PDA

View Full Version : Supporter pressure on Sky & ESPN

Minder
15-06-2012, 10:41 PM
If Sky did pressure the Chairmen into accepting Huns II, should Sky customers walk away? If some prepared to give up watching Hibs if Huns II allowed in, would you be prepared to give up Sky?

Wotherspiniesta
15-06-2012, 10:43 PM
No.

Sir David Gray
15-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Nope.

jgl07
15-06-2012, 10:46 PM
It is up to the clubs to withstand pressure.

I doubt if Sky will be that bothered. They will offer a reduced deal to reflect the lower pulling power.

greenginger
15-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Someone on Kerrydale St posted a twitter exchange with Sky Admins and they say they will continue to broadcast the SPL without the new Hun Club.

Of course the fees could be reduced.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2012, 10:47 PM
No because if the Huns are in the SPL next season then I'll need sky so that I can watch the English footy.

tamsonsbairn
15-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I've wrote them a nice letter informing them if they do decide to pull the plug I may have to consider changing my supplier for my tv, phone, broadband. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Sky's money is partly to blame for Scottish footballs mess.
Until we stop soley chasing the money and broaden the revenue streams well be a slave - a dancer to their tune. A tune which dictates who'll prosper and who'll wither onthe vine.

snooky
15-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I've boycotted Sky since day one ........... I don't like RM and his subversive influences on politics.

Ferryhibby
15-06-2012, 11:22 PM
i dumped sky sports a couple of years ago...tbh i dont miss it i was fed up watching mediocre games...and that included the english ones and being shafted price wise for the privilidge

WindyMiller
16-06-2012, 01:47 AM
8 years since I dropped Sky and I don't miss it.

It's spoiled football IMO.

hibiedude
16-06-2012, 05:08 AM
100% No

Steve20
16-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Nope. Enjoy watching the English Premier and La Liga.

lucky
16-06-2012, 05:15 AM
No from me as well.

Lucius Apuleius
16-06-2012, 05:15 AM
I emailed them and told them I would. However I don't think my wife will let me.:wink:

bawheid
16-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Anyone who subscribes to Sky is part of the problem.

ANDY McGEECHAN
16-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Tell RM to GTF

The Harp
16-06-2012, 06:12 AM
I've never been a sky subscriber and never will be as I object to the control they have in determining when matches will be played - usually at times which inconvenience football fans who actually attend games.:grr:

virtualhibby
16-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I binned sky for this very reason a week ago. Working my notice period. To be fair, its not that hard a decision, anything I did watch other than the odd match, I can watch over internet on the likes of hulu.

Sent from the commode in my listening room.

LancsHibs
16-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Yes, Sky are a major lobbyist in the 'keep in Huns in the SPL and fek sporting integrity cos it's what WE want' camp. If they get their way I will be telling them to bolt!

Golden Bear
16-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Nae chance on my part.

I love Sky Sports coverage of other sports as well as the 'fitba and I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

oldbiker
16-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Nae chance but because of Formula one more than the fitba

joe breezy
16-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Yes I'll cut my package right down at least and I'll let them know why

Nice to see that most people are happy to let their club that hardly makes any money suffer but a massive cash rich company 'we'll let them away with it'

Just Alf
16-06-2012, 07:54 AM
I already have, gone to BT Vision, I'll get SKY from them.... I'll still have the footy but SKY will be getting a lot less from me :-)

lord bunberry
16-06-2012, 08:12 AM
i hope sky do pull out but it wont make me cancel my subscription i enjoy watching other sports like golf and the F1 to much

joe breezy
16-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm under contract so would need to be a reduction in services

I pay them a fortune though so even canceling movies and sports would be about 500 a yet they'd lose

The_Todd
16-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Sky won't do walking away.

Eyrie
16-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I only have Sky Sports for the EPL, rugby and NFL. They don't show enough hibs games for that to be a consideration and I have better things to do with my life than watch the sub-standard fare served up by the rest of the SPL.

So I'd keep it.

