PDA

View Full Version : Childish Hibs Habits

R'Albin
12-07-2012, 03:31 PM
I'll kick off: Whenever I'm at the Cinema I always make sure to pick the green straw.

Macaroon
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, whenever a choice arises where the only difference is colour, I pick the green one.

scoopyboy
12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
In my department there are two shift managers, one a Hibby and the other a Jambo.

The Hibby orders everything in green, padlocks, A4 ring binders, clipboards, paper punches.

Pleases me no end.

Taz_hibee
12-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes, whenever a choice arises where the only difference is colour, I pick the green one.

Me Too :wink: :agree: :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I only drink Green Tea.

Even though I hate it.

Sherlock Jones
12-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Whenever I have to pass Tincastle 'stadium', I give it SUCH a dirty look!

R'Albin
12-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I only drink Green Tea.

Even though I hate it.

Apparently green tea increases the size of your Hampton wick, are you able to confirm or deny these reports PH?

Macaroon
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Why stop at spitting on the Heart of Midlothian?.....

Hongkong Phooey
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM
When I am home and I drive past the PBS I always give it the finger. Used to drive my wife mental.

One time I got into trouble at work for upgrading my hire car at Heathrow cos all they had in the class I should have hired were maroon.

Macaroon
12-07-2012, 03:49 PM
When I am home and I drive past the PBS I always give it the finger. Used to drive my wife mental.

One time I got into trouble at work for upgrading my hire car at Heathrow cos all they had in the class I should have hired were maroon.

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :top marks

hibsbollah
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
When driving along Gorgie Rd or along the western approach road as the stench from the brewery hits us me and the kids hold our noses and shout 'whats that terrible smell' as loud as we can with the windows open. Guaranteed to cheer up a dull car journey :greengrin

J-C
12-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Yep me too, green toothbrush, mouthwash etc

SoL
12-07-2012, 03:55 PM
SMT over LRT!

Macaroon
12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Sol is definitely my favourite beer.

thebigman1875
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I always pick the green lead when I take the dog for a walk instead of the red or maroon one.

Ross4356
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Green toothbrush green straws always

Hibrandenburg
12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Don't possess anything maroon.

thebigman1875
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Don't possess anything maroon.

The wife bought the maroon one just to annoy me.

Lungo--Drom
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
RAOFL :faf:

Okay it's pretty much the same from me. Given a choice I'll pick the green version of something although is this cheating if my favourite colour is also green? I would never choose maroon for sure. Gads. Yes whenever I pass the PBS on a train I either glare at it with menace or if there is no-one else sitting near me I flick it a middle finger :faf: I refuse to eat jammy dodgers even although I love biscuits. No way am I eating a biscuit with a (maroony) red heart in the middle of it. Every time an episode of Rebus comes on the telly I shout, "Ha ha Stott ya fat Jambo clown, havin' tae play a Hibby eh!" which pisses my wife off no end. Every time I see Alec Salmond on the telly I shout, "Mein Fuhrer, why did you have to be a ****ing Jambo?"
Do I win a green straw?

edinburghhibee
12-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I live near the *****hole and every time i'm on my way home from the town p!shed I either sing hibs songs or boo the big empty stand... seems pretty sad now I think about it.

:flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::flag:

FromTheCapital
12-07-2012, 05:42 PM
I always select the green straw :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
12-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Apparently green tea increases the size of your Hampton wick, are you able to confirm or deny these reports PH?

Whilst my proud pecker cannot talk or type, I can confirm he is nodding his head in agreement and is now acting hard all of a sudden.

HibeeDave
12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I've set up the system access for workers that they all have to type in Hibees before they can carry out duties.

LancashireHibby
12-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Always pick something green when the choice arises.

Don't own anything that is maroon.

Always flick the V's when passing the PBS on the train in to Edinburgh.

mca
12-07-2012, 07:56 PM
We Had a Maroon Kitchen.. (deep wine red) said the paint tin - And - After the cup final - we hunted high and low for the darkest Green Paint we could find..

