PDA

View Full Version : Dundee have been invited to join the SPL (merged)

LancsHibs
13-06-2012, 07:36 AM
When the Huns get potted :pray: who will take their place in the SPL? Will Dundee as the 1st runners up get promoted or will Dunfy retain their SPL status? Maybe a preseason playoff would be a fair decision? who would .netters prefer?

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 07:38 AM
When the Huns get potted :pray: who will take their place in the SPL? Will Dundee as the 1st runners up get promoted or will Dunfy retain their SPL status? Maybe a preseason playoff would be a fair decision? who would .netters prefer?

Pars were relegated and this should not de undone (FU JJ ya Yam bassa :greengrin), and nothing has happened to the Dees so they should get promoted :agree: (the fact Dens is 20 mins from my door is just convenient and has in every way influenced my decision :wink: :greengrin)

Togs91
13-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Play off!!!

HH81
13-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Could this not be an ideal time to expand the league, keep Dunfermline and add maybe Dundee and Falkirk :confused:

LancsHibs
13-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Play off!!!

Fight!!:greengrin:wink:

.Sean.
13-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Dundee. Teckle!

frazeHFC
13-06-2012, 07:43 AM
I was gona say Dundee cos i will be living there, but Dunfy 3-2 game was an amazing trip, so gotta be them.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Dunfermline for me, the rules are only one team is promoted, daft but them are the rules. Ross County have been promoted, but there should now be a place available.

That should go to Dunfermline, i'd imagine if Rangers had gone pop or any club gone bust during the season, there would not have been any relegation, and the team who won the first division promoted as usual?

WestEndHibee
13-06-2012, 08:05 AM

Think I read somewhere that the rules are different depending on when they were potted. If The went before the end of the season then there would've been no relegation and Ross County would've been promoted as usual. However, because it'll be after the season is over, two teams now come up from the 1st division and Dunfermline stay down.

lucky
13-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Play off!!!

Pars and top 3 from SFL should play off just like the other leagues

EskbankHibby
13-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Would like to see the Pars stay up, good away day and quality bridies/stovies. Frankly the food alone should trump any footballing/fair play arguments.

Barney McGrew
13-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Hopefully Dunfermline - a properly run club - stay up, instead of promoting another team that cheated financially for their own gain.

brydekirk
13-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Remember Sir Albert !!

GreenArmy1875
13-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Dundee by a country mile, Dislike the pars

Squealing pig
13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
dunfermline as they are rank rotten.

Togs91
13-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Fight!!:greengrin:wink:
Bare nuckle, the dundee team v jumbo jeffries? :D

But as stated in another post, has this mistake not been made before when aberdeen were in midst of relegation and got away with it due to the 10-12 team structure change and no play offs were held? I know falkirk did not meet the spl rules but surely other teams below them would have?

Sylar
13-06-2012, 09:43 AM
An interesting dilemma, but sadly one I don't think will come to pass.

With Dundee as a city going through such a huge rejuvenation right now, it would be good to see the Dundee derby return to the city. However, despite their decent campaign last year they still finished 24 points behind Ross County. Hardly a standout in second place. There was a clear best team in the league and it's not as if they narrowly missed out. Plus, I'd see it somewhat ironic that a club (potentially) disappearing on account of denying a lot of people owed monies would then be replaced by another club who have done the same thing. Twice.

Dunfermline were almost undeniably impacted by Rangers' cheating last year, beaten by a team who fielded players they couldn't afford and have since (potentially) gone into non-existence.

I suppose the argument should be rewarding success rather than preserving failure.

hibsmad
13-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Reporter from the Evening Times was on Talk Sport this morning and he said that they had already been told that should Rangers get booted down the leagues then it would be Dundee who would take their place. The guy seemed absolutely sure that this would be the case.

Just Alf
13-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Think I read somewhere that the rules are different depending on when they were potted. If The went before the end of the season then there would've been no relegation and Ross County would've been promoted as usual. However, because it'll be after the season is over, two teams now come up from the 1st division and Dunfermline stay down.

Reporter from the Evening Times was on Talk Sport this morning and he said that they had already been told that should Rangers get booted down the leagues then it would be Dundee who would take their place. The guy seemed absolutely sure that this would be the case.

that covers it..... it's Dundee

davemcbain
13-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Given that a league without rangers would be unthinkable, I think the question should be - Brora or Cove for the SPL?

Barney McGrew
13-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Given that a league without rangers would be unthinkable, I think the question should be - Brora or Cove for the SPL?

:tee hee:

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 11:11 AM
The predecent down south (particularly in non-league where this is an annual occurence) is that the 'relegated' side gets a reprieve.

.Sean.
13-06-2012, 11:20 AM
If Dundee are promoted after the fixtures are released I'd presume there would be a major re-shuffling of the fixtures.

Hainan Hibs
13-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Would prefer Dundee, developed a bit of a soft spot for them when they had Ravanelli and co at Dens and would be good for the league to have a Dundee derby.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dunfermline would prefer the 1st Division with all the Fife derbies to look forward to:greengrin

Billychaotic182
13-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Falkirk

HibbySpurs
13-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Dundee, Dunfermline finished bottom and deserve to be relegated. Dundee were runners up in the SFL1 and therefore are the logical choice to fill any vacancy.

HibbySpurs
13-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Falkirk

May I ask why :confused:

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Has to Dunfermline to stay in the SPL. Any excuse to sing "Cheer up Jim Jeffries"

dangermouse
13-06-2012, 01:13 PM

Berwick.

green glory
13-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Would prefer the name Rangers is kept on the fixture list, the games aren't played but an automatic 3-0 victory against them awarded to the other team.

That way the Huns can greet every week seeing the corpse of their 'proud institution' being flogged for everyone else's amusement.

That would be my preference.

muzzhfc
13-06-2012, 05:51 PM
im 99% positive i read on the bbc that if the huns get punted, then the spl will be an 11 team league. however, if we were to have a 12 team, then a play off for dundee v dunfermaline.

on a slightly related (rangers admin/league punting/etc) note, can the admins creat a folder or whatever (like someone in the know . . .) for all the rangers chat? it was pointed out that there is hunners of threads about rangers. I know that this is headline news but would be nice to see more hibs related threads. id even take the ******g doom and gloomers right now!

ScottB
13-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Hopefully Dunfermline - a properly run club - stay up, instead of promoting another team that cheated financially for their own gain.

