PDA

View Full Version : "Sell Out Saturday" -- 11th August (merged)

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 08:18 AM
With there likely to be a large shortfall in income due to the collapse of Rangers and the effect on the TV deal this seems to me to be a great idea, and as we have Hearts at home this weekend should be no problem for us to sell out, even if we get half of those coming along who went to the cup final. :pfgwa

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07/16/selloutsaturday-campaign-urges-football-fans-to-pack-out-stadiums-and-save-national-game-from-collapse-86908-23908992/

http://theawayend.net/articles/features/1182-sell-out-saturday-in-the-scottish-premier-league

SellOutSaturday: Campaign urges football fans to pack out stadiums and save national game from collapse

THE Daily Record is backing diehard football fans by getting behind SellOutSaturday.

Supporters sent out an SOS urging armchair fans to fill up Aberdeen’s Pittodrie stadium for next month’s first home game of the new SPL season. The Record believes that supporters who truly love the game can safeguard their clubs’ futures by turning up to support them throughout the season. We are calling on them to do the most powerful thing available – buying a ticket and sitting in the stands on SellOutSaturday, August 11.

The campaign is gathering momentum and supporters of all of Scotland’s great clubs are uniting to save the national game from collapse. Rangers’ liquidation and reformation as a newco has ended up with them being kicked out of the SPL. SFA boss Stewart Regan and SPL head Neil Doncaster angered fans of other clubs by forecasting financial disaster – and called for the club to be placed in the First Division.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour predicted that his club, along with Motherwell, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Inverness, could go bust. But defiant fans believe that by sticking together, they can reignite some lost passion and banish the spectre of financial armageddon.
Gordon Duncan, spokesman of the newly-formed Dons Supporters Together, said: “It’s an ­opportunity for Scotland’s top division to show we can attract crowds without the Old Firm.”

Over the last few weeks, supporters urged their clubs to treat Rangers like Livingston and Gretna before them. Club leaders appeared to listen as thousands of fans threatened not to renew their season tickets if Rangers were seen to be getting favourable treatment. Now those same supporters have to dig deeper as Scottish football enters a season shrouded in uncertainty.

But Gordon said he had “never bought into the ­armageddon line”.

He added: “Our first home game is against Ross County and we believe the two sets of supporters can produce a crowd of 16,000 to 19,000. “That would wipe out in one afternoon the money one visit from Rangers brings.”

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Full list of fixtures on 11/08. Which one are you going to?

Changes still need to be made re Rangers in Div 3 :>)

Aberdeen V Ross County 15:00
Club 12 V St Mirren 15:00
Hibernian V Hearts 15:00 (likely to move for TV)
Inverness CT V Kilmarnock 15:00
Motherwell V St Johnstone 15:00

Cowdenbeath V Dunfermline 15:00
Dundee V Dumbarton 15:00
Morton V Livingston 15:00
Partick Thistle V Falkirk 15:00
Raith Rovers V Hamilton 15:00

Airdrie Utd V Arbroath 15:00
Alloa V East Fife 15:00
Ayr V Stenhousemuir 15:00
Brechin V Albion 15:00
Queen of Sth V Forfar 15:00

Berwick V Elgin 15:00
East Stirling V Queens Park 15:00
Montrose V Clyde 15:00
Peterhead V Stranraer 15:00
Stirling V Annan Athletic 15:00

StevieC
16-07-2012, 08:25 AM
August the 11th is the Hearts game, which should be close to selling out anyway so no real gain for the club.

The talk previously was of a "No to Newco" day on the day that we are due to play Club 12, 6th October. As the Newco is likely to be Dundee/Dunfermline then it would make sense to choose this game instead.

Gatecrasher
16-07-2012, 08:26 AM
I will be at ER with 2 extras in our group GGTTH

Saorsa
16-07-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm surprised the daily bog roll has time tae get involved with this, are they still no too busy campaigning for sevco.

theonlywayisup
16-07-2012, 08:36 AM
I really hope the REAL fans get behind all of our teams. They all need to support their clubs.

I also hope that this is the day when Scottish Football look forward and not backwards. Put the past behind us and start talking about the positives. Let's hope we see a lot of young talent on the pitch. Say goodbye to the cheap foreigners and let's see more young Scottish footballers.

A spokesman for Hibs, who set off on a pre-season tour of Holland, Belgium and Germany tomorrow, said: “The support is there as we saw in the Scottish Cup final.
“The fans are just waiting for *something to excite them.”

Too true! But we must support our club in their time of need.

JHFC
16-07-2012, 08:37 AM
What if we could try get as many along to the Huddersfield game then our next game on the 11th v them (this game should hopefully attract a large crowd anyway) and finally our next home game v St Johnstone.

I will be attending all these games with 3-4 mates.

theonlywayisup
16-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I would hope that Hibs & Hertz try and get as many of the Festive visitors to come to the game.

Your chance to experience Scotland's top derby.

Sounds good doesn't it!

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 08:41 AM
August the 11th is the Hearts game, which should be close to selling out anyway so no real gain for the club.

The talk previously was of a "No to Newco" day on the day that we are due to play Club 12, 6th October. As the Newco is likely to be Dundee/Dunfermline then it would make sense to choose this game instead.

We only had 15,013 for the Hearts game at New Year, with a capacity of 20,421 the extra 5,000+ would make a big difference to Hibs finances this season.

Should be possible, when you look at the cup final crowd.

Judas Iscariot
16-07-2012, 09:29 AM
We only had 15,013 for the Hearts game at New Year, with a capacity of 20,421 the extra 5,000+ would make a big difference to Hibs finances this season.

Then you look at the cup final result and realise why it wont happen...

theonlywayisup
16-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Don't look back. Only look forward. Our team needs our support.

MB62
16-07-2012, 09:38 AM

I don't go to these televised games purely down to cost reasons, £28 for a game live on T.V. is a no brainer for me.
I will now be making a point of going to the games.