We found this lovely Bottle Green colour and its Expensive stuff..

But our Kitchen is almost the same colour as the new Home Top.. :aok:

As it was painted before the top came out - i congratulate Hibs for having a Top the same colour as my kitchen.. cheers rodney :not worth

Pretty Boy
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
A lot similar to the above.

Always choose green if its an option.
Always give Tynecastle the finger.
Use Hibs codes for just about every password at work etc.
Called my old pet rats Franck and Russell.

Gatecrasher
12-07-2012, 08:01 PM
im glad im not the only one with the green straw, toothbrush etc :thumbsup:

blaikie
12-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Green Car ... Was cheaper in silver!
It's the Green mean hibee machine :)

I also have a jambo neighbour at my girlfriends place, I take great pleasure in parking real close so he struggles to get out!

mca
12-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Aye - There is nothing like driving up past the brewery and getting the window down to stick the arm out and give that Dump the fingers on the way past..

very childish il admit.. - but its now became a family tradition.. :na na: kinda thing..

No the childish sorta guy - but i stopped sticking my arse out the car window whenever i passed that Dump - since i failed the driving test... :greengrin

Jones28
12-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Loudly boo Tynecastle whenever my train goes past it.

Make puke noises when I go past someone in a Hearts top :greengrin (personal favourite)

On buses up Leith walk I always look out for the green stantion at ER - done it since I was a kid and not stopped.

Hermit Crab
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
RAOFL :faf:

Okay it's pretty much the same from me. Given a choice I'll pick the green version of something although is this cheating if my favourite colour is also green? I would never choose maroon for sure. Gads. Yes whenever I pass the PBS on a train I either glare at it with menace or if there is no-one else sitting near me I flick it a middle finger :faf: I refuse to eat jammy dodgers even although I love biscuits. No way am I eating a biscuit with a (maroony) red heart in the middle of it. Every time an episode of Rebus comes on the telly I shout, "Ha ha Stott ya fat Jambo clown, havin' tae play a Hibby eh!" which pisses my wife off no end. Every time I see Alec Salmond on the telly I shout, "Mein Fuhrer, why did you have to be a ****ing Jambo?"
Do I win a green straw?

You on the iron road?

jgl07
12-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Living in Merchiston and quite near to Tynecastle, I used to like to walk up towards Gorgie when Hearts were beaten at home and ask the passing maroon clad masses: "How did the match go"?

The other one was after Hibs beat Hearts at Easter Road was to put scarves oout of the car windows and drive around Gorgie after the match!

erin go bragh
12-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Parrot was called Sauzee,rabbit called Yogi.

Now have a cockateil called Reilly [trying to get it to say seven nil ,the huns are deed [hearts will be next]and tainted cup , with no success yet.]

Would say about 90% of my tops are green ,never ever wear or touch anything maroon.

Always flick the v's when passing the pbs ,sometimes with a wee spit .

Have Hibs birthday 6th aug 1875, on a birthday reminder on my phone .

Loads more ,lol :greengrin

ggtth

jakki
12-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I've got 2 dogs, a 4 year old Jack Russell named Mixu and a 4 month old Jackahuahua named Suzee ( closest we could get to Sauzee). Atso all my tops are green except my away football tops!

EdinMike
12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Whenever I have to pass Tincastle 'stadium', I give it SUCH a dirty look!

I find myself doing this as well, It's a lot more ethical than the "BOO" I used to give it as a kid on the bus...

lyonhibs
12-07-2012, 11:40 PM
I rather assumed that giving Tynecastle the finger was a standard practice for all Hibbies at all times?? Once went in to visit a mate who worked in the Fopp - now bust I think - on Rose Street. On the stairs to the upper level they had piles of unofficial Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and Hibs annuals for that year. Must only have been 3 years ago, so we'd have been as mediocre as usual.

I still took a good 10 minutes ensuring that the top 5 books in each pile were Hibs books. If there's a quality Hibs related headline in the sports pages on the EEN, I'll make sure each pile of newspapers in my local newsagents in crowned with a copy, showing said headline to the world.

