PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanlon and Galbraith

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Noticed that neither were on the squad yesterday. Injured or surplus to requirements?

mcvie7
15-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Noticed that neither were on the squad yesterday. Injured or surplus to requirements?

Get rid soon as , free up 2 wages. Maybury and shiels would be a decent swap.

IWasThere2016
15-07-2012, 06:57 PM

There was (I heard) interest in O'Hanlon from dann saff .. That was a while ago. I doubt we'd stop Galbraith seeking employment elsewhere either.

Pretty Boy
15-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Get rid and use the wages to bring in fresh faces.

McPake, Hanlon, Clancy and Stephens can all play centre back.

Cairney, Sproule, Kujabi and Booth can all cover wide left.

We're going to have to accept a reduced squad with a greater reliance on youth but there's no point having 2 players who offer so little collecting a wage that could be better spent elsewhere every week.

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Spoke about O'Hanlon yesterday at Bayview, as remember seeing him being exposed for pace at same ground last Season.....Was never a fan of his, however he had a cracking game at Aberdeen in May midweek, when he even scored.....(I was bemoaning the fact he was in team, and he made me eat my words).

Not sure if I would keep him as cover though, as not entirely sure about Stephens either.....

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Spoke about O'Hanlon yesterday at Bayview, as remember seeing him being exposed for pace at same ground last Season.....Was never a fan of his, however he had a cracking game at Aberdeen in May midweek, when he even scored.....(I was bemoaning the fact he was in team, and he made me eat my words).

Not sure if I would keep him as cover though, as not entirely sure about Stephens either.....

Agree with you on Stephens, don't think he's going to make it, but would love to be proved wrong. His positional play is poor for someone who's been a professional for 4 years or so. When I saw him up close yesterday, he's a giant of a man, shame as he could be the answers to all our needs at centre back

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Agree with you on Stephens, don't think he's going to make it, but would love to be proved wrong. His positional play is poor for someone who's been a professional for 4 years or so. When I saw him up close yesterday, he's a giant of a man, shame as he could be the answers to all our needs at centre back

He is big and raw, but prone to lapses in concentration.....Think if he was going to cut it, he would have made his mark by now......

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 07:44 PM
He is big and raw, but prone to lapses in concentration.....Think if he was going to cut it, he would have made his mark by now......

This will be his 3rd season at Hibs, well past the "raw" stage now

Baldy Foghorn
15-07-2012, 07:50 PM
This will be his 3rd season at Hibs, well past the "raw" stage now

True Billy......

JIm
15-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Danny G has been told he is free to leave (or so ive been told)

Twiglet
15-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Was hoping he would do well yesterday, but he did have a couple of lapses which make me unsure of him. At one point Williams was shouting that there was someone at his right shoulder, he then moved to his left and the player was able to get the ball. It was frustrating as he was getting great help from his keeper, but chose to go the opposite way.

Eyrie
15-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Not quite ready to write Stephens off yet, but I'd like to see him sent out on loan this year to get him regular first team football. We can make a decision based on his progress elsewhere.

derekHFC
15-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Also injured ATM i think,

muirhousehibby
15-07-2012, 10:27 PM

This is untrue he's injured at the moment but could end up going out on loan to prove his fitness for a new contract which would look unlikely at the moment.

O'hanlon has already been told he is not in PF plans, currently out with a dodgey toe.....:agree:

Golden Bear
16-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Also injured ATM i think,

That laddie is forever injured and I doubt if the situation will ever change.

theonlywayisup
16-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Re Galbraith - I do think he is the best crosser of a ball we have at Easter Road, which I know is not saying much at the moment. Unfortunately, he rarely plays wide left and rarely has a big centre forward to aim at when he does. He also has a O'Brien like fight in him!

I would not lose any sleep if he was told to leave.

Holmesdale Hibs
16-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Get rid and use the wages to bring in fresh faces.

McPake, Hanlon, Clancy and Stephens can all play centre back.

Cairney, Sproule, Kujabi and Booth can all cover wide left.

We're going to have to accept a reduced squad with a greater reliance on youth but there's no point having 2 players who offer so little collecting a wage that could be better spent elsewhere every week.

Agree with this but I'd say Stephens and O'Hanlon's names are interchangeable. Neither is at the level we should be aiming for although I'd personally say O'Hanlon is marginally better.

