PDA

View Full Version : Berlin

El Gubbz
18-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Who's all going to be in Berlin for the game?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Take(s) my breath away :)

Actually I'd quite like to go never been.

Missus expecting and in the zone right now so not the right time to head out otherwise would h e been a great excuse.

El Gubbz
18-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Take(s) my breath away :)

Actually I'd quite like to go never been.

Missus expecting and in the zone right now so not the right time to head out otherwise would h e been a great excuse.
Going via a couple nights in Prague. Hopefully the bairn pops out before the season starts!

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Going via a couple nights in Prague. Hopefully the bairn pops out before the season starts!
Really thought this was the SC year - my son was born on the 13/3/2007 and meant I missed out on the CIS Cup final (Brazilian mother-in-law politically insensitive to be anywhere but home - a bit bizarre quaffing a single bottle of Miller as the goals went in

adhibs
18-07-2012, 05:18 PM
i wish. dont think watchin hibs would be my top priority tho

Hermit Crab
19-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm going. Flying out Tuesday morning from Glasgow, come back Wednesday lunchtime back into Glasgow £200 for flights. Anyone else going this way?

Hermit Crab
20-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Who's all going to be in Berlin for the game?

Looks like its just me and you plus the select few who are going right from Belgium up to Germany.

monktonharp
20-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Looks like its just me and you plus the select few who are going right from Belgium up to Germany.not going, but was at a stag w/end there a few years back. great place,loved it and will go back someday. you will get a few offers from the girls of the night though, starting aboot 7pm:wink:

LancashireHibby
21-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Two of us on the 7.20am flight from Manchester to Berlin on Monday morning.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Enjoy Prague.

Was thinking about driving up, only 3.5hours from here.

HiBremian
21-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Gutted I won't be in Germany for the game. My photographer mate Georg is a big Union Berlin fan, and produced this book a few years back http://www.eiserne-menschen.de/?page_id=10. Would have loved to have spent a few days with him, but tied up in France :(

Lucius Apuleius
21-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Gutted I won't be in Germany for the game. My photographer mate Georg is a big Union Berlin fan, and produced this book a few years back http://www.eiserne-menschen.de/?page_id=10. Would have loved to have spent a few days with him, but tied up in France :(

:confused: C'mon man, this is a family board!!!!! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-07-2012, 07:40 AM
not going, but was at a stag w/end there a few years back. great place,loved it and will go back someday. you will get a few offers from the girls of the night though, starting aboot 7pm:wink:

Shocking I won't be back!! ;)

Austinho
21-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Just got back from a week in Prague and Berlin - looks like I booked it a week too early! Cycled past this billboard, was quite a shock considering I forgot we were playing there! http://img.tapatalk.com/521405bf-90ff-7984.jpg

Holmesdale Hibs
21-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm not going but wish i was and have watched Union Berlin before. Standard wasn't great but the atmosphere was amazing. Berlin were 0-3 down after 25min but the crowd were still cheering and fully behind them. They made it back to 2-3 but lost 2-4 in the end. They even did a lap of honour. It's a great place to watch a game. When I was there (2006 I think) it was all standing and you could buy drink in the ground.

Before we went a few people, including a couple of German 2nd division football fans and the guys at our hotel, warned us of racism problems and violence within the germanlower divisions. I didn't see any signs of either when I was there though.

Hibrandenburg
21-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Before we went a few people, including a couple of German 2nd division football fans and the guys at our hotel, warned us of racism problems and violence within the germanlower divisions. I didn't see any signs of either when I was there though.[/QUOTE]

Union were always the anti-establishment club in Berlin even when the wall was up. Although their stadium is not far from the NPD's Berlin headquarters, most of their fans would consider themselves left of centre. The right wing in Berlin tend to attach themselves to Dynamo who were the chosen team for the former DDR government and hated by all other Easy German teams.

Should be a cracking trip and it's just a shame that so few can make it.

