PDA

View Full Version : So, according to the British media, is Andy Murray British again?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2012, 12:13 AM
I haven't seen any evidence of it yet, but maybe it's a bit too soon after his defeat?

Or maybe it was a chip on the shoulder, paranoid myth all along. :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-07-2012, 08:59 AM
FFS! Let it go!

Hibbyradge
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
FFS! Let it go!

Why?

If it was important enough for folk to make the claims in the first place, I think it's only right that we analyse what actually comes to pass.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Nah he lost so he's still Scottish it kinda goes :wink:

Eyrie
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
So what you're saying is that Murray is not being overrated when ranked fourth in the world :greengrin

Hibbyradge
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Yeah, I kinda knew that.

But the way the media have actually taken him to their hearts it deserved a more thought provoking/sarcastic title. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
So what you're saying is that Murray is not being overrated when ranked fourth in the world :greengrin

World Rankings mean nothing, plenty of people on here have already told me that :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Why?

If it was important enough for folk to make the claims in the first place, I think it's only right that we analyse what actually comes to pass.

If thats your main reason for pursuing this i'm surprised you've not started any other threads disagreeing with stuff other folk have posted.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I was reading the English press in the run up to the final and he was referred to as both British and Scottish.

99% of the coverage was relentlessly positive, the only negativity came from the bell end of a tipster in the Mirror who tipped him to lose every match and made some pretty pathetic jibes about Scots.

I think the whole British/Scottish thing is just a myth.

Future17
12-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I was reading the English press in the run up to the final and he was referred to as both British and Scottish.

99% of the coverage was relentlessly positive, the only negativity came from the bell end of a tipster in the Mirror who tipped him to lose every match and made some pretty pathetic jibes about Scots.

I think the whole British/Scottish thing is just a myth.

It definitely used to exist, but I agree it's much less evident now. The Murray coverage was very well balanced.

Those cynics amongst us may link BBC's apparent change in tact with a 2014 referendum...but I would never do such a thing.