PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs after Sandaza

SteveHFC
18-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Saints boss Steve Lomas is still hoping to tempt Sandaza into a Perth U-turn, but the Jambos and Hibs are keen too.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4437326/Fran-is-still-Ibrox-target.html

hibeequinn
18-07-2012, 11:41 PM
really need a player of his calibre who would want ti sign for a bunch ae cheating ****bags in a part time division come on petrie dnt lose out too mad vlad again

Nando™
18-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Vlad's phree munny will ensure he gets him :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
18-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Hopefully he accepts our offer of £30 a week with 6 free bottles of Crabbies :wink:

hibeequinn
19-07-2012, 12:06 AM
well lets hope and pray that petrie sees theres a chance of finishing in the top 6 if he plays his cards right signs sandazza griffiths and strong cm and winger cause dont like sproule

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 01:37 AM
well lets hope and pray that petrie sees theres a chance of finishing in the top 6 if he plays his cards right signs sandazza griffiths and strong cm and winger cause dont like sproule

Oh is the money ripe again? I didn't think we harvested it until January? Rod must have planted a few more trees.

R'Albin
19-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I think the Huns need to lower their expectations a little.

StevesFamau5
19-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Hopefully he accepts our offer of £30 a week with 6 free bottles of Crabbies :wink:

I see what you did there... :D

Its enough to tempt ne. Although after x amount of tins.. Its not hard to tempt me.. Im digging a bigger hole here...
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

lord bunberry
19-07-2012, 03:43 AM
He is just the sort of striker we could do with signing let's hope it happens

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-07-2012, 03:47 AM
More like it, I can see a fans favourite.

cad
19-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Big Ben , Jake McPake , Sandaza would an excellent signing if it came about

Steve20
19-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Would love him to sign but if Hearts are in for him, they'll just pay more like they've done with a few others over last few years.

Pete
19-07-2012, 04:49 AM
More Sevco orientated pish from the sun. They had to get in the "feel good" sentence about Beattie and Black in at the end.

Hearts or Sevco can have him. He might be a good striker but he's moody and goes missing. I don't ever want to see anyone who is moody or goes missing at Hibs ever again.

Pete
19-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Would love him to sign but if Hearts are in for him, they'll just pay more like they've done with a few others over last few years.

Things have changed. They can't afford a squad that can simply stroll up to our ground and beat us. Their days of buying success are over.

Good players win matches and it's going to be a level playing field from now on.

scoopyboy
19-07-2012, 05:00 AM
I could be wrong but the Sun could well be making it up.

Everybody knows we need a striker so its easy for a journalist just to add our name on to his fabricated list.

Ross Forbes wants a club so his name gets put against Hibs as well.

Steve20
19-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Things have changed. They can't afford a squad that can simply stroll up to our ground and beat us. Their days of buying success are over.

Good players win matches and it's going to be a level playing field from now on.

I'd like to believe that. However, we've heard this before, along with things like fire sales etc. It never seems to happen.

Pete
19-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I'd like to believe that. However, we've heard this before, along with things like fire sales etc. It never seems to happen.

They've run up debt since the late nineties artificially boosting their team. Since 2005 they've been artificially financed resulting in players being at the club who wouldn't have been if they had simply relied on normal financial income like we had to do. Looking back on the 2005/06 season you can see how artificial their team was while ours was organic.

The difference is that nobody is financing them this time. For the first time in around 12 years they will have to compete on a level playing field. It might be a strange experience for their fans but they're going to have to realise that they are also a "wee team". They always have been.

easty
19-07-2012, 06:30 AM
They've run up debt since the late nineties artificially boosting their team. Since 2005 they've been artificially financed resulting in players being at the club who wouldn't have been if they had simply relied on normal financial income like we had to do. Looking back on the 2005/06 season you can see how artificial their team was while ours was organic.

The difference is that nobody is financing them this time. For the first time in around 12 years they will have to compete on a level playing field. It might be a strange experience for their fans but they're going to have to realise that they are also a "wee team". They always have been.