You obviously haven't noticed their suspiciously vast overdraft. See David Murrays good friend and ex HBoS boss Masterton for that one.

Dunfermline are down and should stay there. Dundee can come up.

lapsedhibee
13-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Continuity is important, and I'd like to see the spirit of the last few months maintained going in to the new season. We've all enjoyed the farce. Therefore I suggest the Huns' place be taken by The Eagle "Eddie" Edwards in full competitive gear, with The Eel "Eric" Moussambani on the bench.

Minder
13-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Hibs ladies.

Sir David Gray
13-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Almost certain it would be Dundee.

joe breezy
13-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Spartans

SteveHFC
13-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Willem II :wink:

steakbake
13-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Dundee. Sporting integrity dictates it.

JohnStephens91
14-06-2012, 12:22 AM
We should just clone Ali Dia and have a squad of him playing in the SPL, Dia United. Sorted.

proud_and_green
14-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Whadya mean, who should replace rankgers, for me there is no alternative but to replace like with like. That means, and in keeping with the current trend for television shows which allow us to determine the next number one band; it has to be a TV show run by Simon Cowell titled along the lines of "who arra people". Everybody gets to vote provided they pay the call charge - the receipts go to the clubless ex bluenoses home" - and the most bigotted, obnoxious, odious, racist, deluded, paranoid, selfish and ugliest football team which is not a member of a football league gets the gig!

And the proceeds of all the phone votes go towards paying off the creditors of the original bigotted team and a huge piss up for the rest of us with what's left over!

number9dream
14-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Should be Dundee but Dunfermline may challenge it just to add to the fun and games.
I'm pretty sure there are no rules in place to cover such an eventuality, just like newco issue. Back of a fag packet regulation making Scottish football a laughing stock...

PJ IronHIbee
14-06-2012, 08:32 AM
The Pars would be he obvious choice for me due to location but Dundee will get the nod. The pars have trimmed there squad more than us and are building a team for the 1st division. A mixture of youth and a few gambles from the lower leagues.
:flag::flag::flag:GGTTH

Andy74
14-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Should be Dundee but Dunfermline may challenge it just to add to the fun and games.
I'm pretty sure there are no rules in place to cover such an eventuality, just like newco issue. Back of a fag packet regulation making Scottish football a laughing stock...

It's been pointed out a few times now, there are rules and it is Dundee who would get the space.

GreenCastle
15-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Raith Rovers director not happy -

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/raith-rovers/106360-raith-director-unhappy-at-prospect-of-dundee-replacing-rangers-in-spl/

Can someone answer this also - how can The Rangers Football Club apply to get into the SFL and other clubs who aren't in the SFL not apply at the same time also ?

LancsHibs
27-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Thought this was done and dusted and Dundee were on the way up:confused: However, Yorkston has just been on Sky and it appears it's far from decided claiming 'club 12' should be Dunfermline and hinting at a legal objection if the decision does not go their way!!
Any body know the Hampden on this?? Sounds like its going to be a typical Scottish Fitba farce that's going to drag into the new season:timebomb:

DanHFC1875
27-06-2012, 08:22 AM
It has to be Dunfermline go down and stay down... Why do Hibs come bottom and go down,.. yet other teams seem to get off the hook.

the only way i'd accept dunfermline staying in the league is if the league was increased in size beyond 12... then i'd be happy :-)

with rangers in division 3 of course lol

LancsHibs
27-06-2012, 08:28 AM
The SPL need to make a quick decision and announce 'club12' as soon as this farce of a vote on July 4th is over, or sooner if NewcoRangers do the right thing and withdraw their application to the SPL.

bobhfc
27-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Spartans

Phil MaGlass
27-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Dundee, Dunfermline finished bottom and deserve to be relegated. Dundee were runners up in the SFL1 and therefore are the logical choice to fill any vacancy.

Dunfermline deserved relegation, Dundee did not earn promotion,they ended up miles from the winner, no competition,
Playoffs or the league should be pushed now to 14 teams, no more arguments about who should be promoted relegated, Dunfy stay up.

Hibby Gav
27-06-2012, 10:03 AM

Anybody ....:wink:

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2012, 11:02 AM
All this goes to prove is Rangers dont give a toss about any other club. They know the rules, they know whats needed to do, but they fight every decision to prolong what we all know should happen.

They are the ones damaging the WHOLE of scottish football, and after years of cheating us all, they still dont give a toss, and dont care how long they carry on doing so.:rolleyes:

MyJo
27-06-2012, 11:04 AM
If the league was being restructured or a club folded and was unable to complete thier fixtures mid-season there would be no relegation so Dunfermline should get to retain their position in the SPL with 1st division champions promoted, Dundee haven't qualified for entry to the spl

whiskyhibby
27-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Dunfermline, as insolvent Rangers should have finished bottom of he league last season

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bf4xu

jonty
27-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I think Dunfermline are trying to prove that Rangers were using delaying tactics to prevent Liquidation during the season in order to gain entry into the SPL via a newco, that it didn't work is not the issue.
Had they been liquidated during the season there would have been No relegation.
There are instances where the bottom team has not been relegated with Falkirk being the example chosen to make their case.
Falkirk were refused entry into the SPL because their ground did not comply, the bottom team in the SPL retained their status.
It wasn't that the bottom team in the SPL were relegated and the second team in the 1st division were promoted.
Not saying it's right, just saying the basics of the argument.

In which case his argument is flawed.
It's not that the top team in SFL1 that has a problem with promotion, its a vacancy in the top tier that has arisen.
Therefore Dunfermline can be replaced with Raith, and the next eligible team for promotion is Dundee in 2nd place.

If Raith has a problem fulfilling the criteria for the SPL the Dunfermline would have been kept up. Simples.

Cant blame him for grasping at straws but the rules is the rules.

Dinkydoo
27-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I would prefer Dundee however in all fairness i think it should probably be Dunfermline - as already pointed out, Rangers would have finished bottom of the league without all this faffing about and delaying the inevitable for the past few months.

jonty
27-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Think any club in that position would do the same to be honest. They say while there is a precedent for no relegation, there isn't for a second place team to be promoted.
It'll also tie in with the police investigation so there may be mileage in it yet.
I sometimes wonder if we'll have a season 2012 - 2013.
:agree: It could drag on for months - so it may yet end up with an 11 team league. When the dust settles, the team that should have been in the SPL will no doubt then sue for loss of earnings. :rolleyes:

And to think pre-season starts on Monday :greengrin

offshorehibby
27-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I would prefer Dunfermline for selfish reasons, i like my day out in Dunfermline.