Keith_M
16-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I expect a lot of people will be waiting first to see if Today turns out to be "Sell Out Monday"

:wink:

hibs0666
16-07-2012, 09:41 AM

It's done and now is the time to man-up, cheer the team to a comfortable victory and ensure the future existence of the club.

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2012, 09:42 AM
F--- THE DAILY ******.....jumping on the bandwagon trying to get back into the good books of supporters

Back the clubs? I thought that was going to happen anyway since the buns were dumped???
God I ****ing hate the Daily ******

ginger_rice
16-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Is the derby likely to be moved to the Sunday? Or will it be more likely a 1230 kick off on the Saturday.

I think that if it's the Sunday I'll pop along to Forthbank on the Saturday.

StevieC
16-07-2012, 10:06 AM

That's my thoughts as well.

A lot of supporters I've spoke to are thinking of skipping the Hearts game as they don't fancy the obvious abuse that it will entail. It's not nice to have old wounds opened up again.

Future17
16-07-2012, 10:15 AM

A lot of supporters I've spoke to are thinking of skipping the Hearts game as they don't fancy the obvious abuse that it will entail. It's not nice to have old wounds opened up again.

Part and parcel of backing your club...

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 10:26 AM
There's no doubt that Hearts will pretty much sell out and they will be crowing about the cup final result all day, so let's sell out the Hibs stands and drown these f*****s out.

DarrenSQH
16-07-2012, 10:26 AM
After the cup final, anyone who thinks we will get over 15k against hearts is crazy.

(also alot of people will still be on holiday, a few of my group are)

keep the faith
16-07-2012, 10:56 AM
After the cup final, anyone who thinks we will get over 15k against hearts is crazy.

You dont think there is ay least a full house worth of hibs fans willing to back the club for standing up to the cheating huns??? I really hope wrong. everyone who has made their views clear on the newco should be at this derby if they can at all afford it.

H18sry
16-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Why don't we choose every game?

Gatecrasher
16-07-2012, 11:15 AM

Nah that actually means getting off your arse and supporting Hibs :agree:

hailhail22
16-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Respect your view but am the complete opposite, no point in people hiding away from hearts cause of that game, we need to sell Easter road out and make as much noise as possible and cheer the team on getting a result against them, anyone who think staying away from this game because a few jambos are going to shout at them is silly tbh, everyone get there and cheer on the boys ggtth

Andy74
16-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Respect your view but am the complete opposite, no point in people hiding away from hearts cause of that game, we need to sell Easter road out and make as much noise as possible and cheer the team on getting a result against them, anyone who think staying away from this game because a few jambos are going to shout at them is silly tbh, everyone get there and cheer on the boys ggtth

Agreed, we can either let them own us now or we can show them that we intend to change things. Time to man up!

StevieC
16-07-2012, 11:24 AM
There's no doubt that Hearts will pretty much sell out and they will be crowing about the cup final result all day

Exactly.

so let's sell out the Hibs stands and drown these f*****s out.

Totally agree.

You dont think there is ay least a full house worth of hibs fans willing to back the club for standing up to the cheating huns??? I really hope wrong. everyone who has made their views clear on the newco should be at this derby if they can at all afford it.

Yes. I just don't personally think it should be at the Hearts game.

Sadly, the first derby will be an "in your face hobo losers" day. We've got to just take that one on the chin. Any attempt to promote it as some sort of "No to Newco" day is going to be completely lost.

Pick a game that is going to have a fairly low turnout and promote that one as the game to sell-out and help the club. That is going to a lot more beneficial to the club than the Hearts game. It doesn't have to be the first home game just because the Daily Record says so. :wink:

Mikey
16-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I've added a sticky to the top of the board which will stay there for the whole season. It has a link to the Tickets page on the official site and info on how to book tickets.

If you see anyone asking, that's where to point them :wink:

And if I've missed anything useful let me know!

DarrenSQH
16-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Would love it if it was sold out but from experiance the attitude of alot of hibs fans is to stay away when a probable defeat is on the cards. Look at games at Tynie for example where we have not filled half the stand.

thebakerboy
16-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Got my Season ticket so would love to be there , but for once I hope it gets moved to Sunday as I return to Southampton on the 11th. from a Cruise and won't get back home till evening , so will miss game if on Saturday , but will be there in spirit.

lucky
16-07-2012, 11:53 AM
The Huns are gone Dundee are in. Hibs fans should back sell out Saturday. The extra 5000 on the gate covers the lack of the Huns visits when you add in the police costs and Dundees 500 fans. It is time for fans to back our club and stop looking for excuses not to go.

theonlywayisup
16-07-2012, 11:59 AM
The Huns are gone Dundee are in. Hibs fans should back sell out Saturday. The extra 5000 on the gate covers the lack of the Huns visits when you add in the police costs and Dundees 500 fans. It is time for fans to back our club and stop looking for excuses not to go.

Agree! Don't look back. Only look forward. Our team needs our support.

Dinkydoo
16-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Agree! Don't look back. Only look forward. Our team needs our support.

:agree:

I still shudder and sink into depression for 30 minutes+ every time I hear KC & The Sunshine Band's "Give it up", but as a non season ticket holder I'm going to try my hardest to make it to this game.

FTH :pfgwa

YehButNoBut
16-07-2012, 12:12 PM
ScottishComedyFC‏@ScotComFCEdinburgh & Dundee begin battle for Scotland's biggest derby. Edinburgh one may suffer from Hibs fans taking couches to watch it behind.

Let's show them that we can get of our couches and support our team.

half.time.draw.
16-07-2012, 12:25 PM
I would hope that Hibs & Hertz try and get as many of the Festive visitors to come to the game.

Sounds good doesn't it!