Heard it all before. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them sign Sandaza and re-sign Skacel before the season starts.

EdinMike
19-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Cause The Sun ken what's goin oan...:rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
19-07-2012, 06:54 AM
He kind of hit the buffers towards the latter half of the season did he not?

Anyway ... theres more chance of me being the main striker at the start of the season as there is of Sandaza being in a Hibs shirt.

Hermit Crab
19-07-2012, 07:05 AM
He kind of hit the buffers towards the latter half of the season did he not?

Anyway ... theres more chance of me being the main striker at the start of the season as there is of Sandaza being in a Hibs shirt.

Got done for drink driving didn't he??

Wembley67
19-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Any player with a Z in his name has to be a great addition :not worth

WindyMiller
19-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Got done for drink driving didn't he??

:agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-17872996

lucky
19-07-2012, 07:12 AM
The guy is looking for one last big pay day. It was reported previously he was looking for £5/6k a week. If that's the case he is not coming to Hibs

#FromTheCapital
19-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't see why rangers should be in for the likes of sandaza, black and Beattie. They will be playing in the 3rd division ffs. What's the point in paying all these high wages when they will be facing part time players who probably drive buses for a living. Also where are they getting all this money from??? Doesn't make any sense.

PeterboroHibee
19-07-2012, 07:34 AM
The guy is looking for one last big pay day. It was reported previously he was looking for £5/6k a week. If that's the case he is not coming to Hibs

Hes only 27, still got his best years ahead of him so its hardly going to be his last big pay day (although £5-6k would be out of our price range).

StevieC
19-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't see why rangers should be in for the likes of sandaza, black and Beattie. They will be playing in the 3rd division ffs. What's the point in paying all these high wages when they will be facing part time players who probably drive buses for a living. Also where are they getting all this money from??? Doesn't make any sense.

And they have a transfer embargo hanging over their heads.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2012, 07:37 AM

.....or Hearts or Wee Team Blue

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-07-2012, 07:43 AM
We've probably been added to the list because we are one of the few teams active in the market.

How many players have Hearts, Killie, Motherwell etc signed for this coming season?

Lucius Apuleius
19-07-2012, 07:46 AM
We've probably been added to the list because we are one of the few teams active in the market.

How many players have Hearts, Killie, Motherwell etc signed for this coming season?

Feckn hundreds according to some people!!!!!!! :wink:

nonshinyfinish
19-07-2012, 07:52 AM

I used to think the same, but then Zarabi shattered my dreams. :boo hoo:

easty
19-07-2012, 07:54 AM
And they have a transfer embargo hanging over their heads.

they can still sign free agents cant they?

Saorsa
19-07-2012, 07:56 AM
they can still sign free agents cant they?I believe the embargo is actually on the registration of the players.

Hibby Kay-Yay
19-07-2012, 07:56 AM

I don't think so, plus they still don't have a licence yet!

stokesmessiah
19-07-2012, 08:00 AM

No its a registration embargo on anyone over 18.

As someone else has pointed out they also dont have a licence at present so cant even sign an 18yr old.

Captain Trips
19-07-2012, 08:35 AM
More Sevco orientated pish from the sun. They had to get in the "feel good" sentence about Beattie and Black in at the end.

Hearts or Sevco can have him. He might be a good striker but he's moody and goes missing. I don't ever want to see anyone who is moody or goes missing at Hibs ever again.

Good luck with that.

These players are available to SPL as if they didnt go missing then they would be better players and probably play at higher level. I would take a player whom goes missingon occasion as a pose to some players we have had whom are missing permanently.

Wembley67
19-07-2012, 08:50 AM

Och, I forgot about him...

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-07-2012, 08:57 AM

But no Zibi?

Sudds_1
19-07-2012, 09:02 AM

you may get your wish........I hear season ticket sales are down :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
19-07-2012, 11:58 AM

Maybe Benny Brazil will have you feeling better. Or John Hazel!

SaulGoodman
19-07-2012, 11:59 AM
But no Zibi?

Zibi was class, I loved how he always wore tops at least two sizes bigger than him to put off his opponents.

