt whatsoever re their commitment to the cause that is
Hibs :flag:
The situation we are faced with as of July 2012 is one no one has ever experienced before and surely for all of the 42 clubs it is going to be a learning curve .
Some will be better equipped to cope than others , that is obvious, and their will be casualties along the way
I genuinely believe Hibs have the base to move " onward and upward"

Realism isn't negativity.

Farmer after the cup final promised big changes. He wouldn't be embarrased like that again. Still waiting Tom.

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 07:25 PM

There is more likely another reason.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Here's a view from one of the 3000 non renewals who wont be renewing. it is unlikely to be popular, but it is simply an honest account of how I feel -

I had a season ticket for 8 years, up until 3 years ago. The money is not the problem, it is the time, or rather wasting it, that is why I drifted away. I used to be one of the die hards that went almost every week. Now it feels a real chore to go watch Hibs, which is a sad state of affairs.

I wont be returning to the season ticket fold. I have a good job and can afford to go, however I am now of the mindset that I will only pay what I feel the football is worth, about £15 for a Scottish game IMO - hence why the majority of the handful of games I've been to the last year or two were in that price bracket - Dundee United away on Christmas eve, Killie at home in the cup etc. I no longer feel the same blind loyalty I once did. If Hibs give me something (a fit, competative team) I will reciprocate (attend matches etc), if they don't give me anything (the garbage of the last few years) I'll act likewise. In my mind, I have paid my dues (SUABC campaign etc) and simply my heart has hardened towards Hibs.

Other factors have increased my lack of a connection with Hibs and the current board. Such as, after a well constructed, intelligent email I sent to the board addressing lots of points (of which I kept high level and specifically not about individuals or specific games etc) i had a call with Fyfe Hyland. I spoke to him intelligently and openly, only to be met with contempt. His responses were about specific games etc which didn't actual address any of my points. He treated me like an iritant, and after taking the time to try and connect with the club and to not even be asked what would get me back (I had stressed that winning football games was not the quick fix as my apathy was deeper rooted than that) I felt undervalued, taken for granted and that it was a total waste of my time.

I appreciate this season there are many extenuating circumstances, but I'm sorry, I don't feel I am letting the club down by not renewing or attending regularly, despite being able to. Here is a couple of points I've not seen covered:
1. What are the confirmed financial implications of Rangers in the 3rd division, other than one guaranteed (depending on fixtures) away sell out? I've not seen anything about specific sponsors or sky pulling out.
2. As above, if nothing is confirmed so far other than one guaranteed away sell out, I would be very keen to attend the games against Dundee and spend money in the clubstore etc to make up this offset, and hopefully get a full house.
3. We have sold around 7000 season tickets (probably more to date) This is more than the likes of Inverness, Motherwell, St Mirren etc etc, who face the same financial ramifications and shortfalls as we do. I see no reason, why we shouldn't be competitive with those teams. I'm not asking for 2nd or 3rd etc, but that we punch the weight of our season ticket sales e.g. around mid-table.
4. For those that say it is not easy to build a new squad from scratch and the likes of Dundee Utd have built a spine over time and supplemented it each season. That is a valid point, however this mass cull and complete new squad was actually the boards masterplan under Yogi, and to lesser extents Calderwood and Fenlon. So, why can't we afford a squad to compete mid-table based on what we have sold thus far, which is still a bigger budget than most teams this season?

Unless I have missed the stories around sponsors pulling out and tv deals being re-negotiated at a lesser value. I see this as the fans once again bailing us out of this mess. Not the board stepping up, showing some leadership and direction, and actually leading from the front. I feel I have stepped up when required one time too many for little return, so while the ramifications and timing of the Rangers saga are unfortunate, I want the club to put up first this time and sort the mess they got us into, and when they do, or there are signs that they are, I will begin to invest my money, and more importantly time, again.

As a side note, I was speaking to my friend at the East Fife game on Saturday. He told me that his Morton supporting colleague commented on his pessimistic outlook on Hibs, as has a Partick Thistle colleague of mine commented about me. We both agreed that we never used to be like that. I used to be very optimistic, and when we lost a derby or to clubs I have mates that support, I'd take the banter and always proclaim we'll get them next time. Is it a Hibs thing that they eventually grind you down, or am I just getting old and crabby :greengrin

I think you are not alone in any of that.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Under normal circumstances, I would dismiss a statement like this from the club.