Never thought of that.
We are the people lol

ano hibby
16-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I say we back the campaign. We were never going to sell out especially after cup final. Probably lucky to get 12k Hibs fans. New ER has never been sold out. What better time to do it, two fingers up to the Huns/West Coast Media/SFA doom-mongers/our gloating neighbours. More realistic for us selling out for this game than doubling the attendance for St Mirren/Killie etc.
First home game of the season, get behind James and his team.:agree:

Bishop Hibee
16-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Dearie me :rolleyes: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. We used to wind-up jambs mercilessly about 0-7, Albert Kidd, 6-2, no trophies pre-'98. Take your medicine and celebrate when we beat them :greengrin

marinello59
16-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm not going because those nasty Hearts fans might laugh at me and call me bad names. And that's my wifes job.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm not going because those nasty Hearts fans might laugh at me and call me bad names. And that's my wifes job.

Now thats funny. :faf:

offshorehibby
16-07-2012, 05:29 PM
I've got my season ticket anyway so i'll be there but i think every able Hibs fan should get their backsides along to ER on the 11th. for 1-to back Hibs for saying no to newco and 2- Drowning out these hearts bams and give it them tight. If ever there's a time to back Hibs it's now.

You know it makes sense - SOS11

Emerald
16-07-2012, 05:41 PM
You can put out call for a full house if you like. I'll be there with my ST anyway but there WILL be thousands of empty seats. The only thing that will make fans turn up is to give them something decent to watch on the pitch. The truth is that far too many have been driven away after watching utter crep for years now, no excitement and the team on a downward spiral. These people have been through all the other campaigns and rallying calls but seen no decent return from it. Rather than talking to the converted, which I'm sure most on here are, try and persuade some of your lapst mates to make a day out with you and get them along. I think it will prove difficult!

jgl07
16-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I think that consideration should be given to watching the odd match at the home of SFL clubs who stuck their necks out including Raith, Clyde, Dunfermline and Cowdenbeath.

matty_f
16-07-2012, 06:41 PM
:faf:

On a serious note, folk should man up a bit if they're staying away because a stand-full of Yams will be taking the pish.

How about we fill our 3 stands and sing louder than the manky fuds?

HibbyAndy
16-07-2012, 06:45 PM

On a serious note, folk should man up a bit if they're staying away because a stand-full of Yams will be taking the pish.

Correct.

And i sure as hell wanna be inside Easter rd come full time if we beat them.

ny1875
16-07-2012, 08:17 PM
will there be a minutes silence on 'sell out saturday' to commemorate the death of rangers? or perhaps a minutes applause? or even a 10 minutes pi$h yerself laughin.... a few fans wouldn't want to miss that

SouthamptonHibs
16-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Im there for first two home games plus got Scotland v Oz at ER inbetween...roll on the start off the season. not looking forward to the derby as we have a team weaker than what we finished with last year.....less than three weeks until Spl starts more signings please

down-the-slope
16-07-2012, 08:48 PM

I must admit most of my friends who support Hearts have hardly mentioned that result...I think they know nothing they say could make it any worse.....

Yes it will be noisy and lots of banter...banners etc...but no ones died :rolleyes:

Lets play football and enjoy the Big SPL derby..the really Big one for the next few seasons at least :greengrin

down-the-slope
16-07-2012, 08:51 PM
will there be a minutes silence on 'sell out saturday' to commemorate the death of rangers? or perhaps a minutes applause? or even a 10 minutes pi$h yerself laughin.... a few fans wouldn't want to miss that

everyone applauding on the 12th minute for a whole minute to celebrate Club 12 being NOT them.....

brydekirk
16-07-2012, 08:56 PM
If half the guys that turned up at cup final made an appearance against Ross county, Dundee and other teams we need to beat, things would be a lot brighter !!

Onion
16-07-2012, 09:17 PM

:top marks Today is a victory for all the decent, long-suffering fans of the so called "provincial" clubs in scotland, when - against all the odds (the establishment of the media, the authorities, the politicians, even our own clubs) we took back OUR national game.

THE only constant in football IS the fans. Journalist, players, managers, chairmen, CEOs are nothing more than transients passing through. It is the fans who matter. And today is the culmination of a brilliant effort by ALL the decent SPL/SFL fans across scotland to safeguard sporting integrity in our game. We all deserve to mark the day with a special occasion against "Club 12". In fact IMHO all the home clubs should put aside their fears about "financial armagedon", recognise the role played by their fans in this battle and lay on a special occasion for this match. If nothing else, it will send a clear message to the media, politicians and authorities that there is more to scottish football than the OF.

WarringtonHibee
17-07-2012, 12:41 PM
"Looks like Aberdeen have already sold 10,000 tickets for the August 11th clash with Ross County. #selloutsaturday"

http://twitter.com/TheAwayEnd/status/224974607277506560

hibIBZ
17-07-2012, 01:00 PM
i havnt been along to ER more than a few time a season in the past few years mainly due to work and not willing to part with cash to watch pretty poor football and guys that didnt look like they were trying. but will deff be making more of an effort this season be going to the derby. this is our chance to break the dominance of the west coast football mafia

lord bunberry
17-07-2012, 01:06 PM
If we can't sell out for the derby then there's something wrong our support needs to man up and stop moaning about what's happened in the past. It's time to stand up and be counted time to show a united front that we are hibernian fc.

Just Alf
17-07-2012, 01:16 PM
If we can't sell out for the derby then there's something wrong our support needs to man up and stop moaning about what's happened in the past. It's time to stand up and be counted time to show a united front that we are hibernian fc.

Couple of guys at work seem to think that as they've (like me) only paid at the gate in recent times that they can't get a ticket for the 1st home game against the Yams as its a class A and you need to go to a class B or summat 1st....

Cannae be right?

keep the faith
17-07-2012, 01:24 PM

This :agree:

lord bunberry
17-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Couple of guys at work seem to think that as they've (like me) only paid at the gate in recent times that they can't get a ticket for the 1st home game against the Yams as its a class A and you need to go to a class B or summat 1st....

Cannae be right?