Can someone answer this also - how can The Rangers Football Club apply to get into the SFL and other clubs who aren't in the SFL not apply at the same time also ?

I cannot see why any team affiliated with the Scottish leagues not be allowed to apply to fill any space i.e Spartans.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Im alittle bit behind with the 'who gets the SPL position'. but i dont understand why its even an issue.

I have nothing against Dundee but how can a team who finished second in the first division get the oppertunity to play in the SPL?

If rangers have been removed from the league then surly there is no relegation?

I heard someone say " ah but dundee are in acendacy" so what? we finished second last and we are in the decendancy doesnt been we have to be relegated.

am i missing somthing here?

Steve20
06-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I still think that if you finish last, then you should be relegated. Therefore, I think it should be Dundee that get into the SPL.

Thecat23
06-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Im alittle bit behind with the 'who gets the SPL position'. but i dont understand why its even an issue.

I have nothing against Dundee but how can a team who finished second in the first division get the oppertunity to play in the SPL?

If rangers have been removed from the league then surly there is no relegation?

I heard someone say " ah but dundee are in acendacy" so what? we finished second last and we are in the decendancy doesnt been we have to be relegated.

am i missing somthing here?

You could see it both ways. Dunfermline finished bottom so why should they not drop? I'm not bothered myself who comes into the SPL. Just glad Newco aren't in it.

goosefat
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Any other team than Dundee finishing second and I suspect this wouldn't have even been an issue. The SPL are desperate to have as many selling points for this season as possible and, in that respect, a Tayside derby makes perfect financial sense.

Yet again, money talks...

Peevemor
06-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I still think that if you finish last, then you should be relegated. Therefore, I think it should be Dundee that get into the SPL.

I disagree.

It was a normal season in the 1st division and Dundee didn't do enough to gain promotion.

On the other hand, Dunfermline were last in a league that included a team who have been shown to have cheated for years, included players they didn't/couldn't pay for and in reality weren't in a position to pay any wages. Had it not been for their administrators' stalling tactics, they wouldn't even have finished the season.

Dunfie for me. :aok:

Steve20
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I disagree.

It was a normal season in the 1st division and Dundee didn't do enough to gain promotion.

On the other hand, Dunfermline were last in a league that included a team who have been shown to have cheated for years, included players they didn't/couldn't pay for and in reality weren't in a position to pay any wages. Had it not been for their administrators' stalling tactics, they wouldn't even have finished the season.

Dunfie for me. :aok:

Even though I don't agree with that, I can see why some people might think that way so fair enough. I just don't like a league that you can finish last and stay in it. Dundee up!!!!

In fact, have a play off match between the two teams.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Even though I don't agree with that, I can see why some people might think that way so fair enough. I just don't like a league that you can finish last and stay in it. Dundee up!!!!

its happened more than once. if there is only 11 teams in the league how can they be last? rangers are out so effectivly they are the religated team.

Steve20
06-07-2012, 09:09 AM
its happened more than once. if there is only 11 teams in the league how can they be last? rangers are out so effectivly they are the religated team.

How can they be last? Well, in a 12 team league last season they finished 12th.

Yes, it's happened before. I didn't agree with it then and I don't agree with it now. Just my opinion. No doubt Dunfermline will get to stay up.

BoltonHibee
06-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Dunfermline should be allowed back in.

As it turns out they were relegated from a league that was harbouring a cheating club, that is now no longer with us.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Dunfermline should be allowed back in.

As it turns out they were relegated from a league that was harbouring a cheating club, that is now no longer with us.

They haven't been shown to be cheating in 2011/12. However, they are alleged to have cheated in previous seasons. That suggests that all clubs relegated in previous seasons have a right to be considered for reinstatement.

Peevemor
06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
They haven't been shown to be cheating in 2011/12. However, they are alleged to have cheated in previous seasons. That suggests that all clubs relegated in previous seasons have a right to be considered for reinstatement.

They played players they couldn't pay for.

They paid high wages instead of their PAYE/NI liabilities.

Any other business would have been forced into liquidation immediately. This was delayed in RFC's case to allow them to complete the season.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
They played players they couldn't pay for.

They paid high wages instead of their PAYE/NI liabilities.

Any other business would have been forced into liquidation immediately. This was delayed in RFC's case to allow them to complete the season.

That's not the case. The administration process would have been the same for any other business in RFC's situation.

yeezus.
06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Dunfermline please.

AndyM_1875
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Dunfermline.

Stephens bakeries do the catering.
Steak Bakes are totally ACE.

IWasThere2016
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Yup - we cannae bang the drum about sporting integrity then ignore relgeation. The Pars are doon. The Dees should be up. END OF.

Sylar
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if either team will replace Rangers for the this coming season.

The focus is very much on where Sevco will go and this is the focus up until July 13th.

Any decision to reinstate one or t'other will surely be met with a challenge from the unsuccessful party, thus further delaying the process?

I sincerely have doubts as to whether this sorry mess can be fixed in the next 4-5 weeks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Has to be Dundee. Less petrol money needed. Bloke I know who follows the Pars said to me that he wasn't to fussed about going down, and that with derbies to look forward to against Raith and Falkirk, and a team that might start winning, it would bring more fans out than they currently get.

Tha Cabbage Kid
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
i do agree the it would possibly be better having dundee in the spl with the derby. just dont think its right to have them. they didnt win the first division so therefore dont get promoted.
it should be dunfermline in my opinion.

are dundee a better team in any case?

Bobby's Cinema
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
should be Dunfermline for me but hope it's Dundee

Sumner
06-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Should definitely be Dunfermline

When Aberdeen finished bottom, but dodged the drop due to a very convenient deal that re-jigged the SPL, they stayed in. Dunfermline finishing bottom is not a strong enough reason for them not staying in.

Dundee have "plenty of previous" when it comes to administration, but never got relegated in their time for this, adequate balance now would be deny them the convenient jump up, they have not merited.

mon the Pars :agree:

jonty
06-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Should definitely be Dunfermline

When Aberdeen finished bottom, but dodged the drop due to a very convenient deal that re-jigged the SPL, they stayed in. Dunfermline finishing bottom is not a strong enough reason for them not staying in.