Hibiza
19-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Hope youre right.

Franck Stanton
19-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Zibi was class, I loved how he always wore tops at least two sizes bigger than him to put off his opponents.

Didnae work though now did it .

dchibs
19-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Van Zantin:cb

nonshinyfinish
19-07-2012, 04:48 PM
But no Zibi?

I thought he was zee exception zat proved zee rule.

NOLA
19-07-2012, 04:57 PM
could be his agent stirring up interest, cant see us affording his wages anyway.

Hibspirational
19-07-2012, 04:59 PM
could be his agent stirring up interest, cant see us affording his wages anyway.

How much do you think he was on last season at St. Johnstone?

Lungo--Drom
19-07-2012, 05:11 PM
He'll need to knit his own away top though as the clubstore has run out of them :faf: :greengrin

NOLA
19-07-2012, 07:34 PM
How much do you think he was on last season at St. Johnstone?
no idea but he will be after alot more, rules us out.

DH1875
19-07-2012, 09:07 PM
If and it's a big IF, we sign him I'll be well and truly over the moon. Always rated the guy :thumbsup:.

AlbertK86
19-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Somebody on bounce saying saints fan saying he has signed for hertz

Squealing pig
19-07-2012, 09:24 PM
zambernardi

nonshinyfinish
19-07-2012, 09:33 PM
zambernardi

Master of the 75-yard diagonal pass. A hero.

eastmainsmsh
19-07-2012, 09:48 PM

:aok: sweet left peg good player liked him

edwards
19-07-2012, 09:51 PM

And take a chance of not getting paid on a regular basis does he really want to be at that stage in his career don't think so.
Think that is the reason Beattie didn't sign on the dotted line feel a few players will have second thoughts about signing for hertz.

SMAXXA
19-07-2012, 09:59 PM

Wouldnt surprise me a bit

Jim44
19-07-2012, 10:00 PM
no idea but he will be after alot more, rules us out.

Try to put yourself in Sandaza's shoes. Without any allegiance to either club who would you choose? A club with a recent mediocre to poor playing history, dubious potential for improvement next season, probable bottom six next season, paying less than it's major rival or a club with considerably more recent success, playing in Europe next season, probable top six next season, paying substantially more money ( albeit a contentious issue ) than their major rival. I know who I would sign for. Sorry but it's a no-brainer.

hibs0666
19-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Try to put yourself in Sandaza's shoes. Without any allegiance to either club who would you choose? A club with a recent mediocre to poor playing history, dubious potential for improvement next season, probable bottom six next season, paying less than it's major rival or a club with considerably more recent success, playing in Europe next season, probable top six next season, paying substantially more money ( albeit a contentious issue ) than their major rival. I know who I would sign for. Sorry but it's a no-brainer.

And they are selling record numbers of season tickets.

Macaroon
19-07-2012, 10:24 PM

I believe that all of those benefits of signing for them are almost entirely offset by how terribly unstable your job could be there. Not to mention the awful regularity/reliability of your wages.

Barney McGrew
19-07-2012, 10:28 PM

Not when he did it in injury time at Tynecastle to give those ****wits the ball back he wasn't :furious:

Sweet Left Peg
19-07-2012, 10:36 PM

Ta very much!

Remember seeing him hit the bar in Crunchie's testimonial at Brockville from 60 odd yards. He was quite fond of a last ditch tackle too IIRC. Was that because he was a good defender, or because he was often out of position....? We've had worse in that position...

hibs0666
19-07-2012, 10:36 PM

He was murder. Single-handedly gave the yams a 4-4 win which was only bettered by his sliding tackle from behind on a fellow Hibs player against Livingston.

Jim44
19-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I believe that all of those benefits of signing for them are almost entirely offset by how terribly unstable your job could be there. Not to mention the awful regularity/reliability of your wages.

Fair point but I think they've learned a lesson and won't risk a repeat of the late wages fiasco. Pound for pound, I think players will see them as the best opton.

marleyhib
19-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Jambo just told me Ian Black was having a medical for us, week wants to keep his family in Edinburgh.