It seems most clubs have that policy these days. You would think they could make exceptions when its the first game of the season. I don't know if you went to the huddersfield game that would count

marinello59
17-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Cannae be right?

If they are regular attenders then surely they will have been to Cat A games recently meaning they are on the database? Or have bought tickets for Away matches do meaning they are on the database? Or know season ticket holders or somebody else on the database who can get tickets for them. Surely only a tiny amount of people who have followed Hibs for more than five minutes would not know about the long standing rules covering Cat A games?

DevonLoch
17-07-2012, 02:10 PM
If half the guys that turned up at cup final made an appearance against Ross county, Dundee and other teams we need to beat, things would be a lot brighter !!

A lot of the guys that turned up for the final no longer live in or around Edinburgh. I went with a group of 9 - 4 from Edinburgh. 1 from Ireland, 1 from London, I from Germany, 1 from Aberdeen and myself from Devon. Also met up with a group of 10 from Liverpool at Hampden. The airport was buzzing with fans arriving from all over on the Friday before the final - there were 4 other Hibbys on my plane from Exeter.

I'd love to be there on the 11th, but it costs me min. £250 travelling plus two nights away as Saturday flight doesn't arrive in on time and can't get flight back out til Sunday so I'm still weighing it up (negotiating with the wife!!!). Trains are as expensive/more than flight and 5 times as long. Driving up is a nightmare. Changing the day/ko time late on to suit TV also plays havoc with trying to arrange travel.

Having got all that off my chest, hope we fill our stands, drown out the yams, play them off the pitch and come away with the result - even a 1-0 win on an own goal will do!

ScottB
17-07-2012, 02:52 PM
I shall be making much more of an effort to travel back for games this season, and will be buying the new strip next time I'm in Edinburgh.

A sell out would be stunning if it can be achieved!

Just Alf
17-07-2012, 03:05 PM
If they are regular attenders then surely they will have been to Cat A games recently meaning they are on the database? Or have bought tickets for Away matches do meaning they are on the database? Or know season ticket holders or somebody else on the database who can get tickets for them. Surely only a tiny amount of people who have followed Hibs for more than five minutes would not know about the long standing rules covering Cat A games?

Actually getting a ticket isn't their problem.... as you say there are ways...... what I'm trying to raise as an issue is that if we're trying to maximise the attendance then why put anything in the way to make it harder?..... as someone mentioned earlier.... if the 1st home game is a "class A" is there not an argument to make it a "virtual" class B? ....... bottom line is we want the maximum attendance we can get?

Chuck Rhoades
17-07-2012, 03:07 PM

We haven't sold out a derby in years. Why would it change now when we a worse on the field and it is the first derby since that day in May.

I will be there, but can't see us even taking 10,000 to ER that day. Even ST will stay away as they know it's party time for the Yams.

Baba O'riley
17-07-2012, 03:14 PM
"Looks like Aberdeen have already sold 10,000 tickets for the August 11th clash with Ross County. #selloutsaturday"

http://twitter.com/TheAwayEnd/status/224974607277506560

And yet the only info on the Hibs ticket section is about the East Fife game, last weekend....:rolleyes:

Renfrew_Hibby
17-07-2012, 03:21 PM
And yet the only info on the Hibs ticket section is about the East Fife game, last weekend....:rolleyes:

I think we are waiting on Sky/ESPN and what deal we will or wont have with them. I would imagine if there is still a deal in place then Hibs v Hearts would be a probable pick for them.
I really need to know soon though if the games on the Saturday, the Sunday or even the Monday asi have to get my work rota sorted out soon.

number9dream
17-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Sounds good doesn't it!

Makes perfect sense. Oh, wait a minute, try buying a ticket for a category A match if you're not on the database...
I always like to get to a game on my travels but it's not so easy for foreign visitors to attend Easter Road.
Not having a go at the club because I'm sure it's the coppers who make up the rules.
But there should be a way to sell tickets to tourists - put 2-3,000 up for sale via fringe box office for the derby.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2012, 04:04 PM

We can't even buy a ticket yet for the Huddersfield game!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2012, 04:20 PM

I cant buy a train ticket for the hearts game yet, we dont know what day its on yet?

You certainly cant forward plan if you are a football fan these days.

Billy Whizz
17-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I cant buy a train ticket for the hearts game yet, we dont know what day its on yet?

You certainly cant forward plan if you are a football fan these days.

Hopefully we will get all the August fixture dates confirmed by the end of the week.

marinello59
17-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Actually getting a ticket isn't their problem.... as you say there are ways...... what I'm trying to raise as an issue is that if we're trying to maximise the attendance then why put anything in the way to make it harder?..... as someone mentioned earlier.... if the 1st home game is a "class A" is there not an argument to make it a "virtual" class B? ....... bottom line is we want the maximum attendance we can get?

I agree that we shouldn't make it harder to attend matches and I would love to see the Cat A restriction removed completely. That would mean having to accept that occasionally Yams and Celtc supporters will gain entry to the Home areas and some Hibs supporters will find that completely unacceptable.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I agree that we shouldn't make it harder to attend matches and I would love to see the Cat A restriction removed completely. That would mean having to accept that occasionally Yams and Celtc supporters will gain entry to the Home areas and some Hibs supporters will find that completely unacceptable.

:agree: And lets be honest, Celtic and Hearts are not exactly banging the doors down, they dont always sell out?

Just Alf
17-07-2012, 05:52 PM

Yeah, makes sense .... Just a pity we can't do something for the games during the festival....... A nightmare balancing act I guess....

lord bunberry
17-07-2012, 07:43 PM
We haven't sold out a derby in years. Why would it change now when we a worse on the field and it is the first derby since that day in May.

I will be there, but can't see us even taking 10,000 to ER that day. Even ST will stay away as they know it's party time for the Yams.