Dundee have "plenty of previous" when it comes to administration, but never got relegated in their time for this, adequate balance now would be deny them the convenient jump up, they have not merited.

mon the Pars :agree:

Rubbish - they took a 25 point deduction second time around. At any other point that would have meant relegation, but they did their talking on the park, 23 games unbeaten and stayed up.
Its almost as bad as saying the huns should be in the SPL because they won trophies :wink:

Dunf on the other hand came last in the league. Their position is being taken by Raith.

If Raith couldnt come up (a-la falkirk and stadium requirements) then Dunf should stay. Thats not the case however.

Why should a team who failed to stay in the league, be given a second bite at the cherry, when the rules state that the 2nd position team, there on merit, should be promoted?

'Mon the Dee :greengrin

Sylar
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Dunf on the other hand came last in the league. Their position is being taken by Raith.

Why should a team who failed to stay in the league, be given a second bite at the cherry, when the rules state that the 2nd position team, there on merit, should be promoted?

Sorry J, but that's just lies.

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Rubbish - they took a 25 point deduction second time around. At any other point that would have meant relegation, but they did their talking on the park, 23 games unbeaten and stayed up.
Its almost as bad as saying the huns should be in the SPL because they won trophies :wink:

If Raith couldnt come up (a-la falkirk and stadium requirements) then Dunf should stay. Thats not the case however.

'Mon the Dee :greengrin

i imagine raith would be absolutely delighted if that was the case :cb

ross county wouldn't be very pleased though :)

Spike Mandela
06-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Just somebody in the SPL make a bloody decision and let the team chosen prepare for the bloody season. Season starts in 4 weeks for god's sake.

Shocking dithering as usual by Doncaster and co.:rolleyes:

jonty
06-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry J, but that's just lies.
My memory might be playing tricks but someone on here did quote the rules

i imagine raith would be absolutely delighted if that was the case :cb

ross county wouldn't be very pleased though :)doh

Just somebody in the SPL make a bloody decision and let the team chosen prepare for the bloody season. Season starts in 4 weeks for god's sake.

Shocking dithering as usual by Doncaster and co.:rolleyes:
:agree:

Sylar
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
My memory might be playing tricks but someone on here did quote the rules

The rules suggest neither club has an automatic claim, hence the uncertainty. They effectively rule against Dunfermline, as they were relegated from the league, thus making them ineligible for participation in the SPL but there is absolutely nothing which states second place in the first division comes up in the event of a space opening up as a result of a club ceasing to exist.

There's a small group of folks on here who seem to believe there is something steadfast in the rules which makes this an easy decision, but whenever I've asked them to provide a copy of the rule nothing has been forthcoming.

If such a clear and unambiguous rule existed, there wouldn't even be a discussion about "Who should replace Rangers?".

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Never mind what an absolute mess they have made over the huns fiasco, to still not have any idea who will replace them is a joke, a joke of a league and a joke of the clowns in charge of it. :rolleyes:

Lungo--Drom
06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, whenever I'm dahn sahff in bootiful Essex I try and watch these guys playing. What about them? I'll chip in for the train fair for the team travelling up to matches...

http://www.catholicutd.co.uk/

:flag: :faf:

BoltonHibee
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM

They played players they could afford to pay. They played players that they could not afford to pay for. Cheating in my book

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2012, 06:38 PM
They played players they could afford to pay. They played players that they could not afford to pay for. Cheating in my book

So that would apply to every season over the last 10 or so years. Like I say, that would open the door for every other club that has been relegated during that time to ask to be reinstated.

Then again, that might get us an 18 team league :greengrin

Billy Whizz
06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Rangers should have been put to the bottom of the league die to their miss-management. Dunfermline should stay up as they would then be 2nd bottom. If we had finished bottom I'm sure we would have been arguing for this.

Sylar
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Rangers should have put to the bottom of the league die to their miss-management. Dunfermline should stay up as they would then be 2nd bottom. If we had finished bottom I'm sure we would have been arguing for this.

I think this would have been the case had they gone into liquidation before the season's end.

The fact that it happened in the closed season is where the confusion stems from.

Bostonhibby
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM

How about the BNP 5 a sides team? I know the Huns currently have 6 players but a sub might be required, otherwise a perfect fit.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
How about the BNP 5 a sides team? I know the Huns currently have 6 players but a sub might be required, otherwise a perfect fit.

Not really. There would be no balance to the team with 5 players playing wide right.

joe breezy
06-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I'd like Spartans to take the SFL place that's now available

Bostonhibby
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Not really. There would be no balance to the team with 5 players playing wide right.

Balance? balance? is this still a Hun based thread? going for a lie down!:wink:

jonty
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
The rules suggest neither club has an automatic claim, hence the uncertainty. They effectively rule against Dunfermline, as they were relegated from the league, thus making them ineligible for participation in the SPL but there is absolutely nothing which states second place in the first division comes up in the event of a space opening up as a result of a club ceasing to exist.

There's a small group of folks on here who seem to believe there is something steadfast in the rules which makes this an easy decision, but whenever I've asked them to provide a copy of the rule nothing has been forthcoming.

If such a clear and unambiguous rule existed, there wouldn't even be a discussion about "Who should replace Rangers?".

I've probably picked it up from here (or this has been quoted)
http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/what-happens-now-to-the-spl-and-sfl-re-sevco-rangers/

On that basis, the team slotting into the fixture list as Club 12 should be Dundee. That might cause some re-jigging of the fixture list as there are eight occasions prior to the SPL split where Club 12 and Dundee United are scheduled to play at home at the same time. However, the problem could be solved by splitting the games over a weekend.
Dundee is in pole position because of the SPL rules which specify that if there is the failure of a team during a season, then there is no relegation, and one team is promoted, as normal from SFL1. As Rangers made it to the end of the season, according to the SPL Rules, Dunfermline were then relegated, so, on that basis, the team finishing second, Dundee, will go up with the champions, Ross County.

As you say, if the rules effectively rules against Dunfermline, then who else but the second place team should be promoted?
Third, because you don't like Dundee? :greengrin

HH81
06-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Why not just have a play off winner takes SPL place - Next Saturday at Dunf v Dundee :confused:

jonty
06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Why not just have a play off winner takes SPL place - Next Saturday at Dunf v Dundee :confused:
Thats far too sensible.:agree:

possible issues:
3rd will want a say
players unfit.
lack of warning.
incompelte squads.