Stevie Reid
16-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Ideally would like to see the back of both but even despite some horror showings, O'Hanlon would be more useful to have around if we could only negotiate the release of one.

Calderwood giving Galbraith a 3 year contract is yet another sign of how horrific that idiot was for us.

Speedway
16-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Ideally would like to see the back of both but even despite some horror showings, O'Hanlon would be more useful to have around if we could only negotiate the release of one.

Calderwood giving Galbraith a 3 year contract is yet another sign of how horrific that idiot was for us.

What??

I thought he got a one year extension last summer?

Stevie Reid
16-07-2012, 09:25 AM
What??

I thought he got a one year extension last summer?

Apologies, it was a 2 year: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9400983.stm

Wheat Hound
16-07-2012, 09:25 AM
No, he got a two year deal last summer so has this season left. Not seen enough from DG to suggest he might come good. He will be away if a settlement can be agreed.

easty
16-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Agree with this but I'd say Stephens and O'Hanlon's names are interchangeable. Neither is at the level we should be aiming for although I'd personally say O'Hanlon is marginally better.

O'Hanlon is much better than Stephens. O'Hanlon, when he leaves Hibs, will go down to play in League 2 (possibly League 1 if he's lucky). Stephens will never play in the football league in England, he's just terrible.

Stevie Reid
16-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Apologies, it was a 2 year: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9400983.stm

Calderwood's words of wisdom: -

"Danny has impressed me with both his ability and his work ethic," said the manager. "He is determined to improve.
"That desire to learn and to develop certainly bodes well for his future and also for Hibernian.
"He is a valued member of the squad and has already shown he is a match-winner."

PeterboroHibee
16-07-2012, 10:03 AM
O'Hanlon is much better than Stephenson. O'Hanlon, when he leaves Hibs, will go down to play in League 2 (possibly League 1 if he's lucky). Stephenson will never play in the football league in England, he's just terrible.

Is Stephenson the lovechild of Lewis and Stephens?

I honestly dont rate O'Hanlon, never seen a so called experienced CB looked so nervous every time the ball comes near him. He also causes chaos in the defence, which isnt good when there is also a lot of youngsters in there. Hes also a reasonable height and build, yet gets beaten in the air so easily. Dont know what people see in him, Ive seen Stephens put in alot better performances and he has the excuse of being young when he makes msitakes (although he does look very suspect any time he has the ball at his feet).

ivan03
16-07-2012, 10:54 AM
This is untrue he's injured at the moment but could end up going out on loan to prove his fitness for a new contract which would look unlikely at the moment.

O'hanlon has already been told he is not in PF plans, currently out with a dodgey toe.....:agree:

i wonder where people get their info from sometimes like.. danny isnt injured as hes been training all summer and has been back in full training with the rest of the squad.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 11:00 AM
i wonder where people get their info from sometimes like.. danny isnt injured as hes been training all summer and has been back in full training with the rest of the squad.

I have no idea if he's injured or fit, but he's contributed next to nothing since arriving at the club.

1 winning goal at parkhead is no reward for the time, effort and wages this club has invested in him.

easty
16-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Is Stephenson the lovechild of Lewis and Stephens?

I honestly dont rate O'Hanlon, never seen a so called experienced CB looked so nervous every time the ball comes near him. He also causes chaos in the defence, which isnt good when there is also a lot of youngsters in there. Hes also a reasonable height and build, yet gets beaten in the air so easily. Dont know what people see in him, Ive seen Stephens put in alot better performances and he has the excuse of being young when he makes msitakes (although he does look very suspect any time he has the ball at his feet).

A player who is the lovechild of Lewis and Stephens would be scarily bad!

Stephens is so bad it's almost funny. It can almost look like he's doing not too bad, but only when he throws that huge body into a tackle and actually gets a bit of the ball instead of just the man, or nothing at all. More often than not he tackles about as well as Boris Johnson.

Andy74
16-07-2012, 11:18 AM
A player who is the lovechild of Lewis and Stephens would be scarily bad!

Stephens is so bad it's almost funny. It can almost look like he's doing not too bad, but only when he throws that huge body into a tackle and actually gets a bit of the ball instead of just the man, or nothing at all. More often than not he tackles about as well as Boris Johnson.

Stephens has all the attributes but yet another in a long list of Hibs players that don't use what they've been given or waste it by having little or no concentration.

There was some good analysis done in one of the Sunday papers of what Hibs will lose from the hun going belly up - it seemed to amount to only about £250 k per year.