Just hope it's true, exactly what we need. Infact it would fill me with hope sadly :(

Apologies if posted on here before.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2012, 11:48 PM
There's no danger that he'll be anywhere near Easter Road next season, or any season for that matter.

I think his wee t-shirt stunt last season proves that beyond much doubt.

Hibercelona
20-07-2012, 12:04 AM
This is news to all of us on Hibs.net. Not one person has linked Ian Black with Hibs yet.

Now if only there was a "Hibs Transfer Rumours" thread to keep all of these finds together.

McIntosh
20-07-2012, 12:05 AM
There's no danger that he'll be anywhere near Easter Road next season, or any season for that matter.

I think his wee t-shirt stunt last season proves that beyond much doubt.

On the money!!! I would come up from London to hang him myself. He is pure Jambo ****!!!!!

silverhibee
20-07-2012, 12:09 AM
On the money!!! I would come up from London to hang him myself. He is pure Jambo ****!!!!!

It would be like Deek or Nid signing for them, it's never going to happen.

DAVE1875
20-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I would only take him as long as during his Hibs shirt shoot he has one picture taken of him having a dump on the Heart of Midlothian whilst wiping his erse with a Hearts scarf

HoboHarry
20-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Utter nonsense. Whilst I don't believe he will sign for us I would welcome him with open arms. Exactly the type of nasty little git we have needed for years.

Macaroon
20-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Fair point but I think they've learned a lesson and won't risk a repeat of the late wages fiasco. Pound for pound, I think players will see them as the best opton.

Each to their own I suppose

delbert
20-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Utter nonsense. Whilst I don't believe he will sign for us I would welcome him with open arms. Exactly the type of nasty little git we have needed for years.

Whilst the reservations about Ian Black are both numerous and obvious, can I just point out that apart from the side of the game which everyone seems to concentrate on, he happens to be a better passer of a ball than anybody in our current squad, bar none. I guess I could also get someone saying each to their own, or only your opinion, but the guy can spray 30, 40 or 50 yard passes right to feet, and we have loads of players in our current squad who can do that right now, haven't we? I don't think Ian Black will even consider signing on at Easter Road, but is he a better player than any of our current midfield incumbents, sadly I think he is, as he proved on May 19th when he ran the show and left Ozzy, Soares et all looking like the duffers they were, don't believe me, watch the video, he strolled it. We have brought in a couple of midfielders so hopefully we are addressing that problem, but surely nobody is honestly going to come on here and tell me that Ian Black would make our current midfield worse?

J-C
20-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Jambo just told me Ian Black was having a medical for us, week wants to keep his family in Edinburgh.

Just hope it's true, exactly what we need. Infact it would fill me with hope sadly :(

Seemingly it's his wife who wants to stay in Edinburgh, to keep and eye on him, bit of a ladies man so to speak, can't hide in Edinburgh as everyone knows you. :wink:

Hermit Crab
20-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Seemingly it's his wife who wants to stay in Edinburgh, to keep and eye on him, bit of a ladies man so to speak, can't hide in Edinburgh as everyone knows you. :wink:

Except he doesn't stay in Edinburgh ;)

HoboHarry
20-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Whilst the reservations about Ian Black are both numerous and obvious, can I just point out that apart from the side of the game which everyone seems to concentrate on, he happens to be a better passer of a ball than anybody in our current squad, bar none. I guess I could also get someone saying each to their own, or only your opinion, but the guy can spray 30, 40 or 50 yard passes right to feet, and we have loads of players in our current squad who can do that right now, haven't we? I don't think Ian Black will even consider signing on at Easter Road, but is he a better player than any of our current midfield incumbents, sadly I think he is, as he proved on May 19th when he ran the show and left Ozzy, Soares et all looking like the duffers they were, don't believe me, watch the video, he strolled it. We have brought in a couple of midfielders so hopefully we are addressing that problem, but surely nobody is honestly going to come on here and tell me that Ian Black would make our current midfield worse?