SFL need to grow a pair and put dundee up, and put Sevco5088 application in the pot along with the others for div3.
Assuming sevco has applied and been granted an SFA licence.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2012, 09:12 PM

possible issues:
3rd will want a say
players unfit.
lack of warning.
incompelte squads.

SFL need to grow a pair and put dundee up, and put Sevco5088 application in the pot along with the others for div3.
Assuming sevco has applied and been granted an SFA licence.

They applied at the end of June. No word yet on the decision.

jonty
06-07-2012, 09:21 PM
They applied at the end of June. No word yet on the decision.
So until a decision has been made - then any SFL vote is entirely academic.

SFA should just apply the rules and not grant a licence. Save everyone the grief.
(or is that too simplistic?)

heretoday
06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Dundee should go up. The Dundee derby will make lots of money.

Anyway, I like Dundee and Dunfermline are managed by a greetin' faced Jam Tart.

delbert
06-07-2012, 10:00 PM

I have to say the 'managed by a greetin faced Jam Tart' argument is persuasive, it's got to be Dundee then !

Hibernia&Alba
06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Remember Sir Albert !!

A very good point. Lord Albert of Kidd himself :greengrin. Dundee will always have a piece of my heart.

Play off between the Dee and the Pars seems fairest

HH81
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM

possible issues:
3rd will want a say
players unfit.
lack of warning.
incompelte squads.

Same for both sides. I would just play it. Both teams would agree to it i reckon and 3rd don't get a say.

Sylar
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
I've probably picked it up from here (or this has been quoted)
http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/what-happens-now-to-the-spl-and-sfl-re-sevco-rangers/

As you say, if the rules effectively rules against Dunfermline, then who else but the second place team should be promoted?
Third, because you don't like Dundee? :greengrin

Again though J, it's opinion and there is nothing in the rules which covers this situation with any real clarity. Where the same rules state that Dunfermline aren't eligible on account of their relegation, they also state that promotion to the SPL is granted to the "Candidate Club", which in this instance is Ross County. I'm willing to be corrected here, but I'm pretty sure both Dundee and Falkirk submitted applications to the SPL? This might be one of those well travelled messageboard myths, but when there is no steadfast rule, the SPL have a decision to make. If the previous season is considered dead and gone in the situation of amending relegation (i.e., Dunfermline definitely not eligible as they were relegated, despite the fate of Rangers), it surely isn't fair (or as simple as) looking at the league positions from last season in division 1. Dundee failed to meet the criteria last season to gain admission to the SPL. That's now in the past (as it happened in the closed season) so similar to any club entering into the Scottish League setup, surely it's going to be based on an application and opinion/vote structure?

I'm obviously not a fan of Dundee but I see both sides of the argument here - Dunfermline were relegated and Dundee didn't gain promotion - Dunfermline can't be "saved" because the occurrence of Rangers losing their league place happened in the off-season. By the same token, it's completely irrespective where Dundee finished, as that was last season. You can't use this argument to condemn Dunfermline's right to re-entry whilst willfully ignoring the same criteria in advocating Dundee's place. It's not so black and white.

Isn't the whole argument that sporting integrity should be placed before financial motivation? :greengrin

The financial gain/lure of the Dundee derby isn't good enough criteria alone, but it is a big consideration for the SPL. Fans of the other 10 SPL clubs will enjoy the change of scenery next season with 2 new grounds, there would still be 2 fiery derbies in the league and it means there are another 2 Hibs games where I can stroll up to the stadium inside 15 minutes.

Plus, watching the Arabs pump them 3 times next season would be quite pleasing :greengrin

steakbake
07-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Rumour on the street is that the Bucharest team is taking over the Grangemouth Stadium before making a shock bid to enter the SFL 3.

Traynor, Young, you read it here first.

joe breezy
07-07-2012, 04:23 AM
From a fans view would like Dundee back in the Premier League

With regards to the rules Dunfermline were in a league with a cheat so shouldn't really be relegated

So Dunfermline edge it on sporting integrity

EdinMike
07-07-2012, 04:42 AM
I don't think i've read an invalid point in all these posts. I don't really see a right or wrong answer either.

So for me the "fairest" way to decide it would be a play off, and I reckon it would be a tasty affair.

cad
07-07-2012, 05:33 AM
From a fans view would like Dundee back in the Premier League

With regards to the rules Dunfermline were in a league with a cheat so shouldn't really be relegated

So Dunfermline edge it on sporting integrity

Dunfermline for me , as Joe says played in a league with cheats lose the cheats reinstate The Pars.
Yorkston in at the demise of Doncaster ,Regan and Mr Teflon ,Ogilvie would be poetic justice IMO.:wink:

Steve20
07-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Can't believe this is still going on. It's obvious that it should be Dundee. Shouldn't even be any doubt.

greenginger
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=jonty;3287045]Thats far too sensible.:agree:

possible issues:
3rd will want a say
players unfit.
lack of warning.
incompelte squads

Or, a penalty shoot-out or toss of the coin ?

May'be even the Scottish Cup Draw balls - " And the Team to be Club 12 is Sevco F C " thats it sorted . :greengrin

Robinho08
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Dundee please. But why not do a 2 leg play off? Extra cash for both teams.

jonty
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Again though J, it's opinion and there is nothing in the rules which covers this situation with any real clarity. Where the same rules state that Dunfermline aren't eligible on account of their relegation, they also state that promotion to the SPL is granted to the "Candidate Club", which in this instance is Ross County. I'm willing to be corrected here, but I'm pretty sure both Dundee and Falkirk submitted applications to the SPL? This might be one of those well travelled messageboard myths, but when there is no steadfast rule, the SPL have a decision to make. If the previous season is considered dead and gone in the situation of amending relegation (i.e., Dunfermline definitely not eligible as they were relegated, despite the fate of Rangers), it surely isn't fair (or as simple as) looking at the league positions from last season in division 1. Dundee failed to meet the criteria last season to gain admission to the SPL. That's now in the past (as it happened in the closed season) so similar to any club entering into the Scottish League setup, surely it's going to be based on an application and opinion/vote structure?

I'm obviously not a fan of Dundee but I see both sides of the argument here - Dunfermline were relegated and Dundee didn't gain promotion - Dunfermline can't be "saved" because the occurrence of Rangers losing their league place happened in the off-season. By the same token, it's completely irrespective where Dundee finished, as that was last season. You can't use this argument to condemn Dunfermline's right to re-entry whilst willfully ignoring the same criteria in advocating Dundee's place. It's not so black and white.