I'd happily lose O'Hanlon, Stephens and Galbraith without replacing them. Who'd notice?Bearing in mind how many we have lost already should still at conservative spending levels allow us to bring in another 2 or 3 players.

silverhibee
16-07-2012, 11:22 AM
That laddie is forever injured and I doubt if the situation will ever change.

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I have no idea if he's injured or fit, but he's contributed next to nothing since arriving at the club.

1 winning goal at parkhead is no reward for the time, effort and wages this club has invested in him.

Agreed, thought after his winner at Celtic, DG would have kicked on, however, he has done absolutely nothing since, whether injury has hampered him, I don't know, but I have always thought he was woeful, another "winger" who has pace to burn, but does not want the ball, can't beat defenders, and has a poor final ball.....Not good enough.

ivan03
16-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Danny clearly has ability but hasnt ever had a decent run in the team due to injuries/team selection. You can see when he has played, he is a tidy player, doesnt lose the ball often, and is a good crosser! I think he could possibly do a job in the centre of the park, as he is a good passer of the ball, and is a worker! The boy hasnt had a drink in his life, hes an athlete and deserves to do well, fingers crossed it works out for him either at Hibs, or elsewhere!

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Danny clearly has ability but hasnt ever had a decent run in the team due to injuries/team selection. You can see when he has played, he is a tidy player, doesnt lose the ball often, and is a good crosser! I think he could possibly do a job in the centre of the park, as he is a good passer of the ball, and is a worker! The boy hasnt had a drink in his life, hes an athlete and deserves to do well, fingers crossed it works out for him either at Hibs, or elsewhere!

I obviously watch a completely different player and game to you?

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Great that he is teetotal and an athlete, but he is still mince......You want him in the centre of the park?? Has he ever made a challenge??

I'm confused by your comments, have you seen him play in the flesh, or are you referring to him on a computer game?:confused:

IWasThere2016
16-07-2012, 11:46 AM

Agreed, thought after his winner at Celtic, DG would have kicked on, however, he has done absolutely nothing since, whether injury has hampered him, I don't know, but I have always thought he was woeful, another "winger" who has pace to burn, but does not want the ball, can't beat defenders, and has a poor final ball.....Not good enough.

This x 2.

LancashireHibby
16-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Galbraith is one of those players who you always expect to have a big year with each pre-season. He's had plenty of them now and not really progressed so I think it's time to decide he's never going to be good enough and allow him to move elsewhere with our best wishes.

silverhibee
16-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Because he hasn't had a drink in his life he deserves to do well, :confused: at that.

Really have you been watching Hibs over the last couple of seasons when Danny has been playing, he has been poor.

silverhibee
16-07-2012, 12:30 PM

You obviously no nothing about DG and football then, the lad has been a stand out each time he has played for the Hibs. :wink: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Because he hasn't had a drink in his life he deserves to do well, :confused: at that.

Really have you been watching Hibs over the last couple of seasons when Danny has been playing, he has been poor.

:agree:

He's one of the reasons i have took to the drink more than i should have.

silverhibee
16-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Great that he is teetotal and an athlete, but he is still mince......You want him in the centre of the park?? Has he ever made a challenge??

I'm confused by your comments, have you seen him play in the flesh, or are you referring to him on a computer game?:confused:

The Chief has spoken. End Off. :redindian: :greengrin

jacomo
16-07-2012, 03:22 PM

I don't know what is wrong at Hibs but it really looks like we need to go back to basics.

Easter Road is hardly the most sympathetic crowd and sometimes the booing of individual players does us no favours at all. But the mindset of these players often seems all wrong - they should come onto the turf wanting to prove themselves, wanting to show what they can do, always making themselves available. Instead you see no movement and people either hiding or just not bothering.

Why can't we find and develop footballers who want the ball?

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 04:47 PM
The Chief has spoken. End Off. :redindian: :greengrin

:greengrin

Silver wins the prize for being the first poster to make the Chief smile this year......

Brooster
16-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Both have been told to find a new club.

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't know what is wrong at Hibs but it really looks like we need to go back to basics.

Easter Road is hardly the most sympathetic crowd and sometimes the booing of individual players does us no favours at all. But the mindset of these players often seems all wrong - they should come onto the turf wanting to prove themselves, wanting to show what they can do, always making themselves available. Instead you see no movement and people either hiding or just not bothering.

