PDA

View Full Version : loans

ian cruise
18-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Tin hat on.

We normally loan out promising youth players to lower league clubs. Should we consider offering some to sevco5088?

Im not suggesting this for the club formerly known as rangers benefit, i dont really care about then, but surely our young guys would benefit more training wise from being at a full time club mith their facilities rather than at Berwick or cowdenbeath (no disrespect to either club intended) May also add a winning mentality as im certain whoever turns out for them is going to be expected to stroll the league. Whether they do or not is another matter.

Thoughts?

lucky
18-07-2012, 07:13 AM
No. They will have there own youngsters who will be every bit as good if not better than ours.

bob12345
18-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Anyone we send to a part-time club would continue training with us on the days their team doesn't train.

hibsforeurope
18-07-2012, 07:33 AM
No, I would continue to send them to part time clubs. It's not just about giving them game time but about giving them a sence of reality at other clubs to show how lucky they are at Hibs.

down-the-slope
18-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Anyone we send to a part-time club would continue training with us on the days their team doesn't train.

:agree: for this reason its a No for me.

It means they are still involved at EM and the new culture that Pat is trying to instill and would not feel dis-connected from club. Allows our staff to access progress etc easily

Phil MaGlass
18-07-2012, 09:06 AM
If anything, all SPL clubs should be loaning their up and coming youngsters to all the other teams in the 3rd,definitely not to newhun.

PeterboroHibee
18-07-2012, 09:09 AM
There seems to be a few clubs that we regularly send the younger players on loan to, and Im happy for us to maintain relationships with those teams. Like others have said, these sort of loan deals are about really testing the younger players, and playing in a part time team will give them the experience and know how to hopefully make the step up to our first team.

Kojock
18-07-2012, 10:28 AM
If anything, all SPL clubs should be loaning their up and coming youngsters to all the other teams in the 3rd,definitely not to newhun.

I would be delighted if Hibs loaned our better youngsters to any 3rd Division team except Der Newco. Anything that stops Der Newco being promoted is a good thing in my book.

Seveno
18-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Tin hat on.

We normally loan out promising youth players to lower league clubs. Should we consider offering some to sevco5088?

Im not suggesting this for the club formerly known as rangers benefit, i dont really care about then, but surely our young guys would benefit more training wise from being at a full time club mith their facilities rather than at Berwick or cowdenbeath (no disrespect to either club intended) May also add a winning mentality as im certain whoever turns out for them is going to be expected to stroll the league. Whether they do or not is another matter.

Thoughts?

I suggest that you need more than a tin hat.

ian cruise
18-07-2012, 12:11 PM

Fair enough, i hadnt realised that. That being the case then agree jhere wouldn't be any benefit in loaning to them and any other div3 club would probably give them more game time. It was really just the training that had put the thought in my head but East Mains is as good as anything theyd get elsewhere so if they are back at those times all the better Ta for the info.

ian cruise
18-07-2012, 12:12 PM
:agree: for this reason its a No for me.

It means they are still involved at EM and the new culture that Pat is trying to instill and would not feel dis-connected from club. Allows our staff to access progress etc easily

Also good points, totally agree.