In which case, why have Dundee been told they can't vote as they have a conflict of interest, yet Dunfermline can?

Of course, you could argue that those who run the leagues havent got a clue what they're doing and make it up as they go along.

I agree there isn't any real clarity otherwise the debate and confusion wouldnt exist.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/sfl-meeting-137-part-1-why-cant-dundee-vote-on-sevco-rangers/

jgl07
09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
In which case, why have Dundee been told they can't vote as they have a conflict of interest, yet Dunfermline can?

Of course, you could argue that those who run the leagues havent got a clue what they're doing and make it up as they go along.

I agree there isn't any real clarity otherwise the debate and confusion wouldnt exist.

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/sfl-meeting-137-part-1-why-cant-dundee-vote-on-sevco-rangers/

What concerns me is that the decision was not taken last week. Ranmgers were rejected so there is a vacancy.

I am concerned that if the SFL fail to put Rangers in the First Division that Doncaster will bring back the proposal to put Rangers in the SPL.

I can see no other logical reason to delay the decision on promoting Dundee.

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2012, 01:34 PM
What concerns me is that the decision was not taken last week. Ranmgers were rejected so there is a vacancy.

I am concerned that if the SFL fail to put Rangers in the First Division that Doncaster will bring back the proposal to put Rangers in the SPL.

I can see no other logical reason to delay the decision on promoting Dundee.

The SFL have three votes to take this week.

The 1st is on admitting Sevco to the League.

The second is on admitting them to D1.

The third is on accepting the resignation of either Dundee or Dunfermline. Presumably, before the vote, there will be a debate.

Golden Bear
09-07-2012, 01:49 PM
For no other reason other than I like going to East End Park and Dens Park is a total dump which is devoid of atmosphere, then it's got to be Dunfermline for me.

Pretty Boy
09-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Don't really care which of the 2 come up.

Going to Dundee twice a season already is really quite enough. Also they were quite into the whole spending what they couldn't afford themselves. They've done their time though I suppose.

Dunfermilne where relegated and should stay that way imo. Decent away trip but their chairman is a total bawbag.

Tough choice but I'd probably say it should be Dundee but I'd personally prefer Dunfermilne.

truehibernian
09-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Dunfermline for me. Have a wee soft spot for their fans, who I thought were in excellent form at ER despite being relegated. Very sporting. Like EEP too, and would love to heap more misery on JJ next season.

Moan the Pars.

NOLA
09-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Third Lanark or St. Bernards :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Always enjoyed Hibs v Dundee, so from that point Dundee. Anyway ,, any team that finished below us in the league last year doesnt deserve to be in the SPL :greengrin

If the SPL had any imagination they would form a 14 or 16 team league now ... problem solved.

SMAXXA
15-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but was talking to a mate yesterday and this came up in the conversation. Why dont Dundee and Dunfermline have a play-off (1 Leg or 2) with the victors gaining entry into the SPL. This way both clubs will get much needed revenue and the loaser will have revenue that they wouldnt otherwise have had. Alo this would possible be seen as the fairest way for both clubs and end any further possibler action from the team that doesnt get elected into the SPL?

I think this as a pretty decent idea, I accept that it may not be ideal for nboth clubs with pre-season already scheduled etc but im sure this would bring in some much needed cash and more so than a pre-season game would.

Thoughts?

JHFC
15-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I was thinking the same

Hibercelona
15-07-2012, 12:30 PM
It's been brought up multiple times already.

But it seems to me through that the SPL are holding out for something...... I wonder what. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
15-07-2012, 12:30 PM
This would have been the sensible idea, given that both clubs have very valid claims for being "club 12" in next season's SPL. However, considering that the first ball is kicked in 20 days' time, I really don't think there is enough time to organise this play off match and then all the consequences that go with it.

The SPL need to make a decision on this NOW and stop the messing about. It's disgraceful that both these clubs have been left in limbo for all this time.

bob12345
15-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Correct, would create lots of excitement, revenue and would be the fairest way. Too late for this year, however can we not get this set in stone for next time a club folds? It astounds me that nobody is sure what the set procedure is right now, surely it is in the rules?

joe breezy
15-07-2012, 12:42 PM
yeah if there's a grey area in this do a play off

so obvious and another opportunity for a big game that doesn't involve OF

but no, we have ********s in charge

Keith_M
15-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Serious question here.

Has anyone asked Dunfermline if they WANT to be in the SPL?

I heard a few noises from Yorkston last season that he thought they were better off financially in the SFL.

:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Serious question here.

I heard a few noises from Yorkston last season that he thought they were better off financially in the SFL.

Surely they want to be parachuted into the 3rd division, so they can get their rangers fix every club needs? :wink:

California-Hibs
15-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Serious question here.

Boy at work is a big Par's fan and he's been saying for awhile not that he really really hopes they are in the First Division next season. Always goes on about them not being an SPL team and the many exciting rival games that lay ahead in Div 1 for them. Always found it strange that he actually prefers life in the first than the SPL..

Eyrie
15-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Boy at work is a big Par's fan and he's been saying for awhile not that he really really hopes they are in the First Division next season. Always goes on about them not being an SPL team and the many exciting rival games that lay ahead in Div 1 for them. Always found it strange that he actually prefers life in the first than the SPL..

I can see where he's coming from as their games in Division One will be more competitive than playing the Ugly Sisters and they'll be challenging at the top of the table rather than trying to avoid relegation.

SMAXXA
15-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I can see where he's coming from as their games in Division One will be more competitive than playing the Ugly Sisters and they'll be challenging at the top of the table rather than trying to avoid relegation.

Plus they get to play the bairns twice a season, their big derby game.

Tha Cabbage Kid
15-07-2012, 08:06 PM
now that rangers are in the third division who moves? does the relegated team from 2nd division stay up? or does the second place finnisher go up and the relegated team still go down?

i cant remember who was getting relegated from last season can anyone remind me?

if im correct the relegated team didnt get relegated right? so why should the pars???

Eyrie
15-07-2012, 09:59 PM
now that rangers are in the third division who moves? does the relegated team from 2nd division stay up? or does the second place finnisher go up and the relegated team still go down?

i cant remember who was getting relegated from last season can anyone remind me?

if im correct the relegated team didnt get relegated right? so why should the pars???