I think we have got to get away from what's happened in the past and look at where we are right now and that is in a position of uncertainty. We need the fans to back the club right now and stop thinking of excuses not to.go

Phil MaGlass
18-07-2012, 09:03 AM
**** sake Hibs, get it sorted, get the tix on sale and get the stadium full,if it means dropping the restrictions on Cat A games then do it, just get bums on seats and any tix left over do what Aberdeen have done and sorted it that families from less well off backgrounds can also get to the game, hand out free tix to schools,make part of the ground for the schools, JUST FILL THE BLOODY STADIUM.
WE NEED TO SHOW SEVCO THAT SCOTTISH CLUBS DONT NEED THEM.
Also, what would be good is to tell the clubs there will be no relegation this year as the league will be bumped up to 14/16 teams and have the teams play more attacking football.Teams will have nothing to lose and there may be more entertainment?

FifeHibernian
18-07-2012, 01:06 PM
It's imperative we get as many people to the Hearts game on the 11th as possible! Yes the Jambos will slag us mercilessly but it's not our fault the team on cup final day was such a load of rubbish. This is our chance to prove that we're willing to come back fighting and come in big numbers to support out club no matter how bad they team's been.

It's also our chance to prove how fantastic the Edinburgh derby is. Imagine if hibs is the only club on this day not to come close to selling out. Wouldn't exactly say much about a fixture that we all agree should be going most of the way to filling the void left by the Old Firm.

We wanted Rangers out and Sporting integrity and (thankfully) now we've got it. Time to fulfill our side of the bargain and prove that Hibs fans will support their team.

SouthamptonHibs
18-07-2012, 07:17 PM
So far i've put out a text to my mates that don't normally go, got 1 confirmed, 3 maybe's and 2 no's for the derby. Not to shabby if i can get 2 off the maybe's to say yes thats 3 extra Hibs fans in the ground Hail Hail

Hibeesforever
18-07-2012, 10:32 PM

My thoughts as well, it suits the Daily Rag that fans only turn out for one game. Make it the whole season and the team formerly known as Rangers find it much harder to come back and are not missed.

KWJ
18-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll definitely be there with some other hibees but want the day and time sorted asap for work.

Gillyboy
23-07-2012, 08:27 PM
What's the chances of us selling out - they will come and fill every seat ...our best response to that game in May must be to sell out our own stadium - thoughts!

Barney McGrew
23-07-2012, 08:31 PM
What's the chances of us selling out - they will come and fill every seat ...our best response to that game in May must be to sell out our own stadium - thoughts!

:lolyam:

erin go bragh
23-07-2012, 08:32 PM
:cb :kbacker:

ggtth

SMAXXA
23-07-2012, 08:33 PM

No

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2012, 08:48 PM

No tickets, PATG East & West stands open only.

JohnStephens91
24-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Got a friend who is a neutral coming to the derby and also to the Huddersfield game, that's an extra £22 or so, not much but it will make a difference when tallied up along with every other person doing the same.

Phil MaGlass
24-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Any Hibs supporter who is not going to the hertz game because of a slagging they will get over the cup final, NEED THEIR HEIDS SEEN TAE, take yir medicine, get over it and get on with supporting the club, a full ER for this game will almost wipe out the losses from the HUN. If a good enough atmosphere is generated and we dont let them own us at ER, theres a good chance fans will come back.
Its the same for all clubs, its about getting behind yir team and an ailing scottish Fitba, I would have loved to have come back for the game, but since I dont know what bloody day it´s on I cant make it back.
If we are negotiating a new deal, we better make sure the game is given back to the fans, 3pm KO, werent we one of the clubs who actually made part of a loss due to KO times and live fitba?

Frazerbob
24-07-2012, 04:18 PM
I am finding it increasingly dificult to get to the Derby due to the date/time STILL not being confirmed. I need to get my rotas done, my wife needs to her rotas done and we might need to arrange a baby sitter. The game is only a couple of weeks away FFS. Not everyone works Monday to Friday!

Is there a chance it will actually be Saturday at 3pm?

Mikey
24-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I am finding it increasingly dificult to get to the Derby due to the date/time STILL not being confirmed. I need to get my rotas done, my wife needs to her rotas done and we might need to arrange a baby sitter. The game is only a couple of weeks away FFS. Not everyone works Monday to Friday!

Is there a chance it will actually be Saturday at 3pm?

Doubtful. Sky has an SPL game scheduled for 12:30 on the Saturday and ours is the most likely to fill that slot. It's not definite though!

HibbyAndy
24-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Doubtful. Sky has an SPL game scheduled for 12:30 on the Saturday and ours is the most likely to fill that slot. It's not definite though!

Not the best but still beats any Sunday KO.

hibeedonald
24-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Depends on what their squad looks like next season

Renfrew_Hibby
25-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Could we possible find out sometime soon (today please) what day and what time the bloomin derby is kicking off at? This is a bloody joke!

Judas Iscariot
25-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Not the best but still beats any Sunday KO.

Not if you work till 1 some Saturdays :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
25-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Not anymore. No mention of Scottish football on their fixtures

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Frazerbob
25-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Could we possible find out sometime soon (today please) what day and what time the bloomin derby is kicking off at? This is a bloody joke!

Complete farce. They're not leaving very long to sell tickets at all, especially when we will no doubt be managing the ****bos ticket sales as well. Up here the Aberdeen fans are up in arms because they don't know when their opening game against Celtc is getting played. It's a total joke!

marinello59
25-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Complete farce. They're not leaving very long to sell tickets at all, especially when we will no doubt be managing the ****bos ticket sales as well. Up here the Aberdeen fans are up in arms because they don't know when their opening game against Celtc is getting played. It's a total joke!

Ridiculous isn't it? Hopefully Doncaster and a few others will pay the price for the shambles of the past few months, and soon. We have other things we wanted to do that weekend which we can't make a decision on until we know what day or time the match will be played. Any more of a delay then we'll just be going with the alternatives.

Joe Baker II
25-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Makes perfect sense. Oh, wait a minute, try buying a ticket for a category A match if you're not on the database...

