PDA

View Full Version : Just back from first visit to Edinburgh!....

LONDON/MCFC/HIB
16-07-2012, 09:29 PM
WOW!!!....
All i can say is what a city!!!...
Went to the Hibs stadium for a look round with my missus and was VERY impressed!

Bought the new white and grey Hibs training top which can i say is very smart!

Got a great view of the City and in particular Easter Road from one of the tallest points on Arthuors seat?.. mountain? (couldnt see that *****e hole He@rts anywhere?):wink:

We loved the City so much were already planning out next visit!
Even persuaded the missus to attend a Hibees game with me.. so if any of you guys can get me two tickets for a match next season
(when man city aren't playing) id appreciate it!

GGTTH!

Saorsa
16-07-2012, 09:30 PM
WOW!!!....
Went to the Hibs stadium for a look round with my missus and was VERY impressed!

Got a great view of the City and in particular Easter Road from one of the tallest points on Arthuors seat?.. mountain? (couldnt see that *****e hole He@rts anywhere?)
:wink:

Even persuaded the missus to attend a Hibees game with me.. so if any of you guys can get me two tickets for a match next season

GGTTH!
if you'd went a bit further west you'd have started tae smell it though :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
16-07-2012, 09:31 PM
WOW!!!....

Got a great view of the City and in particular Easter Road from one of the tallest points on Arthuors seat?.. mountain? (couldnt see that *****e hole He@rts anywhere?):wink:

GGTTH!

Glad you liked it mate. We sometimes forget not all cities are like ours.

Haste ye back!

Seveno
16-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Great that you enjoyed your visit and I hope you manage back soon to see the Hibees in action.

Now go do some missionary work down your way !

Sweep
16-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Edinburgh at the festival time is brilliant. The city has a right cosmopolitan feel. Combine that with hibs at home and you will have a great time. The festival runs for the whole of August.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Glad you had a great time pal, the city is very pretty i'd imagine your girlfriend was impressed?

Now if you can just send a letter to Mancini, and tell him how good it would be for a few fringe players at eastlands to live and play in Leith, we'd be very thankful. :wink:

lyonhibs
16-07-2012, 09:51 PM
If Sheikh Mansour is looking for a wee side project, please do feel free to pass on our warmest regards :agree:

Glad you enjoyed your trip though. You don't have to go far to see some of the best sights in the world in the UK, something that is often forgotten.

Hibercelona
16-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Edinburgh is alright. But Fife is where all the real landmarks are at. :wink:

Mon Dieu4
16-07-2012, 09:56 PM

Haste ye back!

I agree i walk along Princes Street every day and the view along Arthur seat, the Royal Mile and the castle still takes my breath away, we all take it for granted

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2012, 09:57 PM
WOW!!!....

Got a great view of the City and in particular Easter Road from one of the tallest points on Arthuors seat?.. mountain? (couldnt see that *****e hole He@rts anywhere?)

GGTTH!

Glad you enjoyed it mate, will get you tickets no problem and might ask you to sort out two for City v Liverpool in return :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
16-07-2012, 10:13 PM
11th August would be a good date to visit again. Festival and the derby!!

Was down at a work conference at the City of Manchester stadium recently. Also very impressed!!

Maybe meet u in the Champions League soon and get a home and away match.

If only....

IWasThere2016
16-07-2012, 10:22 PM
WOW!!!....

GGTTH!

Glad you enjoyed Auld Reekie mate - it is beautiful. I am sure tickets could be arranged for a Hibs game.

I was at the Etihad in February (and the season before also) with my young lad (a Blue) and it is magnificent.

He has his new home kit and Blues membership on order. It will be coupled with a new Hibs strip soon.

Holmesdale Hibs
17-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Edinburgh at the festival time is brilliant. The city has a right cosmopolitan feel. Combine that with hibs at home and you will have a great time. The festival runs for the whole of August.

Glad yous liked it. I dont live in Edinburgh any more but it's a great city to come home to.

I agree the festival is always good time to visit, it's around the end of summer as well so coincides with the start of the SPL and also not too cold.

There is a fireworks display from the castle at the end of the festival that is good to see. You can buy tickets for Princes Street gardens and you here the music as well but I've only ever watched it from the street, which is free.

Edit: doubt you'll have to arrange tickets unless it's either a derby or you want hospitality, although in either case I suspect you'll still be ok. I'm not sure if you can still pay at the gate.

brog
17-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Glad you enjoyed your visit, I've been in London for 32 years now so truly appreciate what a great city Edinburgh is. I was at Etihad 2 or 3 weeks ago to see Bruce, the rain was biblical!! Hope you make it up again soon, I have a season ticket & don't make too many games so PM me if you're going.

edwards
17-07-2012, 05:50 PM
WOW!!!....

GGTTH!

Glad you enjoyed it pity the weather was so crap, great views up Arthur Seat eh!, played up there when I was a nipper. Try and bring some sunshine with you next time you and the missus come and a couple of half decent city players would be a bonus.

EdinMike
17-07-2012, 05:57 PM
My ex Aussie bird used to bug me about the fact there was a "Friggen Castle" in the middle of the City. Never really appreciated it until then.

Glad you enjoyed the stay although frankly we weren't playing so no reason not to ! :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Glad you enjoyed it mate. How did you manage to visit Auld Reekie with your missus and no mention going to IKEA. My bidie in assures me you have to go through there to get into the city.

The only problem you would have getting a ticket is if you are not on Hibs tourist off putting database, but you can pay at the gate for most games apart from the Yams or Smeltic I would have thought.

Famous Fiver
17-07-2012, 06:36 PM
You thought Easter Road was impressive?

You should have been with us at Cowdenbeath. Now that is a stadium!!!!!

Makes me chuckle that our good Glasgow friends will be skulking about in these sort of places for a fair wee while:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

snooky
17-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Edinburgh's a great city - if you're no' a car.

Long suffering
17-07-2012, 09:23 PM
WOW!!!....

GGTTH!

Am a Hibs and City man myself, shame Hibs couldnt ve done it in the final, or it wouldve been one the best season possible! :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
17-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree i walk along Princes Street every day and the view along Arthur seat, the Royal Mile and the castle still takes my breath away, we all take it for granted

Spot on. I was saying this to my sister the last time I was home - as a kid you just assume that all city centres look like that.

.Sean.
17-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Haste ye back!

Me and my mate were walking along Princes Street absolutely blitzed about 4AM last Sunday morning and had the same chat, we were mesmerised by the castle! We definately take it for granted :agree:

heretoday
18-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Next time you come you may be privileged to travel by tram into the city centre.

I wonder if they'll be hiring veteran broadcaster and couthy songster Bill Torrance to do a recorded commentary on the tram. The one he does on the airport bus is beyond hilarious.

The bit where he says we are now heading for George St as the bus turns right down Sth Charlotte St to Princes St is good.

It needs brought up to date to keep up with the ongoing chaos.....or maybe just turn it off and get the driver to shout out the route.

J-C
18-07-2012, 08:48 AM
WOW!!!....

GGTTH!

Glad you enjoyed visit, pity the council decided to turn it into a WW2 bomb site with all the bloody tram works.