PDA

View Full Version : Scott Smith

Cocaine&Caviar
15-07-2012, 04:14 PM
What can people tell me about the lad?

Heard quite a bit of hype about him, know he's been about the youth set up a long time, and captained them to some extent.

Anyone seem him play?

What sort of left back is he?

Fast? Tall? Tackler? Left Footed?

truehibernian
15-07-2012, 04:22 PM
What can people tell me about the lad?

Heard quite a bit of hype about him, know he's been about the youth set up a long time, and captained them to some extent.

Anyone seem him play?

What sort of left back is he?

Fast? Tall? Tackler? Left Footed?

Scott reminds me of a young Gary Naysmith. Not the tallest, but gritty, never hides, willing runner, and whips in some terrific crosses with a great left foot. Hard in the tackle, can however get caught out positionally but that will improve with experience. Needs to be more vocal.

Very very good player, one who I thought would make left back his own last year with Booth at left mid. In fact, both could interchange these positions in my opinion.

GGTTH07
15-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Really like to see Scott Smith at LB. And push Booth to LM. Both good wee players. Lot of potential in the both of them :agree:

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Thought he would be in the squad yesterday, not surprised with 3 left backs in the 22, Hanlon Booth and Kujabi. Think he will go on loan until Xmas, as maybe hard to get a run out

Wheat Hound
15-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Really hope he is given a chance this year......

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Smith

Booth
New CM or Stevenson
Cairney
New RM or Spoony

Caldwell
Doyle

Cocaine&Caviar
15-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Smith

Booth
New CM or Stevenson
Cairney
New RM or Spoony

Caldwell
Doyle

No pace, creativity or proven goalscorer in that team.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I hoped he'd get a chance as a defensive midfielder in the Kevin Thomson mould.

He played that position in a game v hertz at tinny (Scottish youth cup or EOS Shield?) and was a standout.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-07-2012, 06:23 PM
In terms of youth in general, it would delight me if the likes of:

Smith
Handling
Caldwell
Stanton

all get >15-20 appearances this season.

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Smith at under 15 and 17 was extremely vocal and very tough in the tackle.

Looked good going forward and defensively last pre-season.

Would like to see him and Caldwell start the first game and be in as regulars this season

Wheat Hound
15-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Disagree (obviously). Cairney, Booth and Caldwell have all exhibited (either at Hibs or elsewhere) decent pace and creativity. Whilst there is not a 'proven' goalscorer per se, finances might dictate that such a player is outwith our range (unless you can think of a realistic alternative), albeit I agree a more experienced striker is required. I think both Doyle and Caldwell (to be ably supported by Handling) have displayed good signs of potential. I think midfield is where the most urgent need for new blood is.

Alfred E Newman
15-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Williams

Maybury
McPake
Clancy
Smith

Booth
New CM or Stevenson
Cairney
New RM or Spoony

Caldwell
Doylethat midfield would be completely overrun on a weekly basis.

lucky
15-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't get this Booth love in, apart from 4/5 games at the start of first career he has shown nothing to suggest he is going to make it. I hope I'm wrong but just don't think he'll make it.

Jonnyboy
15-07-2012, 08:25 PM

that midfield would be completely overrun on a weekly basis.

Unless the creativity was provided by 'new' CM and 'new' RM :wink:

Scott Smith is a good player and I'd have him in the queue for left back ahead of both Kujabi and Booth. He's one of those guys who always seems to have time on the ball, even if surrounded by opponents

AlbertK86
15-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Think Smith also captained Scotland at youth level season before last

Wheat Hound
15-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Unless the creativity was provided by 'new' CM and 'new' RM :wink:

Scott Smith is a good player and I'd have him in the queue for left back ahead of both Kujabi and Booth. He's one of those guys who always seems to have time on the ball, even if surrounded by opponents

;-)

Winston Ingram
15-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I saw him a couple of years back and he was playing at CB. He's a great striker of the ball