However, these aren't "normal circumstances" that we're experiencing here. I personally have great doubts about the board and how they are taking the club forward (or not, as the case may be). However this isn't the time to be discussing things like that.

We need to remember that it was the fans who were putting a massive amount of pressure on their clubs to vote the new Rangers out of the SPL for next season by threatening to walk away from Scottish football if the vote wasn't to their liking.

The fans have got what they demanded and Rangers will, assuming they get their SFA membership, be playing in division three next season. However with that decision comes major financial implications and consequences.

It stands to reason that without one of the biggest teams in the league next season, we are going to have to somehow try and make up the shortfall by ourselves. If we don't then it could be clubs like Hibs who are next to get into money troubles.

I completely understand and agree to an extent with those who are saying that they're not going back until they see a vast improvement on what they've been watching on the pitch for the past few years. The last couple of seasons have been absolutely dreadful and the 19th May was one of the lowest points in the club's recent history.

There will be a time when we can revisit those sorts of discussions and start putting pressure on the board again for the lack of success on the pitch. As I said earlier, I do have my doubts about the people running our club and I'm sure we will be given the opportunity to criticise them again in the future.

However now is not that time and I think it's vital that people back the club over the short term as the good of the club absolutely depends on it.

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 07:29 PM
We can disagree then, the clubs hardcore support keep the club running and like it or not and IMO that hardcore is declining. So I think yes statements like that have reached there ceiling in enticing fans, yeah it will always get some but if the figures are 3000 then I think other things are required.

There are 1000s looking for value now and will not renew or go to many games until that improves the facts seem to be clearly in our figures, some people think well we dont need them types of fans (not you btw) well they make up a large % of the support so we do need everyone of them.

If this was just another season I would be agreeing with you. This is not just about Hibs though, it's about all of Scottish football. At this risk of becoming monotonous, this upcoming season is not a typical season and as such requires some extraordinary measures.

It's a personal decision for everyone but I believe we should back the club now when they need it rather than hoping they can make it without my investment, then invest which makes little sense to me.

We could dance all day but I need to get out and play some golf. ;)

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Why would I need a category? Suppose if I was to pick one it would be 'supporter' . Bit of a banal question though.

What were the choices?

You are right of course, you don't need to be in any category.

Enjoy your next meeting, I look forward to your comments from that

hibee_nation
19-07-2012, 07:33 PM

I think his catagory is Hibs fan, yours is torn faced git.

Iggy Pope
19-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I think his catagory is Hibs fan, yours is torn faced git.

Can you blame him? Have you been to Bolton?

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:36 PM
If this was just another season I would be agreeing with you. This is not just about Hibs though, it's about all of Scottish football. At this risk of becoming monotonous, this upcoming season is not a typical season and as such requires some extraordinary measures.

It's a personal decision for everyone but I believe we should back the club now when they need it rather than hoping they can make it without my investment, then invest which makes little sense to me.

We could dance all day but I need to get out and play some golf. ;)

It is irrelevant what season it is mate, people know the financial situation but are still not renewing, people it is clear in their 1000s disagree with you but 1000s who renew do agree.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 07:37 PM
It was maybe inaccurate to say the value was in the accounts but it will be determined from the figures in the accounts by those that know about such things.

So you don't know the value Falcon....

The value is what someone is prepared to pay, I would like to know what the value is that STF places on the club

HibsMax
19-07-2012, 07:37 PM
OK, one more analogy before I slip off to the fairways. Yahoo! I hear you scream! :)

Imagine you are in a sinking boat with 19 other people (20 in total). You are the unfortunate position of being the idiot who ran the boat into some rocks. It was your fault, no denying it. There's nobody available to help you since other cuts that have been made has meant there is less money available to fund emergency services, so you're more alone than before.

But you're in luck, there are 20 buckets on board. If you all bail out the water at the same time you can remain afloat. However, only 10 of you are bailing. The other 10 are waiting on a new captain being appointed. The 10 of you continue to bail out the water and the boat remains afloat but you are still taking on water. After some discussion the captain is replaced at which time the other 10 people start to bail out the water.

Bugger, it's too late. The additional efforts came too late and the boat took on too much water and it sank.

