PDA

View Full Version : No Wonder Season Ticket Sales Are Down

Audio Visual
13-07-2012, 01:23 PM
After years of suffering as a season ticket holder, last year and its bitter climax had me thoroughly sickened by Hibs to the point that I seriously questioned whether it may not be better shopping with the Mrs on a Saturday afternoon than enduring another painful 90 minutes at Easter Road. As someone who usually misses at least three to four home games per season due to family commitments, the financial incentive has long since been missing when renewing my ticket. The other so-called ‘incentives’ on offer this year appear to be in place to benefit others rather than the actual ticket holder but nonetheless, as the season draws closer, the same irrational optimism starts to creep in and in spite of my better judgement, I find myself ready to renew once again.

However, as desperate as Hibs supposedly are to have my money, I find that there is no way to renew online (I have tried) and numerous attempts at calling the ticket office today have been met with silence. Even Ticketmaster could not help. As I go away to Canada tomorrow to visit family and will not return until the weekend of the season opener, it seems that Hibs are not really that keen to get my money after all.

Judas Iscariot
13-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Hasn't the renewal period long gone?

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Hasn't the renewal period long gone?

I thought so as well and that you now have to apply for a new Season Ticket (no guarantee of last Season's seat)

UPDATE: Actually, you can't even buy NEW STs online?!?!?

From the Site:

"WE'RE SORRY! This event is no longer onsale through the e-Tickets site. Always check onsales dates for all events to make sure that you don't miss out on any match tickets.

Please return to Ticket Home to continue browsing."

Audio Visual
13-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I thought so as well and that you now have to apply for a new Season Ticket (no guarantee of last Season's seat)

Fair enough but you can't do either if nobody picks up the phone!

greenginger
13-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I was in the shop about 1.30 today. Plenty of staff on and no unanswered phones ringing.

Try phoning the main switchboard, I'm sure Rod will fix it for you. :greengrin

Keith_M
13-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I've just E-Mailed the Ticket Office to ask about the unavailability of the Online service. I'll post any reply here.

Oh and as regards phoning the Ticket Office, I've always found that a bit hit or miss. Some days you get through straight away and other days not at all. I really can't see why there should be a problem buying online.

'Let's all get behind the team / manager / club'.
......Well stop making it so bl**dy difficult and we might :wink:

Audio Visual
13-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I was in the shop about 1.30 today. Plenty of staff on and no unanswered phones ringing.

Try phoning the main switchboard, I'm sure Rod will fix it for you. :greengrin

Just tried that mate and the switchboard isn't even answering! This may be a sign...

Just tried the clubstore too and same thing - no answer. The weekend has come early for Hibernian employees it seems. Alas, I have work to do so that's me - no extra dosh to PF's transfer kitty from me...

KdyHby
13-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Maybe a relaunch of the season ticket planned given today's events?

mca
13-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Maybe a relaunch of the season ticket planned given today's events?

Coming soon :aok:

Geo_1875
14-07-2012, 08:21 AM
They're probably busy recalculating the ST prices now that there is at least 1 less Category A game on the fixture list.

greenginger
14-07-2012, 08:27 AM
They're probably busy recalculating the ST prices now that there is at least 1 less Category A game on the fixture list.

Got to say Hibs v Dundee sounds a lot more appealing to me than Hibs V Sevco, NewCo, or whatever name they become. :agree:

RMQ1967
14-07-2012, 11:02 AM
After years of suffering as a season ticket holder, last year and its bitter climax had me thoroughly sickened by Hibs to the point that I seriously questioned whether it may not be better shopping with the Mrs on a Saiturday afternoon than enduring another painful 90 minutes at Easter Road. As someone who usually misses at least three to four home games per season due to family commitments, the financial incentive has long since been missing when renewing my ticket. The other so-called ‘incentives’ on offer this year appear to be in place to benefit others rather than the actual ticket holder but nonetheless, as the season draws closer, the same irrational optimism starts to creep in and in spite of my better judgement, I find myself ready to renew once again.

However, as desperate as Hibs supposedly are to have my money, I find that there is no way to renew online (I have tried) and numerous attempts at calling the ticket office today have been met with silence. Even Ticketmaster could not help. As I go away to Canada tomorrow to visit family and will not return until the weekend of the season opener, it seems that Hibs are not really that keen to get my money after all.

I wrote to Hibs board before the cup final on exactly the same subject. Told them that the ticket system is as gash now as it was 30 years ago & that if they wanted up front cash for 2 season tickets they could call me as I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to give money on their shockingly bad systems. Still waiting for a call. I think I'll forward it to PF to let him see what fantastic support his board are giving him.

andyf5
14-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I wrote to Hibs board before the cup final on exactly the same subject. Told them that the ticket system is as gash now as it was 30 years ago & that if they wanted up front cash for 2 season tickets they could call me as I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to give money on their shockingly bad systems. Still waiting for a call. I think I'll forward it to PF to let him see what fantastic support his board are giving him.

I wrote as well to club@hibernianfc.co.uk . The site seems very complicated to do anything and does not seemed geared to selling in the way other sites are. My son has been on their system for 10 years and somehow disappeared. In fairness someone from their ticket office phoned and sorted my problem after I emailed them but the ticket system has not improved.