GGTTH

bigwheel
21-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Just got back from a week in Prague and Berlin - looks like I booked it a week too early! Cycled past this billboard, was quite a shock considering I forgot we were playing there! http://img.tapatalk.com/521405bf-90ff-7984.jpg

I'd have grabbed that poster ! :)

El Gubbz
21-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Come join us in a beer Garten before the game http://getaways.groupon.co.uk/d-8226080-Berlin

booshsutton
21-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Berlin is an amazing city, one of my favourite in the world, see if you boys can find the "beer bike" my Mrs wouldn't let me go on it as the only time we spotted it was at like 10am when heading for the Reichstag. Would love to be there for the game, but unfortunately I'm booked up for a week in Barcelona in a couple of weeks, so no can do.

To the fans making the trip, you'll have a cracking time. Such a party town, last time I was there I ended up in a nightclub till 6am (with a Jambo) and had to leave for the airport at 9, lets just say we were less than popular with the lady friends when we rolled in...

:pfgwa

cabletoffee
22-07-2012, 05:39 PM
First time posting here. I'm an Evertonian (from Liverpool) with a soft spot for the cabbage and ribs - last saw them at the preseason game at Blackpool two years ago. I'll be at the game in Berlin on Tuesday. Hope I run into a few Hibees to share a few beers. I've also been to Union before and agree with previous comments about what a great atmosphere you usually get there, don't know what it will be like for a friendly though, just hope there's a good turnout.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Nice one, have a good one cable!

LancashireHibby
22-07-2012, 10:40 PM
First time posting here. I'm an Evertonian (from Liverpool) with a soft spot for the cabbage and ribs - last saw them at the preseason game at Blackpool two years ago. I'll be at the game in Berlin on Tuesday. Hope I run into a few Hibees to share a few beers. I've also been to Union before and agree with previous comments about what a great atmosphere you usually get there, don't know what it will be like for a friendly though, just hope there's a good turnout.
Is that 'Cable' as in Prescot Cables?

Flying out in 7 hours and not had a wink of sleep yet!

cabletoffee
23-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Is that 'Cable' as in Prescot Cables?

Flying out in 7 hours and not had a wink of sleep yet!

Certainly is.

LancashireHibby
23-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Certainly is.
Thought so. I used to on the board at Leigh Genesis so been to Hope Street dozens of times.

Weather is terrific here in Berlin by the way folks.

Keith_M
23-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm gutted, as I now can't make the game. Stupid work

:boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
23-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Anybody in Berlin tonight? Going to Alexanderplatz for a few beers later.

Hibrandenburg
23-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm gutted, as I now can't make the game. Stupid work

:boo hoo:

Stupid holiday! Absolutely gutted.

Hermit Crab
24-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Can't sleep. Going to be a long day. Buzzing now like. GG

LancashireHibby
24-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone out boozing yet? We're at Alexanderplatz, look for the Berliner brollies. Spotted a couple of Hibs fans when at the Olympiastadion earlier as well.

SteveHFC
24-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Wish i was in Berlin :boo hoo:

Hongkong Phooey
24-07-2012, 02:25 PM
For for those of you with kilts on - try the Kitkat Club tonight. Mental doesn't describe it!

For the slightly less adventurous :wink: Go to Weekend. Amazing party place.

Watch out in the after club clubs (open about 5am). Hibs boys will be fine I am sure.

Seriously brilliant toon! Wish I was there!

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Berlin is a lovely city, but the S-Bahn not exactly clear at times, plus most Germans were unhelpful and arrogant......Stark contrast to Belgium and Holland, where the natives couldn't do enough for us....

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Berlin is a lovely city, but the S-Bahn not exactly clear at times, plus most Germans were unhelpful and arrogant......Stark contrast to Belgium and Holland, where the natives couldn't do enough for us....

Thought we would have battered that out of them in the war!!!!

3pm
26-07-2012, 06:48 AM

I bet it never bothered you when Matty Jack never gave the ball back to Dundee United!

Geo_1875
26-07-2012, 07:19 AM

"Unhelpful and arrogant..." Are you German Brockie?

LancashireHibby
26-07-2012, 10:50 AM
We managed to do a full length of the S9 line on the S-Bahn on the way to the airport as we got the train in the wrong direction. Whoops. Thought the Germans we came across were great though - one Union fan managed to persuade a bar owner to re-open once he'd spotted our Hibs tops in the early hours after the game.