If only those other 10 had helped a little earlier...

The point I am making is not that the captain didn't need replaced, it's about timing. Do what you can to help now rather than waiting until such time as (a) it's too late, or (b) your help, while appreciated, doesn't do much to help in near-term.

Iggy Pope
19-07-2012, 07:38 PM
It is irrelevant what season it is mate, people know the financial situation but are still not renewing people it is clear in there 1000s disagree with your approach and 1000s who renew do agree.

And 1000s who don't agree or disagree but buy a ST as a matter of course?

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:39 PM
And 1000s who don't agree or disagree but buy a ST as a matter of course?
Probably

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, one more analogy before I slip off to the fairways. Yahoo! I hear you scream! :)

Imagine you are in a sinking boat with 19 other people (20 in total). You are the unfortunate position of being the idiot who ran the boat into some rocks. It was your fault, no denying it. There's nobody available to help you since other cuts that have been made has meant there is less money available to fund emergency services, so you're more alone than before.

But you're in luck, there are 20 buckets on board. If you all bail out the water at the same time you can remain afloat. However, only 10 of you are bailing. The other 10 are waiting on a new captain being appointed. The 10 of you continue to bail out the water and the boat remains afloat but you are still taking on water. After some discussion the captain is replaced at which time the other 10 people start to bail out the water.

Bugger, it's too late. The additional efforts came too late and the boat took on too much water and it sank.

If only those other 10 had helped a little earlier...

The point I am making is not that the captain didn't need replaced, it's about timing. Do what you can to help now rather than waiting until such time as (a) it's too late, or (b) your help, while appreciated, doesn't do much to help in near-term.

Get on that golf cart ffs:greengrin

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 07:41 PM
It is irrelevant what season it is mate, people know the financial situation but are still not renewing, people it is clear in their 1000s disagree with you but 1000s who renew do agree.

If clubs struggle the ONLY reason that will be offered is that we could not survive without Rangers.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM
If clubs struggle the ONLY reason that will be offered is that we could not survive without Rangers.

What has that got to do with it?

matty_f
19-07-2012, 07:52 PM
You are right of course, you don't need to be in any category.

Enjoy your next meeting, I look forward to your comments from that

Why don't you come along instead of sniping at those that did?

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 07:59 PM
So you don't know the value Falcon....

The value is what someone is prepared to pay, I would like to know what the value is that STF places on the club

Is there not a formula that works out the value of these things taking into account the relevant factors? Would give a starting point at least.

But you are right in that it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. In which case its probably of greater value levelled and sold for housing than sold as an ongoing football club. I would imagine the same could be said of most, if not all, SPL clubs.

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 08:00 PM
What has that got to do with it?

Then Traynor and co will be right.

Onion
19-07-2012, 08:01 PM
IMHO, if Petrie, who has pissed away £millions over the last 5 years was to step aside, then this plea for 3000 more ST holders would not be needed. Hibs fans would be queuing outside ER to sign up.

Respect for the honest appeal, particular the admission of "There are many reasons not to buy a Season Ticket." I hope we get the 3000 extra ST holder they say they need. But more importantly, I hope they repay that faith with sensible FOOTBALL decisions that improves the product on the park, shows ambition for the club and reverses the downward spiral THEY have had us on for 5 years.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 08:06 PM

Well it will not be correct one so Traynor isnt right, if Hibs struggle it is due to our own issues with numbers.

The Falcon
19-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Well it will not be correct one so Traynor isnt right, if Hibs struggle it is due to our own issues with numbers.

good luck convincing them of that. Its worth the ST money to prove those ferkwits wrong. To me at least.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 08:12 PM
good luck convincing them of that. Its worth the ST money to prove those ferkwits wrong. To me at least.

Do not give a toss about what JT thinks.

marinello59
19-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm lost. 4 season ticks bought when they went on sale. Also home and away strips bought.

Yet you argue the case for others not to renew. Either you are lying or spouting negativity for purely selfish reasons. Either way you aint engaging in any meaningful manner.

Jonnyboy
19-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Started to read this thread and then gave up after the first page :greengrin

My tuppence worth .......

I read the statement on the official site and then I listened to Rod's interview on Hibs TV.