Why can't we find and develop footballers who want the ball?

Agree, AOB used to frustate the hell out of me, when he was in acres of space, but never shouted on the ball....DG is similar in that respect....When in plenty of space, you think they would be screaming on the ball, wanting to utilise their pace, and do some damage to the opposing defences.....

SteveHFC
16-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Good :aok:

But thanks to Galbraith for scoring the last minute winner against Celtic :not worth

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 04:50 PM

This heartens me Brooster....

Jonnyboy
16-07-2012, 08:24 PM
My tuppence worth ............

O'Hanlon is a bomb scare. Commits the cardinal sin of letting the ball bounce rather than attacking it with a clearing header. Letting the ball bounce hands the advantage to an opponent and he does it alarmingly often. Poor in the air, positional sense suspect. Not a lot left to admire really.

Galbraith. I remember the first time I saw him in a pre season friendly in the Borders. He came on as a sub with the firm instruction to play left midfield. He followed those instructions to the letter for about eight seconds, after which he wandered all over the place, following the ball like a primary school kid. Any time I've watched him since he's been prone to doing the same thing

I think Hibs can do better than both and it wouldn't bother me if they moved on

Jonnyboy
16-07-2012, 08:28 PM

I may be wrong but the tone and content of Ivan03's post suggest he knows DG personally. If I'm right, I'm guessing he's just speaking up for his mate

Baldy Foghorn
16-07-2012, 08:43 PM
I may be wrong but the tone and content of Ivan03's post suggest he knows DG personally. If I'm right, I'm guessing he's just speaking up for his mate

You could be right, but ivan03 is making DG out to be a player with various attributes, when its pretty evident DG has offered very little to us in his time here...

Hibeescott
16-07-2012, 09:02 PM
O'Hanlon I dont think has lived up to expectations. He came in with good reviews and I certainly hoped that he would be the answer to our defensive problems, to the extent that Mcpake has. I agree with those who say we have enough cover in that position that he is expendable, I also think Jordan Forster from last years u19s is a good prospect.

Galbraith I would like to see given a decent run in the team, but I am in two minds. He had a run of games off the bench around the time he scored the winner at celtic park (one of my favourite nights as a hibee) where he was fantastic IMO and changed the game when he came on. I and many others were calling on him to get a few starts. Unfortunately when he has played from the start I dont think he has made the same impact. IMO he is a better footballer than Sproule, but he needs games.

WindyMiller
16-07-2012, 09:14 PM
My tuppence worth ............

O'Hanlon is a bomb scare. Commits the cardinal sin of letting the ball bounce rather than attacking it with a clearing header. Letting the ball bounce hands the advantage to an opponent and he does it alarmingly often. Poor in the air, positional sense suspect. Not a lot left to admire really.

Galbraith. I remember the first time I saw him in a pre season friendly in the Borders. He came on as a sub with the firm instruction to play left midfield. He followed those instructions to the letter for about eight seconds, after which he wandered all over the place, following the ball like a primary school kid. Any time I've watched him since he's been prone to doing the same thing

I think Hibs can do better than both and it wouldn't bother me if they moved on

Though he did score a cracking free-kick IIRC.

:cb

Jonnyboy
16-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Though he did score a cracking free-kick IIRC.

:cb

Indeed he did :agree:

silverhibee
16-07-2012, 09:42 PM
:greengrin

Silver wins the prize for being the first poster to make the Chief smile this year......

:not worth

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 09:47 PM

You might be right John, but to be fair, i know you, and with the best will in the world, i'd never say you were good enough to play for Hibs these days. :wink:

In my opinion Galbraith has been a complete waste of time, he might not drink alcohol, and may be the model professional, but he's not contributing anything?

Alan O'Brien but slower. :boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
16-07-2012, 09:51 PM
You might be right John, but to be fair, i know you, and with the best will in the world, i'd never say you were good enough to play for Hibs these days. :wink:

In my opinion Galbraith has been a complete waste of time, he might not drink alcohol, and may be the model professional, but he's not contributing anything?

Alan O'Brien but slower. :boo hoo:

Or any days if truth be told G :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Or any days if truth be told G :greengrin

Oh i dont know John, its not been too hard to imagine slotting in somewhere recently, and not looking out of place. :boo hoo:

Mark79
17-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I think I can see o'hanlon in this pic from the hibs twitter feed :-(

http://t.co/NZLTXS8M