Heedersnvolleys
16-06-2012, 09:12 AM
I already have, gone to BT Vision, I'll get SKY from them.... I'll still have the footy but SKY will be getting a lot less from me :-)

And you will get even more from BT Vision next season. The quicker all media( paper & visual) is more of an open market the better we will all be IMO. Stop the RM strangle hold.

Gmack7
16-06-2012, 09:26 AM
is BT vision a viable/cheaper option to sky?

IWasThere2016
16-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I binned sky for this very reason a week ago. Working my notice period. To be fair, its not that hard a decision, anything I did watch other than the odd match, I can watch over internet on the likes of hulu.

Same (except for the commode bit). WTF is a listening room?

sadtom
16-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Get sky sports through Virgin but if they pressured us into accepting Newhun then i'd bin it. Got to at least stand up for ourselves. Considering the pishy deal we already get compared to engerland.
Cant belive sone folk would allow them to bang the final nail in the coffin of Scottish fitba and still gie them cash.

Scorrie
16-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Get sky sports through Virgin but if they pressured us into accepting Newhun then i'd bin it. Got to at least stand up for ourselves. Considering the pishy deal we already get compared to engerland.
Cant belive sone folk would allow them to bang the final nail in the coffin of Scottish fitba and still gie them cash.

Same with me. Agree 100%. If we got a £3bn deal like the EPL then I may reconsider (!) but if they pressure the SPL to take in Newhuns then i am binning Sky

Albion Hibs
16-06-2012, 12:22 PM
If Sky were to pressure clubs into taking rangers back in, or offer even less money than we currently get I would hope the SPL would tell them to ram it, and I would more than happily cancel my subscription.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2012, 12:50 PM
You can't currently get SKY sports through BT vision.

Just Alf
16-06-2012, 01:36 PM
You can't currently get SKY sports through BT vision.

A year ago they added sky sports 1 and 2 ???

Just Alf
16-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Sorry phone doesn't let me edit.... :-/

Less than a year ago to be fair, I'm sure the season had started.

To the question re costs

Short answer is yes

BUT

You do have to factor in that it only works over BT broadband

That makes the difference a lot less, we already had BT so it was a no brainer... There are less channels but we found the majority lost were ones we never watched :-)

Also added the ESPN channel which was a ten quid one off.

Betty Boop
16-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I've boycotted Sky since day one ........... I don't like RM and his subversive influences on politics.

Same ! :aok:

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2012, 02:20 PM

Did they? Got the leaflet through the post yesterday and no mention of SKY sports I thought! Must read it again with glasses on :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Sorry phone doesn't let me edit.... :-/

Less than a year ago to be fair, I'm sure the season had started.

To the question re costs

Short answer is yes

BUT

You do have to factor in that it only works over BT broadband

That makes the difference a lot less, we already had BT so it was a no brainer... There are less channels but we found the majority lost were ones we never watched :-)

Also added the ESPN channel which was a ten quid one off.

I've already got BT, how much you paying all in including SKY sports?

Hibby-Nessie
16-06-2012, 02:24 PM
From what I can gather BT are going to show EPL games on a new channel on the You View boxes. Typical as we just upgraded our BT Vision box, where you can get Sky Sports on a separate subscription.

Golden Bear
16-06-2012, 02:32 PM
BT will be paying SKY for the privilege of proving sky sports so if you subscribe to BT vision then indirectly you will also be subscribing to SKY.

dchibs
16-06-2012, 02:39 PM
No my wie works there get it all for free,:greengrin

Green Cabbage 7
16-06-2012, 03:03 PM
A big problem in scottish football is the fans who plough there money in to sky and what happens it is spent on english football, I don't watch english football at all and would only pay to watch scottish football on tv and if we did that around 250 million pounds of scottish football supporters money would stay in our own football

biggineurope
16-06-2012, 03:08 PM
No, get mines through virgin and watch plenty golf, fitba, F1, darts etc etc.

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2012, 03:32 PM
No because if the Huns are in the SPL next season then I'll need sky so that I can watch the English footy.