What comes out of this (in my opinion of course) is that Rangers have been dealt with for their misdeeds and there is a price to pay for that. It was also obvious to me that Rod confirmed he has done nothing underhand, as some on here suggested, and that his primary focus has been on the future welfare of Hibs and then Scottish football in general.

In the past I've criticised Rod over various things but on this occasion I commend him for his actions and fully support the drive to get the fans back to the stadium. Yes he's made mistakes but the one thing he is not is a liar.

So, the picture is clear as far as I'm concerned. Personal finances permitting, Hibs fans need to do their job and support the club. What's past is past, it's the future that matters

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Why don't you come along instead of sniping at those that did?

I have absolutely no interest in attending any meeting between the current board and supporters.

The board and the owners are well past their sell by date.

The fact that they ask you to attend and have some sort if working party suggest to me they have run out of any ideas, they may have had.

It smacks to me of desperation and as a board they look like rank amateurs who are devoid of any idea.

You, and I respect that your intentions are well placed, have absolutely no chance of having any real impact with these jokers.

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Anyone know why you can't buy STs online? Would seem an easy option for those who are still undecided.

Anyone.....:confused:

Weir7
19-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Yet you argue the case for others not to renew. Either you are lying or spouting negativity for purely selfish reasons. Either way you aint engaging in any meaningful manner.
Where did I say for people not to renew?

I'd love us to have 20k season tick holders. I'm highlighting my opposition to petrie

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Do you really need to ask? Another in a long line of inadequacies that cost our club dear

Weir7
19-07-2012, 08:33 PM
I have absolutely no interest in attending any meeting between the current board and supporters.

The fact that they ask you to attend and have some sort if working party suggest to me they have run out of any ideas, they may have had.
Also,
It smacks to me of desperation and as a board they look like rank amateurs who are devoid of any idea.

You, and I respect that your intentions are well placed, have absolutely no chance of having any real impact with these jokers.

we had these groups 8 years ago. The board hired Cyrstal Blue to run them. 8 years on we are in a biggest state. Common denominator petrie, lyndsay. And david forsyth who has been in charge of PR and Hibs for well over 10 years and attends board meetings.

Out off their depth.

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Do you really need to ask? Another in a long line of inadequacies that cost our club dear

Are you replying to my post about online (or lack of) STs?

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 08:34 PM

I contacted the club about this but have yet to receive a reason as to why this is the case. Unfortunately, taken in context of the chairman's statement, it smacks of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Keith_M
19-07-2012, 08:36 PM

Are you a Drunk, A Troll or just a Total Misery?????

I can't actually see the point of your incessant sniping on here. If being in any way associated with Hibs is having such a negative effect on you, why are you bothering? :confused:

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Are you replying to my post about online (or lack of) STs?

Yes :)

Piqué
19-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Petrie is all i have known as a hibs fan, being of the younger generation. :wink: Hard for me to imagine us with anyone else in charge so I'm willing to back the big man and stick with the tache a little longer.

TEAM PETRIE :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:39 PM
I contacted the club about this but have yet to receive a reason as to why this is the case. Unfortunately, taken in context of the chairman's statement, it smacks of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Seems crazy. Maybe something to do with their IT system being unable to cope once the deadline for renewing your old seat had passed? Again, just so typical Hibs.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Are you a Drunk, A Troll or just a Total Misery?????

I can't actually see the point of your incessant sniping on here. If being in any way associated with Hibs is having such a negative effect on you, why are you bothering? :confused:

I've no idea what a troll is. I do like a drink, but I am no drunk ( although I have been merry on several occasions).

If you don't like what I have to say, stick me on your ignore list.

If you like what our owners, board etc have given us over the last few years, good luck to you.

Leave me and many others to keep on highlighting the misery

Hiber-nation
19-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes :)

OK :greengrin

Ozyhibby
19-07-2012, 08:50 PM
A fair statement from the club. It's time for Hibs fans to dig deep and sign up for the new season.
I've still got reservations about Fenlon but I said I would return if the right thing was done with the Huns and think we're getting there.
C'mon the Hibs.

matty_f
19-07-2012, 08:54 PM

This is a supporter led initiative, the Board didn't ask us to do it-we offered because we want the club to be better. You should at least try to have an idea of what's happening before dismissing it.

lucky
19-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Rubbish no group or individual is the fountain of all knowledge. Fans know what they want. Any board that ignores its customers is just plain stupid

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 08:59 PM
This is a supporter led initiative, the Board didn't ask us to do it-we offered because we want the club to be better. You should at least try to have an idea of what's happening before dismissing it.