I'm 27, but it looks like I've got 3 decades - at least - of juvenile behaviour to go before I need to worry!!

GGTTH07
13-07-2012, 12:30 AM
my passwords always seem to have 07, 62 or 1875 :scarf:

jgl07
13-07-2012, 12:42 AM
my passwords always seem to have 07, 62 or 1875 :scarf:

You demonstrate your childishness by including '07' in your username!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2012, 01:04 AM
I took it upon myself to force feed that "lassie" Jam Tarts until she got herself wedged in the window as she hung her Romanov banner out!

StevesFamau5
13-07-2012, 01:22 AM
I took it upon myself to force feed that "lassie" Jam Tarts until she got herself wedged in the window as she hung her Romanov banner out!

You win the internet sir!!!

On a related note my other team Bradford have maroon on the home kit. So alwaus buy whatever horrible away monstrosity they produce. Last years neon pink was a fave though..... I'll leave quietly now :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DAVE1875
13-07-2012, 04:23 AM
The whole green toothbrush shi-bang, every pair of football boots I've owned has been green. Not often you see one up here but whenever I walk past a Jambo in Aberdeen I scoff really loudly.

Bristolhibby
13-07-2012, 05:39 AM
On a condensed window (bus or car for example) if deciding to write a word, I write H I B S.

J

Peevemor
13-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Anyone still do the 533814 thing now and again?

HibbyKeith
13-07-2012, 05:58 AM
In any card shop I always cover hearts calanders with Hibs ones.

Green toothbrush/straws etc

Own nothing maroon at all. Hounded daughter for weeks about a pair of jean type shorts that were maroon until she threw them out.

Wouldn't let my 6year old son go to street/break dancing classes over the summer holidays for fears o him becoming Callum elliot.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2012, 06:10 AM
In any card shop I always cover hearts calanders with Hibs ones.

Green toothbrush/straws etc

Own nothing maroon at all. Hounded daughter for weeks about a pair of jean type shorts that were maroon until she threw them out.

Wouldn't let my 6year old son go to street/break dancing classes over the summer holidays for fears o him becoming Callum elliot.

Lol harsh!! ;)

proud_and_green
13-07-2012, 06:11 AM
I can't say the name of a certain colour. If it comes up in a sentence then i always substitute "that colour that the team who play at the dump in the west of edinburgh" - i get some very strange looks if, as on one occasion, it happens in a meeting in England or other remote areas.

I also always pick green every time where there is a choice.

coco22
13-07-2012, 07:17 AM
At a school i work in, parents requested that a boy was moved reading groups because he refused to be in the green group (being from a large yam following family!). Request refused and young jambo had to deal with it.

JohnStephens91
13-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Whenever Hibs beat them I usually go for anything with green on the packet, Limeade, salt and vinegar crisps etc.

I always pick anything green whenever a colour choice arises.

Whenever I am in England and visit a football stadium I make sure I try and get into the ground and when talking to officials I always talk about Hibs, the guy at Meadow Lane laughed about it.

Green toothbrush, green football boots, green mouthwash...

Going past the dump in the west of the city I throw a dirty look, give it the fingers or some other variant of silent abuse.

I always make sure to spit on the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile, I make sure it is a big bogey infested one too.

FTH. GGTTH!

duffers
13-07-2012, 07:52 AM

Almost daily when I get bored at work. 533814 and 5318008 the 2 best things which make me highly amused in the office

IFONLY
13-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Always stick the finger up when passing the sh***hole,when playing any card games I always refer to the suits as Clubs, Diamonds, Spades and Hibs. On the odd occasion that Hibs beat that lot I put a nip of Blue Bols in my pint of lager comes up a lovely colour. Silly yes!!

PatHead
13-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Sadly enough still do the green toothbrush etc. Cheese and Onion were my favourite Crisps purely because the packet was green.

As a side issue, the other week, I altered the spices in Tesco to RFC RIP as in that photo. I would recommend doing it whenever you are in. Makes you feel good.