Wow .... Now theres a paradox right there.

You would stop watching the SPL if Rangers are allowed back in. The only reason the 11 SPL cubs havn't binned Rangers already is coz they think they cant take the hit of losing the SKY deal.

SKY may ( probably will ) remove or drastically reduce the deal if Rangers are not in the SPL, showing that they have no interest in sporting integrity or Scottish football, just viewing figures.

So basically the only reason Rangers would get back into the SPL is because of SKY, but you would be prepared to stick with SKY but not with the SPL.

As thing stand SKY aint the solution, they are a major part of the problem.

When you look at the billions SKY pump into the EPL the amounts they give to the SPL is peanuts. In fact I'm sure that QPR were saying in a recent documentary that they would earn about 100,000,000 in their first 3 seasons back in the EPL. Thats more than SKY give to the whole SPL and QPR are small fry compared to most in the EPL.

SKY could easily deal with a drop in income from Rangers absence from the SPL for a few seasons. In return they would get something you cant buy, a good reason to say they stand for fair play and sporting integrity. Perhaps its something they should think about.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Cancel sky and just use your friend best friend google, you get much more for nothing. :thumbsup:

The_Todd
16-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Sky haven't even hinted that they'd drop the SPL. Some people just need to stop reading the Daily Record.

Can you imagine the huge negative PR that would create?

jgl07
16-06-2012, 07:16 PM
From what I can gather BT are going to show EPL games on a new channel on the You View boxes. Typical as we just upgraded our BT Vision box, where you can get Sky Sports on a separate subscription.

BT have outbid ESPN for one of the EPL packages. It will be available across all platforms.

virtualhibby
16-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Same (except for the commode bit). WTF is a listening room?

Erm. A room where you listen to music. Set up to listen to music, nae tv or other pish. HiFi nerd thing.

Long Time Hibee
16-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone who subscribes to Sky is part of the problem.

Not really. I'm watching the US Open on Sky at the moment and enjoy watching 'sport' on TV. The SPL chairmen will be THE problem if they vote them in. :tsk tsk:

givescotlandfreedom
17-06-2012, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't give Rupert Murdoch a sniff of my jobbies and that's before the Hun love in.

Sunny1875
17-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Have Sky actually said anywhere and at any time, that they will pull the plug on Scottish football, Would it not be in the interests of the SPL clubs to challenge SKY on a legal basis if it did pull the plug, If Celtic or Rangers had a bad season and dropped out of the top six what would the Sky position be. SPL could then look into getting a new sponsorship deal set up in the future and cutting their cloth to suit

bawheid
17-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Not really. I'm watching the US Open on Sky at the moment and enjoy watching 'sport' on TV. The SPL chairmen will be THE problem if they vote them in. :tsk tsk:

You prove my point. You shouldn't have to hand over hundreds of pounds a year to a corrupt Aussie in order to watch major sporting events like the US Open on TV.

Sky have got a monopoly over golf, just like they have football. It'll slowly strangle that game too.

Eyrie
17-06-2012, 09:51 AM
You prove my point. You shouldn't have to hand over hundreds of pounds a year to a corrupt Aussie in order to watch major sporting events like the US Open on TV.

Sky have got a monopoly over golf, just like they have football. It'll slowly strangle that game too.

And if the BBC offered four free sports channels then we'd complain about the cost of the licence fee. I'd rather have the choice to pay that money to watch sport than go back to the old days when the only televised sport was the major events and anything else was a newspaper report.

green&left
17-06-2012, 10:12 AM
No chance. No way would I run the risk of missing Fulham v Stoke. It's the best league in the world don'tcha know.

Hope it goes tits up for them both. ESPN are the biggest sports broadbaster on the planet. If they really wanted the EPL rights they could have got them. As long as they show Serie A and Bundesliga i'm happy with that.

