PDA

View Full Version : Next Season

GGTTH07
12-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Realistically guys, where do you think we will end up in the league come may 2013? I'll be honest guys but I actually think we'll be bottom six. Current squad just isn't good enough. Nevertheless GGTTH! Oh and also.. FTH!:flag::flag:

EdinMike
12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I think we'll be "Bottom of the Top" Although In my heart 3rd place is reachable ! (Motherwell being 2nd)

edinburghhibee
13-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Realistically guys, where do you think we will end up in the league come may 2013? I'll be honest guys but I actually think we'll be bottom six. Current squad just isn't good enough. Nevertheless GGTTH! Oh and also.. FTH!:flag::flag:

But nobody has selected anything less than 6th place yet, can't you vote on your own poll??

GGTTH07
13-07-2012, 12:08 AM
But nobody has selected anything less than 6th place yet, can't you vote on your own poll??
yeah im trying to make myself happier mate haha :aok:

edinburghhibee
13-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Hopefully two wins out the first two games will make everybody a lot happier, Dun Utd are not great starters in the league and we surely can't get beat off that other mob after the final...

Steve20
13-07-2012, 02:38 AM
About 9th or 10th with the current squad.

lord bunberry
13-07-2012, 03:36 AM
It's hard to form an opinion for next season as our squad isn't finished yet. What we have now won't be good enough but I'm confident more players will be brought in and then we will all have a better idea of what we can achieve

Hermit Crab
13-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Same place as last season but my glass is always half empty.

Wembley67
13-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Always a huge optimistic optimist pre-season with Hibs, so I'll say 2nd....my opinion does tend to change quite rapidly though :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
13-07-2012, 06:39 AM
I think we will scrape into the top 6 but after reading the thread I may be one of the more positive ones:greengrin.

I'm basing that on the expectation that Pat brings in a few more players, if he doesn't then I may have to revise my prediction.

Geo_1875
13-07-2012, 06:57 AM
If we can't win it why take part?

JohnStephens91
13-07-2012, 07:12 AM
We will finish somewhere between 6th and 8th, hopefully I'm wrong though. The amount of work needing done is ridiculous and it will take a long time to sort out the culture change needed here. Anything is acceptable as long as we are not in a relegation battle and can at least beat Hearts this season.

jacomo
13-07-2012, 11:53 AM
About 9th or 10th with the current squad.

:agree:

Marginal improvement but I can't see PF doing much, I'm afraid. Either he stays for another season of deeply disappointing football, or he goes and we have yet another transitional season, bumping along towards the bottom.

Would love PF to prove me wrong, but I just don't have much faith in him. With this squad and this manager, we should hopefully be a bit more solid, but still lack creativity and nous.

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Too early to say, given that most transfer activity seems to have stopped, waiting for the Rangers thing to be resolved.

Stevo1875
13-07-2012, 12:14 PM
2nd & win the scottish cup- we might sign some really decent players and get a bit of backbone that we have been missing so long. other teams like hearts, utd & 'well may continue to lose players.

12th - we might have more of the same as last season... we have not yet signed players to suggest otherwise. McPake is great, what if he breaks his leg?

i'd say we need to make 6th to consider the season a success and hopefully build on this next year.

Franck Stanton
13-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Bit early for a poll like this imo, what with us still waiting for more players to be signed. Still, in the spirit of things I voted 5th, even if we dont bring in any more players [I,m sure we will], and have to go with the current squad think we could achieve 5th. With the back 4 having more or less been sorted [ ok I conceed l/b still a concern], the midfield has been slightly strengthened, we should still be capable of 5th. All the other SPL teams have been considerably weakened, [with exception of the sheepies], and with the blue-nose bigots gone, am quietly confident about the season .
Celtic, D'Unt, M'well, Them, Us, Sheep will in my opinion be the top 6 at the split. Would settle for that to be honest. GGTTH

Macaroon
13-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I think we'll be "Bottom of the Top" Although In my heart 3rd place is reachable ! (Motherwell being 2nd)

Motherwell have lost many of their players this window. Dundee Utd have managed to hold onto most though, with the exception of Dixon. I'd say Utd will finish Second.

I've voted for Hibs at 6th. Two places in front of the yams :cb

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Voted 7th after signing only 4 players so far....In reality after 10th and 11th in last two seasons, I would take 7th as progression, but we need to try for top six, in terms of money spinners etc