Not having a go at the club because I'm sure it's the coppers who make up the rules.

Are you serious in not blaming the club, virtually no other club has the same ridiculous restrictions that Hibs have, it is almost ENTIRELY fault of Hibs Board that these arrnagements exist, only defence is that they have to respond to complaints from some paranoid fans who cannot handle concept of having supporters of different teams in same area of stadium.

But no excuse for Hibs having different arrangements to other clubs, and absurdity is borne out by fact there often end up being pay gates/ticket office open on day at games in question.

Frazerbob
25-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Are you serious in not blaming the club, virtually no other club has the same ridiculous restrictions that Hibs have, it is almost ENTIRELY fault of Hibs Board that these arrnagements exist, only defence is that they have to respond to complaints from some paranoid fans who cannot handle concept of having supporters of different teams in same area of stadium.

But no excuse for Hibs having different arrangements to other clubs, and absurdity is borne out by fact there often end up being pay gates/ticket office open on day at games in question.

I'm pretty sure most SPL clubs use the same (or similar) system. I know Aberdeen's is exactly the same as us but with the added barrier of no sales on match day when they play the Infirm. I've tried to buy tickets for Sheep v Huns at Todders when I fancied taking in a game but wqas refused.

People wonder why Scottish football is Donald Ducked!

Sprouleflyer
25-07-2012, 12:01 PM
A Saturday 3pm kick off will go along way to help this game get a sizeable Hibs support.

This has now been confiirmed on the official Hibs site (they better not change it!!).

Get a ticket and back the team!!!

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

StevesFamau5
25-07-2012, 12:11 PM
A Saturday 3pm kick off will go along way to help this game get a sizeable Hibs support.

This has now been confiirmed on the official Hibs site (they better not change it!!).

Yes sir! Im buying two now. :D

If im being honest i dont care how much the gloat celebrate etc. They are still one mistake from implosion. When big bad vlad has had enough.. They will be newco part 2.. :D

GGTTH. that is all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Golden Bear
25-07-2012, 01:03 PM

:agree:

Ticket duly purchased.

'Mon the 3pm kick offs!

Keith_M
25-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm still not convinced the derby is the best day to do this.

A) We don't even know what day it is for definite

B) Like it or not, a lot of Hibs fans WILL avoid going to this game after the humiliation in May.

I'd much prefer another date was chosen, maybe the next home game that's definitely on a Saturday at 3 (St Johnstone, 25th Aug)

Frazerbob
25-07-2012, 03:17 PM

B) Like it or not, a lot of Hibs fans WILL avoid going to this game after the humiliation in May.

I'd much prefer another date was chosen, maybe the next home game that's definitely on a Saturday at 3 (St Johnstone, 25th Aug)

It's a league wide initiative though. I'd imagine most weeks there will be a game moved for TV etc. I would hope they'll do it again so that the away teams get a chance of a bigger than usual crowd.

25-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Any hibs fans hiding away from the derby because they are too scared of what hearts will sing to us or what flags/banners etc they will bring regarding the cup final/1902/big cup etc etc needs to get a grip. Yes it wont be very pleasant, watching that horrible mob rub it in our faces and rub salt in the wound but thats just what football is all about, winding up rival fans, so if you cant handle it then go and support another sport. We need a very loud hibs support at the derby to drown out the nonsence they sing and give them it back.

:pfgwa

Phil MaGlass
26-07-2012, 09:22 AM
The game should be a sellout, were now the biggest derby in Scotland, there is no Old Firm.

Frazerbob
26-07-2012, 10:45 AM
The game should be a sellout, were now the biggest derby in Scotland, there is no Old Firm.

True but that doesn't mean suddenly have more fans. We should always sell out the Derby anyway IMO but not sure I get your point.

TrinityHibs
26-07-2012, 11:02 AM

I disagree. I cannot think of a better way to rectify the May capitulation than beating Hertz in front of a full house. I have a S/T but would be happy if the prices were dropped to £15 for adults and a tenner for kids to increase the crowd. If I ever concerned myself about what that lot say I would never go to a derby. I know its madness but I go to every derby match thinking we will win. No difference this time. All I ask is the guys on the pitch give 100%

Chuck Rhoades
26-07-2012, 11:44 AM
We should aim to sell out the Dundee game at home, that would have been Rangers. The Derby always brings a higher attendance. Dundee game will be abount 8,000 max - the club wuold benefit more from a 'Sell Out Saturday' against Dundee.

StevieC
26-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I disagree. I cannot think of a better way to rectify the May capitulation than beating Hertz in front of a full house.

I don't disagree with a full house for the derby game .. but I'm with keekaboo and BouncerRoss that the Dundee game is the one we should be trying to sell-out.

3pm
26-07-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't disagree with a full house for the derby game .. but I'm with keekaboo and BouncerRoss that the Dundee game is the one we should be trying to sell-out.

We could go mental and try to sell out both games?!

down-the-slope
26-07-2012, 06:06 PM
We could go mental and try to sell out both games?!

:greengrin - Im liking the optimism

VickMackie
26-07-2012, 08:17 PM
I'll be there. Famous five.

Don't have a season ticket but will be at more games this season than usual.

Kyle A
26-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Not getting a season ticket but will be there for the derby.

Going to go to every game I can, Depending on work. Deffo making more of an effort this year.

ackeygraham
26-07-2012, 09:38 PM
already for my ST for this season but my auld man and gf will be getting tickets....GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2012, 09:56 PM
paul lambert is the new hertz manager according to the 'sun'

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4454124/Hearts-boss-Paul-Lamberts-Hanks-shake.html

Hearts boss Paul Lambert’s Hanks-shake
no wonder romanov called journalists monkeys

dearie me

:rolleyes:

Fantic
26-07-2012, 10:07 PM
I doubt very much I'll go. Not missed a derby in years but I've had enough.

Hopefully we'll win and I'll be spewing..