You are probably right, I must admit at being confused as to the purpose of it all. The intentions/ purpose of it all were lost on me as it was all so cryptic early on.

BoltonHibee
19-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Rubbish no group or individual is the fountain of all knowledge. Fans know what they want. Any board that ignores its customers is just plain stupid

Our board have ignored what the fans wanted or advised long ago.

JustSimplyHibs
19-07-2012, 09:18 PM
A strange post in the terms of you are asking people to support club but if they choose not to, to your level you think an idea would be to reduce any further income by restricting tickets for big matches?

Some people might fall for it!!! :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-07-2012, 10:28 PM

We are Hibernian f.c.

:faf: Thanks Andy.

If Rod was here he would probably mount you.

I had no idea that things were that desparate for RP :greengrin

booshsutton
19-07-2012, 10:36 PM
I know season ticket sales are the lifeblood of the budget, however why are they solely focusing on ST sales? Why not try to cater to the fans who cannot commit to a full blown season ticket? Surely all revenue streams should be investigated!

The membership scheme that they launched last year was a good idea (although not particularly popular I believe). Why not offer this again at a fixed rate with a couple of incentives - ticket to the Hearts game on the 11th, half price kit, or go further and offer tickets to the home games vs Celtc and Hearts with a membership cost of £100. Prioroty tickets for future matches, 10% of tickets (or no booking fee) when purchased with membership card etc etc.

Or perhaps some sort of ticket where you bought tickets to 5/10 games up front, then had to use a voucher or whatever to reserve the games you could go to. If you want category A games then add a fiver when reserving your tickets. A bit more flexibility and value for money over a season ticket.

In the current economic climate, a cost of £400 for a season ticket is too much. You only need to miss one or two games and it no longer stacks up. Personally I can't justify a season ticket as I know going to every game isn't an option, but do plan to get to Easter Road as many times as possible - don't like being made to feel like a second class supporter just because I cannot commit to a season ticket & will pay at the gate (or via ticket office). Would buy a membership tomorrow if it was on offer!

IWasThere2016
19-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I know season ticket sales are the lifeblood of the budget, however why are they solely focusing on ST sales? Why not try to cater to the fans who cannot commit to a full blown season ticket? Surely all revenue streams should be investigated!

The membership scheme that they launched last year was a good idea (although not particularly popular I believe). Why not offer this again at a fixed rate with a couple of incentives - ticket to the Hearts game on the 11th, half price kit, or go further and offer tickets to the home games vs Celtc and Hearts with a membership cost of £100. Prioroty tickets for future matches, 10% of tickets (or no booking fee) when purchased with membership card etc etc.

Or perhaps some sort of ticket where you bought tickets to 5/10 games up front, then had to use a voucher or whatever to reserve the games you could go to. If you want category A games then add a fiver when reserving your tickets. A bit more flexibility and value for money over a season ticket.

In the current economic climate, a cost of £400 for a season ticket is too much. You only need to miss one or two games and it no longer stacks up. Personally I can't justify a season ticket as I know going to every game isn't an option, but do plan to get to Easter Road as many times as possible - don't like being made to feel like a second class supporter just because I cannot commit to a season ticket & will pay at the gate (or via ticket office). Would buy a membership tomorrow if it was on offer!

All very valid points .. the bold section is key, and it is a situation the Board are responsible for creating IMHO.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 10:51 PM
What bothers me is it is the same old same old, I do not think RP has a clue why the 3000+ have not renewed. The board will need to do a lot better to get anywhere even close to that. Maybe try something else other than the same old stuff that has fell on deaf ears for 2 years+.

I think the board meet in Aonoch Mhor lighthouse and come up with these master plans.

Board "gonnae buy Season tickets"

Punters "naw"

Board "just gonnae"

BEEJ
19-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Personally I can't justify a season ticket as I know going to every game isn't an option, but do plan to get to Easter Road as many times as possible - don't like being made to feel like a second class supporter just because I cannot commit to a season ticket & will pay at the gate (or via ticket office).
:agree: I'm in the same boat.