If every daft f***** up here who ploughs hundreds of pounds to Sky and the Premier League got off their ***** and went to support their local team instead the Scottish game would be in a greater state. Morons affiliation themselves to Man Utd and Chelsea then complain how rubbish our game is up here, not realising they are part of the problem.

jgl07
17-06-2012, 03:04 PM
If every daft f***** up here who ploughs hundreds of pounds to Sky and the Premier League got off their ***** and went to support their local team instead the Scottish game would be in a greater state. Morons affiliation themselves to Man Utd and Chelsea then complain how rubbish our game is up here, not realising they are part of the problem.

So the problems with Scottish Football are all down to Sky?

They have had two short spells televising Scottish Football. One from around 1998 till circa 2002 and the current spell following the Setanta meltdown.

They have televised English Football since around 1992. Hibs support is much the same now as it was then.

The problems with Scottish Football is all down to the Old Firm.

Malthibby
17-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't give Rupert Murdoch a sniff of my jobbies and that's before the Hun love in.

What he said.:agree:

Thecat23
17-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Unless babe station is on normal tv.. I'm keeping it. :P

Long Time Hibee
17-06-2012, 10:00 PM

Maybe so but I can't realy nip along to San Franciso to watch the Open, so don't have a choice other than not watching! I usually watch the Ryder Cup on Sky so wouldn't be able to watch that either! In addition, for what its worth, my wife also enjoys watching the Movie channel so presumably should she give that up as well?

Just Alf
17-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I've already got BT, how much you paying all in including SKY sports?

sorry missed this :doh:

on top of the BB cost the TV package is 12.50 a month ...... (with a £10 one off viewing card this gives ESPN for free) .... included is films, music vids, kids & Vision Sport (currently archived stuff mostly, not sure if this is where the new English stuff will be) ....

the Sky Sports channels are 1 or 2 at 12.50 per month or both together @ £18.50 ..... thing to remember is it is ONLY sports one and 2...

so across ESPN, Vision Sport & Sky Sports 1 & 2 there's going to be plenty (I've not got the Sky channels yet though!)

I'd be surprised if they don't do something price wise with the Vision Sports part though as it currently free as part of the £12.50 core package package (not much on it just now so no point I'd guess)

Bostonhibby
17-06-2012, 10:15 PM
If Sky did pressure the Chairmen into accepting Huns II, should Sky customers walk away? If some prepared to give up watching Hibs if Huns II allowed in, would you be prepared to give up Sky?

Seriously thinking about it now and if they do anything that even remotely appears to support the Hun I will sever them immediately, full package, and I will see what I can get form BT who are dangling all sorts of offers just now.

calmac12000
17-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I must admit my conscience does bother me anyway supporting RM and his reactionary politics. If they are seen to put the pressure on for for a pro=Hun vote, I'm afraid I'll withdraw my subscription pronto.

Col2
13-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Now that we have seen the power of Scottish football fans throughout Scotland including Rangers (they must have influenced green and Sally statements re d3) - is it time that one single direct threat was made to Sky and Espn from ALL fans in Scotland who subscribe?

We keep getting told per capita and number of subscribers we are higher than other nations of similar size.

If an organised campaign was started to threaten cancellation of all Sky and ESPN products IF both or either screw Scottish football as part of negotiations, then you have to think this could make a massive difference.

Any thoughts?

Hibercelona
13-07-2012, 06:18 PM
As long as there is still profit to be made, SKY and ESPN won't pull out.

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Every sky subscriber, even if you subscribe through virgin etc, should contact sky now and let them know if they squeeze our clubs to death they can stick there subscriptions in this country.

StewMartin
13-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I posted this months ago.

100,000 threats of cancelation at say £500 per year is £50m!

So a petition / threat to Sky will force their hand on this.

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I posted this months ago.

100,000 threats of cancelation at say £500 per year is £50m!

So a petition / threat to Sky will force their hand on this.

I'm sad to say that in my experience about half of your 100,000 never go to watch Scottish football and have SKY sports for the EPL. I would guess that it would be difficult to get them to support your idea.

I would also be willing to bet that a good number of the other half would be unwilling to give up their EPL fix for the sake of a good cause .... like I said elsewhere ...... having lofty ideals is easy ... until it comes to making a sacrifice for them.