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I doubt very much I'll go. Not missed a derby in years but I've had enough.

Hopefully we'll win and I'll be spewing..

Quite right mate ,,,, hey thats an idea. If we all give up and dont go maybe the nasty hearts fans will think the games been cancelled and go home.

Fantic
27-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Quite right mate ,,,, hey thats an idea. If we all give up and dont go maybe the nasty hearts fans will think the games been cancelled and go home.

Don't care about the Hearts fans mate. Just getting tired of flogging a dead horse.

Gatecrasher
27-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Don't care about the Hearts fans mate. Just getting tired of flogging a dead horse.

So Hibs are a dead horse aye? :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
27-07-2012, 10:03 PM

Agreed. If only because we shouldn't have to try to sell out a derby. Time us Hibbies collectively grew a pair.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Sell out Saturday needs to be a sell out Sunday now. Let's do it. No moaning about time or day or tv companies let's prove to the Sevco hordes that we don't need them.:flag:

R'Albin
01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
There's no chance we're going to sell out with such short notice, disgraceful.

Chuck Rhoades
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
We missed a golden opportunity to shift tickets for the Derby when making the ST telephone calls. People cannot afford or do not want a ST; however they may have been interested in being part of this 'Sell Out' campaign.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
We missed a golden opportunity to shift tickets for the Derby when making the ST telephone calls. People cannot afford or do not want a ST; however they may have been interested in being part of this 'Sell Out' campaign.

We never missed it, the game got changed. Not our fault. Sunday is a good day as I think more people can make a Sunday but will choose not to as its now on tv.

johnrebus
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Does anyone seriously think there will be any more than 10,000 Hibs fans at this derby?

£28 for a 12.30pm Sunday kick off, less than three months after the worst result in our history?

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Does anyone seriously think there will be any more than 10,000 Hibs fans at this derby?

£28 for a 12.30pm Sunday kick off, less than three months after the worst result in our history?

That's the spirit:aok:

The huns deserve to laugh at us.

Hermit Crab

No danger mate, the usual 7000 st holders plus maybe a few thousand walk ups 14,500 max inc the now sold out hearts end.

Hermit Crab
That's the spirit:aok:

The huns deserve to laugh at us.

What's wrong with being realistic?

Judas Iscariot
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
There's no chance we're going to sell out with such short notice, disgraceful.

We wouldnt have sold out anyway even if the game was on the Saturday :rolleyes:

Have a look through this post and others at the attitude and mindset of a fair chunk of "Hibbies"...

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
What's wrong with being realistic?

Nothing but we've got the whole season for that.

This is a supporter led initiative by the clubs to prove a point to Sevco and the Rangers doomsayers that we supportes of smaller clubs are the lifeblood of the game.

There is a thread, the longest in .net history suggesting there is enough passion over this issue within the Hibs ranks to swell our ranks for our biggest game of the season but oh know, the game is too early, or it's on tv or it' on a Sunday or the moon is in Uranus, excuse after excuse.

Sevco will sell out Ibrox for their first few games to prove a point and they are in Div 3 but then again perhaps they care about their club more than us.

marinello59
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM

This is a supporter led initiative by the clubs to prove a point to Sevco and the Rangers doomsayers that we supportes of smaller clubs are the lifeblood of the game.

There is a thread, the longest in .net history suggesting there is enough passion over this issue within the Hibs ranks to swell our ranks for our biggest game of the season but oh know, the game is too early, or it's on tv or it' on a Sunday or the moon is in Uranus, excuse after excuse.

Sevco will sell out Ibrox for their first few games to prove a point and they are in Div 3 but then again perhaps they care about their club more than us.

:top marks

R'Albin
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
We wouldnt have sold out anyway even if the game was on the Saturday :rolleyes:

Have a look through this post and others at the attitude and mindset of a fair chunk of "Hibbies"...

Can I not post anything anymore without it being described as "attention seeking" or being called a Jambo? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sell out Saturday needs to be a sell out Sunday now. Let's do it. No moaning about time or day or tv companies let's prove to the Sevco hordes that we don't need them.:flag:

Can you see if you can get the trains to run a train that will get into waverley before 12.39 on the sunday for me please, if not then there's 2 seats you can knock off sell out sunday? :boo hoo:

Spike Mandela
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Can you see if you can get the trains to run a train that will get into waverley before 12.39 on the sunday for me please, if not then there's 2 seats you can knock off sell out sunday? :boo hoo:

If you can't physically make it then you can't make it fair enough.

It is those who can make it but can't be bothered I am appealing to, it is our first home game of the season. It would send a message out to Sevco and that we finance our club, not them and it would send a message to the Hearts fans that they may have gubbed us in the final but they haven't bloody killed us.

johnrebus
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM

I admire your attempt to put a positive spin on things, but football fans - whether you like it or not - are fickle, and Hibs fans in particular have been ****ed about from pillar to post in the last couple of years, almost beyond belief.

Personally, I will not set foot in Easter Road again until Petrie has gone, and thats not something I thought I would ever say. Everyone who knows me says that I bleed Hibernian - but after forty five years of being taken for granted, I will not be taken for a mug anymore.

What Sevco do is really irrelevant to every other club in Scotland - apart from Celtic. They are a cancer at the heart of Scottish society and much more than just a football club. With a mixture of glory seekers and religious bigots there fans total more than the rest of Scottish football put together (apart from Celtic obviously) and that is not likely to change.

Their, 'caring' for their club goes way beyond mere footballing reasons and is seated in pure hatred for another group in Scottish society.

PS

I think the moon is in Uranus.

:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
The only way this game would have sold out would have been if we won the SCF.

bruno
01-08-2012, 02:15 PM
If you can't physically make it then you can't make it fair enough.

It is those who can make it but can't be bothered I am appealing to, it is our first home game of the season. It would send a message out to Sevco and that we finance our club, not them and it would send a message to the Hearts fans that they may have gubbed us in the final but they haven't bloody killed us.