But presently we're only able to stand on the sidelines, unable to contribute to the immediate problem in any meaningful way (unless we're willng to make a charitable donation. :cb)

I mentioned this on another thread but pre-paid Hibs expenditure cards could be the answer. The money on the card is useable for one season only on match tickets at ER or on club merchandise. What you haven't used on the card by 31 May the club keeps anyway. No incentives. Just a means of suporters committing to a minimum amout of spend with Hibs during the coming season.

Meantime strong incentives and benefits would still accrue to full ST holders, as that would remain the club's preference in terms of sales.

A pre-paid card scheme would enable more supporters to contribute to the cause at the start of the season than is currently the case.

IWasThere2016
19-07-2012, 11:40 PM

But presently we're only able to stand on the sidelines, unable to contribute to the immediate problem in any meaningful way (unless we're willng to make a charitable donation. :cb)

I mentioned this on another thread but pre-paid Hibs expenditure cards could be the answer. The money on the card is useable for one season only on match tickets at ER or on club merchandise. What you haven't used on the card by 31 May the club keeps anyway. No incentives. Just a means of suporters committing to a minimum amout of spend with Hibs during the coming season.

Meantime strong incentives and benefits would still accrue to full ST holders, as that would remain the club's preference in terms of sales.

A pre-paid card scheme would enable more supporters to contribute to the cause at the start of the season than is currently the case.

Great idea :agree: should be available in bundles of say £50-£100 with a greater incentive/discount for the more purchased.

truehibernian
20-07-2012, 12:20 AM

That's a far too inventive and innovative scheme for the likes of Hibernian's Board to consider Beej :agree:

I said last season in a rather long winded post - Fyfe and Scott, as directed by Rod, show (showed in Fyfe's case) absolutely no innovation, no drive, no ambition and no consideration to current markets. The product on and off the pitch at Hibernian is far too poor and far too expensive in today's football market. In short they all need to step aside and get a fresh, new, invigorated board of directors to really push Hibernian forward.

You can sadly now read Rod like a book.....an old, dusty one that's been on the bookshelf unopened for a good wee while. This statement was predictable - the yearly begging bowl however this one comes with the added dash of 'we did what we were asked to by you, the fans, in voting Rangers out - now repay our faith in your decision with your cash' - Hibs have got me by the short and curlies each season because they are now in the blood - however there is nothing, and I mean nothing, for any young person or teenager to feel the same way about Hibs these days, other than perhaps their dad's or family members dragging them along to 'blood them' - it's a depressing day out these days at Hibs let's be brutally honest about it. The half time entertainment is either watching a guy try and kick a football into the boot of a car that's parked nearly in Lochend, or wee 6 year olds that show more composure than any of our front line in the '10 second challenge' !

A few years ago I saw Hibs as being a bit like Crewe Alexandra with real emphasis on bringing on and introducing youth and having a vibrant team. We missed a trick however - we allowed our 'Deeks, Brown, GOC and Whitty' era to think it was easy and the conveyor belt would still churn out talent - yet we allowed John Park to leave without really scouring the football world to replace him and in subsequent seasons have lowered investment in coaching - the best youth programmes at present in Scotland are Livi and Hearts for all age groups.

Then we had to go to Homebase to get more WD40 for the front doors as manager's came and went with alarming regularity. I just hope that even if we have a bad season, if there is little chinks of light re Pat and his efforts to change the culture, we stick with him and don't hit the panic button.

You have my money each and every season Rod, only through blind loyalty - and down to me not seeking mental health assessment ! Will you get my son's money for years to come though - I very much doubt it mate.

virtualhibby
20-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Great idea :agree: should be available in bundles of say £50-£100 with a greater incentive/discount for the more purchased.

This is still the best option I have heard yet. I won't buy an ST but would commit £200 now that I / the kids could call off over the season.

Sent from the commode in my listening room.

Tyler Durden
20-07-2012, 06:32 AM
That's a far too inventive and innovative scheme for the likes of Hibernian's Board to consider Beej :agree:

I said last season in a rather long winded post - Fyfe and Scott, as directed by Rod, show (showed in Fyfe's case) absolutely no innovation, no drive, no ambition and no consideration to current markets. The product on and off the pitch at Hibernian is far too poor and far too expensive in today's football market. In short they all need to step aside and get a fresh, new, invigorated board of directors to really push Hibernian forward.

