View Full Version : Hibs emails

11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Just struck me today I haven't had an email from Hibs in weeks. Are they still doing these or have I somehow fallen off the list?

11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Not had one for ages either. They've also bumped the two emails I sent them about their stance on Newco in SFL1 :rolleyes:

11-07-2012, 05:21 PM
I got an email recently regarding the huns situation, was more or less what we already knew.

11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I got an email recently regarding the huns situation, was more or less what we already knew.Probably the same one everybody got that didnae answer any of the questions I asked, that's what they do when they dinnae like the questions asked. They just regurgitate the same stuff they have already come out with that says nothing in particular.

11-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Probably the same one everybody got that didnae answer any of the questions I asked, that's what they do when they dinnae like the questions asked. They just regurgitate the same stuff they have already come out with that says nothing in particular.

11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I got this generic email from Hibs in the last few days - fair play to them but i don't think it goes anywhere near far enough in responding to any of my concerns in my email.:

I'm not going to keep bashing them about it though. If that's the best they can do then i can only decide myself if i want to support this going forward.

I will see what transpires first!.......

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the club and for expressing your views. I am sure that you will appreciate that the club has received an extraordinary number of emails and letters from supporters on this subject. Due to the volume of correspondence we are simply unable to reply to each email and letter by specifically responding to each point raised. I can assure you however that every comment has been read and fully understood by the Directors of the Club.

As regards the possible admission of a Rangers Newco to the SPL, the Club made it known some time ago that it would vote against such a proposal. The Club also made known its view that there should be no further delay and that a vote should proceed on 4 July 2012. As widely reported the vote took place on 4 July 2012 and Hibernian along with other clubs voted overwhelmingly to reject the admission of a Rangers Newco into the SPL. It is now certain that Rangers will not participate in the SPL for season 2012/13.

Rangers’ representatives have now confirmed that they will formally apply for admission to the SFL for season 2012/13. It will now be for other bodies to determine if and at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football from 2012/13 onwards.

This decision has been made at a difficult time for Scottish football and will mean that all SPL clubs will suffer some financial damage. Our Club, along with the others, will need every supporter to get behind their club and play a positive role in ensuring the future viability of our Club and of the professional game in Scotland.

Thank you again for your email and for your continued support of your Club.

Regards

Scott Lindsay/Rod Petrie

11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Yep, that's the one I got, answered nothing. I'll no bother again either, it seems quite clear now what their position re. newco in div 1 is whether they'll admit it or not.

Sporting integrity, my erse

11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I mean those marketing ones that gave you all the latest news and promotions. They seem to have stopped. Just wondered if they were still going. If so I've dropped off for some reason. Hopefully not a wider issue and we are missing out on marketing to people.

11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I mean those marketing ones that gave you all the latest news and promotions. They seem to have stopped. Just wondered if they were still going. If so I've dropped off for some reason. Hopefully not a wider issue and we are missing out on marketing to people.

I'm pretty sure they've stopped, or at least slowed down. Maybe there's a different approach with Fife being away.

12-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Yep, that's the one I got, answered nothing. I'll no bother again either, it seems quite clear now what their position re. newco in div 1 is whether they'll admit it or not.

Sporting integrity, my erseI think it is a veiled answer,big man. they are saying that they have done their bit,but at the same time telling us that Newco (who they refer to, with the old name) are gonnae cost us a fortune,so back us, and come along, as we will oose a packet until they get back in next season. just my take on it, but they have not issued a statement to change my mind as to how things will transpire.

13-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure they've stopped, or at least slowed down. Maybe there's a different approach with Fife being away.

Our club is a shambles at times. They should be doing what they can to build anticipation for the new season - us fans are more important than ever, apparently.

13-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I got this generic email from Hibs in the last few days - fair play to them but i don't think it goes anywhere near far enough in responding to any of my concerns in my email.:

I'm not going to keep bashing them about it though. If that's the best they can do then i can only decide myself if i want to support this going forward.

I will see what transpires first!.......

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the club and for expressing your views. I am sure that you will appreciate that the club has received an extraordinary number of emails and letters from supporters on this subject. Due to the volume of correspondence we are simply unable to reply to each email and letter by specifically responding to each point raised. I can assure you however that every comment has been read and fully understood by the Directors of the Club.

As regards the possible admission of a Rangers Newco to the SPL, the Club made it known some time ago that it would vote against such a proposal. The Club also made known its view that there should be no further delay and that a vote should proceed on 4 July 2012. As widely reported the vote took place on 4 July 2012 and Hibernian along with other clubs voted overwhelmingly to reject the admission of a Rangers Newco into the SPL. It is now certain that Rangers will not participate in the SPL for season 2012/13.

Rangers’ representatives have now confirmed that they will formally apply for admission to the SFL for season 2012/13. It will now be for other bodies to determine if and at what level Rangers might be accommodated within Scottish football from 2012/13 onwards.

This decision has been made at a difficult time for Scottish football and will mean that all SPL clubs will suffer some financial damage. Our Club, along with the others, will need every supporter to get behind their club and play a positive role in ensuring the future viability of our Club and of the professional game in Scotland.

Thank you again for your email and for your continued support of your Club.

Regards

Scott Lindsay/Rod Petrie

Got same when i e-mailed them re rumours of Rod trying to get them in div 1

14-07-2012, 08:34 AM
To be fair if Hibs directors spend all the time it takes to reply individually to the hundreds, maybe even more than that, messages from supporters Big Ben would never have been signed. In fact nothing would ever happen at ER except replying to letters!

Its good that at less busy times they do take time to provide individual replies but I think another way must be found and supporters expectations somewhat tempered.

IMO its a good thing the weekly email isn't that regular during the close season. Most of the time it just be flogging stuff and I think folk would get a bit peeved off with that.

14-07-2012, 09:27 AM
To be fair if Hibs directors spend all the time it takes to reply individually to the hundreds, maybe even more than that, messages from supporters Big Ben would never have been signed. In fact nothing would ever happen at ER except replying to letters!

Its good that at less busy times they do take time to provide individual replies but I think another way must be found and supporters expectations somewhat tempered.

IMO its a good thing the weekly email isn't that regular during the close season. Most of the time it just be flogging stuff and I think folk would get a bit peeved off with that.

Why would they want to reply to every fans messages individually, when they are all more or less asking the same questions anyway?

Let the club focus on season preparations ffs.