It's the runners up in the two play off games that move up a division - Stranraer to the Second and Airdrie to the First.

Kaiser_Sauzee
15-07-2012, 10:40 PM
It has to be Dunfermline. They played an illegal Rangers side that cost them their league place. Dundee couldn't win their own league.

Dunfermline is the fair and sensible choice.

Hibercelona
15-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Am I the only person then that finds it suspicious that they haven't sorted this out yet?

With a meeting later on today (Monday) and the free slot still openly available, i'm surprised more people aren't concerned about this.

I think its pretty obvious what they are attempting to do.

Bobby's Cinema
15-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Am I the only person then that finds it suspicious that they haven't sorted this out yet?

With a meeting later on today (Monday) and the free slot still openly available, i'm surprised more people aren't concerned about this.

No you're not the only one. Lets hope tomorrow is the end of it but we all know that won't be the case.

The play-off idea has to be thrown out aswell, the clubs are already saying about how unprepared they are for the start of the season, that would only eat up more time.

Sir David Gray
15-07-2012, 11:28 PM

There would be outrage if the SPL ruled that Rangers were to be in the SPL next season, given everything that's happened over the past few weeks.

If that happens, I would seriously consider calling on Hibs to tender their resignation from the SPL and call on all like minded clubs to do likewise.

Surely even the SPL wouldn't attempt something like that!?

Hibercelona
15-07-2012, 11:35 PM
There would be outrage if the SPL ruled that Rangers were to be in the SPL next season, given everything that's happened over the past few weeks.

If that happens, I would seriously consider calling on Hibs to tender their resignation from the SPL and call on all like minded clubs to do likewise.

Surely even the SPL wouldn't attempt something like that!?

Would the people at the top honestly care?

They are Business men. All they look at are the figures. They don't care what you or I think, as long as they can keep making as much money as possible.

That means that if every club pull out of the SPL barr Celtic and Rangers, they won't really care. They would just pull up other clubs to fill the empty slots.

As long as they can keep the OF games and keep them at the top of the table, the other 10 clubs could be pulled up from the highland leagues for all they care.

Hamish
16-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Suggestions in the press that they might not replace Club 12 and go with a 11 team SPL.

LancsHibs
16-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Suggestions in the press that they might not replace Club 12 and go with a 11 team SPL.

Can't see that as doesn't make much sense, if there is going to be less money (which there is) why would clubs want to cut 2 home fixtures?? If Dundee were admitted they would bring a decent support to United/St.Johnston/Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts

Billy Whizz
16-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Can't see that as doesn't make much sense, if there is going to be less money (which there is) why would clubs want to cut 2 home fixtures?? If Dundee were admitted they would bring a decent support to United/St.Johnston/Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts

They would have more home games. 40 fixtures, 20 home and away with no split!
Get your season ticket now, great value

Hibercelona
16-07-2012, 08:22 AM
They would have more home games. 40 fixtures, 20 home and away with no split!
Get your season ticket now, great value

Playing every team 4 times (possibly up to 6 times) in one season?

Get Dundee up. Dunfermline don't even want promotion.

MG1965
16-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Totally agree with you that was always the case that the team being relegated would stay in the premier league. Thats what happened when Falkirk didn't have a suitable stadium to get into the SPL.:agree:

LancsHibs
16-07-2012, 11:35 AM
What time is the meeting today? When do we expect an announcement?

LancsHibs
16-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Just turned on sky and they are expecting an announcement from Hampden soon that Dundee are being promoted!

Answered my own question:greengrin

Andy74
16-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Just turned on sky and they are expecting an announcement from Hampden soon that Dundee are being promoted!

Answered my own question:greengrin

And so the integrity of the SPL remains with just the two teams that have shafted creditors and another who don't pay anyone! :wink:

lucky
16-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Just been announced its Dundee.

Steve20
16-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Correct decision.

Just Alf
16-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Correct decision.

aye... hopefully that puts paid to any "SPL Stitch up" rumours we kept hearing.....

H18sry
16-07-2012, 11:46 AM
https://www.facebook.com/BBCSportsound :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
16-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Phew!

I was really expecting the worst.

Not like me at all. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
16-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Phew!

I was really expecting the worst.

Not like me at all. :greengrin
I'm not relaxing until the last bloke out of Hampden turns out the lights later today!

Just Alf
16-07-2012, 11:56 AM
http://t.co/EEnORk5E

Dundee bit is at the end.

flash
16-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I presume there is a long queue forming to renew season tickets.

Keith_M
16-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Congratulations to Dundee and welcome on board.

:thumbsup:

Eganov
16-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Dundee were my preference but this is a decision pinned wholely on the financial gain of the Dundee derby. A play-off was the way to go for me.

Sean1875
16-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Very happy with this :agree:

StevieT
16-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Happy to see Dundee promoted but can't help but think it should never have come to this if Rangers hadn't been allowed to limp across the finishing line.

allezsauzee
16-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Should have been Rangers:duck:

CallumLaidlaw
16-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Someone on Facebook has mentioned that dens park isn't to SPL standards. Is this right?

yeezus.
16-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Hmmm should of been the team that finished 12th, not 14th.

R'Albin
Dundee were my preference but this is a decision pinned wholely on the financial gain of the Dundee derby. A play-off was the way to go for me.

blackpoolhibs
Someone on Facebook has mentioned that dens park isn't to SPL standards. Is this right?

It was the last time they were in the SPL?:confused:

Andy74
16-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Hmmm should of been the team that finished 12th, not 14th.

How can you finish 14th in a league of 12?

Dunfermline were relegated, fair and square, they had their shot in that league and had the chance to remain in it if they deserved it.

You can't tell how Dundee would have faired, budgets aren't comparable for example. They were next in line to get an invite to to a place and to give it a go and it's fair enough.

I guess most years you are against the team that is 12th losing out to the team that were '13th'?

PeterboroHibee
16-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Whilst I would like to see a play-off introduced, I dont think it would have been suitable to play it now. The season starts in a matter of weeks, so within that time they would have to arrange a date, a venue and everything else thats necessary for putting on what would be an important game. It would also leave both teams in limbo until the game has been played, where they probably wouldnt be fully prepared coming into an SPL season (Im sure moving up a league would allow either team to attract maybe 1 or 2 slightly better players).

Im pleased Dundee have come up, its ridiculous the amount of time its taken to sort out, and despite all the rumours about where Rangers might end up, everything seems to have worked out.