I agree entirely and that is part of my wishing that he would sign for us. I do him an injustice by focusing on the aggressive side that he has.

Steve20
20-07-2012, 04:24 AM
He would be a good signing but there is no way he is coming to Hibs.

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 05:24 AM
He would be a good signing but there is no way he is coming to Hibs.

You might be surprised. Did his Dad not play for Hibs and Hearts.

Was told this recently but don't remember his Dad being with us

joe_hfc
20-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Met him a couple of times and used to live around the corner from him. Never met as much of a cock in my life. Him and Dougy Imrie bullying a 12 year old fan whilst they were watching an under 19's game. Picking up my mates sister from the school gates when she was 16/17. Not to mention the numerous times he'd walk around the club in Inverness, Love2Love like he owned the place; got slapped a few times for that.

He does **** about a lot, but his wifes just as bad as him. The man is a complete arse in person and I would not like to see him anywhere near ER.

Dinkydoo
20-07-2012, 05:49 AM
He's a total ****, no thank you.

fifehibby7-0
20-07-2012, 05:52 AM
can't stand him ...........not welcome

Pretty Boy
20-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Don't like the guy but he's a far better player than any of our current midfielders.

Would take him if he was available and affordable but its not going to happen.

Hibrandenburg
20-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Sniff sniff!

Speedway
20-07-2012, 11:23 AM

If either Black or Sandaza signs for us, Blackpool Hibs will sit in a bath of beans with Elton John outside the West Stand shouting 'Ready When You Are, Reg'

Hermit Crab
20-07-2012, 01:10 PM

I think the jambo is pulling your pisser :rolleyes:

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-07-2012, 03:02 PM
If either Black or Sandaza signs for us, Blackpool Hibs will sit in a bath of beans with Elton John outside the West Stand shouting 'Ready When You Are, Reg'

That should have been the rally call from Petrie to get those 3000 season tickets :cb

Paisley Hibby
20-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Spot on delbert :agree:

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2012, 03:19 PM

:greengrin Come on Hibs, dont go breaking my heart.

delbert
20-07-2012, 07:49 PM
You might be surprised. Did his Dad not play for Hibs and Hearts.

Was told this recently but don't remember his Dad being with us

Ian Black Snr played for Hearts in the early 80's along with a few other clubs, can't remember exactly when he signed for Hibs, but he suffered a serious leg break in his very first game for us down at Berwick in a league game which probably helps date exactly when he played. The leg break effectively ended his career and the guy never played another game for us.

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Ian Black Snr played for Hearts in the early 80's along with a few other clubs, can't remember exactly when he signed for Hibs, but he suffered a serious leg break in his very first game for us down at Berwick in a league game which probably helps date exactly when he played. The leg break effectively ended his career and the guy never played another game for us.

Cheers mate. Knew there was some kind of story

HibsMax
20-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Met him a couple of times and used to live around the corner from him. Never met as much of a cock in my life.

He's a total ****, no thank you.

can't stand him ...........not welcome

So now we can add "no cocks" to our ever increasing list of criteria that qualify potential players as being viable. Hibs can sign a whole clucking farm of roosters if they can do a job for us.

M11BMO
20-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Anyone else getting bored of Ian Blacks name being mentioned on here? He held talk with us. He didn't sign. Move on... Yawn.

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Anyone else getting bored of Ian Blacks name being mentioned on here? He held talk with us. He didn't sign. Move on... Yawn.

Probably go to sevco now they have a 6 week window

Likewise Sandaza and Beattie

M11BMO
20-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Spot on.

Saorsa
20-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Anyone else getting bored of Ian Blacks name being mentioned on here? He held talk with us. He didn't sign. Move on... Yawn.:agree:

Wouldnae want the wee scrote anywhere near Hibs anyway

AlbertK86
20-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Will save the jambos getting Sandaza !!

McIntosh
20-07-2012, 08:39 PM

Sorry but this man is an apology for a human being. When will we ever learn that nasty little gits are exactly that.

