PDA

View Full Version : Paul Cairney...

3pm
15-07-2012, 07:00 AM
I reslise it was 'only' East Fife but based on yesterday, initial signs are promising....

Capt Mainwaring
15-07-2012, 07:25 AM
I reslise it was 'only' East Fife but based on yesterday, initial signs are promising....

What position did he play?

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 07:28 AM
What position did he play?

Left, almost played as a winger in the 1st half. Did well I thought

bingo70
15-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Left, almost played as a winger in the 1st half. Did well I thought

Is he left footed?

3pm
15-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Is he left footed?

Mainly right footed.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Is he left footed?

No, likes to cut inside

Wilson
15-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Does he have a moustache?

Does he wear glasses?

Is he bald?

Is it Herman?

hibsbollah
15-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Sounds like an Ed deGraaf-esque debut. Lets hope he generates some unseen work in the engine room :aok:

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I only watched the highlights, and from them he looked comfortable on the ball, and whipped in some nice balls that were not converted. He also linked play well, i generally thought from what i saw he did well.

I also saw his interview when he signed, looks a shy boy, and you wouldn't want him as a team mate in a quiz team either. :wink:

HibbyKeith
15-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I only watched the highlights, and from them he looked comfortable on the ball, and whipped in some nice balls that were not converted. He also linked play well, i generally thought from what i saw he did well.

I also saw his interview when he signed, looks a shy boy, and you wouldn't want him as a team mate in a quiz team either. :wink:

I was really impressed with him yesterday, looks to get involved and done the simple things really well. I only really remember one stray pass out wide to sproule in the time he was on the Park. He's not shy to get stuck in for a wee guy either. I know his test will come against better opposition but the signs from him yesterday were encouraging.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I was really impressed with him yesterday, looks to get involved and done the simple things really well. I only really remember one stray pass out wide to sproule in the time he was on the Park. He's not shy to get stuck in for a wee guy either. I know his test will come against better opposition but the signs from him yesterday were encouraging.

:agree: It was nice to see someone so comfortable on the ball, and someone who looked like he knew where the ball should be played. Looked like he plays with his head up, and was aware of what was going on around him.

As you say, he needs to be able to do this against much better players, but the signs looked good yesterday.

jonny
15-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Thought he was pretty average to be honest. For me Sproule and Spoony were our best players - Cairney didnt really do anything wrong but on the other hand didn‘t do anything exceptionally well either

Kris1875
15-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I thought he looked pretty comfortable on the ball and always seemed to want it . IMHO there wasn't any real standouts yesterday as there wasn't any massive disappointments it was after all the first game , the mass of subs used showed .

Chuck Rhoades
15-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Also liked the look of PC today. He looked very comfortable on the left and not out of place - problem solved for LM?

Ferryhibby
15-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Thought he was pretty average to be honest. For me Sproule and Spoony were our best players - Cairney didnt really do anything wrong but on the other hand didn‘t do anything exceptionally well either

Average at the moment will do for me...would have been a whole lot worse if hed tried to play too many balls that went astray, its only the first of a loooooong season so hel grow with the team hopefully its the rest of the mid that will worry me...same players as last year...oz..stevenson...spoony...claros.

jonny
15-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Average at the moment will do for me...would have been a whole lot worse if hed tried to play too many balls that went astray, its only the first of a loooooong season so hel grow with the team hopefully its the rest of the mid that will worry me...same players as last year...oz..stevenson...spoony...claros.

I know it's only early days for him - certainly not even close to being able to make a fair judgement yet. He wasn't out of place - I just don't think he played any better than anyone else and that he offered a bit less than Ivan did on the opposite side. Also thought that when Kujabi replaced him in that position that Kujabi was a bit better.

After a striker another midfielder has to be top priority. I think that 1 striker will be enough as we have young Caldwell and Handling and both looked pretty good. Obviously in an ideal world we'd bring another 2 or 3 in but given the budget I'd rather have 1 striker and another midfielder as opposed to 2 strikers. Also quite liked the look of Maybury when he came on but again money might be a factor.

john18722
15-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Does he wear glasses?

Is he bald?

Is it Herman?

Genius PMSL!

Cocaine&Caviar
15-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Also liked the look of PC today. He looked very comfortable on the left and not out of place - problem solved for LM?

Williams

Clancy_McPake_Hanlon_Booth/Smith

___Shiels_DEF MID_Cairney

RW_________________Griffiths
_________Striker

jonny
15-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Williams

Clancy_McPake_Hanlon_Booth/Smith

___Shiels_DEF MID_Cairney

RW_________________Griffiths
_________Striker

Another 5 new players is extremely optimistic. I think 2 or perhaps 3 at a push is much more likely

oldbutdim
15-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Kujabi played better than Paul Cairney?

Crikey!

Opinions eh?

Jonnyboy
15-07-2012, 08:42 PM
I know it's only early days for him - certainly not even close to being able to make a fair judgement yet. He wasn't out of place - I just don't think he played any better than anyone else and that he offered a bit less than Ivan did on the opposite side. Also thought that when Kujabi replaced him in that position that Kujabi was a bit better.

After a striker another midfielder has to be top priority. I think that 1 striker will be enough as we have young Caldwell and Handling and both looked pretty good. Obviously in an ideal world we'd bring another 2 or 3 in but given the budget I'd rather have 1 striker and another midfielder as opposed to 2 strikers. Also quite liked the look of Maybury when he came on but again money might be a factor.

I must have missed that :wink: When Kujabi and Booth came on we looked a helluva lot more vulnerable down that side.

PC is a busy player, always wants the ball, likes a tackle and offers up decent crosses - just about everything De Graaf was not :greengrin

NOLA
16-07-2012, 12:48 AM

Does he wear glasses?

Is he bald?

Is it Herman?
i think its Boaby fae the pans