Can't believe it. Just been to tynie and tickets sold out. Hearts messed up big style with loyalty points. Me and son will miss first game for years and years. We never miss easter road ever. Now got choice sitting quietly serenely in hibs end or turn up at ground hoping to get ticket

marinello59
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM

You could always do what I will probably do, book a Hotel room for the Saturday night. Not the same one that you used for the Final though. :greengrin

CraigHibee
01-08-2012, 02:23 PM
got my ticket :greengrin

was up at the shop during my lunch break buying my season ticket :greengrin

Keith_M
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Can't believe it. Just been to tynie and tickets sold out. Hearts messed up big style with loyalty points. Me and son will miss first game for years and years. We never miss easter road ever. Now got choice sitting quietly serenely in hibs end or turn up at ground hoping to get ticket

Plenty Hibs end tickets, Bruno.

Just make sure you look like one of us and come dressed as a seat :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Can I not post anything anymore without it being described as "attention seeking" or being called a Jambo? :rolleyes:

Where in my post did I make out or hint to either of those things?

Get a grip son

blackpoolhibs
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
You could always do what I will probably do, book a Hotel room for the Saturday night. Not the same one that you used for the Final though. :greengrin

Thats the thinking at the moment, and no it wont be the same dump as the final weekend. :greengrin

StevieC
01-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Sell out Saturday needs to be a sell out Sunday now. Let's do it.

As I've mentioned already on this thread .. forget about the derby game for your "sell-out" fixture, sadly it's just not going to happen.

But .. with a bit of effort from the various Hibs groups, and a little bit of local coverage, there is every chance that you might get a few thousand extra through the gates for the game against Club 12.

yeezus.
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Turns out they are sending student tickets out.. I'll be demanding the Sunday off, just a bit concerned about transport from Stranraer that morning...

PatHead
01-08-2012, 04:04 PM

They are glory hunting fatherless children. The Old Rangers only managed to sell out one game when they went into trouble. Just before the crash their crowd in the Scottish Cup game Vs Dundee Utd was pathetic. Don't let urban myths or the Scottish media blind you into thinking otherwise. Proportionately I doubt they are as loyal as us.

R'Albin
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Where in my post did I make out or hint to either of those things?

Get a grip son

'Have a look through this post and others at the attitude and mindset of a fair chunk of "Hibbies" '

Surely that's what you're implying ? :confused:

bubblesmorrison
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
If there was ever a time or a place to show what kind of club we are its auguest 12th at Easter raod. So take every excuse you have and put it to the back of your head. I can say I suffered more that most people traveling from new York for the cup final and by chance am back in Edinburgh for this one and damb right I will be there with hope and believe that a win will ease a tiny little part of my pain. So get down first home game new season and get yourself right behind the boys in green some listened to the fans to get rid of rangers so lets show them they made the right choice. GGTTH!!!!!!

3pm
01-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Stay in the toon on Saturday night.

bighairyfaeleith
01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
doubt I will be able to make a sunday 12:30 kick off, annoying as a 3pm saturday game would have been a great atmosphere.

Might still buy my ticket but

cocopops1875
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM
From Sell Out Saturday to Football's Sold Out Sunday:agree:

Pete
01-08-2012, 10:31 PM
I was all ready to buy a ticket for the match then I just found out it had been switched to the Sunday. Saturday would have been fine but it's my daughters first birthday so there's no way out. Pretty gutted as I've been looking forward to getting revenge since the final.

Even if I didn't have anything on it would be a struggle as I work Saturday nights. Saturday at three would be great for people like me with families who work shifts but Sunday lunchtime is just rubbish. I resolved to go to as many games as I could this season but it's quite depressing that obstacles have been put in the way already.
Next season was a definite Dad and lad pair of season tickets but how many of these games will there be which I will really struggle to attend? I'll have to sit down with a calculator and work out the probability of our game being on at this time and if the amount of unattendable games means it's worth it. Even without looking I can guess it probably isn't.

I was hoping Sevco being away would mean less of this shoehorning to suit sky but it looks like it might go the other way. Football clubs in general can't have it both ways. They market themselves as "family clubs" yet some kick off times certainly aren't "family friendly" and a long term commitment means a family would be worse off or maybe only slightly better off than if you all walked up. It's a shame as going to Hibs matches in the same seats would have been "our thing" but I don't have money to throw down the drain.

madabouthibs
01-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh well, suppose I'll have to go now. :rolleyes:
Saturday @ 3 was no good to me as I do something else at that time.
Bummer. :wink:

Gatecrasher
02-08-2012, 05:45 AM
We were never likely to sell out next Saturday with the way things are at the moment however it was a good opportunity to get a good crowd in. That's very unlikely to happen now.

Lee
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
+3 from me - bought my boys a season ticket each as well as my own today. Appreciate that we've not had an influx of marquee signings so far, but the club needs us more than ever this season! :pfgwa

Lee
02-08-2012, 05:36 PM
got my ticket :greengrin

was up at the shop during my lunch break buying my season ticket :greengrin

Geez a shout if you're up for a cheeky pint behind the goals before the game my man:greengrin

hibs supporter
02-08-2012, 06:05 PM
hibs shouldn't be charging £28 if they want it to sell out i have a season ticket but have got friends who wouldn't pay that would rather watch it on tv down england it is the same price for every game

Macaroon
02-08-2012, 06:19 PM
We will not sell out.

marinello59
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
hibs shouldn't be charging £28 if they want it to sell out i have a season ticket but have got friends who wouldn't pay that would rather watch it on tv down england it is the same price for every game
Sell out Saturday is a fans initiative. Yes it is expensive but sending out a message to the powers that be that we don't need Rangers was something many said they were willing to pay.

We will not sell out.

That's more than likely but fingers crossed we do get a big turnout of Hibs supporters. That is what we all want isn't it?

3pm
02-08-2012, 06:39 PM
This will be interesting.