Steve20
13-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd happily threaten them with cancelling but I'd never go through with it.

Enjoy too much on Sky Sports to get rid.

StewMartin
13-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Yes it's getting the signatures on the petition that counts. The mere threat would force Sky to backtrack.

Like most people I enjoy the premiership but would cancel sky sports for even a month as a protest which would still hit them for several millions

MrSmith
13-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Count me in on that! Will save me £50 per month on movies and sport!

However, for Sky's part probably thinking that newco is still profitable ... From what I was reading this morning - online - oldco Rangers account for 26% of Scottish Football or support. From this Sky should deduct that the other 74%, including Celtic fans, will vote with their subscriptions! So, a warning to Sky, ESPN et al, careful what you plan for!

erin go bragh
13-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes it's getting the signatures on the petition that counts. The mere threat would force Sky to backtrack.

Like most people I enjoy the premiership but would cancel sky sports for even a month as a protest which would still hit them for several millions
Ive already phoned sky to cancel my sports , when asked why , i said im waiting to see what they are going to do when newco drop down the divisions ,guy put me on hold then offered me free sky sports for 6 months ,which i accepted but informed him if they drop any money of our shocking amount they pay already ,compared to epl ,i will be cancelling my subscription straight away .
Guy on the phone said quite a few customers have been on the phone saying the same .

ggtth

monktonharp
13-07-2012, 07:42 PM

Enjoy too much on Sky Sports to get rid.therein lies the major problem:rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
13-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I would not go as far as to write to either of them, as far as i am concerned they have a great deal, in terms of the money they have to pay for the number of games they get in return - i am taking it as read that they are involved in scottish football, not rangers. therefore whilst it may not be ideal for them that rangers are no longer, it should not change anything.

I would however, cancel my subscription to Sky Sports on the same day they made any decision to trying to give us a deal that was any worse than the current one.

joe breezy
13-07-2012, 07:54 PM

I was thinking about it today - it will be quite a tough one to follow through but i would do it - movies and sports I can scrap which is a fair dunt

lucky
13-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Previously I would not have supported but I'm in now. Fan power ya bass

bighairyfaeleith
13-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Ive already phoned sky to cancel my sports , when asked why , i said im waiting to see what they are going to do when newco drop down the divisions ,guy put me on hold then offered me free sky sports for 6 months ,which i accepted but informed him if they drop any money of our shocking amount they pay already ,compared to epl ,i will be cancelling my subscription straight away .
Guy on the phone said quite a few customers have been on the phone saying the same .

ggtth

Well done keep it up lads. Get everyone you know to do the same. Never know we might even get more money:D

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

givescotlandfreedom
13-07-2012, 08:17 PM

You're hurting too much to go and watch Hibs until we become good so that's understandable.

Pretty Boy
13-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I like the darts too much! Imagine a world with the BDO as the only televised darts I could watch.

One Day
13-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Every sky subscriber, even if you subscribe through virgin etc, should contact sky now and let them know if they squeeze our clubs to death they can stick there subscriptions in this country.

I will

Ferryhibby
13-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I cancelled mine last year coz i was fed up watchin bloody wigan v bolton etc...personally dont miss it i go to the home games and some of the away games anythin else i can get online...legally

DMR1875
13-07-2012, 11:19 PM
i will

me too

IWasThere2016
13-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I cancelled mine pre SPL vote in case SKY walked. I've missed it for the USPGA. They offered me 3 months free but I declined.

marinello59
13-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Speedway, Baseball, NFL, Boxing, Formula 1, Cricket and more. There is no way I am cutting off my nose to spite my face by missing the excellent coverage Sky provide of all those sports. I doubt many will. (Accepting a reduced or free subscription wouldn't really count as a principled stand either would it?:greengrin)

DMR1875
13-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Speedway, Baseball, NFL, Boxing, Formula 1, Cricket and more. There is no way I am cutting off my nose to spite my face by missing the excellent coverage Sky provide of all those sports. I doubt many will. (Accepting a reduced or free subscription wouldn't really count as a principled stand either would it?:greengrin)

Wimp! Together we are stronger.