LancashireHibby
16-07-2012, 12:31 PM
All seated, holds more than 10,000 and has been in the SPL before - can't see any reason why that would be the case.

CallumLaidlaw
16-07-2012, 12:31 PM
It was the last time they were in the SPL?:confused:

That's what I thought

delbert
16-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Dundee were my choice too, but to be fair, they didn't spend a whole season playing in a league where one of the teams was cheating and not paying its taxes all year benefitting financially from their actions, its never a level playing field to begin with but one of the teams they were up against were cheating during the whole season.

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2012, 12:45 PM
All seated, holds more than 10,000 and has been in the SPL before - can't see any reason why that would be the case.

Also has the required 'undersoil heating'

Keith_M
16-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Pittodrie and Caledonian Stadium don't meet SPL standards either

Hibercelona
16-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Technically, it should have been Dunfermline. As Rangers were not financially viable to compete in the SPL, they should not have been playing.

Had the plug been pulled rightfully during the season, Dunfermline would have stayed up.

However. I don't think Dunfermline are that bothered by this decision. Having spoken to some of their fans, they seem quite happy about competing in DIV1 this season and playing against some of their rival Fife clubs.

Just Alf
16-07-2012, 01:30 PM
1421:
BREAKING NEWS
Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston says his club are taking legal advice after the SPL's elected to invite Dundee to join the league.

From BBC

--------
16-07-2012, 01:36 PM
1421:
BREAKING NEWS
Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston says his club are taking legal advice after the SPL's elected to invite Dundee to join the league.

From BBC

Ladies and Gentlemen, will you all take your partners for the next dance? :rolleyes:

J-C
16-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, will you all take your partners for the next dance? :rolleyes:

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Stevo1875
16-07-2012, 02:57 PM
if we were in last place, i would have been going mental about being cheated out of a place in the league.

DarrenSQH
16-07-2012, 02:59 PM
If we had finished last i doubt dundee would have even entered the conversation.

.Sean.
16-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I can't find the article, but Yorkston said fairly recently that SFL football suited Dunfermline better financially, so he's changed his views.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Whether Dunfy fancy SPL or SFL, I think that in this situation, they have to make noises and at least signal some intent. A bit like when an internal job posting comes up at work, and you know that you dinna have a real chance of getting it, but you want to put out the correct messages about wanting to get on. Would show a real lack of ambition if they let it slide.

neilmartinrocks
16-07-2012, 03:28 PM
ken a few boys who bought season tickets at the end of last season for dens wonder if they are still valid? be the cheapest season tickets going if they are!!

Lungo--Drom
16-07-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18861381

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8291/7583502784_0dbcd7799f.jpg

"Hello, my name is Mr. Happy." :paranoid:

Bristolhibby
16-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Has anyone thought about the fixture headache that this is going to cause?

The computer regularly had Dundee Utd and "Club 12" (Dundee) at home in the same day.

Bassas obviously thought that Club 12 would be Rangers.

Also I am sure that Newco are playing at home at the same time as Celtic.

Don't make any arrangements for travel just yet as a fixture change could be on the cards.

J

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I dont understand Dunfermline making a claim, IIRC they said during last season, that they could not afford to play in the SPL, even closing one of their stands.....Strange....

scoopyboy
16-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Has anyone thought about the fixture headache that this is going to cause?

The computer regularly had Dundee Utd and "Club 12" (Dundee) at home in the same day.

Bassas obviously thought that Club 12 would be Rangers.

Also I am sure that Newco are playing at home at the same time as Celtic.

Don't make any arrangements for travel just yet as a fixture change could be on the cards.

J

When the fixtures were drawn up it would have been Rangers and all the lazy gets done was change Rangers to Club 12, obviously hoping they just change them back.

down-the-slope
16-07-2012, 06:29 PM
looking forward to playing Dundee..good away support

dont think club 12 were ever going to be NewCo

Remember DUFC will be Sundays during Uefa weeks - TV (even reduced deal) will move plenty matches...anyone who thinks there will be full houses at Ibrox all season...no chance... novelty will wear off (i remember 15,000 being a normal crown there on a few decades ago...

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Looks like there will be no change to the fixture list despite the OF and Dundee clubs both at home same weekend.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/07/16/spl-say-no-change-to-the-fixture-list-despite-dundee-clubs-and-old-firm-being-at-home-on-same-weekends-86908-23909190/

Chief executive Neil Doncaster said: ""The fixtures will be as they are but there will clearly be an element of flexibility required, both with potentially Rangers and Celtic being at home the same weekend and Dundee and Dundee United being at home on the same weekend.

"We will work with the police and the clubs to work through those implications.

"TV will dislocate some fixtures anyway, there may be some fixtures dislocated because of European competition. All of those issues we'll have to work through with the clubs, police and the Scottish Football League."

monteddie
17-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Pars and top 3 from SFL should play off just like the other leagues
It stinks that these rules are not in place before situations happen however I guess from a financial point of view a Dundee derby will add some added attraction to the fixture list as well some gates receipts that may compensate the loss of 2visits from Rangers.
Regardless I am a firm believer that this will be the rebirth of Scottish football.

IWasThere2016
18-07-2012, 06:35 AM
I dont understand Dunfermline making a claim, IIRC they said during last season, that they could not afford to play in the SPL, even closing one of their stands.....Strange....

They're desparate. Yorkston's a plum.

truehibernian
18-07-2012, 07:36 AM
It stinks that these rules are not in place before situations happen however I guess from a financial point of view a Dundee derby will add some added attraction to the fixture list as well some gates receipts that may compensate the loss of 2visits from Rangers.
Regardless I am a firm believer that this will be the rebirth of Scottish football.

Highland derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, New Firm derby, Tayside derby.....and Celtic games......plenty for TV to get excited about in Scottish football and preserve the deals. I'm quite sure even Rangers fans will tune in too. Wee chance for second place too, increased competition amongst the 'rest'........I'd say Doncaster is pretty poor at his job if he can't sell our product on that basis.

Billy Whizz
18-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Highland derby, Edinburgh derby, Dundee derby, New Firm derby, Tayside derby.....and Celtic games......plenty for TV to get excited about in Scottish football and preserve the deals. I'm quite sure even Rangers fans will tune in too. Wee chance for second place too, increased competition amongst the 'rest'........I'd say Doncaster is pretty poor at his job if he can't sell our product on that basis.

You're starting to get me excited, well put