You can sadly now read Rod like a book.....an old, dusty one that's been on the bookshelf unopened for a good wee while. This statement was predictable - the yearly begging bowl however this one comes with the added dash of 'we did what we were asked to by you, the fans, in voting Rangers out - now repay our faith in your decision with your cash' - Hibs have got me by the short and curlies each season because they are now in the blood - however there is nothing, and I mean nothing, for any young person or teenager to feel the same way about Hibs these days, other than perhaps their dad's or family members dragging them along to 'blood them' - it's a depressing day out these days at Hibs let's be brutally honest about it. The half time entertainment is either watching a guy try and kick a football into the boot of a car that's parked nearly in Lochend, or wee 6 year olds that show more composure than any of our front line in the '10 second challenge' !

A few years ago I saw Hibs as being a bit like Crewe Alexandra with real emphasis on bringing on and introducing youth and having a vibrant team. We missed a trick however - we allowed our 'Deeks, Brown, GOC and Whitty' era to think it was easy and the conveyor belt would still churn out talent - yet we allowed John Park to leave without really scouring the football world to replace him and in subsequent seasons have lowered investment in coaching - the best youth programmes at present in Scotland are Livi and Hearts for all age groups.

Then we had to go to Homebase to get more WD40 for the front doors as manager's came and went with alarming regularity. I just hope that even if we have a bad season, if there is little chinks of light re Pat and his efforts to change the culture, we stick with him and don't hit the panic button.

You have my money each and every season Rod, only through blind loyalty - and down to me not seeking mental health assessment ! Will you get my son's money for years to come though - I very much doubt it mate.

Agree with all of this plus the sensible posts from Boosh and Beej. No doubt *****, Mikey or ***** will be along shortly to tell you that you're no actually real fans though, so just buy in to the statement or shut up......

Personally I think I will now renew but it's very much in spite of Petrie and this board. The lack of vision or strategy is beyond a joke. The statement mentions the economy and acknowledges not everyone can manage a ST but there's again no apparent thought given to how to make it easier to get people back to ER, for as many games as they can afford. It's just (the 3rd now) plea to buy STs. Other than begging, what are the board actually doing to "find replacement income"?

Beefster
20-07-2012, 06:36 AM

Good post. I've been saying a lot of the same things.

lucky
20-07-2012, 06:58 AM
I renewed ages ago after vowing not to. Football is too expensive in Scotland and is driving fans away. Some of the suggestions being put forward here are excellent. But have draw backs. I like the top up card, which guarantees your seat and you can feel part of the club. A ST is not worth it unless you get to every home game. I missed 2/3 games every season but keep getting one to sit with my mates. But with a top up I could pay my money and still get to sit with my mates and pay for the games I go to but Hibs would lose out as I would not be paying for games I don't go to.

But there are many ST holders who use child/ student/oap/ disabled tickets fraudulently so this again is a source of income which Hibs could bring in if it was properly managed. Can someone tell me why a carer gets a ST for the same price as a disabled person?

I personally think Scottish football just needs to adjust its self to the level we can afford. Or do something really radical like merging with the English leagues to have a more level playing field within the UK

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2012, 07:01 AM
The reason we have less season ticket sales is simple, we are pish. Its not rocket science, the worse we ger the less people we get through the door.

Who's fault is this, in my opinion its those who are at the top. They pick managers who have not been up to the job, and in Calderclowns case, backed him when it was clear he was out of his depth, and didn't actually want to be in the job.

This is not something new, or exclusive to Hibs, crowds drop at every club when they play crap and lose games.

We have been on a downward slope for a few seasons now, and with that crowds are down. There's only so many times you can go to the well before it empty's, i think its time for the board to put a bit in now, its time for them to lead from the front.

How many times do they come to the rescue when we are struggling, perhaps they could find this money they always find when we are in trouble now, and have faith in this manager to spend it better than the previous incumbents?

A winning team will see crowds return, a struggling side wont. The team we currently have will struggle again this season, its clear from the non renewals the fans are not stumping up the cash, there's two scenarios here, more of the same, or STF puts a bit in and better payers are purchased, leading to hopefully better results = bigger crowds?

Or perhaps we will get lucky and every other club will be much weaker, we have caught up with them, and thats the plan?