McIntosh
20-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Met him a couple of times and used to live around the corner from him. Never met as much of a cock in my life. Him and Dougy Imrie bullying a 12 year old fan whilst they were watching an under 19's game. Picking up my mates sister from the school gates when she was 16/17. Not to mention the numerous times he'd walk around the club in Inverness, Love2Love like he owned the place; got slapped a few times for that.

He does **** about a lot, but his wifes just as bad as him. The man is a complete arse in person and I would not like to see him anywhere near ER.

This exactly what I am talking about. I wouldn't care if he was Pele but acted like this. The crap that happened in Inverness is just the tip of it - he makes Gary O'Connor look like Mother Teresa.

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2012, 06:34 AM

In all this time I never realised that was Black's old man. I remember the game well. You live and learn!!!

Dinkydoo
21-07-2012, 10:35 AM
So now we can add "no cocks" to our ever increasing list of criteria that qualify potential players as being viable. Hibs can sign a whole clucking farm of roosters if they can do a job for us.

If this was almost any other player then I would be agreeing with you. Remember the t-shirts, the horrific tackles, the forearm smash, his comments in the media; do you really think having him around with the history between him and us would have a positve effect on the dressing room? Could he accept taking orders from his would-be captain James McPake on the pitch?

I absolutely agree that we need a player with some of the qualities Black has, but not "Ian Black".

Him coming to Hibs would be the equivalent of Neil Lennon going to Rangers or Barry Ferguson joining Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 10:39 AM
In all this time I never realised that was Black's old man. I remember the game well. You live and learn!!!

Are you thinking about the game where the lad broke his leg in the 1st minute? If so, thats the game i'm thinking of, and i cant be sure, and was given the answer a while back, but i'm pretty sure the guys name was not Black? :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Are you thinking about the game where the lad broke his leg in the 1st minute? If so, thats the game i'm thinking of, and i cant be sure, and was given the answer a while back, but i'm pretty sure the guys name was not Black? :confused:

Me neither, but is this not what Delbert said. I had another name in my head but damned if I can recall what it was.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Me neither, but is this not what Delbert said. I had another name in my head but damned if I can recall what it was.

I have no idea what game we are talking about now? :greengrin

IberianHibernian
21-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Me neither, but is this not what Delbert said. I had another name in my head but damned if I can recall what it was.Ian Hendry ?

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I have no idea what game we are talking about now? :greengrin

Ian Hendry ?

:agree: It was Ian Hendry. Broken leg 20 seconds into the game. He came on as a sub in one more game against the jags over a year later but was then transferred to Nuneaton Burough. Ian Black debuted against Berwick as well but that game was at ER and in August 1980 as opposed to henry in January '81. Case solved.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2012, 05:57 PM
:agree: It was Ian Hendry. Broken leg 20 seconds into the game. He came on as a sub in one more game against the jags over a year later but was then transferred to Nuneaton Burough. Ian Black debuted against Berwick as well but that game was at ER and in August 1980 as opposed to henry in January '81. Case solved.:greengrin

Thats the one, Johnnyboy did tell me this a while back, but i'd forgotten again.:greengrin

delbert
21-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Thats the one, Johnnyboy did tell me this a while back, but i'd forgotten again.:greengrin

Apologies if I got that wrong gents, thought it was Ian Black, but then the memory isn't as sharp as it used to be (wish i could remember where the bathroom in my house is !!)

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Not when he did it in injury time at Tynecastle to give those ****wits the ball back he wasn't :furious:

Him and Kevin Gallacher eh ?! Hold on to it ffs

Just Alf
21-07-2012, 09:37 PM
If this was almost any other player then I would be agreeing with you. Remember the t-shirts, the horrific tackles, the forearm smash, his comments in the media; do you really think having him around with the history between him and us would have a positve effect on the dressing room? Could he accept taking orders from his would-be captain James McPake on the pitch?

I absolutely agree that we need a player with some of the qualities Black has, but not "Ian Black".

Him coming to Hibs would be the equivalent of Neil Lennon going to Rangers or Barry Ferguson joining Celtic.