Cabbage East
14-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Now that we have seen the power of Scottish football fans throughout Scotland including Rangers (they must have influenced green and Sally statements re d3) - is it time that one single direct threat was made to Sky and Espn from ALL fans in Scotland who subscribe?

We keep getting told per capita and number of subscribers we are higher than other nations of similar size.

If an organised campaign was started to threaten cancellation of all Sky and ESPN products IF both or either screw Scottish football as part of negotiations, then you have to think this could make a massive difference.

Any thoughts?

Support Per capita we're bigger than almost any nation, not just nations of our size. It's a shame we always talk ourselves down.

Just_Jimmy
14-07-2012, 12:24 AM
I support hibs. I watch hibs in the flesh. I dont subscribe for scottish football. In fact, id pay for sky even if they pulled out as i watch english, spanish football and nfl games. Id be happy enough with no scottish games on tv tbh it would encourage gates to grow.

marinello59
14-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Wimp! Together we are stronger.

Grow up.

marinello59
14-07-2012, 12:47 AM
I support hibs. I watch hibs in the flesh. I dont subscribe for scottish football. In fact, id pay for sky even if they pulled out as i watch english, spanish football and nfl games. Id be happy enough with no scottish games on tv tbh it would encourage gates to grow.

I am usually at the only Scottish games I would want to watch on the box. I would rather see our clubs wean themselves off TV cash.

Hank Schrader
14-07-2012, 12:52 AM

In a nutshell.

Carheenlea
14-07-2012, 01:22 AM
There is nothing on Sky (& ESPN) that can't be viewed for free online. Sadly though, when Sky are signing Billion pound contracts for English football, a few thousand disgruntled Scottish subscribers cancelling is hardly going to bring them to their knees.

hibsdownunder
14-07-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm sad to say that in my experience about half of your 100,000 never go to watch Scottish football and have SKY sports for the EPL. I would guess that it would be difficult to get them to support your idea.

I would also be willing to bet that a good number of the other half would be unwilling to give up their EPL fix for the sake of a good cause .... like I said elsewhere ...... having lofty ideals is easy ... until it comes to making a sacrifice for them.

Following the logic of the argument very few people rangers fans or otherwise are going to walk away particularly if sky play it straight! So sky aren't really losing anything. Sky get greedy and several thousand will walk on a point of principle - do Sky really want to force this now particularly with the prospect of the newco in the spl in 3 years? I don't think so.

Predict minor impact on the deal, not the doomsday scenario that suited some. Pressure by supporters on sky can only help.

Ray_
14-07-2012, 07:20 AM
There is nothing on Sky (& ESPN) that can't be viewed for free online. Sadly though, when Sky are signing Billion pound contracts for English football, a few thousand disgruntled Scottish subscribers cancelling is hardly going to bring them to their knees.

The part in bold is key. The thing is for people to actively put pressure on SKY, they are already being affected by Murdoch's News International crisis and they certainly don't like losing custom, it would cost them £100+ per month from this household alone.

Albanian Hibs
14-07-2012, 07:33 AM
We have only got sky sports until november then wont be renewing after that.

YehButNoBut
14-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Have Sky Sports through Virgin, but would happily give it up if they were to reduce their investment in Scottish Football, which they get too cheap anyway.

I'm sure I read that they make something like £400 million in Scotland, so giving £18 million back to Scottish football is measly. :hi:

Prawn Sandwich
14-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Tell the man directly by Tweeting Rupert Murdoch @rupertmurdoch

Hibs7
14-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Won't have Sky on principal, they are monopolising sports coverage in this country, time the monopolies commission looked into this. Murdoch is a liar and a cheat worse than Rangers and I would never support either of them.

lord bunberry
14-07-2012, 08:18 AM
If sky pull out or reduce what it pays I will cancel my subscription and switch to virgin. I know sky will still get money from me but they won't get as much as they won't get the money for broadband or the telephone