Youngest son does it whenever he goes in now. That's what you call bringing your children up properly!

Mark79
13-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Green toothbrush always
Turn radio forth off within the first few notes of the hearts advert.

jonty
13-07-2012, 09:54 AM
1875 is the code for many things at work :wink:

neilmartinrocks
13-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Throwing all the maroon and orange jelly babies away.
My mate has a pet rat called wallace.

Ross4356
13-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I hate the fact that buses were and now are back to maroon.

stantonhibby
13-07-2012, 12:12 PM

indeed - or even just the 5814. Showed this to my daughter who took great delight in passing this on to her Hearts supporting grandad.

LancashireHibby
13-07-2012, 12:29 PM
indeed - or even just the 5814. Showed this to my daughter who took great delight in passing this on to her Hearts supporting grandad.

How on earth have I not known this before? Now added to my list after just doing it in the office.

Northernhibee
13-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I used to have an alarm clock where you could record your own alarm call, it stopped working unfortunately because every morning, without fail I was woken up by a loud "IT'S F*** THE HERTZ O'CLOCK".

DCI Gene Hunt
13-07-2012, 01:32 PM
A Hertz top is always handy for when the bogroll runs out. Nice and soft on the ringpiece, soaks up the feeshus quite well and the stains aren't too noticeable from the colour. :cb

Macaroon
13-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I hate the fact that buses were and now are back to maroon.

Don't worry. The Service 1 goes to Easter Road cos they know we are superior.

AustinHibee
13-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Played for Tynecastle boys club years ago and used to wear my Hibs top
under the strip to stop maroon touching my skin.
Now fill shelves in a supermarket and always put green items to the front.
(aged 55).

basehibby
13-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I remember years ago when Brian Hamilton switched from Hibs to Yams, rushing home and immediately tearing his picture out of the calander and "sacrificing" it to Stanton as a burnt offering in the ashtray much to the astonishment of a couple of my then girlfriends pals who happenned to be there at the time.

Apart from that there's all the usual stuff like green toothbrushes - and in recent years I've even stopped eating sweet potatoes as the thought of ingesting pure Yam just gives me the boak

Virginia Hibs
13-07-2012, 06:23 PM
To take this a little further an emoter submitted a pan European recommendation for our preferred hire car company to H***z, cue managerial advice to negotiate terms with the next best bidder. Contract duly awarded on the basis of price and better negotiated terms.....and the fact that no one has to suffer saying that name whenever they need a car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginia Hibs
13-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Should read employee not emoter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
13-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Every time I walk up royal mile and at the point near St Giles I do the biggest gob every. Disgusting I know but heay needs must

nonshinyfinish
13-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Green toothbrush - is there any other colour of toothbrush?!

Green football boots.

Have a number of football shirts that I bought purely because they're green - Werder Bremen, Rapid Vienna, Borussia Monchengladbach, St. Etienne and most obscurely VFB Lubeck.

Don't own anything maroon, and God willing I never will.

Once got half a dozen bemused French tourists to gob enthusiastically on that pish collection of cobble stones by St Giles.

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I think this thread is hilarious!

One Day
13-07-2012, 10:14 PM
When i but a lighter it has to be green

DMR1875
13-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I must admit I do like driving the cab along Gorgie after they get beat. Pickup a fare. Me. "radio not working mate what was the score?" Them. " We got beat". They then have a long journey home with myself asking about the goals the other team scored! Always cheers me up. Then nip back to Gorgie to do another!

HappyHibbieCabbie:greengrin

Scott Allan Key
14-07-2012, 05:40 AM
I used maroon tiles in my toilet because that's where the dirt and crap goes.

Albanian Hibs
14-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Always say out loud "Hertz are *****" when I pass someone in the street wearing anything hertz related.

Always give the finger when passing the PBS.

Used to wear a Hibs tshirt or strip under my Tynie girls strip when I played for them.

If my baby got any gifts/presents that have that horrible colour in them then they either go right in bin (tad harsh!) or back to shop for an exchange!