I was originally thinking that it was a good idea to consider him coming to us, been having second thoughts about it and your post pretty much sums up my new perspective....... so LTYF!

Jonnyboy
21-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Ah, the demon drink :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
22-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Apologies if I got that wrong gents, thought it was Ian Black, but then the memory isn't as sharp as it used to be (wish i could remember where the bathroom in my house is !!)

iHibs is wonderful. :greengrin

You are not alone in forgetting where your bathroom is, however aids are available for assistance.

eastmainsmsh
22-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Hope we Get Sandaza....Slightly off Topic ...Ian Black Snr Played for Ormiston Primrose after spells at east fife and Berwick i think... Ormiston had a cracking spell in the juniors Ian Mcparland , Graham Harvey ,Tom Harvey,Ian Harvey..Robin Rae ...Des O sullivan could go on lol ......all players with senior experience ....Basher was My Fav player as a young un doubling up as Keeper/ striker :not worth

Kaiser_Sauzee
22-07-2012, 09:29 AM
80% of posts nowt to do with Sandaza.

Us Hibees are so easily distrac ... oh, look! A kitty cat!

SloopJB
22-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Hope we Get Sandaza....Slightly off Topic ...Ian Black Snr Played for Ormiston Primrose after spells at east fife and Berwick i think... Ormiston had a cracking spell in the juniors Ian Mcparland , Graham Harvey ,Tom Harvey,Ian Harvey..Robin Rae ...Des O sullivan could go on lol ......all players with senior experience ....Basher was My Fav player as a young un doubling up as Keeper/ striker :not worth
Don't build your hopes up. Sandaza has said he doesn't want to play in Scotland.

basehibby
22-07-2012, 11:51 AM
:wtf::hijack: Please start a different thread if yous want to spraff on about the little Jambo [EMAIL="[/EMAIL] Black.

Any news about Sandaza? Would be an exciting signing IMO - he'd be a good balance for Griffiths and Doyle putting a bit more physique in the mix.

If we could land Sandaza then that would just leave the midfield as requiring urgent attention - an area that has been weakened following the departure of Osbourne and which even with him was direly lacking in creativity.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-07-2012, 11:58 AM
80% of posts nowt to do with Sandaza.

Us Hibees are so easily distrac ... oh, look! A kitty cat!

:tee hee:

KeithTheHibby
22-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Ian Black would enhance our team, end of.

Some people need to take the blinkers off and realise this.

SteveHFC
22-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Who gives a flying **** about Ian Black :rolleyes:

hibeequinn
22-07-2012, 04:03 PM
****** sandazza we have handling and caldwell :)

Dinkydoo
22-07-2012, 04:14 PM

In terms of footballing ability, sure, he's better than what we have in midfield.

Some people need to see past that though and understand the bigger. I am almost certain that having Black in our side would have a detrimental affect on our team togetherness.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2012, 04:24 PM

You are correct ..... Ian Black has the ability and attitude that our midfield is crying out for.

But Adolf Hitler had the ability to make the trains run on time ... that doesnt mean you would want him in charge of Scotrail.

Ah ken .... Godwin's law :greengrin

McIntosh
22-07-2012, 04:44 PM

No he wouldn't - he would just be another disruptive influence, one we don't need. I don't think you get it. As for blinkers I just don't see in him what you do but what I do see is in him as a man is a disaster waiting to happen.

McIntosh
22-07-2012, 04:45 PM
You are correct ..... Ian Black has the ability and attitude that our midfield is crying out for.

But Adolf Hitler had the ability to make the trains run on time ... that doesnt mean you would want him in charge of Scotrail.

:top marksQuoted for truth.

O'Rourke3
22-07-2012, 04:56 PM

:hijack: It was Mussolini who supposedly made the trains run on time, don't think the germans have ever had those problems....

nonshinyfinish
22-07-2012, 05:23 PM
:hijack: It was Mussolini who supposedly made the trains run on time, don't think the germans have ever had those problems....

You obviously haven't taken the S-Bahn in Berlin in the last three years.